Aorki's School for the Especially Gifted

Jennifer chased after Luna, a smile on her face as she attempted to keep up with her friend. Up ahead she could see several more students chasing after what seemed to be some sort of cat, lynx is she was correct though shall had no clue why. Maybe the teacher had turned into a lynx? That seemed pretty likely.

“16” he gurgled back, finally letting in to the girl’s persistence, her almost begging voice tugging at his heart. She really seemed like she had no clue what she was talking about and really did need help, and if that was the case Harrison wouldn’t hesitate to offer. As long as she doesn’t touch him they would be fine.

As Jennifer caught up, Luna smiled. The beginning of the year is looking very positive. Of course, this is just the first day - part of the first day, at that - but if things don't take too much of a negative turn, I'll make the honor roll with all of my companions intact. Luna reached into her pant pocket, took out a notebook, flipped some pages, and started scribbling out some things with a hardened piece of snow and ice she picked up to write. I say hello to my friends first thing in the morning, then I study, then I prepare for classes, then I go to- Luna's eyes widened and she snapped as she faced Jennifer with a worried expression.

"Jennifer. Not trying to pressure you into knowing about everything this school has got to offer, but..." Luna started hyperventilating as she grabbed her hair and put it in front of her shoulder. "Do you know how the dorm style will be set up? It could either be amazing, so-so, or a disaster!" I could get Jennifer if we're doing age level and same-sex, which would be fine, but moreso for me than her. If we're only doing same-sex, then I could get Kylie, who would be the perfectly compatible roommate. If we're not doing those, I could get Clive, who could tell me all of his amazing secrets on being a wonderful mutant with amazing use of his abilities... or I could get Electro Boy back there. Luna sighed. I guess my best hope is that we'll have singular dorms.

Jennifer looked at Luna for a second before bursting into laughter and grabbing the notebook out of her hand to firmly shut it, “Mach dir keine Sorgen du alberne Gans!” she exclaimed stopping to give her friend a firm hug. “If I have learned anything from going to different schools is that girls and guys are put separate so you have that down, besides I am not letting a knucklehead like you out of my sight! You’ll be fine!” She finished ha ring the notebook back to Luna, a smirk on her face. Sometimes Luna worried too much and Jennifer was certain that that much worrying was not healthy for her!
((Translation: “Do not worry, you silly goose!” ))

Clark
Clark had to laugh at his friend’s comment. It was weird, how people can change over the years yet also remain the same. Esen has been advocating the death/expulsion/imprisonment of the louder students for years. He was pretty sure that’s how they became such good friends in the first place.

Looking around, the teen noticed that there were a few new students. It was good to see some new faces he supposed, but he certainly wasn’t going to go out of his way to say hi, not when Esen was still pinning him to the seat. That, and the fact that some seemed to be talking to Kylie, something he really didn’t want to get involved with.

"Don't worry, i'm pretty they'll quiet down once Mr.Carthan gets sick of the constant noise." He reassures her, shifting in his own seat as he looked over the small girl to the outside, womdering when they were going to get moving. He was... well, not bored because Esen was here. Excited, perhaps? He had always wanted to participate in whatever it was the seniors did while the teachers bullied the new kids. Hopefully his powers might actually be useful here.

Fitzy
As she followed the blonde and her little brother (because no self-respecting big brother would allow himself to be drgged around like that) into '10-C', Fitzy was ready to burst in rage. Well, to be more accurate she was ready to just lock the Ghist in here with the teacher and see who came out on top.

Storming through the doorway, arms straight and rigid as her head hunched forward, she spots him. "What the hell was that?!" She yells, gesturing an arm towards the room she had just come from. "You tell us to go with you, then disappear into the snow like some sort of goddamned... whatever the fuck disappears into snow! A glaile?! If she," at this she points towards the blonde woman. "Hadn't seen where you went, i'd still be out there! And what about the kids who haven't rocked up yet? Ah?!" At this, she got as close as she could to the taller man, face betraying an intense desire to slap a certain someone.

Max looked at the angry blue-haired girl and smiled, realizing that this was a situation where he needed to calm the girl down. "Now, Azul," he immediately nicknamed her, "I understand that he didn't make his departure the most obvious, but the principal did direct us to him. Uncle Jaime can't exactly pick up a twenty-foot rainbow-colored banner, run around in a circle a hundred times, and then yell 'I'M OVER HERE, PEEPS!'" Max started sending electricity to his cheek, so that if Azul here slapped him, she'd get a shock. "No offense to you, dear, but if you didn't follow him like I did, that's not his problem... that's yours."
----
Luna was squeezed in the hug, grunting. Though she felt awfully cramped, she smiled. I am... so blessed to have a friend like this. Luna didn't think she worried too much - in fact, she thought she was reckless. Not being cautious once got her in trouble - being three steps ahead of fate usually benefited her in life, but sometimes she wasn't and she couldn't predict what was going to happen. If she herself got soft, then life was going to get tough - was that a result of her power? Luna didn't know. But she knew that with such wonderful friends and her own mindset, great things were coming. "Thanks a million, Jennifer. I guess I needed that talk... whatever."

Last edited:
Konstantin

He was tired after finally making it to the finish, he was happy to be one of the first ones there, but also wanted to toss this teacher down the hallway, what kind of test left your students out in a snowstorm. The out burst from the girl that had been following them actually made him chuckle. He now waited for their next instructions, and wondered what other tricks they had planned.

Victor

He smiled at her, "I've been here for a year, and it is nice to see a familiar face." he said she looked a bit more grown up than before, his memories were a bit fuzzy of her, but he remembered talking to her at least once. His parents had been generous people. "What are you doing here, I didn't peg you as some one with powers those years ago. Did they manifest later?" He asked inquisitively, his eyes locking with hers briefly.

Kylie's expression quickly shifted into a more sour one when Eugene took a hold of her arm, as though not exactly pleased with him just suddenly touching her like that. She let him take a look at her "armored" arm for a moment if nothing else, before pulling away after he finished talking, rubbing the armor like a germophobe hastily cleaning one of their own possessions up.

"Yeah... Yeah, I can cover my whole body to be like this, but I can't... make swords or whatever you're thinking of. No need for stabbing anyone when I can just break someone's bones with a punch if I really wanted. And I do often want to..." Kylie said, beginning to trail off, before clearing her throat as her arm reverted to normal, the armor dissipating in a small flash of light.

"Armoring up isn't the only application though. I can also "share" my ability and armor other people up, or I can enhance more abstract stuff like my senses, among other things. Depends on the situation, really, but hopefully this exercise will be a breeze without having to resort to that..."

Alishar soon found his way in the school, mainly with the help, albeit unwilling, help of a teacher he had Run into. The schoolbwas pretty big but not as humongous as he’d originally thought, soon he found himself with the others who had gathered around. He had taken his time after loosing the teacher, he wanted every detail to be remembered after al tommrow he’d have to walk around her anyway, he smacked Into someone who was way to Hyper and immediately Recoiled, afraid that he’d activated his power, only to realize he’d only touched their shirt and everything was fine, wel for him, he seriously doubted they wanted him to touch them. He backed off and looked at the teacher.

Fitzy
For a moment, all was quiet in the room as the blue haired girl slowly turned her head towards the COLOSSAL MORO- guy who had spoken up, idly noticing it was Sparky. Marching forward, face a rictus of rage as an eye twitched, she looked down at the UTTER DOUCHBA- self entitled sounding BRAT.

"Listen here you little shit." She says to him, voice low and cold as one delicate finger roughly jabs the TITANIC ASSHOLE in the ribs as she bore down on the smaller male. "I don't know who you are, and I frankly don't care. What I do care about is that you listen very, very closely. That man," She gestures towards the teacher with a free hand, not bothering to take her eye off of the suicidal idiot in front of her. "Left students, who were entirely new to the school, abandoned in either the snow or some random ass hallway with only the instructions to 'find corridor 10-c'." Her voice takes on a mocking tilt here.

"Now, it's not like i'm asking for some God. Damn. Fireworks. But how about instead of leaving students alone and scared in their first day of school, the teacher did their damn job. And as for you, mister 'I think i'm funny', I reccomend the list of poor choices that lead to this, starting from where your parents decided to keep you."

With that, the blue haired firecracker spun on her heel and marched off back towards the door.

Last edited:
(Y'all know Jaime's still a lynx, right? Ah well, we'll pretend he shifted back and was waiting for everyone to catch up. As @will30358, you should probably power down Max, I didn't know super-speed was one of his abilities.)
--

Jaime's feral grin was as big as ever as he stood outside the specified chamber, one door was slightly ajar as he stood barricading the entrance. He'd reverted back to human and was miraculously dressed in a rather snappy looking leather-emboldened suit of straps and buckles and his previously messy mop of blonde hair was slicked back out of his face; whether from sweat or an application of gel could not be told. With arms laid across his chest, he only grinned savagely at the distraught student. "I'm here to teach you to think on your feet and without warning. If you'd listened to me in the first place, you wouldn't have had any issue." He commented, patting Max on the head for attempting to defend him, but also silently warning him not to interfere further. Max was a good student, but he could also be a bit too passionate. "Perhaps you should pay more attention to your professors instead of your social life? You're friends might keep you alive in a pinch, but the instructors will teach you how to keep yourself out of those situations." He added with a slight dip of his head. "We have been around a bit longer."

"Professor, perhaps we should not provoke the students and begin the assessment?" A new voice inquired, as a small woman appeared behind Jaime, waving the students past the lynx. "Good morning, Children, I am Professor Katzenbach. I'll be assisting Mr. Milizia for this exercise."

"How many times do I gotta say it? Don't call me that!" Jaime gruffed, but pushed his way into the spacious room beyond. Inside the room was sparsely decorated with a small door in the back where Professor Katzenbach had retreated to, waiting patiently for her instructive counterpart to complete his speech. Other than the far door, the only thing in the room was a strange little device in the very center of the room which Jaime approached, tapping a button on the interface. After a moment, an impressively detailed holographic city filled a significant portion of the space the room offered. "All right kid, listen up!" Jaime started, waving his hand in a circular motion over the map, making it turn slowly. "This is a simple exercise. You'll be entering this city and making your way to this building here known as Shark's Tooth Tower." He explained, gesturing to the largest tower in the very middle of the map before continuing, "Once you reach the top, there will be something waiting for you. I could be an adversary, it could be an exit. That's all I'm permitted to tell you. You will, however, not be doing this alone. You will enter the map with one other person - and no. You do not get to pick your partner. Partners have already been decided and they are not negotiable. You will however, be entering the map with one other team. There will be challenges and puzzles to solve on your way, and for those of you intuitive enough to find them; will also discover some hidden secrets and objects of great value throughout the maze. Meanwhile, you're progress will be monitored from this room which will keep track of your movement in real-time by myself and your fellow students. Now, shall we begin?" Pulling a clipboard seemingly out of nowhere, he listed off four names and gestured towards Professor Katzenbach. "Mackenzie Peterson and Grace Fitzgerald will form Team 1 while Yekaterina Sokoloff and Luna Severa will form Team 2. Please follow Professor Katenbach as she will be the one transporting to the city you see before us. As for the rest of you, Alishar and Enzo Martin-Laurent will form Team 3, going in when either Team 1 or Team 2 exits. Hugo Martin-Laurent and Konstantin Sokoloff will go in as Team 4 once another team reaches the finish. And finally Jennifer Pirofsky and James Baker will be the last team to enter. Times will be individually tracked from the moment your team enters the city."

For all you visual people, here's the city y'all are being transported to:
shark_civilization_by_6doug9-d6haj5x.png

Last edited:
((@NetherMyth Super speed isn't one of his abilities, he just had adrenaline. You're faster when you're excited.))
Max smiled as he Jaime made himself clear in a respectable manner, disappointed in himself that he had crossed a potential lover off the list but in the end not really caring that much. So, I'm with this Grace fellow, huh? You know what would be funny? If Azul was my partner. She's empowered, but I have a feeling that she'd be a bit of a pain to work with. You just can't judge people by their cover, summary, and first five pages, can you? Max looked around at everyone who could be a partner of his. He'd seen Luna around the school before, so he wasn't with her... Maybe Luna's new friend? Max didn't know. But other than that one guy ((Alishar)), the twin, the other guy ((Garretson)) and Jaime, there weren't many guys here, only leaving Max with three options to guess was his partner. Ooh, who do I want? The twin girl would be nice, but if I met her brother, that'd be awkward... Then again, Azul doesn't look like the nicest... hrmmm.
-----

Luna sighed, disappointed she wasn't with someone she knew but happy she didn't get someone worse. She faced Jennifer and put her hands on her shoulders, her eyes staring deep into her friends with a bit of sadness. "Jennifer... it was really nice seeing you again. Looking at you is like remembering a milestone... and even better, remembering a friend. If you die, I will personally strangle Death, bring you back down to Earth, then kill you again, so stay safe with your partner. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time..." Luna smiled. "I hope we'll get to see each other again."
@Beebasaur

Last edited:
@Ver

"Don't worry, whatever exercise they're putting us through. With your armor abilities and my badassery, I'm sure we'll be able to breeze through whatever they'll throw at us without even breaking a sweat." Eugene comments. The boy arrogantly leans back in his chair as he wasn't worried about what as going to happen. He's got the abilties of 9 different animals in his DNA ready to face any challenger that wishes to take the king's throne. Eugene stretches out his arms and places one around Kylie's shoulders. "Yep I'm sure we'll be the best pair since Edison and Ford." He lets the words sink in for a second before continuing. "I'm Edison. You can be Ford."

Last edited:
Alishar Gulps and makes sure to study the holographic display as well as what’s to come he looks around for the person he was partnered with and gies fo stand next to them. “ Righto, what a fun little thing to have happen today.

Maroe wondered if Victor had known about his own powers or he had manifested later on too, given he had only been to the school for a year. Had they both been mutant back then and not known it? "You could say that," Maroe replied. Her eyes didn't break from Victor's, though he wouldn't meet her gaze for more than a few seconds at a time. "My dad is a mutant...an empath actually...and things got a little rough in my home town. I got upset one day at work, then it just sort of happened. I don't know how to describe it, but the expert they made me see after I was arrested called it matter manipulation." Her tone was light, as if it weren't so big of a deal but her bouncing knee belied her nerves. He didn't have to know the details of what happened. It was best that no one knew all of it.

The bus gave a lurch as they started forward and Maroe braced her hand on the seat in front of them, flashing Victor a warm smile."Anyways, I was sent here rather than prison, so that's good news. What about you?"

Carthan already felt the growing annoyance bubbling under the placid veneer of his self control. These kids were going to be a test on the dedication to his practices and as irritating as that would be, what good were skills untested. They were only children after all, and patience would be needed. The tall professor pushed his glasses further up his nose, then addressed the various questions that had been presented more or less.

"I am your tech professor, and as such I will answer questions about technology throughout the semester," he answered as the bus gave a jolt, "And to answer the rest of you, we are going to another facility designed for practicing and honing your skills. Today's assignment will be a tournament and I have already paired you off with your opponents which I will announce when we arrive. If that's all the questions you have, then we will proceed to the arena."

The kids were all abuzz after that little announcement and he sat down in his seat, not caring to hear other questions for the time being. Lacing his fingers together, he closed his eyes, trying to block out the banter.

When the bus came to a jerking halt, the door opened with another mechanical hiss and Carthan rose to control the mob of children. "Disembark the bus and line up for your assignments." With that, he marched down the awkward bus steps and waited. Once everyone was outside,they started bumbling over each other trying to arrangement themselves in an orderly line. After five minutes of horseplay, the tech teacher stuck his fingers to his lips and whistled. "Line up!"

That order seemed to produce better results, and finally all the children were lined in front of him. Visible behind the tech teacher was a flattened meadow of an arena, including a rack of stadium seating, a score box and a penalty area which consisted of a glass container of sorts. Otherwise, there were 6 pits of concrete dug into the earth, making up the tournament area.

"Before we begin there are rules to this tournament," Carthan announced, "And they are as follows:"

1. Keep your powers within the concrete ring. I'm not cleaning up your messes. If you do go outside the ring and damage the grounds, you will be held responsible. You will also be disqualified.

2. No killing, maiming, or permanent damage to your opponent today. This is for practice and I like paper work even less than messes.

"That is all," he said as he pulled out a small plastic pistol from his hip holster, "Should someone have difficulty following the rules today, I do have other methods of behavior modification."

He could tell that the eyes were on the pistol in his hands and he allowed himself a small smirk. "It's not a traditional gun, but one of my own invention with some unique features. Non-lethal, but if you get hit, you might wish it had been."

With the class gone blessedly quiet, he read the pairs off from his own eidetic memory.

"Victor versus Clark"

"Esen versus Kylie

"Eugene versus Maroe"

"Clively, Blanche, and Harry. Your opponents will be waiting for you in the ring for you. The winner of the tournament will receive a prize."

He stepped to the side and let the kids go about their assigned task. One of the girls, a taller one with strawberry blonde hair stopped at his side and tilted her head. "Is it a requirement t' use our powers?"

Carthan raised a brow at her. "No, but you should think about how you will survive if you don't, Ms. Lareux."

Clive sat quietly for the rest of the bus ride, until it hit the stop and that tech teacher ordered everyone out. He was slow to move, since he heard something about a tournament, when he stepped out of the bus, Mr Carthan was talking about a tournament, and his worst case situation came through. Clive was gentle, and didn’t think it was proper to beat someone up, espically with his sort of power. He was tense as the names were called out, since he didn’t want a powerful opponent, luckily, he got the art girl and slime guy. He let out a small sign of relief and began walking over to one of the concrete areas. He looked at the two and pointed in his direction.
“Ahem, come on you two, over here. So, both your powers are pretty passive, is that right? Drawing things does take some time, and slime isn’t the strongest ability in this area. Um, I’m simply pointing your limitations , so I hope you don’t think I’m rude.”
@romamaro @Beebasaur

Jennifer nodded, giving Luna one more tight squeeze before she grinned, “don’t worry I can take care of myself! It is you who I am worried about! “ she said with a chuckled before glancing around to try and find her partner. She wasn’t too sure who he was exactly but he sounded pretty cool, and as Jennifer waited she already started thinking of team names.

Harrison slide down the bus steps, his body leaving a green goo behind him that most of the other students attempted to avoid, and he slide over to join the kid named Clive. Harrison didn’t acknowledge Clive’s statement about his powers, instead he just glanced behind him, waiting and watching to see when Blanche got off the bus. Despite the extremely minimalistic conversation they had had Harrison found himself already liking the girl.

Blanche nodded quietly to Harrison's answer. He really didn't sound like he was enjoying the conversation, not at all. With a final sigh, she mumbled, "Well, I'll not bother you!" with false cheer, and turned in her seat to try and find someone else to talk to. She didn't find anyone, and spent the bus ride inspecting her chalks.

She let other people off the bus before her, and slipped easily into the line when it formed, close to the centre. She wasn't going to lie, she was very wary of the first thing she did being 'battle practice'. It was going to be difficult. At least she could draw on the floor, and it wasn't made of sand, or something. When the teacher called her name, it struck a bolt of panic through her heart. She was first up? God, today was full of not-ideals.

She was ready to just head to the area, maybe get a head-start with a drawing, when her head automatically turned to the sound of someone calling on her. She moved over, and was quickly accosted with the bad parts of her power. Her brow furrowed, and her bottom lip flounced out in a pout. "My drawings don't have to be detailed. A line or a scribble works just as well as a full mural," she defended.

Eugene vs Maroe @ChelonianCommander @aryamajor

Eugene smiles and woots as he eagerly jumps into the ring. "Alright let's kick some ass!" He said, pulling up the sleeves of his hoodie. It was shame they were confined to the one ring, but it wasn't that big of a deal. He had many ways to win and many stratgies to make that happen. "Now let's see who's this poor asshole really is."

Maroe had no idea who Eugene was, but considering most everyone was already paired off, she assumed it was the guy waiting expectantly in the last ring on the left. She pulled off her over sized sweatshirt revealing a band camp t-shirt and then captured her thick, light red hair into a bun before jumping into the opposite side of the ring from the boy. It was insane to think these teachers just wanted them to duke it out on the first day. Professor X would have been proud at least. Standing across from from him, she gave him a timid, but friendly smile. "Hi. Eugene, I hope? "

"Hell yeah. I'm the guy whose....Hmm....you know you don't look like the type of person who has a kickable ass." He comments as he looks over Maroe. She wasn't much to look at. Honestly he was hoping that he would get paired up with that maxster guy and kick his ass for being such a loudmouth. She just looks like the type of person who wouldn't even know how to throw a punch if she really wanted to. With that in mind he lets down his guard. "So.....this is awkward. You....can you even fight? Like what can you even do?" He asks

She shifted her weight, feeling a bit awkward and shrugged. "I guess I'll have t' find out. I don't actually want t' hurt you. Some first assignment right?" Depsite her nerves, she curled her fists and held them up ready to for the sparring to begin. There had been a few fist fights back in Baton Rouge when the hazers and mutant haters came calling. She'd held her own then. How could this be much different?

"Ok so since you're a chick" he hopes at least "How about you get the first punch? It's only right to be chivalrous." The arrogant Eugene added. He knew 'basic' fighting by watching boxing matches on the TVs in department stores and had some experence fighting other people that weren't mutants but it was experience nonetheless. He was sure that he would be able to beat this girl in no time flat, but the big question is can he do it without seeming like an asshole to Kylie.

This guy was something else. Chivalry? It was hard to tell if he was being serious or making fun of her southern background, made evident by her slight and probably permanent accent. Either way, it was a bit annoying. "Hmm...alright then." Maroe took a running start and tackled Eugene with her shoulder in his chest, driving him into the ground then grabbed his arms flipping him over, to sink her knee into his spine as she pinned his arms. The muscle built from playing her cello came in handy as she used her body weight to keep him face first into the ground.

Eugene wasn't sure if the girl would do against him and he certainly wasn't expecting her to charge towards him in what seemed like a fool's errand. He prepared himself to counter this Maroe, but was not prepared for her greater then expected speed and agility as she tackled him and got him on his chest and getting him in a hold. "God damn girl! You're more scrappy then I expected!" He complimented. Now he knows she could probably hold her own in a close quarters fight, at least against anyone that isn't him. She wasn't anything compared to his superior strength as he rolls over, easily throwing Maroe off and quickly reversing the situation. He pins her on her back by holding down both her wrists and using his legs to keep her waist locked down. "Unfortunate for you, hand to hand is pretty much a death sentence against me."

Maroe let him talk as he wanted, almost laughing as he seemed so surprised, until he reversed pinning her with his weight on her wrists and imbolizing her waist. The shoulder check hurt more than she expected. Usually, people were a little softer than she expected. Was his power super strength? Tough skin? It was hard to tell. Now, his weight was started to make her wrists ache some as she leaned over to chat some more. His words made her grey eyes snap up to meet his. "I wouldn't say things like that," she replied, "It's not something a gentleman should say t' a lady." It was a warning, and she didn't know how many she could give if he kept it up. With a swift movement, she slid her left hand along the concrete, scraping the back of her hand, but throwing his balance forward. Then she brought her opposite knee up to his butt, bumping him further forward and flipping him again so she could roll away.

Maroe managed to wriggle her way from his grasp, and got him on the floor. He quickly recovers, jumping to his feet as he saw her rolling away. "Heh. You seem like the type of girl who knows how to handle herself in fight. So no you won't get any more gentlemanly acts from me. Just the one." He said and he prepared for a counter attack. He removes his hoodie, as to keep it from being torn in the fight and spoke as he did so. "So Maroe, if I may ask, have you ever been stung by a guy's tongue before?" He asks her, throwing his hoodie out of the ring, and leaving his torso exposed.

Eugene was quite a talker during a fight and normally that might have gotten him beaten or worse. Still she humored him, more for the concern of what she would do if he came at her and an accident happened. This was her first fight since leaving Baton Rouge. When he took off his hoodie it was evident why the shoulder check hurt more than it should have. His skin was glossy and hard like a bug exoskeleton or even a clam shell. No wonder he had been so heavy. It also meant that punching him was probably out of the question. A shock of nerves at that realization buzzed through her. Now,what was she going to do? The next quip from him, changed her expression from concentration to slightly disgusted, her nose curling. Who asks something like that? "I don't kiss and tell," she replied.

"Cool. So you won't tell anyone if I tongued you right?" He teased before bring up his fists to around chest level and began to start up another conversation, trying to goad her. "So I must ask, are you new at this or are you simply experimenting with some new tricks?" He teased.

"I don't think I'll be boasting that you were interested in doing anything with me." Her voice was cool even if her nerves were live wires. It was hard to tell if he was saying these things to throw her off or his tongue really had powers. His chest was weird enough looking as it was and she would feel bad for any girl he got ahold of with a powered mouth on top of that. "I don't fight for fun, if that's what you're asking. As for experiments, that's not something I want to do with a classmate." She held her fists at the ready, the scrape on her hand stinging as it welled with dots of blood.

"So you're saying you did stuff before, just not with classmates. Oh well look at you Ms. Scandel. And here I thought you were just a southern belle looking for the right man to tongue her. Maybe you would like it if I gave you a nice tonguing. Hell I'd even give you a tonguing right now if you want." He teased, giving her a smile and a flirty wink. He knew what he was doing. Hopefully he can get her to do something stupid enough for him to stick her with his stinger and give her a dose of paralyzing poison.

Maroe stared at Eugene completely unsure on how to respond to that for a moment. It was just flat out gross. There was no way she could hit this guy and it have any effect and her mind was scrambling with ways to take him down without using anything extreme. Even if he was trying to goad her. "Well, that one way t' make a girl speechless an' not in the way you were intendin'," she winced finally,"And teasing isn't such a good idea. If it's really a roll you want, you're gonna have t' come get it." She'd do her best to grapple him down like anyone else.

"You sure about that Maroe? Don't want to hurt you and leave you speechless afterwards." He replies. Eugene slowly moves fowards, inching in as Maroe spoke to her, talking the entire way in order to keep her from figuring out what he was doing. "Besides I wouldn't dare hurt a sweet lady like you. Bright eyes, lovely figure, smells like a bundle of roses. You're just the definetion of southern classiness aren't you?" He teased

He was inching toward her which was at least a change from standing sending the most bizarre pickup lines or the worst shot at goading her she'd ever heard. If she had been so easy to poke into a fight, there is no way she would have lived where she did for so long. Still, he felt the need to continue talking as he closed the gap. She didn't care if he came closer. It would only make the fight end sooner and they could get out of the ring relatively alive. "C'mon if you're coming...sugar," she replied, throwing in the pet name with a roll of her eyes.

"Only if you want to spend the next 3 hours limp as a noodle." He replied before jumping forward trying to grab her arm, clothes, anything really that he can use to pull her in. Holding on wasn't an issue as he could simply use his gecko pads on his hands to keep a good grip on her, but he couldn't punch or kick her, or else he might risk dangerously injuring her so he needs to do the next best thing and try to get her within biting distance and paralyze her without actually attacking Maroe.

"I doubt you're that good with a woman," Maroe replied through gritted teeth as he grappled her. His hands grabbed at her forearms, pulling at her shirt feeling sticky somehow. She shivered but managed to dodge the first grab. The second one caught one of her hands at the elbow, so she stepped toward him, spinning around him rather than away then same arm to climb to his back, her legs wrapping around his waist. His sticky hand still had her arm, but she was on top with his throat nestled tightly in the crook of her elbow. If she could squeeze hard enough, maybe he would knock out without a fuss.

Maroe had him in a chokehold, but all the better for him. She didn't take him out fast enough and gave Eugene enough time to finish the battle. He was still stronger then her and Maroe tried to use the same trick twice, getting him in a grapple that is. He used his free arm to grab at where Mareo's elbow crook was and used his gecko pads to get a hold on the arm before pulling it off just enough for him to be within biting distance. He opens his mouth to let his tongue out and reveals that it is no longer a wide flat tongue of a human but now a long straw like appendage that is controlled as easily as a normal tongue. The tongue quickly darts to Maroe's exposed skin and fired off a harpoon filled with paralyzing venom faster then one can blink into Maroe's arm. The venom quickly spreads from the point of contact, causing paralysis in the affected arm and travels through her system at frightening speeds, numbing her muscles, then paralyzing her body, making it so that she would only have a few seconds to react and move before her body would be fully paralyzed.

"Ew, did you just lick me?" she hissed, as she tightened her grip. Quickly, she realized whatever he had done burned her arm and the burn was spreading like a wild fire, numbing as it flared. A paralyzing tongue? Not good. Her body was starting to panic under the poison attack, as her heart beat faster and faster. "No...no..." Already the pulling sensation was starting as the fear built, compounding on itself. It started with what she was closest to always and the more she tried to wrestle it under control the worse it became. A terrible feeling would begin to prickle over Eugene's skin like a a rusty nail clawing down tender flesh, only in patches at first as his clothes began to turn to dust, seeming to unravel at the seams. His shoes began to disentegrate along with the concrete below them. Her body was completely numb, but she was entirely awake and that wouldn't stop the power. She couldn't make her arms obey to let him go as her ability started to dig in.

"What the hell is going on?!" Eugene thought as his pants and sandles began to disintergrate before his eyes. He didn't want to know if the same thing was going to happen to him, probably in fact since he felt a painful sensation going down his skin. He needed to end the battle soon and at this point, if he kills her then he'll need to suffer the consiquences, but he hoped it won't come to that. Eugene pulls off the arm that was keeping him in the hold just enough for him to pull his head forward then he slams backwards, hitting her in the head with the force of a pro-wrestler punching her in the chin, courasy of the rhino genes, trying to get her off him and to knock her off. Worst case scenario he'll need to give her another dose of venom, but that might just kill her as the venom was strong enough to stop someone's heart if too much was given. He put a lot of faith in his ability to knock out this girl by slamming his head into her own.

By that point Maroe was more than ready for the fight to be over. Not because she wanted to give up, but because the out of control whirling in her mind made her nauseous even if her entire body was limp. She couldn't even tell him to run if she wanted to. Instead, of dropping her and running away from her, he flipped her over by the arm with a hard jolt. The immediate impact felt like nothing, and the head butt left her dizzy with her ears ringing. He'd hit hard she was sure, but it was the motion of the brain inside the skull that rendered someone unconcious rather than the force of a blow. It would have been far better to choke her out. Numb and dizzy, her eyes swiveled to him in wild desperation as her power continued to expand beyond her control until a thump hit her in the neck, not something that Eugene had done at all. Instead, Mr. Carthan was standing on the edge of the pit, his specalized pistol leveled, having just put a dart in the girl's neck with expert aim. Maroe's eyes rolled back into her head, and the power field emitting from her ebbed away. "Good Eugene, though might I suggest you not taunt a matter manipulator. Particularly, one that's already killed 12 people." The teacher put his weapon away, having put a stop to the girl before things got out of hand on the first day. She was one he would have to keep is eye on among others. "Just leave her in the pit and go clean up for the next round," he waved, before walking away.

Eugene crawls out from underneath Maroe, with his pants destroyed from the knee down and his sandals completely disintergrated. "Yeah. Next round. Right funny joke. I'm going to find another change of pants and another pair of sandals." He told the teach, grabbed his hoodie and left the ring. Before he left, he turn back to look ar Maroe and then turned to the teach. "Hey Maroe's gonna be fine right? Cause I harpooned her and injected some really powerful venom. Then you darted her. She's not going to like....die right?" He asks

"If you are out in the field, you may not have the luxury of finding new clothes," Carthan relpied, "So long as you don't go back to the main campus for new clothes, I don't care where you find them. " The second question caught him off guard a little and he raised a dark brow at Euguene. "Interesting. Ms. Lareux will wake up with a nasty headache courtesy of the serum and your own tactics. She will not die."

Interesting? What was so interesting about being worried for someone who's been venom harpooned then tranqilized? Still it was nice to know that Maroe isn't going to die or at to least hear it from the teach. "Good to hear. Try not to work to hard." He joked before walking off with his belongings. It seems as if he won't be able to find any new pants anytime soon so he might as well go and see how Kylie was doing. He slings his hoodie over his shoulder and goes off after her scent.

Winner: Eugene

Winner: Clark because Jonathan didn't wanna fight a naked dude.
Huh. So he was up against Victor? Clark... wasn’t sure how he felt about that. Sure, it was nice to be against a guy he knew but uh... he was still his friend. Where even was Victor anyway? He hadn’t seen him around, nor heard any mad cackling from his more disturbing side.

Making sure Esen wasn’t about to start complaining after he deprived her of his body for a pillow, the teen waves goodbye to his Best Friend and scans the crowd, eventually spotting his buddy near the front.

“Hey Victor! Good to see you man. We’re up.” He says, waving a little and giving a small smile as he greeted his friend, throwing an arm around him.Victor was a bit surprised at the match up. Him and Clark, it would be interesting that was for sure. He hadnt seen Clark, but knew he had been in the bus.

He said his farewell to Maroe, and looked for Clark, then suddenly an arm wrapped around him. Turning he saw it was exactly who it was. "Seems so, this will be interesting, we haven't really sparred have we?" He said with a small smile, he wiggled slightly to get out of Clark's arm and faced him. "No hard feelings after we do this then?"

Clark would be a challenge but not completely so, he'd have to play smart and fast. But it was a friend, so he didn't want to hurt him, they'd have to be careful.

“Nah, we haven’t. Gotta say though, been looking forward to it.” Clark responds cheerily as he starts making his way into a ring, miming a few punches into the air that could have shattered anything hit by them. Taking a halfassed boxing stance in the ring, he watched his friend. He would need to end this quickly. Victor was smart enough to be able to eke out a victory if Clark didn’t use everything from the get go. Of course, not everything, but he still needed to be wary.

Victor nodded to his friend, this was long over due. Stepping towards the ring he loosened and took of his tie, he tossed it to the ground and rolled up his sleeves. He let himself fall into a focused state as he called to his power. *End it quickly, don't let him get close. If he reaches you it's over.* Jonathan communicated to him. "I know, he won't get the chance too." He whispered back. He faced his friend and shook his arms, the ring dropped fifteen degrees almost immediately.

“Okay. Let’s do this.” Mutters Clark, before he slams a fist into the ground. All around from where his fist impacted, the ground cracked and shook, disrupting Victor’s balance. Grabbing a piece of stone, Clark hurls it’s towards Victor at a fast rate, before beginning his dash towards him.

The ground breaking had thrown off Victor, as he stumbled Jonathan shouted from inside, *Stone incoming!* The image flashed in his head and he dropped low out of instinct the stone passed above him grazing his hair. As he dropped he called to the cold and slammed his hand into the ground, a sheet formed across the arena, and he used the it to create a pillar of ice that propelled him into the air. He flipped in the air and landed on another pillar of ice that had formed.

The temperature dropped another fifteen degrees.

Clark shivered as he clicked his tongue in annoyance. He had thought for sure the stone would work. Digging his toes into the hardened ice below them (he had taken his shoes off for the fight), the teen didn’t give his friend even a moment of respite as he tore the first pillar of ice from the sheer that had formed with a mighty *crack*, before using it as an impromptu javelin and crashing it into the base of the other pillar Victor was standing on. From there the teen leaped over both pillars with titanic force, raising both his hands in preparation to crash down on top of Victor.

As the pillar crashed to the ground Victor flipped and landed on his feet Above you! Jonathan told him, and Victor smiled and looked up as Clark was in the air. Using a shard of ice that was in the air, he condensed the moisture in the air around it and made it form a large pillar of ice then shot out horizontally aimed at the airborne Clark, an airborne target made things so much easier. The pillar would continue on it's path after it made contact.

Clark felt something slam into his side, the pillar of ice scoring a glancing blow as the teen's airborne momentum carried him out of optimal strike zone. As the pillar continued to rocket overhead Clark hit the frozen ground, back skidding along the floor before he managed to dig his fingers into the ground and bring himself to a halt. "Alright." He mutters as he flips himself into a crouch. "If you wanna play it like that." He dug his fingers into the ground and heaved, the land around him cracking and breaking as the ring of the floor was suddenly tilted at a 45 degree angle. Both contestants losing sight of one another as a small wall rose between them.

Victor slide out of the way of the rising ground, backing up to a safe distance. He had to play this smart. Switch out, I can take him. Jonathan said, "No, I got this." Victor replied. Victor stopped moving away and locked himself onto the ice. He couldn't see his opponent, and he didn't know what he was planning.

Victor took this time to prep, he dropped the temperature once more. He then created a double layered wall of ice spanning the length of the arena, it's surface refracting the light and distorting his location, hopefully it would buy him the time he needed to formulate a strategy. As an extra precaution, he covered his body in a layer of ice.

Clark burst through the concrete he had lifted, his slender form bulldozing through both it and the two walls of ice Victor had erected, the teen having simply dashed in the direction of where he had last seen Victor backing off.
Crashing through the walls of ice, shards glittering all around him, he couldn't help but smile as he realised he had only been *just* off target, with Victor to his direct right and within arms reach. "Hi there!" He cries, extending an arm and going for a running clothesline on the teen. It wouldn't hurt too badly, obviously, but it would knock him into the floor with enough force to have him reconsider getting up.

Victor hadn't expected this exactly, but it was workable. Instead of letting the clothesline connect he fell backwards, landing with his hands against the ground as the arm passed above him. It surely would've been game over had it connected. As it passed him he froze the ground beneath Clark's feet once again, hoping that his momentum would carry him either out of the ring or at least further away.

He pushed himself up, with some ice propelling him faster, he stepped down and launched himself further using a pillar of ice to propel him. Landing he turned and readied himself for Clark's next move. His head started to ache with the strain of using his power as well as constantly lowering the temperature.

Oh for fucks sake. Clark slipped on the ice beneath his feet, scrabbling to find purchase. It was only through his feet slamming into the ice beneath him that he was able to stop himself from being slid out of the ring, instead coming to a stop in a cloud of shards.

Crouching, he wipes at his chin. It was absolutely freezing, and at this point he was pretty sure that any normal person would have just keeled over. For a moment he just watched Victor, trying to figure out his next move. He had done quite a lot of his tricks, yet nothing seemed to work. So, maybe it was time to go simpler.

Standing, the teen stomps his feet into the ice around him, shattering the buildup, and raises his arms in front of him, ready to block any attack. With that, he marched his way forward with almost agonising slowness.

The slow approach made Victor both wary and gave him the opportunity he needed. Now that Clark wasn't dashing around breaking everything he could throw his plan into action. Focusing once more he took all the cold that was in the ring and condensed it onto Clark's moving form, the temperature around him would be overwhelmingly cold.

But Victor's target wasn't Clark himself, but rather something that would make Clark less of a threat.
He focused harder, and concentrated the temperature drop into Clark's eardrums, freezing the liquid inside. It wasn't permanent damage and could be healed but it would throw off Clark's sense of balance enough for him to pull out a victory.

Clark tilted as the world around him suddenly began to sway, the young man shaking his head as he continued his way forward. He knew what Victor had done. Had expected it the moment he slowed down. It was time to stop playing around and pull out all the stops. He still had fuel in the tank. He could do this!

Reaching a fist back, now that he was halfway towards his friend, he once again smashed it into the earth. Only this time, it was a far, far larger impact. The entire arena erupted as a shockwave of force billowed out from where contact was made as the earth around rose, the shockwave of force bowling over any caught in it.

Not giving Victor any chance of a break from the attack, the unbalanced teen sent a foot into the pillars of stone and cement that had risen up from his blow, the massive projectiles launching forward at rates that would rival most planes towards the teen.

Victor watched and stumbled as Clark made his move. It was over, there was nothing he could do, he prepared himself for the impact that would come. NO! Jonathan's voice roared, and his personality took control forcibly.
A wave of intense heat exploded from him, cratering the ground below him, turning it to slag.

An explosion below him that occurred at the same time, launched him skyward. He wasn't exactly fast enough as Clark hit his legs causing him to spin forward in the air. He flipped through the air and stumbled his way into a landing, turning he sent beams of focused heat in Clark's direction, he growled as he did so.

"Oh you've gotta be kidding me." Mutters Clark, eyes wide as the teen struggled to get to his feet, panting as he watched Jonathan hurled himself into the air, only being clipped by the pillars, and eventually come down to fire the focused heat.

Raising his arms to cover his face, Clark leans into the heat, the sudden change in temperature wracking his body as he pushed his way through the beams and towards Jonathan. "Give up Jonny! I've..." he slips, knee hitting the ground for just a moment as his concentration faltered and the world swayed around him.

Noticing Clark's fault, Jonathan roared and redoubled his attack into a much larger beam of heat. Enough. Victor said to him. Understanding and conceding to Victor's wishes, he cancelled his beam. But he wasn't exactly done. He would make sure that this fight was a victory. He snapped his fingers and twin explosions went off on either side of Clark's head. "Stay down." Jonathan growled at him.

The explosions rocked Clark's mind as his body shook. To describe how he was feeling was... difficult. He wasn't all that tired but it was just... so hard to concentrate. But he coukd hear Jonny talking. He heard what he was saying, and had to crack a smile.

"Come on Jonny. This is fun, and you know I ain't the type..." He says quietly, shaking his head in an effort to clear it. And it worked. The heat from the beams has unfrozen the liquid inside, and while the explosions had certainly rocked him, the most prevailing problem was no longer there. He looked up towards his friend, a grin in his face. "To just give up!" He roars as, with a burst of speed propelled by his overwhelming strength, he rockets off the ground and towards Jonathan, arms wide for a tackle as he went from downed adversary to rocketing less than a few metres.

Jonathan sighed. As Clark rocketed towards him, he muttered one word. "Muspelheim."

The ring exploded in a nova of fire and heat, the source originating from Jonathan himself, it exploded outwards with tremendous force, cratering the ring and turning the ground into glass.

Clark's body rocketed back out of the flames, crashing back into the centre of the ring and coming to a stop as he rolled, groaning and stark naked, his clothes having been immediately burnt off. "*dude. That was so cool.*" Clark groans after a moment of silence, spreadeagled on the floor. "But..." he hefts himself up into a standing position, right hand covering his modesty. "If you don't just quit now, i'll have to do two things i'm going to regret. Both involve punching your lights out. Problem is i'm right handed."

Jonathan touched down on the glass that was once ground and looked over in annoyance at Clark's voice. But he stopped when he saw him completely naked. He when from annoyed to laughing so hard he was crying in less than a second. "Oh my God.... That's amazing.... That's simply..." He broke down again in laughter.
He took a second to regain his composure, and wiping away a tear he said, "I am not fighting you if you're naked." He looked up, "I forfeit, I'm not fighting someone like him while they're naked."

Clark's face quickly billowed up in a red blush as Jonathan broke down laughing, his adrenaline fueled confidence disappearing in a flash as he swiftly began to resemble a tomato. "H-hey. You did this to me!" He shouts at him, trying to preserve his modesty as well as he could with both hands before looking up at where the teacher should be. "Uh... Sir! We're done here. C-could you please bring me a towel?"

Suddenly without notice, Jonathans vision swam and the last thing he saw before everything went black was the ground closing in on him. In front of him, Clark swore.

Kylie vs Esen

Kylie continued to mentally deflect the flat compliments that came her way from Eugene, or at least, that's how she saw the flattery, especially when it quickly started to come back to himself. The girl almost felt obligated to reply to him, but fortunately, the bus skidded to a halt, and the act of reaching their destination seemed to be a good transition as any to segway out of this exchange. Without a word to even acknowledge Eugene's words, Kylie was quickly up and about, brushing him off again (despite her previous agreement of being his "partner" now) and making her way forward.

As the students all lined up and the rules were set out for the battle, Kylie popped her knuckles as she was paired up against Esen. In terms of practical combat skills, Kylie didn't think much of the gloomy girl. Being a third year, perhaps at this point she should have known better than to underestimate people, especially people she'd known of for some time, but it was just something that she believed.

With all that said, Kylie wordlessly made her way to the ring where she was to do battle. Kylie usually fancied herself an aggressive sort of fighter, not necessarily because she was one of those types who lived for the "thrill of the fight" or whatever those hotheaded loudmouth boys talked about, but just because, as she reasoned, if a fight's objective was to defeat the enemy in front of her, then she had to do everything in her power to do just that, no dilly-dallying around that. All that said though, Kylie was admittedly a little hesitant when it came to fighting someone like Esen, not that she let it show on the outside. The two of them were hardly friends, even if one might argue that aspects of their personalities might have been able to mesh well together, but not only did Kylie know her for two years now ever since they were first years together... Well, straight up, hitting someone with Esen's constitution ran the risk of putting a brief, bad taste in the blonde's mouth.

Still, she was here for a reason.

Her resolve could not waver. Kylie Heidrich had to be steadfast, as always.

Kylie had to look forward on her path, and if Esen knew what was good for her, she'd burn with the same determination as well.

Popping her knuckles as she stood on one end of the ring, her lavender eyes gazed at Esen intently, almost as though intending to pierce through her with her very gaze if she could. And with that, she began to walk forward, straight for her opponent.

"I don't exactly care to beat you like this, Esen, but I won't insult you by suggesting you surrender and spare yourself the scrapes and bruises," Kylie spoke, her arms suddenly glowing a subtle light before metallic armor quickly materialized on both of them, her Enhancement power at work to fortify the strength behind her upper limbs as she continued to leisurely move, "Instead... I'll put you down as painlessly as I can. Even if it'll still be painful."

She spoke as though victory was an absolute certainty.

Because defeat was not a conceivable scenario for Kylie Heidrich. That's how she wanted to carry herself.

Blank pink eyes peered up into the intense lavender ones, the only emotion detectable being a hint of curiosity. But even that was fleeting.

Esen was plopped on her butt when Kylie joined her in the ring, slowly removing the weighted shoes that kept her from floating off. She nonchalantly pulled apart the bows holding the laces together, before taking off her shoes completely and unceremoniously tossing them over her shoulder. Immediately after the weight was gone, the small mutant began to float up a few feet into the air. It was difficult to control, but Esen brought herself to eye level with the other mutant (who she was sure would kick her ass, but she wouldn't let her doubt show).

"You're awfully confident," Esen muttered, her voice as quiet and tired sounding as ever, watching the other girl stalk threateningly towards her. As soon as Kylie got within hitting distance, Esen leaped, her weightless allowing her to bound over Kylie's head. She made sure to tap it with her bare foot as she did.

She brushed her hands across the ground as she landed, her soft palms grazing the rocks and pebbles that lay on the bottom of their pit. Immediately after her touch, the rocks pulled up from the ground, bits of dirt crumbling up around them and joining the stones as they hung in the air.

Esen had turned by that point, her feet skidding against the earth as they tried to keep their grip.

Kylie was about to think up some response to snap back at Esen with, but before she could, the fight had already begun, and the gloomy girl had already leapt over her in order to evade her attack. She could only click her tongue as Esen tapped her head with her foot; the gesture in of itself felt almost like a taunt, but Kylie knew better. For a lack of better words, she was afflicted now.

But if that's how she wanted to do it, then Kylie would go the distance to see how long their powers would last.

With that, the blonde girl turned around and eyed Esen up, remaining still for a moment as rocks gravitated around her. As Kylie stood, her chest area suddenly surged with a subtle jolt of energy, broadcasting that she extended her Enhancement to fortify that part of her own body, as though anticipating to protect herself if the need arose.

"Yeah..." She finally breathed with a nod, "I guess you could think of me as someone who's always looking forward!" Kylie exclaimed, and with that, dashed swiftly right for Esen with a burst of speed that was impressive considering she hadn't enhanced her legs to grant her extra speed, hoping to keep Esen on her toes here and now.

It would have been easy to send Kylie twirling into the air, but Esen didn't have enough time before the other girl that jolting towards her.

The pink haired girl clapped her palms together, sending rocks hurtling towards Kylie, their weight around thirty times heavier than normal. Not heavy enough to horribly injure her, but they'd certain slow the other girl down.

She didn't wait to see if any of them connected, bending her legs and springing out of Kylie's way. The fight would be over if Kylie was able to touch her.

The rough earth dug into Esen's bare feet once she landed, stones ripping the flesh of her soles and making her wince. She bounded off again, landing as far away as she could from Kylie. Underneath her was a large, circular rock, and she yanked her arms upward, pulling the rock out of the earth and bringing herself a good five feet in the air.

BAM!

As each rock was hurled straight at Kylie, the girl swung her arms forward, one after the other, hoping to punch the rocks out of the air with her fortified arms, and for every rock that she missed, she soaked up the impacts with her enhanced upper body, proving herself resilient against the onslaught of projectiles headed her way. She gritted her teeth, but stood her ground, letting more and more of the projectiles pound away at her. As much as Kylie was tempted to fortify her legs to give Esen a better run for her money sooner, she kept her Enhancement power focused on her arms and chest for now, keeping a clear focus on her strategy. She had to temper everything just right, apply the right amount of pressure, but not overly so.

As Esen leapt away again, the two of them engaged in a rough game of keepaway, Kylie made for another dash, heading straight toward her opponent. As the large rock was pulled up, looming threateningly in the air, Kylie knew that if that was propelled at her with deliberate force, it would likely give her more pause than the other projectiles. With that, she made a judgment call.

Sorry, Esen, but I did warn you that this is gonna hurt!

Finally deciding to "enhance" her legs, she did just that, the same surge of energy enveloping her lower limbs as they glowed for a minute, before flesh was overtaken with armor, and with her enhanced legs now, she leapt up several feet into the air, right at the floating rock! Throwing her arm forward, channeling strength into the punch not just from her power but also from her hips, she punched through the rock, shattering it apart to its very core, and keeping her momentum in her trek through the air, managed to reach Esen herself right after. With her arm still outstretched, she crashed her reinforced fist right toward Esen's face, going in for the kill!

Not literally, of course.

The rock had pretty much exploded, and a fist was heading straight toward her face. There was no more time to think. She swerved to the side, her body twisting like a cat as she feebly tried to get away from the punch, but she couldn't get far enough away.

The metallic fist made contact with her shoulder, and a sickening pop resonated in the air as she was sent flying back into the wall of the pit with her arm hanging limply at her side. But she wouldn't go without doing some kind of damage. As her back was skidding against the dirt wall of the pit, and just before her body completely crumpled to the ground, she was able to flick one of her fingers.

A barrage of broken stones, jagged and sharp, flew at her opposition, aimed toward any part of Kylie's body that wasn't protected by her enhancement. And that was that. She sat with her back against the wall, legs splayed out and bloody in front of her, and her good hand grasping at her injured arm.

"Tch!"

The stones came faster at her than Kylie expected. Clicking her tongue, she attempted to protect herself with her arms, and by the time the girl even thought to extend her Enhancement to the rest of her whole body, it was too late. They came at her hard, cutting through her clothes and drawing some blood from her legs and even her face, scratches littering those parts of her body as the girl bit her lip tightly in an attempt to keep back pained yelps from each cut. She couldn't show weakness here, even if it was just supposed to be for a school exercise.

The pain and distress Kylie felt was distracting; as she was, she couldn't focus her power and extend it. Kylie even found it difficult to maintain her power on her arms and chest as it was, but she braved through the onslaught of projectiles regardless, gathering her bearings enough to begin running again toward Esen's immobile form, all the while projectiles continued to either bounce off her crossed arms or cut past her legs or parts of her face.

With that, she eventually reached Esen, stopping right in front of her and towering over like an imposing titan, or so she'd hoped that was the impression she was giving of. In the heat of the moment, with her clothes and skin cut up quite a bit, Kylie put an end to the volley of sharp stones the only way she knew how. She threw her fist right at Esen's face, letting out a heated yell as she hoped to stop the onslaught.

The punch didn't knock Esen out, luckily. She'd moved her head to the side to avoid a broken nose, and barely felt the fist as it slammed passed her right cheekbone. If Kylie had landed a punch straight to her face, she would've been out cold. The other girl's fist had broken the skin on her cheek, and the immediate swelling of the area was accompanied by a small, warm stream of blood. If Esen hadn't been in shock from her shoulder, that would have hurt like a bitch.

She swung up her good arm, blocking her face in case Kylie decided to swing again. "You already won," she said breathlessly. "Instead of trying to kill me, why don't you just take the win and help me out of this damn pit?"

With a tired breath, Kylie stepped back a bit when Esen essentially surrendered. She gave a slightly awkward look at Esen as she transitioned from the heat of battle to a more calm state, but nodded before long silently, wiping some sweat and blood off her brow and helping Esen out now. And that was that.

Winner: Kylie

Back