Status
Not open for further replies.
"No she started by making coffee," Janine replied. "Can't say I remember who drank it though."

"As far as powers, I've mentioned what I can do,"
Hector chimed in. "I do wonder if one of us is possessed how long the entity will decide to entertain us with this little game of finding a murderer in our midst?"

@Takumi @MelodyMeister @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Minerva @Crow @Ver @Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Others
"Well, a ghost might be different your average Zaunite crook, but they probably won't pull anything until we start movin' on. Trying to escape the scene jus' confirms they're the one, right?" Zac concurred with Hector as he raised a slimy hand to his chin (or lacktherof), rubbing it pensively.

"All I know is that I'm not lettin' anybody go anywhere until we catch this thing."
“I’m more privy to tea myself. Nice green tea with the finest leaves, cured using magic... oh, I’m going off on a tangent. Only one person in our midst has admitted to liking this... ‘coffee.’” she said using air quotes. She stuck out her finger towards Ethan.

“However, assuming he has no magical power, then that means that this was a Frame Job on either me or him. Is there anyone else here that likes coffee AND has the ability to create fire?”​

The slime-man's yellow gaze drifted to Li-Ming. She was the primary suspect for most of the people in this room, but now she's deflecting everyone to Ethan? The guy certainly looked like he had a taste for beans being ground into liquid form, but what could he do that could create a fire?

Zac slumped his mass against a nearby wall, 'crossing' his arms, which somehow managed to avoid merging together. "I'm late to the party, so correct me if I'm wrong, but does this fire have to be... magical? I dunno anything about magic, hextech or that stuff, but it ain't hard to torch someone with the right tools and skills."

Zac looked at Ethan in particular. "Not making any accusations here, bud, but you've gone after some weird things in your time, right? Would it be weird if I said you knew how to torch up a body if it was a vampire or something?"

@Takumi @MelodyMeister @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Minerva @Crow @Ver @Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Others​

"How DARE you?!" Grell stepped in front of Ethan defensively, glaring at Li Ming much more venomously now. "I already said that coffee note was a red herring! Only an idiot would leave a note like that if he were the one to do the deed, so not only are you accusing Ethan of murder, you're calling him stupid!"

To Zac she was a bit less hostile. "And the reason the fire is most likely magic," Grell said, "is because only Dear Lois got burned up, and only the pages got burned up! There's no other sort of charring anywhere in the room." She pointed at Li-Ming again. "This hussy is just pointing fingers at anyone she can despite the fact she's the most suspicious one here!"

@Minerva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Lucky @Ver @Jeremi

Theo Raeken

" Grell, I don't believe she is accusing him, as much as saying that someone wants to frame him for the murder with the note. Though, wait... you may be on to something.Has the note not been burned up yet? It may be possible to compare Li Ming's handwriting to that of the note or even tell if it was a man or woman who wrote it."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Minerva

"How DARE you?!" Grell stepped in front of Ethan defensively, glaring at Li Ming much more venomously now. "I already said that coffee note was a red herring! Only an idiot would leave a note like that if he were the one to do the deed, so not only are you accusing Ethan of murder, you're calling him stupid!"

To Zac she was a bit less hostile. "And the reason the fire is most likely magic," Grell said, "is because only Dear Lois got burned up, and only the pages got burned up! There's no other sort of charring anywhere in the room." She pointed at Li-Ming again. "This hussy is just pointing fingers at anyone she can despite the fact she's the most suspicious one here!"

"First of all, I never accused him." Li-Ming said in a calm tone. "I only pointed out how he was the only one that we know of who partook of the coffee." She continued. "As I stated, most spells I have related to fire would have caused notable collateral damage, and you are free to check my spellbook." She held out the book in her right hand and placed it on the table.

"Second of all, I was wondering if there was someone we know has magic power and likes coffee, even if they didn't partake."​

"...hpmh!" Grell crossed her arms, refusing to admit she didn't hear anything Li-Ming had said after pointing at Ethan. Instead, she scrounged around for a piece of paper and writing utensil. "All right! Everybody write 'Thanks for the coffee' here so we can test Theo's theory! Even if someone was possessed, it wouldn't change thrir penmanship that drastically, right?"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Minerva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Everyone​

"...hpmh!" Grell crossed her arms, refusing to admit she didn't hear anything Li-Ming had said after pointing at Ethan. Instead, she scrounged around for a piece of paper and writing utensil. "All right! Everybody write 'Thanks for the coffee' here so we can test Theo's theory! Even if someone was possessed, it wouldn't change thrir penmanship that drastically, right?"

Zac nodded along with Grell's explanation, his surface membrane bristling slightly as she exuded an abrupt spike of anger. After the 'condition' Zac just described, Grell's mood swings might not be good for his health. Still, she had a point. The humble ooze silently lumbered over to where she placed the pen and paper and, with a deadpan scowl, tried to write 'Thanks for the coffee'.

The paper was now covered in unintelligible scribbles. And some slime.

"... Am I in the clear?"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Minerva @Yun Lee @Ver @Everyone​

Theo Raeken

Theo paused and wondered something. If nobody had food yet... and there was fire involved. He walked over to the stove to check to see how it felt and if it looked burned. If it hadn't been used since last night, it should be cold. But if the ghost had manipulated fire and not used a spell, it was one of the potential sources.

@Jeremi

There did not seem to be anything special about the stove. The ceramic plates felt cool to the touch and the only burns Theo could see was from regular use.

Zac nodded along with Grell's explanation, his surface membrane bristling slightly as she exuded an abrupt spike of anger. After the 'condition' Zac just described, Grell's mood swings might not be good for his health. Still, she had a point. The humble ooze silently lumbered over to where she placed the pen and paper and, with a deadpan scowl, tried to write 'Thanks for the coffee'.

"... Am I in the clear?"

"Yes thank you, Zac."
Hector came up next and being slightly mesmerized by the pen and how it was used, it didn't take long for him to write what it said on the note in impressive cursive that was clearly not a match to the original note written in the book. "Though I have to wonder..." Hector replied laying the pen back on the table. "If one of us really is possessed by what was once a man. Would this entity not write as it did in life rather than the person who is currently being possessed?"

@Takumi @MelodyMeister @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Minerva @Crow @Ver @Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Others

"... Am I in the clear?"

There did not seem to be anything special about the stove. The ceramic plates felt cool to the touch and the only burns Theo could see was from regular use.

"Yes thank you, Zac."
Hector came up next and being slightly mesmerized by the pen and how it was used, it didn't take long for him to write what it said on the note in impressive cursive that was clearly not a match to the original note written in the book. "Though I have to wonder..." Hector replied laying the pen back on the table. "If one of us really is possessed by what was once a man. Would this entity not write as it did in life rather than the person who is currently being possessed?"

Serenity remained quiet as the others spoke, then tilted her head at this curiously. She leaned a bit towards Zac, studying him for a moment. She honestly wanted to poke him, but if he somehow died from touching her-like all living things tended to do-then she was sure that it wouldn't end well for her.

Then again, he was an odd being...her attention was taken by Grell finding a piece of paper and pen and someone said something about comparing the hand writing to the note.

"Is that possible?" She asked Hector, she didn't go to write anything, at least not until the others did so first.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ottonomous Ghost @Minerva @Alex Azure @Others

Serenity remained quiet as the others spoke, then tilted her head at this curiously. She leaned a bit towards Zac, studying him for a moment. She honestly wanted to poke him, but if he somehow died from touching her-like all living things tended to do-then she was sure that it wouldn't end well for her.

Then again, he was an odd being...her attention was taken by Grell finding a piece of paper and pen and someone said something about comparing the hand writing to the note.

"Is that possible?" She asked Hector, she didn't go to write anything, at least not until the others did so first.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ottonomous Ghost @Minerva @Alex Azure @Others

"It could be," Kylie chimed in. "Especially if they want to keep a low profile,"

Hazel issued a hiss-like 'shush' to Grell, although no one probably heard her. Ming-Li was the most suspicious, sure, but geez, did that woman really have to broadcast that so badly? Really...Hazel herself wasn't as certain that it was Ming-Li, and she sure as well wasn't that certain to become a banshee like that woman. It was just that Ming-Li was the most likely one to do it IF there was no ghost. But Ming-Li's guess that maybe the ghost or person liked coffee and had fire powers were probably solid.

"Right, maybe your spellbook has spells that won't have any fire spells, but since you're so skilled, it probably isn't hard to pick up a new thing from another book, right? Or is that not how magic works?"

Taking a look at Ming Li's book, and flipping through the pages, Hazel indeed, didn't see anything that could uhh, not set fire to everything else in the building. Dang. Had to rely on the fact that maybe Ming-Li could learn new spells, or if magic was like, exclusive. If it was exclusive....

That was a problem. Hazel, in her empty-headed shock, put a big question mark on Ming Li's name, and scribbled down the fact that either the ghost or the murderer liked coffee, could write, and had fire powers. Ming Li didn't even know what coffee WAS (Seriously!?), so that opened a very big possiblity that it wasn't her. Flipping through her notebook, Hazel found some useless school notes from a week ago, and ripped it out.

The handwriting, while somewhat similar, was definitely not the same as the one on the note, and to forge the handwriting was impossible due to the subtle differences in the handwriting.

"Right, really, I think that while Ming-Li's the most likely one to do it, I think that, if she was possessed, then the ghost is taking a far too large a risk, to accuse herself. Refuge in audacity, sure, but it sure isn't working. But...if it isn't her, then it might be a problem. You see, it is possible that the person possessed can do none of the things that count as clues. Perhaps it is the GHOST who likes coffee, can do fire magic, and has that handwriting. Perhaps the person possessed doesn't like coffee or even have any magic stuff."

Hazel really hoped it wasn't that, really.
@Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee @Everyone​

Grell threw her hands up irritably. "Ugh! This whole ghost thing is throwing us all off! I don't feel like wasting any of that slime until we know for sure who did it! I mean it's not like that thing will kill anyone else..."

...right?

@Jeremi @Everyone​

"So she never saw it coming..." Jack ponders. "Well, we're not too good with detective work."

Jack then turns towards a familiar face.

"Oh, it's you," she says as she faces the one known as Simon, "we didn't notice you for the whole of yesterday."

@York
"We'd need a certified exorcist for that, can't say anyone here has that knowledge," Janine replied to Monika. "Unless you are certified by the church?"

"Yeah, we don't have to kill the one being possessed if we find them," Kylie chimed in still trying to figure out how they could actually find the ghost if someone in the group actually was possessed.

As far as the fire talk was concerned Hector decided to echo his previous statement. "As mentioned one of my familiars has the power to produce flame, but I'm afraid it would leave a far worse mess then what we have here in front of us."

Hector nodded. "The note would imply some familiarity, but the point remains that the culprit knew about the beverage in form or another...the significance to that I however I wont dare to speculate."

"Really depends on the ghost," Kylie replied back to Hazel. "If we think there's something here possessing people and there's actual intent behind it then we might be talking about a Class 4. A Class 4 has a human form and personality with known identity." She held up up one of the red tomes. "If these are any indication then whoever this ghost is is connected to what's going on here, but that's all that we know. Or think we know right now."

@Atomic Knight @Takumi @Yazzie @Lucky @Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Alex Azure @Josh @MelodyMeister @York
Jotting down notes, Hazel mumbled "mmkay's and 'thanks' over to Kylie, but her face was straight down, frowning. While sure, it could have been a ghost, especially a "class 4" on, there was nothing to say that it was more likely to be a ghost than a human. The only things that were certain was that the brain thing was killed by supernatural fire (Basic arson results in charred surrounding.), that the...killer knew about the coffee and knew how to write about it, and that Lois had been killed either as a grudge, or more likely, because of what she read. The clues were shaky enough for a human, and fell apart completely at a ghost. After all...wouldn't the "Ghostbusters", professionals of this ghost stuff, be able to detect where a ghost is easily? Given the weird paranormal detector.

Starting a new page on her notes, Hazel turned her attention to the theory that it was yes, a fire user, not just some random guy who got possessed by a pyromanic ghost. The pool of...suspects was smaller. Suspects? Killer? Man, Hazel was not suited for this kind of stuff, she still couldn't believe this happened. She read through her freshly written notes.

"Two Three people have fire pwrs. (Add more if there's more people)
Hector (Fire powers are more messier?)
Kei (Fire sword. Said would char remains to nothing)
Furia (Has a sword? Might have fire powers?)"

Turning to Jack, Hazel voiced out her suggestion out loud.

"Obviously not! The fire can come from some book or magical lighter for all we know. But since there's a fire sword thingy here, we should check her sword as well! But really, anyone who can do magic can do this, if they can do some...fire thingy. Which means there's probably someone else hiding their fire powers..."

Ugghhhh, Hazel didn't know this magic stuff, so really, she didn't know the specifics of this stuff! But there was something on her mind...she turned to the confirmed fire people.

"Hey. You all said your fire powers wouldn't end up with this scene. Right, Prove it. How can we be so sure that you aren't lying otherwise?"

She directed this at Hector and Kei especially. But she was glancing at Furia, and anyone who looked magic-y, in fact.
@Jeremi @Kaykay @Everyone Else​
"Corpse... corpse... body... body parts... heart... ah!"

Jack took the the boxes of cheese pizza out of the fridge.

"If utilising your abilities on a target
is neccesary, food items should yield the most accurate results without the need for more casualty. Us of all people should know."

@MelodyMeister @Kaykay @Jeremi
"Who?" Janine asked looking over to where Grell had nodded. True enough when Grell looked again Furia was no where to be seen, like she had never been there at all.

"If they are possessed tying someone up won't be...oh. Oh! I got it!" Kylie dropped everything she was doing and dashed towards the stairs leading to the second floor before vanishing upstairs.

"I wouldn't wish to cause any damage to this building..." Instead he dared the outside forcing open the smaller door to the city revealing to the group that the blizzard was still raging on. Once he got out Hector started a chant in some unknown language as the ground around him lit up in magic. As he finished another being appeared behind him in the snow.

latest

A hulking behemoth of a creature created of rock and stone with its body flowing with magma even causing the snow around Hector and his creation to melt due to the heat it was emitting. "Would you say this creature has a way to easy to hide its action, miss?" He asked directly to Hazel.​

@Ver @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @Crow @Gwazi Magnum @MelodyMeister @York @Atomic Knight @Yazzie @Everybody
Hazel stared at Jack, giving him a stare that just showed that Hazel thought that the man was being a complete fool who she was better than. Boxes of food? Really? How wasteful! Where she lived, that was a person's entire meal for the day! Hazel was about to rip a piece of paper from her page and hand it over to burn instead, to stop Jack from wasting food she hasn't even eaten yet. But Hector simply directed her outside, to show her his fire powers. Well...she supposed that was a good thing? Might suck if he ended up setting fire to the building or suffocate everyone with smoke. Following Hector outside, Hazel wrapped the muffler around her neck even more tightly, and hugged her notes in a cradle of hands/muffler.

"Oh my GOODNESS!"

Hazel stared in awe at the chant, and then, at the lava creature. The...thing shouldn't be able to be summoned with some words like that, nor should any thing be able to survive lava, much less, be made out of it. So, this was magic. Terrifying. Hazel stared at Hector in amazement, and then fear. What other...things could he summon? Hazel was tempted to slam the door on Hector, and indeed, her hand slowly began to close the door. But she decided against it, and let go. Would a door really be able to stop a lava thingy, after all? Hazel took out her notebook, and rapidly crossed Hector's name out, leaving one person that could have done it without being possessed. Hazel would understand if Kei didn't want to demonstrate now.

"N-no, of course it wouldn't be able to char that brain thing without colla...(Obviously had no idea how to pronounce collateral)...extra damage. You're not the culprit then, so-sorry for being so quick to judge!"

Leaving the door open, Hazel turned around and listened to the group. That ghostbuster woman brought out a...slime gun of some sort. Apparently...It de-possessed people or at least detected possession? Huh, strange thing. She wouldn't want to be splurged with slime, yikes. Would be fun to see someone get slimed, just as long that someone wasn't her. And as long as the slime didn't come from that slime monster. That thing looked nasty.

Looks like it was time to point fingers and hope it's the killer getting slimed then.
@Jeremi @Kaykay
"I may not be a mage in the typical sense." Hector gracefully handed out his hand to Grell to look through the book. "But I am quite well read and understand them from a practical stand point."

Looking through the content he'd nod to himself and get a worried look on his face. "A potent spell and much like the book implies this is of no use for a novice spell maker. The gist of it is that with this spell one can create an area where no sound and escape, no matter the sound."

Hector closed the book. "Something like this could explain why none of us heard Dear Lois' death happen. Even if it happened fast, a woman being burned alive is something one would hear."

@Yun Lee. @Everyone
"No she started by making coffee," Janine replied. "Can't say I remember who drank it though."

"As far as powers, I've mentioned what I can do,"
Hector chimed in. "I do wonder if one of us is possessed how long the entity will decide to entertain us with this little game of finding a murderer in our midst?"

Simon Henriksson
@Takumi @MelodyMeister @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Minerva @Crow @Ver @Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi
@Others

Simon was a little caught offguard by Jack's sudden greeting, but eventually he managed a shakey smile as he nodded.

"S-... Sorry about that. I wasn't feeling very well yesterday..." He murmured.

In an effort not to come off as too unfriendly or distant, he rubbed the back of his neck as he spoke, remembering what she had mentioned the previous few times they had met.

"Have you found your... Mother yet?" He asked.

Well, perhaps that wasn't the best question to pose... And regardless of the answer, he found his eyes drifting over to those tomes sooner or later, seeing as others were looking through them for any clues as to who might have been the killer. Frowning as he examined what was listed right before and after the torn pages.

From what he could gather, there were some spells in at least one of the tomes that proved to be usefull in both burning someone up, and potentially masking the deed as it was being performed. However, what was missing was how the killer might have concealed their presense...

Perhaps the answers to that lay within the pages that had been incinerated.​

Chapter 2 - Dial Tone

While there hadn't been many who had spoken up, Kylie decided to point the Slime Blower towards Li-Ming. "Sorry." Firing the Slime Blower it didn't take long before the sorcerer was covered head to toe in pink slime. Despite that she seemed to be in a positive mood. It seemed though that it had been a dud. Only three charges left in the tank now.

Meanwhile as this was going on Simon leaned down to investigate the book the entire room was swept into a dark veil. None of them could see anything as they struggled to try and find any sort of light source. Despite the darkness and the sudden panic some of them felt something fly past them as they heard a groan and a loud thud.

As on cue the veil lifted and everyone could see once more. And what a sight it was.

Pinned to the wall by a lead pipe was Akira Kurusu. It seemed to have pierced his heart and killed him instantly.

At the same time the group might have seen that Ethan Chandler was acting a bit confused and dazed. That could because he remembered something horrific from last night. His body had been the vessel that killed Dear Lois.

Cast list:

@Bark as Cassata
@Ver as Ethan Chandler
@Yun Lee as Grell Sutcliff
@Takumi as Hassan of Serenity
@MelodyMeister as Hazel Halfpenny
@Crow as Jack the Ripper
@dark as Lt. John Dunbar
@Minerva as Li-Ming
@Ottonomous Ghost as Lucian
@Gwazi Magnum as Marcus Cole
@Yazzie as Monika
@Alex Azure as Mysterious Heroine X Alter
@Gummi Bunnies as Penelope Dormi
@Atomic Knight as Shuichi Saihara
@Lucky as Theo Raeken
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as ZAC​

Theo Raeken

Theo watched as Li Ming was slimed and he looked over and saw that no ghost has appeared. " I think our ghost friend just hopped bodies and then killed another in their new body. It seems we are now down two. I'm also assuming that Ethan knows something and was used as the vessel. I have seen that look before, I had it when I came back from hell and was freed," he said, going over to examine if there was anything else near Akira's corpse.

@Ver @Jeremi @Everyone

Chapter 2 - Dial Tone

While there hadn't been many who had spoken up, Kylie decided to point the Slime Blower towards Li-Ming. "Sorry." Firing the Slime Blower it didn't take long before the sorcerer was covered head to toe in pink slime. Despite that she seemed to be in a positive mood. It seemed though that it had been a dud. Only three charges left in the tank now.

Meanwhile as this was going on Simon leaned down to investigate the book the entire room was swept into a dark veil. None of them could see anything as they struggled to try and find any sort of light source. Despite the darkness and the sudden panic some of them felt something fly past them as they heard a groan and a loud thud.

As on cue the veil lifted and everyone could see once more. And what a sight it was.

Pinned to the wall by a lead pipe was Akira Kurusu. It seemed to have pierced his heart and killed him instantly.

At the same time the group might have seen that Ethan Chandler was acting a bit confused and dazed. That could because he remembered something horrific from last night. His body had been the vessel that killed Dear Lois.

Cast list:

@Bark as Cassata
@Ver as Ethan Chandler
@Crow as Jack the Ripper
@dark as Lt. John Dunbar
@Minerva as Li-Ming
@Yazzie as Monika
@Lucky as Theo Raeken
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as ZAC​
Monika had remained mostly silent for a while, taking in all of this new information. She was about to speak when she noticed Akira's body on the pipe, the sight itself was quite revolting,Monika herself trying her hardest not to vomit. She took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, calming herself. She took a step closer and started examining the body

@anyone

tumblr-inline-o0vlvo-Pcyt1rxsf53-100.png

"Ghngh...!"

Ethan let out a sound as though he were gagging, hunched over. Indeed, the man was hard at work resisting the urge to vomit right there, not just at the sight of Akira's corpse but also at the grim realization that he was the one who killed Dear Lois, albeit under the influence of a malicious spirit, but it was still his hands that did the deed.

A mixture of remorse and anger clashed inside his soul, mentally incapacitating him for a moment until he was eventually able to gather his bearings, at least enough that he could speak again.

"F-Fucking hell..." He shook his head, clutching his stomach just in case he ever felt inclined to nearly vomit again, looking toward Theo as he said his name. "I... I don't remember much. Everything went black for me... and before I knew it, she was already dead. But... if it's worth anything, I can tell you at least... that fucking thing, that spirit... I think it was once a man, but... at the same time, it was never human when it was alive," he tried to recall, a furrowed expression on his face, "In fact, whatever it was, it was strong. Like some black magic type of shit..."

@Lucky @Yazzie @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Everybody

"OhmygodOhmygodOhmygod..."

Hazel clasped her mouth to stop herself screaming. In fact, she had to close her eyes. It wasn't because it was dark, Hazel had already let out a gasp from that, but it was AFTER the darkness that was unbearable for her. That man. That man who she had previously talked to. Hazel couldn't bear to look at him or remember his name, or risk barfing. Ashes was one thing, but a hunk of flesh with a face was far worse, and the man was staked through the heart as well. He was that guy that she had related to, talked about clubs along with Monika. And he was human as well. Akira...was it?

Oh God. Hazel felt bile start to push against the clammy hand on her mouth. Reluctantly, she gulped it back, which only made her want to barf more. Hazel wasn't against death, heck, even justified killing. It was just the aftermath that was just horrific.

Deep breath, one, two, one, two. Don't cry, don't cry.

Hazel, still in shock, and pale as a ghost, turned to Ethan. Hazel's eyes were vacant. This...was the man who killed that brain thing. Under possession. Sure, he couldn't be punished, but...Hazel couldn't quite tell if the stuttering was from shock, or concealed rage.

"S-so, it wasn't t-that w-woman. D-dang. The g-g-ghost did leave y-you now, r-right? D-did it pos-possess someone else to k-kill Aki-"

Hazel clasped her mouth, dang, she couldn't finish her sentence. So Ethan WAS possessed by a fire-casting once-man. Which meant the only thing that Ethan had in common was the liking of coffee. Or was that simply to indict Ethan (Which would be pathetic for Hazel if that was so.) , and then go leave and possess someone else? Hazel WOULD have investigated for clues, like Monika (How the hell does that girl have more balls than her, Hazel didn't know), but...she just needed to sit down right now.

@Jeremi @Ver @Anyone​

"It was a she," Hector replied eyeing the newcomer. "Did you arrive with us last night? I don't believe I saw you." Though he recalled that the red haired woman had also arrived later than the others. "How peculiar."

The body was too burnt to see anything clearly but the way it was positioned it seemed like there had been no struggle. "If you're apart of our group, could we possibly get a name? I'm Hector if you wish me to start."

"And you're in the Ghostbusters HQ in New York," Janine added. "Figure you're from another dimension, you have that look around you."

Marcus looked down at the corpse a bit bewildered at the mention of it being a woman. "Oh... I suppose it is! My, I must be waking up more slowly than I thought" he muttered to himself, touching his forehead to see if it was heating up, though he felt fine. He looked at Hector and replied "I'm not quite sure when I arrived, honestly. Just that I had woken up only a few minutes ago. You can call me Marcus! Nice to make your acquaintance Hector!". He smiled at the greeting, but his brows burrowed in worry at that his examination of the corpse gave little details. "If only Franklin were here..." he muttered to himself.

He spun his head up when Janine noted where they were and responded "Ghostbusters? That sounds rather... unfriendly to Ghosts. Do the Minbari know of you folks?". He paused for a moment before the second half of what she said had sunk in "Other dimension? I'm from the Babylon 5 Station, under Captain Sheridan. We were just trying to liberate Earth from the corrupt Earth Alliance... You people do know of earth, don't you?".

Chapter 2 - Dial Tone

At the same time the group might have seen that Ethan Chandler was acting a bit confused and dazed. That could because he remembered something horrific from last night. His body had been the vessel that killed Dear Lois.​

But the conversation was cut short as the lights suddenly went out. He immediately turned on his Denn'bok, the metal structure jutting out on both ends, he took a battle formation in anticipation of the incoming threat. He swung towards the source of the groan before the lights turned back on. His Denn'bok had hit a wall, and to his left was a dead Akira. Marcus immediately spun around eyeing the area for anyone trying to flee, but all he saw was Ethan shaking, and muttering about being guilty of the previous murder. But his speech made it unclear as to if he was referring to the so-called spirit to infest him, or the victim. He approached Ethan with his Denn'bock still on, staring him in the eyes sternly, but asking with a calm voice as if worried for the mans well being "Slowly now, who was this spirit? Did they have a name? What did they look like? How did you feel during it?". Meanwhile he rested a hand on Hazels shoulder to attempt to calm her "Shhhh, it's alright. We're going to figure this out".

@Ver @Jeremi @MelodyMeister

Chapter 2 - Dial Tone

Cast list:

@Bark as Cassata
@Ver as Ethan Chandler
@Crow as Jack the Ripper
@dark as Lt. John Dunbar
@Minerva as Li-Ming
@Yazzie as Monika
@Lucky as Theo Raeken
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as ZAC​

tumblr-inline-o0vlvo-Pcyt1rxsf53-100.png

"Ghngh...!"

Ethan let out a sound as though he were gagging, hunched over. Indeed, the man was hard at work resisting the urge to vomit right there, not just at the sight of Akira's corpse but also at the grim realization that he was the one who killed Dear Lois, albeit under the influence of a malicious spirit, but it was still his hands that did the deed.

A mixture of remorse and anger clashed inside his soul, mentally incapacitating him for a moment until he was eventually able to gather his bearings, at least enough that he could speak again.

"F-Fucking hell..." He shook his head, clutching his stomach just in case he ever felt inclined to nearly vomit again, looking toward Theo as he said his name. "I... I don't remember much. Everything went black for me... and before I knew it, she was already dead. But... if it's worth anything, I can tell you at least... that fucking thing, that spirit... I think it was once a man, but... at the same time, it was never human when it was alive," he tried to recall, a furrowed expression on his face, "In fact, whatever it was, it was strong. Like some black magic type of shit..."

@Lucky @Yazzie @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Everybody

Dagger drawn, Serenity didn't flinch as the darkness receeded, though simply frowned as the aftermath of it came to light. Another death? And a possession was indeed the cause of it. Shoulders relaxing slightly, her dagger returned to where it had been before as she turned her head to Ethan.

"That's all you remember?" She asked, before the man who introduced himself as Marcus asked the same, just more specified.

@Jeremi @Ver @MelodyMeister @Gwazi Magnum @Yazzie @Yun Lee @Lucky @Others

Theo Raeken

Theo watched as Li Ming was slimed and he looked over and saw that no ghost has appeared. " I think our ghost friend just hopped bodies and then killed another in their new body. It seems we are now down two. I'm also assuming that Ethan knows something and was used as the vessel. I have seen that look before, I had it when I came back from hell and was freed," he said, going over to examine if there was anything else near Akira's corpse.

@Ver @Jeremi @Everyone

Monika had remained mostly silent for a while, taking in all of this new information. She was about to speak when she noticed Akira's body on the pipe, the sight itself was quite revolting,Monika herself trying her hardest not to vomit. She took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, calming herself. She took a step closer and started examining the body

@anyone

Theo couldn't find anything around the body, except for the blood that was now dripping down from the open wound down to the floor. "Christ," Janine seemed squeamish as she looked over. "He was just a kid."

Monika as well couldn't find much on the body. The pipe seemed to have been broken off from a nearby wall. How the deed had been done was hard to say though it was clear that there had been quite a lot of force to be able to pin a human to the wall like that.

"I felt something fly past me as the darkness set,"
Hector replied coming to take a closer look of the body as well. "I wonder if the boy was the target or if the killer didn't care about who they hit?"

Kylie as well came up with the PKE meter to get a reading but she couldn't find anything substantial.

@Lucky @Yazzie @Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back