Baqar gave a thoughtful hum to the questions from Jaso. It was the finger on his chin and the downward stare that spoke this in expression. Expressed he did with a simple word. “Treasure hunting!” He said quickly looking up at Jaso with a smile before Ella’s shop was opened for them to enter. Once he entered he took a look at his surroundings.

He heard the small talk Ella was making whilst exploring beneath the many tables. “It’s like a clean bar.” He spoke. But mostly to himself. He turned to look at Ella and his face drooped a bit. Eyes narrowing before rising with a smile. “It would be nice to have a brother or sister. Or mom or dad…” He spoke the last part softly before sighing.

He then looked as if he was woken up from a sleep and pulled out a piece of paper from within his cloak. He briefly read it and placed it back. “Ok.. Show me the Taxis headquarters! Please!” He said with a chuckle. “Being able to heal must be neat! No more scraped knees.” He walked over to Ella and raised his delicate hand up to hold hers before they walked with a smile on his eager face.
--
“Well then follow me then good sir. The names Ziton if you didn’t catch it already.” Ziton pulled from his inner jacket pocket a cylinder object and placed it to his lips. “You wouldn’t happen to have any fi-… never mind.” He stepped down from the elevated perch and fluidly did so with his hands lowered to being halfway within his pockets. He began to walk over, in his own laid back manner, down the busy the path. It was not long until he and Hathcyn reached the alley that looked to the front of the temple on the second floor. This temple acted as the Taxis HQ. Priests and healers alike came in and out and were doing so in numbers.

Those who worshiped the sun and the soul were the many priests. They held knowledge and wisdom and kept the Taxis organized. The healers and other members of the Taxis could be seen around as well. The Vrondi guards stood watch by the HQ as well. Ziton looked from the shade of the alley between two shops and did so casually to not arise suspicion. He waved Hathcyn to his position. “Alright just sit here and watch is the first step…”

Ziton stood and observed as Baqar, Ella and Jaso strolled towards the HQ. Once they were inside Ziton looked to Hathcyn with a smirk on his face and eyes with glee. “Ok next step. Distract those guards for me.”
--

Taxis HQ / Sunfire Temple
Upon entering Baqar’s eyes widened at the beauty. “Wow!” He shouted out. His voice echoing and calling the attention of the others within, most conducting conversations that were handled with importance and others providing healing services on the poor and desperate. Their attention was only briefly taken however as they then continued their work.
“Ella and Jaso! Welcome back. Are you already looking for more work?” The voice of a charismatic woman graced the ears of the two from the far right corner. This woman was a member of the Taxis in charge of many of the deployments. She was known for being a seasoned warrior for the Taxis. As she came over she noticed Baqar and gave a soft smile. “Well aren’t you cute. My names Tikal.” Baqar replied with his name and a hello in kind and Tikal looked at Jaso and Ella. “Explain.” She said with a brief glance to Baqar to assure them of what she meant.

The moment she stepped foot into the Taxis HQ with Baqar and Jaso in tow, Ella felt a sense of serenity and peace wash over her. The bright colors around her and the room filled with plants comforted her. She loved being in here as much as she could, but she also had a shop to run and being in the HQ all day wouldn't be good for her business. Upon hearing Tikal call out to them Ella turned towards her voice. She saw the muscular woman approach them and she smiled in greeting.

"Tikal! It's good to see you again. We actually aren't looking for work today." She paused and placed a hand on Baqar's small frame in gesture to him. "This is Baqar. I offered to show him around Sunfire, he's here as an apprentice with another man. Apparently Baqar looks up to us, so I wanted to show him the Taxis HQ quickly, along with my shop. Maybe we could get him to see some healing later on." She smiled down at Baqar before looking back at Tikal and Jaso. Pulling away from Baqar quickly, Ella leaned over to Tikal and whispered in her ear, careful not to accidentally collide horns. "But you know Jaso, he's fiercely over-protective. Very wary of this young man and his, adopted father, I guess you could say, right off the bat. It's okay though, I can understand why he was wary too." She pulled away and laughed, it was a soft melodic sound, unlike the bellowing laughs of many others. She glanced over and up to Jaso, smiling at him as she nudged his side with her elbow. "Right Jaso?"

Much like the rest of Sunfire, Jaso felt extremely out of place in the Taxis headquarters. His bulk and strength seemed to clash with the tranquil serenity that surrounded him. What truly made him feel comfortable after all these years were the people. Ella and all of the other friends he's made in his time as a Taxis member have really helped him feel like he truly has a place in this country, and a cause worth believing in.

Speaking of friends, Jaso's smile grew as Tikal approached. He gave a salute to his comrade and favorite sparring partner, a sign of respect amongst soldiers. Though his smile quickly turned into an embarrassed frown as Ella began to whisper to Tikal, he could only assume she was talking about him given her glances. He couldn't help that he was protective by nature, it's his job and everyone in the Taxis is part of his family as far as he was concerned. Ella especially had grown very fond in his heart, that creep Ziton didn't deserve to have his hands anywhere near her. It certainly didn't help that Baqar's claim of them being treasure hunters sent off alarm bells in his head. He had a sinking feeling that Ziton was a thief, using the fun illusion of treasure hunting to manipulate this poor boy.

As Ella elbowed his side, he found it hard to make eye contact, choosing to look at Tikal instead. "That's right. The boy's harmless enough, we figured there wouldn't be any trouble. Ella, can you show the little scamp around? I want to have a quick word with Tikal."

"Distract the guards." Hathcyn looked over at Ziton, with a 'really, you want me to do that' kind of look. "Fine, consider it done." Hathcyn sighed as he slipped ever so closer to the temple. Watching, he noticed as the others from before entered the temple. Smiling, he picked up a small stone from the alleyway. Picking a target, Hathcyn doubled back to a different alley way, picking up several more stones as he did so.

Reaching the end of an alleyway that was few blocks down, Hathcyn picked out his target again. With one swift and fluid movement, the man let one of his stones fly. With a loud crack, the stone flew right past the right ear of his target and stuck the building behind him. Hidden in the shadows as he was, the guards had a difficult time picking him out. However, after a few more stones struck the guards in several places, they caught on.

With a smile, Hathcyn ran down the alleyway. While the guards were a little ways away, he scaled the side of one of the buildings and rested on the roof.

"Damnit, Ziton, I better get paid for this..." He grumbled.

Tikal made sure to not rise suspicion. After all the time she spent training and sizing up people who entered and left these doors she could tell when one of them was deeply concerned. The child is away from his father? She uttered under a hushed breathe. Their assurance of this met her with an idea. This idea made her pause and look at the child with a slight unease. But she allowed Ella and Baqar to walk away with nothing but a brief smile and a wave. She then turned to Jaso, her eyes facing him before her slow rotating body. She locked eyes with him with a gentle determination in them as she spoke seriously, as he would know from this old expression of hers. “Indeed..” She pulled from satchel, which was sitting on her lower back, a rolled up paper. She unraveled it to reveal a map of Vrondi.She held It out and showed the outside area of the capital and Sunfire. “Where was the trouble?” She said ready to mark it on the map.

Baqar smiled as he walked along the smooth surface of the temple’s floor. He looked around with bright eyes at the sparkling bright water in the center and healthy leaves that climbed up each supporting pillar. The sound of chanting could be heard faintly in the distance as healers hovered hands and spoke meditative words to their patients. It was the sound of the patient’s groans that made the boy shiver and nearly hug Ella’s arm. “Not my soul…!” He said to himself loud enough to be heard. The other healers attempted to wave Baqar and Ella away from this area.

Baqar attempted to dart the other way and made his way to the center of the room. There sat a statue of the founder of the Taxis whom many knew to be Auxilon. A male Descended Sol with a shield in his left hand, a staff in his right and a look of perseverance on his face. Underneath the statue’s feet stated Protector of the weak. Baqar looked up in awe.

--
Ziton merely watched with a casual stroll back and forth and a whistle as if waiting for someone or something… Then when the rocks hurled at the guards and they no doubt took the bait, a dozen others looked on with confusion also. Ziton was already close to the building by the time the guards entered the alley and he walked casually over to the a closed and locked door by the main entrance. He pulled out an cylinder item and whispered something that made red runes on its surface glow. It fired without a sound but a orchid mist escaped its barrel and went into the air. The door was kicked open and Ziton disappeared into its depths.

Hathcyn watched from a roof that was strikingly different than the one he had climbed onto to escape the guards. He witnessed as Ziton made his way into the temple, a purple mist surrounded the man, and then he just disappeared. Hathcyn, sadly, was too far away from the temple to get in before the guards showed up. As such, he decided to watch out for Ziton and Baqar. The scarred draconic was determined to get his money for this.

Suddenly, Hathcyn reflected on his earlier conversation with the Taxis woman. "Hehe...I guess you really wouldn't heal me know. Looks like I won that bet," Hathcyn smiled as he sat down, his hawk-like eyes watching for any sign of movement or commotion that would eventually come out of the temple.

Jaso and Tikal shared a look of understanding as they waited for Ella and the boy to continue their tour of the place. As Tikal pulled out the map, he was relieved to see she understood his concerns. He pointed to Sunfire, the marketplace area where he'd first met Baqar. "We found the boy sitting on the edge of the fountain in the marketplace. Ella thought he'd been injured so we went to talk to him. A heavily scarred man who seemed to be part dragon had appeared as well."

His face turned into a glower as he reached Ziton's description. "Then, the boy's 'adopted father' as Ella put it, appeared. A darker skinned man named Ziton. He seemed very suspicious from the minute I saw him, and based on questions I asked Baqar, it seemed I was right. Baqar is his protegee, when I asked what he was being taught, the boy replied with treasure hunting. I think that this Ziton is a thief who is manipulating the poor boy into helping him commit his crimes, so we should keep the base on alert, just in case the man tries something."

Ella laughed at the enthusiastic Baqar as she showed him the Headquarters and smiled at him. He was a tiny thing filled with curiosity, and though he was adorable, Ella was still cautious of him and Ziton. Something seemed off and she still couldn't put her finger on it. For now she was cautious around him, careful not to say or reveal too much valuable information. When they came upon people mid-heal, Ella paused to quickly apologize for Baqar. He was an energetic thing and she was getting quite the exercise following him around the large area.

When they came upon the statue of Auxilon, Ella looked over to Baqar, who was staring at the statue in awe. She approached him and placed her gentle hands on his small shoulders. She leaned down behind him and looked up at the statue along with him. "It's beautiful isn't it? It is the statue of our founder, whom many know to be called most commonly as Auxilon. Stories say that he was a fierce protector who believed in justice and protection for those who could not save themselves. I heard he was a magnificent man, revered and respected by many. Of course, King Vrondi is the same way. He's very loyal to his subjects and his cause, and it's very honorable. Maybe one day you could even develop a strong affinity for the Taxis and join us. That is, if you want. But make sure you're absolutely sure before joining any faction. It has to be the right choice for you."

Ella walked around to the front of Baqar and kneeled down to his height, only to place a light touch on top of his head, to ruffle his hair. Standing up to her full height she looked over to Jaso and Tikal, she assumed their conversation was coming to a close so Ella held out her hand to Baqar. "Come, lets see if Jaso is almost done with Tikal."

As Jaso went on detailing the events that befell him within the short time traveling through Sunfires streets Tikal simply began to nod with a bewildered expression. She blinked as he brought up different concerning characters. The tattered man, and Ziton the ‘adopted father’. Tikal could be seen going into thought as she held her chin with her gauntlet right hand and stroked it in thought. She was clearly used to wearing armor, so much so she acted naturally despite being covered almost entirely in protective wear. “Quite a few suspicious fellows in my little Sunfire. I trust your judgement Jaso.” She placed a stiff hand on his shoulder, the slight clang of metals meeting ringing in their ears for a brief tingle.

“But we can’t be afraid of a single supposed thief. If he would try anything it would be the shops and likely he will try something at night. I can voice your thoughts to the guards of Vrondi to increase eyes at night around the shops. But what would drive a man to try and steal from the Taxis?” She asked the last sentence with a bit of humor in her voice. “But if the boy is a protégé of a thief.. That’s not good, maybe we could see what exact relationship this boy has to that man. Then we can maybe get this boy into a proper orphanage... Did you tell Ella all this?” Tikal placed her hands on her hips as she spoke and turned to look at Baqar and Ella making their way to the statue in the center.

“Hmmm…” Baqar said as he looked up at the statue. His eyes blinked as he took in Ellas words and the statues details which reflected off of his emerald green eyes. Ella came down before him and blocked his view, though he did stare for some time. The sight of Ella coming down to Baqars height caught the boy by surprise. No longer did he have to look up to her. His eyes widened a bit and his cheeks grew a bit red from what he could see from her bringing her chest closer to his face. But his hair being rustled ruined his view and soon she was standing again. He held her hand as they walked back to Tikal and Jaso, his small legs rapidly shifting as he walked in pace of Ella’s long steps.

Tikal looked at Jaso when they approached and then to Ella. “Ella.” Tikal spoke with a good pause between. “I think he would love to see the second floor.” Tikal glanced to Ella and winked briefly. “Not many go up there but I’m sure it will be fun.” Baqar looked up with a smile. “Oooo..” He said growing more curious.

----------------

“Can’t hide it from me.. Can’t you cant you cant…!” Silent whispers from a loud voice met the walls of the inner storage rooms of the Taxis headquarters. Dust filled the air as barrels were tossed open and rolled out of the way. “Damnit! I know it’s in here somewhere…” His curled hairs were wiped out of his sweat beaded face. He peered through a door’s lock hole and watched the inside of the temple. There his eyes beheld Baqar with Ella and a few others. His mischievous smile grew back from the brink of a frustrated expression. “C’mon Baqar.. Get to where I can’t..”

Outside of the temple guards searched around for the tattered cloaked man. Soon however people began to continue their way ignoring the questions of the guards who grew more anxious as time went on. Soon The guards however returned to their post and those entering and leaving the temple merely waved away the remains of the orchid mist that was evaporating into the air.
----------------

Entering the staircase misleadingly made one’s eyes adjust to darkness. Their feet pressed down on soft moss like layering on the stairs. But once the doors at the top were opened the sunlight broke through and welcomed those who entered. The space was smaller than the inner temple but still fairly large. The light from the mirrored sky was bright and illuminated the white polished surfaces of this area a sparkling white glow.
“Welcome to the top floor. Sacred to many. But I can’t go a day without coming here for a visit. Many say just coming here can cleanse the soul, mind, and heart.” She found her lips cracking a smile as she walked in to the outer ledge to look down at the people below. There she watched the guards out front who were at their posts as they should be, but they did appear a bit flustered. . “Hmm…” She looked across and saw a shadowy figure atop a building across the temple. "...."

Last edited:
Jaso suppressed a chuckle at Tikal's bewildered expression. He had to admit, the events he and Ella ran into were pretty strange when summed up the way he described them, though he was glad to see her taking his warnings seriously. He nodded in affirmation as her gauntleted hand came down onto his shoulder plate. "Understood, I was merely reporting what we had experienced, and while normally I'd agree with your assessment, I have a gut feeling that this 'Ziton' is no ordinary thief."

He winced as his friend mentioned Ella, looking back to her and Baqar as they stood before the statue. "I haven't had a moment alone with her to express my concerns. I'll be sure to tell her as soon as we can pry her away from the boy." He said, an amused smile on his face. Dear Ella loved children, she couldn't stop herself from helping them, the instincts of a big sister he supposed. It was a quality he admired about her, but he also knew it could lead her to trouble, and wished to be her shield should that trouble ever arrive.

He gave Ella a reassuring smile as she and Baqar returned, letting her know that everything was fine, then found himself being brought to the second floor along with the others. Thanks to his Nayu blood, climbing the steps was a breeze, his hand instinctively shot out to hold onto Ella's so that he could help guide her up, assuming she'd do the same for Baqar. When they reached the top, Jaso beckoned Ella over, gesturing to let Baqar run around for a little bit. He needed her to know about his concerns.

It didn't take long for Jaso to call her over to him. She figured he would when he had finished his talk with Tikal. When they were climbing up to the second floor, Ella couldn't help but brush a little when he grabbed onto her hand. He really was the sweetest to her and Ella was always very aware when he was around. She turned to him and looked back over her shoulder towards Baqar. She smiled and waved at the young boy quickly. "Baqar just go ahead and look around for a bit. Ask Tikal any questions you may have. I need to speak to Jaso briefly."

Turning back towards Jaso, Ella walked over to him and stood by his side. She smiled innocently up at him, a bright expression on her face. Even though she figured this would be a serious conversation, Ella wanted to stay positive and optimistic. Reaching a delicate and dainty hand out, she placed it on his arm. "What did you need Jaso?"

Jaso couldn't help but return Ella's smile. His heart melted a little every time she showed it to him. Gently taking the hand into his own and covering it with his other hand, he looked at her with a guilty expression. "I've been meaning to tell you this for a bit, but haven't had a chance while showing Baqar around. I'm worried that Ziton might be using the boy for something more devious." He sighed a little as he said the words, knowing Ella's fondness for the boy and not wishing to cause her pain.

"I asked Baqar what his relationship to Ziton really is. He said that he was Ziton's protégée, and when I asked him what the guy was teaching, Baqar's response was 'treasure hunting'. How many treasure hunters do you see enter Sunfire? I'm worried that the poor boy is being tricked into becoming a thief. If that's the case then we need to keep him separate from Ziton at all costs, he's too sweet to become a criminal." He said, squeezing her hand supportively.

Hathcyn sat a little ways away from the temple. He could easily see into the second floor balcony as well. And that was when it happened. He had closed his eyes for a second, and when he opened them a woman, no more than an acolyte of the temple had seen him. Cursing his luck, Hathcyn slipped from the roof he was on and made his way around to the other side of the building. The only problem was that he had absolutely no idea how long he would have to wait before Ziton showed his face again.

In order to pass the time, Hathcyn began to read a book on Dragon Blood. He may or may not have pilfered it from a library in his travels...

The sudden movement of the figure atop the building within Tikals sight made her eyes lids squint. She blinked and he was gone. She cocked her head back in disturbance. Processing what she just saw with glances to her left and right, observing the guards in the surrounding area. Their confused looks matched hers but they seemed more assured. Before she could think further she was tapped on the ankle by Baqar. He looked up at her with wide eyes and a smile. “What’s that there?”

He pointed to the center of the space they stood. Within the center was a white blade. It was shaped almost like a dagger with a short hilt. But it was indeed large and would require a giants hand to wield. The center however held a glowing red stone in the hilt. The sunlight reflected an orchid and orange hue that broke into a dazzling radiance. Tikal looked to his pointed direction with a glance and looked down at Baqar with a soft smile and met his gaze with her own warm motherly vibrancy. “That is the sword of Vrondi. He wielded it a long time ago. It was passed down to him from his people. The original descended of this land who fought the dragons. It lays as a symbol. With it we will never forget our origins.” Baqar looked at the sword with a admiring smile. “It’s very shiny.” He said which made Tikal chuckle a bit.

“Well it is polished daily.” She looked over to Jaso and Ella speaking to the side. “Feel free to look closer. But do not touch.” Tikal said with a wagging finger and approached Jaso and Ella. When she did she crossed her arms. “Darn kid is so cute…” She shook her head seeming almost disappointed. “I don’t mean to interrupt you two. But we may have a situation.” She looked back briefly to see Baqar simply staring at the sword from afar. “I saw someone looking at this place from a roof. Then he scurried off when I spotted him… On top of that the guards seem to be looking for someone. Lets go talk to the guards shall we?” She gave a bit of a serious tone to her last sentence.

A few citizens noticed the man Hathcyn drop down from above and begin to casually read. Most thought nothing of it and continued on with their daily lives. A few guards began to walk into the crowd of people. They did not seem to be searching but patrolling all the same. Sunfire was as most places under rule of a King or Queen are heavily guarded law enforced places.

When Tikal made her way over to Ella and Jaso, the Sol looked at her friend. As she explained that the guards were possibly looking for somebody, Ella's face developed a frown. "If the guards are looking for somebody then that means somebody had to have broken in. I don't like this one bit. What do we do if somebody is here to steal something precious? Oh no no no." Ella turned to her guardian with wide doe eyes. She held tight onto his arm with her small hands. There was an audible worry in her tone of voice, but that was who Ella was by nature. She was always worried about people, because she hated the violence that came along everywhere in the world. But, that's another reason why she works in the Taxis, because she wants to help stop that violence.

"I know what you're going to tell me Jaso. That I should hide somewhere and stay safe if somebody broke into the temple. But if somebody gets injured you know I can't just run and stay hidden. I need to be there if somebody really did break in. Just in case there are injuries to our people." She turned back to Tikal with a determined look in her eyes now. "Let's definitely talk to the guards. But what should be do with Bakar? Should we have him hide or stick close to us for now?"

Jaso couldn't help but sigh when Tikal interrupted them, more trouble, of course it was more trouble. Right when he and Ella had finally gotten a moment alone to talk. He looked back to his best friend who's small hands were gripping his arm, whose beautiful eyes stared into his with worry. He placed another gentle hand on her shoulder and squeezed it in comfort. "You know me well, Ella. But if you insist on going to help, then I'll be your shield. I'll keep you safe, and bring the intruder to justice."

At the mention of Baqar, he looked over to the child, still seeming lost in his own world. He was worried that him and the intruder might be related but didn't wish to cast suspicion on the poor kid immediately. "I think we bring him with us. Keep him close to you, Ella. That way I can protect you both." He said. Looking over to Tikal, his eyes sought a minor bit of approval. "Tikal, your thoughts?"

The armored sleeve of Tikal waved left and right. “No I don't think there's anyone going to steal from us. Unless they want some healing supplies and old weapons.” She chuckled at the mention. “It was only some guy possibly running the guards in circles. It happens. But to make sure let's talk to them.” Her eyes flicked to Jaso. “We should head down and see. We can leave Ella with Baqar here. If we do end up chasing his guardian.” Her eyes now narrowed on Baqar who was admiring the ornamental center sword. “It may be better to not have the cutie around.” She finished. She began walking to the staircase that led down to the temple. “Come. Jaso. We work.” Classic words from one Taxis warrior to another. In sharp contrast to the healers they sought out enemies and eliminated them, the Taxis back bone.

Only a few minutes later Tikal would walk with Jaso only a few feet from the entrance. There she yelled down to the guards from the wide white stone staircase. “Hey! What's going on?” The guards standing point turned to Tikal, one lifted his helmet to see better. “Somebody has been throwing rocks. Just a vandal, but he did appear dangerous. Here's a description.” One guard closed his eyes as he began a sort of meditation. The images of the tattered clothes man who appeared to be dragon blooded escaping them invaded the minds of Jaso and Tikal.
----
Ziton sat on a box within a dark room. His hair falling over his face like a curled mop. “Good job Baqar. Staying useful, love that kid.” Ziton began to meditate. His eyes closed and his breathing calming. “The Blood of a Seraph. The ones who walk dimensions.” Ziton's weapon glowed with symbols glowing red on its surface. He lifted his weapon and fired it. It made a loud noise that could be heard as a bang from within the Temples storage room.
----

Tikal turned to Jaso with a sudden glare. “Trouble.” She said lowering her stance a bit. She began to dart inside the Temple.
Upon the roof of the temple was Baqar and Ella. Baqar continued his observance of the sword, slowly getting closer but refraining from touching. But suddenly he jerked back and froze as if paralyzed. His body rattled a bit and his eyes began to turn white and emit a red light. His mouth fell open and light beamed from his jaws as well. Before him the fabric of what could be seen as “reality” began to crack. A white split formed that was about Baqar height midair. It began to widen a bit as a arm emerged from this split in the air. This arm reached out and grabbed the jewel sitting on the ornamental sword.

“Good job Baqar….”

As Tikal laid out her plan, Jaso had to admit that it was much more sound than his overly paranoid precautions. He nodded in acknowledgement as the warrior's phrase was uttered. "We work." He said before turning back and looking into Ella's eyes with a hint of regret at having to leave her behind. "Be careful." He pleaded silently to her before following his senior out to the guards.

When they reached the entrance, Jaso thought all was well, just some vandal throwing rocks, troublemakers existed all throughout the world. Then the guard showed him an image of that same individual he'd met at the marketplace earlier and his eyes narrowed. "That's the dragonborn I told you about, Tikal. Something tells me this isn't just coincidence." He knew that Ziton was trouble the first time he laid eyes on the man, it seems now that his assumption was right on the money.

The bang coming from inside caught him by surprise, he certainly hadn't expected such an outcome to happen after all of this. He darted inside with Tikal. "It came from the lower floor, storage room if I had to guess." He said, taking the lead as they approached the storage room doors, his shoulder primed in front of him like a battering ram. He didn't have time to check if the door was unlocked and burst through it with the might that came with Oro blood.

His darkvision helped him pick out the thief he'd been so suspicious of earlier, and the large man unsheathed his claymore in greeting. "Well, well. If it isn't Ziton. You lost, friend? Last I checked, the public area of this temple was back that way." He said, pointing behind him with his left thumb, his face a sneer. "I had a feeling you'd be trouble."

When Jaso told her to be careful Ella nodded her head with a firm look. "I'll be careful I promise. I'll stay here with Baqar for now. If somebody ends up injured though you know I'll be rushing down to help." When he and Tikal began to descend the stairs back down to the lower level, Ella called out once more to Jaso. "Be safe!"

As their backs disappeared from her view, Ella turned back to Baqar. She smiled at him sweetly. "We should be fine up here if anything happens. I don't have much attack magic but I'll do my best to protect you."

In the time being, Ella sat against one of the walls humming to herself. It was an older folk song that her mother used to sing to her and her little brothers before bed. It brought back pleasant memories for her, ones she would always cherish. While Ella sat humming, she played with the beads and decorations draped along her horns. However, she was shook out of her sense of peace and quiet when she saw Baqar her and then stop, as if he was paralyzed. She slowly got up and walked closer to him carefully.

"Baqar are you okay?" She paused a few feet behind him and reached out a hand to shake him. Yet she dropped it in shock and surprise a moment later when a white split appeared in the air. An arm reached through and grabbed the jewel off of the sword before retracting back through the split it came from. Eyes wide with surprise, she didn't wait to see what else would happen before rushing down the stairs she originally came up. She hiked up what little clothing she did have on so as not to trip in her descent. When she arrived at the bottom she heard a bang and figured it was Jaso opening a door. However all she could shout out between her panted breaths to the Taxis HQ was, "The jewel from the sword. It was stolen!"

It was only a few hours past noon and the sun was still high and warm. It was just another normal day in sunfire. The hustle and bustle was a beautiful sight due to all the different colors that the citizens wore. The threat of danger was not anywhere within the minds of the sunfire citizens. All was well and at peace. Not even the sunfire guards seem to be concerned with anything other than communicating and occasionally taking their breaks. The headquarters of the Taxis was just as well. Those who walked around it paid no mind to the escalating tension inside. Very few knew what was soon to occur.

Inside the Taxis headquarters the healing, prayers, and discussions of important matters concerning the faction continued. It was only when interrupted did they all feign to pay attention. Ellas words rang out like an echo in an empty hall. It was so sudden that few could even register what was said. Mutterings of confused voices permeated the air. Two of the warrior class sprung up to hear her out. They approached with their armor clanking against the ground. "Ridiculous!" One shouted while the other calmed his rising suspicion with a raised hand of silence. "Ella calm yourself. Are you certain?" The other said with a stern look into her eyes. From Sol to Sol he read her telepathic vibrations and found a startling revelation as seen in his expression. "Let's move. now!"

Taxis warriors that once were looking tired or bored were springing in their steps to reach the roof of the HQ and outside the HQ. The one before Ella turned to the door that led down to the storage room where the sound came from. "I'll check the basement storage! Come with!"

The "bang" was better heard outside. Those around the headquarters turned to see Jasso and Tikal storm within as if summoned by the sound. A few guards followed behind them. The air was filled within the storage with dust and darkness. Light from the entrance was piercing into it allowing the silhouette tall and slender man. His horns were black in the shadow yes his eyes were glowing yellow and red. Like a cornered animal he remained in one location across the room. Yet his evenly lined shoulders and pearlescent smile was contrary to his predicament. "Looks like I've been found out. Nice to see you again... cant remember your name.. but I can't forget who you were with." His toungue swiped across his lips. "Your feeling was correct. What else do you feel?" Ziton's eyes seemed amused rather than afraid, even as Tikal and two Vrondi guards stepped inside behind Jasso.

"Does it feel like... losing?" As he spoke his weapon began to hiss. It gave a feint red glow across it's barrel from the symbols carved into it. A guard raised his hand and as Ziton pulled the trigger a transparent barrier was raised before the group. This barrier was hit and the impact was visible through a shockwave that expanded until it dissipated. "You haunt my visions now go and haunt someone else's!" Shouted Ziton and a white crack began to grow from the impact point on the barrier. It sounded like breaking glass and popping ice.

The guards and Tikal only watched in confusion. The Taxis commander looked back to the guards. "Put down the barrier." She shouted and pulled a thick and refined blade from her sheath. The metal cried as it was freed and reflected the sunlight. "I'll put an end to this!" But her brave words were met with laughter from Ziton. The cracking only got longer and wider infront of them by merely a meter. It formed a web shape. Tikal swung her blade into this web and like a barrier it reflected her blade making her stumble a few steps back.

Her blade was chipped and heat gave it a red glow. "Tch." She spat, anger rising. "You can't hide behind that forever." She taunted. Ziton rolled his head back and pointed with each syllable. "I am NOT hiding! Juuuust waitin'." He gave an extended point and nod to the web like barrier he formed. It began to open.

The fabric of reality between the web began to dissipate into a solid white. The outer rim distorted the air with heat. A far away sound grew closer. The sound of a thrashing beast. Chains could be heard clanging together and escaped the white and fell onto the storage room floor. These chains were large like what was used for mighty feral dragons being tamed for war. Two large hands emerged from the white and grasped the sizzling hot outer rim. A head then escaped the white and faceless being seemed to peer into those before it.

Spirit of the accursed
A hungry growl could be heard from the creature. It's chains began to spill onto the ground even more. It's size was twice that of any within the room. Ziton's hand gripped his hat and he bowed. A guard backed away out of the door and was soon running and yelling both vocally and mentally. "Somethings here! We need reinforcements at the temple!" As he ran the creature continued to crawl through the white. It's form being ghostly with solid chains around it.

Tikal, next to Jasso now kept her stance. "A Spirit? But how...?" She asked herself before raising a barrier before her and Jasso that was visibly stronger than the one the guard placed up alone. "Jasso I need you t-" The creature seemed to hone in on Tikal before a deep echoing voice bellowed out in a language unknown. Tikal and Jasso would feel their souls begin to be drained and as such Tikals barrier was wavering, flickering in her attempt to hold it. "When I drop this barrier... Hit it with your best shot." She chuckled a bit under the pressure. "3...2...1.." The barrier faded to nothing. "Do it!"

After Ziton bowed he turned and opened the door into the staircase that led to the main floor. He began casually walking up the stairs while looking at the jewel. "One down." He paused however as the door opened up the staircase from him. A Taxis fighter and Ella behind him. Ziton's eyes narrowed at Ella. "How's my boy? You didn't leave'em alone did ya?"

Back