Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucian
@Yun Lee @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @anyone

Lucian sighed. "Now, listen, it's important and all to work together, but I wouldn't be too quick on the draw on this whole 'friendship' thing. You won't find me to be good company, I assure you." The prospect of befriending another person hadn't occurred to him in years, and he was certain that it was a useless endeavor. The two of them would walk separate ways eventually, so what was the point? Lucian wasn't exactly a fun person to be around, too.

Strangely enough, the one proposing this idea was a sentient blob of Zaunite slime who very much contradicted the usual demeanor of a Zaunite. The absurdity of it almost made him smile.​

Ray's personality had an effect on Lucian, but only to the point of removing his scowl. He attempted to explain the weaponry as best he could; nobody had ever really questioned them this much before. "Well, actually, they're ancient Demacian relics from the Sentinels of Light." he began. Even though the pistols were a symbol of the Sentinels, he wasn't sure if he could still consider himself a part of them anymore. Ever since Senna's soul had been taken by Thresh, Lucian had a habit of passing judgment a little too easily.

"There's no trigger on it, see,"
he continued, holding the gun by its end and pointing. "It takes will to fire. If you've got what it takes, you can get it to shoot pure light. The bolts burn anything they touch, no matter what they hit." He tossed the gun into the air and caught it by the handle. "I guess you could call it magic, but most of it is just good aim."

As he explained, he thought of Senna again, remembering that she had given him a very similar explanation when she was alive. A grimace appeared on Lucian's face for a moment as he spoke in a darker tone of voice. "The undead thrive in darkness, and feast upon doubt and fear. Give them the opposite, and they'll wish they stayed dead."

Lucian's scowl returned as he suddenly pointed his pistols at Grell. "What do you mean, 'death scythe?'" He questioned, glancing at Egon, and then back at Grell. "What exactly do you reap?"

This sounded awfully similar to the sadistic specter known as Thresh. Could she be yet another harvester of souls that preys upon the living? "Answer me!" he demanded, his voice cold as ice.​
A burst of rumbling laughter echoed from the Zaunite ooze's core as the man remarked about companionship. "Well, If y' know anything about Zaun... believe me, you're far from the most unpleasant thing I've met, pal. But, listen, friends are more than jus' allies--"

Zac continued with his explanation when Lucian's attention turned away from him to other matters. The blob's voice rambled on in the background for a few moments before the yelling started - at which case his eyes opened, and he spotted his newfound friend standing at odds with two other strangers.

Yeesh, this guy really doesn't jive with my style.

Zac immediately (and literally) slipped in between the two parties, his mass stretching outwards to appear as though he was towering a few feet over the humans.

"Hey, hey, take it easy, chief."
Zac held a gooey appendage out to Lucian while turning his head to look at Ethan and Grell. The humanoid mass of green ooze seemed to grin as the rest of his body shifted to face them while his arm remained in front of Lucian.

"Sorry 'bout that, folks. The captain here isn't too keen on foreigners, y'know," Zac mused with a chuckle that he did not attempt to hide. "Still living in the past, I know. Let's set aside our differences with ice breakers. I'll start - uh, my name is Zac! I'm from Zaun! And my favorite food is..."

Zac thought about it. All he ever consumes is any organic matter leftover in Zaun's many sewer systems and waste dumps.

"... G-garbage? Who can relate?"

@Yun Lee @Ver @Ottonomous Ghost @Whoever​

tumblr_inline_mwtngkXJmM1s43kjo.jpg

❝ Y-Yeah... I don't entirely understand what's going on, but it can't be a coincidence... There's so many other people here that are as confused as us. ❞ Penelope felt a lump of intense worry build up in her throat. As this couldn't be a mere coincidence or chance happening, that meant there had to be a purpose for this. She couldn't exactly wrap her head around the concept, having been awake in this situation for a few minutes. But maybe...

No, now wasn't the time to think about that.

❝ So... um, you mentioned that this isn't anything unfamiliar to you... do you have any idea what caused... well, this? ❞ She gave a curious question to Dear Lois. Even if she didn't get an exact answer, Penelope was content enough with getting a better idea on what could be happening.

@Jeremi
@Anybody

0brVgdB.png

"I can't say that I do,"
Dear Lois replied. "These Ghostbusters don't seem to know either. Except that it's tied to the hole in the sky, which all things considered would be an educated guess."

@Gummi Bunnies

Lucian
@Yun Lee @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @anyone

Lucian sighed. "Now, listen, it's important and all to work together, but I wouldn't be too quick on the draw on this whole 'friendship' thing. You won't find me to be good company, I assure you." The prospect of befriending another person hadn't occurred to him in years, and he was certain that it was a useless endeavor. The two of them would walk separate ways eventually, so what was the point? Lucian wasn't exactly a fun person to be around, too.

Strangely enough, the one proposing this idea was a sentient blob of Zaunite slime who very much contradicted the usual demeanor of a Zaunite. The absurdity of it almost made him smile.​

Ray's personality had an effect on Lucian, but only to the point of removing his scowl. He attempted to explain the weaponry as best he could; nobody had ever really questioned them this much before. "Well, actually, they're ancient Demacian relics from the Sentinels of Light." he began. Even though the pistols were a symbol of the Sentinels, he wasn't sure if he could still consider himself a part of them anymore. Ever since Senna's soul had been taken by Thresh, Lucian had a habit of passing judgment a little too easily.

"There's no trigger on it, see,"
he continued, holding the gun by its end and pointing. "It takes will to fire. If you've got what it takes, you can get it to shoot pure light. The bolts burn anything they touch, no matter what they hit." He tossed the gun into the air and caught it by the handle. "I guess you could call it magic, but most of it is just good aim."

As he explained, he thought of Senna again, remembering that she had given him a very similar explanation when she was alive. A grimace appeared on Lucian's face for a moment as he spoke in a darker tone of voice. "The undead thrive in darkness, and feast upon doubt and fear. Give them the opposite, and they'll wish they stayed dead."

Lucian's scowl returned as he suddenly pointed his pistols at Grell. "What do you mean, 'death scythe?'" He questioned, glancing at Egon, and then back at Grell. "What exactly do you reap?"

This sounded awfully similar to the sadistic specter known as Thresh. Could she be yet another harvester of souls that preys upon the living? "Answer me!" he demanded, his voice cold as ice.​

Ray nodded and listened intently to Lucian's explination about the pistols. "Fascinating! A weapon that works on will power alone!" He was fawning over the possibilities and didn't notice Lucian's sudden change of mood. Until he suddenly turned the pistol on one of the others. "Whoa! There's no need for that. We're all allies here aren't we?"

Lucian
@Yun Lee @anyone​

The lack of a reaction from Grell made Lucian doubt her even further. A soul reaper that didn't fear death. The similarities kept piling up. However, there was something off about her response. Apparently the Grim Reaper was some kind of popular figure? "No, I haven't," he replied simply before exclaiming once more, "But I have heard, and encountered, a certain wraith that imprisons the souls of the fallen, torturin' them every second of the day. One who captured the soul of my wife." It was taking a lot of willpower to not blast the woman away with ardent fire, but within his broken heart remained fragments of the man he used to be. He wasn't truly willing to risk murdering someone without knowing all the nuances of the situation, not yet at least.

"Where I come from, the 'bridge between life and death' is known as the Lamb and Wolf. They appear at a person's time of death, deliverin' the final strike and releasin' their soul to the beyond." He tightened the grip on the lightslingers. "But that doesn't happen if there are people like you around. Souls don't need middlemen. You have no right to handle them."

"Different worlds work on different rules," Egon responded in a matter of fact tone Lucian. "There's no reason to get worked over things that you don't have all the facts about."

A burst of rumbling laughter echoed from the Zaunite ooze's core as the man remarked about companionship. "Well, If y' know anything about Zaun... believe me, you're far from the most unpleasant thing I've met, pal. But, listen, friends are more than jus' allies--"

Zac continued with his explanation when Lucian's attention turned away from him to other matters. The blob's voice rambled on in the background for a few moments before the yelling started - at which case his eyes opened, and he spotted his newfound friend standing at odds with two other strangers.

Yeesh, this guy really doesn't jive with my style.

Zac immediately (and literally) slipped in between the two parties, his mass stretching outwards to appear as though he was towering a few feet over the humans.

"Hey, hey, take it easy, chief."
Zac held a gooey appendage out to Lucian while turning his head to look at Ethan and Grell. The humanoid mass of green ooze seemed to grin as the rest of his body shifted to face them while his arm remained in front of Lucian.

"Sorry 'bout that, folks. The captain here isn't too keen on foreigners, y'know," Zac mused with a chuckle that he did not attempt to hide. "Still living in the past, I know. Let's set aside our differences with ice breakers. I'll start - uh, my name is Zac! I'm from Zaun! And my favorite food is..."

Zac thought about it. All he ever consumes is any organic matter leftover in Zaun's many sewer systems and waste dumps.

@Yun Lee @Ver @Ottonomous Ghost @Whoever

Hector had been silently watching the exchange and as Zac stepped in so did he. "Vengeance is something I know...very intimately. But as of now this situation transcends any bad blood there is. We are trapped in a world not our own. In a time not our own. Not to mention the undead spirits roaming around. Allegedly."

@Ottonmous Ghost @Ver @Yun Lee

That was true, while the Ghostbusters had spoken about a ghost invasion there didn't seem to be a lot of them around.

"Rrr..." Until now that is.

latest

Down the street a pack of ghostly dogs stared down the group. "Everyone get behind us!" Ray commanded as he pulled the Proton Packs gun from his back ready to fire if the ghastly dogs came any closer.

They barked loudly at the group before they charged and leaped...! When they were suddenly frozen in mid air. Dear Lois was now standing between the group and the ghosts. "Bad dogs." Suddenly their forms twisted and turned before completely vanishing.

"What did you do?!" Ray ran up to her in shock.

"I defeated them with my mind." For many that wasn't much of an explanation and Ray seemed to be one of them.

"How?! You shouldn't just, mind zap things! You need to contain them."

"According to the P.K.E. meter," Egon had walked up to where the ghost dogs had been defeated. "There is no residual ectoplasmic activity. For all intense and purposes. These ghosts are deader than dead."

ggbU597.png

"I'm sorry if I did something wrong. I just wanted to protect us from a threat."

"N-No I'm sorry, it's just that. Last time something like that happened it came back even stronger, but if Egon says there's no trace of them...no offense, but you're one scary lady."

Dear Lois chuckled. "None taken."

@Everyone

A slime monster that eats garbage. Grell really didn't want to be around this Zac creature but she already made one enemy just by stating her profession! Besides, he seemed fairly civilized in spite of the other factors, so Grell would definitelt try polite conversation. "And I am Grell Sutcliff, one of England's finest and most elegant Grim Reapers! Er...hold on a moment. Did you say Zaun? Where is that, exactly?" She had never heard of a Zaun before. Was it German, perhaps? Would Germany even create trash-eating slime men?

As the ghost dogs attacked, Grell was more than happy to let Dear Lois take them down. "Suddenly this Valentine's Day has lost all its romance..."

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi

"Ah, well, Master has many names for me. I am called Mysterious Heroine X Alter, but that can be a mouthful. Most of the time, people refer to me a M-H-X-A," she said, pronouncing every letter carefully and distinctly.

"She also calls me Ecchan... Though for the time we are here, you can call me Alter. I do not see any other Alters among us, so there shouldn't be any confusion."

"What do we call you?"

@Takumi @Minerva @Anyone​

"Call me Serenity. Master calls me many things as well, but Serenity is preferred." She answered. Though at the tension brewing due to Lucian...she simply stepped between both him and Grell
Oh, dear. This was rather troublesome. As Grell stared down the pistols and the (rather good-looking) man who pointed them at her, she merely smiled, twirling a lock of hair around her finger.

"Now, is this really something to get so worked up over? Haven't you ever heard of a Grim Reaper before, darling? You know, the bridge between life and death, we collect the souls of those who are ready to move on from this world into the next? It's popular culture, by this point."

@Ottonomous Ghost

Lucian
@Yun Lee @anyone​

The lack of a reaction from Grell made Lucian doubt her even further. A soul reaper that didn't fear death. The similarities kept piling up. However, there was something off about her response. Apparently the Grim Reaper was some kind of popular figure? "No, I haven't," he replied simply before exclaiming once more, "But I have heard, and encountered, a certain wraith that imprisons the souls of the fallen, torturin' them every second of the day. One who captured the soul of my wife." It was taking a lot of willpower to not blast the woman away with ardent fire, but within his broken heart remained fragments of the man he used to be. He wasn't truly willing to risk murdering someone without knowing all the nuances of the situation, not yet at least.

"Where I come from, the 'bridge between life and death' is known as the Lamb and Wolf. They appear at a person's time of death, deliverin' the final strike and releasin' their soul to the beyond." He tightened the grip on the lightslingers. "But that doesn't happen if there are people like you around. Souls don't need middlemen. You have no right to handle them."

tumblr-inline-o0vlnyn-Ij-J1rxsf53-100.png

"Yes, well... Tragic as the story is, I don't believe the lady quite has any interest in your wife's soul, much less keeping it to torture it," Ethan said with a steely-eyed gaze at Lucian, aiming his gun right at the man from his hip, ready to shoot should an unfortunate move be made, not that he exactly knew what might happen if anyone was forced to bring their hand down.

"I still don't quite understand all this talk about reapers and wraiths, but I think considering the shit we're sliding into, we're a bit past that right now. Sure as shit, if there's guys picking us up callin' themselves Ghostbusters like ghosts are just out and about anywhere, then that means there's plenty of discrepancies to find between what's "real" and what we believe. So why don't we put this little exchange on hold until after we can get out of this mess. Together, hmm?"

@Yun Lee @Ottonomous Ghost

"Middleman?! Well you clearly didn't pay attention to what I was saying, because I am this 'Lamb and Wolf' you speak of. But both animals don't really suit my style, no...if anything, I'm more of a..." Qhat was a pretty red animal? Oh! "Scarlet Ibis! That's what I am!"

It was clear she wasn't at all bothered by Lucian's sob story but more offended that he didn't seem to listen. Though as Ethan stepped in, she smiled. "Every bit the gentleman you were in the dream...yes, I can put this all behind me if you can. Just don't ever refer to me as something unseemly like a middleman, thank you very much!"

@Ottonomous Ghost @Ver

0brVgdB.png

"I can't say that I do,"
Dear Lois replied. "These Ghostbusters don't seem to know either. Except that it's tied to the hole in the sky, which all things considered would be an educated guess."

@Gummi Bunnies

Ray nodded and listened intently to Lucian's explination about the pistols. "Fascinating! A weapon that works on will power alone!" He was fawning over the possibilities and didn't notice Lucian's sudden change of mood. Until he suddenly turned the pistol on one of the others. "Whoa! There's no need for that. We're all allies here aren't we?"

"Different worlds work on different rules," Egon responded in a matter of fact tone Lucian. "There's no reason to get worked over things that you don't have all the facts about."

Hector had been silently watching the exchange and as Zac stepped in so did he. "Vengeance is something I know...very intimately. But as of now this situation transcends any bad blood there is. We are trapped in a world not our own. In a time not our own. Not to mention the undead spirits roaming around. Allegedly."

@Ottonmous Ghost @Ver @Yun Lee

That was true, while the Ghostbusters had spoken about a ghost invasion there didn't seem to be a lot of them around.

latest

Down the street a pack of ghostly dogs stared down the group. "Everyone get behind us!" Ray commanded as he pulled the Proton Packs gun from his back ready to fire if the ghastly dogs came any closer.

They barked loudly at the group before they charged and leaped...! When they were suddenly frozen in mid air. Dear Lois was now standing between the group and the ghosts. "Bad dogs." Suddenly their forms twisted and turned before completely vanishing.

"I defeated them with my mind." For many that wasn't much of an explanation and Ray seemed to be one of them.

"According to the P.K.E. meter," Egon had walked up to where the ghost dogs had been defeated. "There is no residual ectoplasmic activity. For all intense and purposes. These ghosts are deader than dead."

ggbU597.png

"I'm sorry if I did something wrong. I just wanted to protect us from a threat."

"N-No I'm sorry, it's just that. Last time something like that happened it came back even stronger, but if Egon says there's no trace of them...no offense, but you're one scary lady."

@Everyone

A slime monster that eats garbage. Grell really didn't want to be around this Zac creature but she already made one enemy just by stating her profession! Besides, he seemed fairly civilized in spite of the other factors, so Grell would definitelt try polite conversation. "And I am Grell Sutcliff, one of England's finest and most elegant Grim Reapers! Er...hold on a moment. Did you say Zaun? Where is that, exactly?" She had never heard of a Zaun before. Was it German, perhaps? Would Germany even create trash-eating slime men?

As the ghost dogs attacked, Grell was more than happy to let Dear Lois take them down. "Suddenly this Valentine's Day has lost all its romance..."

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi

As all of that happened, Serenity kept near Grell, just at arms length.

@Jeremi @Ver @Crow @Alex Azure

"Yes, well... Tragic as the story is, I don't believe the lady quite has any interest in your wife's soul, much less keeping it to torture it," Ethan said with a steely-eyed gaze at Lucian, aiming his gun right at the man from his hip, ready to shoot should an unfortunate move be made, not that he exactly knew what might happen if anyone was forced to bring their hand down.

"I still don't quite understand all this talk about reapers and wraiths, but I think considering the shit we're sliding into, we're a bit past that right now. Sure as shit, if there's guys picking us up callin' themselves Ghostbusters like ghosts are just out and about anywhere, then that means there's plenty of discrepancies to find between what's "real" and what we believe. So why don't we put this little exchange on hold until after we can get out of this mess. Together, hmm?"

@Yun Lee @Ottonomous Ghost
The Purifier eyeballed the drawn gun and began realizing the predicament he put himself into. As strange as it was for anyone to even think about defending a soul reaper, it was two versus one. It was likely that he wouldn't win the fight.
"Middleman?! Well you clearly didn't pay attention to what I was saying, because I am this 'Lamb and Wolf' you speak of. But both animals don't really suit my style, no...if anything, I'm more of a..." Qhat was a pretty red animal? Oh! "Scarlet Ibis! That's what I am!"

It was clear she wasn't at all bothered by Lucian's sob story but more offended that he didn't seem to listen. Though as Ethan stepped in, she smiled. "Every bit the gentleman you were in the dream...yes, I can put this all behind me if you can. Just don't ever refer to me as something unseemly like a middleman, thank you very much!"

Lucian raised an eyebrow at her comparisons to Kindred. "Sure you are," he said sarcastically, but his voice had noticeably less conviction than before. That gnawing feeling in his heart that he was wrong had come to the surface, and he was disgusted by his own blind fury. The stress of searching for Senna had taken a toll on him.​

"Hey, hey, take it easy, chief." Zac held a gooey appendage out to Lucian while turning his head to look at Ethan and Grell. The humanoid mass of green ooze seemed to grin as the rest of his body shifted to face them while his arm remained in front of Lucian.

After a few moments, he slowly lowered his pistols and sighed, the expression on his face becoming more neutral. "Sorry about that. Let my emotions get a hold of me," he conceded nonchalantly, returning the relics to their holsters. "Your world clearly has different laws when it comes to death. I should've considered that. Still, these... 'Grim Reapers' are eerily similar to Thresh and the other abominations of the Shadow Isles. Bad luck, I guess," he added, glancing at Ethan again. "And, you're right. We've got bigger problems to take care of right now. The only thing I know for sure is that those ghosts aren't up to any good."

Lucian gave Zac an odd look, but couldn't help but find what he said mildly amusing. "...That's an icebreaker alright."

latest

ggbU597.png

Almost like a programmed robot, Lucian's expression hardened and he once again had his pistols drawn, but this time at a clear, undead enemy. Before he could get any shots off, the strange woman simply... removed their existence.

A dry laugh escaped from Lucian's lips. "Looks like we better keep an eye out. Nowhere is safe," he remarked, deciding to keep the guns out at all times, pointed in a safe direction of course.​

Last edited:
tumblr-inline-n9496ku-Ktp1so1xk1.png

"Not too keen on foreigners, huh? I left America to get away from that kind of attitude," Ethan could only quip as Zac intervened on the exchange between the three of them. "Can't believe I'm making conversation with a... whatever you are, thing from... uh, Zaun, but I guess I ought to return the introduction. Ethan Chandler, at your service."

His eyes went wide and alert when the ghostly dogs suddenly appeared, and then just as quickly disappeared thanks to the power of Dear Lois before the man could even raise his hand, still clutching his gun from before. Letting out an impressed whistle, Ethan pocketed his weapon for the time being.

"Well, scary or not, at least she's on our side," Ethan concurred with Egon, placing his hands on his hips, "But even so, if we got freaks like those just running around these streets, it'd be in our best interest to not be sitting ducks, 'specially with a big group like ours..."

Still, ghoulish creatures of the night haunting him at every turn? Ethan felt a macabre sense of droll resignation to his fate, to always be stalked by these bizarre phenomena. All he could do was accept the strange, to embrace it.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Ottonomous Ghost @Anybody

tumblr-inline-o0vm0h-Gz691rxsf53-100.png

"Oh, you. What was it again? ... Theo? The two of you hit it off, huh? Guess someone managed to make it a good dream at least," Ethan said, giving a soft wave to Theo. What were the chances that those two would be able to meet up again outside the dream? Sounded pretty romantic when you put it on paper like that, and that was reason enough for Ethan to drop it in his head.

Then again, the next topic wasn't all that delightful either.

"In any case... I suppose it's just a stroke of luck that of all of us who got sucked into this... peculiar situation again, at least that thing didn't follow us. 'Course, at least now we'd know to instantly tear him apart," he said, placing a hand on Jack's shoulder in a comforting manner, "He won't be hurting you, or anyone else, ever again."

With that, as though hoping to veer the conversation elsewhere, the man cleared his throat. "Anyway... I don't know where your mother might be, but in the meantime, I'll take care of you. And I'll... try not to die this time. Scout's honor."

"By the way..." He started again, gesturing toward Serenity and the Alter Servant, "Friends of yours, Jack? Seems like you kinda know each other."

@Yun Lee @Crow @Jeremi @Lucky

@Alex Azure @Takumi

"So we've been summoned away from where we once were, to here on Valentine's Day. Perhaps that means we will find a way to return to Chaldeas. I wonder if Master would give me chocolates if I told her it was Valentine's Day."

Her mouth watered at the idea of receiving chocolates from Ritsuka. She munched on another bit of her bean paste to try and satisfy her sweet tooth.

MHXA did her best to follow along with the discussion happening between those who had experienced this phenomenon before. Even then, she still ended up a little lost.

"I haven't met Jack before today. I do not believe that she is from the same time I am. My Master has many servants, but I don't believe she is one of them. You however..." she turns to speak with Serenity, "Perhaps I've seen you around before? Chaldeas is a big place, and Master has many servants. We haven't all met personally."

@Yun Lee @Crow @Lucky @Ver

@Takumi @Minerva @Jeremi
tumblr-inline-o0vlpv-P9-To1rxsf53-100.png

"... Right. Of course. How could I have gotten it wrong?" Ethan could only sigh, as though the girls' explanations didn't exactly clear anything up for him. How in tarnation was he supposed to know what they were talking about? Especially since these little girls were talking so casually about being "Servants" and having "Masters" like they were part of some creepy cult or so.

... Speaking of which, why are there so many little girls around here?

"Little girls talking about their Masters at that... I'm not... I don't... Okay," he murmured, not sure if he exactly wanted to know. Even so though, he did have a passing thought as he gazed upon Serenity. "What are you doing dressed like that anyway? Aren't you cold? Maybe I shoulda covered you up if Jack already had a coat..." Ethan idly said, before looking down at Jack as though nonverbally asking her what she thought.

@Crow @Yun Lee @Takumi @Alex Azure @Jeremi
"This is simply how I dress." She answered, believing it to be the simplest answer she could give before adding almost solemnly, "It's best not to touch me. All who come near me die." The only exception was Ritsuka, as far as Serenity was willing to find out anyway.

"I'm not cold, so you don't have to worry." She added.

"!" Serenity was surpised, before turning to look at Grell through the mask she wore, still shocked.

"...Thank you." She finally spoke and put on the coat with a smile. Chances were Grell wasn't going to get this back, the thought of accidentally poisoning the redhead coming to mind and she wasn't going to let that happen after Grell showed some form of kindness to her, a stranger she didnt know.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Alex Azure @Others

"We will be closeby then, Ethan," Jack says, then turns towards MHXA and Serenity.

"It is as they say - this is our first time encountering them. If anything, their Masters and our MMaosttheerr are different entities who have never met."

The second mention of Jack saying 'Master' seemed to be blended with another word being said over it. She then turns towards Ian, who was looking at her.

"We are not well-versed in our own matters, but we believe that both Serenity and us are of the same class of Servant - Assassin. Our lighter clothing compared to most have to do with that...

... you seem to be confused about the concept of Servants, Ethan. We believe that the other two might have more knowledge in the matter, tho-"

Just that, spectral dogs appeared, causing Jack to vanish nigh-instantly!

When Dear Lois had zapped the spectral dogs into nothingness, Jack reappeared in the spot where they were gone, pointing a blade that she quickly retracted back into her newly-found coatsleeves.

nyVmAVd.png

"Deader than dead? Hmmm... if mother really is around here, then we wouldn't want her to be on the same streets as those things, and we believe that there might be more. We agree with Ethan, we should do something about them."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Alex Azure @Ver @Crow @Ottonomous Ghost @Anybody

Hazel let a microexpression of surprise show for just a second, but hid any trace of it soon afterwards. Personally, Hazel wouldn't be quite so homesick, (although she supposed she would in a week or so.), but she understood that some kids weren't as adventurous as her. Hazel thought that Monika's comment of being free, but otherwise, didn't consider Monika's true reasons for her reactions.

"Okay, right! I understand! So, say, I'm rushing a little, aren't I? I haven't even asked your name yet, how forgetful of me. I'm Hazel Halfpenny, Reporter Extraordinaire, member of the newspaper club! And you are...?"

Hazel already had a name for Monika: Summer Justice. Even so far away from home, Hazel couldn't avoid that tall, serious but dutiful mess of a club leader, with an impecculant uniform and tied up hair. She wondered, if even this far away, she can find someone who is familar to someone back home, then, she wondered if she could ground herself to these other people? As strange as they, and this place was?
@Yazzie

"We will be closeby then, Ethan," Jack says, then turns towards MHXA and Serenity.

"It is as they say - this is our first time encountering them. If anything, their Masters and our MMaosttheerr are different entities who have never met."

The second mention of Jack saying 'Master' seemed to be blended with another word being said over it. She then turns towards Ian, who was looking at her.

"We are not well-versed in our own matters, but we believe that both Serenity and us are of the same class of Servant - Assassin. Our lighter clothing compared to most have to do with that...

... you seem to be confused about the concept of Servants, Ethan. We believe that the other two might have more knowledge in the matter, tho-"

Just that, spectral dogs appeared, causing Jack to vanish nigh-instantly!

When Dear Lois had zapped the spectral dogs into nothingness, Jack reappeared in the spot where they were gone, pointing a blade that she quickly retracted back into her newly-found coatsleeves.

nyVmAVd.png

"Deader than dead? Hmmm... if mother really is around here, then we wouldn't want her to be on the same streets as those things, and we believe that there might be more. We agree with Ethan, we should do something about them."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Alex Azure @Ver @Crow @Ottonomous Ghost @Anybody

"Yes, I'm of the Assassin class." Serenity commented. "Servants, in this case, are spirits of people of legend and history given form after their deaths, their class as a Servant depends on certain characteristics they possessed in life, such as Jack and I being the Assassin class. The Master summons a Servant, usually to participate in a war for a wish from the Holy Grail. From there they fight until one is left standing, except in Alter and I were summoned for a different purpose thana Holy Grail War." Serenity explained, and would've elaborated further if something didn't come to mind first.

"That man who left isn't back yet. Do you think that the ghost dogs got him?" She pondered aloud.

@Jeremi @Ver @Crow @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ottonomous Ghost @Alex Azure @Others

It seemed Ray was the closest to be hit by Corrigan's glare. "Uh well sir, ghosts are a natural occurrence on our world, so them being in New York isn't anything weird. It's just the amount of them. They started showing up when that thing popped into the sky." If Corrigan looked up at the portal he'd spot a few ghosts floating by in the air. "And the events...it wasn't there and now it is. Simple as that."
"Wandering spirits are anything but natural..." Jim called in response, casting his eyes upwards towards the ghosts dancing above them. He spoke half to himself and half to Ray, his attention shattered into shards. "These souls should have passed on long ago. They should be at peace... yet they continue to cry out... in vengeance... in fear... in tongues even I cannot understand" With a start, the Detective composed himself, striking Ray with another abrupt phrase. "You know little more than the rest of us. Perhaps the Spirits themselves could provide a greater insight"

"This is neither the time nor the place for skepticism. The phantoms Louis dispatched of for us were ghosts. There is nothing to debate" Jim muttered to Zac, drifting past the man and towards Egon's side. He had to inspect the site of the ghosts himself before he could jump to any rash conclusions. The Detective within him forbade it.

Casting ghostly hand across the snow, the spirit seemed to understand all he needed to understand. For a creature living or dead to be so totally and utterly destroyed with just a thought was impressive, even to his ever increasing standard of power; spirits were not built to be broken, regardless of what the love songs told him. "You are correct, Ghostbusters" Corrigan called over his shoulder, calling across the sea of snow the island of a man had let drift between him and his allies. "Those creatures have been banished from death... before they could be inspected. A lead lost forever, or a least, a clue gone to waste" With a dead man's stare, Jim's cold eyes cut deep into Dear Lois "Who are you, Louis? What secrets do you hid from us?"
@anyone​

Theo Raeken

" We certainly should do something about the ghosts. Spirits are never a good thing, especially if we don't know the nature of the spirits. But I think we are all neglecting a slightly bigger problem. We don't know if the spirits are jut from your world, as not all of us are just from your world. It's entirely possible that things and ghosts from our world could cross over us well." Theo looked over at the Ghostbusters as he said this. He did notice Monika, and he wanted to ask her question, but it seemed less relevant at the moment. " If I may ask, Miss Lois, how exactly did you destroy the ghosts?"

@Jeremi

Hazel let a microexpression of surprise show for just a second, but hid any trace of it soon afterwards. Personally, Hazel wouldn't be quite so homesick, (although she supposed she would in a week or so.), but she understood that some kids weren't as adventurous as her. Hazel thought that Monika's comment of being free, but otherwise, didn't consider Monika's true reasons for her reactions.

"Okay, right! I understand! So, say, I'm rushing a little, aren't I? I haven't even asked your name yet, how forgetful of me. I'm Hazel Halfpenny, Reporter Extraordinaire, member of the newspaper club! And you are...?"

Hazel already had a name for Monika: Summer Justice. Even so far away from home, Hazel couldn't avoid that tall, serious but dutiful mess of a club leader, with an impecculant uniform and tied up hair. She wondered, if even this far away, she can find someone who is familar to someone back home, then, she wondered if she could ground herself to these other people? As strange as they, and this place was?
@Yazzie

Monika couldn't help but feel better when Hazel said she understood. It was good to meet people who could empathize and listen, without making a big deal about it.

"Nice to meet you Hazel, I'm Monika, President of the Literature Club."
She said with confidence. When Hazel mentioned she was a member of the newspaper club, Monika gave her a befuddled look

"A newspaper club, you guys have a newspaper for your school?" She asked.

@Archmage Jeremiah
@Bark

"Wandering spirits are anything but natural..." Jim called in response, casting his eyes upwards towards the ghosts dancing above them. He spoke half to himself and half to Ray, his attention shattered into shards. "These souls should have passed on long ago. They should be at peace... yet they continue to cry out... in vengeance... in fear... in tongues even I cannot understand" With a start, the Detective composed himself, striking Ray with another abrupt phrase. "You know little more than the rest of us. Perhaps the Spirits themselves could provide a greater insight"

"This is neither the time nor the place for skepticism. The phantoms Louis dispatched of for us were ghosts. There is nothing to debate" Jim muttered to Zac, drifting past the man and towards Egon's side. He had to inspect the site of the ghosts himself before he could jump to any rash conclusions. The Detective within him forbade it.

Casting ghostly hand across the snow, the spirit seemed to understand all he needed to understand. For a creature living or dead to be so totally and utterly destroyed with just a thought was impressive, even to his ever increasing standard of power; spirits were not built to be broken, regardless of what the love songs told him. "You are correct, Ghostbusters" Corrigan called over his shoulder, calling across the sea of snow the island of a man had let drift between him and his allies. "Those creatures have been banished from death... before they could be inspected. A lead lost forever, or a least, a clue gone to waste" With a dead man's stare, Jim's cold eyes cut deep into Dear Lois "Who are you, Louis? What secrets do you hid from us?"
@anyone​

That was a bit of a loaded question. "I don't really have any secrets. No one's just asked me any questions." She came walking up to Corrigan with surprising grace despite her size. "But why tell you when I can show you all." As Dear Lois said that everyone in the group saw mental flashes of her life.

She was a native of something called the Dark Multiverse, the darker side of a coin to the universe where this Jim Corrigan was from. Once she had been Lois Lane, normal reporter before turning to what she had now become.

Next came flashes of the destruction of her world, being saved by a powerful creature with similar monsterous refugees with the same predicament. Was that a humanoid ant? Either way the scenes shifted again to an escape from their would be savior by a boy in a superhero costume, and finally a castle in the same universe Corrigan resided that seemed to now be their home.

With that the visions stopped and Dear Lois spoke once again to the detective. "Was that enough or did you also want to see the Pulitzers I won?"

@EVERYONE

Theo Raeken

" We certainly should do something about the ghosts. Spirits are never a good thing, especially if we don't know the nature of the spirits. But I think we are all neglecting a slightly bigger problem. We don't know if the spirits are jut from your world, as not all of us are just from your world. It's entirely possible that things and ghosts from our world could cross over us well." Theo looked over at the Ghostbusters as he said this. He did notice Monika, and he wanted to ask her question, but it seemed less relevant at the moment. " If I may ask, Miss Lois, how exactly did you destroy the ghosts?"

@Jeremi

After the info dump she turned to face the new face addressing her. "I'm not quite sure how to explain it. The simple fact is that my mental abilities are so vast that I felt them on a base level and caused the ectoplasm that held them together to falter and vanish. Is that a sufficient answer?"

@Lucky

"...!" Grell watched the strange visions that Dear Lois gave them all as they played out, a tense expression on her face. But as they came to an end...

"Bravo, bravo! How splendid! What a beautiful cinematic record! The drama! The action! Oh, it was all so extraordinary!" Grell clapped clearly moved by what she had seen. Now she was truly envious. Back in London, every soul she reaped was soooo boring. Ordinary people leading ordinary lives and dying ordinary deaths...some had a few fun moments here and there, but most were rather bleak. But this...this was nothing like she'd ever seen before! Maybe she could see if she could branch out further...who knows what fascinating lives lay waiting to be seen?

@Jeremi @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ottonomous Ghost @Takumi @Crow @Alex Azure

Theo Raeken

Theo saw it all. Wow, that was certainly a dark backstory and he should know. He had one of his own. He looked over at her when she addressed him. "That sounds surprisingly simple. Or rather out of the ordinary. But to be fair, most of us here are a little strange and different. " His eyes would briefly flash yellow before they would turn back to his normal color. " I am more than happy with the answer you gave me. Though, I am genuinely curious. How many pultizers did you win?"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee

"Yes, I'm of the Assassin class." Serenity commented. "Servants, in this case, are spirits of people of legend and history given form after their deaths, their class as a Servant depends on certain characteristics they possessed in life, such as Jack and I being the Assassin class. The Master summons a Servant, usually to participate in a war for a wish from the Holy Grail. From there they fight until one is left standing, except in Alter and I were summoned for a different purpose thana Holy Grail War." Serenity explained, and would've elaborated further if something didn't come to mind first.

"That man who left isn't back yet. Do you think that the ghost dogs got him?" She pondered aloud.

@Jeremi @Ver @Crow @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ottonomous Ghost @Alex Azure @Others

"Winston's going to be fine," Venkman assured Serenity. "He said it himself and I don't know him for a liar so..."

@Takumi @Ver @Crow @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ottonomous Ghost @Alex Azure @Others

Theo Raeken

Theo saw it all. Wow, that was certainly a dark backstory and he should know. He had one of his own. He looked over at her when she addressed him. "That sounds surprisingly simple. Or rather out of the ordinary. But to be fair, most of us here are a little strange and different. " His eyes would briefly flash yellow before they would turn back to his normal color. " I am more than happy with the answer you gave me. Though, I am genuinely curious. How many pultizers did you win?"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee

YTX0lHh.png

"Three," She replied with a smile. "And I'm happy that I am able to help. My friends are trying to start something new where we are now, and even if that or this world is my own. It feels good to be able to consider one self a...hero."

As the two spoke the group could hear the sound of a car honking coming from where Winston had gone. Sure enough soon they'd see headlights in the snow belong to a bus. It stopped next to the Ecto-1 and out stepped Winston. "Anyone called for a cab?"

"This was your idea? We're not taking kids out for sightseeing you know," Venkman walked up looking into the bus. "How did you even get this thing to start?"

"Keys were in the ignition, figured it got abandoned when the ghosts attacked, and right now I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth." He patted the side of the bus. "With this we'll get everyone back to HQ with out much trouble."​

@Lucky

Kei Sakurai woke up in a city that felt familiar, yet unfamiliar. Indeed, it was a city that did exist in her world, and she did recall visiting it before. She'd traveled all over the world, even if the reasons for it weren't quite so fun as a trek around the world might seem. However, while the supernatural and strange things were no stranger to her, even she couldn't help but realize something strange.

This city definitely shouldn't have had "Ghostbusters" or anything of the sort. Or sentient goo, but that was a separate matter.

There shouldn't have been any reason for Kei to end up in this city, even without all the extra strange things around her, but if she was here then she was going to have to deal with it. Talk of multiverse travelers or the like reached her ears, but she wasn't quite sure what to make of that. She wasn't sure how much she liked the possibility of that being true, but for now it'd probably do to get acquainted with some of the others.

Though she didn't expect to get acquainted with one of them through mind visions.

BPUZcDZ.png

"It was certainly extraordinary. But I don't really see anything splendid or praiseworthy in my head being invaded."

Kei commented to Grell, not seeming to be moved quite as much as she was. Waking up in an unfamiliar place with such a rowdy, noisy bunch, seeing those spectral dogs, and then seeing things in her mind hadn't put her in the best of moods. She was considering just straying from the group and moving on her own, but not going with the only people who seemed to have an idea of what was going on seemed just a bit too foolish.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @whoever​

"Schools have clubs? Well, I guess kids need something to do." Cassata scratched the back of his head. Even if they came from different places and he had clue what the place called Japan was even like, he still didn't know much about schools. After all the only humans he had spent time around were royalty and lived afraid of most others. "I think newspapers sound a bit expensive to make everyday, huh?" That might have sounded a bit odd, seeing as he probably didn't seem all that much older than them.
@MelodyMeister @Yazzie

Hazel returned Monika a befuddled look as well. All right sure, other places didn't have the time and money to make even a local newspaper, but it wasn't like the girl really went outside of the town much, asides to go to a neighbouring town every once in a while to run an errand. So really, newspapers were a big part of where she lived, since it was easier for people to just pick it up and read freely. Espically ever since the fake news got so outrageous that the goverment decided to censored every news source online. A literature club sounded fun though. Maybe she should suggest that to the teachers? Probably not, actually. There wasn't any rooms left anyways.

"Yeah! Just little bite-sized reads from a bite-sized club for any kids wanting to learn about anything happening at school! Like you know, a list of homework assigned, or information about any new students...Or any friendship drama. That's my favourite thing to report on! What do you do in the Literature Club though?"

Giggling a little bit, Hazel stopped immediantly when she recieved the vision. A vision of a horrific world. A dying world. A vision of a woman who used to be a news reporter just like her, and then formed into....whatever abomination that was. And then an entire world getting destroyed, and her having to seek refugee as a woman without a world...What a whole lot of unfortunate fiction. It was likely the truth, yes, but her experiences was just so...out there. It was so hard to empathsise and understand someone's plight if it was so outlandish for her. Espically since Hazel didn't usually feel much empathy in the first place.

Okay, back to the topic. Hazel turned her head to answer Joker, but she was also looking over to Monika, to show that she was talking to both of them.

"That's right, well, most schools anyways. Some are so broke they can't afford a feeble co-curricular! You don't seem to be from a broke school though. So do you just play hooky often, or just not go to school? Right, anywaysss. Our town's quite closeknit together, even amongst kids and adults.

Oh man, should she really say this? She felt like she was saying something confidential.

"I actually work for the local newspapers as well, since they're so low on workers they've resorted to employing students. Because I work for the actual newspapers, I'm allowed to print the school newspapers there, since they're pretty small anyways and don't cost much because they're in black and white. I think that's why the newspaper club invited me in the first place actually, so they can get a free printer.
@Bark @Yazzie

tumblr-inline-o0vlvs-HRnr1rxsf53-100.png

"You kids fight in a war? As... assassins? That doesn't sound very..." Ethan could only respond to Jack and Serenity with a lightly furrowed brow, apparently still not seeming to exactly get the finer details, but deciding he could piece together the bigger picture. And all to serve a well-connected Master from the sound of it.

"Well... I suppose I shouldn't talk. There's no helping where we come from, after all. I know that all too well," he sighed, running a hand through his hair.

When Serenity asked Venkman if the man who left was okay, to which the other man made a brisk reply, Ethan did indeed start to have doubts. Even if they were supposedly experts on dealing with these sorts of ghouls, was it really alright?

"Let's hope you're right, Mr. Venkman. Sometimes, our word is outside the power of fate after all."

But then he eventually did come back, lo and behold, in what looked like... an over-sized horseless carriage? What kind of confounded thing was this? He furrowed a brow as it seemed to be operating on its own without something externally pulling it forward, but then... Ethan would be remiss to find this the strangest thing he saw when standing next to the likes of Zac.

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Jeremi

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back