Akune going to be a father figure to the group.
Going on a rampage if anyone hurts his kids.

Good. I want to see that. I am going to give Shen a plot armor though until he gets an epic death after he learns the truth about Zolan and accepts that he was in the wrong for years. Everything else but his life is clear to take. Arm, leg, face, jaw, eye, stomach. I want to see awesome action out of Akune. Do leave some body parts for the next encounter though.

@Neko
@Rae
@Dodoco King
@Sanity43217

Hello all, during the roleplay. My character Shen will be a side character that is antagonistic towards your entire party. Can I ask you to not go easy on Shen throughout your characters' journey (let's make your battles epic)? I plan for him to die at some point in the roleplay, and would like him to accumulate many scars from Zolan, Mei, Wei, and Akune throughout. Please allow him an epic death by one of your hands. Shen will have the aid of his two best friends Lee and Yu as well. I would also like to give them an interesting death. If you have any ideas you would like to add to this, please reply.

I'll make sure Wei gives Shen a run for his money lol. Granted, it helps that they're still grappling with the morality of killing.

@Neko
@Rae
@Dodoco King
@Sanity43217

Can you review an idea of mine?

(general idea)
Shen's mother gave shelter to Zolan and the party for a night (or more) while Shen is far away. Shen's best friend, Yu, recognized Mei from years ago and dislikes her. Yu overheard their conversations and learned of their pursuers. She sought them out the next morning in a neighboring village and led them to Ai's house (where Zolan could still be or have already left) and caused Ai's death. Thereafter, Yu hid the truth and caused Shen to blame his mother's death on Zolan. Then once in a while during Zolan's journey, Shen will join the roleplay as a villain. Towards his life's end, when he discovered the truth, Shen will kill Yu.

@Neko
@Rae
@Dodoco King
@Sanity43217

Can you review an idea of mine?

(general idea)
Shen's mother gave shelter to Zolan and the party for a night (or more) while Shen is far away. Shen's best friend, Yu, recognized Mei from years ago and dislikes her. Yu overheard their conversations and learned of their pursuers. She sought them out the next morning in a neighboring village and led them to Ai's house (where Zolan could still be or have already left) and caused Ai's death. Thereafter, Yu hid the truth and caused Shen to blame his mother's death on Zolan. Then once in a while during Zolan's journey, Shen will join the roleplay as a villain. Towards his life's end, when he discovered the truth, Shen will kill Yu.

So will Yu say that the Avatar killed Shen's mother or did she omit the truth and let Shen draw his own conclusion? Either way I think that's a solid idea and leaves the door open for redemption (if Shen decides to take that route). Will Yu become another villain later in the story or stay as a character strictly in Shen's personal arc?

So will Yu say that the Avatar killed Shen's mother or did she omit the truth and let Shen draw his own conclusion? Either way I think that's a solid idea and leaves the door open for redemption (if Shen decides to take that route). Will Yu become another villain later in the story or stay as a character strictly in Shen's personal arc?

I plan for Yu to tell Shen the truth, but omitting the part where she led Zolan's pursuer to Ai's home. Shen will blame Zolan for his mother's death. Both of Shen's best friends will help him fight Zolan. Yu is secretly a waterbender, and she will bend Shen's mind to influence his decisions. She will only be able to bend Shen's mind since she had been subtly practicing on him for years. I also plan for her to establish contact with Zolan's pursuers later on.

I plan for Yu to tell Shen the truth, but omitting the part where she led Zolan's pursuer to Ai's home. Shen will blame Zolan for his mother's death. Both of Shen's best friends will help him fight Zolan. Yu is secretly a waterbender, and she will bend Shen's mind to influence his decisions. She will only be able to bend Shen's mind since she had been subtly practicing on him for years. I also plan for her to establish contact with Zolan's pursuers later on.
I honestly like your idea of Yu causing Shen’s mother’s death, and the though of him not being told the full truth, would be a good redemption arc for him once he discovers the real truth about what happened to his mother. I like this idea.

@aronhiet

NOTE: I have not proof read this yet, however I did make it prettier for lookin’ at! Let me know if there’s any info in here that doesn’t fit with the structure of this rpg in terms of plot or setting! Also, if any one has any questions or critiques please feel free to share them! I love hearing feedback from others. :) And if there’s any other Earth Kingdom soldiers or warriors don’t be scared to hit my line.

Character Sheet
Name: Rook Gozen Sloane
Nickname: Rookie
Alliance: Loyal to his family first; Loyal to Ba Sing Se not pro-war and not anti-Avatar
Nation: Earth Kingdom
Element: Earth

Skills:
  • Basic Combat Training
  • Basic Earthbending
  • Enhanced Hand-to-Hand Combat
  • Combative Earthbending
  • Basic Emergency Medical Response
Abilities:
Advanced Skill in Basic Earth Bending as well as Intermediate Skill Earth Bending techniques taught to him in secret by his Grandfather who has spent years creating an arsenal of dangerous, banned, and unheard of Earth Bending scrolls.

Weapons:
Quarter Staff (Proficient)
Katana (Proficient)
One-Handed Heavy Hammer (Advanced)

Relations: (Family, friendships, crushes. etc)

Paternal Grandfather → Com. Knight Gozen Sloane “The Stone Wall”
Father → Lt. Bishop Gozen Sloane
Sister → Queen Naja Sloane
Mother → Gemma Ramona Sloane (previously Gemma Ramona Kamau)
Paternal Uncle → Gunnar Kamau
Maternal Cousins → Callan Kamau, Champion Kamau; Oasis Kamau

Sexuality: Asexual Biromantic (still confused himself, resigns not to be involved romantically or sexually)

Appearance: Rook is a slender young man, the muscles on his body rock hard from the pummelings that come with Earthbending against men like his grandfather for years. His face is youthful, his light brown skin smooth and firm, while his faint green-yellow eyes appear perpetually tired and sunken-in. His face is long with soft edges except for the sharp corner of his jawline, which he cloaks behind the kinky curls of a one or two-day-old beard. His hair he keeps braided down, so as to accommodate the stipulations of appropriate military standards of dress and his own personal comfort.

Personality: Rook Sloane is a quiet, brooding type who prefers to contemplate in peaceful isolation. Rook is a strategist by nature who takes pride in his preparedness. Rook has a natural charm that draws others in and yet Rook as trouble keeping people interested, as feeling close with others leads to feelings of vulnerability which leads to self-withdrawal or self-sabotage. He worries that friends and peers will grow bored with him and move on, carrying With them nothing but disappointment. As a result, Rook keeps to himself, usually won’t speak unless spoken to, and prefers to spend time mulling over dilemmas and problems on his own before taking action.

History: Rook Sloane comes from a lineage of strong military leaders who are considered Hero’s of the War in Ba Sing Se as well as across most other regions of the Earth Kingdom. His grandfather was an abrasive, cold-hearted man with an impressive reputation as a powerful military leader in Ba Sing Se. Rook’s father, an impulsive, fearless bender who regularly flirted with death, upheld his father’s legacy by rising through the ranks becoming a Lieutenant of equal rank. Both Rook’s father and grandfather have high expectations that he will bring honor to their family name by surpassing their ranks and reputation as formidable Lieutenants of Ba Sing Se.

The pressure is on Rook to succeed at influencing the outcome of the war and his family has never let him forget it. As little boy, Rook’s mother sang to him of his destiny to become a great war hero spreading aid and relief to sufferers. As a youth, Rook’s father lectured him about the high expectations he has set before him in his lineage all the while coming at his own son in closed quarter combat, training him to fight relentlessly. At age 13, Rook’s grandfather seized control of Rook’s training and education. Commander Knight Sloane immediately established a distinction between the man who was Rook’s grandfather and the man who was Rook’s trainer. Hours were spent in grueling Earth bending lessons taught to him in secrecy, the demolition of boulders bouncing off the mountain ranges and dissipating into the sky.

For a long time, Rook harbored a quiet resentment for his grandfather for being so cruel with him and his father, too, for allowing it to go on. He never broached the subject with his father, but he theorized silently in his bed some nights that his grandfather has taught his son through blood and bruises and did very little to spare Rook the same fate. As time when on, Rook’s aches turned to hardened muscles as his lessons became practice rounds and his grandfather stayed hard and unyielding. The challenges only increased in adversity and Rook grew angrier, stronger. He grew quieter. Deadlier.

At age 16, Rook was honorably accepted into Basic Training for the Earth Kingdom’s militia. As time passed, Rook rose through the ranks, the hard lessons of the men who raised him gave him an undeniable edge. However, Rook felt empty and withdrawn, as if his soul was taking a backseat while mindless violence commandeered his life. He lost faith in the war, and soon after he lost faith in seeing an end to the war.

The situation only darkened for Rook as he began to learn more about the perturbing internal status quo of the Earth Kingdom’s elite warriors. His father, still an active member of the Earth Kingdom’s militia, began to keep secrets from Rook, his actions clouded by doubt, concern, and mistrust. His grandfather, a decorated, retired war hero yet still an influential man with a hidden finger on the pulse, seemed shrouded in blatant suspicion, as he trusted no living soul with his truest intentions.

At age 20, Rook is saddled with one final goal: do something noteworthy and heroic in battle, be rewarded, continuing to survive all future battles until retirement and be honorably discharged like his grandfather has done, and like his father has nearly finished.

Other:

1. While training with his father from ages 4 to 12, Rook was made to face and overcome every challenge and lesson without his bending. In a world where the knowledge of one’s bending can be used against them, with rumors circulating always telling of some horrific way to block one’s bending using this technique or that.
2. From age 12 to 16, Rook trained with his grandfather, who taught him his Earthbending is his most valuable weapon and that he must honor it and use it for the good of his family first, the people second, and leaders last. These teaching starkly contrasted with his attitude and demands for true obedience from subordinates while he served.
3. Rook struggles to build friendships and trust as he has become disenchanted with the nature of people and the order of a war-torn world. He is intimidated by intimacy while desperately longing to share in intimacy with somebody.

Nice job! You even made a family tree diagram. Plus Ultra.

Hey just wanted to check in. Do we have a solid starting date or are we waiting for more characters /plotting?

I forgot to put it in my initial post, but I think that we have many good pieces right now (a few characters, a starting /meeting point, some villains), but I want to ask for clarification on two things:

1. What does the current world look like, technology wise?

I know we talked about how things would be a little bit more advanced than in LoK (except keeping in touch with nature) but did we determine a certain aesthetic or time period this rp follows? The first series was much older with some signs of industrialization whereas LoK takes after 1920s Shanghai (with a few splashes of New York). So cars, metalbending galore, steam engines, etc. are all possible in that series. Is it safe to say that it's the same case here. With a 500 year gap I could see that still being the case here, though maybe with a solar punk twist depending on where you reside. I also see less integration due to all the nations being at war with one another.

2. Do we have a starting antagonist/theme of the first arc or will it mostly be gathering Team Avatar?

I may have to reread everything since it's been a hot minute, but yeah!

Rae and I have a little 1x1 roleplay for this world (set in the past). We haven't gone into technology and the aesthetic of the world. For the most part, I just assumed that it looks very similar to the time when Avatar Aang was around (It is more simple that way + I never watched every episode and zero episodes of Korra.) We could have a gap between the rich and the poor and have technology from both primitive to futuristic. Maybe we can have the main villain use super-advanced weaponry against the team avatar and poses a different type of challenge.

Imagine a grenade with an intricate design such that the individual parts within the grenade are programmed to imitate a bender's motion and produce different complex results

Back