Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr-inline-n9496ku-Ktp1so1xk1.png

"This is horseshoes..." Ethan sighed in frustration, still perturbed from having been possessed so easily, but knowing that he'd have to pitch in if they were gonna try and catch this vengeful spirit before it could wreak any more havoc.

Putting his hands on his hips, the man pursed his lips. "Well... You're the one who suggested it might have been fired, you tell me," he said gruffly to Hector, shaking his head slightly, but knew that if there was any lead, they'd have to seriously consider it, even if it was slim. It wasn't like they had much else to go on otherwise.

"But... if we were to say it was fired, as in, from a gun, we could consider the guy with the big ass gun over there," Ethan said, gesturing toward Cassata and his long-gun, which at least to Ethan, looked as though it was capable of at least fitting a lead pipe. Ethan knew that he was probably going to get a lot of apprehensive looks for even speaking up, considering he was outed as the last vessel, but it wasn't like he'd be accusing anyone in particular of being the murderer, but rather, the unwilling vessel for the killer ghost to do its deed.

"Or... maybe it's the jelly man over there, who knows?" Ethan hypothesized further, pointing his other finger at ZAC, "Maybe it wasn't a gun, coulda been somethin' else, if a... thing like him can change shape and do as he will with his own body."

"Any objections so far?"

@Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bark @Yun Lee @Lucky @Crow @Takumi @Everybody

"My feel like I am slightly out of my element here,"
Hector replied to Ethan. "I can not say for sure, it was just a hunch."

Kylie in the mean time had dropped the slime tank from her back and was flipping through the books. Something Ethan had said earlier made her curious to see if she could...oh! There it is. "Well this isn't good..." She held up the book she had been reading to reveal the contents. "If this "ghost" is really a Lord of Chaos then we're in even bigger trouble than I thought."

"Two people are dead, Kylie," Janine spoke up as she looked at the corpse. "How can it get even worse?"

"Well you know how we thought this was a human with maybe magic powers? Think that but ten times worse."

Grell looked over at Zac. "Well I do hate to say it, but...you are the only one here who seems to cover everything you touch in liquid. Honestly considering Ethan was possessed last time, I'll believe anything." Just to be sure, Grell tried to see if there was any sort of fluid anywhere else in the crime scene.

@Jeremi @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gwazi Magnum @Lucky

The only other liquid Grell could find was the condensation coming from where the pipe had been broken off from, as well as wet foot prints coming from the door, no doubt from when Hector demonstrated his talents.

@Ver @Bark @Gwazi Magnum @MelodyMeister @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bark @Yun Lee @Lucky @Crow @Takumi @Everybody

Hazel looked around, her expression less then friendly, resting her gaze on the more....ssuspicious characters. First, her eyes rested on the stronger characters who could lift the pipe, and then, when mister killer and that fire guy was like 'Oh, maybe it was fired!', Hazel began to look the other two suspects. Maybe that was more reasonable, somehow, to have thrown the pipe instead of some bodybuilder grabbing out a pipe from the other room and uh....yeah.

"Suspects:
Fired maybe? No one seems strong enough to take the pipe and stab so strongly.​
  • Blobby Slime Monster Thing (Likely)​
  • Guy who gave me the muffler"​
Hazel knew that throwing it might be the more reasonable option for her, but uh...the suspect pool was sucky. Besides, firing the pipe wasn't THAT crazy of an option. That was what she was going to go with, she guessed. Now if it Casseta or the slime thing....Hazel herself was going to go with the slime thing. She wasn't so heartless she would try to accuse a guy who gave her a cute muffler over a monster that wasn't even human.

"Hmm...Well, right, I guess the slime thing is the most suspicious thing right now. The other guy says the exactly the same thing as that mage, and she was innocent last time. I mean, if there was some fine powder like flour and a bursh, then maybe someone could dust for fingerprints or something to see if someone did throw it, but....(Not me, obviously.)"

Oh, right, Grell!

"...Hey, Miss? Is it possible for you to do that dead people photo thing? Or can you not do it right now, or will the photo be too dark to make out?"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Bark

Hazel was surprised by a voice calling out behind her, and closed her eyes to avoid looking at the body, then turned around. Oh. It was that guy who was trying to help her. That was nice, she supposed. Hazel tilted her head slightly, and gave the badge and the man a weird look. Yeah, she never heard of them surely. Still, had to be nice. Or try to.

"....Uhhhh. Thanks for that. I'll be fine, don't worry. Which country does your...organisation come from though, and what do you do? I've certainly never heard of your organisation, but maybe that's just because I'm not allowed to know much about the outside world. Protectors of humanity...are you a vigilante group, or goverment supported?"

@Gwazi Magnum

Grell gasped. "You're absolutely right! I completely forgot all about the cinematic record! I do hope it's not too late..." Readying her scythe, Grell made another attempt to retrieve a cinematic record from the corpse.

@Jeremi @MelodyMeister @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Lucky

As Grell hit Joker with her chainsaw the cinematic record would once again shoot out of his body much like with Dear Lois. This time though when it came to the point of his death it was just black, Every section filled with it until the record came to his abrupt end. "That didn't help much." Janine replied from her desk.

@Ver @Bark @Gwazi Magnum @MelodyMeister @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bark @Yun Lee @Lucky @Crow @Takumi @Everybody

@Jeremi
@Ver
@MelodyMeister
@Yun Lee
@Lucky
@Takumi
@Bark
@everyone else

Monika couldn't help but frown in disappointment when Joker's cinematic record revealed next to nothing about his murderer. Back to square one for the rest of them it seemed. Monika thought deeply, trying to think of something they could do. When she overheard some of the others mention that the pipe could've have been fired, that piqued her interest.

latest

"Oh? Can anyone check to see if the pipe has some kind of knick or groove on it? I remember reading in one of my books that whenever a gun is fired, it creates grooves and other indentions on a bullet as it leaves the gun, perhaps that's the case here."
She suggested

@Jeremi
@Ver
@MelodyMeister
@Yun Lee
@Lucky
@Takumi
@Bark
@everyone else

Monika couldn't help but frown in disappointment when Joker's cinematic record revealed next to nothing about his murderer. Back to square one for the rest of them it seemed. Monika thought deeply, trying to think of something they could do. When she overheard some of the others mention that the pipe could've have been fired, that piqued her interest.

latest

"Oh? Can anyone check to see if the pipe has some kind of knick or groove on it? I remember reading in one of my books that whenever a gun is fired, it creates grooves and other indentions on a bullet as it leaves the gun, perhaps that's the case here."
She suggested

A quick investigation of the pipe indicated that it was slightly bent on the end sticking out of the Phantom Thief no doubt from when it was removed from it rightful spot. From how it seemed if it had been fired in some form it hadn't been done in the conventional way from the barrel of a gun or something similar.

@Ver @Bark @Gwazi Magnum @MelodyMeister @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bark @Yun Lee @Lucky @Crow @Takumi @Yazzie @Everybody

Ugh, what a waste of a cinematic record! Interesting life though...but why was there nothing relating to their shared nightmare? Perhaps because it was a nightmare? Hmph. Who knew.

But anyway, she nodded as Theo made the case for ZAC. "It'd need to be someone freakishly strong to rip that thing off," she said. "I doubt even a lord of chaos could manage it if the host wasn't powerful enough to begin with."

@Jeremi @Everyone @WorkPostlol​

"My feel like I am slightly out of my element here," Hector replied to Ethan. "I can not say for sure, it was just a hunch."

Kylie in the mean time had dropped the slime tank from her back and was flipping through the books. Something Ethan had said earlier made her curious to see if she could...oh! There it is. "Well this isn't good..." She held up the book she had been reading to reveal the contents. "If this "ghost" is really a Lord of Chaos then we're in even bigger trouble than I thought."

"Two people are dead, Kylie," Janine spoke up as she looked at the corpse. "How can it get even worse?"

"Well you know how we thought this was a human with maybe magic powers? Think that but ten times worse."

The only other liquid Grell could find was the condensation coming from where the pipe had been broken off from, as well as wet foot prints coming from the door, no doubt from when Hector demonstrated his talents.

Serenity stared at Kylie blankly through her skull mask. What could be worse than a supposed Lord of Chaos?

King Hassan himself, maybe? Well- it might be worse moreso for others than for herself....she'd feel honored to even be in his presence. Anyway, Serenity took a slightly closer look at the book Kylie pointed out to the group while the rest started suspecting the slime being known as Zac. She did tilt her head slightly to glance to Ethan, muttering plainly, "You say a lot of odd things." In reference to the...what did Grell call it? Ah, vulgar, things she's heard in the past...what, ten minutes or so since the Lord of Chaos found a supposed new host?

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Lucky @Gwazi Magnum @MelodyMeister @Yazzie @Others

Ugh, what a waste of a cinematic record! Interesting life though...but why was there nothing relating to their shared nightmare? Perhaps because it was a nightmare? Hmph. Who knew.

But anyway, she nodded as Theo made the case for ZAC. "It'd need to be someone freakishly strong to rip that thing off," she said. "I doubt even a lord of chaos could manage it if the host wasn't powerful enough to begin with."

@Jeremi @Everyone @WorkPostlol​

"They are called Lords of Chaos for a reason," Kylie responded to Grell. "But I don't think someone like that would reveal their hand by just using their own powers...though why not just kill us out right if that's what it's after?"

Serenity stared at Kylie blankly through her skull mask. What could be worse than a supposed Lord of Chaos?

King Hassan himself, maybe? Well- it might be worse moreso for others than for herself....she'd feel honored to even be in his presence. Anyway, Serenity took a slightly closer look at the book Kylie pointed out to the group while the rest started suspecting the slime being known as Zac. She did tilt her head slightly to glance to Ethan, muttering plainly, "You say a lot of odd things." In reference to the...what did Grell call it? Ah, vulgar, things she's heard in the past...what, ten minutes or so since the Lord of Chaos found a supposed new host?

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Lucky @Gwazi Magnum @MelodyMeister @Yazzie @Others

"Yeah," Janine nodded. "He does say a lot of odd things don't he?"

image.jpg

"Well, we're not gonna get anywhere spending all our time with our thumbs up our asses," Ethan simply sighed. He decided not to take up Cassata on his offer (as well as the girl talking about how guns worked temporarily assuaging his suspicions on the man), figuring that his word was enough for now, especially as Theo and Grell built upon the earlier case that possibly pointed to ZAC instead, and now even he was starting to get convinced.

"So then, if that's all we can ascertain, let's not spend the rest of our lives waiting for someone else to take the initiative. I say we ought to slime the slime-man himself and see what happens," the man said, settling his vote on ZAC. He still felt a bit self-conscious, feeling like he was leading the conversation when he was the one who was chosen as the killer last time, but someone had to.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bark @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Yazzie @MelodyMeister @Everybody

Ohh...that was dissapointing. Looks like, since the deceased didn't see anything before dying...yeah, that explained it. So. He was dead before he knew it..ugh. Well, taking a quick glance at the body, trying to look away, Hazel saw that the pipe was bent, slightly. Well, the fact that it had been taken out from the priginal location wasn't new info, but the fact that the...person who did this was strong enough to take it out without a massive dent, and in seconds, meant that the person was strong.

Or that they have used a different method, such as firing. Now, Hazel knew that, maybe, it was just someone with those magic-y spells thingys that could make them strong, but oh well. For now...

"Right! Until any further accusations or anyone has any other suggestions, I'm also going with the slime blob thingy being the killer!"

Hazel tried to make it as energetic and light hearted as possible, but when she mentioned ZAC, traces of hatred and fear leaked through her tone, from her real thoughts. Sure, Hazel supposed they weren't responsible, rather the ghost was. But hey, emotions didn't add up with logic with Hazel.

@Jeremi @Everyone else​

Chapter 3 - It's ringing

While there wasn't that many that had spoken up it was clear where the fingers were being pointed. Grabbing the Slime Blower she aimed it squarely at ZAC. "Hey if nothing else, we'll see what the reaction of two positive slimes connecting." Firing her weapon Zac was soon enveloped in the bright pink slime absorbing it into himself leaving him a similar color like the slime he had been engulfed in.

It seemed sadly that it was another bust. "Sorry about that Z-" Before suddenly the slime creature started to shake violently and fell to the floor trashing around wildly a form rising from his chest. The silhouette of a face formed clearly before the figure was evicted from inside of ZAC's body.

On instinct Kylie aimed the Slime Blower towards the being while Hector conjured the magma golem from before behind him. The creature was drenched in the pink slime but it didn't take long before it started to sizzle and burned away revealing the shape of a man floating in front of them, with a condescending sneer on his face.

"Are you expecting a congratulation? A pat on the back? Fools, if you had only allowed me to continue my game then perhaps your fates would not become as gruesome as they now will."

Despite the man's humanoid appearance it was clear that 'it' was not human. The aura emitting from him made Kylie's arms shake. Hector meanwhile was not taking any chances and sent his golem towards the being who casually deflected the blow with his hand before blowing softly at the golem causing it to vanish into ash.

What had the group unleashed unto this world?

Cast list:

@Bark as Cassata
@Ver as Ethan Chandler
@Yun Lee as Grell Sutcliff
@Takumi as Hassan of Serenity
@MelodyMeister as Hazel Halfpenny
@Crow as Jack the Ripper
@dark as Lt. John Dunbar
@Minerva as Li-Ming
@Ottonomous Ghost as Lucian
@Gwazi Magnum as Marcus Cole
@Yazzie as Monika
@Alex Azure as Mysterious Heroine X Alter
@Gummi Bunnies as Penelope Dormi
@Atomic Knight as Shuichi Saihara
@Lucky as Theo Raeken
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as ZAC​

... just what even happened? Penelope couldn't wrap her head around it, but she felt an immense pit of fear growing inside her. That golem didn't do anything to this man, so that didn't give any hopes that she could even do anything here. As if to relieve her rampant stress of the situation, she clutched at her necklace's blue gem, and without really thinking...

tumblr_inline_mwtnib0jgy1s43kjo.jpg

❝ ... what exactly are you? She blurts out a question that she didn't intend on saying outright.

@Jeremi
@Everyone

MHXA moved quickly once the being made itself known. Her clothes sbifted from casual winter wear to a dark black and red cloak. From thin air, she drew a sword. It glowed red with energy, and she pointed the tip of the blade at the new being.

"You must be the Lord of Chaos. Whatever you were planning for us is going to end, now."

She noticed the golem disintegrated by a single touch. She held firm, her grip tightening on her blade.

@Jeremi @Everyone​

Chapter 3 - It's ringing

While there wasn't that many that had spoken up it was clear where the fingers were being pointed. Grabbing the Slime Blower she aimed it squarely at ZAC. "Hey if nothing else, we'll see what the reaction of two positive slimes connecting." Firing her weapon Zac was soon enveloped in the bright pink slime absorbing it into himself leaving him a similar color like the slime he had been engulfed in.

It seemed sadly that it was another bust. "Sorry about that Z-" Before suddenly the slime creature started to shake violently and fell to the floor trashing around wildly a form rising from his chest. The silhouette of a face formed clearly before the figure was evicted from inside of ZAC's body.

On instinct Kylie aimed the Slime Blower towards the being while Hector conjured the magma golem from before behind him. The creature was drenched in the pink slime but it didn't take long before it started to sizzle and burned away revealing the shape of a man floating in front of them, with a condescending sneer on his face.

"Are you expecting a congratulation? A pat on the back? Fools, if you had only allowed me to continue my game then perhaps your fates would not become as gruesome as they now will."

Despite the man's humanoid appearance it was clear that 'it' was not human. The aura emitting from him made Kylie's arms shake. Hector meanwhile was not taking any chances and sent his golem towards the being who casually deflected the blow with his hand before blowing softly at the golem causing it to vanish into ash.

What had the group unleashed unto this world?

Cast list:

@Bark as Cassata
@Ver as Ethan Chandler
@Yun Lee as Grell Sutcliff
@Takumi as Hassan of Serenity
@MelodyMeister as Hazel Halfpenny
@Crow as Jack the Ripper
@dark as Lt. John Dunbar
@Minerva as Li-Ming
@Ottonomous Ghost as Lucian
@Gwazi Magnum as Marcus Cole
@Yazzie as Monika
@Alex Azure as Mysterious Heroine X Alter
@Gummi Bunnies as Penelope Dormi
@Atomic Knight as Shuichi Saihara
@Lucky as Theo Raeken
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as ZAC​

cMFuh47.jpg

Jack knew it was a threat. She looks at Serenity, nodding, before seemingly disappearing. In reality, she was utilising her Presence Concealment, the second highest possible level, and Serenity had that exact level. It seemed that she wanted Serenity to tap into it to.

Usually, an Assassin class servant with Presence Concealment on Jack and Serenity's level would be able to hide their presence until preparing for combat. However, Jack herself possessed one ability that went well with that.

k9HXO7o.jpg

Murderer of the Misty Night. While most Assassin class servants at Jack's level or below would be detected upon the first attack, this allowed for one preemptive strike before becoming easier to detect!

And so, she struck the strange man from the back with her knives.

This man might be strong, but she was confident that stealth should have some kind of advantage.

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Alex Azure

cMFuh47.jpg

Jack knew it was a threat. She looks at Serenity, nodding, before seemingly disappearing. In reality, she was utilising her Presence Concealment, the second highest possible level, and Serenity had that exact level. It seemed that she wanted Serenity to tap into it to.

Usually, an Assassin class servant with Presence Concealment on Jack and Serenity's level would be able to hide their presence until preparing for combat. However, Jack herself possessed one ability that went well with that.

k9HXO7o.jpg

Murderer of the Misty Night. While most Assassin class servants at Jack's level or below would be detected upon the first attack, this allowed for one preemptive strike before becoming easier to detect!

And so, she struck the strange man from the back with her knives.

This man might be strong, but she was confident that stealth should have some kind of advantage.

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Alex Azure

Dagger in hand, Serenity took a fighting stance, pressing her finger to the tip, she intended to get some of her blood onto the blade as an added posion to the blade.

Returning Jack's nod with one of her own, Serenity tapped into Presence Concealment, and while Jack struck the man with her knives Serenity struck at the Lord of Chaos in the neck from behind with her own dagger!

@Jeremi @Alex Azure @Crow @Gummi Bunnies

Thank heavens, they were right! Grell let out a sigh of relief, glad that she wouldn't have to worry about getting murdered anytime soon. But now there was a new menace to deal with, and despite the nice hair, he wasn't all that alluring. What a nuisance.

Grell readied her death scythe, giving the newcomer a toothy grin. "I do hope this isn't your attempt at scaring us, because it simply won't work. You may as well stop threatening us and start giving me reasons not to cut you in half...and believe me, they had BETTER be good."

@Jeremi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back