Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Aschen Sector

Thompson looked to the shriveled up body and frowned. "Pity." He said, looking back to Selene, whom said nothing as she kept her hand firmly pressed on the bulkhead. With a brief hand signal, the Marines moved in, popping spice gas and storming the ship, in militaristic fashion, to round up each and every one of the crew to hold in the detention block, that was assuming they too didn't self terminate out of defiance like the other one had. The Marines moved fast and hard in hopes to prevent such actions, with the disorienting spice gas, and the swift motions in which they moved on the ship.

Thompson stepped away from the vessel, his expression fairly neutral, he made his way back to the tram station.

Back to Rashiim's holding cell, opening the door with an audible thunk, roughly an hour after his interaction with Kellka, and likely now the Marines that stormed the Firrona either had a dead crew, or were taking them to holding cells where the atmospheric composition had been adjusted to match that aboard the Firrona, thanks to Selene's analysis of the atmosphere, which would hopefully allow them to survive.

Thompson's voice cut through the silence of Rashiim's cell, through the hum of the vessel as he spoke.

"One of your crew admitted to attacking our ship, and then self terminated." The Agent said calmly. "I'm closing this case and forwarding my report to my superiors, as a gesture of good will despite the circumstances, we will be making an FTL jump beyond the Colonial frontier, and then you and your crew will be returned to your ship, and will be free to go." Thompson said. "With the understanding that your kind will not return to this quadrant, and that we will attack your vessels on sight."

The crew did not resist, though they did cover their mouths and noses from the offending gasses, allowing themselves to be conveyed to the cells without issue.

When the agent once more came to Rashiim's cell, the Iarin was in the same, meditative state. As Thompson spoke, he became more active, opening his eyes, the rims of which were now flooded with a silvery strata, and paying the man more attention. He sighed at the mention of what had happened, shaking his head.

"I apologize for his actions. He knew we had no intent to be aggressive, and yet he chose his fate regardless." He paused, briefly, at the mention of being set free. "It pleases me to hear you say that, and your goodwill will not soon be forgotten. Might I ask two things, however. Firstly, that we be given a map of your territories, such that we do not violate them again unless diplomacy allows trade, and Secondly to ensure that this will, hopefully, not sour relations in the future." Throughout his speaking, a second, softer tone could be heard in Rashiim's voice, as if he were in a middling state between letting his Bonded control him and being in control himself.

"Also, how long can we expect to be in transit for before being released?"

"His actions have far reaching consequences other than the here and now." The Operative replied. "Were it not for the Emperor's Counsel, the very same that your crewman questioned, you and your crew would have been put to death, and your vessel dismantled for study." Thompson said coldly.

"Isambard took great political risk to insist on your release, saying that releasing you as a gesture of goodwill would repay us in dividends, you have to understand why I disagree." Thompson explained, still standing in the doorway. "I will provide you a simple outline of our national borders, you understand why I am reluctant to provide a more detailed map." Thompson said. "Secondly, the FTL Jump itself will be instant, but it will take time to bring our computer systems back online so that the jump can be plotted, no thanks to your friend, the entire system was taken offline. The diagnostics are done, and now it's a matter of patching our systems to prevent future intrusion." Thompson added, shifting his stance. "One last thing, I'm taking the remains of your crewman back to our home world for study, even a shriveled up husk can offer some insights to your physiology."

Turning to leave, Thompson stopped at the door.

"Were it not for your friend, the interactions between our two peoples would have been very different." Thompson said, disappointed even. "There were a great many people eager to learn about you, but will not for the sake of our national security."

For an instant, for barely a moment she felt something, no, someone ....in her head. It was as if she had been taught a whole other language in that short moment. All kinds of information flowed into her head. Overwhelmed she shut it out, shaking her head and returning to the real world. There was one thing in her mind... A name. Firrona. The Confessor probably noticed her strange behavior, and she tried, very poorly in fact, to act natural.

Rashiim simply nodded his assent. While it did not please him to know that the body would be taken for study, if he refused the act, he understood what would then happen to his crew. Better to lose a husk than to lose almost a hundred living members. They would find the remains of Kallka's bonded, of that he was certain, but the truth behind everything the Bond was capable of would remain a mystery.

"I should hope their interest does not fade with time, and that the future holds ever more mutual interest for cultural trade. I await our arrival outside your borders, and wish your people well in your travels among the stars."

Admiral's Quarters

"She's too emotionaly unstable." Harkin said into the videoscreen, which had Chairman Inviere on the other end, as well as the Imperial Youth director. "Under normal military protocols, she'd have been court martialed, but considering she's under the Imperial Youth, either way, Chairman, Director.. I don't want her on my ship." Harkin insisted, causing Inviere to nod, before pulling up the footage.

"Looks like what happened when the Xenos were aboard, so she tried to desert and they interfered?" Inviere asked, and Harkin nodded. "The IIA is investigating the situation, Agent Thompson assures me that his report won't contain a recommendation for war, but I fear the Quorum may arrive to that conclusion by themselves." Harkin said, frowning, and then Inviere cleared her throat.

"I'm assigning her to the Aurora, maybe we need to fight fire, with fire. I'm sure Admiral McGregor will straighten her out, he's been looking for something to do since I pulled him off of fleet duty."

Harkin nodded. "Very well, I'll let her know."

Several moments and a long tram ride later, Harkin stepped into the Detention blocks, the Iarin prisoners were being held in cells, where their atmosphere was adjusted to fit their biology, but it was one particular cell Harkin was interested in.

Stepping inside after a Marine unlocked the door, he made a face and stared down at Chloe.

"You're done here, I'm transferring you off of my ship. I'm not going to have an unstable individual like you causing trouble for my crew, you're out." Harkin said flatly. "You're being held here until we get back to Langara, and then your new Mentor will pick you up."

"You're scared." Chloe said, her voice eerily calm. Her gaze was blank, staring straight in to Harkin's eyes. Her face was blank and almost emotionless.

"Think whatever you want." Harkin replied. "You're not my problem, anymore." He said, before he turned to leave.

"You admit it then. You're terrified of me, a little girl." Chloe said. Her voice remained flat, emotionless. Her eyes continued to stare into his eyes, yet they did not focus. "You, one of the most powerful men in the world, afraid."

Chloe sighed as he left. Didn't work. She played around with a couple more escape ideas, and then realized something. I can't escape. They have the best technology, and a whole army at there disposal. There is no escape. Even if half the crew is a pack of fools, there is no escape. "You know, you could give back my journal." She yelled, hoping someone heard her. One thing that confused her was that the book was empty. Why would her parents give her an empty journal right before they were killed? There had to be a reason.

Several agonizing hours went by as the technical crew slowly and methodically worked to reset the computer breakers that separated the primary system from the analog secondary system.

Activity in the detention block was relatively quiet, the Detention officer was kicked back at his desk, a magazine in his hands as he idly thumbed through the pages, hardly paying attention to the prisoners that were lined up on either side of the hall.

Harkin was in the CIC, watching the reports as they began to come in from across the ship.

"Sir, all systems report green across the board, Selene is still attempting to interface with the alien vessel, so far she's reported little success." The XO said, before Harkin frowned.

"Set FTL coordinates to the Expanse, we'll drop them off there, I also have orders to provide a simple border map." Harkin said, and the CIC Sprang to life.

First the Planck field was lowered, and then the massive Reverence II made it's jump, winking out of Aschen Space, and re-appearing nearly 40,000 light years from the furthest Aschen border, deep within a region of dead space the Aschen coined as "The Expanse."

With the jump Complete, Harkin turned to his XO.

"I'm heading down to the Brig, prepare the hangar bay for our guests departure."

While the Devotion was unloading the Firrona, things were going down south in and around the Sol System, with Task Force one of the Second Combined fleet being totally wiped out. Fortunately for Rashiim and his crew, departure was already pretty much underway, and the moment the Firrona cleared the massive hangar bay of the Devotion, and the Reverence II put enough space between it, and the Firrona, it winked out, jumping to fight it's war.

On the bridge of the Firrona, the captain sat, watching the Reverence vanish into the void. Rashiim was thoughtful before he began making orders to prep the ship for a return to Iarin Space. They were in a near enough arm of the galaxy that it would not take them long to return home, but he did not desire to be out here much longer. As he looked around his bridge, he made two commands that would affect things on a greater scale than simply his vessel.

"Track the trajectory of their jump. I want to know where they're headed. Also, set up ansible connection to Fleet Command. I need to relay all that has happened, and what I recommend we do next." His words were terse, but the bridge moved at his command, crew members going about their jobs with practiced ease. Soon, he had all the relevant jump data from the wake of the Devotion and was in communication with those in charge of directing the Iarin Navy. His advice was simple: determine the intent of the Aschen, but return all vessels sent out into unknown space.

Last edited:
The moon hung low on the sky. Daven Holbrook watched it from the warehouse window, fingers drumming on the barrel of his disruptor. He checked his watch for the third time.

"How much longer?" he looked over his shoulder.

"Five centons," one of his men nodded, "I've got Jax on the roof, scoping out the place, and a drone above us, keeping watch. We'll know when they're here."

"Hm." The Molecay fighter rolled one of his shoulders forward, glancing out the window again.

"What's wrong?"

"What?"

"What's wrong? You seem off tonight."

"I don't know. Something about tonight, I guess. Feels... heavy. Like it's about to rain."

"Shake it off. Probably didn't get enough sleep. You'll feel better once the deal is done."

Daven snorted. "We'll all feel better once we get those new particle guns. If Ha'la'tha hadn't already delivered on four other shipments, I'd say this was too good to be true."

"Good luck was bound to come to us sooner or later," the other fighter nodded, "after that skirmish near Tal'dor, I'd say we were due something nice. Prince can't win them all."

Daven nodded, sighing. "Damn Imperials."

"Hades will take them all eventually. And with these new guns..." He smiled. "...we'll have an easier time sending 'em to him."

"Alright, Stelio, let's go over the plan one more time..." Alekos said as he went over the plan written in encrypted Tauron.

"Simple, we deliver the goods to the rebels, and if Ghostface shows up we hit him with this..." He said, producing a small Bifrost locator node. "Guatrau says that this thing will make sure the operation goes down smoothly." The Tauron said, as the small unmarked van slowly crept up towards the warehouse.

"What are we packing, anyway?"

"Kaiju XL experiemental rifles, courtesy of our friends in the Red Dragon syndicate." Alekos said, gesturing to the crates in the back.

"These things disintigrate everything they hit, armor, walls, everything... it's frakkin weird how those slants can come up with this shit."

"Shh.. we're here... let's get down to business..." One of the Tauron goons hissed as he grabbed his Zat, and opened the back doors to the truck.

"Stay Vigilant..."

Stelio slowly moved towards the door of the warehouse, and banged on it once, and then twice, and then once again, and then three times. The code to let the rebels know they were here.

The door opened, Daven at the front with his second, Mollin, flanked behind with a disruptor cradled.

"Glad you made it," the rebel grunted, "come in."

---

Situated inside, Daven lay a briefcase on a table in front of the gangsters.

"There's the payment," he nodded, "but we want to see the weapons before we do business. Occupational precaution."

It was unclear how the rebels felt about the gangsters. True, they were aiding them in their fight against the Empire, but they were still criminals. The Molecay Federation's hatred for the Aschen spanned centuries - the struggle was in their blood. They fought out of a sense of necessity, a duty born in honor. Ha'la'tha? They fought for whoever supplied the cubits.

"I trust there weren't any complications transporting them here."

The Taurons nodded to eachother, producing a single, odd looking rifle from one of the crates, and carrying it inside.

"It's called the Kaiju XL, an experiemental anti-materiel rifle designed by the Taiyou." Stelio said while his compatriots brought in a large kanvium plate, similar to that found in Aschen warships.

"Allow me to demonstrate." He said, gesturing for the men to set up the large plate, leaning it against a stack of crates inside the warehouse.

"There's a dozen in this shipment, modded to work with fusion cells." He explained, while his men set the rest of the crates on the ground.

Hefting the weapon to his shoulder, there was a brief buzz, a buildup of energies and an eye splitting orange streak of light; the Kanvium plate was hit, and it first rippled outwards, before a hole started to form, like embers burning away paper the hole grew, and grew, until the orange embers faded, and the foot-thick kanvium plate had a three foot hole clean through it.

Alekos poked his head through the other side, while Stelio passed the Kaiju XL rifle to the rebel.

"These things can do some serious damage."

Mollin whistled. "That thing could punch a hole clean through a Myrmidon."

Daven nodded and hefted the rifle, weighing it in his hands. "Or the hull of an Aschen transport." He peered down the scope. "Surprised the Taiyou came up with this one. Energy weapons are more of an Imperial thing." He looked back at Stelio. "Alright then. Here's the-"

A body fell from the roof and shattered one of the crates.

"What the frak," Mollin rushed over to the commotion and inspected the body. "It's Jax! He's unconscious!"

Daven's blood went cold. Their sentry had just been taken out. "What in Hades is going on here?" He glared at the Ha'la'tha thugs. "Is this some kind of-"

The lights in the warehouse cut out - a flashbang detonating in their midst, followed by a rush of smoke. Daven screamed, clawing at his eyes with his hands. A blunt throwing knife struck him in the back of the head a moment later, knocking him out.

Two more throwing knives whipped from the shadows, attempting to find purchase against the skulls of Alekos and the other unnamed Tauron thug.

"They were working out the power supply problems, but our buddies in the Red Dragon helped us adapt fusion cells to power the weapon. These things can put a hole clean through heavy armor."

Stelio's sales pitch was cut short the moment Jax fell from the ceiling, this was a setup, they had to get out of here.

He grabbed his zat from it's holster and readied the weapon with a buzz, but Stelio also pressed his panic button, right as the lights went out and the flash-bang went off, there was a deafening thunderclap outside.

Clouds gathered outside, multicolored flashes of lightning erupted around the swirling vortex.

Stelio grabbed Alekos and dove for cover, knives striking the wooden crates with a thud.

"Frak me! We've been set up!" He cried out.

The darkness was split asunder briefly by a flash of multicolored light, a Bifrost vortex opened up but nothing came of it, Stelio grit his teeth, his Tech Con contact must have given him a dud.

As quickly as the vortex came, it dissipated.

There was a brief silence.

Back