Are your Oc's your Gender?

Most ocs I create tend to be female. I do also write male ocs but I don't have very many of them. It was thanks to dnd that I decided to jump out of my comfort zone and practice playing male characters.

Most of my OCs have been female, with only a couple actually being male, or GNC.

All my OCs are male. I've never been a female, I don't know what it's like to be a female. I feel like if I wrote as one, it would be a poor representation.

I think play both. I tend to just assume people are inherently the same with just their upbringing and personality influencing how they behave.

Most of my ocs are nonbinary or female, but I'm male. I used to id as female though so I think that's why

A majority of my characters are male. Although I have begun creating female OCs put of boredom, I haven't played as any of them yet.

I honestly thought I was the only one that stuck to their gender. I guess because I am female I feel a lot more comfortable playing my gender. I don't really see myself playing other genders. That's just my preference and what I am comfortable with

All my Characters are my gender, Female, I've always been too afraid that I would wrongly portray a another (well I have done a non-binary) and I'm wondering what other people think about it. Have you ever been afraid to be a different gender? do you dabble in all? Or do you prefer to only do the opposite/no gender at all? I'm excited to see what others think, share your thoughts!

No, mine is a fleshy abomination capable of taking a human form of which it can change to whatever it wants in terms of sex. However it's preferred form is male and human so idk if that counts.

I am female. When I first started to roleplay I would just write female characters but after a while, I wanted to branch out. Every one of my female characters I would make different, unique in a way I could tell what made them stand out. Still, it felt boring to me. I wanted to try something different so I wrote for male characters, doing much of the same to make them stand out.

I like to say I have a handle on it. Of course, I can never get it 100 percent. There will always be that bit of a difference, but I continuously work at it. I even ask my SO his opinion too! All in all I don't mind writing for female or male characters.

I usually stick with my gender, seeing as it's much more interesting to me. I can easily play a female character, seeing as I'm trans, but it doesn't have any appeal

I have the exact opposite problem: I am comfortable playing female characters (the opposite of my gender) yet have a hard time getting invested in male characters. As a result almost all (if not all) my OCs are female. It’s gotten to the point that if I ever make a list of my OCs, I would forgo gender/sex entirely because the chances that my OCs will be anything other than female is three to gazillion. Three because I do miraculously have three male OCs. A vampire assassin, a blocker Bounty Hunter modeled after Boba Fett, and a demon-god.

I do not know why there’s such a ratio. But alas there is.

Last edited:
Yes and No. I am comfortable with playing both genders in me OCs. Reed Boiyo is a prime example of my style with both. Aside from the fact that his main gender is a dude, he has an ability which allows him to split his body and personality into two. One of them's a hyperactive energetic girl while the other's a stoic, focused boy.

From a young age I've learned to write both genders. I liked to write stories when I was a child, and well, it feels weird to write a story where everyone is male. Perhaps as a child, 80% of my characters were male and 20% were female, but as a grew up and began to take storywriting more seriously, my characters started to trend towards a 50-50 distribution between both genders, specially during my teenage years where I started incorporating romance elements into some of my stories.

I've never had too much of a problem playing either gender, and while during roleplaying I do tend to prefer males as main characters, though I will still play female leads when required. When doubling, tripling or more though, I have no problem having a few females as part of my main cast. As side characters I play both genders equally. I think it mostly boils down to the fact that I prefer playing a male if I only have one character to play as, but I feel free to play both genders if I have multiple characters I can use.

I used to only play female characters and only females, but lately I have girls, guys, enbys, all of the spectrum in my OC library. The more I wrote the more confident I got in displaying the character right, gender be damned

my characters are usually guys, even when i wanna rp a girl.... feminine guys are adorable hehe look at Eita (ignore this)
im actually not that good at roleplaying actual girls in my opinion, even though i am a girl, but i dont really act like one irl. just how i am i guess?? or who knows maybe i do act like a girl and i just dont notice it but i do have one non-binary

All my Oc's are my gender, I just wouldn't know what to do with a male oc. And if I do end up doing a oc x oc Rp, people complain they're too respectful, so I don't bother with male Oc's anymore.

Back