AWE

"Drone."
"It was meant as more of a compliment then an insult, and even if it was I would not worry about it. Blue jokes around all the time. Welcome to the team."

She frown at blue, but wavers soon. Her excitement broke through again and she did a little spin on the ground. "Okay, oh wow, oh wowie. We're going to have so much fun adventuring and stuff! And you guys can show me all your windmill-mechanical stuff and I can show you all my living magic stuff and... Wow! Pink and orange and blue and green and Liz, flying across the whooole world! And more worlds! Fighting monsters and discovering treasure!"

"Ah...windmill....Technology. Would be a better word. And magic is just unexplained science. True magic is the unexplainable." Orange nodded to Green before putting a moon-chip on the dragons back and saying "Now this will knock you out for a bit, but it is supposed to do that, and it is really hard to fight, so I suggest just letting it lead you over to the mansion. Green will meet you there. He has a few things for you to do before joining us on our adventure." He then went over to his drone and put in the water sample between its blades, placing a few more beacons and making a mobile workstation from the drones and nearby supplies. He then set to work taking a bunch more samples of the area.
Pink took this action as a cue to start studying and picking a few of the flowers, making sure not to remove the species of flower from the area as to not upset the niche n stuff. Blue began taking edible plants and storing them in his backpack, taking out his battery and putting it on Orange's desk. "Oh yeah sure just throw ANARCHY into my COMPLEX AND ORGANIZED STATION without warning. Totally fine."
"Thanks for understanding!"
Green dug a hole, laid down in it, and covered himself with grass and roots until he became blended with the floor.

She sat there quietly, a bit suprised that she would be knocked out, but none the less excited to see what they were going to do. The metal felt cold and strange on her back, and it rested right between her wings where she couldn't reach. She wasn't going to try to move it anyway. She closed one eye, keeping the other open a bit to peek at what they were doing around her.

The mechanical bug moved over to on top of Liz's neck, its needle-thin legs quickly dashing over to its new spot. It spread out like it was doing a belly-flop into water and its smooth cool surface tickled her spine. The bug had little tools that 'bit' into her flesh, sending a small prick of pain before the sedative started washing into her. Soon the dragons other eye closed and she was transported to a realm of white. The soft white void did not last for long, however, as it quickly washed away and revealed a large circular courtyard/training yard with different sections and targets, some of them even different biomes. To the left and right of this courtyard was a large empty rampart walling off the land from the void and surrounding a great tower of stone in the middle that looked like it could hold a small city within. This tower was ornate and decorated like a temple, but fortified and armed like a fortress. Its many balconies and overlooks watched over the lands like an eagle would stare down its prey, in many cases exactly that as decoration merged with function creating a unique air of calm and elegant battle.

Green was on a section directly right from the center of the courtyard firing rounds into moving jumping and sometimes even covering dummies. "You're late... But, excusable. It is your first time after all." He finished firing his last round and walked over to one of the seven stone benches, having it suddenly hum to life and rise up, revealing a great arsenal of guns and other ranged weapons. A quick replacing of the clip and the assault rifle was delicately placed on its mount in the bench wall before it fell back into the earth and became quiet once more. His arms stretched out and brushed over the entire location. "Welcome to my mind palace. The temple of war. I am sure you have questions, and I will try to answer them all fully before we have to begin." He sat down and settled a little before crossing his fingers and looking intently at liz.

The world came to her slowly, like she waking from a dream, but in reverse. Then, before anything else, the sound hit her. Loud bangs, one after the other, over and over. It was loud enough that she had to drop to the ground and cover her ears so they wouldn't hurt. He said something, but her ears were still ringing too much to really hear what it was. Finally, after he put his loud noisemaker away, she could start to sense the world around her.

It was... quite incredible. Truly a mindscape to admire. "You're psychics? I didn't think a machine had a mind like we do." She spun in place slowly, admiring the strange architecture of the place.

"We....What would make you think we are psychics? And although it sounds a bit Orange for me to say, you are simply a machine of flesh. Of the biological nature. What makes your neurons different from my microprocessors?" A short pause. "That probably sounds like a bunch of gibisnaper though. Give it an eon or two and maybe you will understand." Concern filled his voice as he hastily followed up "Not that I doubt your intelligence or capability to understand, just.... your species is.... behind. No matter." He picked up an apple pie that appeared out of nowhere and held it out in front of liz. "Can you smell this?"

She only looked at him with a brow raised as he dug himself deeper into his hole. "You have a mind world, psychics make mind worlds. And I think I'm much more than just a machine of flesh, and whatever else you are saying. Dragons have different souls than animals do, we can think and talk and stuff."

She sat still, a bit more proper now, and was clearly attentive. As the pie appeared and was held out, she sniffed the air. "Yes, I can. Why? I've talked to a psychic before, I know a little about how this all works."

"What you know is most likely in some ways true, but some things that may be obvious could be false, so I am going to go over the basics with you just in case. This is The temple of war. My mind palace. Every sentient being above a certain intelligence has one. I have one, you have one, the dumbest dragon you know probably has one too, albeit a simple one. It is the place where thoughts ideas and emotions obtain form and function. Most mind palaces follow a few simple rules, like medium for memory;" Green half-points over past the edge of the courtyard below the steep rock face down into a valley of mist. The mist nearest the courtyard clears up and a battle Ethan was in plays in slow-motion. "Medium for personality," The statues and figures decorating the spire start to glow. "And a place where one feels in its natural state. I am a warrior, thusly..." Green rose his hands and all of the other benches and a core around the star in the center all rose to reveal various tools and weapons. A few moments later he lowered his hands as if to seat a crowd and the floor became smooth and flat once more. "The more you visit or reflect on this place, the sharper the details of it become. And the more easily you can mix and change as you please." The pie re-appeared. "Everything here is all in your head. Senses, feelings, objects. That does not mean if I stab you you will not feel pain. The brain is a powerful thing, and some can kill through mind palace interaction alone. " He stood and conjured a manifestation of Liz and Green in their real world locations. "Now your psychics probably use the arcane arts to link the two palaces together, much like a tether of rope." A line of weak twine stretched between the figures. "We do the same thing, except with that bug that you let pierce your skin. Through.... Windmill... stuff.." An active wire sent little arcs of electricity over between them. "Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Your rope may be easier to reinforce, but it is also easier to cut." The two remains of the rope hung loosely from the two. "Ours is much more solid from the start, but takes proper preparation and the right situation to hold a strong bond." A blend of changes to the scene later and Liz is hooked up to a backpack placed at her side and lines stretch from the pack to a bug on her neck. "We can even make food work." A line of micro-fruits flew out of one of the wires and into the bug. "And....That is about it. Feel free to ask if you want to know about anything." The scene faded and he sat down once more, fingers crossed under his nose.

She paused, taking in and processing all of this new information. "So, you're a different kind of psychic, with the windmill stuff, and my soul can attach to your windmill things with the little metal bug. Interesting... interesting..."

She turned in place half way, trotting over to the edge of the area and looking down to the ground levels. "It should work like a dream right, I can float around without flapping my wings, or breath underwater, if I really want?"

Green summoned a cube of solid red. "Mental Construct."
He summoned the smell of cinnamon "Mental Construct."
He stood and inhaled and exhaled loudly, though through no visible orifice. "Mental. Construct." an ocean replaced the sky, falling down like a wave of rain. Soon it became close enough to threaten them, but instead of continuing to fall the remaining 20 feet, it funneled into Green's outstretched palm, forming a bubble of gently flowing water. A flick of the wrist and it was gone. He sat back down. "Anything else?"

Liz rolled her eyes, huffing and changing her own body to a shade of bright violet. "A simple yes would have worked."

She jumped up, floating away slowly like a bubble in water, and flipped upside down to look at green. "Why are we here again? Just explaining the psychic stuff you did with your windmill bug?"

A gentle flick threw Liz to the ground.(softly not slamming) "That, and do a combat evaluation of you. Have any powers besides the skin rainbow?"

"I can shoot a super firebolt, lightning-y thingy that blows things up, and fly super super fast. And move super fast. Do anything super fast, if I want to really. Like, so fast the whore rest of the world slows down. It's sort of tiring though, so I don't do that too much. Mmm, and I have wings and teeth and claws and all, but that's normal."

A few moments of thought and reflection before the robot's body disappeared, leaving only his voice. "We will test how fast that is exactly. Please be accurate to your physical counterpart. Oh and Liz, think fast." Green lowered the speed of the mental world to 1/16th and created four 8Okph knives coming from the 4 cardinal directions 2 meters out. (oooooooo00000000OOOOOOO) [Like heres mommy, Q and daddy, O, My brother, 0 and me! o]

In an instant, the world ground to a near halt. Not just Green's computer realm, but the physical world itself too. Her organic body on the surface twitched slightly in her coma, almost too quickly to notice.

The knives were at a slow crawl now, and she carefully stepped out of their path. Then, it all went back to normal. At least, as normal as Green had set their world. For him, it might appear that she had teleported. "Well that was rude. I don't really like being tested, so if you would not that would be great."

"Sorry miss, but am the tactical officer of this little crazy crew, and that means I have to know what you are capable of." columns of flame came in from all directions except one that was on a slight delay, the flame coming from that direction a shade of deep blue. "And that means tests."

She squawked, again near instantly appearing at a different spot. "You know, I don't even have to do this. I can just make it not real if I want." She floated again, leaning back and crossing her arms.

Time moved in the microseconds now. A stone warrior greeted her with a sword swing in an enclosed room. "True, but if you do that my tactical calculations of you would be off, and to put a long sciencey explanation short, you would be dead. So its try now, or die later. You will need self-control if you want to be traveling the stars with us. If it helps, focus on that goal and work on going step by step up the metaphorical stairs to it."

She shrugged. "But I know me, and you are a psychic windmill, so why can't you just see what I know I can do?" Then, with a turn of her head, her jaw opened and a blast of blinding energy shot out, obliterating the sword, hilt, arm, and shoulder of the golem.

Back