Status
Not open for further replies.
Theo Raeken

" I'm on the same page, Miss Grell. Nobody has made this mad since the psychotic doll that I killed for the group. I think he can be introduced to some of my claws and other abilities that can make him hurt. Would you like to walk down myself and Ethan since it seems we need to go in groups of three? I would be fine if you took the middle, or wherever you prefer. I will take whatever spot is left,"
he said

@Yun Lee @Ver @Jeremi @Everybody

"That was mean of him, but we're in one piece, we'll be alright for a lot longer."

As Jack recollected her weapons, Arioch laughed and cackled as if no damage was done.

"So you were the one who seperated us from mother. If that is the case, we will do everything in our power to eliminate you."

It seemed that 'everything in our power' encompassed the basement. With that, Jack retreated into it with the others - a spiral staircase. Tapping into her Presence Concealment, she was undetected as she walked down with all else, great for countering any ambush they might meet on the way down.

@Minerva @Alex Azure @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bark @Yun Lee @Lucky @Takumi @Yazzie @Crow @MelodyMeister @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Everybody

Meanwhile, Simon would notice a mark at the back of his left hand, flickering as if it was a lightbulb, if lightbulbs were black-hued sigils and runes. At the end of the flickering, this very mark would be gone, with no sign of it ever existing.

@York

"How could he have possibly heard Lois if she's dead?" Grell raised an eyebrow, confused. "Even if I didn't take her cinematic record, the flames should have done the job of ending her life...maybe?" Who knew, honestly. It was clear the laws of her own world didn't matter in this little funhouse. "Ugh! Either way, I'm not going to let this fool terrorize us any longer! I've been dying to use my death scythe after getting it back, and he makes a lovely target!"

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Takumi @Minerva @Alex Azure

"I mean in our line of work ghosts aren't something we don't believe in," Janine replied. "But I don't know about this one." Even so the trek went on. The stairs seemed to take them forever as they lead to the side and suddenly were walking upside down on the ceiling. Soon though they came to a path leading down three separate staircases.

Hector seemed weary as he stopped a few steps short where the path split. "It would seem we have reached an impasse. This smells like a trap." Perhaps they could find a clue as there where they should go if they investigated the area.

@Minerva @Alex Azure @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bark @Yun Lee @Lucky @Takumi @Yazzie @Crow @MelodyMeister @York @Gummi Bunnies @Everybody

"Dear Lois as a ghost...?" It sounded odd saying it, but in this world, just about anything was plausible! Though if so, why didn't she tell them Ethan killed her? It would have made things SO much easier...

As they arrived at their destination (with Grell taking either side of Ethan in the tunnel along with Theo), she huffed impatiently. "Things can just never be easy, can they?" She looked around to see if there were any indications of where to go.

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Alex Azure @Minerva @York @Crow

Theo Raeken

" If things were easy, I doubt the ghost would have been able to possess us and use us to murder each other. I imagine that one of these three staircases should lead us where to go,"
he said, examining the area to see if there was any indication on things in the area to help them solve this puzzle.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi

tumblr-inline-o0vlp2w-B3w1rxsf53-100.png

Furrowing his brow as he took note of the one hint between the three routes, Ethan shook his head. "Well... How cheery," he whistled briefly, keeping his hand on his holstered gun for good measure.

Without missing a beat, he had determined that the middle had to be the best course to take. After all, it's not like there'd be anything waiting for them in the other paths, would there? "If it can bleed, it can die. Or does anyone else reckon that we take one of the other paths? Doesn't look that way to me personally," he said assertively, but also with a lightly pressed tone, as though not wanting to waste any time even discussing this sort of consideration.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky @Crow @Alex Azure @Takumi @Everybody

"I think the point of these other tunnels not having blood is that there's no floor to lead them down." Grell started following Ethan, not wanting to take her chances any other way. "You know, as completely bizarre as this place is, the aesthetic is quite nice. Though I am getting a headache from all these optical illusions..."

@Jeremi @Ver @Everyone​

"Well, I'm all right, save for the blood possibly ruining my shoes..." She'd been soaked in blood before, but never had to walk around in it. Kinda ruined the fun. Really, she didn't seem afraid at all, but rather annoyed by thrir entire situation. It really was amazing how well her death scythe kept her feeling confident, unlike in that horrid dream.

"If us going into that basement gets that cretin dealt with, I'm not waiting around up here!" Grell started for the basement, noting how sad Serenity seemed. Probably because the coat was getting soaked. "Don't worry, darling. That coat has had plenty of blood on it and still looks brand new!"

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Lucky @Everyone​

"Ah, I'll keep that in mind when we run into that man again." Serenity spoke up with a smile, realizing that she let her sadness show and quickly tried to keep her composure in check.

tumblr-inline-o0vlo2-OJgr1rxsf53-100.png

"..."

Ethan wasn't quite sure what was in the basement that would be able to help their current predicament, but then again, these Ghostbuster fellows were a bit beyond what Ethan was familiar with. Who knows what kind of bizarre contraptions they had just lying around? All these machines... He really couldn't help but think of the young doctor back home. Victor had always been the impressionable young man, and perhaps it was a bit of a leap to think of him when he specialized in the capabilities of the human body rather than technology like this, but... Perhaps he was just feeling a bit nostalgic, for better or for worse.

"Better times," as they said. Yeah, right.

As Serenity returned his own question to him, Ethan nodded. "Yeah... Yeah, I'm fine. Now that we nailed that rat bastard, hopefully he won't be using any of us to murder each other from the inside now that we're aware of him at least," he went on. The jaded man felt a bit foolish to "hope" as he did, but then, being around little girls like her and Jack, for some reason he didn't quite feel as inclined to be so pessimistic, at least so openly.

... And he probably ought to stop cursing as well while he was at it.

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Lucky @Jeremi @Crow @Everybody

"I'm glad you're alright. He's powerful, but I'm sure he has some form of weakness we'll find." She replied.

Li-Ming would find three marks appearing somewhere on her body: the Command Spells that gave her control as Master over Alter.

Sword at the ready, MHXA walked side by side with Li-Ming down the spiral staircase. She attempted to bolster the group's resolve.

"Even the strongest of magic can be countered. If need be, Arioch will have to face three Servants's Noble Phantasms. Surely that could end him."

@Minerva @Alex Azure @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bark @Yun Lee @Lucky @Takumi @Yazzie @Crow @MelodyMeister @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Everybody

"Three noble phantasms will bring a quick death to our foes...if not possibly obliterate them." Serenity nodded.

All three paths looked identical to one another except the blood that had streamed down when Janine opened the door seemed to only lead down the middle path leaving the other two looking clean.

@Minerva @Alex Azure @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bark @Yun Lee @Lucky @Takumi @Yazzie @Crow @MelodyMeister @York @Gummi Bunnies @Everybody

tumblr-inline-o0vlp2w-B3w1rxsf53-100.png

Furrowing his brow as he took note of the one hint between the three routes, Ethan shook his head. "Well... How cheery," he whistled briefly, keeping his hand on his holstered gun for good measure.

Without missing a beat, he had determined that the middle had to be the best course to take. After all, it's not like there'd be anything waiting for them in the other paths, would there? "If it can bleed, it can die. Or does anyone else reckon that we take one of the other paths? Doesn't look that way to me personally," he said assertively, but also with a lightly pressed tone, as though not wanting to waste any time even discussing this sort of consideration.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky @Crow @Alex Azure @Takumi @Everybody

"I think the point of these other tunnels not having blood is that there's no floor to lead them down." Grell started following Ethan, not wanting to take her chances any other way. "You know, as completely bizarre as this place is, the aesthetic is quite nice. Though I am getting a headache from all these optical illusions..."

@Jeremi @Ver @Everyone​

"No floor? Hm. That conclusion makes sense." She spoke up, though slightly tilted her head as she studied the three paths, thinking about the whole warped realities thing.

@Jeremi @Crow @Ver @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Minerva @York @MelodyMeister @Lucky @Everyone

Hector nodded. "Yes, well, I don't see anything else. I'd say your assessment is as good as any." He made his way towards the the middle stairs and continued down. Soon enough they would be standing face to face with a normal looking door that seemed very out of place in this place. Pushing it open revealed that they had arrived to their destination.

latest

A large red box like structure was occupying almost the entire wall in the back. "That's the containment unit, did Ray say why we were here or?"

Janine shook her head. "No, he just told me that we had to head down here ASAP."

"What a peculiar structure,"
Hector replied taking some steps closer to the unit. "I don't believe you ever told us what this thing does."

"We send any ghosts we capture into it to contain them."

"So a prison for the undead, interesting."

Kylie looked around trying to see if there was anything that caught her attention. "Maybe Ray meant we needed to access the unit itself? But I'm not sure why, we don't want any ghosts to escape especially with everything that's going on."​

"Well no one...probably." Janine was flipping through her keys to find the right one from the door. "Ray just said that he had...heard Lois' voice inside his head and that's why he called. So don't really know what that's about." Finally finding the right key she put it into the look and pushed the door open. The excess blood instantly flowing down the spiral staircase into the basement. Wait, spiral staircase?

The path down had been stretched and twisted beyond recognition and what had once been a few easy steps down to a new floor seemed to have transformed to a trek into the abyss. "Kylie, get the proton packs and a trap, just in case." Before they went further both Janine and Kylie had suited up and equipped themselves with similar looking weapons they had seen the Ghostbusters wearing earlier. "If this Arioch guy thinks he can mess with us then he's got another thing coming."

The path down was now wide enough for three people to walk side by side down the steps. They had practically stepped into a M.C. Escher painting come to life. "Watch your steps," Kylie told the others. "Whatever this Arioch is it's clear that he's powerful. Just warping reality like this so casually...that's massive."

@Alex Azure @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bark @Yun Lee @Lucky @Takumi @Yazzie @Crow @MelodyMeister @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Everybody
tumblr-inline-o0vlo2-OJgr1rxsf53-100.png

"..."

Ethan wasn't quite sure what was in the basement that would be able to help their current predicament, but then again, these Ghostbuster fellows were a bit beyond what Ethan was familiar with. Who knows what kind of bizarre contraptions they had just lying around? All these machines... He really couldn't help but think of the young doctor back home. Victor had always been the impressionable young man, and perhaps it was a bit of a leap to think of him when he specialized in the capabilities of the human body rather than technology like this, but... Perhaps he was just feeling a bit nostalgic, for better or for worse.

"Better times," as they said. Yeah, right.

As Serenity returned his own question to him, Ethan nodded. "Yeah... Yeah, I'm fine. Now that we nailed that rat bastard, hopefully he won't be using any of us to murder each other from the inside now that we're aware of him at least," he went on. The jaded man felt a bit foolish to "hope" as he did, but then, being around little girls like her and Jack, for some reason he didn't quite feel as inclined to be so pessimistic, at least so openly.

... And he probably ought to stop cursing as well while he was at it.

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Lucky @Jeremi @Crow @Everybody
"Well no one...probably." Janine was flipping through her keys to find the right one from the door. "Ray just said that he had...heard Lois' voice inside his head and that's why he called. So don't really know what that's about." Finally finding the right key she put it into the look and pushed the door open. The excess blood instantly flowing down the spiral staircase into the basement. Wait, spiral staircase?

The path down had been stretched and twisted beyond recognition and what had once been a few easy steps down to a new floor seemed to have transformed to a trek into the abyss. "Kylie, get the proton packs and a trap, just in case." Before they went further both Janine and Kylie had suited up and equipped themselves with similar looking weapons they had seen the Ghostbusters wearing earlier. "If this Arioch guy thinks he can mess with us then he's got another thing coming."

The path down was now wide enough for three people to walk side by side down the steps. They had practically stepped into a M.C. Escher painting come to life. "Watch your steps," Kylie told the others. "Whatever this Arioch is it's clear that he's powerful. Just warping reality like this so casually...that's massive."

@Alex Azure @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bark @Yun Lee @Lucky @Takumi @Yazzie @Crow @MelodyMeister @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Everybody
"That was mean of him, but we're in one piece, we'll be alright for a lot longer."

As Jack recollected her weapons, Arioch laughed and cackled as if no damage was done.

"So you were the one who seperated us from mother. If that is the case, we will do everything in our power to eliminate you."

It seemed that 'everything in our power' encompassed the basement. With that, Jack retreated into it with the others - a spiral staircase. Tapping into her Presence Concealment, she was undetected as she walked down with all else, great for countering any ambush they might meet on the way down.

Meanwhile, Simon would notice a mark at the back of his left hand, flickering as if it was a lightbulb, if lightbulbs were black-hued sigils and runes. At the end of the flickering, this very mark would be gone, with no sign of it ever existing.

@York
"I mean in our line of work ghosts aren't something we don't believe in," Janine replied. "But I don't know about this one." Even so the trek went on. The stairs seemed to take them forever as they lead to the side and suddenly were walking upside down on the ceiling. Soon though they came to a path leading down three separate staircases.

Hector seemed weary as he stopped a few steps short where the path split. "It would seem we have reached an impasse. This smells like a trap." Perhaps they could find a clue as there where they should go if they investigated the area.

All three paths looked identical to one another except the blood that had streamed down when Janine opened the door seemed to only lead down the middle path leaving the other two looking clean.

"Ah, I'll keep that in mind when we run into that man again." Serenity spoke up with a smile, realizing that she let her sadness show and quickly tried to keep her composure in check.

"I'm glad you're alright. He's powerful, but I'm sure he has some form of weakness we'll find." She replied.

"Three noble phantasms will bring a quick death to our foes...if not possibly obliterate them." Serenity nodded.

"No floor? Hm. That conclusion makes sense." She spoke up, though slightly tilted her head as she studied the three paths, thinking about the whole warped realities thing.

@Jeremi @Crow @Ver @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Minerva @York @MelodyMeister @Lucky @Everyone
Hector nodded. "Yes, well, I don't see anything else. I'd say your assessment is as good as any." He made his way towards the the middle stairs and continued down. Soon enough they would be standing face to face with a normal looking door that seemed very out of place in this place. Pushing it open revealed that they had arrived to their destination.

latest

A large red box like structure was occupying almost the entire wall in the back. "That's the containment unit, did Ray say why we were here or?"

Janine shook her head. "No, he just told me that we had to head down here ASAP."

"What a peculiar structure,"
Hector replied taking some steps closer to the unit. "I don't believe you ever told us what this thing does."

"We send any ghosts we capture into it to contain them."

"So a prison for the undead, interesting."

Kylie looked around trying to see if there was anything that caught her attention. "Maybe Ray meant we needed to access the unit itself? But I'm not sure why, we don't want any ghosts to escape especially with everything that's going on."​

tumblr_inline_mwtnfhFCRy1s43kjo.jpg

❝ Erm... yeah, we were only told to get down here, and you say that messing with the containment unit could be real bad... ❞ Penelope mumbled, having a sinking feeling that there was something off here. Just to be sure, she surveys the room for anything that could of interest besides the containment unit.

@Minerva @Alex Azure @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bark @Yun Lee @Lucky @Takumi @Yazzie @Crow @MelodyMeister @York @Jeremi
@Everybody
Simon Henriksson
@Minerva @Alex Azure @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bark @Yun Lee @Lucky @Takumi @Yazzie @Crow @MelodyMeister @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies
@Everybody

The twisting, winding staircase was throwing Simon's senses for a loop, even as he reloaded his pistol, taking note of the number of magazines he had left.

It started to make him wonder if he was dreaming again, considering the surreal nature of this place, but... Just then, an abrupt aching sensation on his left hand made him turn towards it briefly.

At first he thought it was one of the scars on his wrist acting up again, or perhaps some pain that he had previously managed to shrug off with morphine.

But to his astonishment, it was something else.

Strange, black hued sigils and runes. Things that should only have existed within realms of fantasy.

Normally such a thing would have scared him, but somehow... It felt a little comforting.

Then it was gone, as quickly as it came.

At the very least, the sensation confirmed that either this was a very hyper realistic dream he was experiencing, or that this wasn't really a dream at all.

Considering that very little of his surroundings felt familiar to him, even in an unnerving way... He was beginning to think this was real.

But it didn't quite explain why his legs were working. Why he was the way he was before that accident.

Was it some strange twist of fate? Or perhaps it was something to do with whatever forces brought him here.

They soon came to a set of stairs, and Jack? She was gone it seems, or at least, she had her presense concealed.

In the end though, he decided to follow Hector down the stairs in the middle, leading them to a mysterious structure. Apparently it was a kind of prison, for ghosts, but... Why were the directed here?

Simon didn't lower his pistol, but he did start thinking.

Arioch was a being that could control others by posessing them. But something happened to him after he got hit by that device. Something that made him rethink his strategy.

If they were being lead to a place meant to contain ghosts, then... ...

Oh no.

A sudden thought occurred to him, one that he was unsure of, but was frightening nonetheless.

"Do you think Arioch can control... Ghosts?" He asked suddenly.

If so, it was cruicial that they find a way to take care of the problem sooner rather than later.

However, he wasn't even sure if he had the right equipment.

After all, bullets or a knife worked just fine against physical creatures, but could such things even damage a ghost?​

Hazel stayed behind everyone, hesistating from going down for a moment, partly from fear due to the new blood, or because of the remaining blood that was soaking her shoes. But when she looked back, what did she see? Darkness. And Hazel wasn't usually scared of darkness, but she sure as heck was now. Cringing at the squishy, wert sound of the blood that was soaking her shoes just like water, Hazel went down the stairs slowly to reveal...

The basement, with the ghosts? Well...guess that was better then the other...room. Hazel supressed a thought earlier when she considered breaking the safe open for the heck of it, but now? She wanted anything but for ghosts to pour out there like water. Hazel crounched down, and took some deep breaths, as well as talking her blood-bathed shoes off.

"So...does anyone know anymore about this Arioch? Or at least give me what you know about...it? He seems really powerful, and you know...kinda impossible to defeat."

Hazel took out her notepad, and started writing shakily. "Name: Arioch(?)"
@Jeremi @York @Yazzie @Takumi @Ver @Everyone​

Hazel stayed behind everyone, hesistating from going down for a moment, partly from fear due to the new blood, or because of the remaining blood that was soaking her shoes. But when she looked back, what did she see? Darkness. And Hazel wasn't usually scared of darkness, but she sure as heck was now. Cringing at the squishy, wert sound of the blood that was soaking her shoes just like water, Hazel went down the stairs slowly to reveal...

The basement, with the ghosts? Well...guess that was better then the other...room. Hazel supressed a thought earlier when she considered breaking the safe open for the heck of it, but now? She wanted anything but for ghosts to pour out there like water. Hazel crounched down, and took some deep breaths, as well as talking her blood-bathed shoes off.

"So...does anyone know anymore about this Arioch? Or at least give me what you know about...it? He seems really powerful, and you know...kinda impossible to defeat."

Hazel took out her notepad, and started writing shakily. "Name: Arioch(?)"
@Jeremi @York @Yazzie @Takumi @Ver @Everyone​

"We don't, other then the stuff we found in the books about Lords of Chaos. We also know there's a master, but that's about it." Kylie was interrupted by a sound. A tapping sound that seemed to be getting louder and louder coming from inside the containment unit. "It's not supposed to do that..."

"Seems like that happens a lot," Ethan replied to Kylie's remark about things not supposed to be happening, stepping forward in front of Grell and the little girls as if in a protective manner, just in case whatever was inside happened to be unfriendly.

He didn't quite know what he planned on doing after that, but it seemed that before he was able to really decide, Theo made a move for him, trying to beckon it, so the man let him do that and see what happened.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bark @Crow @Everybody

"Theo, I swear if you get possessed I will strike you down myself!" Grell hissed, glaring at the young from behind Ethan. The death and killings were all behind them now, were they not? If sonething so stupid and senseless happened to restart it all... Grell frowned, remembering how everything had finally started to go right once that little plastic menace was eliminated, only for Solomon Grundy to show up, and...!

Grell's hand gripped Ethan's shoulder unconsciously. Here's hoping everything didn't go to hell...

@Ver @Jeremi @Lucky @Everyone​

To Theo's question the tapping had no turned into a banging. "It's definitely not supposed to do that." Kylie readied the proton pack and followed Theo towards the containment unit, since she was the only one with any real expertise with it.

"Foolish." As they just made their way to the unit Arioch would float out from the floor blocking the others path to the containment unit. "Why do you persist? Like flies you continue to swarm around me yet you have no power. Give up now and let His will be made." He handed out his hand to the gathered group clearly waiting for someone to see it his way.

Grell's apprehension turned to irritation. "Will you give it a rest already?" She rolled her eyes. "I mean, really, for someone who works in the name of chaos, you're incredibly dull! 'Join me or die'...you realize you'd need to do far better than that to convince anyone to join you!"

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Everyone​

Grell's apprehension turned to irritation. "Will you give it a rest already?" She rolled her eyes. "I mean, really, for someone who works in the name of chaos, you're incredibly dull! 'Join me or die'...you realize you'd need to do far better than that to convince anyone to join you!"

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Everyone​

"Then," Grell and the others started to feel their feet followed by their legs sinking into the floor. "You die through pain and agony!"

Meanwhile on the other side Thuro and Kylie seemed to be off the man's radar for the time being. Seeing what was happening Kylie turned towards Thuro as she flicked a switch bringing power to her proton pack. "I'll try to get his attention and help the others. There's a switch on the bottom side to the left that gives it power, we have to shut it off. The biometric scanner's not going to allow anyone except senior Ghostbusters to access it but a power influx might be enough to get to what ever is doing that banging out of the unit." Having said that she fired towards Arioch to try and help the others hoping Theo could do what she had told him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back