Application!

inkdragon

Understandably Confused
Hey, my name's Ray, and I'm interested in playing! Let me know what you think, and of course I'm willing to accept constructive criticism.

Application Sheet
Name:
Maeve Halworth

Gender, Age:
Female, 19

Role (Family):
Guardian

Appearance: Maeve is 5'3" and despite her background, has always had difficulty putting on muscle. While strong enough to be a formidable enemy in battle, her body is built more for agility and speed than brute strength. She has dark skin, eyes, and hair, which she tends to keep cropped short for convenience.

Personality: Quick to anger and slow to forgive, Maeve has high expectations for herself as well as those around her. She pushes herself harder than necessary in every aspect of her life, from training to her studies. When others don't meet the never-ending standards she holds herself to, she snaps, and this behavior tends to push people away. Still, despite her temper, Maeve will fight to her dying breath for an ally or an innocent, even someone she's angry with or dislikes on a personal level. She lives her life by a strict moral code of black and white, and when that worldview begins to break down she doesn't know how to handle it.

Strengths: Like all the Guardians, Maeve has years of training for battle and is a skilled combatant. She's very agile and light on her feet, so she prefers finesse weapons when given the choice. Her size and agility also mean she can easily move without being seen or heard, even over difficult terrain.

On more than a physical level, Maeve prides herself on her determination. She will do whatever is necessary to help the people she cares about and will refuse toleave a man behind on the battlefield. Her moral compass is usually right, though it often misses the shades of gray in the world, and Maeve truly does want to do good for the world.

Weaknesses: Apart from the temper that snuck into the personality section (oops), Maeve has a hard time admitting when she is wrong. This ranges from a simple mistaken fact to a worldview she hadn't realized was fundamentally flawed. She's very proud and will get defensive and combative when confronted. If events force her to change her worldview, she turns her fear of the unknown into anger and will stubbornly push back until she is left with no other choice but acceptance.

Again, to counter her agility, Maeve has never had brute strength. While she can work around this for the most part, it has been her downfall in more than one sparring match. In battle, she is scared more often than she would ever admit, something that constantly frustrates her. She covers it well and never shirks from a fight, but even though no one but her knows about it, she hates the fear she can't push away like the other Guardians seem to be able to.

History or Backstory: As Maeve was born in the Fortress, she spent her childhood training, studying war tactics, and getting lessons in wilderness survival. Her parents, Eltrow and Darine, were Guardians, and they were always hard on her and her older brothers Michael and Roran. They were never cruel, but they knew that the day would come where the children had only their training to rely on.

Michael, Maeve's oldest brother, was put into service first. Although he was a powerful warrior, his scouting party was ambushed by the King's Guard on one of his first missions. Only one member made it back, and Maeve and her family were told Michael had died honorably, defending his fellow Guardians to the last. The whole family was shaken. The training and sparring that had once felt like a game to Maeve now took on a completely different feel. Still, she refused to abandon her training, despite her family asking her to let it go, and a year later she herself got her tattoo of service.

Maeve is currently fighting to defend the fortress. She knows Roran is also fighting somewhere, but they have been assigned to different sections of the defenses and she does not know where he is.

Last edited:
The application looks great. Sorry it took me a few days. As some of the others on STC already know I am actually out of the country for a few more weeks. (About a month). It is taking me a little longer to get through these things. There is only one error that I see withe application. At this point we are defending the fortress, it has not fallen yet. Otherwise it look fine. Welcome to the crew and I am looking forward to making a post to get everyone caught up and ready to move on with the battle starting this weekend. In the mean time I will be conducting interviews and researching the rest of this week. Writing and turning in reports so I will have to wait till probably Friday, or Saturday to get us kicked off.

Looking very much forward to seeing Maeve in action.

Awesome, thanks! And I can make that change easily to the character sheet. I'll keep an eye out for the information post later this week, then! :)

Oh- and my Discord is different from my username here, in case you were wondering who that random person who joined your channel is, haha.

Back