Ancient Forest (1X1)

She nods a bit. "I've just never had a vision like this...I'm not sure killing is something he'll regret." She says honestly to him.

"Even more reason to try and stop him. Doesn't really help that he don't know who he'll try to kill, though... but I understand that's beyond your control."

She nods a little but was troubled. Why had she only seen the killer? It didn't make sense to her in the least. It was frustrating and gave her an uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach.

The girl rushed back downstairs to join them. "Is it almost done?!" The doll maker was a little startled at this but turned back to his desk. "I only just started stuffing it, it'll take some time to complete. And I might end up making two, just to be sure of what you like. Not to mention inspiration strikes hard and fast."

Sarah tilts her head a little bit as she looks to the dollmaker. "What are you making?" She asks curiously.

"I figured if I made a doll for her, it might keep her entertained for a while. It'll likely take some time to complete, and I hate to ask you two to watch over her when it's meant to be my job..." Red shrugged and smiled a little. "It's okay. At the very least, I can watch her."

Sarah nods a little. "We can watch her." She smiles gently though she really didn't know a thing about watching kids.

The girl heard this and ran up to Red and Sarah. Red started leading the girl back upstairs as the dollmaker thanked them both and turned back to his desk, presumably to keep working on the doll.

She watched the doll maker for a moment then headed upstairs with Red and the girl. She more just tagged along with them as she really wasn't sure what to do.

"So what are we going to do?" The girl was full of energy, now with something to look forward to.
Red tried to give off his usual elder brother vibe, but he wasn't used to kids this young. "Well, maybe we could play a little game? Not sure what kind though..." He looked over to Sarah in hopes she could help them come with a game or something to do.

Sarah blinked back at him. She really had no idea at all and when it came to kids, she was never sure. Biting her lip a bit then thinks carefully. "What about hide and seek?" She asks unsure of what else to suggest.

The girl squealed a little and clapped her hands at this. "That's perfect! Daddy and I practice hide and seek all the time! I wanna start by being the seeker, which means you two have to hide! I'll count to 20!" And with that she kneeled down into a ball with her hands over her head and started counting. Red was a little surprised at first, but he soon enough grabbed Sarah's hand and started pulling her away so they could find places to hide.

Sarah blinks a little but moved with Red as they tried to find a place to hide at. She had been surprised the girl even wanted to do it. It had been a complete guess at what game.

He soon enough stopped and looked around. When he spoke to her finally, he kept his voice low to make sure the kid wouldn't catch on to them. "I think it'd be best if we split up. Gives her a little more entertainment and with as excited as she seemed about this game, something tells me it might be safer. I know that sounds like a horror movie cliche but..." He ended his sentence with a shrug.

She arches a brow at him but nods. "Aright. Should be okay." She nods and moves to go in a different direction. It took her a bit but she managed to find some where to hide out of sight.

Red managed to find himself a hiding spot as well, and all was silent for a minute, apart from occasional giggles from the girl. Then suddenly, there was a loud scream from Red a couple rooms away. "Kid, chill out! What are you doing?!"

Sarah tensed when she heard Red. She moved from hiding and followed the sounds. Hesitantly she looked around trying to find where Red and the little girl was at.

When she did manage to find them, the girl seemed to be trying to grab at Red's pants but he kept backing away. "What are you doing?"
"This is how Daddy and I play! He says hide and seek is like training for when I grow up, so when I find him he lets me--"
"Okay, stop, I get it!" Red quickly cut her off.

Sarah was blushing now as she realized what was going on. Demons were so weird. Why would- she cut her own thoughts off quickly. "Guess you are it now...."

He stood up pinching the bridge of his nose as he took a deep breath. "I guess so... now that I think about it, the Dollmaker did say an incubus dropped her off. So I guess it makes sense she'd be used to... that."

Back