Gods Among Men Amusement Mile

Saarai

Lord of Bondage and Pain
Benefactor
Built in the late 1800s, Amusement Mile has always been a staple of Gotham City, attracting people from all over with it's world renowned acts such as Haly's Circus and the Flying Graysons.

Being located on the edge of the East End did Amusement Mile no favors once organized crime destroyed the area with violence and drugs. The attraction would become completely shut down after the Joker's and his gang adopted it as their hideout.

After the disappearance of the Joker and the apparent disbanding of his gang, Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor partnered to restore Amusement Mile to it's former glory.

Rumors persist that the Joker's gang still hides in older, more secret, areas of Amusement Mile waiting for their Prince to reclaim his throne.

David walked side by side with a middle-aged man through the amusement park. It was busy after all the renovations, after no one had to fear the Joker.

Despite his apparently good physical shape, the man carried an oxygen tank and a cane. War wounds, so to speak.

"Thank you for meeting with me, Detective." David said to the man, "Call me Lou. I'm not a detective anymore." Lou told David, "Fair enough. You were one of the detectives that the SCU had chasing the Joker when he first showed up, correct?" David asked.

"Yeah, that was around... '99, 2000, maybe." Lou answered, "I wasn't a detective when I first joined up. Ranked up over time chasing the Clown." The man said, bringing his oxygen mask up to his face.

"This was his old haunt? Amusement Mile? There were rumors, are rumors, that his gang still resides here." David said, "Gotham's people are superstitious. Everyone loves a good urban legend." Lou told the reporter.

"Like, the Batman?" David asked, causing Lou the pause for a moment and consider his answer.

He smiled, letting out a weak laugh. "I'll give you that. I just think the Joker is gone. It's been five, six, years and he hasn't come back. The Joker craves attention. He's not going to stay out of the spotlight for this long if he isn't dead somewhere." Lou told David.

"Thank you, Lou. I'll keep in touch if I have more questions for you." David said to the man, reaching his hand out. "I'll answer all of them. I got nothing else to do these days except talk to people and yell at my doctors." Lou joked, shaking David's hand.

Last edited:
Back