Status
Not open for further replies.
Once Monika collapsed, Cassata's face softened and he seemed grateful someone else offered her a respite to that. He tipped his head absently. "Sometimes we can't help ourselves. It doesn't seem like it's your fault anyway." He understood, in a way - sometimes he felt like letting go. By both of their names it didn't seem like they were food spirits, that was a relief somewhat.
He turned to the other girl who he'd offer the muffler to.
"Hey, it's not a problem. Wouldn't be any good if you were in a brand new place and got sick already." Laughing, he glanced down at his clothes. "I'm not a cosplayer, but even these are a little unusual for where I'm from."
@Yazzie @MelodyMeister @Archmage Jeremiah

"Don't mention it," Joker humbly replied, returning Monika's smile, "Call me Joker," he added, extending a helping hand.

@Yazzie @Bark @y'all
Hazel raised her eyebrows at Cassata, who was a stranger, and yet, had offered a muffler to her. Taking it reluctantly, Hazel began examining it to see if there wasn't anything weird on it or anything. She couldn't quite understand. Why would a stranger do this for a girl she's never even met? Surely, there were ulterior motives, right? Neveraless, the little girl was freezing, and that muffler was comfy. Wrapping it right around her neck tightly, Hazel put on a smile.
"Thanks."

She felt like she should say something else...Ah, right! If she hadn't seen him around before, and he looked weird (okay, less weirder then some of these other weirdos here.), then it should be obvious to a non-freezing Hazel! Questions!

"Also, I was wondering, but are you a cosplayer? Or is that normal garb where you come from?"
@Bark

Am..erica? That's a strange name for a place? Although admittably, it rolled off the tongue and it was quite a pretty name. Wonder what it meant? Still, the air here was horrible and the temperature even moreso. She would take her own town anyday. She just wished how she came here...and how to get back to her perfect town.

Hazel's eyes fell to a few kids, just like her. And as far as she saw, they were all around her age (if not quite a bit older), and besides, it was better then talking to uh...some of these other people.

"Uh...simulation? Are you from a prison thingy or something? No, I suppose not...you have a school uniform. Where are you from? You're so similar to uh...someone I know. But I've never seen you, or that uniform. So, are you from some country that you wanted to get out of? Which country, exactly."

Hazel winced internally at her interview skills. Man, she needed some hot chocolate and some mittens, because there way no way she could record stuff right now.
@Yazzie
Monika couldn't help but feel much warmer when Joker offered to help her up. She took his hand and braced her self. To be honest, she wasn't sure how long it would take to get used to walking, she would get the handle on it eventually, but for the time being, she may as well been on ice skates. She slowly rose to her feet once more, her legs seemingly fighting against her. She stood fully up, not being able to stop smiling like a doofus. Could you blame her though?

Suddenly, she felt herself starting to lose her balance, panicking, she reached out and grabbed Joker's arm, holding on for dear life. Once she steadied herself once more, she glanced over at Joker, giving him a coy smile.

ddlc_monika_early.png

"Ah...sorry about grabbing your arm like that.....I'm not used walking just yet." She said somewhat nervously

When Monika noticed Hazel asking about her origin, Monika looked confused.

"I'm not technically from any country....I mean, If I had to say where I'm from I guess I would say Japan." She answered

@MelodyMeister
@Bark
@everyone

Last edited:
"North America, New York, 1993? Definitely not London," Jack ponders, then turns to Grell and Ethan.

32jZ16p.jpg

"It seems that you remember us, the same way we remember you, Grell, Ethan... The ones who share our title vary in shape and form, but we will always be us, the very same Jack-"

As Mysterious Heroine X Alter gives an enquiry, Jack replies, "oh, no no, not a Holy Grail War. A different kind of summoning. In fact, we believe we were summoned away from a Holy Grail War, then sent back to it after it was over."

Jack was then silent, before realising something.

"Wait, Febuary 14th? That's Valentine's Day! We haven't gotten anything for mother yet!"

@Crow @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Alex Azure

@Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Minerva
Grell soured a bit, as the girl mentioned her name. That's right...she had said back then that she was Jack the Ripper, which simply wasn't true! It was quite painful, seeing some child take all the credit for her own hard work, but if Ethan knew the truth, well...perhaps some secrets were better left unknown.

"Well, yes. I must admit, it's nice to see a few familiar faces and not...others." But as the subject changed to Valentine's, Grell sighed wistfully.

grell-gif-9.gif

"Oh my...a snowy Valentine's night with New York City all to ourselves? I take it all back. I never want to wake up!"

@Crow @Ver @Jeremi @Anyonelol​
"I can go a wrek without a Master. As long as I'm not here for longer, I should be alright. Besides....I do not think anyone here would be my Master for long." Serenity spoke up, turning to face MHXA. Though when the rest brought up the day being Valentine's day in 1993, she simply sighed. That was the day one gave chocolate to others that they liked, from what she remembered being told.

There was no joy at the thought, and why would there be? She couldn't enjoy such a thing, and besides, the most important thing was returning to Chaldeas as soon as possible.

@Alex Azure @Minerva @Jeremi

"So we've been summoned away from where we once were, to here on Valentine's Day. Perhaps that means we will find a way to return to Chaldeas. I wonder if Master would give me chocolates if I told her it was Valentine's Day."

Her mouth watered at the idea of receiving chocolates from Ritsuka. She munched on another bit of her bean paste to try and satisfy her sweet tooth.

tumblr-inline-o0vlr0-Kz-Fs1rxsf53-100.png

"R-Right... It's me alright. My dreams haven't been quite the best either, so I'll take this one in stride," Ethan chuckled lightly as Grell practically danced in delight all around him. Certainly, she was more zealous than he remembered, but... it didn't quite change the fact that this phenomenon was pretty bizarre.

Like Grell did before him, Ethan swiftly moved to briefly pinch himself to make sure this wasn't some sort of hallucination, but indeed, this was all real. He did so, putting into account that the last time they met, it was like a dream... but the fact that she also referred to it as a dream could only mean that it was something more than just a dream. He had that kind of nagging feeling ever since he woke up from it, but this could only confirm it. Whatever happened back then was happening again, and for better or for worse, it seemed that the same suspects had returned, including himself.

Meaning whoever was behind it last time was most likely the same one orchestrating this situation here.

As the bespectacled man name-tagged "Egon" approached the two of them, Ethan let Grell respond to him, before the man pitched in his two cents. "What the lady said. Same exact set-up. People like us, some I recognize..." He started, gesturing toward Grell, Jack, and the masked boy (though there did seem to be something... off about him), "... but most I don't. Definitely, this has to be another dream, especially with... the company I have," Ethan went on, giving a sidelong glance toward Dear Lois, Zac, and others. It was strange to not even be so bothered by their appearances (a testament to all the macabre horrors he'd seen in his life, between the giant vampire from the last dream and the lord of evil himself back home), but if they weren't attacking anyone, he had no reason to attack in turn.

If anything, he was more perturbed by the notion that he had been flung into the future once again, just like last time. The year was... 1993? Right to the dot, that was just almost exactly 100 years in Ethan's future! He faintly remembered the brief confusion of the individual years exchanged between himself, Grell, the drunkard (what was his name again? Tristan? Travis? He missed that guy), and so on, but maybe the displacement mattered little when everyone was displaced. Still, a vision of the future was admittedly something Ethan couldn't help but be just a little impressed by, try as he might to hide it.

Still...

tumblr-inline-o0vlvs-HRnr1rxsf53-100.png

"Valentine's Day, huh? Not quite how I expected to be spending it. I don't really have much in the way to give for gifts right now, but..." Ethan began, before taking off his jacket, walking behind Jack and placing it over the girl's body, covering her up, "If it's this cold, you of all people should make sure to stay warm."

"... Did I... do this before?"

@Yun Lee @Crow @Jeremi @Peeps
Jack was now double-coated.

Her Presence Concealment had been raised!

"Technically, you only dreamt of doing it, this is the first time," she said to Ethan with a grin.

OfJTR4m.png

Jack turns to Theo. "That doll taints the concept of serial killers. And he tried to kick us down a ditch. And a lot of things, really. Whenever Mother was beside us, we did not have to worry about the mean doll coming back. We don't want to fight him in whatever Grail War comes after.

Like before, we were seperated from mother. We found her when we awakened from the dream, but now, we have lost her once more."

@Lucky @Ver @Crow @Jeremi @Yun Lee
tumblr-inline-o0vm0h-Gz691rxsf53-100.png

"Oh, you. What was it again? ... Theo? The two of you hit it off, huh? Guess someone managed to make it a good dream at least," Ethan said, giving a soft wave to Theo. What were the chances that those two would be able to meet up again outside the dream? Sounded pretty romantic when you put it on paper like that, and that was reason enough for Ethan to drop it in his head.

Then again, the next topic wasn't all that delightful either.

"In any case... I suppose it's just a stroke of luck that of all of us who got sucked into this... peculiar situation again, at least that thing didn't follow us. 'Course, at least now we'd know to instantly tear him apart," he said, placing a hand on Jack's shoulder in a comforting manner, "He won't be hurting you, or anyone else, ever again."

With that, as though hoping to veer the conversation elsewhere, the man cleared his throat. "Anyway... I don't know where your mother might be, but in the meantime, I'll take care of you. And I'll... try not to die this time. Scout's honor."

"By the way..." He started again, gesturing toward Serenity and the Alter Servant, "Friends of yours, Jack? Seems like you kinda know each other."

@Yun Lee @Crow @Jeremi @Lucky

@Alex Azure @Takumi

MHXA did her best to follow along with the discussion happening between those who had experienced this phenomenon before. Even then, she still ended up a little lost.

"I haven't met Jack before today. I do not believe that she is from the same time I am. My Master has many servants, but I don't believe she is one of them. You however..." she turns to speak with Serenity, "Perhaps I've seen you around before? Chaldeas is a big place, and Master has many servants. We haven't all met personally."

@Yun Lee @Crow @Lucky @Ver

@Takumi @Minerva @Jeremi

tumblr-inline-o0vm0h-Gz691rxsf53-100.png

"Oh, you. What was it again? ... Theo? The two of you hit it off, huh? Guess someone managed to make it a good dream at least," Ethan said, giving a soft wave to Theo. What were the chances that those two would be able to meet up again outside the dream? Sounded pretty romantic when you put it on paper like that, and that was reason enough for Ethan to drop it in his head.

Then again, the next topic wasn't all that delightful either.

"In any case... I suppose it's just a stroke of luck that of all of us who got sucked into this... peculiar situation again, at least that thing didn't follow us. 'Course, at least now we'd know to instantly tear him apart," he said, placing a hand on Jack's shoulder in a comforting manner, "He won't be hurting you, or anyone else, ever again."

With that, as though hoping to veer the conversation elsewhere, the man cleared his throat. "Anyway... I don't know where your mother might be, but in the meantime, I'll take care of you. And I'll... try not to die this time. Scout's honor."

"By the way..." He started again, gesturing toward Serenity and the Alter Servant, "Friends of yours, Jack? Seems like you kinda know each other."

@Yun Lee @Crow @Jeremi @Lucky

@Alex Azure @Takumi

"I don't know Jack, but from what I've heard the three of us are Servants brought here for unknown reasons." Serenity spoke to Ethan with a slight tilt of her head.

"I'm unsure of us being from the exact same place, since it seems a bit unlikely. Neither of them seem too familiar, from what I can remember before coming here, but I never actively tried to interact with other Servants before this..." She added. She simply stuck to the shadows and kept her distance for the most part, because it was risky to touch and be touched by others without poisoning them. She likely wouldn't bring that up unless necessary anyway.

"So we've been summoned away from where we once were, to here on Valentine's Day. Perhaps that means we will find a way to return to Chaldeas. I wonder if Master would give me chocolates if I told her it was Valentine's Day."

Her mouth watered at the idea of receiving chocolates from Ritsuka. She munched on another bit of her bean paste to try and satisfy her sweet tooth.

MHXA did her best to follow along with the discussion happening between those who had experienced this phenomenon before. Even then, she still ended up a little lost.

"I haven't met Jack before today. I do not believe that she is from the same time I am. My Master has many servants, but I don't believe she is one of them. You however..." she turns to speak with Serenity, "Perhaps I've seen you around before? Chaldeas is a big place, and Master has many servants. We haven't all met personally."

@Takumi @Minerva @Jeremi

"Perhaps we have, though at most it was likely in passing. I tend to keep to myself." Serenity answered with a small frown as her attention returned to Alter. It was a bit hard to remember all of the faces of the servants she's been in proximity to, other than a select few at least.

"What does Master call you?" She asked then, not quite sure what to do with the conversation from here, but keeping note of things such as Grell speaking about her "death scythe".

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Crow @Alex Azure

tumblr-inline-o0vlpv-P9-To1rxsf53-100.png

"... Right. Of course. How could I have gotten it wrong?" Ethan could only sigh, as though the girls' explanations didn't exactly clear anything up for him. How in tarnation was he supposed to know what they were talking about? Especially since these little girls were talking so casually about being "Servants" and having "Masters" like they were part of some creepy cult or so.

... Speaking of which, why are there so many little girls around here?

"Little girls talking about their Masters at that... I'm not... I don't... Okay," he murmured, not sure if he exactly wanted to know. Even so though, he did have a passing thought as he gazed upon Serenity. "What are you doing dressed like that anyway? Aren't you cold? Maybe I shoulda covered you up if Jack already had a coat..." Ethan idly said, before looking down at Jack as though nonverbally asking her what she thought.

@Crow @Yun Lee @Takumi @Alex Azure @Jeremi

Lucian
@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @anyone​

The Purifier was silent as Zac initially spoke. "Good one," Lucian deadpanned, seeming completely sarcastic, despite being relatively amused. It was hard for him to smile nowadays.

The humour evaporated when Zac spoke again. Having holstered his weaponry, Lucian crossed his arms in protest. "You're right, I don't. But I've been around the block enough to know what kinds of things they do down there, and that's all that matters. And, much like Zaun, I don't know a whole lot about this place they call New York. However," he pointed to the red sky briefly, calling attention to the portal, "I know that we're here because of another bunch of ethereal abominations. That's all I really care about."

He gestured toward some of the doctors. "If you want to know more, you should take it up with them."

Zac kept his eyes narrow as he listened to Lucian's claims about his city. For as little as Zac knew about this guy, he sure wasn't the best at giving off good first impressions.

As Zac continued to rebuild his memory following this strange awakening in the sewers of this 'New York,' he'd have to be the first one to agree with the Purifier. The thoughts and emotions of Zaun's best and worst coming flowing through the pipes, as do the brief bits and pieces he picks up from his past. The formalities and intricate relationships that humans share with one another don't concern him, but the consequences of their actions are ugly enough for everyone to see.

... Damn, I'm starting to sound like Dad.

Zac cast a look up to the red sky, planting his hands on his hips. "This one looks outta my league, if I'm being honest. But... if what you're saying is true, we gotta figure out how to get back to... 'our' place." Zac mused with a more earnest tone, frowning at the thought of losing sight of Zaun after just remembering what he is. His parents wouldn't want him to be slacking off in some 'New York' place without a plan.

A plan... he needs 'friends' for that. Allies or something, at least. That's a tall order in a place full of freaks and geeks from places that the humble ooze would never have a chance of recognizing. It'll be impossible to find someone willing to work on the same wavelength of someone of his... situation.

Or is it? The slime monster looked to the grim purifier that he had been speaking to, his broad and wicked grin returning to him.

View attachment 3608

"Hey, buddy. You don't look like a guy with a lot of friends. Weeeeeeell, do I have news for you!"

Zac plants a gooey hand on his own center mass, his 'muscles' flexing outward and making him appear large and halfway presentable.

"We're friends now!"

@Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Whoever

"Oh, all right!"

Serenity would find a large red coat tossed on her, its owner flipping her hair. "Be careful with that, little girl. It's a designer's item, you know." It wasn't like Grell wore her coat for the weather, so letting this one borrow it to use for practicality wasn't as bad. Even if it killed her look, it seemed Ethan responded to chivalry anyway, so why not make a good impression? And besides, letting a girl freeze when all she was trying to do was please her Master? It stood against romance itself!

@Takumi @Ver @Crow @Alex Azure @Jeremi

"... Right. Of course. How could I have gotten it wrong?" Ethan could only sigh, as though the girls' explanations didn't exactly clear anything up for him. How in tarnation was he supposed to know what they were talking about? Especially since these little girls were talking so casually about being "Servants" and having "Masters" like they were part of some creepy cult or so.

"Little girls talking about their Masters at that... I'm not... I don't... Okay," he murmured, not sure if he exactly wanted to know. Even so though, he did have a passing thought as he gazed upon Serenity. "What are you doing dressed like that anyway? Aren't you cold? Maybe I shoulda covered you up if Jack already had a coat..." Ethan idly said, before looking down at Jack as though nonverbally asking her what she thought.

"This is simply how I dress." She answered, believing it to be the simplest answer she could give before adding almost solemnly, "It's best not to touch me. All who come near me die." The only exception was Ritsuka, as far as Serenity was willing to find out anyway.

"I'm not cold, so you don't have to worry." She added.

"Oh, all right!"

Serenity would find a large red coat tossed on her, its owner flipping her hair. "Be careful with that, little girl. It's a designer's item, you know." It wasn't like Grell wore her coat for the weather, so letting this one borrow it to use for practicality wasn't as bad. Even if it killed her look, it seemed Ethan responded to chivalry anyway, so why not make a good impression? And besides, letting a girl freeze when all she was trying to do was please her Master? It stood against romance itself!

@Takumi @Ver @Crow @Alex Azure @Jeremi

"!" Serenity was surpised, before turning to look at Grell through the mask she wore, still shocked.

"...Thank you." She finally spoke and put on the coat with a smile. Chances were Grell wasn't going to get this back, the thought of accidentally poisoning the redhead coming to mind and she wasn't going to let that happen after Grell showed some form of kindness to her, a stranger she didnt know.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Alex Azure @Others

Prologue:
Jim Corrigan in:
The Green in the Snow
250px-Jim_Corrigan.png

"New York... 1993..."

A city of lights and fog, dressed up to the nines in a fresh coat of snow. Cold. Wet. Dark. No amount of street lights or starts could distract him from the blackness of the canopy that hung above them.

The night, a specter of sin.

Even as a boy, Corrigan had no love for cities such as this. They always seemed to bring back memories, stirring emotions he would rather leave buried alongside his mortal body. New York's alien silence burned into Jim's ears like the devil's purest poison, stirring him mind and forging a new strain of sickness within him; reminiscence, a nostalgia for a city that was not his own.

There was something about the postcard-peace and the endless roads seemed so easy to get lost in. It called to his humanity, its gaze intoxicating and its native illusive. No wonder the dead walked so freely; in a city like New York, who would need Heaven or Hell?

It was the kind of town a fella could go to to forget his unfortunate fate.

Corrigan banished such thoughts. He had been given a task to complete, and, in God's name, it was to be completed, with or without him. He flicked the flickers of snow from the lips of his sleeve and drifted to his feet, placing his surroundings aside for a heart beat to center himself.

"What's this about Ghosts?" Jim interjected abruptly, staring directly at their resident 'experts'. He had no intention on wasting time on pleasantries. "When did they start appearing? What events led up to their arrival?"

@Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Minerva @Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Jeremi @Yazzie @all

It seemed Ray was the closest to be hit by Corrigan's glare. "Uh well sir, ghosts are a natural occurrence on our world, so them being in New York isn't anything weird. It's just the amount of them. They started showing up when that thing popped into the sky." If Corrigan looked up at the portal he'd spot a few ghosts floating by in the air. "And the events...it wasn't there and now it is. Simple as that."

@Sark

@Takumi @Minerva @Jeremi

Venkman did a dope slap when he heard the date. "Oh man, I forgot I had a date tonight! I guess the invasion counts as a cancel. It'll be fine."

"That makes two of us," Winston said, agreeing with Ethan's assessment. "As we'd said multiple worlds aren't anything new but damn, I can't say this is some of the screwier stuff we've gotten into." Then he did a double take and looked around. "I also think we shouldn't hang around here for long. The streets are getting slipperier and who knows when ghosts are going to show up."

"So what's your suggestion?" Venkman asked his pal. "You gonna stuff them all into the Ecto-1 and call it a day. I get that it's a clown car but it's not that kind of a clown car."

Venkman was right, with so many people it was going to be difficult to transport them anywhere much less to Ghostbusters HQ. Unless... "Hold on, I'll be right back." Winston started to run back down the street from where the Ghostbusters originally came.

"Where are you going!" Venkman shouted after him.

"Don't worry, I'll be back in a bit!" The snow had again picked up and it didn't take long for Winston to be completely out of sight.

"Well if he says that I shouldn't worry then I guess I shouldn't worry..."

@Crow @Yun Lee @Takumi @Alex Azure @Ver

Monika couldn't help but feel much warm when Joker offered to help her up. She took his hand and braced her self. To be honest, she wasn't sure how long it would take to get used to walking, she would get the handle on it eventually, but or the time being, she may as well been ice skates. She slowly rose to her feet once more, her legs seemingly fighting against her. She stood fully up, not being able to stop smiling like a doofus. Could you blame her though?

Suddenly, she felt herself starting to lose her balance, panicking, she reached out and grabbed Joker's arm, holding on for dear life. Once she steadied herself once more, she glanced over at Joker, giving him a coy smile.

ddlc_monika_early.png

"Ah...sorry about grabbing your arm like that.....I'm not used walking just yet." She said somewhat nervously

When Monika noticed Hazel asking about her origin, Monika looked confused.

"I'm not technically from any country....I mean, If I had to say where I'm from I guess I would say Japan." She answered

@MelodyMeister
@Bark
@everyone

Standing with Monika and supporting her when she stumbled, Joker was unfazed, holding onto his gracious smile. "This isn't my first rodeo," he commented - his tone making it difficult to discern whether he was speaking from experience or cockiness. As Hazel approached, he quieted down to listen in as everyone in his growing clique spoke.

"You're from Japan too huh?" Joker chimed in on the first cue that caught his attention, "I was beginning to think I was the only Earthling here," he added with a smirk.

@Yazzie @Bark @MelodyMeister @y'all

Standing with Monika and supporting her when she stumbled, Joker was unfazed, holding onto his gracious smile. "This isn't my first rodeo," he commented - his tone making it difficult to discern whether he was speaking from experience or cockiness. As Hazel approached, he quieted down to listen in as everyone in his growing clique spoke.

"You're from Japan too huh?" Joker chimed in on the first cue that caught his attention, "I was beginning to think I was the only Earthling here," he added with a smirk.

@Yazzie @Bark @MelodyMeister @y'all
Monika could't help but feel somewhat conflicted about lying. Well technically it wasn't a lie, it was only a half truth. Still, it wasn't like anyone would believe she was actually a video game character, so she may as well stick with being from Japan, at least for the time being

latest

"Yeah....heh, small world isn't it?" She asked, not really expecting a response.

tumblr_inline_mwtngkXJmM1s43kjo.jpg

❝ Y-Yeah... I don't entirely understand what's going on, but it can't be a coincidence... There's so many other people here that are as confused as us. ❞ Penelope felt a lump of intense worry build up in her throat. As this couldn't be a mere coincidence or chance happening, that meant there had to be a purpose for this. She couldn't exactly wrap her head around the concept, having been awake in this situation for a few minutes. But maybe...

No, now wasn't the time to think about that.

❝ So... um, you mentioned that this isn't anything unfamiliar to you... do you have any idea what caused... well, this? ❞ She gave a curious question to Dear Lois. Even if she didn't get an exact answer, Penelope was content enough with getting a better idea on what could be happening.

@Jeremi
@Anybody

Lucian
@Yun Lee @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @anyone
Zac kept his eyes narrow as he listened to Lucian's claims about his city. For as little as Zac knew about this guy, he sure wasn't the best at giving off good first impressions.

As Zac continued to rebuild his memory following this strange awakening in the sewers of this 'New York,' he'd have to be the first one to agree with the Purifier. The thoughts and emotions of Zaun's best and worst coming flowing through the pipes, as do the brief bits and pieces he picks up from his past. The formalities and intricate relationships that humans share with one another don't concern him, but the consequences of their actions are ugly enough for everyone to see.

... Damn, I'm starting to sound like Dad.

Zac cast a look up to the red sky, planting his hands on his hips. "This one looks outta my league, if I'm being honest. But... if what you're saying is true, we gotta figure out how to get back to... 'our' place." Zac mused with a more earnest tone, frowning at the thought of losing sight of Zaun after just remembering what he is. His parents wouldn't want him to be slacking off in some 'New York' place without a plan.

A plan... he needs 'friends' for that. Allies or something, at least. That's a tall order in a place full of freaks and geeks from places that the humble ooze would never have a chance of recognizing. It'll be impossible to find someone willing to work on the same wavelength of someone of his... situation.

Or is it? The slime monster looked to the grim purifier that he had been speaking to, his broad and wicked grin returning to him.

View attachment 3608

"Hey, buddy. You don't look like a guy with a lot of friends. Weeeeeeell, do I have news for you!"

Zac plants a gooey hand on his own center mass, his 'muscles' flexing outward and making him appear large and halfway presentable.

"We're friends now!"
Lucian sighed. "Now, listen, it's important and all to work together, but I wouldn't be too quick on the draw on this whole 'friendship' thing. You won't find me to be good company, I assure you." The prospect of befriending another person hadn't occurred to him in years, and he was certain that it was a useless endeavor. The two of them would walk separate ways eventually, so what was the point? Lucian wasn't exactly a fun person to be around, too.

Strangely enough, the one proposing this idea was a sentient blob of Zaunite slime who very much contradicted the usual demeanor of a Zaunite. The absurdity of it almost made him smile.​
Ray's eyes widened as he looked at the pistols Lucian procured. "Wow! They just look like guns! How do they work? Is it magic? Are they enchanted?" This particular Ghostbuster seemed to be quite excitable when it came to new technology.

Ray's personality had an effect on Lucian, but only to the point of removing his scowl. He attempted to explain the weaponry as best he could; nobody had ever really questioned them this much before. "Well, actually, they're ancient Demacian relics from the Sentinels of Light." he began. Even though the pistols were a symbol of the Sentinels, he wasn't sure if he could still consider himself a part of them anymore. Ever since Senna's soul had been taken by Thresh, Lucian had a habit of passing judgment a little too easily.

"There's no trigger on it, see,"
he continued, holding the gun by its end and pointing. "It takes will to fire. If you've got what it takes, you can get it to shoot pure light. The bolts burn anything they touch, no matter what they hit." He tossed the gun into the air and caught it by the handle. "I guess you could call it magic, but most of it is just good aim."

As he explained, he thought of Senna again, remembering that she had given him a very similar explanation when she was alive. A grimace appeared on Lucian's face for a moment as he spoke in a darker tone of voice. "The undead thrive in darkness, and feast upon doubt and fear. Give them the opposite, and they'll wish they stayed dead."
"Ugh...I suppose that awful thing is the elephant in the room, isn't it? Awful creature, stabbing me in the leg and insulting me at every opportunity! Oh, if only my death scythe hadn't been taken from me!" With a flourish, Grell revealed her beloved death scythe, which those of modern era would recognize as a chainsaw.

"That little abomination would be nothing but toothpicks had my darling been with me!"
I'm sorry, your what now?" Winston had been quiet for a moment trying to take all of this in. It wasn't like multiversal travelers were anything new but...this bunch seemed to be something else.

Egon's eyes also turned to Grell and her weapon. "I assume you're a form of Grim Reaper? Another Ghostbuster from another world played chess for my soul against another Reaper recently...but we don't have time to unpack that any further."

Lucian's scowl returned as he suddenly pointed his pistols at Grell. "What do you mean, 'death scythe?'" He questioned, glancing at Egon, and then back at Grell. "What exactly do you reap?"

This sounded awfully similar to the sadistic specter known as Thresh. Could she be yet another harvester of souls that preys upon the living? "Answer me!" he demanded, his voice cold as ice.​

Last edited:
Oh, dear. This was rather troublesome. As Grell stared down the pistols and the (rather good-looking) man who pointed them at her, she merely smiled, twirling a lock of hair around her finger.

"Now, is this really something to get so worked up over? Haven't you ever heard of a Grim Reaper before, darling? You know, the bridge between life and death, we collect the souls of those who are ready to move on from this world into the next? It's popular culture, by this point."

@Ottonomous Ghost

Hazel chuckled a little at Casseta. So that was his reason for helping her? Well, she guessed it was a normal thing, to help out a girl in need. But it was just so...how could she say it? At the very least, Hazel wouldn't do such a thing. Upon hearing his answer to his clothing choice, what Hazel wanted to say was 'Ok, right, you're just a nut then.', but what really came out was,
"Ok, right, got it. So, uh...do I have to return this muffler to you at some point? If you do, I'll make sure not to damage it."

She was going to say more, but then, her attention was drawn to the two seniors that were just talking behind her. Namely, Monika, and...Joker? Strange nickname (she hoped), but hey, she's seen stranger, namely the nicknames her classmate gives her.
"You're not from a country exactly? Haha, don't worry about it. I don't even know which country I'm from! And this nut back home said he's from another dimension! So wherever you are, I'm not going to be surprised, I've kinda seen it all."

"Also, just saying, but how's Japan like? Because you and the other guy look quite..different. You look pretty normal, even if those green eyes are beautifully rare, but the other man looks awfully foreign. Not that I'm saying that foreigners are bad! So what kind of culture is there back home?"

Hazel heard of Japan before, since Frederick back home kept going on about it. Hazel loved new information, and if something's going to have a treasure trove, it's going to be an entirely new culture! Espically of a country she's heard such good things from.
@Bark @Yazzie

"Perhaps we have, though at most it was likely in passing. I tend to keep to myself." Serenity answered with a small frown as her attention returned to Alter. It was a bit hard to remember all of the faces of the servants she's been in proximity to, other than a select few at least.

"What does Master call you?" She asked then, not quite sure what to do with the conversation from here, but keeping note of things such as Grell speaking about her "death scythe".

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Crow @Alex Azure

"Ah, well, Master has many names for me. I am called Mysterious Heroine X Alter, but that can be a mouthful. Most of the time, people refer to me a M-H-X-A," she said, pronouncing every letter carefully and distinctly.

"She also calls me Ecchan... Though for the time we are here, you can call me Alter. I do not see any other Alters among us, so there shouldn't be any confusion."

"What do we call you?"

@Takumi @Minerva @Anyone​

Lucian
@Yun Lee @anyone​
"Now, is this really something to get so worked up over? Haven't you ever heard of a Grim Reaper before, darling? You know, the bridge between life and death, we collect the souls of those who are ready to move on from this world into the next? It's popular culture, by this point."

The lack of a reaction from Grell made Lucian doubt her even further. A soul reaper that didn't fear death. The similarities kept piling up. However, there was something off about her response. Apparently the Grim Reaper was some kind of popular figure? "No, I haven't," he replied simply before exclaiming once more, "But I have heard, and encountered, a certain wraith that imprisons the souls of the fallen, torturin' them every second of the day. One who captured the soul of my wife." It was taking a lot of willpower to not blast the woman away with ardent fire, but within his broken heart remained fragments of the man he used to be. He wasn't truly willing to risk murdering someone without knowing all the nuances of the situation, not yet at least.

"Where I come from, the 'bridge between life and death' is known as the Lamb and Wolf. They appear at a person's time of death, deliverin' the final strike and releasin' their soul to the beyond." He tightened the grip on the lightslingers. "But that doesn't happen if there are people like you around. Souls don't need middlemen. You have no right to handle them."

tumblr-inline-o0vlnyn-Ij-J1rxsf53-100.png

"Yes, well... Tragic as the story is, I don't believe the lady quite has any interest in your wife's soul, much less keeping it to torture it," Ethan said with a steely-eyed gaze at Lucian, aiming his gun right at the man from his hip, ready to shoot should an unfortunate move be made, not that he exactly knew what might happen if anyone was forced to bring their hand down.

"I still don't quite understand all this talk about reapers and wraiths, but I think considering the shit we're sliding into, we're a bit past that right now. Sure as shit, if there's guys picking us up callin' themselves Ghostbusters like ghosts are just out and about anywhere, then that means there's plenty of discrepancies to find between what's "real" and what we believe. So why don't we put this little exchange on hold until after we can get out of this mess. Together, hmm?"

@Yun Lee @Ottonomous Ghost

Hazel chuckled a little at Casseta. So that was his reason for helping her? Well, she guessed it was a normal thing, to help out a girl in need. But it was just so...how could she say it? At the very least, Hazel wouldn't do such a thing. Upon hearing his answer to his clothing choice, what Hazel wanted to say was 'Ok, right, you're just a nut then.', but what really came out was,
"Ok, right, got it. So, uh...do I have to return this muffler to you at some point? If you do, I'll make sure not to damage it."

She was going to say more, but then, her attention was drawn to the two seniors that were just talking behind her. Namely, Monika, and...Joker? Strange nickname (she hoped), but hey, she's seen stranger, namely the nicknames her classmate gives her.
"You're not from a country exactly? Haha, don't worry about it. I don't even know which country I'm from! And this nut back home said he's from another dimension! So wherever you are, I'm not going to be surprised, I've kinda seen it all."

"Also, just saying, but how's Japan like? Because you and the other guy look quite..different. You look pretty normal, even if those green eyes are beautifully rare, but the other man looks awfully foreign. Not that I'm saying that foreigners are bad! So what kind of culture is there back home?"

Hazel heard of Japan before, since Frederick back home kept going on about it. Hazel loved new information, and if something's going to have a treasure trove, it's going to be an entirely new culture! Espically of a country she's heard such good things from.
@Bark @Yazzie
Monika looked back to Hazel, a unreadable look on her face as she thought back to the club. Sure it wasn't exactly the same thing as Japan, but it had been all that Monika knew since she had been created, plus there was the fact the game was set in Japan. She remembered the club, she remembered her poems, but most of all, she remembered the girls. Yuri, Natsuki and Sayori. The three other characters that shared the club with her. Sure, once she had become self aware, she saw them for what they were, stereotypical anime tropes created for the sole purpose of attracting the MC, and by extension the player. However, once she was deleted herself by the player, she saw the error or her ways. On her quest to try and obtain something she was never meant to have, she betrayed her friends and destroyed everything she loved.

Monika shook those thoughts from her mind and looked back to Hazel, a warm smile plastered on her face. "Japan? Oh it's nice..... to be honest though....I don't really want to talk about it right now." Monika paused, hoping she didn't come off as rude to the younger girl. "No offense, but talking about my home is just a little bit too much right now."

@Archmage Jeremiah
@Bark

"Middleman?! Well you clearly didn't pay attention to what I was saying, because I am this 'Lamb and Wolf' you speak of. But both animals don't really suit my style, no...if anything, I'm more of a..." Qhat was a pretty red animal? Oh! "Scarlet Ibis! That's what I am!"

It was clear she wasn't at all bothered by Lucian's sob story but more offended that he didn't seem to listen. Though as Ethan stepped in, she smiled. "Every bit the gentleman you were in the dream...yes, I can put this all behind me if you can. Just don't ever refer to me as something unseemly like a middleman, thank you very much!"

@Ottonomous Ghost @Ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back