• Donation Drive: We're looking to pull in enough donations to cover the server expenses for August and September ($140). Rest assured that the website will remain paid regardless of whether we meet our goal, but things will be financially tight for us until about mid September. Any donations that come in, in the interim, will really help ease things for us. See donation information for further details as well as information about our donation process. Thank you!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gummi Bunnies

identity unknown...
Benefactor
The Convergence Series GM


❝ W-What the! ❞ Penelope instinctively backed away once she saw whatever... that thing was. Seriously?! A book monster! Or um... a monster that was using books to attack? No, the "how" wasn't the important part here, they're getting attacked! She wasn't that much of the fighting type, so she stayed back, but kept an eye out in case she could point out a possible course of action for them to take.

❝ I don't know, but whatever it is, it's not happy that we're snooping around the library for that beacon. ❞ She commented on Theo's question, not really knowing the answer herself. One way to find out was taking down this obstacle first, somehow.

@MelodyMeister @Jeremi @Lucky
@Library
 

York

Just a newbie...
The stairs falling were coming ever closer but suddenly Janine saw the sign. "The door! Hurry!" Just barely they managed to get through the door as the steps tumbled down behind them, leaving their trip down in question. "Let me just...catch my breath..." Janine gasped as she slumped down in the corridor. Seemed like they were really close to reaching the roof now at least.

@York @Bark @CentralParkWest






It was true everyone was starting to hear the rumbling coming from the bookshelf. "What in the world?" Like a grenade went off the books erupted from the bookshelves all around them before gathering in one spot as a shape started to take form.



Soon a lumbering creature formed out of books stood before them ready to attack as it slammed its fists to the floor.

@Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Library​







"Maybe the higher up they are the better the reception? I can't really say." Either way the trip through the stairs up to the 12th floor went on with out a problem, until they opened the door to the 12th floor and the other side was blocked by a massive cobweb. "...Well this isn't good."

@Yun Lee @Ver @Takumo @Hotel
Cassata huffed as they managed up the stairs and through the door, resting his hands on his knees for a moment. Ever the wary, he clutched his weapon and peeked down the corridor, making sure it was safe for them to breath. "I hope... we don't need.. to run anymore..."

@Jeremi @York
Simon Henriksson
@Jeremi @Bark
@CentralParkWest

Simon was running... As fast as his legs could carry him.

In some ways, it was like one of the nightmares that occurred, slowly... Insidiously sneaking into his dreams.

But this time, he wasn't alone, and that re-assured him, as he ran alongside the others, slowing down just a little when the rest of the group might be falling behind just to make sure no-one would be caught by those falling stairs.

Until at last, they all burst through the doors, including him... Collapsing on the floor, panting.

After having caught his breath, he quickly dug into his bag, contemplating giving himself a shot of morphine to rejuvinate himseld, then shook his head.

No... He had to save that kind of thing for emergencies.

Who knew what they might face next?

"Anchor's... On the roof... Right?" Simon asked between breaths.

He quickly checked to make sure his pistol was still loaded, as he prepared to head up there, assuming he got a confirmation to his question. Perhaps that tiring climb had left him a little... Frazzled to say the least.​
 

Yun Lee

The Sculptor
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
Whrrrrrrrrrrr!

Beside Ethan, Grell sliced through the cobwebs with her death scythe. Honestly caution may have been better utilized in this situation, but how could she resist using her beloved weapon whenever she could?

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
Cassata huffed as they managed up the stairs and through the door, resting his hands on his knees for a moment. Ever the wary, he clutched his weapon and peeked down the corridor, making sure it was safe for them to breath. "I hope... we don't need.. to run anymore..."

@Jeremi @York
Simon Henriksson
@Jeremi @Bark
@CentralParkWest

Simon was running... As fast as his legs could carry him.

In some ways, it was like one of the nightmares that occurred, slowly... Insidiously sneaking into his dreams.

But this time, he wasn't alone, and that re-assured him, as he ran alongside the others, slowing down just a little when the rest of the group might be falling behind just to make sure no-one would be caught by those falling stairs.

Until at last, they all burst through the doors, including him... Collapsing on the floor, panting.

After having caught his breath, he quickly dug into his bag, contemplating giving himself a shot of morphine to rejuvinate himseld, then shook his head.

No... He had to save that kind of thing for emergencies.

Who knew what they might face next?

"Anchor's... On the roof... Right?" Simon asked between breaths.

He quickly checked to make sure his pistol was still loaded, as he prepared to head up there, assuming he got a confirmation to his question. Perhaps that tiring climb had left him a little... Frazzled to say the least.
"Not far now..." The trek through the abandoned hallway was uneventful when they finally reached the door that would lead them out to the roof. Sure enough, not counting the very weird design choices of the roof in the middle of it all was a ornate pillar of some sort shining a bright green hue. There didn't seem to be anything else around, which left Janine weary.

@York @Bark @CentralParkWest




"Understood." Serenity nodded in return as she followed after Ethan and the others towards the stairs. She kept her dagger in hand, three others appearing in her other hand at her side.



Seeing the cobweb put Serenity on high alert, her head tilting upwards to check the ceiling just in case their potential foe was up there.

"No, not good at all." She spoke in response to Kylie.

@Jeremi @Ver @Yun Lee @Hotel? Trivago


"Well, then. I don't suppose anyone here has a lighter or anything like that? If not, I suppose we could just cut through it," Ethan sighed, clicking his tongue initially in mild irritation at the inconvenient obstacle put in their way, no doubt placed there to slow them down, before looking back and nodding toward Serenity and Grell.

Despite hinting that their weapons might be a good way to slice through the cobweb, Ethan stepped forward first and put his hand on the barrier, pressing his palm against it to see just how tough it might have actually been.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Everybody

Whrrrrrrrrrrr!

Beside Ethan, Grell sliced through the cobwebs with her death scythe. Honestly caution may have been better utilized in this situation, but how could she resist using her beloved weapon whenever she could?

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi
The chainsaw went through the cobweb's like a hot knife through butter as Grell opened up a path for the group. Stepping into the corridor didn't fill them with much hope however as it seemed like everything on the other side was covered by webs. As well as something else hanging from the ceiling.



A spider creature with a human head, it appeared it hadn't seen the group yet, but Kylie readied her weapon just in case and whispered over to the others. "If we can get past that thing with out it noticing is then we might have an easier time..." Slowly but surely Kylie started taking steps to try and get past it.​

@Yun Lee @Ver @Takumi @Hotel




Theo Raeken

Theo looked at the giant lumbering pile of books and blinked twice before deciding to make a comment. " I'm assuming that the result of our ghostly friend who really wants to summon his master. So, question, do you think the beacon is a part of that pile of books or just an enemy to finding the beacon?" He asked, looking for any sign of a weapon against books. He didn't think his claws would be helpful here.

@MelodyMeister @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Library


❝ W-What the! ❞ Penelope instinctively backed away once she saw whatever... that thing was. Seriously?! A book monster! Or um... a monster that was using books to attack? No, the "how" wasn't the important part here, they're getting attacked! She wasn't that much of the fighting type, so she stayed back, but kept an eye out in case she could point out a possible course of action for them to take.

❝ I don't know, but whatever it is, it's not happy that we're snooping around the library for that beacon. ❞ She commented on Theo's question, not really knowing the answer herself. One way to find out was taking down this obstacle first, somehow.

@MelodyMeister @Jeremi @Lucky
@Library
Hector readied his laser blade at the creature. "Or perhaps just a guardian left behind to slow us down." As Theo looked around the area with this being a library and all he didn't find anything that could be of use to fend of the monster. Hector though chose to summon his fire golem from earlier to even the field, but as it materialized more books flew out of their shelves and like bats started swooping down at the group. "These fiends are only here to slow us down. I suggest that anyone who can't fight continue our search for the anchor. I'll do my best to handle them."

@Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Library
 

Yun Lee

The Sculptor
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
Ethan would feel a rather tight grip on his arm as Grell stuck close, her hair practically standing on end at the sight of that...abomination. Spiders were already so disgusting on their own, why did there need to be giant humanoid mutant ones? It was like something out of that nightmare! The reaper bit her lower lip to keep from making any noise, much preferring to avoid that thing at all costs.

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi
 

Ver

Endearing Misanthrope
Forum Moderator: Convergence Series
The Convergence Series GM


"..."

With Grell attached to his arm, the man wrapping it around her for extra measure as if to keep her safe, Ethan cautiously backed against the wall, out of the monster's line of sight, barely remembering to even breathe as though unsure of whether that was even okay to do. With Serenity speaking of some skill she had, "Presence Concealment" or something like that, it seemed that her specialty was sneaking by monsters like these, so if she was as skillful as she idly believed, then at least that meant she was safe compared to everyone else.

Practically sliding across the wall as silently as he could with Grell in tow, Ethan rested his hand on his gun, ready to quickly draw it at a moment's notice just in case things went south.

@Takumi @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Hotel
 

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club
"Not far now..." The trek through the abandoned hallway was uneventful when they finally reached the door that would lead them out to the roof. Sure enough, not counting the very weird design choices of the roof in the middle of it all was a ornate pillar of some sort shining a bright green hue. There didn't seem to be anything else around, which left Janine weary.

@York @Bark @CentralParkWest










The chainsaw went through the cobweb's like a hot knife through butter as Grell opened up a path for the group. Stepping into the corridor didn't fill them with much hope however as it seemed like everything on the other side was covered by webs. As well as something else hanging from the ceiling.



A spider creature with a human head, it appeared it hadn't seen the group yet, but Kylie readied her weapon just in case and whispered over to the others. "If we can get past that thing with out it noticing is then we might have an easier time..." Slowly but surely Kylie started taking steps to try and get past it.​

@Yun Lee @Ver @Takumi @Hotel







Hector readied his laser blade at the creature. "Or perhaps just a guardian left behind to slow us down." As Theo looked around the area with this being a library and all he didn't find anything that could be of use to fend of the monster. Hector though chose to summon his fire golem from earlier to even the field, but as it materialized more books flew out of their shelves and like bats started swooping down at the group. "These fiends are only here to slow us down. I suggest that anyone who can't fight continue our search for the anchor. I'll do my best to handle them."

@Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Library
Ethan would feel a rather tight grip on his arm as Grell stuck close, her hair practically standing on end at the sight of that...abomination. Spiders were already so disgusting on their own, why did there need to be giant humanoid mutant ones? It was like something out of that nightmare! The reaper bit her lower lip to keep from making any noise, much preferring to avoid that thing at all costs.

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi


"..."

With Grell attached to his arm, the man wrapping it around her for extra measure as if to keep her safe, Ethan cautiously backed against the wall, out of the monster's line of sight, barely remembering to even breathe as though unsure of whether that was even okay to do. With Serenity speaking of some skill she had, "Presence Concealment" or something like that, it seemed that her specialty was sneaking by monsters like these, so if she was as skillful as she idly believed, then at least that meant she was safe compared to everyone else.

Practically sliding across the wall as silently as he could with Grell in tow, Ethan rested his hand on his gun, ready to quickly draw it at a moment's notice just in case things went south.

@Takumi @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Hotel
The Assassin class servant used Presence Concealment almost the moment Kylie mentioned snealing past the creature without being noticed, disappearing in the blink of an eye if one were to bother to try and take notice of her in that very moment.

Even as she moved past the beast without a sound, she intended to stay hidden out of sight until the others were safe or unless she needed to attack.

@Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Hotel
 

Sleepwalker

Still Slep
"R-Right!, Got it..!"
Hazel, as soon as Hector said that anyone who can't fight, should not waste time, backed away from the monsters almost instantly. She was a little girl, and her speciality was manipulation, NOT fighting. And these things? They can't be negotiated with, or even tricked. They had no mind, and Hazel had no control over them. Still, would have been nice if she had a lighter on her or something.

Hazel pointed at Penelope, and then at the area she was at, while dramatically mouthing something that looked like "Take your end.", before running back to where she was before, to continue her newly-rapid search, skimming over books at an adrenaline-pumped speed, but still trying not to be careless and skip over something. She also took a look around her surroundings to see if the anchor thing was there, instead of where she was primarily looking at.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Library​
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
Ethan would feel a rather tight grip on his arm as Grell stuck close, her hair practically standing on end at the sight of that...abomination. Spiders were already so disgusting on their own, why did there need to be giant humanoid mutant ones? It was like something out of that nightmare! The reaper bit her lower lip to keep from making any noise, much preferring to avoid that thing at all costs.

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi


"..."

With Grell attached to his arm, the man wrapping it around her for extra measure as if to keep her safe, Ethan cautiously backed against the wall, out of the monster's line of sight, barely remembering to even breathe as though unsure of whether that was even okay to do. With Serenity speaking of some skill she had, "Presence Concealment" or something like that, it seemed that her specialty was sneaking by monsters like these, so if she was as skillful as she idly believed, then at least that meant she was safe compared to everyone else.

Practically sliding across the wall as silently as he could with Grell in tow, Ethan rested his hand on his gun, ready to quickly draw it at a moment's notice just in case things went south.

@Takumi @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Hotel
The Assassin class servant used Presence Concealment almost the moment Kylie mentioned snealing past the creature without being noticed, disappearing in the blink of an eye if one were to bother to try and take notice of her in that very moment.

Even as she moved past the beast without a sound, she intended to stay hidden out of sight until the others were safe or unless she needed to attack.

@Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Hotel
It seemed that whatever this spider was it wasn't very attentive and the four managed to sneak by it with out much of a hassle. The corridors meanwhile seemed to still be thick with the cobwebs and more spiders, but it appeared that Kylie knew her way around the floor and soon they stood face to face with the entrance to the ball room.

As they went to open the door they could hear...music? With the door pushed open they were met by a band playing some classical music as a large number of ghosts in formal ware danced the day away. In the middle of the all they could see a peculiar looking pillar. No doubt the anchor they were looking for. Kylie attempted to get close but the dancing ghosts wittingly, or unwittingly blocked their path. How would they get closer to destroy the pillar?

@Ver @Yun Lee @Takumi @Hotel




"R-Right!, Got it..!"
Hazel, as soon as Hector said that anyone who can't fight, should not waste time, backed away from the monsters almost instantly. She was a little girl, and her speciality was manipulation, NOT fighting. And these things? They can't be negotiated with, or even tricked. They had no mind, and Hazel had no control over them. Still, would have been nice if she had a lighter on her or something.

Hazel pointed at Penelope, and then at the area she was at, while dramatically mouthing something that looked like "Take your end.", before running back to where she was before, to continue her newly-rapid search, skimming over books at an adrenaline-pumped speed, but still trying not to be careless and skip over something. She also took a look around her surroundings to see if the anchor thing was there, instead of where she was primarily looking at.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Library​
As the battle with the book golem began some of the book bats flapped after the girls running away. Hazel noticed in her trek some eerie green light coming from the reading room, and if she ducked in she would find an ornate pillar humming away from the rest of the chaos erupting around them.

@MelodyMeister @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Library
 

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club
It seemed that whatever this spider was it wasn't very attentive and the four managed to sneak by it with out much of a hassle. The corridors meanwhile seemed to still be thick with the cobwebs and more spiders, but it appeared that Kylie knew her way around the floor and soon they stood face to face with the entrance to the ball room.

As they went to open the door they could hear...music? With the door pushed open they were met by a band playing some classical music as a large number of ghosts in formal ware danced the day away. In the middle of the all they could see a peculiar looking pillar. No doubt the anchor they were looking for. Kylie attempted to get close but the dancing ghosts wittingly, or unwittingly blocked their path. How would they get closer to destroy the pillar?

@Ver @Yun Lee @Takumi @Hotel






As the battle with the book golem began some of the book bats flapped after the girls running away. Hazel noticed in her trek some eerie green light coming from the reading room, and if she ducked in she would find an ornate pillar humming away from the rest of the chaos erupting around them.

@MelodyMeister @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Library
Serenity stopped using Presence Concealment once they entered the ballroom, gazing at the dancing ghosts, then to the pillar. Throwing knives in hand, the masked assassin thought of her next course of action.

She used Presence Concealment once more, attempting to use this to weave between the damcing ghosts and get close to the pillar.

@Jeremi @Ver @Yun Lee @Hotel
 

Sleepwalker

Still Slep
Hmm? What was this? Hazel strolled past it for just a moment, before stopping right in her tracks and turning around almost instantly. Scolding herself on her gradual loss of focus, Hazel took a deep breaths, did some minor exercise to get herself pumped up, and opened the door.

Hazel audibly gasped a little in suprise, and then smirked. This was the time anchor, she presumed? Even if it was not, it clearly did not belong here, and needed to go. Turning her head back, she thought of the others. Maybe she should call them over?.....Nah. If they find it, oh well, but if she was the one who broke it....she'll like the glory.

Hazel ran up, nearly out the door, and then charged at the piller, hoping to break it, or at least knock it over and damage something, she had her knife out, and when she charged at it, she'll try and kick it for good measure as well. Kind of satisfying, actually, to take it out on something.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Library​
 

Bark

Patren X
Though it seemed clear, he was not a stupid man and Cassata began prepping his weapon. "Do you think this can be done from over here? I'm afraid if we break it or whatever, it'll... well, something bad will happen." To him he would do it either way but he was still afraid of the others getting hurt as well.

@Jeremi @York
 

Lucky

But We Were Happy
Theo Raeken

Theo had been silently following Hazel and watched as she ran a knife at the pillar. " Normally, I would be mad at you for wanting to steal the glory, but honestly,watching you ram the pillar was kind of too funny to be mad at. Not sure if that helped- but it was great to watch you try to ram that thing, got a good kick out of me. Would you like some help?" He asked. He didn't wait for an answer, slashing at the pillars with his claws.

@Jeremi @MelodyMeister @Gummi Bunnies
 

Ver

Endearing Misanthrope
Forum Moderator: Convergence Series
The Convergence Series GM


"Alright, well... This is probably a bad idea, but hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained," Ethan simply said as they reached the ballroom, seeming to have quickly conjured up a plan in his head, but what would exactly happen -- if anything at all -- was the mystery. He usually fancied himself a more cautious man than this, but it was strange; even despite the bizarre and tense situation at hand that made his past exploits look almost like child's play in comparison, Ethan felt... calmer. More sure of himself.

Maybe it was because there was someone there willing to give it all to protect him, when he had spent all his time in the past pledging to protect someone else instead.

"Here we go. Wish me luck," the man briskly said, before drawing his gun and shooting at the air with a loud, resounding BANG. And from there, regardless of whether anything immediately happened or not, he followed up by aiming at the pillar and firing again in order to see if it would faze through the ghosts and to see what the bullet would do to the pillar.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi
 

Yun Lee

The Sculptor
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
The second she entered the room, Grell gasped in awe. A ballroom full of the beautiful elite, waltzing away to elegant music...Oh, yes. Yes! Even if they were nothing but mere illusions, to see them all dance together, as if at an old-fashioned ball...it was almost as though it had been taken from her most fondly remembered dreams.

Oh, if only she were out there, dancing alomg with them! Even if she wasn't in a beautiful red gown, she was still fashionable enough to get by, wasn't she? In one hundred years, women wearing a pantsuit must have been less of a taboo, right? And she already had a dance partner beside her! Ethan and her, dancing together in the night on Valentine's Day...you know, save for that hideous monster they were trying to defeat, this was really the most romantic thing she'd ever done!

Already swaying along to the music, Grell reached for Ethan's hand. "Shall we-"

BANG!

Oh. He shot at them.

Grell bowed her head and sighed, readying her death scythe for what would inevitably be a fight with that spider they had managed to sneak by. At least the daydream was fun while it lasted.

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
Serenity stopped using Presence Concealment once they entered the ballroom, gazing at the dancing ghosts, then to the pillar. Throwing knives in hand, the masked assassin thought of her next course of action.

She used Presence Concealment once more, attempting to use this to weave between the damcing ghosts and get close to the pillar.

@Jeremi @Ver @Yun Lee @Hotel


"Alright, well... This is probably a bad idea, but hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained," Ethan simply said as they reached the ballroom, seeming to have quickly conjured up a plan in his head, but what would exactly happen -- if anything at all -- was the mystery. He usually fancied himself a more cautious man than this, but it was strange; even despite the bizarre and tense situation at hand that made his past exploits look almost like child's play in comparison, Ethan felt... calmer. More sure of himself.

Maybe it was because there was someone there willing to give it all to protect him, when he had spent all his time in the past pledging to protect someone else instead.

"Here we go. Wish me luck," the man briskly said, before drawing his gun and shooting at the air with a loud, resounding BANG. And from there, regardless of whether anything immediately happened or not, he followed up by aiming at the pillar and firing again in order to see if it would faze through the ghosts and to see what the bullet would do to the pillar.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi
The second she entered the room, Grell gasped in awe. A ballroom full of the beautiful elite, waltzing away to elegant music...Oh, yes. Yes! Even if they were nothing but mere illusions, to see them all dance together, as if at an old-fashioned ball...it was almost as though it had been taken from her most fondly remembered dreams.

Oh, if only she were out there, dancing alomg with them! Even if she wasn't in a beautiful red gown, she was still fashionable enough to get by, wasn't she? In one hundred years, women wearing a pantsuit must have been less of a taboo, right? And she already had a dance partner beside her! Ethan and her, dancing together in the night on Valentine's Day...you know, save for that hideous monster they were trying to defeat, this was really the most romantic thing she'd ever done!

Already swaying along to the music, Grell reached for Ethan's hand. "Shall we-"

BANG!

Oh. He shot at them.

Grell bowed her head and sighed, readying her death scythe for what would inevitably be a fight with that spider they had managed to sneak by. At least the daydream was fun while it lasted.

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi
The bullets did little to spark any reactions from the ghosts that continued their ethereal dance. The bullet shot towards the pillar seemed to have lodged itself into the head of one of the couples dancing.

Serenity meanwhile was doing a bit better getting closer to the pillar, though her Presence Concealment wasn't helping her much, it was as the ghosts instinctively knew where she was doing to be. Even so it seemed possible to get through this sea of ghosts, but it wasn't going to be easy. Kylie meanwhile was ready to aim her proton pack and fire at them, but she wasn't quite sure what removing one ghost from the equation would help them.

@Yun Lee @Ver @Takumi




Hmm? What was this? Hazel strolled past it for just a moment, before stopping right in her tracks and turning around almost instantly. Scolding herself on her gradual loss of focus, Hazel took a deep breaths, did some minor exercise to get herself pumped up, and opened the door.

Hazel audibly gasped a little in suprise, and then smirked. This was the time anchor, she presumed? Even if it was not, it clearly did not belong here, and needed to go. Turning her head back, she thought of the others. Maybe she should call them over?.....Nah. If they find it, oh well, but if she was the one who broke it....she'll like the glory.

Hazel ran up, nearly out the door, and then charged at the piller, hoping to break it, or at least knock it over and damage something, she had her knife out, and when she charged at it, she'll try and kick it for good measure as well. Kind of satisfying, actually, to take it out on something.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Library​
Theo Raeken

Theo had been silently following Hazel and watched as she ran a knife at the pillar. " Normally, I would be mad at you for wanting to steal the glory, but honestly,watching you ram the pillar was kind of too funny to be mad at. Not sure if that helped- but it was great to watch you try to ram that thing, got a good kick out of me. Would you like some help?" He asked. He didn't wait for an answer, slashing at the pillars with his claws.

@Jeremi @MelodyMeister @Gummi Bunnies

Hazel hit the pillar with a hard thud causing it to sway a bit but otherwise stay in place. Theo's claws barely left a mark on it as well. It seemed like they needed to use a bit more force, or combine their powers to tip this thing over.

@MelodyMeister @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies




Though it seemed clear, he was not a stupid man and Cassata began prepping his weapon. "Do you think this can be done from over here? I'm afraid if we break it or whatever, it'll... well, something bad will happen." To him he would do it either way but he was still afraid of the others getting hurt as well.

@Jeremi @York
"Well it can't be this easy," Janine replied readying her own weapon. "But we can't know that before we try." The proton came to life with a whir and she fired at the pillar, but it appeared that the energy only danced around the pillar instead of hitting it directly.

@Bark @York
 

York

Just a newbie...
"Not far now..." The trek through the abandoned hallway was uneventful when they finally reached the door that would lead them out to the roof. Sure enough, not counting the very weird design choices of the roof in the middle of it all was a ornate pillar of some sort shining a bright green hue. There didn't seem to be anything else around, which left Janine weary.

@York @Bark @CentralParkWest










The chainsaw went through the cobweb's like a hot knife through butter as Grell opened up a path for the group. Stepping into the corridor didn't fill them with much hope however as it seemed like everything on the other side was covered by webs. As well as something else hanging from the ceiling.



A spider creature with a human head, it appeared it hadn't seen the group yet, but Kylie readied her weapon just in case and whispered over to the others. "If we can get past that thing with out it noticing is then we might have an easier time..." Slowly but surely Kylie started taking steps to try and get past it.​

@Yun Lee @Ver @Takumi @Hotel







Hector readied his laser blade at the creature. "Or perhaps just a guardian left behind to slow us down." As Theo looked around the area with this being a library and all he didn't find anything that could be of use to fend of the monster. Hector though chose to summon his fire golem from earlier to even the field, but as it materialized more books flew out of their shelves and like bats started swooping down at the group. "These fiends are only here to slow us down. I suggest that anyone who can't fight continue our search for the anchor. I'll do my best to handle them."

@Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Library
Though it seemed clear, he was not a stupid man and Cassata began prepping his weapon. "Do you think this can be done from over here? I'm afraid if we break it or whatever, it'll... well, something bad will happen." To him he would do it either way but he was still afraid of the others getting hurt as well.

@Jeremi @York
The bullets did little to spark any reactions from the ghosts that continued their ethereal dance. The bullet shot towards the pillar seemed to have lodged itself into the head of one of the couples dancing.

Serenity meanwhile was doing a bit better getting closer to the pillar, though her Presence Concealment wasn't helping her much, it was as the ghosts instinctively knew where she was doing to be. Even so it seemed possible to get through this sea of ghosts, but it wasn't going to be easy. Kylie meanwhile was ready to aim her proton pack and fire at them, but she wasn't quite sure what removing one ghost from the equation would help them.

@Yun Lee @Ver @Takumi









Hazel hit the pillar with a hard thud causing it to sway a bit but otherwise stay in place. Theo's claws barely left a mark on it as well. It seemed like they needed to use a bit more force, or combine their powers to tip this thing over.

@MelodyMeister @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies






"Well it can't be this easy," Janine replied readying her own weapon. "But we can't know that before we try." The proton came to life with a whir and she fired at the pillar, but it appeared that the energy only danced around the pillar instead of hitting it directly.

@Bark @York
Simon Henriksson
@Bark @Jeremi

Simon frowned, carefully aiming his pistol at the pillar.

"Stand back." He said, preparing to move if he himself had to as he decided to shoot the pillar once.

He had a feeling it wouldn't work, but it was worth a shot, right? Maybe whatever was protecting that pillar wasn't so good at deflecting smaller projectiles.​
 

Ver

Endearing Misanthrope
Forum Moderator: Convergence Series
The Convergence Series GM


"... Hmm. I don't know what I expected," Ethan pursed his lips slightly when none of the ghosts seemed to have any response to his bullets. With that, he turned to Grell curiously, holstering his gun again. "Did you say something, Grell?" He inquired obliviously.

Keeping his ear open to her, Ethan cautiously looked around, observing the room, taking notice of how the ghosts seemed to move to their side to block off Serenity, even with her apparent power to slip by others undetected. If trying to shake them out of their dance didn't work, and if they couldn't sneak past, that could only mean...

Click.

Snapping his fingers as though he had a Eureka moment, Ethan gave a wry smile. "Maybe a different approach is needed. A dance in which we become one with them and slip toward the pillar!"

...

"That's what you were going to say, wasn't it?"

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Jeremi
 

Sleepwalker

Still Slep
Owww....Hazel glared at the pillar. All she got for a sore arm was a little sway! The thing didn't even fall over! Man..she really wasn't the best physically, wasn't she? She also gave a decidingly less strong glare at Theo, that quickly softened. Sure, she wished she could be the one to single handingly take down a time anchor, but as not even a charge and a few swipes could take it down, it was clear she needed more help.

"Penelope! Hector! Get over here! We need your help!"

Uncharactertiscally shouting outside, she tried to call the others over to get them to brute force the pillar with them. More the merrier, she guessed.

"Okay, whoever you are, let's try again. I'm er, ready when you are."

Hazel took a running start again, attempting to do another hard strike at the pillar, and once Theo attacked, so would she.
@Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Library​
 

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club
The bullets did little to spark any reactions from the ghosts that continued their ethereal dance. The bullet shot towards the pillar seemed to have lodged itself into the head of one of the couples dancing.

Serenity meanwhile was doing a bit better getting closer to the pillar, though her Presence Concealment wasn't helping her much, it was as the ghosts instinctively knew where she was doing to be. Even so it seemed possible to get through this sea of ghosts, but it wasn't going to be easy. Kylie meanwhile was ready to aim her proton pack and fire at them, but she wasn't quite sure what removing one ghost from the equation would help them.

@Yun Lee @Ver @Takumi









Hazel hit the pillar with a hard thud causing it to sway a bit but otherwise stay in place. Theo's claws barely left a mark on it as well. It seemed like they needed to use a bit more force, or combine their powers to tip this thing over.

@MelodyMeister @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies






"Well it can't be this easy," Janine replied readying her own weapon. "But we can't know that before we try." The proton came to life with a whir and she fired at the pillar, but it appeared that the energy only danced around the pillar instead of hitting it directly.

@Bark @York
She made progress, and any progress made meant at least something. Though, whether the ghosts could sense her despite her skill-or at the very least have enough sense to know to protect the pillar-she kept trying to move closer. She wanted to test how close she got before inevitably returning to Grell and Ethan's sides if she failed.

@Jeremi @Ver @Yun Lee
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top