Open Anyone up for a little PvP?

Jas

Exceptionally Common
Forum Moderator: Arena
I used to be heavily invested in PvP roleplaying. At the time, most of it was structured, with a given ruleset and judging criteria, and was handled tournament-style. However, PvP seems to be generally out-of-vogue here, and I'm not quite sure why.

But I have an itch that I would like to scratch.

So what I am proposing is just a free-form, unstructured PvP matchup to get my legs back, since I haven't really PvPd in quite a long time. Story-wise, it'll be something like a shadow organization choosing fighters (willing or unwilling) from throughout he multiverse, and so we don't have to give a whole lot of justification for why we're there, and any conceivable genre could be justified.

For fairness, we'd both post up our character sheets and give the other player a chance to review it, in case they feel something is unbalanced. Once we come to caucus on them, we'd just jump into the fight. I'm also not looking for something prohibitively long at the moment. Fight goes until one or both members are incapacitated or dead, then we move about on our way.

For rules, the basic respect rules of the site apply, as well as an emphasis on no "god-modding" or whatever name you like to call it. Every action, even if it's "unblockable" or "undodgable" gets a reaction. The emphasis is on story and (pseudo-)realism; if you cannot justify why your character may be able to block an attack the other character believes is "unblockable," then you cannot block it. You can "stack up" a combo, but it needs to be open-ended enough to allow a conceivable reaction from the other player.

If you're interested, just feel free to post here. I'm not sure I'll get any bites, but in the off-chance I get more than one, I'd entertain multiple concurrent matches.

Hm, that was fast. Alright. I'll get the OOC thread up soon, and we can get our character sheets up in the next couple of days. I'll probably upcycle an older character to get it out there faster so you can see what level of detail I'm hoping for.

Greetings! I am most definitely interested in partaking in the bloodshed. I've been wanting to test my Griffin's new toys and this seems like just the place. He's not stupidly overpowered, but he's probably got too many abilities. I'll provide a link to his bio here if anyone wishes to brave the wall of text. Thanks in advance for any and all considerations.

Greetings! I am most definitely interested in partaking in the bloodshed. I've been wanting to test my Griffin's new toys and this seems like just the place. He's not stupidly overpowered, but he's probably got too many abilities. I'll provide a link to his bio here if anyone wishes to brave the wall of text. Thanks in advance for any and all considerations.

Welcome to the club :)

Holy crap. I definitely don't have time to read this right now, but I'll do that in the next day or two. If we're talking powerful characters, I think I have an OC who can compete.

That is, if no one else in this little "fight club" wants a go at him. Please feel free, if you like. I'm as interested in getting a movement going here as I am in trading blows myself.

EITHER way, go ahead and post the link in the character depository thread. Or, preferably, condense it as much as you can to fit the format of the others. I don't want you to change him, but even I balked a bit at the length of that. Either way, though, if no one else jumps at this, I'll get my character sheet up soon.

After that and after we've both reviewed the other's bio, I'll get the fight thread up. I'm getting amped. This is a much better response than I expected.

And, echoing GigaBit, welcome to the club.

Cool. I should probably make an OOC thread for this.

I appreciate both of your welcomes and prompt willingness to contest my bird kitty. I shall migrate over to the OOC myself. Happy fighting everyone!

OOC thread is up

Anyone who wishes to join in the fray can post here or there. The first rule of interdimensional fight club is to tell everyone about interdimensional fight club.

Back