Status
Not open for further replies.
This sucked, everything about this situation sucked. Sure, Hazel thought about the good side of being in this debacle (okay, to be honest, she was pretty excited to meet new people and places), but seriously? How was she supposed to get home? Hazel had only heard of New York in an altas, and although Hazel estimated that she lived somewhere in somewhere called England, she had NO idea how to get back home, considering that the town's location was usually kept secret pretty well. And if the whole different realities thing was true....well, she was screwed.

Closing her notebook in frustration, Hazel grimanced as she realised she was hungry. And that she must have dropped her snacks while getting on the bus. Was the food here even edible, considering the poor quality of everything else here? Or was it like Arcadia, and she couldn't eat it? She hoped not. She didn't want to starve.

Hmm? Was someone calling her? Oh, Monika. Okay. Guess it was better then trying to write down an doom journal. Hazel straightened herself up.

"Sure! I'm kinda hungry, really. I wonder what kinda food they have, I've never heard of pizza, and chinese food doesn't give me a good description..."

Hazel walked over to the kitchen, and opened it to browse what was inside. Although really, it was hard to find something she never heard of.
@Yazzie

Theo Raeken

Theo had to chuckle a bit at being called a dog. He didn't mind being batted on the shoulder. " Outside of the homelessness and bit of sleeping in a car, yeah, my luck has turned a bit for the better."

Theo smiled. " I mean, you have mentioned that you were from 1893, Pizza probably exists in your time, but it might take a while to make a main stay in your world as well. It's actually fairly common and actually cheap, well, cheap for our time with it being fifteen or so dollars, which probably sounds expensive to you guys. Pay gets a lot better.... for most people in the future."

Theo would look over at her and wondered if she was shook by the question. " She looks to be about your age, has purple hair, kind of really shy and always carrying a book, purple eyes and dressed in a uniform like yours. If you do, tell her Theo that he said he was sorry for doing that thing in the dream and he very much regrets it. Eat away for me."
Theo just shrugged. " For most of us, this isn't our first time in this strange circumstance, so it's a new normal for me. If it makes you feel better, it isn't any least weird the next few times."

He turned to Ethan and decided to ask him a question. " Ethan, after you died in the dream, did you just wake up back home?" He asked. He wanted to know if maybe nobody had actually died in the Nightmare realm.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Yazzie

"I'm... I'm fine. It's nothing," Ethan breathed as Serenity asked if he was alright. This turned awkward, but at least no one else took much notice, right?

As Hector began to introduce himself, seeming to begin a conversation circle of introductions considering how big the group was, Ethan furrowed his brow.

tumblr-inline-n9496asg-N91so1xk1.png

"A... Devil Forgemaster, huh," he murmured skeptically, partially out of suspicion concerning the quality of his character, especially considering the dark magic he seemed to be so casually showing off. Even as the man spoke of be better for someone he cared for, Ethan held his doubts, but decided to let it pass for now; it wasn't like he was hurting anyone at this very moment, and they had bigger fish to fry right now.

When it came to his turn around, he raised his hand briefly, like an awkward wave, mostly toward those he didn't recognize. "Ethan Chandler, at your service. I'm... just a traveler; I guess if my year's relevant, I'm from 1893, and this isn't the first time this fiasco has snuck up on me before. Sorry to say though, I can't say what brought us here if you're looking for any answers," he spoke calmly, almost tiredly, before taking a cup of coffee as offered by Dear Lois. If there was one good thing about the future, it was definitely that coffee was still around. Who knew?

As Theo spoke to him, the man tilted his head in a lightly curious fashion.

tumblr-inline-o0vm0b-Hswg1rxsf53-100.png

"$15... is cheap in your time?" He inquired, as though that was the most unbelievable thing he heard today, letting out a soft, amused chuckle as though he heard the most preposterous tall tale, "That's an arm and a leg for me! Still though... I'll bet capitalism is just as "functional" as it is over there as it is now, eh? The rich always get richer, the poor gets poorer... and no one ever knows what to make of it. No one really even wants to think about it. America, land of the free, huh?" He said in an almost self-deprecating way, but decided to let his economic commentary stop there.

From there, his expression darkened slightly when Theo brought up the first "nightmare" from before, as he remembered the darker part of his life, but readily nodded. "Yeah. When I... died there, I just woke up back where I was. At the time, it was like waking up from the most bizarre, yet vivid, dream ever, and it haunted me all this time, making me wonder if it was just a delusion, or if there was something deeper than I thought," he sighed.

@Lucky @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Anybody

"Lady's got the right idea," Venkman replied. "We got a way to get you out of here so we're gonna take. Everyone who can fit get on the bus!" That last part was mainly aimed towards Dear Lois.

"Don't worry about me." A pair of wings stretched out from her body. "I gleamed our destination from your mind so I should be able to find it."

"Well great, did you uuh...see something else in there."

"I did," She smiled knowingly. "And I appreciate the sentiment."

With that Winston sat down in the driving seat for the bus as they began herding the group into the bus. Everyone managed to fit inside and with the Ecto-1 taking point sirens wailing they were off. Considering that it was going to take awhile Winston flipped on the radio.

The weather was starting to get worser the road up ahead was barely visible. If anyone was expected a sightseeing tour they were going to be disappointed. Time was lost to the group as they drove on until finally reaching their destination.

latest

"First and last stop the Firehouse. Thank you for riding Ghostbusters travels and wehope we'll see you again," Winston joked as he opened the bus door to let the group exit the bus. As they stepped out they even found that Dear Lois had managed to stay close to them no worse for wear.

"Come on let's get inside before we freeze our butts off." The Ghostbusters took point and lead the group into the firehouse where they were met by two women, one with red hair and glasses and one with long blue hair wrapped in a pony tail.

"Honey, we're home! And we brought some strays. Can we keep them?" Venkman replied as they stepped in.

"What are you talking about Pe-" As she turned to face the Ghostbusters she noticed the group behind them. "...Is this like the turtles or when we teamed up with all the Ghostbusters from different realities."

"Yeah."

"Kind of."

"Sorta."

"...Alright." The woman went back to doing what she was doing when they came in.

"Janine Melvitz, our receptionst." Ray went straight for the introductions. "And the one talking in the phone and reading the book is Kylie Griffin."

"Look I got to call you back, something big just walked through the door. Stay safe out there. Yeah, the boys just walked in, I'll tell them." Kylie hung up the phone and looked up at the group. "That was Melanie. She just said for every ghost they bag two others pop up. So far they are doing okay but with the weather as it is on top of the ghosts it's going to get ugly quick."

"Then we're going to head back out there. This is our city and we're not going to let any ghosts take over," Ray replied with confidence.

"Guess we're rolling out again, and I just started to get feeling back to my toes..."

"Wait. Are you leaving us here?"
Hector had been awfully quiet but to just leave them here. "Some of us have knowledge and skill to face these creatures, if there is an invasion of undead then would not our help be a boon to you?"

The Ghostbusters looked at each other before Ray spoke up again. "While we appreciate it, it's clear that some of you are just regular civilians and we just don't have the equipment or time to get everyone up to speed. For now just stay here and hold the fort down and we'll try to figure something out when we get back. If you really want to help, help Kylie by cracking up some tomes to try and see if you can find anything about this whole situation."

"It's a it's not you it's me situation, don't worry about it," Venkman responded in turn.

"Look like I said, if we figure out how and why you guys ended up here then we can try to figure something out. Think of it like holding down the fort. The firehouse is really important to us and with you here we know it's in good hands," Ray added.

"Yeah sure ignore the two who were already holding down the fort," Janine snarked.

"Present company not excluded of course. We'll keep you posted." With that the four Ghostbusters headed outside and soon they heard the Ecto-1 sirens blasting and going further away before vanishing completely.

The group now stood alone at the entrance left to their own devices.

"...There's some Chinese food and pizza in the fridge if any of you are hungry," Janine replied to the group.

uhcVegH.png

Lucian found the Ghostbusters' explanation to be lackluster, and in response he gave them an angry look. "You're kiddin' me. I've fought all kinds of creatures my whole life. Ghosts give me no trouble. And you're still gonna make me stay here?" Although he didn't like the plan, he didn't fight it much more than with words. He was very confident in his own abilities, but even though he had handled ghosts before, there was no telling if something about them was slightly different or not. That difference could be fatal in the heat of battle. The Ghostbusters are native to this world, so as much as he hated to admit it, he'd have to let them do their thing.
As everyone continued on with their own thing, Hector had finished inspecting the fridge. "I believe, Corrigan was it? Had a good thought. Perhaps not about a pattern, but what all of us can do. I believe if we are to survive this we need to know each others capabilities." He looked around the gathered group. "I realize trust is hard to earn and spilling secrets to strangers perhaps not the easiest, but perhaps I'll start then."

"I am Hector, where I am from it's the year 1480. I am what one would call a Devil Forgemaster." A blue flame formed in his hand as the same green skinned fairy from before emerged in his hand. "I create wicked beings of the night that are under my control. Creatures summoned and born of darkness, some original. some created through my own design, to even the formerly deceased and revived."

He turned to Corrigan. "So you could say powers relative to death as well as life. I also have equipment that helps me fight monsters and the undead." He removed his coat slightly to reveal what only looked like the hilt of a sword strapped to his belt. "My life has been filled with vengeance and deceit, but I strive to do better with someone I care most deeply for." He clenched his fist on the fairy causing it to vanish. "That is my tale. Does anyone else wish to share anything about themselves?"

A grimace once again formed upon Lucian's face as Hector talked about himself. Creatures born of darkness... those kinds of things must be eradicated; that's what the Sentinels of Light had sought out to do. But, they certainly hadn't anticipated the existence of other universes, so how could he be expected to purify everything?

Nevertheless, despite the rot of Hector's work, he didn't seem to be a man of immediate evil. In fact, he was a man of revenge, much like Lucian. "Your magic is impure. But I can't argue if that's how it is where you come from," he began, reluctantly conceding, "I'm glad you at least fight a similar battle against the undead, though. They took everythin' from me--"
"Hey, lou-shoe, you want some of this?" Zac suddenly turned to Lucian, wherever he was, and hold out another slice of pizza that he'd raided from the Ghostbusters' fridge. "... That's your name, right? I forgot to ask."

Not only was it dripping in cheese and grease, but it was now also dripping in Zac's slime.

"..." Lucian was left speechless as he stared at the disgusting combination of bread, cheese, slime, and other unsightly ingredients. "It's Lucian," he corrected, still staring at the sorry excuse for a piece of pizza. "And... no. I don't want whatever the hell that is. Not hungry in this situation."

Zac's friendliness continued to surprise him; the behemoth was from Zaun, after all. Nobody from Zaun was this nice. "You know, you're awfully kind for somethin' that came from Zaun. How'd you grow up? I doubt some mad scientist intended to make sentient slime without havin' a rotten purpose behind it," he claimed, sparing no effort to say it in a more polite way or less prejudiced way.

"Um, excuse me," he said, sounding even timider than he meant to. "You all seem so... calm. I don't really understand, shouldn't you be a bit more upset about all this?"
Lucian glanced at the young man, sensing his nervousness. The spirits would no doubt try to single him out first if he remained this way. "In times like these, stayin' calm is required," he spoke, sounding almost condescending, "These creatures feed off of your apprehension. They're drawn to it. Cut off their supply, and they'll starve."
"Oh, are we all giving formal introductions?" Grell asked, noting Hector's little talk. "Well then, Grell Sutcliff's the name, and I'm a Grim Reaper and Actress extraordinaire! I should, ahem, clarify what it is I do." She glanced at Lucian upon saying that.

"To put it simply, from the moment you are born, your soul begins recording your life experience. This is called a cinematic record, and my job is to review it when your death is approaching. Now almost every soul I come across ends their life right then and there, but there is a one in a billion chance that your life is so important to humanity that we allow you to live. I believe the last one was...in the 12th Century?"

Lucian let out a short, dry laugh as Grell elaborated on her job. "When you put it like that, you don't sound so bad." It was still odd to Lucian how Death could be a personified entity holding conversation with the living. The Lamb and Wolf, while technically given character through folklore, was no more than a concept, a law of the universe.

RmkXDcQ.png

The only time he'd ever see them was in his dreams, a place where the intangible could become the tangible. He was never sure if he saw them because he risked his life everyday, or if they were thanking him for making the undead reach their end. Perhaps it was both.

Last edited:
Jack grabs herself a slice of cheese pizza by the knife, eating it bite by bite.

"We wish to handle Atalanta by ourselves, but we will not stop you if you wish to hunt the huntress," Jack replies to Grell, "she is a powerful opponent, that we must say if you wish to face her.

If she had taken our mother in a most literal sense, then finding her here might be within possibility."

The man named Hector seemed to be beginning a chain introductions that Grell followed with.

"Well then, we will reintroduce ourselves then. We are the Jack thh riiifthhrrr..." Jack said, her mouth full of italian goodness at those last two words. "We were originally from London in what is known as the late 1880s, but we have been previously summoned into other years, such as 2005 and 2017, we believe."

Hector's history in forging from corpses from death might lead him to notice something about Jack's nature.

Shuichi looked up from the book to eye the pizza. He stared at it hungrily for a moment but eventually outstretched his hand to wave away the offer. "Ah... no, thank you, I think it's better if I hold off for the moment. I just..." Shuichi looked pensive for a moment. That these people were used to this sort of thing only made Shuichi feel weird and out of place. It was an odd thought when he considered himself likely the most normal person here. "... Anyway, my name is Shuichi Saihara. I guess if we're stating when we come from, I'm from the early twenty-first century. Honestly, I find it a bit hard to wrap my head around the fact that we would be from different points in history."

When Lucian spoke to him, Shuichi gave him a sidelong glance at first. He touched the rim of his hat and nodded at the man's words. "If that's how it is, I'll... try my best to keep my cool." He let a small laugh, unsure how else to respond. At the very least, Shuichi did feel safe here, all things considered.

@Takumi @Sark @Yun Lee @Ver @Lucky @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi

"Well to be perfectly honest, there had to be something significant about that dream, if we all experienced it together." Grell took whatever seat was available, eating the pizza herself. Best not to let it go to waste, after all. "Even if I can't remember the end much, it was far more real than anything I've ever experienced asleep!"

As Jack replied, Grell simply waved it off. "Oh, a personal blood vendetta, eh? Far be it from me to get in the way! Good luck finding your mother, dear; though hopefully you can get back to finding her soon."

@Ver @Crow @Ottonomous Ghost @Lucky @Atomic Knight @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Alex Azure @Jeremi

This sucked, everything about this situation sucked. Sure, Hazel thought about the good side of being in this debacle (okay, to be honest, she was pretty excited to meet new people and places), but seriously? How was she supposed to get home? Hazel had only heard of New York in an altas, and although Hazel estimated that she lived somewhere in somewhere called England, she had NO idea how to get back home, considering that the town's location was usually kept secret pretty well. And if the whole different realities thing was true....well, she was screwed.

Closing her notebook in frustration, Hazel grimanced as she realised she was hungry. And that she must have dropped her snacks while getting on the bus. Was the food here even edible, considering the poor quality of everything else here? Or was it like Arcadia, and she couldn't eat it? She hoped not. She didn't want to starve.

Hmm? Was someone calling her? Oh, Monika. Okay. Guess it was better then trying to write down an doom journal. Hazel straightened herself up.

"Sure! I'm kinda hungry, really. I wonder what kinda food they have, I've never heard of pizza, and chinese food doesn't give me a good description..."

Hazel walked over to the kitchen, and opened it to browse what was inside. Although really, it was hard to find something she never heard of.
@Yazzie
Theo Raeken

Theo had to chuckle a bit at being called a dog. He didn't mind being batted on the shoulder. " Outside of the homelessness and bit of sleeping in a car, yeah, my luck has turned a bit for the better."

Theo smiled. " I mean, you have mentioned that you were from 1893, Pizza probably exists in your time, but it might take a while to make a main stay in your world as well. It's actually fairly common and actually cheap, well, cheap for our time with it being fifteen or so dollars, which probably sounds expensive to you guys. Pay gets a lot better.... for most people in the future."

Theo would look over at her and wondered if she was shook by the question. " She looks to be about your age, has purple hair, kind of really shy and always carrying a book, purple eyes and dressed in a uniform like yours. If you do, tell her Theo that he said he was sorry for doing that thing in the dream and he very much regrets it. Eat away for me."
Theo just shrugged. " For most of us, this isn't our first time in this strange circumstance, so it's a new normal for me. If it makes you feel better, it isn't any least weird the next few times."

He turned to Ethan and decided to ask him a question. " Ethan, after you died in the dream, did you just wake up back home?" He asked. He wanted to know if maybe nobody had actually died in the Nightmare realm.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Yazzie
latest

Monika went completely silent as Theo described Yuri to a tee, one of the other girls made it out of the game, but how? She was the only one who was self aware. Monika needed to know if Yuri told Theo anything that would make him hostile to her in the future.

"You knew Yuri.....she......didn't talk about me at all did she?" She asked Theo, curious to see if Yuri had told anyone what she had did to win the heart of the player.

@Bark
@Archmage Jeremiah
@MelodyMeister

uhcVegH.png

Lucian found the Ghostbusters' explanation to be lackluster, and in response he gave them an angry look. "You're kiddin' me. I've fought all kinds of creatures my whole life. Ghosts give me no trouble. And you're still gonna make me stay here?" Although he didn't like the plan, he didn't fight it much more than with words. He was very confident in his own abilities, but even though he had handled ghosts before, there was no telling if something about them was slightly different or not. That difference could be fatal in the heat of battle. The Ghostbusters are native to this world, so as much as he hated to admit it, he'd have to let them do their thing.

A grimace once again formed upon Lucian's face as Hector talked about himself. Creatures born of darkness... those kinds of things must be eradicated; that's what the Sentinels of Light had sought out to do. But, they certainly hadn't anticipated the existence of other universes, so how could he be expected to purify everything?

Nevertheless, despite the rot of Hector's work, he didn't seem to be a man of immediate evil. In fact, he was a man of revenge, much like Lucian. "Your magic is impure. But I can't argue if that's how it is where you come from," he began, "I'm glad you at least fight a similar battle against the undead, though. They took everythin' from me--"

"..." Lucian was left speechless as he stared at the disgusting combination of bread, cheese, slime, and other unsightly ingredients. "It's Lucian," he corrected, still staring at the sorry excuse for a piece of pizza. "And... no. I don't want whatever the hell that is. Not hungry in this situation."

Zac's friendliness continued to surprise him; the behemoth was from Zaun, after all. Nobody from Zaun was this nice. "You know, you're awfully kind for somethin' that came from Zaun. How'd you grow up? I doubt some mad scientist intended to make sentient slime without havin' a rotten purpose behind it," he claimed, sparing no effort to say it in a more polite way or less prejudiced way.
Zac froze in place at the question, halting the process of devouring an entire set of Chinese food (box and utensils) included. The ooze lowered the food to the counter, releasing a heavy sigh that visibly deflated some his bulging 'muscles' as he side-eyed Lucian.

"It's, uh... well, it's not a pretty story, boss. I take care not to remind myself of it too often, y'know. Let's just say that even though I was... 'created' for somethin', I had parents. And if I learned anything from Mom and Dad, it's that they taught me not dwell on the past. So let's jus' say that I showed up one day with a clear purpose in mind. I'm sure you can relate, Lucian."

Zac's glowing eyes seemed to look directly at the Purifier for a single moment frozen in time amidst the bustle of the HQ surrounding them. The being's tone adopted peculiar humanity to it; one that may strike a particular chord with someone who carries purpose from the pits of adversity, a look seething with some life.

The moment passed in silence. Zac then let out a hearty chuckle, tossing the slime of pizza he'd offer back within his gob and allowing it to vanish into his mire like everything else he'd devoured. "Don't worry about it, Luc. I jus' pop around Zaun to help whoever needs it, is all. It's... not a bad city, really. It's a home for the best and worst to flourish, y'know. The little guy gets picked on by the big guy, and I'm there."

e697c4a28b7f062a02cb987f08d65eb2.png

"I'm just your friendly neighborhood slime-guy," Zac beamed with a confident, jagged smirk, folding one of his gooey mitts into a thumbs-up. "That's what I am."

Shuichi looked up from the book to eye the pizza. He stared at it hungrily for a moment but eventually outstretched his hand to wave away the offer. "Ah... no, thank you, I think it's better if I hold off for the moment. I just..." Shuichi looked pensive for a moment. That these people were used to this sort of thing only made Shuichi feel weird and out of place. It was an odd thought when he considered himself likely the most normal person here. "... Anyway, my name is Shuichi Saihara. I guess if we're stating when we come from, I'm from the early twenty-first century. Honestly, I find it a bit hard to wrap my head around the fact that we would be from different points in history."

When Lucian spoke to him, Shuichi gave him a sidelong glance at first. He touched the rim of his hat and nodded at the man's words. "If that's how it is, I'll... try my best to keep my cool." He let a small laugh, unsure how else to respond. At the very least, Shuichi did feel safe here, all things considered.

"That's the spirit, kid," the hulking, humanoid mass of ooze that accompanied Lucian cheer with a loud smack on the boy's back - thankfully, the ooze somehow managed not to stain his clothes. "I mean, look at me. Even if you don't got a spine, you have to stick up for yourself. But even if that doesn't work..."

Zac juts a slimy thumb towards himself, grinning as he stood heroically next to an unwitting Lucian. "Jus' stick with me and my pal here, Shoe. I'll get you and everybody outta this-- with some help from the Ghostbusters! Count on it!"

@Ver @Crow @Ottonomous Ghost @Lucky @Atomic Knight @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Alex Azure @Jeremi

Theo Raeken

Theo had to chuckle at Ethan's reaction. He didn't expect anything less of the man who was from the 1890s. He smiled, though to think that was the strangest thing that had happened in the area as well. " If by functional, you mean, the same train wreck that it has always been, then yes, it is so incredibly functional. But yeah, even the future, you are right about one thing. Nobody wants to talk about," he replied back, not minding engaging in a little bit of witty banter with Ethan, as it was something that he enjoyed. He was someone who he respected from back in Terror Town.'

Theo noticed that his expression had darkened and he had to admit that he expected it to be so. Dying, even if it was just in a dream was something that was most likely painful. " That sounds about right for all of us. We all woke up from it, being told it was just a dream, it took me a few moments and remeeting Deslin to realize that it was a dream and it was real for us. Also, apparently, Dream was wrong about one thing though. He said that we would never meet each other again, but that doesn't seem to be the case."

He would turn over to Monika and wondered if she was going to ask him another question. He had wished there were people he had learned better, but alas, that didn't seem to be the case. He had learned to know information outside that he had fucked up by kissing her.

" No, not as far as I remember. She was mostly quiet and kept to herself. I made a friend with her, fucked it up by kissing her and honestly, not much else. But yeah, otherwise, she never mentioned much about her home."

Theo would take a look at the ground and took a deep breath. " There's a lot to tell about me. I'm Theo Raeken, circa 2019 at this point. It was 2017 when we first met. I guess you can say my story started when I didn't save my sister Tara from drowning in a creek with a broken leg. … I was the one who had pushed her. I was a terrible kid. I did it to become a natural chimera and well, to have her heart transplanted into my body.... and I've killed a few people. And yes, I know this makes me sound horrible. I got greedy and then well, my sister dragged me into hell. I spent some time and when I was released, I had nightmares, but I eventually told her that it was okay, I deserved it. I tried to make amends for it. I helped the people I hurt, took away a dying kid's pain. And then, pretty much everything else I told you. Also, Grell, you're not too far off with the dog comment earlier. I'm part were-coyote and part werewolf, kind of like Ethan here. And before you ask how, I could smell it on you."

@Ver @Yun Lee @Yazzie @Jeremi @Atomic Knight

"Oh, are we all giving formal introductions?" Grell asked, noting Hector's little talk. "Well then, Grell Sutcliff's the name, and I'm a Grim Reaper and Actress extraordinaire! I should, ahem, clarify what it is I do." She glanced at Lucian upon saying that.

"To put it simply, from the moment you are born, your soul begins recording your life experience. This is called a cinematic record, and my job is to review it when your death is approaching. Now almost every soul I come across ends their life right then and there, but there is a one in a billion chance that your life is so important to humanity that we allow you to live. I believe the last one was...in the 12th Century?"

As Shuichi spoke up, Grell tensed for a moment. He looked an awful lot like the Phantomhive brat...but he was older and seemed far more polite. Plus, he had both eyes, so that was a good sign. Grell smiled at him, taking a slice of pizza for herself. "Why, some of us have experienced something worse than this together, dear." She gestured to Ethan, Jack, Akira, Simon, and Theo. "Crazy as it sounds, we were all caught up in a messy little situation of our own. Fortunately that was all an extremely lucid nightmare, but compared to what we experienced then? Not even those silly ghost pups from before could bother me!"

She offered him the slice. "Why not relax with a snack? It appears we're stuck in this predicament for a bit, so why not try and enjoy some company while you do?"

As Dear Lois offered coffee, Grell raised her hand. "Do you have tea? Preferably with plenty of cream and sugar?"

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Crow @Lucky @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ottonomous Ghost @Takumi @Alex Azure @Archmage Jeremiah @York
"I'm... I'm fine. It's nothing," Ethan breathed as Serenity asked if he was alright. This turned awkward, but at least no one else took much notice, right?

As Hector began to introduce himself, seeming to begin a conversation circle of introductions considering how big the group was, Ethan furrowed his brow.

tumblr-inline-n9496asg-N91so1xk1.png

"A... Devil Forgemaster, huh," he murmured skeptically, partially out of suspicion concerning the quality of his character, especially considering the dark magic he seemed to be so casually showing off. Even as the man spoke of be better for someone he cared for, Ethan held his doubts, but decided to let it pass for now; it wasn't like he was hurting anyone at this very moment, and they had bigger fish to fry right now.

When it came to his turn around, he raised his hand briefly, like an awkward wave, mostly toward those he didn't recognize. "Ethan Chandler, at your service. I'm... just a traveler; I guess if my year's relevant, I'm from 1893, and this isn't the first time this fiasco has snuck up on me before. Sorry to say though, I can't say what brought us here if you're looking for any answers," he spoke calmly, almost tiredly, before taking a cup of coffee as offered by Dear Lois. If there was one good thing about the future, it was definitely that coffee was still around. Who knew?

As Theo spoke to him, the man tilted his head in a lightly curious fashion.

tumblr-inline-o0vm0b-Hswg1rxsf53-100.png

"$15... is cheap in your time?" He inquired, as though that was the most unbelievable thing he heard today, letting out a soft, amused chuckle as though he heard the most preposterous tall tale, "That's an arm and a leg for me! Still though... I'll bet capitalism is just as "functional" as it is over there as it is now, eh? The rich always get richer, the poor gets poorer... and no one ever knows what to make of it. No one really even wants to think about it. America, land of the free, huh?" He said in an almost self-deprecating way, but decided to let his economic commentary stop there.

From there, his expression darkened slightly when Theo brought up the first "nightmare" from before, as he remembered the darker part of his life, but readily nodded. "Yeah. When I... died there, I just woke up back where I was. At the time, it was like waking up from the most bizarre, yet vivid, dream ever, and it haunted me all this time, making me wonder if it was just a delusion, or if there was something deeper than I thought," he sighed.

Jack grabs herself a slice of cheese pizza by the knife, eating it bite by bite.

"We wish to handle Atalanta by ourselves, but we will not stop you if you wish to hunt the huntress," Jack replies to Grell, "she is a powerful opponent, that we must say if you wish to face her.

If she had taken our mother in a most literal sense, then finding her here might be within possibility."

The man named Hector seemed to be beginning a chain introductions that Grell followed with.

"Well then, we will reintroduce ourselves then. We are the Jack thh riiifthhrrr..." Jack said, her mouth full of italian goodness at those last two words. "We were originally from London in what is known as the late 1880s, but we have been previously summoned into other years, such as 2005 and 2017, we believe."

Hector's history in forging from corpses from death might lead him to notice something about Jack's nature.

"Well to be perfectly honest, there had to be something significant about that dream, if we all experienced it together." Grell took whatever seat was available, eating the pizza herself. Best not to let it go to waste, after all. "Even if I can't remember the end much, it was far more real than anything I've ever experienced asleep!"

As Jack replied, Grell simply waved it off. "Oh, a personal blood vendetta, eh? Far be it from me to get in the way! Good luck finding your mother, dear; though hopefully you can get back to finding her soon."

MHXA took a slice of pizza herself. Still bundled in her coat, she raised her hand as well. "Dear Lois, I would also like some tea with extra sugar." It wouldn't be her preferred source of sugar, but any sugar at all would be useful in powering her source of magic. She took a single bite of the slice of pizza and winced. She swallowed the bite, but didn't make any further attempts too eat the unfamiliar food.

As everyone seemed to be introducing themselves, she decided to make herself introduced to more than just the other Servants. "As I have said before, I am Mysterious Heroine X Alter, Berserker class. You all may call me Alter, if you wish."

"Miss Grell, if all of you had the same dream and are here again, are you sure that it was a dream? Perhaps it truly happened."

@Ver @Crow @Ottonomous Ghost @Lucky @Atomic Knight @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Alex Azure @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Minerva

"Oh no, dear. That was absolutely a dream, as we all woke when we pinched ourselves. See, my hand had been burned and a horrible little monster had stabbed me in the leg, but once I woke up, both injuries were gone! Besides, Ethan and Joker over there wouldn't be here, as they both died within the dream, as well."

@Alex Azure

As Shuichi spoke up, Grell tensed for a moment. He looked an awful lot like the Phantomhive brat...but he was older and seemed far more polite. Plus, he had both eyes, so that was a good sign. Grell smiled at him, taking a slice of pizza for herself. "Why, some of us have experienced something worse than this together, dear." She gestured to Ethan, Jack, Akira, Simon, and Theo. "Crazy as it sounds, we were all caught up in a messy little situation of our own. Fortunately that was all an extremely lucid nightmare, but compared to what we experienced then? Not even those silly ghost pups from before could bother me!"

She offered him the slice. "Why not relax with a snack? It appears we're stuck in this predicament for a bit, so why not try and enjoy some company while you do?"

As Dear Lois offered coffee, Grell raised her hand. "Do you have tea? Preferably with plenty of cream and sugar?"

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Crow @Lucky @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ottonomous Ghost @Takumi @Alex Azure @Archmage Jeremiah @York

"Is there tea?" Dear Lois asked Janine who at this point wasn't going to question the fact that a woman that seemed to be 90% brain was talking to her.

"Upper cupboard left shelf behind the stale peanuts. You'll find a kettle in the lower cupboard."

"Much appreciated." Sure enough using her powers Dear Lois quickly rummaged through both shelves with her powers and filled the kettle with water and put it on the stove.

@Yazzie

The 'Chinese food' in question was an assortment of noodles, vegetables and meats inside white takeaway boxes. There was still another pizza in there and a bottle of milk dangerously close to its expiration date, but otherwise it seemed rather barren.

@MelodyMeister

The book he was given seemed... far outside Shuichi's usual interests, though he had to admit he was somewhat intrigued. He could not speak for the veracity of the knowledge the book contained, but he was fairly sure it would be an interesting read.

As he turned the cover and began to read, some of his attention was pulled toward the others in the room. He did not know who they were or where they came from, but they seemed like the kind of group one would imagine inside a dream. Snippets of conversation reached his ears and he heard talk of devils, souls, and different eras. It seemed like the kind of stuff the book Shuichi was reading would be all about. It was all a bit daunting, leaving Shuichi at a bit of a loss of how to process all of this.

"Um, excuse me," he said, sounding even timider than he meant to. "You all seem so... calm. I don't really understand, shouldn't you be a bit more upset about all this?"

@Takumi @Sark @Yun Lee @Ver @Lucky @Jeremi

Sure enough the book that Shuichi was glancing through seemed to have a number of summoning rituals and monsters. Or that seemed to be the idea, because it seemed like the book was written in Latin with a few helpful post-it notes written in English on a couple of the pages.

The illustrations were pretty though...in that morbid sort of way. Before he stopped and address the group though he didn't seem to find anything that matched the description.

@Atomic Knight

uhcVegH.png

Nevertheless, despite the rot of Hector's work, he didn't seem to be a man of immediate evil. In fact, he was a man of revenge, much like Lucian. "Your magic is impure. But I can't argue if that's how it is where you come from," he began, reluctantly conceding, "I'm glad you at least fight a similar battle against the undead, though. They took everythin' from me--"

Lucian glanced at the young man, sensing his nervousness. The spirits would no doubt try to single him out first if he remained this way. "In times like these, stayin' calm is required," he spoke, sounding almost condescending, "These creatures feed off of your apprehension. They're drawn to it. Cut off their supply, and they'll starve."

Lucian let out a short, dry laugh as Grell elaborated on her job. "When you put it like that, you don't sound so bad." It was still odd to Lucian how Death could be a personified entity holding conversation with the living. The Lamb and Wolf, while technically given character through folklore, was no more than a concept, a law of the universe.

RmkXDcQ.png

The only time he'd ever see them was in his dreams, a place where the intangible could become the tangible. He was never sure if he saw them because he risked his life everyday, or if they were thanking him for making the undead reach their end. Perhaps it was both.

"I wont deny that, and there was a point when I completely renounced my craft,"
Hector replied regarding his powers. "But as I said, vengeance spurred me on and forced my hand. I realized even if the source is of darkness it's how you use it that makes the difference. Under the employ of my former Master, Dracula. I did terrible things, but now I seek only to do good in anyway I can."

@Ver @Crow @Ottonomous Ghost @Lucky @Atomic Knight @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Alex Azure @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Minerva

Grell merely shrugged, but did as Serenity requested. "Death isn't so bad, darling, once you've given it a go. But if personal space is what you're after, who am I to intervene?" Someone who would probably be righr back where she was 15 minutes from bow, if we're being completely honest here.

Trying the pizza, Grell's eyes widened. "Oh my! This IS good! I've never tried anything like this in England...is this standard American fare?"

@Jeremi @Ver @Crow @Takumi @Lucky

"I've died before." Serenity responded matter of factly. "A long time ago, I don't exactly remember what happened before my death, but I remember the life I had before it for the most part, and being summoned by Master" She shrugged slightly. "But keeping my distance is familiar, at least...from those I don't wish to harm." She added, and honestly her existence before becoming a servant was rather lonely, but such was the life of a "Poison Girl" after all. She missed her master, but there wasn't much she could do about it currently.

As the others introduced themselves she would follow after Alter. "I am Serenity, of the Assassin class, like Jack."

@Jeremi @Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Others

Flip.

With practically a flick of the wrist, a gun was suddenly pointed right at Hector's head, held in Ethan's hand right at his hip. The posture was nonchalant, it practically betrayed the steely, cold gaze given off by the man's brown eyes, threatening to pierce into Hector deeper than any number of daggers could hope to.

image.png

"... A "former" servant of Dracula, huh? Pardon me for the knee-jerk reaction, but... at least from where I came from, he and I never quite got along," Ethan grunted, but despite his words, he didn't quite seem very apologetic at all, his aim still poised toward Hector, "Besides, how is it that you can so offhandedly decide on a whim to pledge and break allegiance from someone like him? I don't suppose it was a very smooth process," he went on, not quite caring if he was making a scene around the others.

Ethan knew that he was being hypocritical of so suddenly casting suspicion and ire toward Hector now that he knew the true name of whom he served in the past, but genuinely, he couldn't help himself. That cursed name that had brought him so much suffering, that had haunted him ever since that day. Even after everything, all the times he had tried to reincarnate into the world, all the times he had hurt those closest to Ethan or worse, it was a burden he couldn't bear to carry for very long, ready to burst at any moment.

Like now.

"In fact, if Dracula is as evil and powerful as he is throughout these different worlds, who's to say you don't know how we got here?"

@Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ottonomous Ghost @Yun Lee @Lucky @Crow @Alex Azure @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Everybody

Flip.

With practically a flick of the wrist, a gun was suddenly pointed right at Hector's head, held in Ethan's hand right at his hip. The posture was nonchalant, it practically betrayed the steely, cold gaze given off by the man's brown eyes, threatening to pierce into Hector deeper than any number of daggers could hope to.

image.png

"... A "former" servant of Dracula, huh? Pardon me for the knee-jerk reaction, but... at least from where I came from, he and I never quite got along," Ethan grunted, but despite his words, he didn't quite seem very apologetic at all, his aim still poised toward Hector, "Besides, how is it that you can so offhandedly decide on a whim to pledge and break allegiance from someone like him? I don't suppose it was a very smooth process," he went on, not quite caring if he was making a scene around the others.

Ethan knew that he was being hypocritical of so suddenly casting suspicion and ire toward Hector now that he knew the true name of whom he served in the past, but genuinely, he couldn't help himself. That cursed name that had brought him so much suffering, that had haunted him ever since that day. Even after everything, all the times he had tried to reincarnate into the world, all the times he had hurt those closest to Ethan or worse, it was a burden he couldn't bear to carry for very long, ready to burst at any moment.

Like now.

"In fact, if Dracula is as evil and powerful as he is throughout these different worlds, who's to say you don't know how we got here?"

@Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ottonomous Ghost @Yun Lee @Lucky @Crow @Alex Azure @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Everybody

If Hector was in distress he wasn't showing it not even turning to face Ethan. Janine meanwhile tried to step in. "Hey! Put that gun away this instan-!"

Hector held up his hand to show he had this under control. "Depends on what you consider smooth. A betrayal and the death of one hand and then by my own. Nothing was ever simple with him, nor do I believe this was the last time I will hear his name or the pain he has caused."

He turned to face Ethan now, looking down the barrel of his gun. "Perhaps he is the cause as to why I and all of you are here I can not say. Last I saw of him he was a mere shadow of his former self, slayed by my own hands. Fire your weapon if you must, but what good will that do to you in the long run? Unwillingly I may be here but I am here as an ally. So what will it be? Lower your weapon, or shoot me?"

@Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ottonomous Ghost @Yun Lee @Lucky @Crow @Alex Azure @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Everybody

Small town..,yeah, someone could say that. To be honest, the entire town felt like one big family at some points. For Hazel, it wasn't rare for her to walk to the bakery and recognise everyone in there. People who didn't fit in genrally didn't stay long.

Saying to either Joker or Casseta (she must have talked to the wrong person, she just realised. Guys' voices all sound so similar, it wasn't until she heard Joker's reply that she realised that she was looking at the wrong person.)

"That's right. Couldn't be possibly more then....200 people living in my town. We're all one big family, really! Although, really, it's not exactly working together in tandem, it's moreso just a worker's benefit. Along with a free newspaper. Besides, there's a few parents who are more then willing to see what their children are reading."

"Just wondering, but how many people are there where you live, uh...Jok-Oh, we can talk about this after the bus trip, okay?"
@Archmage Jeremiah @Bark (?)

"Situation: Somewhere called New York. Has bad temperatures and filthy air. Currently over run by ghosts (apparently). In Ghost Hunter HQ (?), has to 'hold down fort.'

Notes: Outside seems to be dangerous, referenced by ghost hunter stating that we are 'regular civilians', likely refering to me. Something about different realities, which while usually I would dismiss as insane, maybe explain the large variety of cultures. While most are human, there's a monster that while on our side, is likely from another dimension. (Like Fred?)"

@Open for interaction​

Hands casually dug into his trouser pockets, Joker stepped off the bus and back into the biting cold of winter. Taking a second to himself, the Phantom Thief split from everyone herding into their destination single-file to peer out into New York. Seeing the massive urban jungle so barren and draped in shadow brought back sour memories of Christmas in Tokyo. Gazing skyward to the crimson veil blanketing the clouds, he half expected the pelting snow to turn to blood. Spinning around to regroup, Joker was then met with that iconic crest of the Ghostbusters, and in a single moment his usual carefree confidence returned to his grim visage. Squinting hard enough at it, he swore it looked almost like something ripped straight off a Spectrestoppers poster.

Almost.

Slipping inside behind everyone, Joker followed Monika, shamelessly pilfering a slice of pizza and eating silently, leaned against the fridge. Listening to what Hazel had to say gave him more than enough time to finish his snack.
"Not much more than a thousand," Joker answered simply, "Hate it there. The second I can, I'm moving back to Tokyo,"

@MelodyMeister @Yazzie @Bark

The Ghostbusters looked at each other before Ray spoke up again. "While we appreciate it, it's clear that some of you are just regular civilians and we just don't have the equipment or time to get everyone up to speed. For now just stay here and hold the fort down and we'll try to figure something out when we get back. If you really want to help, help Kylie by cracking up some tomes to try and see if you can find anything about this whole situation."

Reading the room, Joker couldn't shake his aura of anticipation, nor could he calm his nerves. If he was dressed in his phantom disguise, it was because something saw him - and by association, everyone else gathered - as a threat, and the answer 'ghosts' wasn't exactly helping. Like a handful of the others he wished he could have joined the Ghostbusters wherever they were headed, but for the moment, the most proactive Joker could get was flipping through dusty tomes. Swiping the first one he could find, Joker hovered around Kylie's station, mindfully searching the book's contents.

"Sorry for invading your world,"
he quipped Kylie's way.

@Jeremi @y'all

Okay...this didn't look appetising at all. The only thing that she could really recognise was the milk, and she could see that it wasn't good milk. The food seemed ediable though, if not arranged and made in a differnet style then Hazel was used to. Still, she had to admit she liked new things. Taking out a small paper box, Hazel looked through the food. So...what was the thin swirly stuff? Was this meant to be eaten cold? Because this didn't seem like it was meant to be cold. But then why was it in the freezer?

Taking a noodle with her finger and slurping it, Hazel cringed her face. Okay, she couldn't cook, but she was pretty sure this wasn't how it wasn't meant to be eaten.

"How are you meant to eat this..."

Hazel mumbled under her breath. Scooping up a soggy small vegetable along with a few other noodles, she began to eat it with her finger. She listened in to what Joker said, and her eyes widened. She turned her head of him.

"One thousand?! Woah...that's a lot? How big is your home to fit that many people in?"
@Archmage Jeremiah @Bark @Yazzie

Grell watched the telekinetic teamaking in awe, jumping up from her seat to watch it all transpire. "Fantastic!" She leaned over the teapot, admiring the display. "So, gas stoves are still in vogue even in the 20th Century? Do tell me-are they more refined in the future? You'd be surprised how many souls met their end thanks to...these...things..."

The sudden tension in the room finally caught up to the reaper, and she looked over her shoulder to see what the source of it was. And what did she see? Ethan, standing there in a disgusting underground cavern, in a standoff. Though the person against him was not Hector; rather, a large behemoth with gray skin, who was holding back a screaming demonic doll. Grell knew all too well what came next: she begs for his life, the doll attacks Ethan, then her when she tries to stop him. She remembered the horrible, horrible event that came after the calm once the doll was disposed off. And above all else, she remembered something, the one thing that truly made that dream an absolute hell, one that had become unbearable without Ethan and the others.

Helplessness.

Yes, she had been completely helpless, hadn't she? Helpless to rescue Ethan and those other fine men when Grundy came calling. No death scythe, no post-death immortality and agility...it was as though she was a mortal again, forced into a dismal existance from which there was no escape. Thankfully, it was all a dream, and that feeling was gone the instant she woke up. Ethan's death, too, had been a dream, thank God. But this? Grell had tried to deny it at first, but this was all very, very real. And Ethan could die for real, if he wasn't careful. But now...Grell wasn't quite so helpless anymore. And she wouldn't be that way, either, ever again.

And especially not now.

"Oh come now, you two! We were all getting along so nicely before..." Grell appeared by Ethan's side, a cheerful smile on her face. "Now I've never met this Dracula fellow, but you both seem to mutually dislike him, so is there any need for this tension when you're both on the same side? Believe me darlings, I live for drama, but now isn't the best time! We should all team up to deal with...erm..." She looked to Shuichi and Joker. "Say, has anyone figured out what it is we're dealing with here? Or do we need more people fliiping through those musty old books?"

@Ver @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Archmage Jeremiah

After getting around to heating up his own slice (pretty much doing exactly what he saw Theo do because he otherwise didn't know otherwise how to operate a microwave), he found himself embroiled in the exchange with Jim, crossing his arms as he got to work on pondering their situation. "1893 myself. I remember, last time this happened to me, there were lots of other people scattered saying they were from different times. Like now, there were some people saying they're from the damned new millennium, but there was also another fellow who said he was from the 1400s," he explained, thinking back to a certain Trevor Belmont for a brief moment, "But if there's a pattern, I'm not quite sure if I see it..."
"This whole event seems... different from my last Crisis" Jim muttered, his eyes releasing a green glow as two minds thought as one "The 52 worlds under my watch back then all seemed so... similar. The patterns were mapped out before me, drawn like lines in the sand... but here, all is not as it should be. My foresight has been... clouded. The centuries are not charted before me as they once were... but I stand by what I said:
images

"We both see the clues... we simply have to assemble them... Many of us... have been touched by the arcane... touched by time... I can sense it..."
There were books and books littered around the area where Kylie was researching. It seemed like she had been cracking the books ever since they go the call about the invasion. "Familiars and totems huh...you might find something in Tobin's Spirit Guide but I think there is another book about mystical artifacts and stuff." Though looking at the massive stack of books it might be hard to find it. "What's your angle? Are you thinking we're dealing with some sort of artifact or what?"

@Sark
Corrigan thumbed through the pages of the Spirit Guide at remarkable speed, his eyes caressing each page in search of any relevant text. He thought allowed as he worked, speaking in a dream-like, dazed tone.

"In order to open up a spiritual portal as large as the one above us, its Champion would have to have expended an immense amount of spectral energy....Keeping it open for several days would require an even greater reservoir of power... Its unlikely that such strength would come from a single source... we could be dealing with a figure harnessing the power of a Godly Patron... or channeling the power of the spirits themselves through an object of power...

"Its likely that a ritual or summoning took place within the last month in order to cast the portal... the best place to start would be to search for a prophecy... that failing, any mention of suspicious actors in local news reports... Animal disappearances... Bad Omens... Anything that could direct us towards a particular cult or spellcaster.

"If we can find out how the door was opened, we can find a way to close it..."

Flip.

image.png

Like now.

If Hector was in distress he wasn't showing it not even turning to face Ethan. Janine meanwhile tried to step in. "Hey! Put that gun away this instan-!"

Hector held up his hand to show he had this under control. "Depends on what you consider smooth. A betrayal and the death of one hand and then by my own. Nothing was ever simple with him, nor do I believe this was the last time I will hear his name or the pain he has caused."

He turned to face Ethan now, looking down the barrel of his gun. "Perhaps he is the cause as to why I and all of you are here I can not say. Last I saw of him he was a mere shadow of his former self, slayed by my own hands. Fire your weapon if you must, but what good will that do to you in the long run? Unwillingly I may be here but I am here as an ally. So what will it be? Lower your weapon, or shoot me?"

@Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ottonomous Ghost @Yun Lee @Lucky @Crow @Alex Azure @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Everybody
A fire began to burn within Jim's chest, spurring him to raise his tone and speak with the voice of many yet again. The Spectre wished to judge the gunman's soul, but he lacked the support of his jury. The verdict was not yet final. It didn't take the power of God for Corrigan to read Ethan's actions; nobody was going to die tonight.

"Twice you have raised arms against your fellow man, Ethan, and twice you have done so without murderous intent. Your threat is hollow. You are not an evil man. Your target is not deserving of your wrath. Lower your tool of hollow threats. The time for violence is not yet here"
@Yun Lee @Everyone​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back