Status
Not open for further replies.
Monika couldn't help but feel better when Hazel said she understood. It was good to meet people who could empathize and listen, without making a big deal about it.

"Nice to meet you Hazel, I'm Monika, President of the Literature Club."
She said with confidence. When Hazel mentioned she was a member of the newspaper club, Monika gave her a befuddled look

"A newspaper club, you guys have a newspaper for your school?" She asked.

@Archmage Jeremiah
@Bark
"Schools have clubs? Well, I guess kids need something to do." Cassata scratched the back of his head. Even if they came from different places and he had clue what the place called Japan was even like, he still didn't know much about schools. After all the only humans he had spent time around were royalty and lived afraid of most others. "I think newspapers sound a bit expensive to make everyday, huh?" That might have sounded a bit odd, seeing as he probably didn't seem all that much older than them.
@MelodyMeister @Yazzie

"They're standard at every school I've ever attended," Joker added, "But I can't say I ever heard of a school paper and local paper working in tandem," he added, turning towards Hazel, "You're from a small town huh?"

@MelodyMeister @Yazzie @Bark

To Kai, Grell shrugged nonchalantly. "Eh, you get used to it, dear. I practically have to do the same thing in my profession!"

As the bus pulled up, Grell just got even more excited. "Ooh! Is this one of those automobile things I've been hearing about? It's huge! Are you telling me in 1993 these things are commonplace?" Splendid! And considering her track record, she would likely be a Grim Reaper for years, so seeing that happen was a certainty!

Without waiting, Grell hopped into the bus and took the first available seat (by the window of course). "I've never ridden in one of the smaller ones, so this is sure to be a treat!"

@Kaykay @Jeremi @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ottonomous Ghost @Takumi @Crow @Alex Azure

To Kai, Grell shrugged nonchalantly. "Eh, you get used to it, dear. I practically have to do the same thing in my profession!"

As the bus pulled up, Grell just got even more excited. "Ooh! Is this one of those automobile things I've been hearing about? It's huge! Are you telling me in 1993 these things are commonplace?" Splendid! And considering her track record, she would likely be a Grim Reaper for years, so seeing that happen was a certainty!

Without waiting, Grell hopped into the bus and took the first available seat (by the window of course). "I've never ridden in one of the smaller ones, so this is sure to be a treat!"

@Kaykay @Jeremi @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ottonomous Ghost @Takumi @Crow @Alex Azure

"Lady's got the right idea," Venkman replied. "We got a way to get you out of here so we're gonna take. Everyone who can fit get on the bus!" That last part was mainly aimed towards Dear Lois.

"Don't worry about me." A pair of wings stretched out from her body. "I gleamed our destination from your mind so I should be able to find it."

"Well great, did you uuh...see something else in there."

"I did," She smiled knowingly. "And I appreciate the sentiment."

With that Winston sat down in the driving seat for the bus as they began herding the group into the bus. Everyone managed to fit inside and with the Ecto-1 taking point sirens wailing they were off. Considering that it was going to take awhile Winston flipped on the radio.

The weather was starting to get worser the road up ahead was barely visible. If anyone was expected a sightseeing tour they were going to be disappointed. Time was lost to the group as they drove on until finally reaching their destination.

latest

"First and last stop the Firehouse. Thank you for riding Ghostbusters travels and wehope we'll see you again," Winston joked as he opened the bus door to let the group exit the bus. As they stepped out they even found that Dear Lois had managed to stay close to them no worse for wear.

"Come on let's get inside before we freeze our butts off." The Ghostbusters took point and lead the group into the firehouse where they were met by two women, one with red hair and glasses and one with long blue hair wrapped in a pony tail.

"Honey, we're home! And we brought some strays. Can we keep them?" Venkman replied as they stepped in.

"What are you talking about Pe-" As she turned to face the Ghostbusters she noticed the group behind them. "...Is this like the turtles or when we teamed up with all the Ghostbusters from different realities."

"Yeah."

"Kind of."

"Sorta."

"...Alright." The woman went back to doing what she was doing when they came in.

"Janine Melvitz, our receptionst." Ray went straight for the introductions. "And the one talking in the phone and reading the book is Kylie Griffin."

"Look I got to call you back, something big just walked through the door. Stay safe out there. Yeah, the boys just walked in, I'll tell them." Kylie hung up the phone and looked up at the group. "That was Melanie. She just said for every ghost they bag two others pop up. So far they are doing okay but with the weather as it is on top of the ghosts it's going to get ugly quick."

"Then we're going to head back out there. This is our city and we're not going to let any ghosts take over," Ray replied with confidence.

"Guess we're rolling out again, and I just started to get feeling back to my toes..."

"Wait. Are you leaving us here?"
Hector had been awfully quiet but to just leave them here. "Some of us have knowledge and skill to face these creatures, if there is an invasion of undead then would not our help be a boon to you?"

The Ghostbusters looked at each other before Ray spoke up again. "While we appreciate it, it's clear that some of you are just regular civilians and we just don't have the equipment or time to get everyone up to speed. For now just stay here and hold the fort down and we'll try to figure something out when we get back. If you really want to help, help Kylie by cracking up some tomes to try and see if you can find anything about this whole situation."

"It's a it's not you it's me situation, don't worry about it," Venkman responded in turn.

"Look like I said, if we figure out how and why you guys ended up here then we can try to figure something out. Think of it like holding down the fort. The firehouse is really important to us and with you here we know it's in good hands," Ray added.

"Yeah sure ignore the two who were already holding down the fort," Janine snarked.

"Present company not excluded of course. We'll keep you posted." With that the four Ghostbusters headed outside and soon they heard the Ecto-1 sirens blasting and going further away before vanishing completely.

The group now stood alone at the entrance left to their own devices.

"...There's some Chinese food and pizza in the fridge if any of you are hungry," Janine replied to the group.​

@Kaykay @Yun Lee @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ottonomous Ghost @Takumi @Crow @Alex Azure @Atomic Knight @Bark @MelodyMeister @Yazzie @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @Archmage Jeremiah @Minerva

tumblr-inline-n94965s-Mu-N1so1xk1.png

"A vision of the future indeed. I know a scientist or two who'd kill to take a look at this science-y stuff, I'll bet," Ethan commented as he looked around inside the bus as it rode on, feeling self-consciously primitive. He definitely felt out of place, out of his element, but hey, if Grell was enjoying herself, maybe he should try it too.

Maybe he was ultimately the weird one for finding the horseless carriage stranger than Dear Lois sprouting wings and flying off, but at least with the latter, the sight resembled something he'd seen before back where he came from. Cripes.

Once they reached their destination, apparently where these so-called Ghostbusters operated from, after tipping his hat as a polite greeting toward the two women he and the group had passed by (actively choosing to not think much about the quip of them teaming up with turtles), it seemed that the four had left just as abruptly, as though the group were dropped off like an unwanted piece of... Well, anyway. Fair enough, Ethan figured to himself, if they were gonna go out to tend to their duties, which may or may not include solving how they all got here in the first place. With that all said, left to his own devices, Ethan decided to humor Grell.

tumblr-inline-nwi779zf-YG1slrvm0-500.gif

"Heh, the usual," he said, causally putting a hand on his hip, "Just wandering, traveling. Running into all sorts of weird shit, which I suppose hasn't stopped at all. And of course... Always seeing a pretty little thing with red hair in my dreams, as fleeting as the best of my dreams."

When Janine spoke of some food that they had in the building for the group, it was one thing that they had Chinese food (did international trade really progress so much that food from there becomes commonplace?), but the man couldn't help but furrow a brow at the other food choice listed, having never heard the term before.

"Pardon me, miss," he started to Janine.

"... What's pizza?"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Anybody

Jack hung her dual-coats by the coathanger, alongside everyone's hats, probably. She proceeds to explore the fridge, then turns back for a bit when Grell striked up a conversation.

32jZ16p.png

"When we woke up, Mother played us a nice tune on the piano. It's something we'll always remember. We continued on with the Holy Grail War, that was... until..."

Jack shed a single tear as a memory passed through her, before leaving the fridge.

81vbcXn.png

"The one who called herself Atalanta... she was known as the Archer of Red in the Grail War we were in... we don't remember what she did at that particular point, but everytime we try to remember, we feel loss, the greatest loss of all actually. She took something from us, that we know. Afterwards, her arrow shot through our spine and into our heart. What happened after that... was hazy. But we believe that that was the end of our time in the Grail War. We lost, we never got the Grail, but worst of all, we haven't seen Mother since then..."

Jack rubbed her tears away.

"In addition to finding mother, we're out for Atalanta's blood, for what she did, and the something most valuable she took from us. She could be any class in the next Grail War we might find ourselves in - Archer, Berserker, maybe even Assassin. If there cannot be two Assassins, then we will give in to the Mad Enhancement of the Berserker class."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @York @Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Alex Azure

"Lady's got the right idea," Venkman replied. "We got a way to get you out of here so we're gonna take. Everyone who can fit get on the bus!" That last part was mainly aimed towards Dear Lois.

"Don't worry about me." A pair of wings stretched out from her body. "I gleamed our destination from your mind so I should be able to find it."

With that Winston sat down in the driving seat for the bus as they began herding the group into the bus. Everyone managed to fit inside and with the Ecto-1 taking point sirens wailing they were off. Considering that it was going to take awhile Winston flipped on the radio.

The weather was starting to get worser the road up ahead was barely visible. If anyone was expected a sightseeing tour they were going to be disappointed. Time was lost to the group as they drove on until finally reaching their destination.

latest

"First and last stop the Firehouse. Thank you for riding Ghostbusters travels and wehope we'll see you again," Winston joked as he opened the bus door to let the group exit the bus. As they stepped out they even found that Dear Lois had managed to stay close to them no worse for wear.

"Come on let's get inside before we freeze our butts off." The Ghostbusters took point and lead the group into the firehouse where they were met by two women, one with red hair and glasses and one with long blue hair wrapped in a pony tail.

"Honey, we're home! And we brought some strays. Can we keep them?" Venkman replied as they stepped in.

"What are you talking about Pe-" As she turned to face the Ghostbusters she noticed the group behind them. "...Is this like the turtles or when we teamed up with all the Ghostbusters from different realities."

"Yeah."

"Kind of."

"Sorta."

"...Alright." The woman went back to doing what she was doing when they came in.

"Janine Melvitz, our receptionst." Ray went straight for the introductions. "And the one talking in the phone and reading the book is Kylie Griffin."

"Look I got to call you back, something big just walked through the door. Stay safe out there. Yeah, the boys just walked in, I'll tell them." Kylie hung up the phone and looked up at the group. "That was Melanie. She just said for every ghost they bag two others pop up. So far they are doing okay but with the weather as it is on top of the ghosts it's going to get ugly quick."

"Then we're going to head back out there. This is our city and we're not going to let any ghosts take over," Ray replied with confidence.

"Guess we're rolling out again, and I just started to get feeling back to my toes..."

Hector had been awfully quiet but to just leave them here. "Some of us have knowledge and skill to face these creatures, if there is an invasion of undead then would not our help be a boon to you?"

The Ghostbusters looked at each other before Ray spoke up again. "While we appreciate it, it's clear that some of you are just regular civilians and we just don't have the equipment or time to get everyone up to speed. For now just stay here and hold the fort down and we'll try to figure something out when we get back. If you really want to help, help Kylie by cracking up some tomes to try and see if you can find anything about this whole situation."

"It's a it's not you it's me situation, don't worry about it," Venkman responded in turn.

"Look like I said, if we figure out how and why you guys ended up here then we can try to figure something out. Think of it like holding down the fort. The firehouse is really important to us and with you here we know it's in good hands," Ray added.

"Yeah sure ignore the two who were already holding down the fort," Janine snarked.

"Present company not excluded of course. We'll keep you posted." With that the four Ghostbusters headed outside and soon they heard the Ecto-1 sirens blasting and going further away before vanishing completely.

"...There's some Chinese food and pizza in the fridge if any of you are hungry," Janine replied to the group.​

@Kaykay @Yun Lee @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ottonomous Ghost @Takumi @Crow @Alex Azure @Atomic Knight @Bark @MelodyMeister @Yazzie @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @Archmage Jeremiah @Minerva

"You still seem a bit confused, but I guess it'd make sense to be." Serenity tilted her head at Ethan, before looking to the bus for a moment.

"Very convenient." She commented, pulling Grell's jacket around her a little tighter.

Sitting alone on the bus and keeping her distance while the group were let in the fire station, Serenity wasn't quite sure what to do, but 'holding down the fort' seemed like an easy enough task. So for now, she kept alert even as she turned to Janine and Ethan.

"A vision of the future indeed. I know a scientist or two who'd kill to take a look at this science-y stuff, I'll bet," Ethan commented as he looked around inside the bus as it rode on, feeling self-consciously primitive. He definitely felt out of place, out of his element, but hey, if Grell was enjoying herself, maybe he should try it too.

Maybe he was ultimately the weird one for finding the horseless carriage stranger than Dear Lois sprouting wings and flying off, but at least with the latter, the sight resembled something he'd seen before back where he came from. Cripes.

Once they reached their destination, apparently where these so-called Ghostbusters operated from, after tipping his hat as a polite greeting toward the two women he and the group had passed by (actively choosing to not think much about the quip of them teaming up with turtles), it seemed that the four had left just as abruptly, as though the group were dropped off like an unwanted piece of... Well, anyway. Fair enough, Ethan figured to himself, if they were gonna go out to tend to their duties, which may or may not include solving how they all got here in the first place. With that all said, left to his own devices, Ethan decided to humor Grell.

"Heh, the usual," he said, causally putting a hand on his hip, "Just wandering, traveling. Running into all sorts of weird shit, which I suppose hasn't stopped at all. And of course... Always seeing a pretty little thing with red hair in my dreams, as fleeting as the best of my dreams."

When Janine spoke of some food that they had in the building for the group, it was one thing that they had Chinese food (did international trade really progress so much that food from there becomes commonplace?), but the man couldn't help but furrow a brow at the other food choice listed, having never heard the term before.

"... What's pizza?"

"Do you run into weird shit a lot?" She asked Ethan curiously.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Alex Azure @Jeremi @Others

Small town..,yeah, someone could say that. To be honest, the entire town felt like one big family at some points. For Hazel, it wasn't rare for her to walk to the bakery and recognise everyone in there. People who didn't fit in genrally didn't stay long.

Saying to either Joker or Casseta (she must have talked to the wrong person, she just realised. Guys' voices all sound so similar, it wasn't until she heard Joker's reply that she realised that she was looking at the wrong person.)

"That's right. Couldn't be possibly more then....200 people living in my town. We're all one big family, really! Although, really, it's not exactly working together in tandem, it's moreso just a worker's benefit. Along with a free newspaper. Besides, there's a few parents who are more then willing to see what their children are reading."

"Just wondering, but how many people are there where you live, uh...Jok-Oh, we can talk about this after the bus trip, okay?"
@Archmage Jeremiah @Bark (?)

"Situation: Somewhere called New York. Has bad temperatures and filthy air. Currently over run by ghosts (apparently). In Ghost Hunter HQ (?), has to 'hold down fort.'

Notes: Outside seems to be dangerous, referenced by ghost hunter stating that we are 'regular civilians', likely refering to me. Something about different realities, which while usually I would dismiss as insane, maybe explain the large variety of cultures. While most are human, there's a monster that while on our side, is likely from another dimension. (Like Fred?)"

@Open for interaction​

That was a bit of a loaded question. "I don't really have any secrets. No one's just asked me any questions." She came walking up to Corrigan with surprising grace despite her size. "But why tell you when I can show you all." As Dear Lois said that everyone in the group saw mental flashes of her life.

She was a native of something called the Dark Multiverse, the darker side of a coin to the universe where this Jim Corrigan was from. Once she had been Lois Lane, normal reporter before turning to what she had now become.

Next came flashes of the destruction of her world, being saved by a powerful creature with similar monsterous refugees with the same predicament. Was that a humanoid ant? Either way the scenes shifted again to an escape from their would be savior by a boy in a superhero costume, and finally a castle in the same universe Corrigan resided that seemed to now be their home.

With that the visions stopped and Dear Lois spoke once again to the detective. "Was that enough or did you also want to see the Pulitzers I won?"

@EVERYONE

After the info dump she turned to face the new face addressing her. "I'm not quite sure how to explain it. The simple fact is that my mental abilities are so vast that I felt them on a base level and caused the ectoplasm that held them together to falter and vanish. Is that a sufficient answer?"

@Lucky
"Interesting..." Jim hummed to himself, his brow tense. "A Lois... from a future beyond the 52..." At last, the pieces had began to fall into place. Even without his divine foresight, Corrigan was able to connect the dots laid out before him. For a man displaced in time by a mere year, seeing the destruction of a world yet to be in such cruel flames was enough to collect his full attention. To think he had allowed himself to focus his frame of vision so tightly as to ignore the future of his own timeline... shameful. His mission transcended the barriers between worlds- Lois world was as much his responsibility as hers. He wouldn't be blind anymore; his mind had been opened up to a wider multiverse, one much in need of judgement. When he addressed Lois for a second time, he spoke with a voice that was not his own, calling with the cry of one hundred men. "A crisis in another time... One I shall prevent, so says the Spectre! Once the crisis at hand is resolved, I shall be paying such a world a visit... to pass my verdict..."

"Yeah."

"Kind of."

"Sorta."

"I don't eat" Corrigan crowed from the corner of the room, rigid and motionless, failing to acknowledge the Firehouse crew or the return of his allies. The whole situation had spurred him to action; if Lois dealt in truths, then it was clear that time was the one resource he couldn't afford to waste. "And I'm hardly the social type. There's no use in wasting time and biting our nails. Kylie, if work needs to be done, consider it done. We can start by searching for any passages on familiars, totems and animal spirits. Beastly spirits are rarer than the spirits of men... if there is a pattern to this chaos, it could lead us back to what- or who- brought us all here..."
Meh, reading was not Grell's first choice of activity right now. Instead, she turned to those from before, deciding to spend this downtime socializing. "So! What have you all been up to since our last meeting? I want to hear everything!"

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @York @Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Alex Azure

"... What's pizza?"

Jack hung her dual-coats by the coathanger, alongside everyone's hats, probably. She proceeds to explore the fridge, then turns back for a bit when Grell striked up a conversation.

32jZ16p.png

"When we woke up, Mother played us a nice tune on the piano. It's something we'll always remember. We continued on with the Holy Grail War, that was... until..."

Jack shed a single tear as a memory passed through her, before leaving the fridge.

81vbcXn.png

"The one who called herself Atalanta... she was known as the Archer of Red in the Grail War we were in... we don't remember what she did at that particular point, but everytime we try to remember, we feel loss, the greatest loss of all actually. She took something from us, that we know. Afterwards, her arrow shot through our spine and into our heart. What happened after that... was hazy. But we believe that that was the end of our time in the Grail War. We lost, we never got the Grail, but worst of all, we haven't seen Mother since then..."

Jack rubbed her tears away.

"In addition to finding mother, we're out for Atalanta's blood, for what she did, and the something most valuable she took from us. She could be any class in the next Grail War we might find ourselves in - Archer, Berserker, maybe even Assassin. If there cannot be two Assassins, then we will give in to the Mad Enhancement of the Berserker class."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @York @Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Alex Azure
"You still seem a bit confused, but I guess it'd make sense to be." Serenity tilted her head at Ethan, before looking to the bus for a moment.

"Very convenient." She commented, pulling Grell's jacket around her a little tighter.

Sitting alone on the bus and keeping her distance while the group were let in the fire station, Serenity wasn't quite sure what to do, but 'holding down the fort' seemed like an easy enough task. So for now, she kept alert even as she turned to Janine and Ethan.

"Do you run into weird shit a lot?" She asked Ethan curiously.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Alex Azure @Jeremi @Others
View attachment 3609
"Interesting..." Corrigan clicked his teeth together, the cogs within his mind turning. Initally, he had no plans on dealing him back into the games of men, but it appears as if fate had twisted his arm once gain. It appeared as if mankind hadn't felt enough of his cold just yet. "I'm not here to make nice. But if we're trading stories, I might as well say mine; if we've been brought here by an individual, there should be a pattern... some link between our stories. Even if we were chosen randomly, digital choosers still have patterns... Something that can lead us back to whoever is pulling the strings.."

"So I'm Jim. And I died over 50 years ago. I was taken from a city called Gotham in 1994. By the looks of things, Grell, Ethan and I from or are connected to the past, in one way or another. Grell and I also have a connection to the spirits of the dead- if she's telling the truth about being a Reaper. There must be other links too. Other clues"

Theo Raeken

" Honestly, not much has happened for me. Pretty much told you it all. Went back home, continued to be homeless and sleeping out of my car, woke up in a city one day and talked with Deslin. Proceeded to lose him again. Woke up in another random place and we caught up and I stayed with him there for a while. We're currently just dating, you know casual. Occasionallly something more passionate, more sensual, but otherwise nothing much,"
he replied to Grell.

He would then proceed to get a slice of pizza and making sure to heat it up before eating it and turning to Ethan."
Pizza is essentially bread with tomatoes turned into sauce and cheese on it. Pretty common stuff and all thrown together. You should try it."

He would turn to Lois. " Three pultizers is really impressive, it took me a few minutes to wrap my head around that."

Theo would then start to see if there were any books that he could find to help and seeing how everything was calm, turned to Monika to ask the question he had wanted to ask for a while. " Do you know someone named Yuri?"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Yazzie

To say Grell was pleased with what Ethan said was an understatement.

View attachment 3610

"Ohoho, my! You're going to drive me crazy all over again! And trust me, you've never left my mind, awake or asleep! How could I ever forget someone like you?" Honestly, that dream had been a highlight for her lately. "After the little circus incident before that dream, I've been doing nothing but busywork these past few weeks. I do hope the little Phantomhive boy gets back to business soon; many interesting folks are left in his wake, and it certainly spices up my evenings!"

As Jack and Theo shared their stories, Grell was intruiged, as two of her buzzwords came up. "Why yes, I do recall you mentioning this 'Mother' of yours multiple times during the dream. Perhaps this Archer of Red abducted her? If so, I'd be happy to aid you. Besides..." A bit of light shimmered on Grell's glasses as she grinned. "I'd just love to see how worthy she is of the title Red.

"And sensual? Oh my, you dog!" Grell playfully batted Theo's shoulder. "You seem to have had the best luck out of all of us!"

Serenity got Grell's attention, and she leaned down to whisper, "Don't use that s-word, darling. It's unladylike." If she was going to wear the coat, she couldn't be vulgar!

To Jim, Grell giggled. "Well you see, darling, I'm from the past, as well! Where I come from, the year is 1888! But us Grim Reapers have technology that is a bit more sophisticated than the mortals of that time, so it's not much of a culture shock. That being said...I've never had this 'pizza' before. Is it any good?"

@Jeremi @Ver @Crow @Lucky @Takumi @Sark

tumblr-inline-o0vlzg-BKGN1rxsf53-100.png

"Bread, sauce, and cheese... Almost sounds like a sandwich when you put it like that, though it doesn't quite look like one," Ethan commented to Theo as he looked at the heated slice of pizza, his brow furrowed. "Still, smells pretty good. I guess my time hasn't gotten around to getting it yet; I'd certainly have known about that thing beforehand."

After getting around to heating up his own slice (pretty much doing exactly what he saw Theo do because he otherwise didn't know otherwise how to operate a microwave), he found himself embroiled in the exchange with Jim, crossing his arms as he got to work on pondering their situation. "1893 myself. I remember, last time this happened to me, there were lots of other people scattered saying they were from different times. Like now, there were some people saying they're from the damned new millennium, but there was also another fellow who said he was from the 1400s," he explained, thinking back to a certain Trevor Belmont for a brief moment, "But if there's a pattern, I'm not quite sure if I see it..."

Then he had a bite of his slice, and gave an approving nod. "... And to answer your question, Grell, it is pretty good. Want a bite?"

Then, as he held out his plate to Grell, Ethan froze in place as he turned to Serenity after she repeated his words from earlier, causing her to curse aloud.

tumblr-inline-o0vlstn93z1rxsf53-100.png

"Uh..." He blinked, realizing that his penchant to cursing seemed to influence the little girl, "Y-Yeah. I do, but... like Grell said, you shouldn't say a word like... what I just said. It's... a grown-up word," Ethan said, before mentally facepalming, not having wanted to sound so condescending toward a child, assuming she could even understand why.

@Takumi @Sark @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Lucky @Anybody

To say Grell was pleased with what Ethan said was an understatement.

View attachment 3610

"Ohoho, my! You're going to drive me crazy all over again! And trust me, you've never left my mind, awake or asleep! How could I ever forget someone like you?" Honestly, that dream had been a highlight for her lately. "After the little circus incident before that dream, I've been doing nothing but busywork these past few weeks. I do hope the little Phantomhive boy gets back to business soon; many interesting folks are left in his wake, and it certainly spices up my evenings!"

As Jack and Theo shared their stories, Grell was intruiged, as two of her buzzwords came up. "Why yes, I do recall you mentioning this 'Mother' of yours multiple times during the dream. Perhaps this Archer of Red abducted her? If so, I'd be happy to aid you. Besides..." A bit of light shimmered on Grell's glasses as she grinned. "I'd just love to see how worthy she is of the title Red.

"And sensual? Oh my, you dog!" Grell playfully batted Theo's shoulder. "You seem to have had the best luck out of all of us!"

Serenity got Grell's attention, and she leaned down to whisper, "Don't use that s-word, darling. It's unladylike." If she was going to wear the coat, she couldn't be vulgar!

To Jim, Grell giggled. "Well you see, darling, I'm from the past, as well! Where I come from, the year is 1888! But us Grim Reapers have technology that is a bit more sophisticated than the mortals of that time, so it's not much of a culture shock. That being said...I've never had this 'pizza' before. Is it any good?"

@Jeremi @Ver @Crow @Lucky @Takumi @Sark

"Oh, okay-" Serenity blinked, before realizing how close Grell was and tensed a bit. Despite taking Grell's advice to heart, she didn't want to risk touching the other.

"You shouldn't get too close...Grim Reaper or not, you might die." She said in a slightly quieter tone.

tumblr-inline-o0vlzg-BKGN1rxsf53-100.png

"Bread, sauce, and cheese... Almost sounds like a sandwich when you put it like that, though it doesn't quite look like one," Ethan commented to Theo as he looked at the heated slice of pizza, his brow furrowed. "Still, smells pretty good. I guess my time hasn't gotten around to getting it yet; I'd certainly have known about that thing beforehand."

After getting around to heating up his own slice (pretty much doing exactly what he saw Theo do because he otherwise didn't know otherwise how to operate a microwave), he found himself embroiled in the exchange with Jim, crossing his arms as he got to work on pondering their situation. "1893 myself. I remember, last time this happened to me, there were lots of other people scattered saying they were from different times. Like now, there were some people saying they're from the damned new millennium, but there was also another fellow who said he was from the 1400s," he explained, thinking back to a certain Trevor Belmont for a brief moment, "But if there's a pattern, I'm not quite sure if I see it..."

Then he had a bite of his slice, and gave an approving nod. "... And to answer your question, Grell, it is pretty good. Want a bite?"

Then, as he held out his plate to Grell, Ethan froze in place as he turned to Serenity after she repeated his words from earlier, causing her to curse aloud.

tumblr-inline-o0vlstn93z1rxsf53-100.png

"Uh..." He blinked, realizing that his penchant to cursing seemed to influence the little girl, "Y-Yeah. I do, but... like Grell said, you shouldn't say a word like... what I just said. It's... a grown-up word," Ethan said, before mentally facepalming, not having wanted to sound so condescending toward a child, assuming she could even understand why.

@Takumi @Sark @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Lucky @Anybody

"I won't say it anymore, but are you okay?" Serenity tilted her head. If it really was that bad of a word, she wouldn't say it anymore, but she wondered if Ethen felt bad? If that was why his tone shifted then she wouldn't make him feel guilty about it by never saying that word again. So, with that being the most logical answer to the assassin class servant, she came to her conclusion.

Don't say shit and everything will be alright, because if she said it, Grell might get too close again and that wouldn't do. Then again, any of the others could get too close and she wasn't sure what'd happen of she killed someone in their group without intending to, other than the gunner (she never caught his name, but she'd make sure to) that threatened Grell coming for her being the most likely scenario.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Crow @Alex Azure

It did not sit particularly well with Shuichi to sit on his hands in this situation, whether or not it was a dream. Frankly, being told to stay inside seemed like a pretty boring dream to him, but he wasn't about to complain. He still felt off-kilter and drowsy. His head buzzed as if he was suffering from some kind of cold. It was not a feeling Shuchi was used to when dreaming, which made him feel rather unsettled. It was a lot to handle, especially in a crowded firehouse with some particularly odd strangers.

efHQFwX.png

"Hng..."

Shuichi wanted to be useful in some way and the doctors seemed pretty confident the answers to this situation could be found in their own collection of tomes. It seemed convenient, but that was the kind of logic that made sense in a dream. Shuichi made a move for Kylie and the library. As he approached her, he grabbed the tip of his cap and pulled it down snugly to obscure most of his face. "I wanted to look into some of your books," he said, making furtive glances to the tomes nearby, "but I'm not sure I'd know the first place to start for all... this."

He let out a small, nervous laugh.

@Jeremi

Grell merely shrugged, but did as Serenity requested. "Death isn't so bad, darling, once you've given it a go. But if personal space is what you're after, who am I to intervene?" Someone who would probably be righr back where she was 15 minutes from bow, if we're being completely honest here.

Trying the pizza, Grell's eyes widened. "Oh my! This IS good! I've never tried anything like this in England...is this standard American fare?"

@Jeremi @Ver @Crow @Takumi @Lucky

"Interesting..." Jim hummed to himself, his brow tense. "A Lois... from a future beyond the 52..." At last, the pieces had began to fall into place. Even without his divine foresight, Corrigan was able to connect the dots laid out before him. For a man displaced in time by a mere year, seeing the destruction of a world yet to be in such cruel flames was enough to collect his full attention. To think he had allowed himself to focus his frame of vision so tightly as to ignore the future of his own timeline... shameful. His mission transcended the barriers between worlds- Lois world was as much his responsibility as hers. He wouldn't be blind anymore; his mind had been opened up to a wider multiverse, one much in need of judgement. When he addressed Lois for a second time, he spoke with a voice that was not his own, calling with the cry of one hundred men. "A crisis in another time... One I shall prevent, so says the Spectre! Once the crisis at hand is resolved, I shall be paying such a world a visit... to pass my verdict..."

"I don't eat" Corrigan crowed from the corner of the room, rigid and motionless, failing to acknowledge the Firehouse crew or the return of his allies. The whole situation had spurred him to action; if Lois dealt in truths, then it was clear that time was the one resource he couldn't afford to waste. "And I'm hardly the social type. There's no use in wasting time and biting our nails. Kylie, if work needs to be done, consider it done. We can start by searching for any passages on familiars, totems and animal spirits. Beastly spirits are rarer than the spirits of men... if there is a pattern to this chaos, it could lead us back to what- or who- brought us all here..."

View attachment 3609
"Interesting..." Corrigan clicked his teeth together, the cogs within his mind turning. Initally, he had no plans on dealing him back into the games of men, but it appears as if fate had twisted his arm once gain. It appeared as if mankind hadn't felt enough of his cold just yet. "I'm not here to make nice. But if we're trading stories, I might as well say mine; if we've been brought here by an individual, there should be a pattern... some link between our stories. Even if we were chosen randomly, digital choosers still have patterns... Something that can lead us back to whoever is pulling the strings.."

"So I'm Jim. And I died over 50 years ago. I was taken from a city called Gotham in 1994. By the looks of things, Grell, Ethan and I from or are connected to the past, in one way or another. Grell and I also have a connection to the spirits of the dead- if she's telling the truth about being a Reaper. There must be other links too. Other clues"

There were books and books littered around the area where Kylie was researching. It seemed like she had been cracking the books ever since they go the call about the invasion. "Familiars and totems huh...you might find something in Tobin's Spirit Guide but I think there is another book about mystical artifacts and stuff." Though looking at the massive stack of books it might be hard to find it. "What's your angle? Are you thinking we're dealing with some sort of artifact or what?"

@Sark

Theo Raeken

" Honestly, not much has happened for me. Pretty much told you it all. Went back home, continued to be homeless and sleeping out of my car, woke up in a city one day and talked with Deslin. Proceeded to lose him again. Woke up in another random place and we caught up and I stayed with him there for a while. We're currently just dating, you know casual. Occasionallly something more passionate, more sensual, but otherwise nothing much,"
he replied to Grell.

He would then proceed to get a slice of pizza and making sure to heat it up before eating it and turning to Ethan."
Pizza is essentially bread with tomatoes turned into sauce and cheese on it. Pretty common stuff and all thrown together. You should try it."

He would turn to Lois. " Three pultizers is really impressive, it took me a few minutes to wrap my head around that."

Theo would then start to see if there were any books that he could find to help and seeing how everything was calm, turned to Monika to ask the question he had wanted to ask for a while. " Do you know someone named Yuri?"

"Yeah, what he said," Janine replied to Ethan. "I guess you gotta wait a few more years before you get to taste one in your time." Give or take a decade that is.

Hector meanwhile had grabbed one of the take out boxes for the Chinese food and gave it a sniff before putting it back in the fridge. Honestly he seemed more focused on the fridge then the food. "What a fascinating device. With this you could keep your produce fresh for days on end, maybe even weeks!"

Grell merely shrugged, but did as Serenity requested. "Death isn't so bad, darling, once you've given it a go. But if personal space is what you're after, who am I to intervene?" Someone who would probably be righr back where she was 15 minutes from bow, if we're being completely honest here.

Trying the pizza, Grell's eyes widened. "Oh my! This IS good! I've never tried anything like this in England...is this standard American fare?"

@Jeremi @Ver @Crow @Takumi @Lucky

"I mean it's Italian but you could say America's made it its own thing. New York especially." Janine was quite bemused by the fact that their last visitors were obsessed with the thing and now they had a bunch of people that didn't even know what a pizza was. Crazy world they were living in.

@Takumi @Sark @Yun Lee @Lucky @Ver @Anybody

It did not sit particularly well with Shuichi to sit on his hands in this situation, whether or not it was a dream. Frankly, being told to stay inside seemed like a pretty boring dream to him, but he wasn't about to complain. He still felt off-kilter and drowsy. His head buzzed as if he was suffering from some kind of cold. It was not a feeling Shuchi was used to when dreaming, which made him feel rather unsettled. It was a lot to handle, especially in a crowded firehouse with some particularly odd strangers.

efHQFwX.png

"Hng..."

Shuichi wanted to be useful in some way and the doctors seemed pretty confident the answers to this situation could be found in their own collection of tomes. It seemed convenient, but that was the kind of logic that made sense in a dream. Shuichi made a move for Kylie and the library. As he approached her, he grabbed the tip of his cap and pulled it down snugly to obscure most of his face. "I wanted to look into some of your books," he said, making furtive glances to the tomes nearby, "but I'm not sure I'd know the first place to start for all... this."

He let out a small, nervous laugh.

@Jeremi

Kylie looked up from her own book at Shuichi. "Well I'm trying to find something about the portal in the sky, some type of ritual or something like that, hold on..." She dove under the desk and soon popped up with a black bound book.

"See if you can find something in this. Prophecies, dark summonings. Heck, anything about a red portal would help."​

@Atomic Knight

As everyone continued on with their own thing, Hector had finished inspecting the fridge. "I believe, Corrigan was it? Had a good thought. Perhaps not about a pattern, but what all of us can do. I believe if we are to survive this we need to know each others capabilities." He looked around the gathered group. "I realize trust is hard to earn and spilling secrets to strangers perhaps not the easiest, but perhaps I'll start then."

"I am Hector, where I am from it's the year 1480. I am what one would call a Devil Forgemaster." A blue flame formed in his hand as the same green skinned fairy from before emerged in his hand. "I create wicked beings of the night that are under my control. Creatures summoned and born of darkness, some original. some created through my own design, to even the formerly deceased and revived."

He turned to Corrigan. "So you could say powers relative to death as well as life. I also have equipment that lets me fight monsters and the undead." He removed his coat slightly to reveal what only looked like the hilt of a sword strapped to his belt. "My life has been filled with vengeance and deceit, but I strive to do better with someone I care most deeply for." He clenched his fist on the fairy causing it to vanish. "That is my tale. Does anyone else wish to share anything about themselves?"

"Well I already did,"
Dear Lois replied seemingly having gone and brewed some coffee. "So I feel like I'd just be repeating myself." She held up a cup of freshly brewed coffee with her telekinetic powers. "Coffee, anyone?"

@Everyone

Last edited:
Small town..,yeah, someone could say that. To be honest, the entire town felt like one big family at some points. For Hazel, it wasn't rare for her to walk to the bakery and recognise everyone in there. People who didn't fit in genrally didn't stay long.

Saying to either Joker or Casseta (she must have talked to the wrong person, she just realised. Guys' voices all sound so similar, it wasn't until she heard Joker's reply that she realised that she was looking at the wrong person.)

"That's right. Couldn't be possibly more then....200 people living in my town. We're all one big family, really! Although, really, it's not exactly working together in tandem, it's moreso just a worker's benefit. Along with a free newspaper. Besides, there's a few parents who are more then willing to see what their children are reading."

"Just wondering, but how many people are there where you live, uh...Jok-Oh, we can talk about this after the bus trip, okay?"
@Archmage Jeremiah @Bark (?)

"Situation: Somewhere called New York. Has bad temperatures and filthy air. Currently over run by ghosts (apparently). In Ghost Hunter HQ (?), has to 'hold down fort.'

Notes: Outside seems to be dangerous, referenced by ghost hunter stating that we are 'regular civilians', likely refering to me. Something about different realities, which while usually I would dismiss as insane, maybe explain the large variety of cultures. While most are human, there's a monster that while on our side, is likely from another dimension. (Like Fred?)"

@Open for interaction​
Monika had been mostly silent on the bus ride over to Ghostbuster HQ. It wasn't because she was shy or anything like that, though to be completely honest, she did enjoy being by herself once in a while, the game portrayed her as the most popular girl in school, and while she was more extroverted than say Yuri, she wasn't going get on stage at a comedy club and do stand-up in front of a large group of people. When she overheard Janine mention something about a fridge, she couldn't help but feel her mouth start to water, she had never really eaten anything before (aside from Natsuki's cupcakes) and she was eager to try something out. She just hoped they had something vegetarian.As she made her way to the kitchen she noticed Hazel standing off to the side.

"Hey Hazel, I'm going to get something to eat, care to join me?" She asked the younger girl

Theo Raeken

he replied to Grell.

latest

"Hm?" Monika said, she was completely surprised when Theo asked if she knew someone Yuri. It was completely out of the blue and shook her a bit. She quickly regained her composure and decided to answer his question, with a question.

"There quite a bit of women in Japan who go by the name of Yuri, mister. What does she look like if I may ask?"

@Archmage Jeremiah
@Bark

"... What's pizza?"

"Hey, I got no clue, but it really hits the spot," a rumbling voice came from behind Ethan as Zac, grinning wickedly, dropped another chunk of the gooey pizza down his gob. Uncomfortably, the pizza could be seen floating in his transparent mass for a few moments before dissolving into its base components. "S'food for the soul, Ethan."

Zac didn't have much to think about or say on the short travel to the Ghostbuster's complex. The sights and sounds of old New York implied some pale echo of Zaun that had not yet reached the absolute foul mass that Zac was literally molded within, but the events were moving so quickly and rapidly without pause that he couldn't pinpoint any exact emotion to focus on. Confusion is the big kicker here, but one wouldn't get that impression from his calm, jovial tone - the slime creature seemed like he was just happy to be here.

Such a thought betrays what's going on through his head - he's a fish of water. A wad of goo out of the pipes. Everything about this 'ghost' business seems above and beyond anything that the humble experiment would ever expect to face in Zaun... or is it? It's not like a bunch of creeps phasing through walls could ever beat what goes on down in Zaun's depths - the vigilantes, the freaks-of-nature, and outcasts of society.

Zac absorbs those ideals without even really knowing it. He is the embodiment of a city that has created monsters out of men. Mere human beings that are more frightening and supernatural than any ghost could ever hope to be. As this line of thought crossed the slime's mind, his grin seemed to fade slightly.

These 'ghostbuster' chumps, bless their heart, haven't even seen half of it. No one here has. That's what Zac thinks, yet - eventually, everyone's thoughts go coming down the drain and straight into his mass. He encompasses them, the best and worse that they have to offer. If these folks were to get angry and violent with confusion... well, Zac doesn't quite know what would happen to himself.

Which is why he should make a concerted effort to keep everyone in a positive line of thought. He was made for peacekeeping, after all - literally!

"Hey, lou-shoe, you want some of this?" Zac suddenly turned to Lucian, wherever he was, and hold out another slice of pizza that he'd raided from the Ghostbusters' fridge. "... That's your name, right? I forgot to ask."

Not only was it dripping in cheese and grease, but it was now also dripping in Zac's slime.​

The book he was given seemed... far outside Shuichi's usual interests, though he had to admit he was somewhat intrigued. He could not speak for the veracity of the knowledge the book contained, but he was fairly sure it would be an interesting read.

As he turned the cover and began to read, some of his attention was pulled toward the others in the room. He did not know who they were or where they came from, but they seemed like the kind of group one would imagine inside a dream. Snippets of conversation reached his ears and he heard talk of devils, souls, and different eras. It seemed like the kind of stuff the book Shuichi was reading would be all about. It was all a bit daunting, leaving Shuichi at a bit of a loss of how to process all of this.

"Um, excuse me," he said, sounding even timider than he meant to. "You all seem so... calm. I don't really understand, shouldn't you be a bit more upset about all this?"

@Takumi @Sark @Yun Lee @Ver @Lucky @Jeremi

"Oh, are we all giving formal introductions?" Grell asked, noting Hector's little talk. "Well then, Grell Sutcliff's the name, and I'm a Grim Reaper and Actress extraordinaire! I should, ahem, clarify what it is I do." She glanced at Lucian upon saying that.

"To put it simply, from the moment you are born, your soul begins recording your life experience. This is called a cinematic record, and my job is to review it when your death is approaching. Now almost every soul I come across ends their life right then and there, but there is a one in a billion chance that your life is so important to humanity that we allow you to live. I believe the last one was...in the 12th Century?"

As Shuichi spoke up, Grell tensed for a moment. He looked an awful lot like the Phantomhive brat...but he was older and seemed far more polite. Plus, he had both eyes, so that was a good sign. Grell smiled at him, taking a slice of pizza for herself. "Why, some of us have experienced something worse than this together, dear." She gestured to Ethan, Jack, Akira, Simon, and Theo. "Crazy as it sounds, we were all caught up in a messy little situation of our own. Fortunately that was all an extremely lucid nightmare, but compared to what we experienced then? Not even those silly ghost pups from before could bother me!"

She offered him the slice. "Why not relax with a snack? It appears we're stuck in this predicament for a bit, so why not try and enjoy some company while you do?"

As Dear Lois offered coffee, Grell raised her hand. "Do you have tea? Preferably with plenty of cream and sugar?"

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Crow @Lucky @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ottonomous Ghost @Takumi @Alex Azure @Archmage Jeremiah @York

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back