Status
Not open for further replies.
Grell soured a bit, as the girl mentioned her name. That's right...she had said back then that she was Jack the Ripper, which simply wasn't true! It was quite painful, seeing some child take all the credit for her own hard work, but if Ethan knew the truth, well...perhaps some secrets were better left unknown.

"Well, yes. I must admit, it's nice to see a few familiar faces and not...others." But as the subject changed to Valentine's, Grell sighed wistfully.

grell-gif-9.gif

"Oh my...a snowy Valentine's night with New York City all to ourselves? I take it all back. I never want to wake up!"

@Crow @Ver @Jeremi @Anyonelol​

As Cassata listened, he sighed and shook his head as if disappointed. At least the funny business always happened to him and not the others. The plus side? Wasn't Whiskey's fault so nobody here was about to transform into a Fallen Angel. Probably.
"Sorry kiddo. Seems like this is unfortunately real." He pat the shoulder of the poor pink haired girl who seemed like she couldn't even walk. He used his good eye to glance at the men who seemed to live here. "Some place called 'New York' apparently. Doesn't seem to be much other info. You gonna be okay?" He only seemed half-concerned, seeing as she was a stranger, but he'd become a bleeding heart in recent years.

@Yazzie @Jeremi
Gritting his teeth, he held his head in his free hand. Hearing another's voice in his head only served to muddy his thoughts worse than they already were, and in a flash of brilliant blue flame, Akira was again garbed by his rebellious spirit, mask and all.

They're...real? Zaun? Ghosts? the questions swirled around inside his head, Is this what Igor meant? Shaking his head, he straightened his back, and escaped his thoughts quickly enough to catch Lois' smile. With some trepidation did he stow his blade, but he did so nonetheless. Noticing his vibrant red gloves, and feeling the mask resting on his face, Akira made a curious sound.

Just what's going on?

Hearing yet another fish out of water come to, Joker decided to take initiative.

persona-5-joker-mask-png-3.png

"Slow down," he calmly spoke while he approached Monika, quickly coming to notice her struggle, "We're in New York. As far as I can tell, it's real," he answered simply, nodding to Cassata.

@Jeremi @Yazzie @Bark @y'all
0x49s39colq01.png

Monika couldn't help but feel tears well up in the corners of her eyes, finally, she was free. She was free of that accursed hell that also doubled as a video game. She was free from being the only self aware thing in her world, she was no longer tied to a game script, she would no longer have to face that terrible void, all alone. She could feel, she could see, she could think......

All of this information was suddenly too much for the girl. She fell to the ground, her face covered by her hands. She began to sob uncontrollably, but it wasn't out of sorrow, it was relief.

"Finally, after all these years, I'm.....free." She muttered in between sobs

Lucian
@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @anyone​

Hey hey, take it easy, fellas. There's plenty of me to go around," he remarked with a demonstrative wobbling of his arms.

The Purifier was silent as Zac initially spoke. "Good one," Lucian deadpanned, seeming completely sarcastic, despite being relatively amused. It was hard for him to smile nowadays.
"I don't think you'd know a lot about Zaun, pal. You weren't there for very long," Zac nonchalantly raised a gooey finger before Lucian could instinctively pull another pistol on him. "But, hey, we're both out of our element on this one. Now, give me a sec to figure this out..."

"This isn't my city. This isn't Zaun. This isn't anywhere near it," the creature shot a look back at Lucian. "Do you know anything about this?"

The humour evaporated when Zac spoke again. Having holstered his weaponry, Lucian crossed his arms in protest. "You're right, I don't. But I've been around the block enough to know what kinds of things they do down there, and that's all that matters. And, much like Zaun, I don't know a whole lot about this place they call New York. However," he pointed to the red sky briefly, calling attention to the portal, "I know that we're here because of another bunch of ethereal abominations. That's all I really care about."

He gestured toward some of the doctors. "If you want to know more, you should take it up with them."

tumblr-inline-o0vlr0-Kz-Fs1rxsf53-100.png

"R-Right... It's me alright. My dreams haven't been quite the best either, so I'll take this one in stride," Ethan chuckled lightly as Grell practically danced in delight all around him. Certainly, she was more zealous than he remembered, but... it didn't quite change the fact that this phenomenon was pretty bizarre.

Like Grell did before him, Ethan swiftly moved to briefly pinch himself to make sure this wasn't some sort of hallucination, but indeed, this was all real. He did so, putting into account that the last time they met, it was like a dream... but the fact that she also referred to it as a dream could only mean that it was something more than just a dream. He had that kind of nagging feeling ever since he woke up from it, but this could only confirm it. Whatever happened back then was happening again, and for better or for worse, it seemed that the same suspects had returned, including himself.

Meaning whoever was behind it last time was most likely the same one orchestrating this situation here.

As the bespectacled man name-tagged "Egon" approached the two of them, Ethan let Grell respond to him, before the man pitched in his two cents. "What the lady said. Same exact set-up. People like us, some I recognize..." He started, gesturing toward Grell, Jack, and the masked boy (though there did seem to be something... off about him), "... but most I don't. Definitely, this has to be another dream, especially with... the company I have," Ethan went on, giving a sidelong glance toward Dear Lois, Zac, and others. It was strange to not even be so bothered by their appearances (a testament to all the macabre horrors he'd seen in his life, between the giant vampire from the last dream and the lord of evil himself back home), but if they weren't attacking anyone, he had no reason to attack in turn.

If anything, he was more perturbed by the notion that he had been flung into the future once again, just like last time. The year was... 1993? Right to the dot, that was just almost exactly 100 years in Ethan's future! He faintly remembered the brief confusion of the individual years exchanged between himself, Grell, the drunkard (what was his name again? Tristan? Travis? He missed that guy), and so on, but maybe the displacement mattered little when everyone was displaced. Still, a vision of the future was admittedly something Ethan couldn't help but be just a little impressed by, try as he might to hide it.

Still...

tumblr-inline-o0vlvs-HRnr1rxsf53-100.png

"Valentine's Day, huh? Not quite how I expected to be spending it. I don't really have much in the way to give for gifts right now, but..." Ethan began, before taking off his jacket, walking behind Jack and placing it over the girl's body, covering her up, "If it's this cold, you of all people should make sure to stay warm."

"... Did I... do this before?"

@Yun Lee @Crow @Jeremi @Peeps

0x49s39colq01.png

Monika couldn't help but feel tears well up in the corners of her eyes, finally, she was free. She was free of that accursed hell that also doubled as a video game. She was free from being the only self aware thing in her world, she was no longer tied to a game script, she would no longer have to face that terrible void, all alone. She could feel, she could see, she could think......

All of this information was suddenly too much for the girl. She fell to the ground, her face covered by her hands. She began to sob uncontrollably, but it wasn't out of sorrow, it was relief.

"Finally, after all these years, I'm.....free." She muttered in between sobs

Blinking in shock at Monika's response, Joker was powerless watching her collapse back into the snow. Opting not to intervene, he reached into his shirt pocket and pulled out a neatly folded handkerchief. Kneeling down, Joker wordlessly offered it to Monika.

@Yazzie @Bark @y'all

"For the time being then, I shall stay by your side, Master. You do not need to worry about supplying me with magical energy. I am capable of generating mana. The other Servants here, however, should find their Masters."

"Have you been summoned in some Holy Grail War before? Jack, do you remember any of this?"

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Ver @Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Minerva

"I can go a wrek without a Master. As long as I'm not here for longer, I should be alright. Besides....I do not think anyone here would be my Master for long." Serenity spoke up, turning to face MHXA. Though when the rest brought up the day being Valentine's day in 1993, she simply sighed. That was the day one gave chocolate to others that they liked, from what she remembered being told.

There was no joy at the thought, and why would there be? She couldn't enjoy such a thing, and besides, the most important thing was returning to Chaldeas as soon as possible.

@Alex Azure @Minerva @Jeremi

Theo Raeken

Theo had taken a few minutes to gather his bearings. " I mean, this is infinitely better than the dream. We don't have to deal with an evil killer doll. This seems to be a little before I was born. Kind of sucks that I'm not spending my first Valentine's Day with Deslin. It was supposed to be today," he said. He looked over at Grell, Ethan and Jack who hadn't acknowledged him yet. Maybe it was the fact that the last time they saw him he was clean-shaven in the dream.

And now he had the starting growth of a light brown beard and a slight shorter haircut. "
I know styles and face changes, but pretty sure I sound the same. Same guy who shot the doll dead."

@Crow @Yun Lee @Ver @Everyone

"How peculiar...those who were part of that last dream seem to be growing in number." Grell couldn't help but smile as Theo mentioned how he'd been the one to off that...thing. Well, whatever. Out of sight, out of mind. There was no time to dwell on the past, but the present.

But wait... "Did you say Delsin? He was that boy you kissed back in the dream, yes?" Did that mean... "Did the two of you meet...outside the dream?"

@Ver @Lucky @Crow @Jeremi

Theo Raeken

Theo had taken note that there was a lot of people from the dream. " That does seem to be the case," he said, smiling back, knowing that nobody had liked the doll and nobody had minded that he had murdered him. Actually, it was the first time people were happy he had killed things.

" Yup, Deslin the boy that I kissed in the dream. I did meet him outside of the dream. First in a strange city and then on a barren waste land, we met in the strangest places and kissed some more." He left it there, though his grin implied it might had been more than kissing.

@Ver @Crow @Jeremi @Yun Lee

Blinking in shock at Monika's response, Joker was powerless watching her collapse back into the snow. Opting not to intervene, he reached into his shirt pocket and pulled out a neatly folded handkerchief. Kneeling down, Joker wordlessly offered it to Monika.

@Yazzie @Bark @y'all

Monika sensed a presence next as she sat in the snow. She looked up and noticed Joker offering her a handkerchief. She offered him a small smile and took it from him. "Thank you....you're a sweetheart." She said warmly as she cleaned her face. She took a minute to gather herself, taking a few deep breaths, before exhaling slowly. She looked up at him.

" I'm sorry...I don't think I formally introduced myself before I uh.....you know......anywho, my name is Monika." Monika said brightly.

@Bark

Monika sensed a presence next as she sat in the snow. She looked up and noticed Joker offering her a handkerchief. She offered him a small smile and took it from him. "Thank you....you're a sweetheart." She said warmly as she cleaned her face. She took a minute to gather herself, taking a few deep breaths, before exhaling slowly. She looked up at him.

" I'm sorry...I don't think I formally introduced myself before I uh.....you know......anywho, my name is Monika." Monika said brightly.

@Bark

"Don't mention it," Joker humbly replied, returning Monika's smile, "Call me Joker," he added, extending a helping hand.

@Yazzie @Bark @y'all

Lucky... Grell didn't really bother with envy, though, as this at least affirmed something. "It's nice to know we were all real, then. I know I'm quite imaginitive, but not even I could pull off creating so many colorful characters!" And that meant everyone here, too, was real. A small part of her was brmoaning how little she paid attention near the end of the dream, but hey. She was in mourning. "Why, Theo dear...do you happen to remember anything about the end of that dream? Why it happened, why we all got dragged in...anything like that?"

@Lucky @Ver @Crow @Jeremi

Jack was now double-coated.
Her Presence Concealment had been raised!

"Technically, you only dreamt of doing it, this is the first time," she said to Ethan with a grin.

OfJTR4m.png

Jack turns to Theo. "That doll taints the concept of serial killers. And he tried to kick us down a ditch. And a lot of things, really. Whenever Mother was beside us, we did not have to worry about the mean doll coming back. We don't want to fight him in whatever Grail War comes after.

Like before, we were seperated from mother. We found her when we awakened from the dream, but now, we have lost her once more."

@Lucky @Ver @Crow @Jeremi @Yun Lee

tumblr-inline-o0vm0h-Gz691rxsf53-100.png

"Oh, you. What was it again? ... Theo? The two of you hit it off, huh? Guess someone managed to make it a good dream at least," Ethan said, giving a soft wave to Theo. What were the chances that those two would be able to meet up again outside the dream? Sounded pretty romantic when you put it on paper like that, and that was reason enough for Ethan to drop it in his head.

Then again, the next topic wasn't all that delightful either.

"In any case... I suppose it's just a stroke of luck that of all of us who got sucked into this... peculiar situation again, at least that thing didn't follow us. 'Course, at least now we'd know to instantly tear him apart," he said, placing a hand on Jack's shoulder in a comforting manner, "He won't be hurting you, or anyone else, ever again."

With that, as though hoping to veer the conversation elsewhere, the man cleared his throat. "Anyway... I don't know where your mother might be, but in the meantime, I'll take care of you. And I'll... try not to die this time. Scout's honor."

"By the way..." He started again, gesturing toward Serenity and the Alter Servant, "Friends of yours, Jack? Seems like you kinda know each other."

@Yun Lee @Crow @Jeremi @Lucky

@Alex Azure @Takumi

"Ugh...I suppose that awful thing is the elephant in the room, isn't it? Awful creature, stabbing me in the leg and insulting me at every opportunity! Oh, if only my death scythe hadn't been taken from me!" With a flourish, Grell revealed her beloved death scythe, which those of modern era would recognize as a chainsaw.

black_butler__grell_s_chainsaw_by_missaliciahart-d92fsnz.png

"That little abomination would be nothing but toothpicks had my darling been with me!"

@Crow @Ver @Lucky @Jeremi

Lucian - Prologue

The infamous green glow of Thresh filled Lucian's vision, and he promptly aimed his ancient pistols at the monstrosity. It must have been years since he last saw him. But he wouldn't escape again this time, like he did in Bilgewater. "You've got nowhere to run now, Thresh! You should've left while you still had the chance. This ends here!" he declared with conviction. He gripped his weapons harder, wanting to hear the wraith's response before finally ending his long-overdue life. Except, all he did was laugh and cackle at the mortal before him, presumably a final attempt to bring Lucian more mental pain while he still could.

Lucian willed his pistols to shoot with every ounce of his being, fully intending to blot out the rotting stain of the earth, and most importantly, end the suffering of his wife, Senna, who had spent agonizing years imprisoned within Thresh's lantern. He yelled at the top of his lungs as he did so, allowing long-suppressed emotions to come flowing out. The searing light of his guns increased in intensity, responding to the pure anguish of its owner. The green spirit fell over, a sizzling mess of bone.

But none of that actually happened.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @anyone

Lucian awoke and stood up groggily, holding his head with one hand. His sharp eyes glanced around, showing only mild surprise at his unusual surroundings. His expression then hardened back to his usual scowl, realizing that everything that had just transpired was merely another recurring dream (in contrast to some of the group, who thought that they were dreaming at that moment), and he was no longer in Runeterra, according to the doctors who had confronted him and the other unfortunate victims. "Lucian," he replied simply as introductions occurred, his mind instead focused on taking in the new surroundings and conversations.

There's a chill in the air. But it's not the weather, he thought to himself. Indeed, he was familiar with the atmosphere here. The dead did not sleep quietly. He checked his holsters, the guns' presence relieving his growing anxiety.

Lucian instinctively drew one of the pistols at the strange mass, then lowered the weapon. The familiar stench of Zaun invaded his nose, but he'd encountered worse things before. "I hope you're not some failed science experiment to bring someone back to life," he mused. "Zaun's pretty famous for that."

The appearance of a... brainy lady made his heart skip a beat as well, and he had almost pointed a gun at her as he did with Zac, but she didn't seem that evil despite her looks. In fact, a lot of people here gave off contradicting auras, no doubt because he wasn't used to encountering otherworldly beings. He'd give them the benefit of the doubt until he was sure they needed to be purified.​

Just as he thought.

"Ghosts again? They just never get tired of dyin'..." He glanced at the red sky for a moment. "Yeah, I've got supernatural expertise. A little too much, I'd say," he continued, unholstering his weapons and bringing them into view.

BFaaRlx.png

"These pistols right here'll put anything in the grave for good. You can count on that. I've got some unfinished business to take care of, so the sooner we get to the bottom of this, the better."

Ray's eyes widened as he looked at the pistols Lucian procured. "Wow! They just look like guns! How do they work? Is it magic? Are they enchanted?" This particular Ghostbuster seemed to be quite excitable when it came to new technology.

@Ottonomous Ghost

Zac smirked as best as he could, holding up his hands in an overwhelmed motion towards the white-haired stranger and the one who drew a pistol on him. This was a situation that he found himself in many, many times. "Hey hey, take it easy, fellas. There's plenty of me to go around," he remarked with a demonstrative wobbling of his arms. "I'm... well, uh, give me a second to remember exactly what I am."

The mass closed his eyes, raising a hand to where it's chin would be and cupping it thoughtfully and remaining eerily silent for a few moments. Then, Zac opened his eyes, a pair of yellow spheres glowering at Lucian.

"I don't think you'd know a lot about Zaun, pal. You weren't there for very long,"
Zac nonchalantly raised a gooey finger before Lucian could instinctively pull another pistol on him. "But, hey, we're both out of our element on this one. Now, give me a sec to figure this out..."

Zac lumbered himself forward, his mass sloshing around with every step as his membrane inhales the chemicals of New York City. It wasn't Zaun. It... was foreign. Zac's slime bristled at the unfamiliar emotions that suddenly intruded upon his mind at the single absorption of a puddle of water. Everyone that had stepped upon that puddle seemed to appear within Zac's mind all at once, with the thoughts and feelings they had at that very moment becoming visible upon his shifting membrane.

"This isn't my city. This isn't Zaun. This isn't anywhere near it,"
the creature shot a look back at Lucian. "Do you know anything about this?"

@Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @anyone​

Hector listened to the two talk looking quite confused to what the slime was talking. "It would appear that you found a fellow native," If he was friendly Hector couldn't really say. As Hector listened on he realized there was something he could do. A dark ethereal light formed in his hand and from it emerged what some would recognize as a small fairy. "Scout ahead, tell me what you find."

The fairy nodded and with a wink of its eye it flew off daring the cold winter winds to follow its masters orders.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT

"I have experience fighting ghosts, as well as demons and angels." She said with a smile and a laugh.

@Anyone​

Ray was still busy inspecting Lucian's guns but Venkman didn't pass up an opportunity to get a word in. "I bet, you tell them to go away extra nicely?"

@Minerva

tumblr-inline-o0vlr0-Kz-Fs1rxsf53-100.png

"R-Right... It's me alright. My dreams haven't been quite the best either, so I'll take this one in stride," Ethan chuckled lightly as Grell practically danced in delight all around him. Certainly, she was more zealous than he remembered, but... it didn't quite change the fact that this phenomenon was pretty bizarre.

Like Grell did before him, Ethan swiftly moved to briefly pinch himself to make sure this wasn't some sort of hallucination, but indeed, this was all real. He did so, putting into account that the last time they met, it was like a dream... but the fact that she also referred to it as a dream could only mean that it was something more than just a dream. He had that kind of nagging feeling ever since he woke up from it, but this could only confirm it. Whatever happened back then was happening again, and for better or for worse, it seemed that the same suspects had returned, including himself.

Meaning whoever was behind it last time was most likely the same one orchestrating this situation here.

As the bespectacled man name-tagged "Egon" approached the two of them, Ethan let Grell respond to him, before the man pitched in his two cents. "What the lady said. Same exact set-up. People like us, some I recognize..." He started, gesturing toward Grell, Jack, and the masked boy (though there did seem to be something... off about him), "... but most I don't. Definitely, this has to be another dream, especially with... the company I have," Ethan went on, giving a sidelong glance toward Dear Lois, Zac, and others. It was strange to not even be so bothered by their appearances (a testament to all the macabre horrors he'd seen in his life, between the giant vampire from the last dream and the lord of evil himself back home), but if they weren't attacking anyone, he had no reason to attack in turn.

If anything, he was more perturbed by the notion that he had been flung into the future once again, just like last time. The year was... 1993? Right to the dot, that was just almost exactly 100 years in Ethan's future! He faintly remembered the brief confusion of the individual years exchanged between himself, Grell, the drunkard (what was his name again? Tristan? Travis? He missed that guy), and so on, but maybe the displacement mattered little when everyone was displaced. Still, a vision of the future was admittedly something Ethan couldn't help but be just a little impressed by, try as he might to hide it.

Still...

tumblr-inline-o0vlvs-HRnr1rxsf53-100.png

"Valentine's Day, huh? Not quite how I expected to be spending it. I don't really have much in the way to give for gifts right now, but..." Ethan began, before taking off his jacket, walking behind Jack and placing it over the girl's body, covering her up, "If it's this cold, you of all people should make sure to stay warm."

"... Did I... do this before?"

@Yun Lee @Crow @Jeremi @Peeps

Egon nodded. "Then we're clearly on to something bigger then the usual dimensional displacement." He said this as the P.K.E. Meter went over Ethan. "Sounds like your last trip was highly disorienting. Dream related kidnappings usually are."

"Ugh...I suppose that awful thing is the elephant in the room, isn't it? Awful creature, stabbing me in the leg and insulting me at every opportunity! Oh, if only my death scythe hadn't been taken from me!" With a flourish, Grell revealed her beloved death scythe, which those of modern era would recognize as a chainsaw.

black_butler__grell_s_chainsaw_by_missaliciahart-d92fsnz.png

"That little abomination would be nothing but toothpicks had my darling been with me!"

@Crow @Ver @Lucky @Jeremi

"I'm sorry, your what now?" Winston had been quiet for a moment trying to take all of this in. It wasn't like multiversal travelers were anything new but...this bunch seemed to be something else.

Egon's eyes also turned to Grell and her weapon. "I assume you're a form of Grim Reaper? Another Ghostbuster from another world played chess for my soul against another Reaper recently...but we don't have time to unpack that any further."

@Crow @Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee

Hazel raised her eyebrows at Cassata, who was a stranger, and yet, had offered a muffler to her. Taking it reluctantly, Hazel began examining it to see if there wasn't anything weird on it or anything. She couldn't quite understand. Why would a stranger do this for a girl she's never even met? Surely, there were ulterior motives, right? Neveraless, the little girl was freezing, and that muffler was comfy. Wrapping it right around her neck tightly, Hazel put on a smile.
"Thanks."

She felt like she should say something else...Ah, right! If she hadn't seen him around before, and he looked weird (okay, less weirder then some of these other weirdos here.), then it should be obvious to a non-freezing Hazel! Questions!

"Also, I was wondering, but are you a cosplayer? Or is that normal garb where you come from?"
@Bark

Am..erica? That's a strange name for a place? Although admittably, it rolled off the tongue and it was quite a pretty name. Wonder what it meant? Still, the air here was horrible and the temperature even moreso. She would take her own town anyday. She just wished how she came here...and how to get back to her perfect town.

Hazel's eyes fell to a few kids, just like her. And as far as she saw, they were all around her age (if not quite a bit older), and besides, it was better then talking to uh...some of these other people.

"Uh...simulation? Are you from a prison thingy or something? No, I suppose not...you have a school uniform. Where are you from? You're so similar to uh...someone I know. But I've never seen you, or that uniform. So, are you from some country that you wanted to get out of? Which country, exactly."

Hazel winced internally at her interview skills. Man, she needed some hot chocolate and some mittens, because there way no way she could record stuff right now.
@Yazzie

Theo Raeken

" In all honesty, I only got a brief understanding of the why. Apparently he wanted to use our nightmares for so some sort of power or something. Whatever reason he had, the other side who showed up scarred him enough to wake us up."
He turnes to Jack." I agree with you fully. Thankfully he isn't here this time. I guess something good did happen. But now we're here. What kind of ghosts have you been getting?" Theo asked.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Jeremi

Prologue - On hold

new-york-city-streets-on-a-snowy-night-vivienne-gucwa.jpg

The weather was cold and snow was starting to fall from the sky in increasing volumes. Most of the streets were empty which was peculiar for an evening in New York. The news was talking about the city being hit by the worst snow storm in over 30 years, but even then, that wouldn’t cause the streets to be completely quiet of either car or pedestrian.

Perhaps the ongoing ghost invasion had something to do with it? All of it started as the very skies themselves turned red as a portal emerged above the city sending out a massive surge of ghastly apparitions on the unsuspecting populace. The resident experts, the Ghostbusters, had been called on by the mayor to try and get everything under control, but even by calling in practically everyone that could help they were still falling short.

On top of that they just received a call about a freak electrical storm over at 550 Central Park West. The Shandor building created as a portal to other realms and the stage where the Ghostbusters first big battle was fought. Leaving the ongoing fight against the ghosts to their allies with the use of their trusty Ecto-1 the group drove through the empty city streets. While the snow was starting to fall more and more the roads were for the time being still usable.

Soon enough they arrived at the address to a peculiar scene. The streets were clean of any snow and the only thing around were a group of people laying in the middle of the street. The gang could tell that something weird was going on.

“You guys okay there?” One of the men jumped out of the car.

“Yeah Ray, they’re just lying in the middle of the street trying to catch some sun.” Another one responded in a sarcastic tone. “You thinking what I’m thinking this is?”

A man with glasses and a pompadour holding a device of some sort made his appearance. “If you’re thinking visitors from another world, then yes. The P.K.E. meter is showing a heavy dose of paranormal activity.”

”There any turtles?” The final one asked looking around before adding. “Or one of us?”

“Don’t think so let me get closer,” The man called Ray moved closer to where the people were now slowly waking up and getting up from the street. “Greetings gentle travelers from beyond the cosmos. I am Dr Ray Stanz and these are my colleagues, Dr Egon Spengler,” He motioned towards the man with the glasses who seemed too busy with his device to give anyone a response. “Dr Peter Venkman,” Venkman gave the gathered group finger guns and a wink. “And Winston Zeddemore.” Winston gave them all a wave.

“Now I understand you might all be in slight discomfort and potentially be suffering from either mental or physical ailments…but do you know how any of you got here?”

A loaded question and one not easy to answer. Your mind was hazy and the only thing you could remember was a flashing light before you now found yourself here.

Venkman smirked as he made his way closer. “Well whatever the case is you’re in luck. The Ghostbusters are on the case.” His smile didn’t fill any of you with confidence but at least they seemed to be professionals in...something?

It was probably going to be fine.

Cast list:

@Archmage Jeremiah as Akira Kurusu
@Bark as Cassata
@Ver as Ethan Chandler
@Hahli Nuva as Furia
@Yun Lee as Grell Sutcliff
@Takumi as Hassan of Serenity
@MelodyMeister as Hazel Halfpenny
@Crow as Jack the Ripper
@dark as Lt. John Dunbar
@Minerva as Li-Ming
@Ottonomous Ghost as Lucian
@Yazzie as Monika
@Alex Azure as Mysterious Heroine X Alter
@Gummi Bunnies as Penelope Dormi
@Atomic Knight as Shuichi Saihara
@Lucky as Theo Raeken
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as ZAC
Prologue:
Jim Corrigan in:
The Green in the Snow
250px-Jim_Corrigan.png

"New York... 1993..."

A city of lights and fog, dressed up to the nines in a fresh coat of snow. Cold. Wet. Dark. No amount of street lights or starts could distract him from the blackness of the canopy that hung above them.

The night, a specter of sin.

Even as a boy, Corrigan had no love for cities such as this. They always seemed to bring back memories, stirring emotions he would rather leave buried alongside his mortal body. New York's alien silence burned into Jim's ears like the devil's purest poison, stirring him mind and forging a new strain of sickness within him; reminiscence, a nostalgia for a city that was not his own.

There was something about the postcard-peace and the endless roads seemed so easy to get lost in. It called to his humanity, its gaze intoxicating and its native illusive. No wonder the dead walked so freely; in a city like New York, who would need Heaven or Hell?

It was the kind of town a fella could go to to forget his unfortunate fate.

Corrigan banished such thoughts. He had been given a task to complete, and, in God's name, it was to be completed, with or without him. He flicked the flickers of snow from the lips of his sleeve and drifted to his feet, placing his surroundings aside for a heart beat to center himself.

"What's this about Ghosts?" Jim interjected abruptly, staring directly at their resident 'experts'. He had no intention on wasting time on pleasantries. "When did they start appearing? What events led up to their arrival?"

@Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Minerva @Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Jeremi @Yazzie @all

The last thing Furia knew was that she had been in The Abyss, searching for her long lost sister, Seris.

Before she could find her, however, she had found herself transported by The Pyre to a diferent realm that needed purification. Not one to question The Pyre's will, The Angel of Veangence descended upon this metal and concrete bastion of sin. As she spread her holy wings and took to the night sky, Furia could sense the sheer evil radiating from the city below her, eventually landing near an assortmant of characters.

The former Seris native came down like a meteor, crashing onto the ground like a fireball from Heaven. Furia unfurled her wings, Pyre Blade in hand as she stood to her full height.

"And what do we have here?"

@Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee @Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Archmage Jeremiah @Crow @Yazzie @All

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back