Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangiku's eye narrowed at Hector, noticeably annoyed. Most women don't like it when they're applied being old.

"I'm 0bvously am not."

Moving over towards Grell, Rangiku peered over Grell's shoulder, turning on the stovetop as Grell worked.

"Here you go! So, you two have been through this before? Huh? Makes you think how many of times this kind of stuff happen. And the odds of you both meeting back up at one? Small world, I guess."

Pausing , Rangiku turned to Grell. pulling her away from the stovetop.

"Let's just hope we don't cause a fire. You jacket is really cute, Grell, Right?"

@Yun Lee @Ver

Hector agreed clueless to the implications. "Yes, you obviously are not."

@Josh @Ver @Yun Lee

"...Right, Miss, I've got it!"

Like a soldier reporting to duty, Hazel put on a determined face and gave a quick salute, then chuckiling to herself at her (over)enthusiasm.

"A number on the lower sign...how big is it exactl-GAHHH, Holy crap!...Uh....thanks."

Now, asides from the (probably) fake 'magic' that Hazel's flamboyant friend constantly put on during one of his 'magic' shows, Hazel had never seen true magic until she came here. And sure, some people arguing about goodness knows what, and a book turning to ashes was extremely strange, but at least she knew SOME kind of explanation that stopped her from going insane. Like, nutjobs and matches existed after all...but this? Some abomination floating up some books, and talking to her as well? Nuh uh, that was too much strangeness for her. Putting her hand between the gaps of the books, where the wood would be, Hazel looked in amazement.

After a brief while of dopey staring and a wild thought train of wishing she had the power to lift up objects like that, Hazel refocused, and began carefully searching for a number at the bottom of the book spines. This was definitely something that she could do, given her keen eyes for detail.

"Maybe they are connected...but in this case, I would like to see something concrete, and not just conjecture. And Monika, that may be a good suggestion, since uh...some of these people are certainly skilled perhaps, and may help whoever's agenda. But what about you and me? As far as I can see, you're not skilled or anything, and not in a conscending way, no! But you look like a normal school girl, and I'm mostly normal as well. Why can't they have taken a more older, more skilled journalist, jeez, I hate staying other places for long..."

"Maybe, whoever brought us here, thinks it's all a game and is playing with us....or my own theory, the 'paranormal activity' here may have spirited us away to here."

@Jeremi @Yazzie @Others I guess​

Seeing them all stacked together neatly just showcased the scope and number of books that seemed to be gathered here. It was if a literal bookstore had been emptied of all its books. So far though Hazel didn't seem to find anything. Numbers certainly but nothing that would seem to indicate that they belonged to a set, at least by just investigating the spine.

@MelodyMeister @Yazzie

Hector agreed clueless to the implications. "Yes, you obviously are not."

@Josh @Ver @Yun Lee

Seeing them all stacked together neatly just showcased the scope and number of books that seemed to be gathered here. It was if a literal bookstore had been emptied of all its books. So far though Hazel didn't seem to find anything. Numbers certainly but nothing that would seem to indicate that they belonged to a set, at least by just investigating the spine.

@MelodyMeister @Yazzie

Serenity curiously opened one of the books Dear Lois had used telepathy on carefully (Serenity offhandedly wondered if she'd apply as a mage or simply a Caster) and looked at it, before skimming through it, while trying not to touch it too much in case it combusted or something of the like.

@Jeremi @MelodyMeister @Yazzie @Sark @Minerva @Alex Azure @Others

Maybe it was best to avoid all the chaos after all. Cassata scratched his head. "Actually, Hazel, his idea isn't too odd. Where I'm from, people can summon servants to their side. They want to fight but... not everyone always can." Unfortunately, he was one who could.
"But they can do different things. An organization is more than just it's warriors. You seem like you like to record things, right? Useful for analyzing information and keeping track of everything." What people were brought to do might not always seem clear, but he was a staunch believer that everything happened for a reason.

@Yazzie @MelodyMeister @Archmage Jeremiah

"It is, isn't it?" Grell glanced over at Serenity and sighed. "But I suppose I needed to be rather charitable to that little girl while out and about...oh well. I'll be sure to get it back from her once we're about to leave!"

@Josh @Ver

Serenity curiously opened one of the books Dear Lois had used telepathy on carefully (Serenity offhandedly wondered if she'd apply as a mage or simply a Caster) and looked at it, before skimming through it, while trying not to touch it too much in case it combusted or something of the like.

The book seemed safe enough to look through. This one seemed to be about witches and covens. There was something about a hex brew that could cure a bad back, but Serenity couldn't be quite sure where she'd get eye of newt at this time of night.

"Did you literally grab all the books from Ray's bookstore?" Janine asked Kylie as she inspected the impressive stash of books.

"Well not all of them, of course. There's some private books from the Ghostbusters collection too."

Shuichi had found himself rather too engrossed into the book he had picked up to pay much attention to the group's antics after he heard some of their initial introductions. The book in Latin proved too difficult for him to decipher to any satisfying degree so he had spent most of the last while sifting through other books in the hopes they would be a bit more comprehensible. His search proved to be a distracting one, for Shuichi found himself drawn more to how all of the books looked rather than their contents.

The supernatural, dark rituals, alien worlds, lost dimensions, monsters from the abyss...

A lot of it Shuichi had never thought much about before, let alone heard of. It was hard to wrap his head around it all. Was this really all a dream? There was still a buzzing in his head that just would not--

"O-Oh?"

Without even realizing, Shuichi had bumped right into someone else near the books. He stepped back quickly from her and mumbled a sorry. He could feel his face reddening as he looked away from her and the others with her, pulling down his cap so that they couldn't see his eyes. The girl and the other she was with just seemed to look like normal schoolgirls, which Shuichi appreciated amidst the sea of rather odd individuals. He believed he'd overheard the one girl say her name had been Monika...

"... Sorry, I guess I kind of got a little too focused there," he said, his voice a bit quiet.

@Jeremi @MelodyMeister @Yazzie @Bark

Shuichi had found himself rather too engrossed into the book he had picked up to pay much attention to the group's antics after he heard some of their initial introductions. The book in Latin proved too difficult for him to decipher to any satisfying degree so he had spent most of the last while sifting through other books in the hopes they would be a bit more comprehensible. His search proved to be a distracting one, for Shuichi found himself drawn more to how all of the books looked rather than their contents.

The supernatural, dark rituals, alien worlds, lost dimensions, monsters from the abyss...

A lot of it Shuichi had never thought much about before, let alone heard of. It was hard to wrap his head around it all. Was this really all a dream? There was still a buzzing in his head that just would not--

"O-Oh?"

Without even realizing, Shuichi had bumped right into someone else near the books. He stepped back quickly from her and mumbled a sorry. He could feel his face reddening as he looked away from her and the others with her, pulling down his cap so that they couldn't see his eyes. The girl and the other she was with just seemed to look like normal schoolgirls, which Shuichi appreciated amidst the sea of rather odd individuals. He believed he'd overheard the one girl say her name had been Monika...

"... Sorry, I guess I kind of got a little too focused there," he said, his voice a bit quiet.

@Jeremi @MelodyMeister @Yazzie @Bark

Monika had been about ready to ask Hazel if she needed help with the books when she felt someone bump into her. She stumbled a bit, before regaining her balance and turning to the newcomer. She took a moment to find the words she was looking for, but she finally decided to speak.

latest

" It's perfectly fine, no harm done." She paused a moment studying the young man in front of her. "I do not believe we formally met before, I'm Monika." Monika introduced herself, keeping a warm, friendly smile on her face, a sudden thought popped into her mind.

latest

"You know sweetie, if you just wanted to talk to me, all you had to do was ask....not that I mind a little physical contact." She finished, shooting Shuichi a coy wink

@Jeremi
@Archmage Jeremiah
@MelodyMeister
@everyone

Well this was annoying, nothing here indicated a set whatsoever! Guess she'll have to do something else, she just wanted to be right, and if the spines didn't show anything, she sure as hell wasn't going to give up until she examined everything. Hazel then, taking out a book on the shelf, began to search the cover and back for a number. Hazel took one book on one hand and then another on the other, and then if there wasn't a number or anything showing a set, she would put it back and take out another one.

While examing the books in her hand, Hazel yelled her reply over to Casseta, not bothering to stop and face him.

"I know that, even if I've never heard of servants getting summoned to fight so your anecdote doesn't really resonate with me. But why can whoever sent us here pick out, oh I don't know, some trained medic or some professional, not some amatuar student? Taking kids seem to be a bit mean. Also, sure, I'm pretty good with newspapers, but...I'm only really good at recording and obtaining infomation, not much more, really."

That was a lie. Hazel knew she did so much more then just interviewing people and recording it down. But really, could she get any sympathy if she said if she, oh, went through people's private belongings, or blackmailed them?

"More books? Right, can someone go look at the Ghostbusters collection books, then? Or at least get them here? Maybe the books are in that collection."

Hazel turned her head over to Monika, who she heard talking to someone. Hazel gave Monika a somewhat annoyed look, was she really busy flirting rather then helping her out? Then again, Hazel couldn't exactly blame her, Shuichi looked normal, and daresay, somewhat handsome.

"Monika? Once you guys are finished talking, can you come over and help me out here? This is a lot of books, and uh...I don't feel like being pretty much the sole responsiblity for these book numbers."
@Yazzie @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Bark

The book seemed safe enough to look through. This one seemed to be about witches and covens. There was something about a hex brew that could cure a bad back, but Serenity couldn't be quite sure where she'd get eye of newt at this time of night.

"Did you literally grab all the books from Ray's bookstore?" Janine asked Kylie as she inspected the impressive stash of books.

"Well not all of them, of course. There's some private books from the Ghostbusters collection too."

"This one is about witches and covens, but nothing hinting to what could've brought us here..." Serenity spoke up, before moving onto the next book.

Ignoring as Monika flirted with one of the boys in their group, Serenity skimmed for anything important in the book she held (as well as anything on a possible cult somewhere), though addressed Dear Lois as she did so.

"Your powers, are they all related to the mind?" She questioned curiously.

@Jeremi @Minerva @Alex Azure @Others

Chapter 1 - Disconnected

Hazel was right. Even with everyone working together going through all the books would take all night. Instead Janine let out a whistle to get everyone's attention. "Guys it's almost 3am. For everyone's sanity I'm calling it a night. We'll have a better chance of making any sense out of all of this with some shut eye. If you follow me I'll show you where you can sleep." She motioned them to follow only for Dear Lois to speak up.

"You don't have to worry about me, Janine,"
She replied as the books began to float around her. "I have no need for sleep, so perhaps I will put my investigative reporter skills to the test and find something we can use."

Janine wasn't going to argue with a woman whose entire body was a brain. She should have the smarts to know what was best for her. Leading the others up the stairs the group entered into a kitchen area that seemed far better stocked than the makeshift one with the old stove downstairs. In the corner was a few old arcade cabinets that were probably used for recreational purposes when the Ghostbusters weren't working. In front of them was a table with a white board attached to the wall.

There seemed to also be a laboratory attached to the other side, but Janine lead them past the firemen pole to a smaller room with four beds in them. "First come first served for those. This ain't the Ritz but we'll try to at least find you guys some blankets and stuff."

Soon enough most of them were situated around the upper floor where they felt it was best, with the hard wood floor keeping them company. Even so the situation they were in had left the group drained and they one by one fell to sleep. You didn't know how long you'd been asleep but most of you woke to a shout. "Everyone, get down here now!"

Recognizing the voice as Hector's people started to make their way down the stairs back to the first floor. That smell...had someone started up on breakfast? Among the cascade of books scattered around the floor laid, what you assume were the remains of Dear Lois. For what the group found was Hector standing next to a large chunk of charred flesh.

It seemed like the situation had suddenly gone from bad to worse.

Cast list:

@Archmage Jeremiah as Akira Kurusu
@Bark as Cassata
@Ver as Ethan Chandler
@Yun Lee as Grell Sutcliff
@Takumi as Hassan of Serenity
@MelodyMeister as Hazel Halfpenny
@Crow as Jack the Ripper
@dark as Lt. John Dunbar
@Minerva as Li-Ming
@Ottonomous Ghost as Lucian
@Gwazi Magnum as Marcus Cole
@Yazzie as Monika
@Alex Azure as Mysterious Heroine X Alter
@Gummi Bunnies as Penelope Dormi
@Atomic Knight as Shuichi Saihara
@Lucky as Theo Raeken
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as ZAC​

Chapter 1 - Disconnected

Hazel was right. Even with everyone working together going through all the books would take all night. Instead Janine let out a whistle to get everyone's attention. "Guys it's almost 3am. For everyone's sanity I'm calling it a night. We'll have a better chance of making any sense out of all of this with some shut eye. If you follow me I'll show you where you can sleep." She motioned them to follow only for Dear Lois to speak up.

She replied as the books began to float around her. "I have no need for sleep, so perhaps I will put my investigative reporter skills to the test and find something we can use."

Janine wasn't going to argue with a woman whose entire body was a brain. She should have the smarts to know what was best for her. Leading the others up the stairs the group entered into a kitchen area that seemed far better stocked than the makeshift one with the old stove downstairs. In the corner was a few old arcade cabinets that were probably used for recreational purposes when the Ghostbusters weren't working. In front of them was a table with a white board attached to the wall.

There seemed to also be a laboratory attached to the other side, but Janine lead them past the firemen pole to a smaller room with four beds in them. "First come first served for those. This ain't the Ritz but we'll try to at least find you guys some blankets and stuff."

Soon enough most of them were situated around the upper floor where they felt it was best, with the hard wood floor keeping them company. Even so the situation they were in had left the group drained and they one by one fell to sleep. You didn't know how long you'd been asleep but most of you woke to a shout. "Everyone, get down here now!"

Recognizing the voice as Hector's people started to make their way down the stairs back to the first floor. That smell...had someone started up on breakfast? Among the cascade of books scattered around the floor laid, what you assume were the remains of Dear Lois. For what the group found was Hector standing next to a large chunk of charred flesh.

Cast list:

@Bark as Cassata
@Ver as Ethan Chandler
@Crow as Jack the Ripper
@dark as Lt. John Dunbar
@Minerva as Li-Ming
@Yazzie as Monika
@Lucky as Theo Raeken
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as ZAC​

Serenity stared down at Dear Lois' remains quietly with a furrowed brow in thought. The most likely solution to her was that someone in their group used magic. Who it was would have to be found out.

"Who all possess fire abilities in the group in total?" She asked simply as she carefully looked for any clues among the books and the body, as if for any mistakes the killer might have made. Whoever did this was obviously a threat to the group, which meant they wouldn't be able to go home unless said threat was dealt with.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Alex Azure @Atomic Knight @Crow @Minerva @Everyone

What had started out as a rather pleasant experience was now rather distressful. Not again...if this turned out to be like the dream, then that meant they were in danger! Meaning she was in danger! Meaning-

Wait a minute. Things were different this time! "Hold on!" She held up her hand as Serenity started examining the corpse. "How do we know it was one of us? Maybe it was an accident?" Grell produced her death scythe. "I don't know how long she's been dead for, but perhaps I can try and view her cinematic record! If I can, we'll know what happened!"

@Jeremi @Takumi @Ver @Josh @Everyone​

Chapter 1 - Disconnected

Cast list:

@Bark as Cassata
@Ver as Ethan Chandler
@Crow as Jack the Ripper
@dark as Lt. John Dunbar
@Minerva as Li-Ming
@Yazzie as Monika
@Lucky as Theo Raeken
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as ZAC​
Serenity stared down at Dear Lois' remains quietly with a furrowed brow in thought. The most likely solution to her was that someone in their group used magic. Who it was would have to be found out.

"Who all possess fire abilities in the group in total?" She asked simply as she carefully looked for any clues among the books and the body, as if for any mistakes the killer might have made. Whoever did this was obviously a threat to the group, which meant they wouldn't be able to go home unless said threat was dealt with.

Although sleep wasn't necessary for Servants, Alter found herself nodding off. Perhaps it would be good save her strength. After a peaceful rest, she woke suddenly and headed downstairs almost as quickly as Serenity did.

She knelt down next to the charred remains and observed what was left of Dear Lois. Then she looked up at Hector and asked sternly, "Did anyone enter or leave the building since we went to sleep? Or does the killer have to be among us?"
What had started out as a rather pleasant experience was now rather distressful. Not again...if this turned out to be like the dream, then that meant they were in danger! Meaning she was in danger! Meaning-

Wait a minute. Things were different this time! "Hold on!" She held up her hand as Serenity started examining the corpse. "How do we know it was one of us? Maybe it was an accident?" Grell produced her death scythe. "I don't know how long she's been dead for, but perhaps I can try and view her cinematic record! If I can, we'll know what happened!"

"Her 'Cinematic Record'? Wouldn't if be easier to check security footage, if any such cameras are in this building?"

@Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Minerva @Everyone​

Shuichi felt grateful immediately upon hearing Monika take the embarrassing moment so well. He turned his head to face her and smile. "I'm... Shuichi Saihara. It's a pleasure to meet you." It was the first time since waking up here he felt one of these people was giving him a moment of their time. It was not often he felt so sidelined in a dream... assuming, of course, that this truly was one.

However, once Monika went and called him 'sweetie,' a silent gasp left Shuichi. He blinked at the girl, wondering if he'd heard her correctly, but once she mentioned not minding the physical contact, he found himself feeling out of place all over again. He wasn't terribly use to girls giving him that kind of attention. Clearing his throat, he tried to think of a proper response.

1MQhMfs.png

"Oh, is that so...?"

Thankfully (or perhaps not so thankfully) Shuichi was spared from further embarrassment by a sudden bout of chaos. He rushed to follow the others to where the commotion was where the smell hit him like a wall. It was a burning smell, but something about it was distinctly off. Shuichi felt a shiver run down his spine. The others seemed to be assuming this was a murder, and as Chukchi stared at the scene longer, he started to come to that conclusion himself. Had it been that strange-looking woman...?

"Why..." The boy closed his eyes and shook his head. "Was this the work of one of the ghosts?"

@Jeremi @MelodyMeister @Yazzie @Takumi @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Investigation

"I don't know, but it doesnt hurt to check. Even if it was an accident, something would be different, right? As in, the source of said accident would be much more clear to see." Serenity explained, though a thought did cross her mind. "Maybe whatever caused that book to catch on fire last night also got to her?"

Although sleep wasn't necessary for Servants, Alter found herself nodding off. Perhaps it would be good save her strength. After a peaceful rest, she woke suddenly and headed downstairs almost as quickly as Serenity did.

She knelt down next to the charred remains and observed what was left of Dear Lois. Then she looked up at Hector and asked sternly, "Did anyone enter or leave the building since we went to sleep? Or does the killer have to be among us?"

"Her 'Cinematic Record'? Wouldn't if be easier to check security footage, if any such cameras are in this building?"

"If someone entered or left...wouldn't one of us have heard it at least?" Serenity questioned with a tilt of her head. "Unless they knew to keep quiet and how to catch someone off guard...hm." She wasn't quite sure what to make of it all, but kept looking for any clues regardless.

Shuichi felt grateful immediately upon hearing Monika take the embarrassing moment so well. He turned his head to face her and smile. "I'm... Shuichi Saihara. It's a pleasure to meet you." It was the first time since waking up here he felt one of these people was giving him a moment of their time. It was not often he felt so sidelined in a dream... assuming, of course, that this truly was one.

However, once Monika went and called him 'sweetie,' a silent gasp left Shuichi. He blinked at the girl, wondering if he'd heard her correctly, but once she mentioned not minding the physical contact, he found himself feeling out of place all over again. He wasn't terribly use to girls giving him that kind of attention. Clearing his throat, he tried to think of a proper response.

1MQhMfs.png

"Oh, is that so...?"

Thankfully (or perhaps not so thankfully) Shuichi was spared from further embarrassment by a sudden bout of chaos. He rushed to follow the others to where the commotion was where the smell hit him like a wall. It was a burning smell, but something about it was distinctly off. Shuichi felt a shiver run down his spine. The others seemed to be assuming this was a murder, and as Chukchi stared at the scene longer, he started to come to that conclusion himself. Had it been that strange-looking woman...?

"Why..." The boy closed his eyes and shook his head. "Was this the work of one of the ghosts?"

"...Can ghosts turn people into charred remains?" Serenity pondered, as if someone could answer her legitimate question, though sighed softly afterwards and crossed her arms. "I guess that questions goes to those native to this place."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Crow @Ver @Alex Azure @Atomic Knight @Minerva @Others

"I do," Hector replied as he turned to face Serenity. "Or I should rather say one of my innocent devils have the power to do so."

"If you believe it can help," Hector said to Grell, not quite sure what she meant by it. "Anything might prove useful to try and figure out what happened here."

There wasn't much left on the body. It seemed that whatever it was strong flames had enveloped her. Alter could also see that the area around her seemed to be untouched.

To her second question it was Janine who responded. "Don't think you'll have to worry about that." Janine barely managed to push the door open to reveal massive amount of snow on the ground and still falling. The snow was falling so hard you could barely see anything in front of you.

"Looks like we're snowed in," Janine said with a defeated tone as she closed the door again.

1MQhMfs.png

"Oh, is that so...?"

"It could've been," Kylie came down from the second floor holding a similar device that they group had seen Egon using when they met. "I'm detecting a lot of activity." Pointing the P.K.E meter at the remains made it light up. "This looks like the job of a ghost. Or at least some sort of paranormal activity."

"I don't know, but it doesnt hurt to check. Even if it was an accident, something would be different, right? As in, the source of said accident would be much more clear to see." Serenity explained, though a thought did cross her mind. "Maybe whatever caused that book to catch on fire last night also got to her?"

"If someone entered or left...wouldn't one of us have heard it at least?" Serenity questioned with a tilt of her head. "Unless they knew to keep quiet and how to catch someone off guard...hm." She wasn't quite sure what to make of it all, but kept looking for any clues regardless.

"...Can ghosts turn people into charred remains?" Serenity pondered, as if someone could answer her legitimate question, though sighed softly afterwards and crossed her arms. "I guess that questions goes to those native to this place."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Crow @Ver @Alex Azure @Atomic Knight @Minerva @Others

"Ghosts can do a lot of things," Janine replied coming up closer to inspect the body. "But why would they do that to Lois?"

@Atomic Knight @MelodyMeister @Yazzie @Takumi @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Investigation

Grell nodded, and revved up the scythe. She then sliced Dear Lois' remains with it, and, if successful, her cinematic record, looking like a film reel, would appear.

@Jeremi @Ver @Alex Azure @Atomic Knight @Takumi

And so it did, the film reel erupted from the charred remains showcasing Dear Lois' life. Considering how she had already told them all about her history none of this was new information. Until it got to last night.

After the others went to bed it seemed like she had worked vigorously to try and find something, and the look on her face when she found two red bound book with numbers on the spine it seemed like she had hit the jackpot.

It was here where the movie got even more exciting. A silhouette emerged behind her, on the reel it was nothing but a shadow. Surprisingly Lois didn't seem to react at all and suddenly the reel itself erupted in flames and turned to ash. "I assume it wasn't supposed to do that?" Janine asked Grell.

If nothing else it seemed to reveal a clue. It seemed like Dear Lois had found two books that caught her interest. Where they still around somewhere?

@Yun Lee @Ver @Alex Azure @Atomic Knight @Takumi

Chapter 1 - Disconnected

Cast list:

@Bark as Cassata
@Ver as Ethan Chandler
@Crow as Jack the Ripper
@dark as Lt. John Dunbar
@Minerva as Li-Ming
@Yazzie as Monika
@Lucky as Theo Raeken
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as ZAC​

Monika rushed downstairs to find a truly gruesome sight. What remained of Dear Lois was laying in a pile, while Hector seemed himself seemed to be injured quite a bit, Monika made her way over to the group hoping to avoid anymore glances at Dear Lois's corpse

"Are you alright? You look like you could use some medical attention, I could try a find a first aid kit if you want." Monika said to Hector

@Takumi
@Yun Lee
@MelodyMeister
@Archmage Jeremiah
@Bark

"Yipe!" Grell jumped back as the reel burst into flames. "That's the first time I've seen anything of that nature! Either cinematic records don't work the way they do back home..." She narrowed her eyes, looking around the group. "Or someone set them ablaze before we saw anything else! But there are two books she found: red, with numbers. Perhaps if we find them, they may tell us more?"

@Jeremi @Ver @Josh @Atomic Knight @Takumi @Alex Azure @Yazzie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back