Akashic Arcana Arcadia Dormitories - A New Roomie?! [Kei & Cena]

Katie

@0rganist

When Keilantra received information of her new room, she was told that she was to share a room with a student whose roomie had been transferred to another Academy. Her name was Azucena Escarra, and from the general information, she came from SAC.

Once Kei stood before the room, she could hear the muffled sound of music rocking from behind the door. The moment she opened it, she was literally blasted by ancient rock music, that even fathers would find way too old. Pour Some Sugar On Me, by Def Leppard was blasting through stereos hung up on the wall loosely by chains. If not for the music, the pure sight of the room was a total mess. Clothes on the floor. Clothing strings with bras and underwear hung half way through the room. There were huge posters of old rock legends and a huge Anarchist Flag hanging by the window.

"Pour some sugaaaaar on meeeeeeee!" The sound of Cena screaming to the chorus as she laid on the bed while mimicking the rift of the guitar as she was playing the air guitar. The girl was a terrible mess, too easy going more or less.

The next thing other than the vision of this post-apocalyptic room was the smell. There was a distinct scent of cigarettes and alcohol. It was like a low, integrated, smell of the room. However, there was no physical evidence of such illegal items, which meant Cena was hiding them well.

"Eyyy man. Who opened the room?" Azucena noticed eventually that someone had entered the room, and once she looked towards Kei, and her luggage, it was quite obvious who she was. "Awh shiet, was it today?" Cena quickly lowered the volume of the music to background noise.

As Azucena stood up, Kei could get the whole vision of the woman. Cena's choice of clothes was as rebellious as her room and decoration. She was practically half-naked, in the sense of how much skin she shows in her style of clothing. Short black jean shorts, that cut just by the socket of her thighs, revealing all of her naked slender legs, as if she was in her underwear. And of course, the shorts had a cute stylish belt as well. Her stomach was completely revealed, cutting just by the chest area as she wore a tight slim t-shirt that had been cut just below the chest area by herself. To cover up her arms, she wore a baseball leather jacket. Azucena's face was gorgeous, to say the least. Clean pristine skin, big blue eyes, slim narrow lips and round soft looking cheeks.

Azucena smiled towards Kei as she stepped closer towards the woman, narrowly dodging the landmine of items on the floor as she would literally jump in front of the woman and extending her hand as a greeting.

"Nice to meet you, roomie! I am Azucena! You can just call me Azu or Cena if you like~"

Up close, it was apparent that the woman is well-trained. Literally, her abdominal abs were right in front of Key in this view. But she also had a different air around her, a sense of balance perhaps? Yet, given the state and look of the room, she seems more like an aloof airhead punk-ass-girl if anything. That much for a good first impression!

"And must I say... Don't you look... Exotic..." She winked slyly towards Kei, obviously hinting towards her white hair, pale complexion and the ice queen beauty she had to her.
latest

What an interesting name…. Azucena? Kei thought as she carried her luggage through the semi empty halls of the dorms. She had begged her father to let her rent her own room, no roommates required… but even men like her father knew that it was more than crucial for someone like Keilantra to not be by themselves all the time.

She was not the best at introductions, or the awkward silence that follows after she speaks about herself. Her long white hair was up in a messy bun, a pair of thick black lenses rested on her face allowing her sensitive eyes to not be blinded by the bright fluorescent light of the hallways.

The ruckus, for a lack of a better word, grew louder as she approached what she hoped to Lua was not her room. Her black summer dress draped loosely against her small frame, a high contrast against her pale white skin, the once loud echo of her heels clicking against the polished floors fading as the music grew louder.

She reached for the singular golden key the administrative office had handed her with the room number, the door practically vibrated with the beat of the music that was clearly blasting on the other side. With her lips pursed and a ticking bomb in her mind, she clicked the key in the lock and opened the door to find what she presumed to be her roomate playing a guitar that was not there.

Kei’s expression was of horror to put it mildly, she placed her luggage down, and looked at Azucena in disbelief as she lowered the volume.

Azucena was clearly a gorgeous woman, attractive to say the very least. Her clothes were revealing in nature and something that would probably drive the few first year boys Kei passed by on campus, mad. Cena’s aura was dark, but strangely, it was not vibrant as you would expect from someone with her kind of power.

The room was a mess, the smell was pungent and strong, but she was used to the smoke. Her father was a heavy smoker; but the blatant disregard of rules though, was enough to make Kei blush with frustration.

“My name is Keilantra, it is a pleasure to meet you,” Kei said with tongue in cheek, her voice accented as always as she forced the corners of her mouth up into a smile. Extending her arm expecting some sort of handshake from her now acquainted roommate.

Last edited:
Azucena's handshake was firm and without further ado, Kei was being pulled into the room and the door smacking firmly behind. Ominous.

"Welcome to our home sweet home roomie!" Azucena extended both of her arms to showcase all of the room, and the woman herself began to turn around on her heels before throwing herself down into the bed. Azucena seemed to have enough decency to only mess things up on her end. The other half of the room, which belonged to Keilantra, was completely clean to the very core. Only a single bed, working desk, and a chair were given to her. The rest, she had to procure herself.

"I've made sure to clean up your half of the room! My old roomie was an airhead like me~ so we sorta just messed it all up together! Sad she had to go, but you know. The girl realized her true calling!" She nodded firmly before sitting up on the bed, cross-legged and a dastardly grin her lips as she gazed towards Kei with her bright blue eyes.

"It is nice to meet ya' partner. I saw you on the entrance exam, nice going. Your team was possibly the smoothest one I've seen. Your magic is SUPER cool! And scary. But mostly cool by the way! Which class didya get placed into?"

Kei felt the pull as Cena pulled her into the room and pushed the door closed behind them. Her eyebrow raised as she looked over her roommate with a puzzled look.

The edge of the bedroom, seemed to disconnect with the mess and chaos created on the other side of it. The bed was a regular twin size bed, she approached it cautiously as Cena headed towards her own.

"I've made sure to clean up your half of the room! My old roomie was an airhead like me~ so we sorta just messed it all up together! Sad she had to go, but you know. The girl realized her true calling!" Cena had said in a rather cheerful voice, plopping herself down on her bed, sitting cross-legged and flashing a rather ferocious grin at Kei. Their eyes met for a second after Kei had taken off her glasses, her pale blue eyes seemed almost dull because of the way the light crept through the window.

“Teamwork is not my forte… but I couldn’t let the kid get mauled by Gregory,” she blinked surprised by the compliment, “I’m in Class A” She looked away from Cena and began unpacking from the suitcase she had placed on her bed.

Her delicate fingers traced the lace, silk, and cottons of the clothes she had in the case. Debating what to take out first and how to organize it in such a small and shared space.

Without looking at Cena, but addressing the compliment the girl had so cheerfully given her, "my magic is rare, and I rather not flaunt it around for everyone to see... it's strange, you know... to have such a giving quality like voodoo, but polluting it the way that I have." Kei's voice was monotone as she spoke, almost as if she were talking to herself, her hands still in her suit.

Cena smiled as she listened to what her roomie had to say. She nodded happily, and her face slowly lighted, even more, up as Kei said that she was placed in Class-A as a 2nd-year transfer student. "OH MY GOD! You got placed in Class-A? Jesus, that is amazing! But well, I am really average you see~ And I am happy to be in Class-C. Less homework, expectations and I can just hang around here, chillin' with some rock music baby." She winked slyly at Kei, before she slowly turned up the volume, but not beyond speaking level.

Kei would soon come to learn that Cena had little respect for private space. The girl already 'jumped' at her from behind, Cena attempted to wrap her arms around Kei's neck before pressing her body against her back. Cena's head poked out with her chin resting against the Haven girl's right shoulder as she became all interested in what she had in her suitcase. "Those are some nice clothes~ Tell you what, how about I take you out to the commercial district and we go shopping for things you might need?"

She grinned before letting go of Kei, slowly spinning on her heels before stopping right in front of her own closet. Even Cena's closet looked original. Completely black and spray painted with different symbols of anarchism, freedom, and rock n' roll. She grabbed a pair of black police sunglasses, she looked towards Key before offering them to her. "It's quite sunny outside, why don'ya try my shades? Might even suit ya!" Despite not looking really bright, just one look at the girl's eyes, Cena had a feeling she didn't quite stand the sun. So why not look badass while rocking some shades?

Azucena smiled so gleefully as she was looking forward to taking her roomie out for some shopping spree. "Actually, whatever you find in my closet, you can just borrow! Mi casa es su casa hombre!" Her voice was exaggerated at the end, high-pitched and too excited.

The brief silence that followed her own statement allowed her to catch the almost white-noise music that played softly from the speakers that Cena placed around her side of the room. Kei had never really liked "new" music, or loud music, her father was one of those pompous bastards that claimed that classical was the only music that mattered - and it heavily impacted the Kei's view on music was. Cello, piano, flute and acoustic guitar; all learned by paying tutor after tutor, but never did she learn about lyrics or about the way music could just sway someone as much as it appeared to have moved Cena.

"OH MY GOD! You got placed in Class-A? Jesus, that is amazing! But well, I am really average you see~ And I am happy to be in Class-C. Less homework, expectations and I can just hang around here, chillin' with some rock music baby." She turned to look at Cena. The loud girl winking at her as she reached over to increase the sound of the music.

With a slight blush covering her pale cheeks, she quickly resumed to the clothes that she had been fiddling with, finally deciding to take out her clothes, stack by stack.

Kei let out a little hop as a result of Cena jumping behind her and completely disregarding the rules of personal space. The girl's arms wrapping around Kei's thin frame, the warmth of her skin pressed against her back, Cena's head resting on the hollow of her shoulder.

"Those are some nice clothes~ Tell you what, how about I take you out to the commercial district and we go shopping for things you might need?" Cena had said with her cheery voice, her warm breath caressing Kei's cheek.

Kei wanted to speak, say something like "sure let's go!" or something of the sort, but nothing came out of her mouth, only a warm red managed to come to her face, colouring her pale face. As the obviously South American girl, twirled and made her way to her own closet, Kei turned around, a shirt still on her hands.

"I-I have my own sunglasses, thank you," Kei managed to stutter out, thoroughly confused by how happy and cheery this woman was, her eyes glancing over the pair of glasses she had taken off soon after arriving to her room.

It was rather strange for Keilantra, to have someone so happy and full of life involved in her life Maybe it was a game of fate... to meet someone like this and have to spend a whole school year stuck with them.

"Alright then! Guess I'll rock these babies." Cena smirked before she slipped on the sunglasses, now they looked like a pair of rockstars at least! Walking indoors with shades on, how rebellious! She loved the idea already. "Come on Kei, we should head off before it gets dark!" Azucena attempted to grab Kei's hand, holding it tightly before pulling the girl with her out of the room! She kicked the door back into the frame once they got out, and with a simple rune spell, she locked the door. A soft blue magical pattern formed by the door handle, and the distinct sound of locking mechanism echoed out. "Off we goooo!"

Azucena held on to Kei's hand throughout it all. As they rushed through a myriad amount of students who were walking towards their dorms. While Cena was directing herself and Kei throughout the masses she couldn't help but look back towards this cute Haven girl and speak more to her. "Okay! I am just holding your hand because you are new and everything! We won't get anywhere if you don't have the guts-..." She stopped herself mid-sentence before shouting: "COMING THROUGH! MOVE YER ARSES!" She screamed while pushing herself and Kei through the student wave.

Once they had made it out towards the front gates, Cena smiled back and let go of Kei's hand. "Okay, follow me! I'll show you something. Real vintage."

Cena took Kei to a small storage shed, that was rented out in her name. It was just outside their dorm, and most students had their bikes in here. Cena however, was different. She opened the garage door, and inside, was the most beautiful piece of the year 2009 motorcycle. "Aint she a pretty thing?"

1ninjah2.jpg

"Twin-engines, 400 kilometers pr. hour in just 5 seconds. She is a beast! But the gas can be a little hard to get. I renovated her myself. You can call her Daisy~" She smirked deeply towards Kei, obviously proud.

She kind of lost track of whatever was in her hands and what even was on her mind as Azucena pulled her and pushed her out of the door, locking the door behind them and suddenly speeding towards what she assumed was the exit of the building.

Kei was being dragged by Cena the whole time, confused beyond belief as they pushed past everyone.

Students seemed to gather in place as a massive wall of people here and there, as they all tried to make their ways to their dorm rooms. It was not everyday they saw something like Azucena hauling-ass with a ghost around the halls, so it made sense for them to stop and just become more of an immovable nuisance.

"Okay! I am just holding your hand because you are new and everything! We won't get anywhere if you don't have the guts-..." Cena said as she turned around to speak to her, stopping mid-sentence before shouting: "COMING THROUGH! MOVE YER ARSES!" She screamed at the group of students that approached with perplexed looks on their faces.

If you don't have the guts...? Kei was a little insulted at first, not quite understanding what bravery had to do with quickly making way through the sea of students... but nevertheless, she brushed it off as she rationalized that it meant something else.

Taking a deep breath as they approached what looked like a storage unit for various bikes and small vehicles, Kei looked at Cena as she proceeded to open what appeared to be her own personal garage.

"Ain't she a pretty thing?" Cena said with pride as she showed off a rather old motorcycle, not one kiss from time had taken the life out of this particular piece. The metal parts of the visible engine were corroded or even dirty, the tires were shiny as of made of pure black oil... even someone that knew nothing about bikes like Kei, knew this beauty was irreplaceable and valued beyond compare.

"She is gorgeous, Cena" Kei managed to say as her eyes ran over every small detail of the bike, the amount of time Cena probably spent ensuring it was this perfect... Kei could not possibly imagine dedicating this much time to something that to her would appear so trivial and unimportant.

Azucena smiled warmly towards Kei as she complimented Daisy. She was literally all excited to show Kei more of what her little beauty can do. "Well partner, let's take her for a ride yeah!" She grinned towards Kei before throwing her a spare helmet. Cena slipped on her own before quickly positioning herself at the bike, she kicked off the standers before waiting for Kei to climb on behind her.

"Ready?" Cena spoke with a slight tease as she slipped the key in the ignition.

With a mighty roar, the engines of the Kawasaki started to rumble. The twin-engine giving off a smooth, yet aggressive vroom, as a compressed stream of smoke gushed out of the exhaust pipes. Kei would have to hold on tightly. Cena grinned before she twisted the speeder, she held the breaks in as she was burning rubber behind them. Smoke started to emerge from the back wheels, and the moment she released, they were launched with high velocity from the get-go. "YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" She screamed from under the helmet.

Kei and Azucena sped through the campus with little regards for the other students. The Kawasaki with a roaring beast as students jumped several meters to avoid a collision. Cena was literally driving through the pedestrian path of the campus before finally hitting the road.

"Watch it you maniacs!" An angry student was yelling towards them, even throwing his coffee after them, which didn't hit the mark at all.

Cruising across the island of Arcadia was a bliss for Azucena. The seaside view, the air, and the speed from her Kawasaki was just the perfect combo. They were going 75 miles per hour, and Cena was quite good at driving in-between cars and smoothly cut ahead of them to maintain the steady speed.

The roar of the bike was almost demonic for people of this age. Not used to the rough engines of a Cutaway H2R. It sounded like the roar of thunder whenever Cena added more gas and velocity.

---------

If Kei was still alive by now, it seems like Azucena was slowing down. She was driving slowly towards a beach area with a parking spot. The sight was absolutely gorgeous as you could see the crystal clear Japanese coastline. In the far distance, one could just skim the outlines of Tokyo.

"Waaaaaa! Now that was a rush don'ya think Kei?" Cena was grinning wickedly behind her shoulders, she had pushed up the visor of her helmet for a moment as she steadily drew the bike towards a vacant parking spot.

She looked at the helmet in something similar to fear but more approaching to anxiety.
"Ready?" Cena spoke with a hint of teasing in her voice.

"N-not read-" she was cut off by the loud roar of the bike. Instinctively, she tightened her grip around the girl's waist, terrified half to death.

It's not everyday you ride in an ancient motorcycle and hold on to a latina girl that could potentially kill you.... Kei's heart raced in her ribcage, her vision narrowing as adrenaline pumped through her body.

---

By the time they arrived, she felt like a cat that had just been put in a bag and shaken up. Her muscles were tense, and her head was spinning.

Her eyes looked over Azucena, her voice just echoing in Kei's head...

"I.... I..." Kei stuttered as she reached for her helmet and placed it on the bike.

Cena parked the bike in-between two other cars, she smiled towards Kei as she fumbled to place back the helmet. Azucena grinned a little at her as she slipped off her own helmet, Cena's hair whipped out in a cascade of black that rained down on her shoulders. "First time on a bike?" She smirked towards Kay before moving her gloved hand to ruffle a little against Kei's fluffy white hair. She moved up behind Kei, only to suddenly put both of her hands against the girl's cheeks and direct her head towards the view ahead.
C9czU-lXoAEEE4M.jpg

Kei would be able to see a perfect and still lagoon. The ocean so calm and blue that it was magical. The sun was slowly coming down, painting the skies orange with soft red hues in the water. On this tranquil plane of the endless sea, was a floating restaurant, connected by a long wooden bridge. Hopefully, the sight could make Kei calm down just a little.

"I hope you don't mind the aesthetics," Azucena spoke in a soft mellow tone, her very breath caressing Keilantra's neck like a warm summer breeze. In any case, Azucena started to walk down towards the beach while holding on to Kei's hand as the girl was clearly shaken from the bike. "Sorry, I'll try and go a little slower next time." She said with a bright smile that even her eyes became half-closed.

"Riding a motorcycle at 80 miles per hour, is definitely a drastic change from me walking everywhere or riding one of my Golems..." Kei looked over at Cena as she had reached out to ruffle her silky white hair up, her voice still pretty shaky as the adrenaline that coursed through her veins began to dissipate.

The view that Cena showed her was serene and calming in nature, the overwhelming beauty of the sea made Kei's expressionless features, light up with a warm rush of sobering happiness.

Maybe this is where I was meant to be...

"You'd think that living in Haven, we would see a lot of these kind of scenery..." Kei began after Cena had teased her about a future motorcycle ride, "... but my people are so drowned in paranoia even so long after.... it appears even the sun refuses to show them the beauty after a storm"

Kei's hands reached up to her face and removed the sun glasses that covered her pale eyes, removing them to allow them to look at the sky without the dark filter she was doomed to see it through.

The color of her eyes shifting to a clear lilac color, the warm orange of the sun breaking into particles as her usually blue eyes deflected the light and only took in color...

The silence of the beach interrupted by the sounds of their feet against the sandy earth underneath them.

Cena offered Keilantra a solemn smile, she was empathizing with her roommate as she explained the background how her people perceived things. Azucena couldn't help but smile even more as she caught the changing colors of Kei's eyes that turned into a hazed lilac with the glowing orange orb of the sunset reflecting within her eyes. "Your eyes are very pretty." She said with a joyous expression, she didn't shy away from saying it either, and nor did she blush. She only smiled towards Keilantra and her words were sincere. Be as crazy or lazy as Azucena may be, her sincerity was something to admire.

Deciding that Keilantra may want to see the Golden Hour, Azucena took her as close to the waters as possible. Any moment now. "I'll show you something really special." Azucena took off her leather jacket, revealing that was only wearing a slim black top over her chest. Her arms bare and Kei could just see how well-trained and athletic she looked. Yet, it was her smile. The way she lifted her lips upward. The way her one dimple crinkles. The way her teeth are perfectly aligned. The warm glow and happiness that her smile gives. Cena's smile was like the sun setting behind them and Keilantra reborn in its light.

Azucena rolled out her jacket on the sand, before urging Keilantra to sit down next to her. If Kei followed, Cena couldn't help but just hold her tightly with her right arm, pulling in a slight warm embrace as they gazed towards the setting sun.

The yellow ball of fire changed to hues of orange, and then almost tangerine. It merged with the sky, like juice-mix dissolving in a glass of water. The clouds were cotton-candy, as though they blushed at the warm touch of the sun. Silhouettes of birds flew home across a sky that was now magenta; and the sun was half into the water, but its reflection in the sea made it look complete. The mauve of the dusky sky intensified, and in just a while, the biggest star had set, giving way to a thousand others.

The Golden Hour appeared in a flash and gone just as fast. The moment the sealine and the sun was perfectly aligned, and it was like looking into the Garden of Paradise for just a moment.

Accepting compliments had never been a thing Keilantra excelled at, as a matter of fact, she felt she had very flawed reactions to them... but she took it and smiled warmly. Hoping her silence was taken kindly by Cena.

For someone that thoroughly disliked physical contact, Kei seemed to feel comforted by Cena, granted, it made her blood boil with anxiety; much like how a dog that has seen nothing but abuse growl at the slightest sign of compassion.

It was rather odd, the whole way things were and were probably going to be...

When the sun finally sunk into the now eerily red sea, Kei looked up at the poorly lit sky, the stars finally creeping through the mauve coloured clouds.

"It's quite a view is it not?" She smiled towards Kei once again, the stars were like an unending expanse of light that stretched above the night sky. Azucena was hoping that her roomie appreciated the sight as much as she did. Sometimes, it is perfectly fine to slow down and just admire the beauty of the life.

"No matter how much we fight, or how much our world has suffered. The sky remains the same. In my village, we believe that once a person dies, we return to the heavens and become a star for the next generation to look up to." She said with a solemn tone as she gazed towards Kei. Eventually, she stood up and offered the Haven girl a hand. "Let's get going before you catch a cold."

Once Kei got up, Azucena would attempt to wrap her jacket around Kei's shoulders. It had her scent, a soft mix of vanilla and jasmine.

"Oh... I am sorry Kei, I forgot that we were supposed to go to the Commercial District. It is still not too late if you want to go?"

She giggled quietly as Cena placed the jacket over her own shoulders, "You know, you probably need the jacket more than me considering you're looking for 30 minutes of fun" Kei's voice was soft and accented as always, but a flirtatious hint was tossed in the mix. Her native tongue shining through the way she enunciated that after giggling.

"We can head back if you want..." Kei replied quietly, as she thought of what Cena had said about her hometown. Kei had never been anywhere but Heaven, the Union and the Kingdom of Britannia; but as far as she knew, the SAC was one of those places that had suffered even before the war....

She crouched on the sand and proceeded to remove her heels, wanting to feel the now cool sand against her skin, the paleness of her feet making it seem as if she were made of opalescent white glitter against the sand. With heels in hand she followed after Cena, her coloured skin seemed to glow with warmth against the cool breeze that blew from the north.

Back