[Atmospheric] [Horror] Sinner's Wood (Revival)

Oh shoot, I just realized that Zarek's fiend description is nearly identical to a Wendigo, so I can't really use it. XP

Oh shoot, I just realized that Zarek's fiend description is nearly identical to a Wendigo, so I can't really use it. XP

Funny thing about Wendigo's, they can look pretty much however you want. There isn't really a whole lot of similarity between mythological interpretations

Name: Maddi and Sophie
*Apparent* Age: 12
Species: Human
Physical appearance: Both girls have strawberry blonde hair that falls midway down their backs, hazel green eyes surrounded by a dark ring and freckles covering the top of their noses and cheeks. Maddi is marginally taller than Sophie, standing at 5’0” while Sophie is 4’11”. Maddi has sharper features and a more pointed chin that is normally set in slight stubbornness where Sophi’s face is rounded and more open in appearance. The twins have very similar mannerisms, though Sophie is ever so slightly quieter than Maddi. Of course, these are differences only those that have known them for a while would recognize, to all others, they appear completely identical. Both girls are slender and unassuming, rarely straying far from one another. They’re intrigued in new things and new people and more than fascinated with the idea of escape from the woods, no matter how many mysteries it may hold.
Gear: Upon entry to the woods, they were given a rusted wooden axe and a poorly crafted slingshot. Rations for a few days was included in the pack they were gifted. They entered the woods wearing rag like dresses for clothing with just as worn pants underneath their skirts. Flimsy fingerless gloves covered their hands and moth-eaten scarves wrapped their throats.
Additional Notes: The girls tend to know what one another is thinking and they have the slightly off-putting habit of finishing each other’s sentences. Both sets of hazel eyes appear rather dead, and the girls display the mannerisms of curious birds. They are quite adept at scavenging.

Name: Alma
*Apparent* Age: 18
Physical appearance: Alma is slender and of average height, standing at around 5’8” and weighing in at 130lbs. She has a sense of simple beauty surrounding her, the tips of her Cherry wood hair hanging just past her waist and a rounded face with a pale complexion and rosy cheeks. She is mournful in appearance, plush lips and doe brown eyes slightly down turned at the corners. Upon encounters with other residents of the Wood, she is typically shy and finds it difficult to speak up without stuttering. She is in no way naïve, despite what her visage and mannerisms might lead you to believe. She seems gentle, with a soft voice and expression.
Gear: A rusted and dull kitchen knife, rations for a week or so, a mildly moth-eaten burlap sack like you would buy potatoes in. A simple floor length dress that has been patched multiple times. It has an apron over it and it's sleeves are full length.
Additional Notes: Alma is easily frightened, and very superstitious. Even if she doesn’t quite know why, she’ll avoid anything perceived as common place bad luck on instinct.

Last edited:
Name: Kallia aka Gimmick the Mimicker
*Apparent* Age: 28 - unknown
Species: Fiend
Gender: Determinedly undetermined, more commonly refers to it ‘self as female and takes on a female appearance.
Physical appearance: This monstrosity stands at 16’ from the top of its head to its toes when on all fours, and at 22’ when sitting on its haunches. The rear half of this creature is shaped like that of an emaciated and hairless canine, the back legs having the reverse bend and a long whip like tail swaying with Gimmick’s mood. Its front half is that of a starved human male, but with an alien like woman’s features. A gash and sharp teeth serve as its smile, and its nose is flat to its face. Its eyes are slanted, the irises such a light blue they blend with the whites. This creature has a lizard’s blinks. Where human eyelids would be there sits heavy scabbing, as if the lids were cut from its face. The fiend walks on the knuckles of its long-fingered hands like a gorilla, any nails it would have are missing like they too were torn from the monster. Hair that just passes its chin sprouts from the creature’s head, pale blonde and with the consistency of straw. It is normally poorly kept, tangled with leaves and debris from the surrounding forest.
Gear: A simple dress and golden glowing pendant.
Unique Abilities: It can transform into the visage of a human and back to its given form at will with no ill effects or restrictions. This monster, despite looking quite frail, is quite strong and moves quickly while in its fiend form. It can speak well, and enjoys luring in victims with a well imitated woman’s voice. It will hang around to learn names and secrets that it will then taunt its victim with. While in fiend form, it’s voice is rough like that of a smoker. It is impossible to tell the being’s gender through its voice while it is in fiend form.
Additional Notes: Upon first encounter, it seems harmless enough. Standing as a human woman at around 5’6” with chin length pale blonde hair and ice blue eyes. Thin and with little apparent muscle, the creature appears in a simple floor length dress with a golden glowing pendant and always offers the name Kallia while in human form. In human form, it almost never blinks, but if you do catch it blinking, you’ll notice that it blinks like a reptile, neglecting to use its human eyelids.

Once again, I'm thrilled to see y'all really taking creative freedom with the Fiends. Two giants and we've barely started. Still waiting on a reply about the rp approval, will keep y'all posted.

Right, I'll be honest, that last post has been confused a bit. I'm assuming that this isn't the RP thread, so is that some sort of meta ARG style thing?

Don't do that. You're cluttering the thread, so I'd suggest you delete them before you get in trouble with the GM.

Also: geez, watch the language, man.
Bear in mind that he might be the second GM. He's posting some stuff that seems related to the story, the original post said that the guy made it with a sibling, and he said he was going to post a template, as opposed to a character sheet. Might just be giving more information on what fiends actually are.

But then again. I could be wrong. In which case, yeah, I wouldn't post that sort of stuff. It'll just confuse people.

Alright well, sounds like I missed a good bit this morning but it looks like y'all already took care of it. In response to the comments about a second gm, I am currently the only one working on this rp. My brother, Lucky Shadow, may return to help me later but that isn't very likely.

Name: Benjamin Alexander Cunningham
*Apparent* Age: 23

Physical appearance: Ben could not be considered a handsome man in any sense, though he’d never admit it himself. His face had a distinct, unflattering sharpness to it from his thin, pointy nose to his trigonal jawline. His hair was a dusty brown and worn in classic fashion, with it usually being combed over to the left on top while the sides were kept short cropped. Ben’s eyes were pale green in colour.
At 178cm (5’10), he stood at an average height that was filled out by an athletic build. He possessed an impeccable, well-practiced posture that betrayed his cockiness before he even opened his mouth. This image of confidence was slightly diminished when he walked, his stride interrupted by an obvious limp. He was now dressed in a stained white t-shirt, grey trousers and brown boots. The trousers were itchy and the boots were sure to be the source of many blisters.

Gear:
· A leaky canteen filled, for the moment, with water.
· A matchbox with 5 matches in it
· A spool of cotton thread
· 2 wrapped chocolate bars

Additional Notes:
· Excellent eyesight
· Great sense of direction
· Great reflexes
· Bad limp (knee injury)
· Poor hearing

Still waiting on approval, but just to keep you guys updated, I've worked out how I want to run things. I'm gonna do what a lot of epic roleplays do and divide things by location, with each major segment of or location in the woods getting its own thread. Current locations are: The Lost Chateau, The Sinner's Ring, The Wyld Wood, and The Old Growth. Those are the ones I have descriptions written up for anyway, Haven and possibly a few others still to come. Basically I'm setting things up so we can get started as soon as I get approval.

Back