Akashic Arcana Arcadia Mainstreet - A Sudden Appearance

Zangyl

@Arthro

The smells; the colors; the sounds. It all came in unfiltered; scrambling Christian's thoughts as he walked through one of Arcadia's main-streets. Internally conflicted between the strong desire to get himself a strong drink, and the need to finish-up the Lunaris-team's exam, he wandered. He was now wearing his signature black suit with perfectly white dress shirt. His black tie keeping it together. His feet gracefully touched the main-street's white pavement as he was - without him realizing it - on his way towards one of the Academy's many bars. His blue eyes looked around, and together with his mouth; they smiled towards the students that looked at him.

'All the smiling... all of the good behavior i show; and still they avoid me.' He thought as he recognized the space between him and the other students; almost all of them too afraid to get too close.

After all, Christian is the one in charge of the Academy's security. Angering such a person, could endanger their position in classes and their ranking in total. Most of the students smiled back at Christian; not sincere and genuine, but out of necessity and fear; fear of losing their rank and fiercely fought-for positions at class. Most of the time, the students who had previously laughed or smiled at him cobbled together and whispered; loud enough for Christian's sensitive ears to pick it up.

Christian sighed at the realization that no-one really knew how lonely he actually felt...

Earth, 2001. North Western Russia

A tower atop the wastelands.

Bum Bump...

Bum Bump...

Bum Bump...

Each second Pyotr was reminded that he did in fact own a heart, and was a human being behind the mask that concealed him from those he had lied to. Lies that enabled both him and his partner to get where the had to be.

It was for the greater good, he constantly spewed around inside of his brain, trying desperately to subdue the feelings of guilt that have long since enveloped him when the very first of his comrades were killed.

"I drugged them, UV."

<:: I know. ::> A robotic voice replied from the floor of the elevator. The small black machine couldn't fly while the metallic chamber rose at an incredible speed, and didn't bother to move a single servo. <:: Humans tend to value their lives enough not to throw themselves in front of a bullet, Pyotr. ::>

Pyotr could do nothing but look at the ground in shame, and this brought his attention to the rifle in his arms, and that rifle also reminded him exactly what he was doing. He raised it towards the doors of the elevator that would slide open any minute now, leaving both him and UV almost completely exposed to the guar- Nevermind, they were opening now.

Several deafening POK sounds resonated through the chamber into the wide room it had opened into.
These shots fired from Pyotr's weapon hit their marks -- the heads of some that had been ordered to clamp down the lab housing the machine. It resided in the very center of the room, with massive segmented hoses and wires hung from the ceiling digging into the glowing metal structure it was. Pyotr kicked UV out from behind of the now open elevator door, and he himself took cover behind the opposing small bit of cover that the inside of it had. It protected him from the many chunks of lead that were flying at the two, each one with an insatiable bloodlust.

Peeking out from behind the wall again with his rifle in front of him, Pyotr took several more shots, at least getting some wounds into the 'men' before the alarm rang. It was loud. Louder than his gun, so loud that he wished he could cover the ears beneath his helmet.

<:: We need to go now, you fool. They will close the elevators. ::>

Just as the robot said this -- still on the floor, by the way -- a grenade Pyotr identified as a fog canister was thrown into the chamber both he and UV were taking cover in. The gas emitted from it was not only nightmarishly lethal, it's formulated to coat the glass ports of gas masks with a thick blurring agent that would render them nearly useless. Pyotr grabbed UV by the antenna and dove out of the chamber, sensing bullets plinking off of the metal floor around him before he could scramble up against a recently decommissioned barricade.

Swinging around on his heels and rising to his feet, Pyotr fired back.

Hit.

Hit.

... Miss.

Hit.

"AAHGHCF"
Pyotr screamed in pain as a bullet hit him directly upon the chest -- his heart. That sick, lying heart that would have been reduced to mush had Pyotr not been wearing his vest. Falling backwards, Pyotr was safe from the successive volley of bullets from the last man standing. Grabbing at the affected area with his massive, gloved hand, Pyotr sucked in air as he picked his rifle up from the cold, nearby ground. He coughed into his mask, and inhaled loudly as he attempted to move to another barricade, remaining low.

Rising up again, he dumped what was left of his magazine towards the man who would have killed him had he been playing fair.

They were all dead now. UV was apparently able to sense this before rising from the ground, his thrusters groaning to life. He sailed through the air to the control panel of what appeared to be most of the facility below the two left in the room, along with the massive machine present as well.

"Stop all the fucking elevators!" Pyotr commanded, looking to the several other sliding doors present in the room. "Just close everything!"

If UV could scowl, he would have done it. He also would have taken his sweet ass time taking over the facility if he himself weren't in danger as well. <:: You wanna fucking try using this board, comrade? ::>

Deeply laughing/coughing, Pyotr had found himself across the room, searching the bodies for a magazine that would fit his nearly ten year old rifle. UV looked back down to the control panel, seeming to temporarily force himself to forget Pyotr ever existed.

A loud cheer from the man made this paradise short lived for him.

<:: The facility is under my control, but it won't be for long. I will detonate the warheads now. ::>

"What?! I thought we were going to use the teleporter?"

UV paused, his eye closing for a moment. He turned to face Pyotr, who was standing above the bodies of three men, gloves covered in blood. <:: You are really going to stoop that low? Not even I am going to let myself live after what you've committed. ::>

"Alright then, lemme use the control panel then, fucker!" Pyotr shouted, beginning to walk over, pushing UV away from above the panel.

<:: Ahh, just let me do it, you ass! You'd probably somehow figure out how to do some stupid shit despite all I've done to this place already. ::>

Pyotr stepped back, folding his arms behind his back. "We turn on the teleporter, activate the warheads, then you and I step through the field."

<:: Yep... Everything's ready. Go now. ::> As the machine says this, it turns around to face the teleporter. Both subjects approach the abomination of metals and strange glowing substances cautiously as a large, torrential explosion of deep purple and electricity fills the room. Both Pyotr and UV are sucked in before it closes shortly after. The room is silent, save for a soft:

Beep...

Beep...

Beep...

Nothing.

Purple.

Everything is purple. Shades of purple, It's all that can be seen. A cloud of darkly colored dust rushed past Pyotr, barraging his suit until he entered a long 'tunnel' where the nearest blob of churning purple granules was at least 40 meters from him.

Then a foreign silence.

Pyotr was still moving at the same astounding velocity, it seemed, but there was no noise save for his trained breaths. It appeared that he was in a vacuum.

The inside of Pyotr's helmet beeped monotonously:

- - - . . - - -

O2. The suit had detected no oxygen in the area around itself and had begun tapping into its reserve. Three weeks of liquid oxygen remained in Pyotr's pack.

Pressing his thumb on the top of his middle finger, a muffled click resonated through the rubber composing his suit.

"UV, do you read me?"

Releasing the button on his finger, he listened.

HssssssSSssssSssssssSSSSsSssSSssssssss...

Pressing the button once more, he repeated, a little more clear into the microphone:

"UV, do you read?"

Pyotr waited a moment to release the button this time, taking a quick breath into his lungs and holding it.

sSSssssssssssssssSSSSSssssssssssssssssss...

Pyotr released his lungs, and the hissing continued for several minutes before Pyotr got used to the sound. The minutes ticked on, but Pyotr had no way of keeping track of time -- all he saw were the clouds. It was honestly quite comfortable, floating in space with no weight on his exhausted legs and spine, to the point where Pyotr began to doze off with the hissing of his radio and the various mechanical sounds the pack attached to him made.

A voice spoke to the scientist, clear as day, snapping Pyotr to full consciousness with a jerk of every muscle. The hissing cut out, just as it had before.

"UV, I read you loud and clear. Are you okay?"

The button was unpressed immediately.

ssssSsssssssssssssssssSSsSSSSSSsssSSsssss...

Waiting for a reply, he blinked.

"UV?"

The hissing prevailed, leaving Pyotr alone in the clouded void, arms and legs bent slightly as he sped through the tunnel at an incredibly high speed.

He gently shook his head, closing his eyes. Opening them, he was clearly growing impatient just as he was flung into a wall of dust. This caused Pyotr to flinch, momentarily forgetting that the material was simply floating dust. It took a moment to burst out back into an identical tunnel as before, and Pyotr's eyes grew heavy while his mind grew still.

"You're a child!"

He was jolted awake the same as before.

Looking around frantically, Pyotr had moved to press the radio talk button, but hesitated, listening to the gentle hiss his radio constantly outputted.

Pyotr closed his eyes, and found himself pinned to the cold, snow blanketed ground by two adolescents on both his left and right. Pyotr's young, fat face scrunched up as a snowball was thrown at his face, and watched through squinted eyes as another figure reached down to form another chunk of snow.

Jerking back to reality with bulging eyes and a sudden, particularly unflattering gasp, Pyotr's blood was racing as he was nearly certain he could feel the snow melting off of his face underneath his mask. Raising his arms to claw at the rubber and glass that covered his head, he pulled at his suit, growling in frustration while his breaths grew heavy. He could hear the mocking voices of the teenagers, he had to wipe the snow off his face but he just couldn't free his arms from their grasp.

"You're a weak, worthless bitch of a boy!" The voice screamed down at him.

"STOP!" Pyotr shouted into his mask with closed eyes, and everything grew quiet once again. The snow was gone, as if it were never there. All Pyotr could hear was his own raspy wheezes, and the hiss of his radio. That damn radio.

"UV, do you read me?"

sssssSsssssssSSSSssssSSssssssssssssSSSSSss...

Suspended seemingly motionless in the center of the tunnel for what seemed like an hour now, Pyotr slowly began to doze off, hypnotized by the clouds moving past him. His eyelids grew heavy.

"You're like a girl! A worthless, dick sucking whore!"

Instead of opening his eyes, they remained screwed shut, Pyotr afraid of what he might see.

Dozens of deep laughs echoed around him. The voice was in Pyotr's ears. He could feel the warmth of his breath as he whispered: "I'm gonna make you the girl you are."

Pyotr opened his eyes, screaming in a primal fight response when he saw a face just beyond his visor. The eyes were too sunken to see as it raised a large, bloody knife into view of the visor, tapping it against the glass. Pyotr never stopped screaming, and closed his eyes to find another pile of snow thrown in his face.

"Go down there!"

"I need my son!"

"Get into the fucking bunker!"

"LET ME GO!" Pyotr screamed, lashing out at the void.

Multiple explosions rained around Pyotr's head, deafening him to nothing but his own voice as the teenagers' monstrous laughs decayed into screams. Screams of a dying woman. He could hear his name being called by a familiar voice, but he could not reach for it; he was trapped.

Hyperventilating, Pyotr's bugging eyes darted around at the purple clouds encircling him. He began pulling at whatever on his suit he could grab.

"I'm in here! Let me- I'm over here! Get-" Pyotr wailed, banging on the side of his helmet with his palm. Whatever words he attempted to say after that just diluted into incoherent babbles as tears began developing in his eyes.

"Look at how fucking small it is!"

He screamed louder.

The world around him boomed with atomic shockwaves and gunfire. He could smell the coarse iron scent of blood as well as gunpowder in the air.

Pyotr screamed into his radio, managing to yell "UV!" between exclamations of gibberish.

He could no longer yell, his voice reduced to pained squeaks as he began fading into subconscious.

He found himself in a dark, cold room with blood running down his inner thighs, unable to move or look around. Before him a door slid open, revealing a large man with a massive backpack whose face glowed with a blue tint. He raised his weapon and fired a shot directly into Pyotr's head -- he could feel it go through everything, and he would have responded if he had time before the following discharges lead him to awaken flailing around in the purple void, the concept of 'up' no longer having any meaning.

In his chaotic spasms, Pyotr's grip tightens on the rifle fastened to his bag. He brought it in front of himself, instinctively turned off the safety while chambering a round, and aimed it at the center of his own mask.

For those near the center of Arcadia, they would notice a strange, purple flash of light roughly 9 feet off the ground followed by a PIINGGgggg sound that reverberated around the entire school and slightly beyond. After several moments of eerie silence, it was violently interrupted by multiple arcs of electricity and purple dust bursting out of the same area the flash came from.

After several moments of mayhem, it only grew worse. Seeming to pull any sort of energy it could from the environment, the opening rift was hit by multiple strikes of lightning as it was pulled open to roughly resemble the shape of a vertically balanced bus, showing rushing purple clouds beyond the dust that was being blown out.

Before Pyotr could take the shot to end his life, light was already encompassing him as gravity once again had its grips on Pyotr. He was pulled to the concrete and skidded on his knee and elbow pads for a moment before coming to a stop. Catching his breath, He let out an entirely inhuman, muffled scream from behind his mask as he looked up, shouldering his rifle, and firing his weapon blindly into the gathering crowd before him.

Last edited:
Christian turned around as the sound of whispering students was overshadowed by a loud ping and the sudden appearance of a intense, purple flash. His eyes widened in awe; unable to determine whether it was something natural, magical or... threatening. The arcing electricity indicated that it was charging up; the main-street's lights flickered and some exploded; littering the pavement with shards of glass.

The crowds of students that had gathered in front of the 'tear', gasped in awe; their mouths opened wide whilst others whispered about what it could be. Mentions of a portal, or a rift in time, could be heard, untill they saw the purple clouds rushing towards the 'rift'.

"What is that?!" One of the students called out; her blonde hair wavering in the wind that was being rushed forth by the 'rift'.

"The end..." Another whispered; before descending onto his knees.

Christian however, simply looked at it; curious as to what it was as well, but also... not sure what to do about it. The moment the bulky grey human being appeared and skidded over the pavement, he stepped forward; looking at the person curiously; his sight obstructed by the person's rather... ancient hazmat suit.

The inhuman scream caused mass-chaos to ensue, sending shivers up Christian's spine and causing students to rush away from the person whilst others simply froze in fear. Right at the moment Christian wanted to ask what the meaning of this was, the first shot was fired. It landed; puncturing a student's stomach; causing blood to rush forward. Now others began to scream; the sound of continues rifle-fire echoing over the main-street.

Christian realized what was happening; an attack!

He immediately grabbed his personal device, activated it and pushed the button that activated a localized evacuation order. Speakers activated; the processed voice of a young female echoing over the main-street, announcing:

"Evacuation sequence activated."

Along with the evacuation order, a bleeping siren could be heard; causing both first, second and third year students to cover their ears.

Whilst Christian had activated the order, several other students were shot; their blood staining the white pavement. He rushed forward; several other members of the Disciplinary Committee had joined him, jumping in front of the endangered students and casting protective barriers that prevented the bullets from hitting any more students.

Christian however, rushed forward, yelled "GIOS!" and pulled a stone out of the pavement and shot it at the person; he stone describing a arch before hitting him against the shoulder.

"Stand down! Or i'll put you down!" He yelled; his entire physique and behavior showing that he had the physical strength and abilities to do what he threatened to do.

'Don't make me do this...' He thought; before gathering his last remaining mana to back his threats up...

Last edited:
The distinct sound of bullets plunging into exposed flesh rung through the air, reaching Pyotr's ears. He froze in place, no longer firing, but still keeping his rifle aimed at the crowd just as Pyotr's right, non-dominant shoulder was hit. A small plume of brown dust comes off of his suit as he is staggered backwards, his arm being pulled from the rifle. As this happened, a small, black sphere was launched from the portal, slamming directly into Pyotr, knocking him off of his feet, sending him falling to the ground. The grip on his rifle apparently wasn't too tight, as it skid a distance away from Pyotr as he lay frozen in place on the pavement.

Rolling himself off of Pyotr, the sphere covered in various long pointy bits groggily fell a short distance while an audible clang of metal bashing into concrete sounded in the area. Slowly hovering off the ground, UV righted himself vertically in the air, swaying a bit in the process, and opened his single, red, glowing eye slightly, then fully in surprise. What he saw was entirely unlike anything before -- the city was so bright and lively, the sky wasn't a shade of red, and there was no god damn dust anywhere in sight. And... Glowing. Flat, glowing surfaces lined the area in front of him, and just as he noticed them he realized that people were screaming.

Quickly angling himself down to see Pyotr frozen on the ground in what appeared to be another panic attack, he noticed the nearby rifle that was glowing hot in the thermal sensors. Putting two and two together, UV shouted down at Pyotr in Russian.

<:: You fucking idiot! We just got to this damn place and you're fucking it all up for me with your bullshit! ::>

Christian watched the scene unfold silently; surprised when the black sphere appeared. The other Disciplinary Committee members were till guarding the remaining students with their protective, glimmering barriers. He had widened his eyes and raised a brow when the person remained completely frozen.

At the moment the black sphere opened its singular eye and looked around, he stepped forward; ready to unleash his gathered mana. "Who-..." He then heard how the sphere began to speak, or well; shout, in Russian. His eyes closing a little and a frown appearing on his face; he began to chant the incantation for the spell with which he had caused mass mayhem under the first year students in the exam. Rocks flew up and moved around his arm; mainly pebbles, focused around his wrist, ready to release the spell. Christian harbored a great dislike towards the Russians; primarily because his mother's department of intelligence had determined that the death of his father could be traced back to them; however, evidence was lacking and witnesses often went missing or changed their accounts.

"Explain yourself." Christian said; his jaw flexed; his eyes focused between the floating sphere and the passed out person.

Looking from the pathetic man of science on the ground to Christian, UV blinked, his eye returning to its usual half-closed position.

<:: Of course they speak English... ::>

Calling out, now speaking in a much more familiar tongue, the machine speaks in his abrasive, almost garbled voice synthesizer.

<:: Hello, I am UVUB-Dash-One. I, along with my partner... ::> He glances down to the man on the ground who is just beginning to loosen up, <:: Pyotr Abakumov, have saved you from impending doom of interdimensional colonization. ::> Taking a pause, he moves forward slightly in the air. <:: If it were not for us two, this planet would have been invaded by The Gaz, but, fortunately, we have destroyed their teleporter while using it in the process. ::>

The machine, expecting some form or another of cheering looks around the crowd to find silence. Behind UV, Pyotr struggles to take a knee on the ground, still panting heavily. He reaches for the rifle on the ground turns on the safety, and sluggishly looks over the damage it received from the pavement.

<:: Well? We've saved you! We are as good as gods now! ::>

"-As well as Dutch, and several other European languages." Christian said; making a hand gesture before locking his gaze on the floating sphere; his blue eyes intimidating, he continued in Russian; "As well as Russian." He then reverted to English in order to properly reply to the sphere's introduction. "You saved us, you say? You are gods, now?" He scoffed; raising the left corner of his mouth in annoyance before sending out a strong gale by chanting;

"Atmos!"

The gale rushed towards UVUB-1, and made it crash into the pavement; leaving strong dents into the stones. He then stepped closer to UVUB-1 and said; "My name is Christian van Orange-Nassau,-" He then tilted his head towards the person who was called Pyotr, and continued; "-and i suggest you seize any and all hostilities." He then straightened up his stance and walked towards Pyotr, using a directed blast of wind to push the rifle out of his hands. Immediately after he grabbed the man's throat; his suit making it somewhat hard to properly hold him, however Christian's strength and developed physique allowed him to hold him tightly; "You, the one called UVUB-1 and i are going to have a chat, and i suggest you cooperate." He then pulled him forward, his feet scraping over the pavement; showing him the students that had suffered under his act of rage. The students were squirming, groaning and moaning; blood littering the perfectly white pavement whilst other students, along with medical staff, were busy healing the shot students as best as they could.

"Have a look, Pyotr Abakumov. Have a look at the pain you caused." Christian spew out; ferocity drooling out of his voice and pronouncing the name perfectly, before he gestured for one of the Disciplinary Committee members to come to him, which the lady the gesture was meant for, did, after having dropped her protective barrier. She hurried towards Christian and made an elegant curtsy before saying; "Prince Christian, shall i prepare a transport to... to transport the detainees?" She quickly turned to look at the sphere and Christian witnessed how her jaw tensed up and her eyes grew cold. When she turned back and looked at Pyotr, however, he almost fell the urge to step back; for her eyes were piercing the visor that hid the person's face; glaring at him with a lady's furiosity.

Christian instead did no such thing and continued to hold Pyotr by the throat, telling the woman; "Yes, please ask for emergency transport. Oh, and disable the alert after the medical staff successfully evacuated the wounded to the medical facility." He then nodded at her, smiled a little and said; "Their well-being and health is off the utmost priority, right now."

The woman, or well; lady, made another curtsy, followed by her saying; "Certainly." She then ran off to do her given tasks.

Christian then walked towards UVUB-1 whilst still holding Pyotr by the throat, and only let go of him when he reached the odd, black sphere. The man landed on the ground with a loud thud. The sphere however, seemed to have regained its functions.

"I can struck you down, without any trouble, again." Christian said and looked at the two as he waited for the emergency transport to arrive. He was lonely no longer, but this was not the company he had wished for; not even close...

Last edited:

The machine was about to speak before he was violently shot out of the air, causing him to skid along the pavement for a time, his eye opening fully in shock and remaining that way until coming to a stop. The bot remained motionless where it had come to a rest, eye still wide.

Pyotr, having his beloved rifle yanked from his arms yet again, slumped over in overwhelming guilt. Not putting up any sort of fight when being grabbed, Pyotr closed his eyes while limply suspended by one of Christian's hands, entirely too distracted to realize just how unusual this whole situation is.

What is this foul deed that has been committed by hands I do not own? What sadistic nature have I showcased while acting like those I had wished to keep from this planet...?

Coming back to reality to see the several wounds he caused in the children present during his tantrum, he made a weak noise, that of a child on the verge of tears being scolded by his mother. He could not care less about the harsh words of the man holding him, moreso the horrific thing that he had just done.

Upon being dropped next to UV, Pyotr took a deep breath, lying motionless before he experimentally rose to his feet -- towering at least seven feet (2.1 meters) above the ground. Looking at the carnage, he spoke for the first time.

"It wasn't me."

One could assume the words were directed to the nearby man of power, but they didn't appear to be directed to anyone but himself.

"My finger was not the one to pull this trigger."

Christian turned towards Pyotr; his eyes showing that he had trouble understanding the meaning, or hidden meaning, of his words.

"What do you mean, 'it wasn't me'?" He then witnessed how the man wasn't looking at him, but instead gazed into a random direction. At the mention of it not being his finger pulling the trigger, Christian almost exploded; "I saw how you emptied your rifle into the students! No, how you emptied your weapon into mere children!" He yelled the latter, then scoffed and turned around; looking how the emergency transport got closer; a strong, reinforced vehicle.

"Cooperation is recommended. Don't make me lower myself to something i am not, Pyotr Abakumov." He pronounced the name as if it was poisonous. He then stepped forward in anticipation of the emergency transport...

Last edited:
Looking down from his thoughts, Pyotr seemed to notice Christian for the first time. Listening to what he had to say, he stared, with muscles visibly tensing under his suit momentarily. Using what energy he had left, he forced himself to refrain from going ballistic on Christian. Turning to the machine on the ground, he kicks him softly, firmly growling down to him:

"We go peacefully."

His voice was deep and gravelly, almost as if he had a layer of phlegm coating his throat. It sounded not unlike that of a veteran tobacco smoker.

Making long strides past the bot, he bends his knees to swipe the rifle off the ground, looking over the added damage. Unloading the the gun and giving it one more quick lookover, Pyotr returns it to its rightful place on the side of his pack.

<:: Oh, now you want to? ::>

UV called after him, rotating on its side before taking to the air.

<:: I've lost track of the amount of times your anger has fucked us, Pyotr. ::>

The Russian froze at this statement, turned to face UV, and took a step forward before waving it off and starting for the awaiting van. Upon reaching the back of the vehicle, he pulled himself into it with one arm, using the other to push on his back in discomfort.

UV stared at him while he went, before making some strange noise of irritation and followed suit.

<:: Negligent fucking imbecile... ::>

Last edited:
@Aer Shiana @Arthro
---

Christian stepped into the transport as well; sitting down in front of Pyotr and UV. He took of his jacket; revealing his white dresshirt, that was partly open; revealing some of his musculature.

"We're going to the Vice President's office. There you'll be subjected to extensive questioning. I suggest you work on your explanation and defense." Christian said and scratched the back of his head; his left arm flexing under the dress shirt's white fabric.

The transport hummed along as it hurried towards Amatsu's - the Vice President, office. Christian caught himself feeling a little bad for Pyotr and UV; Amatsu being the man he is.

When they arrived at Amatsu's office, Christian was the first to step out of the vehicle and pulled with Pyotr, after which he went back and pulled out UV as well. "You'll wait here. These Disciplinary Committee members will keep their eyes on you." He then looked at two rather rough guys, and nodded to them; meaning he meant what he said. He pointed towards the door and said; "That door leads to the Vice President's office. I will notifiy him of your arrival, so that he will be able to host the both of you. Now, don't get any funny ideas, because both of these two man are capable of killing the both of you." At his words, one of them showed-off some lightning magic; running over his left arm and pooling in the palm of his hand. His blonde hair and bright blue eyes were a distinct feature of his German blood.

Christian then turned around and entered the front of the transport; asking the girl who had called him 'Prince Christian', whilst smiling at her;

"Now that that's over, could you please drive me to my office?" He smiled at her before redoing his dress shirt.

The blonde girl, or well, woman smiled and nodded; "Certainly."

The vehicle then began moving; hurrying towards the Disciplinary Committee's Captain's office. Meanwhile, Christian opened his personal device, activated it and send Amatsu the message announcing the unexpected intruder had arrived and was waiting. He also send a note with, which said;

"He's armed, and dangerous. Also, the sphere is sentient..."

A still silence sat in Amatsu's office. He never got any visitors, likely due to his unpleasant personality towards others, which he didn't mind in the least. The Akishino child was focused, his eyes closed in concentration. His breathing was steady, his mana pulsing through his body as he meditated, attempting to further tap into his Inherited Magic. The secrets of the Arcane continued to elude him, but Amatsu was patient. He was tenacious. His form seemed to shimmer with a red-violet energy the more he pressed into the Arcane. Until...

The sound of his ORB notifying him of an incoming message instantly snapped Amatsu out of his meditation. He had a mind to obliterate the device out of sheer irritation, but decided to check it. His glare narrowed when he read the message and who it was from. "Dumping your responsibilities onto me, Orange Prince? How droll."

In a blue flash, Amatsu Blinked to his desk and took a seat. Crossing his fingers together in front of his chin, he called out to those waiting outside. "Enter." When they came into the room, Amatsu would have a blank, yet bored expression on his face.

The guy with the blonde hair, sharp cheekbones and piercing blue eyes pushed Pyotr forward; his charged fist shocking his back. He opened the door as he stepped inside with both Pyotr and UV.

"Sir, these two just appeared on the Main Street. The man is called Pyotr Abakumov, the... floating sphere's name is UVUB-1." He coughed before continuing: "Pyotr Abakumov stepped out of a rift and immediately opened fire on students of all grades. Several students are in the hospital with life threatening injuries." He then straightened his stance, his clothing and then proceeded: "The Captain asks that you handle this, since he has duties elsewhere, that require his full attention." He then stepped back and remained in the room; standing guard next to the door. The other guard was outside the room; covering the entryway into the Vice President's office.

Silently hunched over in the transport vehicle that was entirely too small, Pyotr's mask and UV's cold red eye stared blankly at Christian as he spoke halfway through the ride. The Russian swayed very slightly with the turns of the vehicle, while The Machine clamped itself to the bench, floating like a metallic balloon.

Vice president? Pyotr thought. Me wounding 6 civilians is that important?

Looking to his left, out the rear windows of the truck, he stayed silent.

I was assuming some sort of detainment cell awaited me, and perhaps a scrapyard for him.

Arriving, Pyotr's visor adjusted its transparency as the sunlight entered the car. Getting up, but being pulled out at the same time, he stumbled somewhat while being pulled by the tiny man responsible for the trip, and ruffled his brow at the sight of electricity flowing freely from the arms of the guards.

<:: I can float myself! ::> UV hissed while being dragged through the air like a child's toy.

Pyotr sighed, eyeing the massive, pristine buildings enclosing him and UV. This is all so strange. I feel as if I had never left the portal, and this is just another strange dream.

His thoughts were interrupted by being shoved in the back from one guard, any electric charge applied going entirely unnoticed due to his thick, unconductive suit. Ducking his head as he enters into Amatsu's office, Pyotr's eyebrows tensed even more than before.

The vice president is a child? ... Everyone is a child. I've just realized that none here appear to be over the age of 25. Is the death rate here that high?

UV being pushed through the air made sounds of irritation with small bolts of electricity flowing through his metallic body and being redirected through the antennas -- before regaining composure and his eye fixating on the supposed vice president. He floated forward.

<:: I will make this defense, due to my partner's incompetence. ::>

An audible, muffled growl.

<:: Pyotr Abakumov has been diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in our home world. He often has fits of rage if this is triggered, and in our universe, this was quite useful to me with the amount of malicious persons attempting to murder us in the wasteland. Upon being triggered, he would shoot them, and all I had to worry about was being out of sight. However, I formally request that he is given some form of therapy to keep this from happening in the future. ::>

The bot paused for a moment while Pyotr's blood was boiling in his suit, making fists out of his massive hands. UV doesn't appear to notice, and continues.

<:: The teleportation to your universe took exactly one hour and forty-five minutes, in which there have been multiple reports that the human mind can go rampant due to sensory deprivation. His own faulty brain triggered itself, this is why I sincerely apologize for what he has done to your students, and we both volunteer to do public service as judgement for his unintentional violence. ::>

Still looking at UV, Pyotr's head shot to the visibly indifferent vice president, both him and the complex robot awaiting his response.

As the robot spoke, Amatsu would keep his gaze locked upon Pytor, looking over his strange attire and equipment. There would be a visible ripple in the air behind him as Amatsu had the notion of simply destroying the two and being done with it. They were, after all, intruders that had attacked students with the intent to kill. However, the more that UV explained, the more Amatsu's curiosity was piqued by the mention of another universe. His expression never changed, keeping a judging glare upon his two guests.

Eventually, everyone in the room would likely be shocked as Amatsu began to laugh. Once he recomposed, the Vice President commented "So, you're telling me that you've crossed the boundaries of time and space itself, to somehow find your way into the middle of our Academy grounds? Either you're truly delusional, or you speak the truth. While the latter is very difficult to believe, I'll admit it has my curiosity." He glanced to the Disciplinary Committee guards, and asks "You said the wounded have life-threatening injuries?" He lets out an arrogant chuckle "If they truly belong here, then I imagine that they will pull through."

Plots and schemes ran through Amatsu's mind as he mulled over this new development. He got up from his seat and walked over to an open book that was laying upon a table. Looking back to Pytor, he would comment, "Normally, I would simply remove such an irritation from existence, but I'll admit, I'm rather fascinated by your.. story." He turned to face the two fully, his usual grin affixed to his face. "The man in the.. space suit.. will get his therapeutic treatment. In return, I wish to question you two further once he's more stable."

The blonde guard opened his mouth, but immediately shut it again, thinking; 'How i'd love to burn that grin off of your face...'

He felt how his rage gathered; these two had mercilessly shot at innocent, young people! Children, even! How was it possible that the Vice President acted like he didn't care?

The guard was happy, no, very happy that he was under the Captain's direct command; and not the Vice President's.

Pyotr's head slowly rotated to view UV as Amatsu spoke, staring at the machine in amazement. Upon mentioning the credibility of his separate universe, Pyotr grunted and projected his voice from behind the gasmask.

"We can prove it."

He reached down, unclipping a bulky, ancient-looking PDA from the side of his ballistic vest. As he activated it, the device beeped softly while the screen on it began to glow with its simple UI. Reaching over and plugging one of UV's countless appendages into the bottom of it, he requests:

"Give me footage, UV. Good footage."

After a moment, Pyotr ripped the plug from his device and made long, heavy strides over to Amatsu, showing him the screen of multiple recordings from UVUB-1's point of view.

Earth, 2001. North-West Russia.

[

A panning view of a barren waste, roughly 40 meters from the ground. The clouds are a deathly black while the sun beats down in a blood red sky, drafts of wind blow the brown dust that covers half the screen below the horizon. In the distance however, with a swift zoom, a towering group of black skyscrapers can be seen piercing from the horizon into the red sky.

The footage cuts to behind Pyotr in a dark, enclosed environment of concrete with slimy walls and a waist-high level of muck concealing the floor. Both UV and Pyotr have their lights on while the man wades through the liquid that UV simply hovers over. Pyotr grunts in slight surprise before splashing his hand down into the thick mire and pulling a writhing, forearm-sized parasite from beneath the surface, and squeezes the life out of it shortly after.

"Tried to bite me."

The video cuts to a very similar looking area with a much lower water level, but shows Pyotr goring massive rats with a previously unseen bayonet fixed beneath the muzzle of his SKS. The light fixed to his shoulder casts a rapidly moving beam of light onto the slightly reflective, slime-covered walls as he defends himself from the horde. One of the cheeky abominations nearly sinks its teeth into Pyotr's oxygen hose, but is quickly disposed of by the same hand that had crushed the worm earlier. After the last rat had been sliced to pieces, Pyotr loosely holds the middle of his gun from his left hand while turning halfway to look back at UV, panting.

The view changes yet again to show Pyotr calmly examining several Russian labelled transparent bags full of different colors of liquid.

"None of these are military."

A pause.

"Oh, this one is." Pyotr says in a lighter tone, picking that specific one up and walking out of the room.

Cutting yet again, it shows a similar landscape to the first shot, with brown dust, red skies, and black clouds. This time, however, much closer to the ground, and showing Pyotr lying on his side, fiddling with the contents of an MRE packet. He looks up to the camera, and lights a match, holding it up for UV to see.

"Y'ever see a match before, UV?"

<:: No, stop wasting oxygen with that fire. ::>

He put it out between two gloved fingers, sighing.

The feed cuts to show a massive crowd of heavily armed men staring at UV as he spoke to them. Some wore gasmasks, others simply had goggles paired with bandannas, a few were even wearing suits similar to Pyotr's -- though in much worse condition.

<:: Today is the long awaited day, gentlemen. I will keep this brief because I see some of you have already applied your adrenaline bags. ::>

A roar of masculine laughs and claps from the audience.

<:: Find a van you'll fit in, and stay there. We're leaving in ten, make sure you've got all your shit, because we're never gonna see this place again. ::>

"Here's to taking that damn city!" Pyotr roared from offscreen, and all two hundred or so men in the crowd cheered while raised their rifles above their heads.

Earth, 2153. South-West Japan.

Upon hearing himself shout the statement and hearing those men and their shouts of morale, Pyotr deactivated his PDA and clipped it back to his vest. He sighed, turning back to UV and returning to his previous place in the room.

<:: That wasn't even half of the video. ::> UV radioed to the inside of Pyotr's helmet.

"I don't want to see the rest." the man whispered back into the mic.

<:: Then you close your eyes, asshole! ::>

UV broke the silence, now speaking audibly.

<:: One last question for you. Where will we be staying? ::>

Last edited:
Amatsu's expression hardened more and more as the recording played back. He stared intensely at the screen, noting the desolate setting. This could simply be No Man's Land, but they mentioned 'wasting oxygen'. Surely the area isn't so destroyed that the air itself is unbreathable. The sight of the mutant creatures further convinced him that this was, in fact, some form of post-apocalyptic world, and his grin widened even more as he realized the potential and prospects of this knowledge. A secret of magic that's been eluding him for years.

Turning back to his open book, Amatsu offhandedly answered UV "In one of the VIP rooms here, within the Council Hall." He glanced back at the robot, a deadly glow in his gaze. "You two will be kept under my watch." He waved to the DC guards "Have the suited one brought to the infirmary. I want a full medical run-down on his physical and mental state. After that, he is to be returned here, and escorted to room 217." Turning to face them fully, it was clear that he expected his orders to be carried out to the letter. "And he is not to be harmed in any way. Fail to follow this parameter, and I will send you to your Captain's office in pieces." He nodded to the door, indicating for them to leave.

Once he was alone in his office, he would respond to Christian's message; I'm requesting an armed guard for room 217 until further notice. Have them report to me ASAP. -Regards, Amatsu Akishino

UV's expression remained unchanged, but an obvious amount of pride emanates from his chassis as the antennas and limbs hanging freely below him perk up. Both him and Pyotr remain still as statues while the human takes an audible deep breath after Amatsu states where they're staying.

"You're incredible, robot." Pyotr mumbles into his microphone.

<:: Thanks for the news, human. ::>

Pyotr lets out a deep, low laugh, weakly smiling for the first time in days whilst breaking his stone-like stature. Turning his head upon hearing the statement of him taking a trip to the infirmary, he ponders the situation for a moment with one hand caressing the rubber area of his mask where his chin would be.

"UV, my suit can collect data on my health, yes?"

<:: It only checks the important stuff. ::>

An irritated pause.

<:: Not enough of what they'll need to know. You're on your own if you don't want that suit being cut open. ::> UV turns to glance at Pyotr with these words, the coarse red glow of his eye showing every shallow crack and scratch inflicted on his mask.

Standing uncomfortably now, Pyotr begins to raise a question before being grabbed semi-roughly on the arm by the guard behind him. Closing his mouth shut and omitting his plans of objection to the checkup. Turning around to move with him as UV follows, the two finally exit Amatsu's office and leave him in peace.

Christian’s Office:

Christian; having opened-up his personal device, looked at the message with a raised brow;

I'm requesting an armed guard for room 217 until further notice. Have them report to me ASAP. -Regards, Amatsu Akishino

Having read the message, he rolled with his eyes and scoffed audibly; suppressing a groan as he said; “Who the hell do you think i am? Your kindergarden-overseer? Argh...” He then called forth a keyboard and sent back;

Request recieved and processed.
Armed guard detail dispatched to your office and a second armed guard has been detail dispatched to guard room 217.

Personal note:
Treat them with respect, Amatsu. They’re Humans; not toys.

Sincerely,
Matthew-Christian van Orange-Nassau
Disciplinairy Division Commander

He then let himself fall back down into his favorite chair; chuckling contently as he sipped a expensive, sweet white wine...

————

The blonde guard nodded; his blue eyes twinkeling furiously. He closed the door behind him and sighed audiby;

“Behave, you two. I’d rather keep my limbs attached to my body, and i assume you do too.”

The other guard joined; making their way over to the infirmary....

Last edited:
Back