Aorki's School for the Especially Gifted

"You know nothing."

It was a cold, abrupt, and absolute sentence. That was what Kylie chose to respond to Eugene with, spoken with a low voice that spoke greater volumes than it let on. If she was mildly twitching before, her arm was vibrating more visibly now, her fist clenched so hard that it turned white for a moment. After a pause, Kylie looked back, coldly at Eugene with a piercing gaze. Though she looked him in the eye, it was more like she was peering directly into his very soul.

"I thought you would have caught the hint by now, but I'll lay it out again; we're not friends. Pushing your luck might have gotten you to be my "partner," but push any further, and things won't end so smoothly, so don't try to give me advice or insight on my life," Kylie said harshly, perhaps moreso than ever before, "You don't know a thing about me, so don't presume to believe that our circumstances are the same."

With that, she looked away once again dismissively, crossing her arms, clearly soured quickly by where the conversation ended up going.

@ChelonianCommander

Alishar went in to the Maze Calmly after finding his partner. A real funny looking fellow, in his apron. Of course they Mianly talked Buisness and got to the point. Once they ended up in a forest and something else was in there with them, ahead the massive tower loomed up above their Head. A dangerous and Dark looking place. “ That must be the home of the Dark lord, which one of us has the one ring?” He joked as he looked upon the tower. Before Slipping inside of his partner. Not something either would enjoy but the most effective use of his powers and an amplification to his partner’s own. He was thinking about how to best utilize his partners ability. He usually had to jump out of he way of traps when they were trigued and had to use His partners acid on the monsters , and to make bridges across chasms that got in the way. This was done By sci-fi g a wall or tree or what not that was in the way and making it fall over the giant gapping hole.

Eventually they’d make it so the city. It was a slow and tiring slough, and he often spent more Energy to keep his partner going. He felt like this was something akin to Spooky’s house or dark souls, or Let it Die. A slow Haphazrd battle to the top, that only Patience , endurance, brains and Skill could accomplish. And little else. With a strain persistence they continued forward. Nearly getting Smached by some Nasty Manlay Man Cstchers and spike Pits. Not to mention the unfortunate. garbage Nade. With Resistence heavy their progress was slowled as they carefully measured each step.
After this slow process they entered the tower. The much more confined space being much more apt for ambushes traps and enimes. Soon enough they stopped near he Top took a break and entered the final room.

Alishar Distracted the Dragon while His partner rushed he Egg.
Alishar has to doge it fire but he got closed and touched it soon taking over he imaginary beast. He put the dragon to sleep before getting out and slapping the egg. With that the Maze was over, after it felt like forever only to have been Minutes. “ Welp cya Another Time!” He Walks to the side and lays down tired from burning energy. And waits for what to do next*

“Ooooh football! Haha! I thought, man I am so weird. But yeah football is great, though I am awful at punting, one time I attempted to punt and I punted my shoe across the field, and I had to run across like the entire football field without a shoe!” She exclaimed, also growing more animated as she mined kicked her shoe up in the air. “Man I really lucked out on a partner you are awesome! I wasn’t worried I would be teamed with someone who’s like “meh, my life is hell, only work no play aloud mehhhh” she exclaimed hunching herself over and pulling some hair into her face to cover one of her eyes as she gave a super pouty lip before laughing again.

They'd snapped her arm back into place before she got on the bus, but that obviously didn't stop the pain Esen felt in her shoulder, and the bumping of the bus certainly didn't help. The ten minute bus ride felt more like ten hours, but once they were back at school all of the injured mutants were shuffled into the infirmary rather quickly.

Due to Esen's injuries not being the most severe, it took a while for Miss Sinclair to come fix her up. She was rather disappointed when she finally showed up; even though the nurse was able to fix injuries completely with her power, she chose not to for any of the students. Esen was just given a few pain killers, a sling for her arm, and an ice pack to try to reduce the swelling of her eye, though it was already completely sealed.

"Sorry kiddo," the pretty nurse had said while patting the grumpy girl on the forehead, "none of your injuries are severe enough to warrant the use of powers to heal them." And with that, Miss Sinclair went on to her next patient.

She couldn't fall asleep, which was something new for her, but luckily she didn't have to sit in boredom for too long. Clark's voice soon filled the air, and Esen immediately felt a little better? She also felt some sort of fluttery feeling, but wrote that off as having to puke from the pain she was still experiencing.

"Hi Clark," she turned her good eye toward her friend, who happened to be shirtless. Her face flushed automatically. "Yeah, I got Kylie. I swear I almost beat her." She grinned, but it quickly dropped as she made a point to look at his face. "The real question is: where is your shirt?"

Last edited:
Clive closed his eyes as to appear unconscious, the pain of a broken leg is intense, and he’ll rather not focus his time on opening his eyes and looking around. That woman beat her up real bad, and even without his broken legs there were still many cuts and bruises not to mention his favourite clothes were ripped up. He hated seeing himself in a such a position, weak and vulnerable, but he has gotten used to it, with his gentle attitude and passive powers.
Clive turned his attention to the two talking nearby, Esen and Clark, and also added in.
“Ah, You got Kylie didn’t you Esen? She really is quite serious and the fighting type, isn’t she? I think some of us are quite lucky though, how’s your injuries?”
@Ailis

@Ver

Eugene was rather surprised by Kylie's sudden burst of emotion. Kylie seemed to be reserved and quiet to a point, or at least to Eugene and this kinda made him realize that he might have pushed some buttons that he wasn't supposed to even touch. She continued on her harsh speech, taking a jab at Eugene's ego. Something that he...really haven't had done to him before. It made him feel...bad. Like a hole in his gut. This is what guilt was and he didn't know what to do about it.

"I....I'm sorry." He simply tells her. And his attitude changed from arrogant bragging to a rather confused apology. "I mean I....am sorry, but you know I...I mean I spent my life on the streets eating dumpster food and stray animals...so I just thought that...I mean I want to be your friend, to get to know you I just....have a hard time talking to people. I mean....I'm sorry I guess."

Jonathan

Jonathan chuckled, "Yeah, we seem to be in better shape, after all I don't think we got hit once." He paused as him and Victor discussed something mentally, "Yeah, we definitely didn't get hit once."
To her other question he nodded, "Same body, different minds," he told her, "We switch out every so often so we can both have lives."
He held out his hand, and against the wishes of his minds protest heated the air above his hand to the point it combusted, a small flame hung in the air above his hand briefly, before he snuffed it out.
"Where he controls cold, I control heat. Two parts of the same whole."

Kylie only remained silent for a brief moment, letting hers and Eugene's words sink into the air uncomfortably as she continued looking away, her fists clenched tightly. Even as she noticed Eugene's shift in demeanor (in conjunction to her own, perhaps), she wasn't one to give out pity so easily, keeping on to her irritation. Perhaps one could describe her as being overly cruel in this situation, but she didn't care. It was typical. It was all just the same, every time something like this was brought up...

With a soft sneer, Kylie finally spoke again. "You thought, huh? Maybe that's the problem," she continued in a caustic, biting manner, "You know, I really just... ugh. Tch," she started, as though wanting to say more, before just trailing off and hitting her fist against the wall, still averting her gaze from Eugene, "I don't have time for this. I'm going to prepare for the next round of the exercise, and if you know what's good for you, I suggest you go off and do the same."

Embittered by the exchange, she began to walk off, not addressing Eugene further with that unless he had more he'd want to say.

@ChelonianCommander

"Damn. Kylie huh? Tough break." Clark says, making a small note in his head of his drop in opinion of that girl. He had never really liked her, mostly due to the differences in, well, everything. But now that she had hurt Esen to this extent, he had a bit more of a reason to. Fortunately his thoughts couldn't get any darker when Esen snapped him out of it, asking after his shirt.

"Ah, yeah." He says, laughing as he scratches behind his head in mild embarrassment. "I got Victor and Jonathan for an enemy. Near the end Jonathan let out this massive explosion," he holds his arms out from his sides to show exactly how massive, "and then all my clotjes burnt off! It was a good thing they had underwear and pants, because I thought I was gonna be stuck in that pit all afternoon until they got some."

Harrison watched as the other kids chatted, though he stayed far away from them content to just watch. Not to far off he watched one of the teachers attempt to put some cream on Carl’s skin, only to have him stretch out of their reach wincing. Sighing, Harrison found himself sinking more and more into himself, his pants on the verge of being consumed by his own body, yet he resisted just becoming one giant puddle. When ever he did end up becoming a puddle it usually lasted quite a while till he regathered his strength and with a sigh he glanced behind him at where Blanche was sitting down on the floor, doodling happily in the sand. On one hand he could slowly drag himself into the bus and just wait for everyone else to follow once they stop chatting, or he could wait here and maybe talk to Blanche a little. After a moment the choice was clear and he sat himself down.
@romamaro

Jennifer laughed a bit more before glancing at the tower, with a pout, “when is it going to be our turn! I mean the others are taking forever, it is n fair we have to go last.” She remarked a haughtily as she tapped her foot impatiently. She was not one for waiting and the teacher had made the tower sound extremely fun, besides someone told her there was a dragon at the top and she was dying to see it!
@TheGreenerGrey

"I wish I had only gotten hit once," Maroe smiled as she tried to make her limbs work properly. When he explained his situation, she tilted her head at him. It was intriguing to think he had two distinct personalities in one body who shared time in the spotlight so to speak. The little flame he produced in his hand was impressive, and her greyish eyes lit up in surprise. "That's amazing and you control th' flame so easily. Just like Victor did with th' snowflake. I...don't have that much control yet. Hence th' yah know.." She gestured to the knot on her temple with a sheepish pink coming to her cheeks. After a second, Maroe chuckled, "So what is you that I met that summer, Jonathan?"

Max looked startled as Miss Katenbach pointed to him, trying to look tough. Who was he going to be partners with? Hopefully anyone but Azul. She looked cute, Max gave her that, but-

oh shit.

Max's body danced with static electricity as he flinched. Just his luck. He got the one person he didn't want to get. Sighing, Max shrugged as he took out two black fingerless gloves and put them on in order to contain the electricity in his hands before walking to "Grace." Max already made quite the worst of impressions, so this wasn't going to go well. Grace is flawless!....If you ignore her personality, Max thought with a snicker as he approached Grace.

"Hey, Grace, it seems luck really hates us both. You hate me, and I really don't like you, so let's get this over with." Max looked towards the door. "Let's save the drama for after the business, 'kay? I dunno about you, but I'd like to live past orientation." Not even waiting for her consent, Max shoved his hands into his pockets and walked towards the maze. No matter how beautiful it looked, Max couldn't get himself to smile - he just wasn't in the mood. He tried to be all cool and edgy before realizing a problem.

"Hey, Grace. I completely forgot, forgive me.... where are we supposed to go again?" Max was never good with mazes. In fifth grade, he went to a maze with his sisters and they all got stuck. They had to call the authorities to help them out.

“Don’t call me that. The name is Fitzy.” The girl says as she glares at the teen, before looking around her. This place was pretty deserted... She wasn’t sure if they were on an ocean like in Venice or something else, but she didn’t really feel like sticking around. Who knew abandoned cities could be creepy.

“I’m pretty sure sir what’s-his-face said something about making it to the highest tower...” She murmurs, spinning around and peering into the sky. Eventually spotting the peak of the building jutting over the tope of the roofs to her left, she points at it. “We have to get to the top of that.”

“Alright, cards on the table Mackenzie. What can you do? Anything that’ll get us up there?”

Max sighed lightly, happy Fitzy wasn't strangling him to death immediately. Max put his left hand out, and visible sparks of electricity emerged from it. "My ability is the power to control electricity. I can shock people, generate it to my muscles (never actually tried that before but whatever) and manifest it."

Max looked into the sky, seeing a tall building. He pointed at it, looking at the same one as Fitzy. "We're looking for a tall building, ey? I think that one's pretty huge, good point. But before we devise a strategy... what's your superpower?" Max loved seeing others' superpowers. He'd seen a boy made out of goo, a girl who could make things float, someone who could control ice... there was just so many possibilities!

“Great, so you’re basically just Static from those old batman cartoons. Looks like we’re walking.” And with that, the angry young lady begins to make her way down the street, purposely not revealing her ability to the young teen. Normally she would have given someone a clue, but he hadn’t exactly left her with a high opinion of him.

Not bothering to make sure he wasn’t behind her, the teen made her way down the street and quickly turned the corner towards the tower. It looked as if this place was pretty sparse, buildings wise, as all that remained between her and the large tower was a mile or so of racing bridges and what was probably water. This didn’t look like it’d be that bad.

That was when the bridge she was on began to collapse into the water.

Max, rolling his eyes, only followed her. "Hey! If we're going to live through this, cold we at least have the slightest level of trust between us?" What a brat! Max thoughts, angry as he walked through the city. The buildings disappointed him - he expected something flashy, not just.... buildings. Max did have a bad habit of raising his expectations too high, however, so while he was disappointed, he surely wasn't surprised.

Max was thinking that this was already looking to be the low-point of his entire year when the bridge Fitzy was on started to break. Max's eyes widened as h wondered what he should do - save his (probably ungrateful) partner, or let karma do its thing? Max's emotions started to charge electricity inside him - even if he decided to dive in to save her, he'd probably get her killed. Did she even know how to swim? Max hoped so.

Max looked over into the water. I hate myself. Calming himself down, he went backwards and jumped into the water, cleansing himself of any anxiousness. He fell gracefully as he swam to Fitzy, hoping she'd say something like I don't need your help! so that he wouldn't have to get any more wet. "Hey, Fitz! You need some help?"

“Son of a bitch.” Was all Fitzy had been able to mutter before had she felt the platform beneath her crumble beneath her and the small girl was dumped into what was definitely water, her body flailing for a moment as the pain from the fall went through her like a bolt of lightning.

Breaching the surface of the water, the teen’s hair and clothes matted to her boy, she looks over to where she had just come from, in time to see Mackenzie throw himself from where the bridge had been like some suicidal person and begin swimming towards her.

“The hell are you doing?!” She shouts at him as she continued to flounder. Goddamn ocean with it’s goddamn physics why did she never bother to learn to swim? “I don’t need your damn he-glhk!” She tried to say, before her body is once again submerged by the waves of the falling severe. What sort of death trap err they in?!

For a moment she felt that familiar temptation to release it, but it quickly passed. She wasn’t sure she could control it yet, and as much as Mackenzie had pissed her off... he didn’t deserve what would happen if she messed up.

“We- We need a way back up!” She shouts to him. Quickly.

Damn it!
Max thought as she continued to flounder. Now I need to help her! "Trying to stop you from drowning, thank you very little!" Max replied, swimming like a madman. "You don't know how to swim, do you?! Could you at least move a little?! It would make things a bunch easier!" Max stroked through the water until he grabbed her shoulder before immediately recoiling. "Random question - would you prefer death or a guy you don't like grabbing you?!"

While he asked that, Max looked towards the borders of the bridge. There was no way he could climb, and as cool as it would be, his MP3 wouldn't grapple. But that wouldn't matter too much if he couldn't save his partner.​

Death or him touching her. Oooh. That was... a close one... but she’s supposed that afternoon this she could just scream at him a bit more. Snapping her arms out, he girl grabs onto Mackenzie’s shoulders, stabilising herself just a little as she took a moment to look around.

No ladder, or anything really. Just rubble that had been caught on the sides and smooth steel walls. Looking back at Mackenzie, she lets her scowl show on her face. “We either need to swim our way to the damn tower or find a way up. Any plans, oh so noble hero?”

Max smiled at Fitzy clinged onto him, continuing to studying the area around them. "Well, I guess we could try to use that." Max pointed to some of the rubble that crashed downward into the water with his partner - it was of average size, but it would do. Stroking forward, Max grabbed on it and heaved himself up, giving him a better view while they floated on the water. "You can let go now," Max said as he looked at a black fence on the border of the bridge.

No! Max, stop! Using your MP3 as a grappling hook isn't going to work! Max bummed himself out. Maybe Ditzy has a power that will help you guys! Maybe she's the sister of that girl who controls gravity? Max rolled his eyes at himself. I wish.

"... I have let go." Fitzy responds, having released the other teen the moment she was able to grab ahold of the rubble and haul her body atop of it, trying vainly to get the sun to dry her clothes and hair off. Hair covering an eye wasn't exactly a pleasant sensation.

Sitting up, she looks towards their goal above, a good few metres of sheer wall between them, not even the furrows of brickwork. Looking around her, she's forced to let out a sigh at the sheer bleakness of the situation. If only Mackenzie was taller... they might have been able to climb on each other's shoulders. As it was...

"Look, I may have a way up, but I only want to use it as a last resort. Can you see anything else we could use?"

Max tried to jump and grab the fence, but he ended up falling backwards on the rock on his back and then rolled into the water. Max emerged from it. "Well, I don't think jumping is going to work, and I'm a few inches short for us to climb...." Max scratched his chin before jumping again, this time landing on his stomach and rolling into the water. "Godammit, I freaking swear-" Max accidentally generated some electricity in his legs, electrocuting the water.

"Hey, Fitz. You have any ideas?" Max shrugged as blue sparks of electricity zapped around him. "I could try some aquatic parkour. Like, I stroke to the wall and I recoil off it to the other wall, and then-" Max groaned and floated in the water, belly-up/ "Once we get out of here, I'm always going in front of you."

"Hm. Then you can be the one to get caught in crap like this." Fitzy responds, smirking a little. However, the slight grin lasts only a seond as she lets out a pained sigh. She had really, really not wanted to do this, but she wasn't even sure if the teachers would bother to bring them back if they didn't make it to the tower.

Taking a few quick breaths to hype herself up, the soaked teenage slowly reaches towards her right eye, pace of breathing increasing until she was almost hyperventilating. Then, with one sharp intake of breath, she swiped aside the hair.

The eye beneath was inkly black, the entirety of it, yet not for long. The world around the duo darkened as a distant rumbling of... something was heard, as the iniy darkness slowly bled from her eye in a stream of ethereal black mist, revealing the stark blue beneath as a figure began to form in the darkness.

The Ghist had been summoned.

"Pick us up. Both of us. Take us... take us to the top of this embankment. You will not hurt him. Then you will go back in." Fitzy commands, voice trembling from the effort of restraining the terrible being's raging will.

The Ghust drops its scythe into the darkness, the object dissipating into tendrils as the being reached down towards Mackenzie.

Max's eyes glimmered as Ditzy smiled. She looked like she was warming up to him - step one of maintaining (or making) a healthy relationship. Still, they could tell jokes all day, but they wouldn't get any higher up to the bridge. Oh! I know! I'll shoot electricity from my hands, yell "SHAZAM!" and summon lightning from the sky to hit the border of the bridge! Then, we'll climb-

Max's eyes widened as he saw the Ghist. For the first time, he saw Ditzy look a bit scared, and she had a good reason to be - the scythe could cut flesh with a single slash. However, seeing a summoned demon arrive from an attractive slightly-bratty partner of yours while floating on a rock seemed to short-circuit Max's thinking to primarily one thought-

"Hot damn, Ditzy!" He smiled a huge grin and grabbed onto the Ghist. It looked so... badass! Max squealed a bit. A summoning ability was so cool!

"IT'S FITZY." She roars back, and for a moment the world flashed darker as the scythe rematerialised in the Ghist's hand, other painfully gripping Mackenzie's arm, before it once again disappears, the grip slackens and the world lightened just a bit.

It was damn hard concentrating like this, keeping the being restrained, and the girl couldn't afford distractions. The Ghist reached for her, its mind raging against her will all the while, grabbing her gently before dashing towards and up the wall, its body and gravity naturally acclimating to the vertical surface as it bodily hauled the duo up the wall and back onto the main street.

The moment it out them down, Fitzy began calling it back into her eye. An otherworldly shriek echoed in the duo's mind as the creature was slowly siphoned back into the girl's eye, the clear blue iris one again covered by that inky darkness, and the world reverted back to its normal bright blue, leaving the teen panting.

"Come on. Lets get this over with." She mutters after a few seconds.

When Max touched the ground, he actually got down and kissed it. "Oi! Sweet land! We have returned!" Max smiled a huge smile at Ditzy, admiring her. "So that's your power! Fitz, you could be nominated for a list for 'Top 10 Mutants!'" Max stopped before hitting himself on the back of his head. "Not like any normal person would actually make a list like that, but you know what I mean. Well, you're right, let's not dilly-dally any longer! Get behind me - we're going to dominate this maze."

Max took out his black MP3, put on a catchy song, inserted electricity into it to put it to 100% charge and started marching for a few seconds. After a bit, he sighed and marched backwards, looking at his partner. "Oh wait, I completely forgot why you were leading." She's the only one with an idea what to do. I'll just march everywhere and get us lost. "So... what's the plan, Fitz?"

"Walk towards the bigass tower. Get to the top. Don't get dropped in the ocean." She says from behind. Normally she would have taken point on general principle, but as her wet clothes reminded her, it was best at this point in time to just let the teen lead the way. Although she had to wonder how that mp3 player survived.

"O....kay," Max replied, feeling awkwardness from her. There was no way that water affected her - or did it? Maybe that was a side effect of her summoning - feeling quiet and dizzy. It wasn't too out-of-place, but Max had to wonder... Shrugging, Max walked forward, not trying to strike up conversation.

The walk was very awkward - Ditzy was unusually for someone so unusually loud, and Max got the vibe. He really wanted to ask about what made her so sad - did water remind her of a scary past? Did she not like summoning her summon? Was she extremely jealous of her? Max had no idea-

Max instinctively stopped as he peeked around a corner. A humanoid robot made out of metal wielding a katana was looking over the area, scanning for "intruders." Max looked to Ditzy and, trying to be as quiet as possible, drew two static fingers past his neck, which could've meant many things. "We're dead." "Shush!" "Don't!"

"Is that a-" Fitzy starts, before clamming herself up and peering over the corner to get a good look at the robot. Retreating bakc behind the safety of the wall, she looks at Mackenzie. "Are you kidding me? A robot with a sword? What kind of backwards place even is this?" She whispers almost furiously to the other teen, as if blaming him for this situation.

Sighing, she pauses to think for a moment. "Any ideas? You're the one with electric powers, and that's a robot. They tend to rely on that. Otherwise... I could use the Ghist to distract it. Maybe. Possibly. Last resort."

Max brushed his thumb by his nose and smiled at Fitzy, getting cocky. "Nope. This one is all me. You got to save us last time - no it's time for Irvaron to shine." I have to prove myself. A showing like this will surely impress her! Maybe she'll even show me some respect. Max rolled his eyes. Not in a million years.

Max's face scrunched up, and he put his open hand forward, stressed. He was putting a lot of energy into focusing the energy - it was a technique he had just thought of using. Visible yellow sparks of electricity were sparking along with hand before materializing slowing into a ball. Max was sweating as it formed, but the noise had just alerted the robot. Max looked up, ready to fire-

What?! Surprised and distracted, Max released the electricity in the form of a bomb, blasting himself and the humanoid back. They were both a bit damaged, but the robot got up and drew its blade. Max groaned and looked to Fitzy. "Hey! I can try again, but you'll need to distract it!"

“What?!” Was all Fitzy was able to get out before the robot locked it’s gaze upon the duo. Contemplating exactly how she was going to murder Mackenzie, the blue haired spitfire started sprinting, Macintosh her arms over her head as she ran in a serpentine pattern just to the left of the robot. Fortunately (and unfortunately), it did the trick, and he machine pivoted it’s upper torso to strike at her.

Letting out a yelp of fear as only her instincts kept her from being essentially broken, the titanic blade passing only a metre ahead of her and casting sparks along the ground, she waited for Mackenzie to do whatever it was he was going to do.

Max was paralyzed in a few seconds in shock - he made good jokes even when in danger - when he saw Fitzy being attacked. His battle instincts kicked in as he got pissed off, his body starting to charge up. "HEY, STEELFREAK! Get a load of this!" Firing jolts of electricity from his fingertips, they all hit the robot, even strike causing it to pause for about two seconds.

This is my opportunity! Max thought as he recharged. Stamping his foot into the ground, he sent his electricity to his palm once again, but there was a problem - he was starting to run out of electricity. He'd never tried using so much of his power at once. Whatever! I'm going to blow this trashpiece to bits, whether I shock myself or not! The yellow electricity he was using started turning blue, and it was azure when it manifested into an orb for the second time.

This time, something was different - Max learned what it was like to be shocked. He hadn't felt this experience since he was a kid, and even then he didn't remember it. His body flashed with blue electricity before Max focused it all into the orb, now calm. He was frying with a steam-like gas emitting from his skin. ((JTLYK, this all happens in about five seconds.)

Smirking with a pained body and a focused mind, Max carried the orb and fired it at the humanoid robot. It tried to block it with its sword, but its attempt was in vain - Max's attack broke through its sword and hit the robot, blowing it to pieces. Max sighed deeply before giving his partner a grin. "Don't mess with the Maxster, am I right?"

"Sure." Was the only comment from the blue haired girl as she raised an eyebrow. Yes, it had been mildly impressive, but she had also nearly been bisected by an angry robot (can robots be angry? Whatever) in the process, so her elation at winning was tempered a bit.

"Come on. We're close now. Lets just get to the top, deal with whatever it is that's there, and we can go back." She says as she begins to pick up her pace, beginning to make her way towards the tower and hopefully the final obstacle.

Max nodded and dashed along with her. Hopefully, the last obstacle wouldn't be a pain - luckily, there wasn't much of a challenge on the way upwards. Max noticed that Fitzy wasn't as - enthusiastic? Energized? - as she was when they started, but he guessed that almost having your head sliced off and falling down a bridge can have that effect on someone. He just hoped that their first assignment didn't determine her attitude for the whole year - he liked her more when she was empowered.

After shocking and slicing their way through more robots, the duo soon reached a door near the top of the tower. There was a gentle roar that Max heard, so he assumed that it was a lion, or if his dream came true, a griffon. He looked towards Fitzy with a seriously silly and happy smile. "Ready to leave this hellhole, Fitz?"

“Lets get this over with.” Came the reply as the small girl walked towards the large doors, eager to finally end it. She was tired, still a little wet and just wanted a nap at this point. She would deal with this crap later. Then doors slid open automatically to reveal the room at the top of the tower and all thougts were dashed from her head for a mere moment, terror lancing through her.

It was large, to an almost ludicrous degree, and mostly empty, with steel grey walls. However, the key there was mostly empty. The big glowing portal and fucking dragon ruined it for her.

The portal was about the size of three people across, glowing a dark blue and pulsating with energy. It practically screamed 'Exit!', and was wuite obviously the goal. The only problem was the collossal lizard in the way. The same one that was staring at her.

It had to have been almost thirty metres legthways, and it was tall enough she was pretty sure she couldn't even reach its knees. With four legs and two large, titsnic wings it had dark brown, almost slate-coloured scales and twiste horns protruding from a head that leaked smoke from its maw. Eyes that betrayed surprising intelligence looked at her.

For once she was okay with releasing the ghist, with the simple command of 'Kill it!' before shoving Mackenzie to the ground and out of the dragon's sight and back around the doorframe.

Max was surprised when he saw the immensely intricate beast, almost paralyzed in shock. When Fitzy shoved him, however, he regained his senses and he got back up. "What the heck, Fitz?! Are you really going to let your Persona or whatever hog all the action?" Max carelessly peeked out the doorframe before running outside, hands jolting with blue lightning.

"Hey, Summon Thing, let's play a game!" he yelled, charging a blue orb of lightning in his palms before clapping his hands close together and fusing them. "It's called Thrash the Trash! Wanna play?!" He fired a short burst of electric energy at the dragon, launcing himself a few meters back in the process.

"Oh my fucking god you moron! That's a dragon! Just bloody hide until the Ghist is done!" Shouta Fitzy from the doorway as she tried to snatch the suicidal idiot from his self delusions as a hero. Grabbing him by the clothes, the petite girl bodily hauls him out of the way of a gout of flame larger than he was that the dragon had sent at the annoyance and back around the doorframe.

"We can't fight the damn thing! We're just kids moron!" She yells at him over the sounds of crashing and roaring, cuffing him over the back of the head. "We're gonna need to run, or wait or something. Get to the exit. Not try and pick a fight with a dragon."

Max struggled as she grabbed him, but he came to the inevitable conclusion she was right. If only this was like a TV show, when Max would get a power-up out of nowhere, learn how to fly, disintegrate the dragon with a wink, and fly with Fitzy into the night sky with her slowly realizing how awesome he was and eventually falling in love with him.

I've been watching too much anime, Max thought with a sigh as he stood up. He looked up at the Ghist - it seemed to be doing pretty well, considering it was up against a dragon. Getting an idea, he turned to Fitzy. "Hey, Fitz, let's ditch this joint. Fighting the dragon doesn't seem so fun anymore," he said honestly before taking his shirt off and fanning himself. "Oooh, I am hot. Like, it's boiling out there!" Obviously exaggerating, he slung his still damp vest over his shoulder. This had to work. "Do you think you could tell your Persona thing to get down here, maybe?"

Fitzy’s face at Mackenzie when he took his shirt off was one that had rarely been seen upon this world. It perfectly blended surprise, indignation, anger and embarrassment at what she was seeing. It was only Mackenzie’s request to call the Ghist over that saved one of them. She wasn’t exactly sure who.

Glaring at the guy for just one more second, she began to tug on the connection, only slowly this time. The Ghist, screeching in her mind as it did so, made its way back towards the doorway and the duo, it’s scythe flashing and materialising as it defends from the dragon and it’s terrible flame, one of the few things that can hurt it.

Almost flinching at Fitzy's expression, Max knew that he had to be careful with his operation - even if the dragon was killed, his partner would probably kill him afterwards. With a resting face and a faux serious feel, he walked over to the Ghist and gave the summon his shirt. "Hey, Scythe Dude! If you don't mind, could you carry my shirt to the dragon for me?" When you do.... be prepared for a shock!

Fitzy had to actively restrain the Ghist from breaking the teenager that dared to put a sweaty, wet shirt upon its visage. Using her will and control over it, the Ghist rises and dashes back towards the dragon, shirt flapping in the wind left behind by the force of its silent takeoff like some sort of flag. "This better work." Fitzy comments.

"Oh, trust me, it will," Max confidently replied, sure that his plan would succeed. As soon as the Ghist got close to the dragon, Max fired a small burst of electricity at his shirt, the dampness strengthening it. It exploded in energy, and Max hoped that it would hit a core part of the dragon - its eye.

Both the dragon and the Ghist reared back in pain as the light from the blast went off, blinding the powerful beast and almost completely destorying the Ghist, as the burst of light had gone off on top of it.

Recalling the beast was easy this time for Fitzy, and she waited no time telling Mackenzie anything. This was a limited window of opportunity, the dragon stunned, and they couldn't waste it. She stepped out and sprinted for the portal.

Clenching his fist in victory at how the plan was (seemingly) a success, Max jumped in after her, simply following. Max was happy she did that - he probably wouldn't have on his own. I guess it is pretty stupid how I was determined to beat that monstrosity of a beast on my own, Max thought before leaping in.

The duo emerged into a large and spacious room, surrounded on all sides by churning cogs and gears. They had made it out of the maze, and into the clock tower.

"Oh thank god." Was the first thing out of Fitzy's mouth as she all but collapsed to her knees. "That was bloody insane. I'm going to kill fhat teacher." She snarled, still panting a bit as she regained her energy from the short yet desperate sprint.

Max fell out after her on his stomach, aching as he got up. "Thanks for the escape route, Fitzy," he thanked her, happy that they escaped. He crouched down to her level and offered her a fist bump. "But before you go murder Uncle Jaime, how about giving me some knuckle? You were awesome!"

Fitzy raised an eyebrow at Madkenzie, before turning her head away. "You weren't bad." Was all she said, before she began to make her way into the tower, looking for the teacher.

@Ver

Eugene wanted to say more, but Kylie's words made him shut up and his mind drew a blank. She gave him some perspective. He lived on the streets, but he wasn't hungry all the time. He was on the run, but there was pretty much no one that could catch him. And he was alone, but that didn't mean there weren't people who didn't help him or kept him company. Maybe he didn't have a crap life at all. Still in his mind, he can't help but consider himself the hobo of the group. The underdog if you will, as he pretty much had to wear the same outfit for a year before stealing another one. He ate grass and leaves and his ability meant he couldn't get a job so theft was usually the case when it came to getting him basic necessities. Kylie didn't have it all bad, since looking at her she probably had a roof over her head and three filling meals a day. His ego didn't allow him to give up as he continued to chase after her.

"Hey wait up!" He tells her, walking up behind her. "Look I don't know you, but I would like to get to know you and maybe you'll like to get to know me, but you know, without prying eyes. Maybe like a dinner meeting if you're interesting. I make a pretty decent hobo-stew."

A loud clap brought everyone in the infirmary's attention to the single young nurse that manned it. "I'm sorry to ruin all the fun, but I'm afraid all the patients need some rest. Anyone who was not informed that they would need to stay overnight, please make your way back to the main hall." Her voice was gentle but strong, and following her announcement, she quickly began to usher students from the room.

"Sorry we didn't get to talk more," were Esen's parting words to Clark before the wave of students leaving the infirmary brought him along with them.

Moments later, all the students, young and old, were crowded back into the main hall where Mrs. Bertrand was standing with Jaime and Mr. Carthan. Despite the large group, it was quiet, with most of the students worn out from the busy day and excessive use of their powers.

"Congratulations on completing orientation!" Mrs. Bertrand exclaimed cheerily, the smile that bloomed across her face proud but also steely, as though there was something on her mind. "This is only the beginning of what is to come." She clasped her strong, calloused hands in front of her, and looked around the room, taking mental of each and every student in front of her. "Tomorrow, normal classes will start. You all received your schedules with the welcome package sent to your home earlier this month, but if you've forgotten, each of you has a copy of your timetable in your room. It has been a long day and we're sure you're all tired, so you are now free to head off to your rooms." She motioned towards the set of stairs to the right of the hall. "As you all know, rooms for grade nines and tens are on the second floor, and rooms for elevens and twelves are on the third floor. Dismissed."

Jennifer glanced around the crowd, looking with all her might to spot Luna, who had to be here somewhere. Due to how long all the other groups had taken her and James never ended up getting to go into the tower which was a bummer as someone had told her there was a dragon inside.
@will30358

Harrison sighed and began to trudge towards the commons, his pace becoming that of a snail as he felt exhaustion flow through him.

Maroe glanced away from Jonathon as her headache stabbed at her temple against the woman's announcement. "If that was just orientation...I can't wait t' see what fresh craziness they have in store f' us tomorrow," she commented with a tired smile to Jonathon, "Maybe we'll have some classes t'gether."

Wobbling to her mostly numb feet, she braced against the wall and started making her way toward the rooms, more than ready to take an aspirin before crashing out. Unpacking would have been nice, but she was sure her limbs would be dead for a few hours more before they prickled back to life enough for that. She wasn't even sure she could climb the stairs to the 3rd floor yet.

Yekaterina wasn't particularly pleased to be with someone she didn't know, and that feeling only solidified when she saw the girl that was supposed to be her partner dramatically grasping at her friend. She would have told her off, but as socially cold as Yekaterina was, she knew that it wasn't a very good idea to start off a partnership by yelling at someone.

Her long legs carried her over to where the other girl was standing in mere moments, and her blue eyes were steel as they peered down at Luna. "I'm Yekaterina, your partner." She announced, her voice cold and demanding. "We should probably get a move on if we want to win." She made sure to articulate all of her words so her thick accent wouldn't be the reason for any sort of confusion.

She didn't even wait for the other girl before she strided off to the door at the back of the room, where Max and Grace had entered minutes before. Without so much of a glance over her shoulder, she swung open the door and entered the ominous black room.

Once the door was shut behind the pair, it was almost as if they'd been transported to another world. Glimmering, futuristic steel buildings sat perched on little islands, connected by roads and strips of grass. The bright blue water sparkled invitingly, but a pit in Yekaterina's stomach made her think twice about hopping into the waves.

"We need to get to that building," she finally looked back at her partner, a slender finger pointing in the direction of the largest building in the area. Shark Tooth Tower.

Luna clapped her notebook shut and gently smiled, happy that her partner was ready to get straight down to business. It didn't look like orientation was going to be the most fun, but it was definitely going to be the most enjoyable. Luna had no problem with following Yekaterina to the door, and was amazed by her sights. She couldn't help but waste the smallest amount of time with a statement - "It's beautiful, isn't it?"

Luna sighed, taking in all of the glorious detail that made her overjoyed. She then swallowed her thoughts and looked at the building her partner pointed to, studying it. It doesn't appear to be exactly north of us, so if even if she has the power to, we won't be able to wreck our way through. Luna grunted when she saw no one was near them. It didn't appear like they were going to get any weapons either, leaving them to only use their minds as blades.

Luna continued to think of strategies, she noticed one thing - this didn't look like the maze she was picturing. She expected gloomy ceilings, walls made of toughened crumbling gravel, and a scary, ominous feel. However, this was more like a city, and it made Luna feel genuinely safe. Luna scolded herself for lowering her guard before facing her partner.

Luna hoped she wasn't outdone by her partner power-wise as she reached her hand out. Luna's ability was more defense-orientated and for assisting either yourself or others, so she hoped that Yekaterina would be able to put up a fight. I assume she can - I don't know many quiet people that have failed to impress me. "Allow me to feel your skin, and I will harder it like armor by a small amount. It will be able to stop you from getting small bruises and cuts."

Luna's comment took Yekaterina by surprise, her blue eyes widening slightly. "Feel my skin." She repeated, looking down at the flesh that was currently covering her arm. In a moment, it lit up in flames, flickers of orange and red casting a coloured hue on Yekaterina's pale face. A moment later, it was stone, ridged and gray. Then it was back to her normal skin.

The other mutant's power actually seemed useful, which surprised her a little bit. No one had stood out to her when they were all crowded in the room. Still, she wouldn't be giving this girl any sort of flattery until she earned it.

After a moments thought, she reached her arm out to Luna.

Luna nodded in a business-like manner, keeping a poker face. For someone who seemed so calculated, Luna hoped to get the slightest hint of impression.... but Luna's pride was getting in the way of the task at hand. Luna's hand started glowing purple and she gently put her hand on Yekaterina's arm, transferring the energy.

Yekaterina's arm became red, and would soon go back to its normal hue after about five seconds. It would feel like her arm increased in weight a bit, while with Luna, she was still trying to master her power. Luna's arm felt light and she tried to restrict its weight change, attempting to continue to try to impress her.

Yekaterina watched through narrowed eyes as Luna did her thing, the slight pink tinge of her arm making her a bit nervous. It went away rather quickly though, and Luna soon let go of her limb. Rather than saying thank you or good job, Yekaterina just grunted and strutted off in the direction of the tower.

The first minutes were rather boring. Yekaterina refused to talk, and Luna seemed to get the hint. Though there was no sort of human noise, there was feint buzzing up ahead, which got louder the closer they got to the tower.

Yekaterina stuck her arm out, signifying to Luna to stop walking. She turned her head with a finger from her other hand pressed against puckered lips. "Shhh," she then pointed to a humanoid looking robot up ahead, which was geared up in some sort of metal armor and a katana in it's clenched hands.

Afterwards, Luna sighed in slight disappointment as Yekaterina showed her thankless persona again. Luna then felt her own skin and hair in order to defend herself (it was definitely easier than doing it to Yekaterina) and followed the girl. Not one to start conversation, Luna kept her thoughts to herself. I wonder when are first encounter will be? Will there be an encounter? Is this a physical exam, or a psychological one? Because if so- Luna looked at Yekaterina before looking at her own hand. I think we're a long ways away from even getting close to failing.

When Yekaterina stopped, Luna was startled - a little bit of her hoped that her partner would suddenly open up so that they could have the slightest hint of friendliness between one another, but Luna quickly discarded these thoughts. She saw the humanoid and grunted. Well, as much as I wanted this to go smoothly, I can't help but admit this was getting boring, Luna thought with the tiniest of smirks growing on her face.

Luna gently whispered to her partner, trying to devise a strategy. The humanoid machine had weapons, and those were among some of the things Luna was not good with. To be barging into a fight would be suicide - however, with Yekaterina's extremely useful ability and Luna having just strengthened her, Luna felt a bit more confidence than she normally would have. "Yekaterina, how do you like the idea of me being bait? I distract it, and-" Luna punched her right hand into her left palm. "You pound it from behind. I will make sure to enhance myself a bit if I am struck."

Yekaterina just blinked at the girl before slinking off to the side, keeping low to the ground to try to hide from the enemy's view. She watched Luna from her peripherals, and shook her head when the other mutant began jumping up and down and screaming. A bit mundane, but it'd definitely work.

The robot creaked when it slowly turned towards Luna, but then it began moving toward her at a rather ridiculous speed. Guess it was Yekaterina's time to shine.

It took a moment for her hand to turn into stone, her skin hardening and being forced into a unchangeable fist. She leaped towards the robot, and just before it reached Luna and was able to use it's sword, she swung her fist.

The robot crumpled, the back of it's head completely caved in.

And after that, Luna and Yekaterina were back to the races, making their way up towards the tower.

There were several barricades, but those were mostly easy to just clamber forward, and the one's that weren't Yekaterina just slammed with her fist. There were also quite a few more enemies, but their initial plan worked well enough.

Soon enough, they were almost at the top of the tower. Just about to open the door, actually. But Yekaterina hesitated when she heard a distinctive roar on the other side of the door. "It's a dragon."

Luna was happy when Yekaterina saved her, her faith in her partner having just grew three sizes. Yekaterina didn't look like a slacker - after that display of cunning, Luna was reassured. She admired her partner's work ethics, a lack of foolishness that allowed her to get stuff done. She wondered how popular she was - after all, she didn't speak much, and you needed to talk to make friends (duh).

Luna's epiphany was interrupted when they reached the area close to the top. Luna was proud of how much work they'd gotten done - this was much easier than expected. I sure got lucky with my partner. I just hope that Jennifer's doing well too... and Kylie is with the older students, so they must be going through gruesome training. Quietly gasping when Yekaterina revealed what was on the other side of the door, Luna was both nervous and excited.

"Yekaterina, what should we do?" Luna asked, wondering what type of dragon it was. If it was weak to specific elements, they could just treat it like the other beasts they encountered, but if it wasn't, it'd be a problem. Luna'd have to analyze what's in the room, how big it was, how fast it could fly.... so many variables. She faced her partner. "When we go in, remember that you're the priority. You're going to be doing the more physical stuff, I bet, so I'm placing all of my faith in you."

Yekaterina was unimpressed with Luna's dramatic description of their mission - it sounded like she was somehow bragging for her. Yekaterina didn't need any praise, she just wanted the job done. With a slight eye roll unnoticed by Luna and a nod, Yekaterina pushed open the large doors, preparing for what they'd see.

What they saw was magnificently beastly creature - it was blue, with dark turquoise scales on its head and tails that went in spirals. Its eyes were yellow, and its pupils were invisible. It had four large wings, three tails and a humongous head, but a flaw Yekaterina noticed were ten short arms. BEhind it was a white portal, possibly leading to an escape route. Yekaterina looked to Luna, wanting to see what she would do, and the redhead simply replied with a deep sigh as she charged forward.

Luna tried her hardest to not be horrified by her sight - the dragon looked like it had come straight out of her nightmares. She went in zig-zags, and tried to juke the monstrous menace. It shot large blasts of burning acid near her, and it burned off some of her hair when she tried to slide to barely dodge one of its projectiles. Blast it! This beast has power AND speed!

As Luna saw the remnants of her hair suffer and slowly disintegrate into nothingness, she looked to see what her partner was doing. Yekaterina had transformed her arms into a form when they were simply normal, informing Luna that she was just waiting for the perfect opportunity. Luna studied the dragon also and tried to make herself as vulnerable as possible, waving her hands in the air and running frantically.

Alas, her efforts were hopeless. The dragon turned its head and looked straight at Yekaterina and charged at the Russian, scaring Luna. Yekaterina, having already thought up of a backup plan, ducked when it swung at her and jumped up when it rose to grab one of its tiny arm, gripping onto its talon. Yekaterina climbed up until she was actually on the arm and lit her arm alight before punching the dragon's nail off, causing silver blood to drip on it. The dragon cried out in pain, alerting Yekaterina she needed to climb to a place where she had more control.

Seeing one of the scales she could latch onto, Yekaterina leaped a little and grabbed onto it after setting her arms back to normal, using it and the trail of scales following after it to get onto the dragon's back. However, she was a bit too late, and the dragon started flying recklessly, crashing into walls in a desperate attempt to get the rider off. Yekaterina regained control of her ride via its scales, but if she didn't get anything to regain complete dominance over it soon, she'd fall off.

Luna saw this and kicked up some dirt quickly, taking a large line of it and hardening it into a rock spear along with a rock dagger. Using her best javelin and discus-throw abilities, she threw the weapons at Yekaterina, but they ended up hitting the dragon's skin. Yekaterina crawled over to the equipment and grasped them before stabbing the dagger into the dragon's skin, using it to walk normally as the dragon continued to cry out in pain. To add insult to injury, Yekaterina started running and drove the weapons as she went to the dragon's eye.

Finally, when she reached the dragon's eye, she stabbed the dagger into it, causing silver blood to squirt out onto Yekaterina's foot and its head. Then, She went to the other eye and stabbed the spear into it, dealing the near-fatal blow. All that was left was to escape while the dragon crashed into the ground. Running against the velocity, Yekaterina bolted back the direction she came in, trying to not step on the scales and keeping her balance on the tails. When she jumped off the tails with no more dragon to run on, she looked downwards, and Luna was holding her arms out, ready to catch her. When she did, she quickly let her partner on her feet. They both looked at the white portal and back at the dragon, and they both jumped into it.

Luna saw Jennifer when she fell out of the portal, rubbing her head. She quickly got back up on her feet and raced to her friend, not bothering to deal with Yekaterina any longer. Soon, Luna stopped before Jennifer, drenched in sweat and a bit of blood on her shoulder. "Jennifer... how... did your trip... go?" Luna was panting as she talked, putting her hands on her hips to lean on.

Jennifer looked over at Luna and let out a little gasp quickly helping Luna stay up. “I didn’t end up getting to go! Me and James were supposed to go last but it seems like we’re not going to get a turn as everyone else is taking forever! By the way, was there a dragon?” She asked eagerly a naive smile on her face.

Clive came out slower than the others in the infirmary due to his broken leg, and he came out with a cast and crutches. As he heard the news that his dorm was in the third floor, he sighed.
“Ah, my goodness. I don’t think I can even go up in this state...I really don’t appreciate a broken leg.”
He decided to wait for all the other students to go up first before going up himself, since if he tripped, it wouldn’t be pretty.
“Perfect, I really do hope classes will be less chaotic tomorrow, my skill really isn’t in fighting.”
(Open For Interaction)

Back