Deus Ex Machina Apartments

Sylvia West - Sylvia's Apartment

Sylvia could only facepalm at the comedy of errors that was happening in front of her. As soon as Luna was ready to leave, Adelaide came screaming into her apartment, dropping mechanical parts all over her floor, which then prompted Alfredo to come charging in looking for trouble. She let out an exasperated sigh and walked over to Ada, taking her face in her hands. "Ada! Calm down ok? Everything's going to be alright. I'll explain everything after you take a deep breath and pick your parts up off my floor. Deal?"

Adelaide Bennett - Sylvia's Apartment
Ada shook for a moment, still having trouble getting control of her breathing, though her eyes seemed to calm some. She nodded her head vigorously and forced herself to take a few deep breaths as she slowly lowered herself to the floor. Her chest hurt. Her throat hurt. She was still dizzy. But Ada slowly began to collect the parts on the floor and returned them to the bag, allowing the simple task to calm her.

Lucian Summers - Sylvia's Apartment
Lucian didn't bother to concern himself with what was going on with the new girl; it seemed like Sylvia had things under control and Ada didn't seem like a threat. Instead, he turned and looked at his sniper rifle with a frown. He would have preferred to take it with them, but it was far too conspicuous. With a sigh, Lucian shoved it under a few pillows on the couch before Ada could notice it.

Aaron - Sylvia's Apartment

It was only when Sylvia went up and spoke to Ada that he noticed her and realized that there was no danger. He breathed a little sigh of relief. The poor girl must have came up here distraught. He felt a little irked at Sylvia for not offering to help with cleaning up, and Lucian wasn't doing much either. He walked over to Ada and knelt next to her.
"Here, let me help." He said, picking up some of the items and placing them in the bag.

Luna - Sylvia's Apartment
Luna went back to the couch and sat with her hands folded. Watching Aaron and Ada clean without comment; making it quite obvious that she wasn't going to help either.

As Ada and Alfredo went about cleaning up the parts she dropped, Sylvia began explaining the situation. "Ok, so apparently someone has managed to kill Sol, the sun god, that's why the sun has blown out. Having been up here in the dark for a few hours I can say that it isn't all that harmful. Second, I'd like to introduce you to my friends. This is Lucian, and this is Aaron." She pointed to both of them, making a point to call Alfredo by his preferred name, only she could call him Alfredo, and maybe Lucian.

"Lucian, Aaron, this is Adelaide Bennett, she's the mechanic for my plane and a good friend of mine, and this here is Lucian's cousin, Rosanna. She's new in town and is in need of work and a place to stay, so I decided to let her onto my crew and have her sleep in the cargo hold. Bottom line is, looks like things are gonna take some getting used to, but once we figure out how to work in the dark, it'll be back to business as usual."

Lucian sat down on one of the couches while everything else was being worked out and immediately he felt exhausted. He hadn't slept in, what, 8 hours? Too long. He was tired. But they were going to be leaving soon, and now wasn't a good time-

Lucian's head lolled back against the cushions and he was out like a light. One of the many downsides of being a child of Somnium: sleep was always calling.

Ada looked up and gave Aaron a small, thankful smile at his offer to help. She moved over to make room for him on the floor and tried to focus on Sylvia's voice and her own breathing. When her friend finished explaining everything, she looked up in horror as something dawned on her.

"Working in the... Dark. The lights." Ada sprung to her feet, her eyes wide. "Sylvia, the lights!" She rushed to the window and pointed frantically at something, but it was unclear as to exactly what she was pointing at. "N-no photosynthesis. They need the sun. The plants. They can't..."

Ada closed her eyes and gave a growl of frustration. The words weren't coming out in the right order again.

Aaron grinned back at the girl as she scooted over. He could tell that she was breathing hard and face didn't look to good. He was about to suggest that she go sit on the couch and rest for a minute. When she suddenly leaped to her feet and over to the window. She was saying something about lights. He couldn't figure out what she was talking about, until she said the word photosynthesis. One of the few benefits not growing up in a aristocratic houshold was a good education. He knew exactly what photosynthesis was.
"Plants can't survive with the sun." Aaron said. The gravity the situation started to sink in. "Without it, our crops will die."

As Ada moved to the window, Sylvia looked over and saw Lucian pass out. She knew that as a child of Somnium he needed a great amount of sleep, but he'd never fallen asleep at her place before, her cheeks turned a shade of pink before she started getting angry at these loud idiots around her.

"SHHHHH!" She shushed them all incredibly loudly, pointing to the sound asleep Lucian on the couch. "You're going to wake him. Look, you're right, without the sun the plants will die, but what can we do about that? Leave figuring out how to replace the sun to the gods, we should focus on keeping ourselves going for now. Rosanna, if you're ready to go, I suggest we get you settled in. Lucian can stay here and get some rest, we wont need him for this simple errand and I'll come right back and watch over him once we're done moving you in. Ada, come with us, you can drop your things off at the shop and help get Rosanna acquainted with the ship and the rest of the crew. Everyone ok with that plan?"

"But they're, they're..." Ada continued to point out the window; as it turned out she was pointing at one of the greenhouses. Ada wasn't particularly religious; she didn't really trust the gods to find a replacement for the sun. What she did trust was human engineering. The Moon Level had lights; perhaps their lights might help the plants. She didn't know for sure, but she knew she was going to test her theory soon. The plants could go, what, 5 days maybe without sunlight? But Ada was no botanist...

Ada hung her head. "Fine..." she agreed.

Aaron finished putting the parts back in the bag and closed the top. He slung the bag over the shoulder; grunting a little at the heaviness of it and snatched up his staff. "Well, the gods better work quickly," he said. He nudged Lucian slightly with his staff. "Yup, he's out of commission." A small grin spread across his face. The world could be literally falling down around them and his friend would still find time to take a snooze.

Luna - Sylvia's Apartment
Luna eyed the sleeping assassin with distaste. "Obviously a son of Somnium," she said. She floated by the other three and stood by the door. "I'd rather not wait much longer."

Sylvia West - Sylvia's apartment

She nodded to them. "Alright, you three go on ahead. I just need to grab a couple things and I'll catch up." She waited for the other three to leave before turning back and kneeling down next to Lucian. She watched his sleeping face with a silly grin. "Gods, even when you're sound asleep you find a way to make me fall even harder for you." She leaned in and gave Lucian a gentle kiss on the forehead, wanting oh so much to kiss his lips, with him kissing her back passionately, but this would satisfy her for now. "Rest well, Lucian. I'll be back soon." With that she grabbed the keys to her airship and a few other miscellaneous items and ran out the door to try and catch up to her friends and the renegade goddess.

Lucian didn't wake again for another hour or so, though when he did it took a few minutes for his sleep-fogged mind to register what had happened. They'd left him. For goodness sakes they'd left him?! Lucian got to his feet, silently cursing his friends for ditching him, cursing his father (not for the first time) for his ridiculous genetics, and cursing himself for falling asleep yet again. He muttered under his breath as he collected his things and changed back into his assassin's clothing. If he was going to be alone, discretion wasn't really necessary. Lucian slung his rifle over his shoulder before he opened the window, preparing to vault out until he remembered something. He took a few moments to make sure the door to Sylvia's apartment was locked. After all, he'd heard that people around here were going and robbing their neighbors. Lucian couldn't help but smirk a little at the irony of that.

Wait, no, he was supposed to be angry right now. The things I do for you...

Lucian shook his head before setting off. Perhaps a run across the rooftops would cool his head before he met up with the others again. Otherwise he'd probably punch Aaron. Was probably his idea.

Back