Ancient Forest (1X1)

She smiles a bit to him and nods. "I really don't want to be alone. " she says to him honestly. Carefully she moves and gets herself comfortale on her makeshift bed.

He smiled and let himself lay back gently against the wall. "Then I'll stay here."

(So what would you think if Sarah had a dream of her own about the doll maker?)

(I think that would be interesting.)

She smiles again to him, then settles into her blanket. She closes her eyes and starts to drift off to sleep.

(In that case...~)

Some time after she had fallen asleep, her subconscious pulled her to... some kind of bedroom. The way it was decorated somehow looked like it might match Red's tastes, especially considering the color scheme. After the dream had given her a minute to look around, there was a light knock at the door, and a polite, male-sounding voice from behind it. "Hello there? May I come in?"

She blinks a little as she looks around the room a bit. Where was she? Carefully sitting up as she looks around then she tenses a little as she heard the knocking. She nods a little. "I think so...who is it?" She asks.

"Ah, my apologies. I figured since Red was telling you about me and wanting answers and for me to meet you, I'd just give him all that he wants. He'll be here once he falls asleep, so for now it's just you and me. But... well, to put it the way Red might put it, I'm the doll maker." The same cloth doll Red was so fascinated with earlier was now sitting on the dresser.

She blinks slightly. She hasn't expected it to work. At least not with her. "You're the doll maker? Is there another name you prefer?" She asks curiusly to him.

"Well, for the moment, Red and I haven't been able to agree on what to address me as... I guess whatever you feel comfortable with and whatever's convenient for you , as long as it's nothing offensive."

She blinks a bit at his words. It wasn't what she expected. Most rather be called by a name of their choice. She tilts her head slightly. "A name is a powerful thing. " she says.

"Well... I guess it's been so long since I've had to use my real name, maybe I just lost my grasp on it." There was a nervous chuckle from behind the door before he spoke again. "Sorry, that sounds kind of farfetched. I just don't know if there really is a specific name for you to use for me."

She nods a little again then says. "Come in....maybe we can come up with one together. " she says to him.

The door opened and revealed a man who appeared to maybe be in his 40's somewhere, with black hair and black eyes, skin as pale as the demons, and he was dressed in the kind of suit you might imagine a businessman wearing, dark red necktie and all. Another thing to note was that his eyes looked almost like they were glass. He smiled gently when he saw her. "So you're the girl Red's been talking about lately. It's a pleasure to finally meet you face to face."

"From what I remember, your name is.. Sarah, right? I'm mostly just going off what Red's told me." His smile faded just a little as he seemed to retain a formal composure. One Red often seemed to try to mimic. "Um.. would you like to come downstairs? When Red gets here, I'm sure he'll know where to find us. And I personally feel like conversations with someone new are easier and more natural when sitting at a table with the other person."

She nods a little. For some reason the first thing that came to mind as she looked at him was the word father. At his suggestion she nods softly and moves to get up. "Yes I'm Sarah. " she smiles a bit. "Sitting at a table would probably be best." Gently she got up and checked her ankle a little.

His smile returned and he started on his way downstairs, looking back at her for a moment as he did. "Would it be okay if I made the three of us some tea? Nothing better to help ease any tension, right?"

She nods softly as she follows after him. "I love tea." She says as she smiles again. So far she didn't see anything wrong with the male. He still made her think of a father like figure though.

He led her downstairs to a rather elaborate dining room and pulled out a chair for her before heading towards the kitchen to start on the tea. Not long after that, it sounded like there were footsteps upstairs, already starting on their way downstairs.

She sits down in the chair he pulled out for her. Thanking him as she sat down. She looks around curiously then blinks as she heard the footsteps.

Red soon enough entered the dining room, and seemed a bit surprised to see Sarah there. But he smiled and sat down across from her. "I guess he was able to bring you here. Good."

As the water was being heated, the doll maker came back to the room. "Ah, Red, glad you could join us. I was wondering whether or not I'd be able to get you both here. Honestly, it was a little more difficult to get Sarah here, probably because she's human and I'm not used to accessing her dreams." The man then seemed to catch himself as he looked back to Sarah. "Ah, that is, these dreams aren't really controlled by anything other than me. If I wanted to make Red happy by allowing you to meet me, I'd have to get into your head for that to happen... no, wait, that sounds worse."

Back