Ancient Forest (1X1)

"You think you can stop me boy? I am shadow, I am darkness, I am death itself." He laughs coldly as it began to grow darker.

"I can kill you without thought or shall I tortur you before her eyes first? Or maybe I shall leave you both locked here and feast on your brothers?"

Orange was about to bark something back, but caught himself before he said anything that could make things worse. He just glanced to Sarah then back to the creature. Part of him still wanted this creature to show itself, but with these threats he was starting to reconsider.

The shadow moved again, this time closer. "Good, you are learning."

Sarah looks around slightly then tenses as she saw another shadow figure behind them. It moved before disappearing. "I am the shadows girl. I am every where."

"Now why should I let you go?" He taunted.

"I guess that depends on what use you have for us. If you just locked in here so you could taunt us, then good job, you've done that, you don't need us anymore. If there's something else behind it, though..." Orange was trying to put some logic to the situation, tried to make it fair but tilt it in their favor. Something he thought Red would do. For everything the creature threw at them, he tried to think 'what would Red do? What would Red do?'

The man took shape before them and he was smiling. "I just need time." He smirks. "You see though she got the antidote from the tribe to treat the poison , it does her no good when she left it behind." He shrugs.

"I just need time. You two locked up here allows her to weaken and the pendant to weaken and soon my creature will be free."

He wanted to say something, but he couldn't think of anything for this. Had they really just been set up? Did he really let them get into this situation? He soon enough let go of Sarah and stepped towards the figure. "She doesn't deserve this, you know. She's too kind of a person for any of this. Take me instead. I don't know what it is you want, but if it has something to do with wanting me and my brothers dead in the long run, then why not start with me? It's not like anyone will miss me anyway?"

The laughter flooded the room again. "You are a fool. Yes i want you and your brothers but not to kill you. No I have use for you."

The room seemed to grow colder. "As for that girl, it is her fault and the fault of her ancestors that any of this happened. They are to blame for my current state and my creature being locked up."

"I don't care what you want for us, just take me and leave her alone! It's not like she chose her bloodline, you know! This isn't entirely her fault. Just let her go... take me in her place." Deep down he didn't understand why he was giving himself up for her. But he had to protect her, and if he had to give himself up to do it then so be it.

The male took on a more solid form. He shakes his head. "No, that won't work. She must remain. You are no good to me dead." He said.

"You don't have to kill me! Just take me, do whatever you want with me! I don't care! Just leave her alone!" He was starting to lose his temper again, his stubborn streak was showing. He took another step towards the figure as his hands balled into fists, and he was trying to focus on breathing just to calm himself down. He knew this wasn't a good idea for himself, but as long as Sarah was safe, he wasn't concerned. That wasn't a good thing.

The man laughed again. "You truly have no idea what you are asking boy." He smirks.

Sarah tenses as she saw the man go to move. He became his shadow form again and moves forward.

She reacted first though as she grabbed her pendant and held it up and leaped to Orange's side. The pendant suddenly began to glow blindly.

The man screeched and the doors to the library blew open as he rushed out to get away from the light.

As he noticed the man getting ready to move, he shut his eyes and seemed to be bracing himself. Then Sarah jumped to his rescue. He simply looked over at her in silent shock before giving her some space and saying something. "You... you didn't have to do that..."

She was trembling still but she shakes her head at him. "I had to do something. I got us into this mess.." She shakes her head a bit. "He just wants to use you and your brothers. I don't think he knows anything about Red's dreams." She says.

"I doubt he even knows Red has those kind of dreams." He paused for a moment, still trying to take in the fact that he was just saved by a human... definitely not something he was used to. "Maybe we should ask the chief, instead. Not sure what he'll know about it, but maybe we'll be able to find something."

She nods a little, "probably..." she says to him. "We can try..." she says as she heads towards the door. The pendant had stopped glowing and she put it back around her neck.

He follows her, now kind of hoping he'd never have to come back to the town again. At least not that library, he'd certainly be avoiding that. But maybe the chief would know something, at least try to be able to tell what these dreams mean. If luck was on their side, anyway.

She had to lean on the walking stick as she moved. Her body hurt but she ignored it because she wanted answers for Red. "I'm not sure if he will have answers but we have to try."

"Maybe, if we can at least tell him what we know about the dreams, he might be able to interpret them and tell us what they mean or something. But honestly, I'm good with any help we can get." He started to notice how she leaned on the walking stick, and was a little worried about it, but didn't know what to say so he kept quiet on the subject.

Sarah nods slightly. "Yes any help would be good." She says in agreement. They were getting close to the village now.

He went completely silent as they were getting closer, and as it came into view he was starting to get nervous. He'd never been near the village before, so he wasn't sure what to expect, but if both Green and Red could come back safe from it then it shouldn't be so bad.

Back