Neko

Friendly Local Cat
Time to try for another interest check for an RP. Let's see if this one does any better. Decided to do my own Avatar-themed RP and here we are now! Who's with me?!

Plot: The elements are out of balance. All it took was for a single element to turn their backs on others for a worldwide war to break out against them all. The Avatar, master of all the elements, could stop them, but they never showed up. They’ve been missing for so long, people have lost hope that the Avatar would ever return to free them from the pain and suffering. Little did anyone know, the Avatar had returned and would bring about peace to the land. But not without help.

All benders are sent to war. Those who don't join the war, are sentenced to death. If you escape, then you're on the run from the law, being hunted, trying to survive in a world now out to get you. You are a secret bender. Nobody knows that you can bend. You keep this hidden so that you don't get drafted to war or you're on the run already, trying to blend in to not draw attention to yourself. One day you travel to a spot to rest in your travels and there you see someone you suspect to be the Avatar.

This takes place 500 years after Aang's time. But Korra hasn't happened because I never fully sat down to watch it as I only saw bits and pieces. And I've always liked the Last Airbender better anyway. But that's beside the point.

So this war has been going on for 500 years, people have lost hope and honestly- kinda bitter towards the Avatar for taking 500 years to show up again. With how long the war has gone on, powerful leaders of the nations don't want it to end as it gives them money, soldiers (forcefully), and power.

Saving the world this time isn't going to be very easy, especially when you're being hunted.

So, who'd like to take part in a more darker and intense storyline to save the world? This is going to be a long RP, so I hope any of you are buckled up for an epic adventure that'll take quite a bit to complete. XD

So once more, who's with me? Any questions, feel free to ask!

IC Thread: To be added.

Character Sheet Thread: Character Sheets

OOC Thread: OOC Chat

Last edited:
Currently not much. I was just wondering how, depending on how many people we have join, how we were all going to all discover and meet up or if it was going to be more of a gradual thing. If that makes sense? But other than that, not really.
I’m definitely looking forward to it and have been craving to get back into writing again!

Currently not much. I was just wondering how, depending on how many people we have join, how we were all going to all discover and meet up or if it was going to be more of a gradual thing. If that makes sense? But other than that, not really.
I’m definitely looking forward to it and have been craving to get back into writing again!

That's a good question. So far, it's just us two, but I'm hoping that other people will take interest in this as well. In the meantime, I have a dragon rp too if you'd like to take part in that while we wait. XD

Do you have a bender in mind that you want to make? We can discuss a common ground- where all our characters would be so they could meet and the journey begin.

Ooh, what is that dragon rp about?

As for a bender, I had a water bender in mind. However I’m flexible to change it, if you wanted a certain type of bender! And that seems fair, you’ll just have to describe more of a beginning post that you were planning and I can help you build from that!

You can find the dragon rp here. Well, the interest check for it. XD

Ooh, a waterbender would be cool! I was fixing to go for a firebender myself. If we're going to have a water and firebender (so far until we can more people hopefully), we'd need to figure out how the two would be able to cross paths. Perhaps they're both in the Earth Kingdom, somewhere in Gaoling? Did I spell that right? Or Ba Sing Se? Or hiding out in a forest somewhere together and stumble across one another?

I think Ba Sing Se would be a could area, considering it is a larger area and has more diversity, but the forest idea would be good too, I think I can come up with a scenario for the forest at the top of my head right now.

A way to "hide in plain sight" within the city there, our benders would have to be a bit careful to not be spotted as benders or else they'd be in some trouble for sure. But ooh? What'cha got for a scenario?

Alrighty, so for the scenario for the within the walls of Ba Sing Se, we can say that one of our characters actually gets caught using their bending by them having no choice while trying to steal supplies for their comrad/sibling of sorts and is on the run from the security within the walls and the other character could help escape since they know their way around the city a bit more, this scenario would work if we had an earth bender but that’s alrighty.

As for the forest idea, we can say your character was actually resting in a hiding spot within the forest and may accidentally burn the water bender when they hear approaching footsteps, However within this scenario, the water bender was on the currently on the run from soldiers when this scenario happened and the they had to help each other escape…

that’s my idea so far.

I like both ideas a lot! Both have the benders helping each other out and that's amazing. Then again, on the run benders gotta stick together, am I right? The first one would work a bit better if we had an Earthbender to help the Waterbender and Firebender out, but we could make do with just ours if no one else joins us in this journey.

The forest idea sounds super fun. Zolan would feel really bad after he burnt the Waterbender, realizing that they're in the same boat as him, and lend them a hand at escaping from the soldiers after them. Time to escape together and find a new place to hide.

Yes yes, I totally agree, and if anything, I’m willing to create another character if need be. I’m kinda leaning more towards the forest idea now if it is just us two starting off, since I feel it would a great a more interesting beginning of plot line, a more interesting way to start off of Zolan and my character Mei meeting.

How about this? We do both ideas? We can start off in the forest with Mei and Zolan and in their escape, they go to Ba Sing Se and run into more trouble there? Trying to steal to get some food or something and reveal bending and have to run again? An Earthbender oversees this and helps the pair out and now we have our third member?

No, I'd say they're different in terms of plot, but I could be wrong since I'm not the creator of that other thread. I think Sunshine's was more based on Korra's timeline with there being a group that are chi blockers and stuff. In this, it's more based off Last Airbender, as Korra's timeline never happened.

Back