Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Amarathia City

Tzaan remained quiet throughout the preparations, raising an eyebrow at Val's comment about his shape-shifting. Possibly he would shift frequently, if only to scare the horses.

He saw the others set off, and after a second brief thought, changed to a large cat, akin to a leopard or puma. The fur was sandy coloured, and it's eyes a similar yellow. It glanced after the others, and loped after them, ignoring the strange glances he received. He picked up speed, until he was drawing alongside the front most horse, and slowed down, keeping pace easily.

Noticing the others starting off, picked up his speed to match the party. While they were in the city boundaries, he simply ate his breakfast atop the horse. Between mouth-fulls, he questioned Val,
"So- how fast will- we be going? I could scout- ahead of the party- if you want," he dusted off his hands of crumbs before continuing, "I should be able to easily fall back to you guys if I see anything. If not, I'll keep an eagle's eye out!"
Rather than looking towards the group, he simply recited his proposal while looking around the city's buildings. Maybe this would be his last chance to see them before they truly left the city.

"No need," Val called across to Kian. "Isaiyl is handling our scouting, and we're better off riding together if something undesirable does happen upon us. For the first few days that shouldn't be an issue, since we'll be within more heavily patrolled lands. With luck, we'll have no incidents till we reach Eskandor - the main road is still at least relatively safe that far out."

To Abel, he smiled and patted the star's arm again. "Don't panic so much," he cautioned gently. "As long as you keep your balance and hold on, you'll be fine."

This early, the city streets were still relatively clear - although far from empty. People were starting to emerge from their homes with the rising light, but the bustle of the daytime hadn't quite come upon the city just yet. Once Val had guided them to the Queensway, it was a straight path along it to pass through the gates to the lower circle and thence to the outer gates.

Back