Ancient Forest (1X1)

She nods at his words. "Thank you." She looks towards the town. "Las time I saw him was in the library." She says and starts heading that way .

He follows her, figuring she'd know the town better than he did. He couldn't help but look around as he walked, some certain humans occasionally catching his eye. But he tried to ignore them and stay on task. He didn't need to kill when his regular food source was already right in front of him, and it probably wouldn't be a good idea to feed where everyone could see him anyway.

She moved carefully through the town until they reached the library. She goes inside and looks around. The guy wasn't there from what she could see. "I don't see him..." She says and starts to look down the aisles to see if she spotted him.

He made sure to stay close to her, not knowing what he should expect from this stranger, if they found him. He didn't even know who to look for, so he was a little disappointed in himself that he couldn't be much help at the moment.

She gazed around and then shakes her head slightly. "I can't find him...then again...no one is here..." She comments as she looks around again. Did she just waste a bunch of time doing this?

"Maybe he's in another part of town. Did you happen to see him anywhere else the last time you were here? Or can you think of any place else he might be?"

She shakes her head slightly. "No, I only saw him here. " she says as she looks around again then pauses as she thought she saw movement in the back of the library. As she moved towards it, the doors slammed shut to the library and a click could be heard as they locked .

Orange quickly whipped around to face the sound, seeming to try and hide panic. "I'm guessing that didn't happen the first time you were here?"

She shakes her head slightly. "No that didn't happen last time."

A cold laughter filled the air. "I see you are still alive girl. Impressive. The poison from my pet is usually more effective and I see you brought a friend."

The panic in his eyes quickly turned to protectiveness at the sound of this voice. Something was just wrong about it. He was surveying the area in attempts to try and see who or what could be the source of this voice.

Sarah had tensed at the sound of the voice but she kept still. Her eyes narrow. "So that's what you do? Hide behind your beast, say haunting things and hide in the shadows?" She retorted.

The voice chuckled. "You have fire in you girl. Just like your mother." The air seems to get colder suddenly. "So demon you think you can protect your brothers? Protect her?" He laughed again. "Fools all of you."

"I have to protect her. I'm certainly not gonna let something like you get to her." He felt part of his human disguise, and his wings flare up. "If you're really so big and bad, why not show yourself? Unless, of course, you're afraid to really come face to face with us."

Sarah was tense and her grip on her walking stick was strong.

The voice chuckled. "Oh no, I don't fear you. More I am I amused."

"Then why don't you show yourself instead hiding in the shadows like a coward?" Orange was clearly starting to get annoyed. Either he'd face off with this hellish creature, or he'd force their way out of that library, but he didn't want to stand around chatting with God-Knows-What that, for all he knew, could kill them at any moment.

The room seemed to darken as a shadowy form stepped forward. "Careful what you ask for boy."

The demon growled as he faced the creature. "You really think you're so big and bad, while you're letting a creature do your dirty work for you. How weak do you think we are?"

The creature seemed to glide about the shadows as it moved from one place to another. "Oh I know your strengths and your weaknesses. More than you know yourself. "

He followed it with his gaze as best as he could, maintaining a protective stance in front of Sarah. He was silent for a moment, thinking, before asking something he probably should've asked a while ago. "Why did you have to lock us in here? Just to taunt us?"

Another chuckle filled the air. "Very good boy. You may actually stand a chance soon."

Sarah was trembling now. She was trying not to be afraid but she didn't know what they were facing or what to do.

By some instinct he placed a hand around Sarah's shoulders and pulled her close to him, just in a protective sort of way. "Still, don't think I'll let you lay a hand on this girl. You can bat me around all you want, but you won't touch her, understand?"

Back