Amdarh's Stories

Amdarh

Whistling, a soft tune disturbing the birds and making the rabbits run in the undergrowth. A young woman appeared in the glade, the afternoon sun gleaming in her blonde hair. She stepped in the tall grass, avoiding the brambles and the delicate flowers, until she squatted in front of a tuft of greenery. She looked at it, smelled it.

Yes, this is just what I need.

The girl took out a small pruning knife and cut a handful of the herb, dropping it in her satchel. Just a couple more ingredients, and she would be able to head home. Something in the corner of her eye attracted her attention and she raised her eyes.

A bright light in the sky, a second sun, growing, quickly. At first, the frail girl only looked, curious, but panic slowly settled in. It's growing too much, too fast. She quickly looked around for cover, as if that would help, but she knew this was the will of God. The young woman kneeled, did a quick symbol of the cross and mumbled a fervent Ave Maria.

With a deafening explosion, the asteroid impacted the clearing a few seconds later, leaving it a scorched, smoldering crater. Of the girl, nothing could be seen.

Hours later, as the night covered the forest of its black blanket and the ground is slowly cooling down, a hand appears at the edge of the crater, then an arm, then the girl, naked but untouched, her hair unscathed flowing in the night breeze.

-----------------------------------------------------

The year is 1403. Amdarh is a 20 year old herborist living on the fringes of society. As she walks in the forest one day, she is struck and killed by an asteroid. However, the celestial object modified her DNA. Anytime she dies, she now regenerates to how she was that fateful day, a 20 year old girl.
Now, in 2203, she's 1820 years old, and she has seen a lot. Too much. She has lived and died through everything, she has known joy and pain, peace and war, love and hatred. And still she cannot die.

------------------------------------------------------

I present to you Amdarh, my main character. I'll play any character, but that's kind of my persona, and my avatar.
View attachment 1930
Considering she's been around from 1400 to any time in the future, she can be used in a lot of settings, and I would enjoy building her story with you.
To complicate things, each time she dies a particularly brutal, traumatising death, she develops a new personality. She now has 9 personalities (basically, the 9 alignments of D&D: Loyal-Neutral-Chaotic; Evil-Neutral-Good). Every time she dies, a new personality takes over, fairly randomly (roll of a die).

- Remy: the original. Neutral Good. Caring and compassionate. Good at medicine and music.
- Riley: born from the fall of the asteroid. Neutral evil. Sadistic and masochistic. Good at stealth and lockpicking.
- Piper: born from being burnt at the stake for witchcract. Chaotic evil. Condescending. Good with knives and informatics.
- Veronica: born from being saved by Joan of Arc. Chaotic good. Arrogant. Good sword duelist and good in physics.
- Cherry: born from being walled alive for five months. Chaotic neutral. Iconoclast and crazy. Good with guns and explosives.
- Caprice: born from discovering the the amerindian culture and religion. Neutral. Shy. Likes poisons and biology.
- Miriama: Loyal good. Bossy and dominating. Good with bows and legislation.
- Angelica: Loyal neutral. Brawlish and brutal. Good with hand to hand combat and history.
- Emily: Loyal evil. Flirty and controlling. Good in dance and politics.

So if there's a moment in history you'd like us to explore together, or if you find the concept interesting, let's write something together!

------------------------------------------------------

Suggested storylines
- but really, it can be anything since 1400
- I suggest some characters for you, but it can be anyone you'd fancy
- The further back we go, the more low-powered setting it should be. Mutants can come in slowly as centuries pass. But this can be discussed.

1. Witchcraft! [Amdarh, Romance/Adventure]
1x1
When she was hit by the asteroid, Amdarh created her first new personality, completely opposite to what she used to be: evil, selfish, uncaring. When she came back to her life, she stole from the villagers, stopped curing their ailments and mocked their beliefs: she had died and returned!
This doesn't go down well with the local populace. She's arrested by the Count's men and hanged by the neck for thievery and blasphemy. Only when they took her body down, she came back to life! With a heavy heart, the Count called in the Inquisition.

I would suggest your character is the Count's son and heir who gets smitten by the young woman (or is very intrigued/envious of her power?). What will he do, what will they do?
This could also play in the 100 years war and the personality of Joan of Arc.

2. On the high seas [Amdarh, Adventure]
Group
The Golden Age of piracy, Amdarh joined a pirate crew to enjoy a long overdue freedom. Her skill with swords and guns earned her a grudging respect from her shipmates. Running from a Spanish gallion, stalking the dirty alleyways of Kingston, exploring virgin islands and looking for treasures, all the pirate tropes can be explored!

3. Uncharted Worlds [Adventure, Nation building]
Group
A group of mercenaries band together in a small spaceship and tries to survive the conflicts that rock the galaxy.
Each player would play both a galactic faction and a mercenary on the ship (think Dark Matter or such sci-fi).
Discussion thread here.

4. Abduction [Amdarh, 18+, Gore/Smut/...]

1x1
In modern times (or not), Amdarh is studying fascinating new sciences at university. As she returns home, she's abducted.
A bit different style, but if someone is interested in exploring that kind of thing... Considering she can regenerate when she dies, there's a lot of options.

5. The God of Light [Comedy, Romance]
1x1
Muse A from the past (say, Middle Ages) is magically transported to modern times directly in the living room of Muse B. Muse B shows Muse A how the world works.
This would be a comedy of discovering all the new technology (such as control over light and electricity) as well as putting in perspective our cultural standards (clothing, etc.).
Could develop in a Romance, or Muse B could take advantage of the situation, or... to be discussed.

6. Pygmalion [18+, Romance, Gore]
1x1
Muse A is a genius scientist who strives to improve humanity and the human condition. Rejection after rejection from the FTA, his peers and the academic community on his most ambitious projects, he resolves to hire/kidnap Muse B to develop his experimentations and improvements directly on her. It would also provide him with some female company.

7. The other girl [Romance, 18+]
1x1
Muse A, marketing director in a large company, is in an unhappy marriage with his wife of 5 years. When Muse B joins his team (as his personal assistant or expert, or...), he can't stop thinking about her.

8. Into the woods [Horror, Gore, Amdarh]
Group
A group of friends decide it's high time to have a breath of fresh air and go camping in the woods. They couldn't have expected what was going to happen. Well, except if they had watched any horror movie ever.

Last edited:
First of all, I'm a compleat noob at rp. Never done it before. If thats ok with you, then the sci-fi setting sounds pretty fun. I'm assuming that we would be controlling the factions out of character, since it wouldn't make much sense for a mercenary to have his own space empire.

ps. your spoiler button isn't working.

Hi!

I'm happy to write with anyone, really. If it doesn't work out (one way or the other, my style or atmosphere might not please you), we can always stop at a later stage. I prefer to cast a wide net and purge afterwards :)

For the sci-fi, indeed, you would have on one hand a faction, and on the other a lonesome handsome awesome mercenary. The idea is to share the world building among players.

Added a bit more diverse storylines:

5. The God of Light [Comedy, Romance]
1x1
Muse A from the past (say, Middle Ages) is magically transported to modern times directly in the living room of Muse B. Muse B shows Muse A how the world works.
This would be a comedy of discovering all the new technology (such as control over light and electricity) as well as putting in perspective our cultural standards (clothing, etc.).
Could develop in a Romance, or Muse B could take advantage of the situation, or... to be discussed.

6. Pygmalion [18+, Romance, Gore]
1x1
Muse A is a genius scientist who strives to improve humanity and the human condition. Rejection after rejection from the FTA, his peers and the academic community on his most ambitious projects, he resolves to hire/kidnap Muse B to develop his experimentations and improvements directly on her. It would also provide him with some female company.

7. The other girl [Romance, 18+]
1x1
Muse A, marketing director in a large company, is in an unhappy marriage with his wife of 5 years. When Muse B joins his team (as his personal assistant or expert, or...), he can't stop thinking about her.

8. Into the woods [Horror, Gore, Amdarh]
Group
A group of friends decide it's high time to have a breath of fresh air and go camping in the woods. They couldn't have expected what was going to happen. Well, except if they had watched any horror movie ever.

Time? There is always time for the bold and adventurous!
More seriously, all my plots are open. If there's one that tempts you, let me know. The only one started is the Uncharted Worlds, but you can still join in if you wish.

Back