New User An Old Newbie

Old Scratch

Hello Storytellers,

Old Hat here. I wish there was some clever reasoning or an interesting story behind that name but sadly there is not. The closest I've got it I don't know how or why but it makes me think of one of the Devil's many names, Old Scratch. What about me? I'm a level 31 human bard with zero musical or poetic talent and too many perk points in Useless Knowledge. I'm not sure that I have any points in weapon proficiency but I do push a mean broom and if our party runs into any monsters, my brain seconds as a bestiary. I may not be brave enough to do battle myself but if you've got a big enough stick, I'll tell you where to hit.

I was perusing the web for a place to role play and after visiting a couple of old haunts I discovered Top RP Sites where I found the Circle. So I might be a newbie to the Circle but I'm an experienced role player yet don't confuse that with skilled because there are plenty of things I have experience in but still manage to be terrible at. So what sort of role play am I looking for? Fantasy. Horror. Science fiction. You name it and I'm in it. If this were D&D, I'd rather be a player than a dungeon master which means for now I'd rather create a character and follow someone's lead.

So that's a little bit about me. I tried not spilling my guts all at once.

Welcome to STC, we're thrilled to have you. :>

Do you typically just do fantasy/DnD writing or do you have other genre interests as well?

Welcome to STC, we're thrilled to have you. :>

Do you typically just do fantasy/DnD writing or do you have other genre interests as well?

Thanks!

Fantasy is definitely my first love but I'm open to all genres. A particular favorite is science fiction mixed with some eldritch horror. Funny enough, I've never actually played D&D. I played a rather lackluster session of Pathfinder once but the group never got back together and I've moved to a new city since then.

Thanks!

Fantasy is definitely my first love but I'm open to all genres. A particular favorite is science fiction mixed with some eldritch horror. Funny enough, I've never actually played D&D. I played a rather lackluster session of Pathfinder once but the group never got back together and I've moved to a new city since then.
That's a shame, D&D is a lot of fun. At any rate, welcome to STC!

Welcome to STC Old Hat!

Do you have a favorite horror theme you like? I'm rather obsessed with horror at times. So I like to ask!

I hope you enjoy your time here!

That's a shame, D&D is a lot of fun. At any rate, welcome to STC!

Yeah. I really enjoyed the little time I spent playing even if our DM did roll the wrong stats for the stone golem that ended up killing our entire party. It was his first time DMing but he made it a lot of fun by doing things like offering a bonus if the guy playing the barbarian gave us his best battle cry. I don't like LARPing but it was cool that he had some prop weapons that we could use to show how we made a certain attack. My halfling even managed to trip up a skeleton with a grappling hook before being turned to paste by that pesky golem. Once I get settled, I'd like to play again if I can find another group.

Thanks again for the welcome! I signed up using my Discord so you can find me on there, too.

Welcome to STC Old Hat!

Do you have a favorite horror theme you like? I'm rather obsessed with horror at times. So I like to ask!

I hope you enjoy your time here!

I guess eldritch would be my favorite theme... It's that sort of weird or bizarre Lovecraftian-style horror. Some good examples would be The Thing (1982) or the first two Dead Space games. I discovered the SCP Foundation a little over a year ago and I've really fallen in love with the stories and articles I've found there. If you've never heard of them, I definitely suggest checking them out. I first discovered them through a YouTube channel called The Exploring Series where the guy does an amazing job of narrating different articles from the official site. Some of my favorites really invoke the macabre styling of body horror, esoteric rituals, and existential dread.

Oh man, that sounds amazing! I've never heard of them but I'll definitely check it out thanks for the tip!
And I watched The Thing with my dad when I was younger, I can really only remember the gist of the plot and some bit and pieces but from what I remember it was wonderful plot-wise.

Yep! The Thing is one of my favorites. It's a little slow like most horror movies from the 80's but I think it's still one of James Cameron's best movies and a young Jeff Bridges does a lot to carry the cast forward throughout the story. Not that I'm a film critic or anything. But I really can't recommend the SCP Foundation enough, especially if you like horror. You could just watch videos or read articles on all of the different SCPs but the official site is actually all user-created content that follows a specific format for posting and it's really phenomenal what they've done with it. I haven't added any of my own content but maybe some day.

80's horror movies are usually the most interesting to watch. Besides this new horror movie that came out called midsommar (more of a thriller but still really cool). But I'm most definitely going to check out their youtube now!

Hey there and welcome to Storyteller's Circle!

Just swinging in to let you know that your account has been approved. You should now have access to all areas of the forums.

'ey mon!
Welcome to the Circle!

I'm often doing D&D 5th Edition every week more often than not. Fair few Teiflings in the groups I'm in >3
Fantasy is awesome <3

Hope you have a blast!

Hey there and welcome to Storyteller's Circle!

Just swinging in to let you know that your account has been approved. You should now have access to all areas of the forums.

I'm gonna need you to go ahead and give me my initiation punch with some Sprite. And if you could put in a scoop of sherbet, that would be greeeat. M'kay? Oh, and I almost forgot, I'm gonna' need you to go ahead and hold off on the psychedelics and cyanide until the comet comes, 'kay? Thaanks.

'ey mon!
Welcome to the Circle!

I'm often doing D&D 5th Edition every week more often than not. Fair few Teiflings in the groups I'm in >3
Fantasy is awesome <3

Hope you have a blast!

Thanks! I'm a dangerous person now that I've got full membership. Not like 007 dangerous but I could probably definitely hurt myself if I'm not careful.

Due to life just doing it's thing with no regard to my plans, I've moved in with my brother for a little bit while I get settled on my feet but I'll keep you in mind for my future D&D adventures. Do you play on Discord with video chat or something?

Thanks! I'm a dangerous person now that I've got full membership. Not like 007 dangerous but I could probably definitely hurt myself if I'm not careful.

Due to life just doing it's thing with no regard to my plans, I've moved in with my brother for a little bit while I get settled on my feet but I'll keep you in mind for my future D&D adventures. Do you play on Discord with video chat or something?

Oof, watch that edge.

Discord is where it's at when you're in groups where players aren't all in the same area or even country. xD I'm in at least two group that run over Discord for the voice chat. We don't always video chat though. Sometimes I do when I feel brave. :D

Oof, watch that edge.

Discord is where it's at when you're in groups where players aren't all in the same area or even country. xD I'm in at least two group that run over Discord for the voice chat. We don't always video chat though. Sometimes I do when I feel brave. :D

That's so awesome! That is definitely something I would like to get into after I get more comfortable in TSC. I'm new to Discord and originally joined because I wanted to follow a book reviewer from YouTube. I'll definitely be hitting you up about that sometime.

That's so awesome! That is definitely something I would like to get into after I get more comfortable in TSC. I'm new to Discord and originally joined because I wanted to follow a book reviewer from YouTube. I'll definitely be hitting you up about that sometime.

Quite simple to use to when the servers don't get crabby on you. Does happen from time to time, but it's a free service unless you want to pay for the boost. :3

Glad to hear it ^_^

Back