Are people here fine with furs

Snoweh

I know it might be nothing special nor important and i dont want to seem like i need some special attention but, are people fine with others fine with well as i said before furries?
I have been hated before just for the fact i am one, so i was wondering if no one would mind if a fuzzy anthro wolf would join an RP

For the most part, if a roleplay will allow anthro animals, it'll be stated or at least implied. If it doesn't make sense in the atmosphere or universe of the roleplay, then they shouldn't be used. (e.g. in a realistic post-apoc roleplay set on Earth, it probably won't make much sense to have anthros in that).

There aren't a lot of furs on the site, but the ones that are haven't received much of anything in the way of hate. There are two I know of that have made threads.

@DoveDragon @Macrofurry_Writer are the two furs I've seen. There might be more that simply haven't made a thread that I've seen.

But I haven't seen anyone try to shoo them off. I don't think anyone minds, honestly. As long as its alright for the roleplay, as TheZanta said, as long as the RP implies its within the realm of possibility, I don't think anyone cares.

Edit: @Nebulon Ranger @OddlyEverAfter

That's the entire fur community on this site, I think. A few quick searches for the terms furry and anthro. But you can probably drum up some other people, who aren't explicitly furs. Good luck at any rate. Hope this helped

Last edited:
I guess so. If it can fit into the narrative.

As far as writing is concerned (RPs, Creative forums, etc) it's totally valid. People could and should judge it based on it's merits just like any other creative work.

As far as an Out of Character facet, that is to say you, or any other user identifying as a furry (or anything else really) that's a completely personal thing and not something we discriminate against.

How anyone else feels about it would be their business, but no one would be allowed to berate or harass another user based on something like this. That would be in violation of our rules, which require that all users maintain some level of common civility towards one another, regardless of who or what they are.

The rules are written to welcome all, bind all, and maintain an environment where all can partake in the activities the site was made for all to enjoy.

Admittedly, I was curious about this topic as well. I guess I count among the furry group, with my constant exclusivity in using my Griffin (although he's more of a Griffintaur now, however the hell that happened). There's definitely no notable discrimination as stated above, but I have found it a bit difficult finding a thread befitting for a furry character. I'm sure they're out there, though. It's certainly not impossible.

Well its not like a post-apocalyptic setting is human onliny if you know what i mean but i guess not everyone wants one anyway

Well its not like a post-apocalyptic setting is human onliny if you know what i mean but i guess not everyone wants one anyway
Not necessarily, but if it's in the realm of realism, anthropomorphized animals do not exist, unless you can justify it through some freak mutation.

I came in here thinking this was going to be about the fur trade industry. XD

As for the furry question? I'm fine with a furry player being in an RP I'm in. My only issue pops up in one of two situations.
1) They try to make their character a furry when it doesn't work at all for the setting. Like, if it does work and you can give a good reason for it working, then we're cool. But if it's coming across as a self insert ignoring the world they're in that character ain't getting approved.
2) It's pretty much all their vocal about. Like, if you're a furry but still have other interests we're cool. But if you're only interest and talking point is being a furry? Well, I'll still let you stay in the RP if you aren't violating #1, but we probably won't have much to talk about in the OOC.

If you're talking about in general, I'm sure everyone would be fine with it, it's only fair to be open-minded in a site such as this after all, where it's literally all revolving around the fact that we are playing fictional characters to feel like living out a story, or however you want to feel.
TL:DR
Sure, why not

I don't mind furries. There just like Any other fandom. They have there own views of it some good some bad. Just depends on the persons interest.

I used to write Star Wars fan fic with Shistavanen characters. They are an alien that resembles wolves, so I don't mind them at all. I consider erotica going too far, but just general adventure stories, etc, featuring them, I've no problem. I don't have a problem with romantic storylines, either, as long as they are PG-13 rated. We have stories like Redwall and Wind in the Willows, so I don't see why people should automatically be squeamish about them.

I am a furry, so of course I don't mind! But yes, as pretty much everyone else has said, it shouldn't matter if you are or aren't. I know I'm in it because it gives me more variety when it comes to characters I play, and ultimately find them more attractive than my fellow human beings (yes, I am well aware that they will probably never exist, but with how most people draw them, it's hard not to see the appeal), and it just makes me feel comfortable!

@Snoweh

I'm a furry and have never had any problems with hate here. In Ages Eternal I even have a race called Dru'Dar that are essentially furries.
so yhea, I don't think you will have any problems ; )

Because there's no such thing as too much support: if there's a way you can play an anthromorphic animal in one of my games without breaking out of setting, I care WAY more about who you are as a person than the color of your fur.

Inspired by this post, I'm adding a "furry-friendly" tag onto any Interest Check I make where a character could be anthro without difficulty. If we can get it to catch on then you could just do an easy search to find good threads to jump into when you don't feel like going non-furred!

The kind of stick-to-realism RPs I like to play, have no place for furrys or other anthro creatures that dont make sense. Exeptions might be if there is in fact a furry sentient species in the RP universe (like wookies in SW, for instanse). Then its ok. But thats the only exeption.

Back