Deus Ex Machina Apartments

Lucian Summers - Sylvia's Apartment
Lucian stood up and walked over to the window, peering out. The streets were cluttered with people running to and from their homes in search of loved ones and safety. The advantage of such chaos is that most people wouldn't bother to look at your face; too occupied with their own problems to worry about yours. It didn't take long for a plan to formulate in his mind as to how they would get to Sylvia's ship unnoticed.

"Our best option is to hide in plain sight," he explained, not looking away from the ground below. "If we skulk around here like we do in the Moon Level, we'll immediately draw attention to ourselves. If we play like everyone else as just another group of refugees looking for safety, no one will give us a second glance." Lucian looked at Aaron for a moment, calculating something. "Unfortunately Aaron and I will have to show our faces, but it's a risk we'll have to take. It's not likely we'll be recognized, but..." But someone might remember us later, he finished internally.

Lucian paced for a little bit, working the problem over in his head. Suddenly, he looked up. "Sylvia, you shouldn't need to disguise yourself, but like Aaron said, Rosanna's going to need a change of clothes. Aaron and I will too. But, I'm guessing you don't have anything in our size," he said, his mouth twitching into a smile. "We might have to borrow something from one of your neighbors."

Sylvia West - Sylvia's Apartment

She gave Alfredo a look, as if to say 'Are you daft?' And folded her hands in front of her before speaking. "First off, she's not getting any of my clothes. One, because I need them, and two because dressing her up as another pilot would only raise more questions. I'm the only pilot that ship needs, so it would be simpler for me to go to a store and buy her some generic workmen's clothes instead. Assuming we're the same size of course, which is much harder than you'd think, Alfredo!" She emphasized to make sure Aaron felt dumb about his suggestion.

Turning to Lucian, she nodded at his suggestion. "My neighbor two doors over should cover you, Lucian. Alfredo, I think your size would better suit my neighbor across the hall. Don't suppose I could help you find a good outfit, could I Luci?" She tried to stop herself from imagining him shirtless, but couldn't help it. "Rosanna can help Alfredo." She threw out.

Aaron - Sylvia's Apartment
Aaron glowered at Sylvia. "Well I beg your pardon I was only trying to be helpful. And it's Aaron." He pointely turned his back on Lucian and Sylvia. He shot Luna a kill me now look. "I'll be waiting outside." And he strode out of the appartment. When he was in the hallway he leaned against the wall and took deep breaths to calm himself; silently cursing Joaquin, his Mother, Sylvia, and just about everything else. That name, his stupid, stupid, name.

Luna- Sylvia's Apartment
Luna watched the exchange between Aaron and with a blank look. When Sylvia had turned away and looked Lucian, Luna's grey eyes began to glow. There was a fluttering sound outside the open window. Suddenly a flock of bats swirled in and danced around Sylvia's head. They swooped around the room for several minutes before disappearing into the night air again. A small smile creeped across Luann's face. Then vanished. Her blank expression returning

Lucian was about to reply to Sylvia's suggestion when a flock of bats came fluttering into the room, all heading straight for Sylvia. She freaked out of course, like any normal person would. Lucian watched wide-eyed for a second, not sure what to do, until he noticed the expression on Luna's face. Of course it was her. As the bats started to flee out the window again, Lucian grabbed Sylvia's arm and led her to the door at a brisk pace, giving Luna an apologetic look as he passed.

Out in the hallway, he noticed Aaron looking pretty miserable, so he patted him on the shoulder as he went by. Then Lucian brought Sylvia to the apartment she had mentioned earlier, two doors down. Without a word, he knocked on the door and waited to see if anyone was still there. Hearing nothing, he opened the door carefully (mercifully, it was unlocked) and peered inside. It was pitch black. Someone must have pulled the drapes closed before they had left earlier.

Lucian didn't let up, pulling Sylvia inside after him. It took him a few minutes to find the window and yank the drapes open, flooding the apartment with moonlight. Then he let go of Sylvia with a sigh and looked at her.

"You're too hard on him," he said simply.

Sylvia West - Apartments

She didn't even have time to process where the bats had come from before she found herself being dragged out of the room by Lucian. "Ow! Lucian, that hurts." She yelped out, he let go of her as soon as they got inside.

"You're too hard on him." He told her, and she couldn't help but sigh.

"I know, I just cant help it. Between the whole sun going out thing, you all lying to me about who Rosanna really is, and his stupid comments, I'm getting really frustrated here." She combed her hair with her hands, it helped calm her down when she was nervous. "I saw the look on your face when she said she was your cousin, I know you didn't agree with it, so why don't you tell me what's really going on, while I find you an outfit that'll really make you look handsome?" She asked with a wink as she began to raid her neighbor's wardrobe.

Lucian Summers - Apartments
Lucian frowned, not at all pleased with that response. Still, he didn't push the issue. He leaned against the window and closed his eyes, rubbing his hand across his forehead.

"Rosanna is Luna," he said eventually. "She told us that the sun's gone because Sol is dead, and that she's been framed for his murder. She came to us for protection, so please, please don't get on her bad side, or it'll go badly for all of us if you do."

Sylvia West - Apartments

She had just picked out a shirt and trousers combo that she thought would really work when Lucian said the truth. "Rosanna is Luna." As soon as he said that, the clothes she was holding dropped to the floor and she turned to Lucian with wide eyes. "Luna? You want me to hide LUNA?!! Gods, Luci, oh and I was such a bitch in there..." She started to panic again, but managed to restrain herself for the sake of getting things done.

"Look, Lucian, I trust you, and I'll help however I can, just promise that you have no more big surprises like that in store for me, ok? I don't think I can handle much more stress today." Taking a deep breath to center herself, a playful grin spread across her face. "Now hurry up and get undressed, we need to try these on you."

Lucian felt his face grow warm when Sylvia mentioned taking off his clothes, though hopefully in the poor lighting, she wouldn't notice. He shifted his position uncomfortably and glanced away, not meeting her eyes. "I... Think I can handle that myself. Don't you?"

Lucian turned his focus to the clothes on the floor. "I thought we were going for subtle," he said flatly. Partly true; the clothes did seem a bit too flashy to him, but mostly he was stalling. She certainly knew how to fluster him...

Sylvia West - Apartments

Sylvia chuckled at Lucian's adorably flustered actions. "Oh come on, Luci. What's wrong? Don't you trust me?" She said with an exaggerated hurt tone. When he mentioned the clothes, she gave him a bit of a look. "Trust me, you'll stand out more if you go for subtle. People here in the sun level like things extravagant, but if it's too much I'll go for something with less patterns." She said as she dove back into the wardrobe, pulling out a navy blue collared shirt, black trousers, and black tie. "These should work well, and they match your order's colors. Try them on!" She said, excited to see what he truly looked like under the bodysuit.

Lucian shot her a glare at her patronizing tone. "Blue is more Aaron's color," he mumbled. Typically, he went for black and silver; hypothetically it brought out his eyes more. Not that he was going to admit that that was why he preferred silver... But he took the shirt anyway.

"And I'm not wearing that tie," he said stiffly. Aside from the fact that they made you look like a pansy, ties were perfect for strangling people with. In fact he could remember at least two men he had taken out that way... If he was going to go out, he would at least prefer it be by a knife to the gut or a bullet to the head, not strangulation by tie.

Lucian gave Sylvia one quick, nervous glance before turning his back and slipping his shirt over his head, revealing the hundreds of gleaming, silver tattoos spanning across his back and arms. He didn't waste any time pulling the new shirt on, painfully aware of Sylvia's eyes boring into him as he did so.

Sylvia West - Apartments

Sylvia shrugged and threw the tie back into the closet. "Suit yourself, you're more of the rugged businessman type anyway." She noted. It took all of her will to keep from swooning at the site of Lucian without his shirt on. The musculature was even better defined then she'd ever imagined, but what she'd never thought of were the elegantly crafted tattoos that adorned his back. As soon as she caught a glimpse of them, he was pulling the shirt on.

"Wait, hold up. You never mentioned those tattoos on your back before." She said, rushing up and touching him where the tattoos were, painfully aware that she was blushing. "They looked silver, are they actually silver to help your demi abilities, or was that merely a stylistic choice?"

Lucian involuntarily flinched away from her touch, his skin tingling where her fingers had graced his back. He pulled the shirt a little tighter and started to button up the front, still not turning around to face her.

"They're silver," he said bluntly. Most of them were, anyway. The ones on his back were all silver, but half of the ones on his chest and arms were blue and black ink. He'd gotten those before he'd known he was a Demi. They'd taken up too much space at that point, so he was forced to put most of his silver tattoos on his back.

Sylvia West - Apartments

Her hand jerked back as he flinched away from her touch, instantly she felt bad for having gone too far with teasing him. "I see, well they're very pretty, and they really bring out your eyes. It's an attractive look.." She said, followed by a gasp and her covering her mouth. She handed him the trousers and turned away to help him feel more comfortable whilst hiding the blush on her face. "Let me know when you're ready for me to look, ok?" she said, desperately trying to change the subject.

Lucian blinked at Sylvia's words. "Uh..." He coughed uncomfortably. "Right."

He took the pants from her and changed quickly, wadding up his former clothes into a ball and tucking them under his arm. "Done," he told her.

Lucian looked at Sylvia for a moment, his eyes softening. He felt kind of bad for being so cold toward her; it wasn't really intentional. He wasn't used to this sort of thing. In fact, before they met Sylvia he was rarely ever around young women, and it was something he was still trying to adjust to.

Lucian suddenly plopped down in a random chair and crossed his leg, pulling his right foot up into his lap. He slid up his pant leg about half way up his shin, revealing a small black blotch on his ankle. "You know, this was the first tattoo I ever got," he explained, looking at the blotch. It had once been an image of a small crescent moon, but had since stretched and faded over time so that it was almost unrecognizeable now. "I wasn't even a year old when I got it. I guess it was an ancient ritual they used to do on newborn infants, a kind of christening. They don't usually do it anymore, since a lot of babies would get sick from the ink, but my mother insisted. She thought it would protect me from... A curse." Lucian squinted his eyes at that last part. His mother had wanted the tattoo because she thought he was bad luck, having been conceived by rape. She thought dedicating him to Luna would protect from that. Whether the protection was meant for him or her, he never could tell.

Sylvia West - Apartments

After listening to his explanation about the tattoo on his leg, Sylvia moved closer and kneeled down to get a better look at it. The tattoo was completely unrecognizable, its age showing clearly through how worn and torn it was. "Um... I have a tattoo as well. It's nothing fancy, just Tempest's symbol on my right shoulder blade. My dad and I believed that it would grant me his blessing for stormless deliveries whenever I flew my plane. It's worked for the most part, only ever encountered two storms in my life as a pilot so far. Would you... like to see it?" She was suddenly shy, having never shown that much bare skin to a boy before, especially one that she liked so dearly.

Lucian had listened with interest as Sylvia told him the story about her tattoo, but his face paled the moment she suggested showing it to him. There was a big difference between him showing her a tattoo on his ankle and her showing him a tattoo on her back. He looked conflicted for a moment before he rose to his feet, offering a hand to help her up too.

"Best not," he said briskly. "Would be terribly awkward if your neighbor came back home." Lucian smiled lightly at her, but then immediately averted his eyes again.

Luna - Sylvia's Apartment
Luna nodded to Lucian as he passed. When the door closed behind them she stood for several minutes, thinking. She walked over to the couch and sat down. Noting the teacakes on the table, she hesitantly took one from the platter and nibbled on a corner. Her eyes widened. In a matter of minutes the entire platter was empty. She brushed the crumbs off of her lap and sat back in the couch and waited for the others to return.

Aaron - The Apartments
Aaron gave Lucian a half smile. He felt like an idiot. He shouldn't have snapped like that. He watched as Sylvia and Lucian go into the apartment down the hall. When they where gone he pushed himself off of the wall and walked over to the apartment across the way. He tried the door. Of course it was locked. Yes, lets make Aaron's day even more difficult. Lock picking wasn't his forte. He reached into his pocket and pulled out some pins. After several minuets of fidgeting and muttering he finally got the door open. He located the tenet's room on the left. He opened the doors to the large wardrobe and studied it's contents. Taking out a white open collared shirt and dark blue pants; he quickly changed. He studied himself in the mirror. Eh, not bad. he thought to himself.

Sylvia West - Apartments

She was disappointed that Lucian didn't want to see her tattoo, but made a mental note that it might be the location that was putting him off. She smiled and took his outstretched hand, using him to pull herself up off of her kneeling position. "Thanks, Luci." She said. "Well, now that we've got you looking nice and handsome, lets go see how Alfredo is doing." She led him out the door and shut it behind her, not bothering to put the rest of the ransacked clothes back because it would waste more time.

Making it back to her apartment, she saw that the door she told Aaron to go in was open. Going back inside her apartment, Luna was still there and all of her teacakes were gone. "I thought you were going to help Alfredo, and... did you just eat all of my teacakes by yourself?" She asked, dumbfounded.

Adelaide Bennett - Apartments
Ada had left the Moon Level as quickly as possible, and it didn't take her long to see what was wrong. The sun was gone. Just like that. She must have stared at the sky for at least five minutes before she broke into a run, making a beeline for her friend's apartment. Ada dropped one of the parts she had retrieved from the smithy, but didn't even seem to notice as she kept going, feeling panic building in her chest.

She reached the apartment building and stormed up the stairs, her breath coming in short gasps. "S-Sylvia!" she practically screamed. "S-sun! Dark!"

Ada skidded to a stop in front of the doorway to Sylvia's apartment and immediately dropped everything she was carrying onto the floor in a great heap. Her head spun for a moment and she clung to the doorframe, feeling like she was about to fall over. Ada looked around the room, but didn't seem to register anything in front of her. "What happened?" she exhaled.

Lucian had happily followed Sylvia out of the other apartment, feeling the tension lift off his shoulders the moment they stepped outside. He couldn't help but crack a smile when they entered Sylvia's apartment only to see that the Goddess of the Moon had a major sweet tooth. Things you never really thought about...

But they were suddenly interrupted as a screaming girl came bursting in. Lucian wasn't sure how to react to that, so he just stared at her blankly. Did they even know this girl? Oh, right, she was one of Sylvia's friends... But the name escaped him.

Luna - Sylvia's Apartment
"I was hungry." Luna replied smoothly. "And Aaron is a grown man. He can dress himself."
She rode from the couch. "I am ready."
At that moment a dark haired young woman came bursting into the room screaming.
"S-Sylvia! S-sun! Dark!" She spilled what appeared to be some kind of mechanical parts all of the floor and leaned against the door frame; looking like she was about to pass out. Luna raised an eyebrow at Sylvia.

Aaron - Sylvia's Apartment
Aaron was just about to exit the room when he heard blood curdling screaming from Sylvia's apartment.
Luna was in danger! He cursed and took off out of the apartment and sprinted into Sylvia's, apartment staff in hand. He brushed past the girl paying no attention to her. He tripped over a bag of something hard and tripped into the room. He immediately rolled over and popped back up on his feet. Looking around wildly for a threat.

"What happened? Is everyone okay?"

Back