AWE

The rest of the golem disappeared and so did the room. Time resumed normal speed and green appeared again. "I had not considered it because countless species regard it as rude.... but if you were to give me permission, yes. That would be a more efficient course of action."

"Well aa long as you only look at the important things, then fine. I just want to go on adventure, not sit around all day in some special psychic world that doesn't do anything." Liz grumped.

"There are quite a few wrong things with that statement but I do not want to be a jerk about It so we shall move on." He conjured a pool of navy blue liquid. "It is symbolic. Drink if you give me permission to enter your mind. Also, once I am in there, if there is a place you do not wish me to go, simply imagine a door and close it." He drew several symbols and glyphs around a silhouette of him before laying in said outline and powering down, leaving the bubble hanging in front of her.

She sighed, watching him shut down. Maybe she was being the dramatic one, but this whole thing just seemed so useless to her. All she wanted to do was start adventuring, and psychic stuff bored her so much. It wasn't real, it was all pretend, so why bother? She liked real danger, real excitement. Besides, the only thing she could think of that she really didn't want him to know was... well, it was better to shut that door. Even though that hardly made real sense to her. With a quick bite, she gulped down all the liquid presented to her that she could fit in her big maw.

The blue liquid was goopy and slow like she had to force every tasteless drop down her throat. It did, however, send chills down her... everything. A heavy tickle in every gulp. The Mental world around her began to fade back into the white from whence it came. Suddenly, Liz was moving. How fast, she could not tell, for the only reference was the vastness of the white. After a short while, it stopped. They were in her world now. A world,

The world she was in now was... bare. That was the most that came to her mind right away. No strong memories to fill spots, no special desires or ambitions. Just... space to fill.

Now, Liz was not a dumb dragon by any means. She was clever in the few maths she had learned, read and wrote, could speak Lowlands and Uppercourt fluently. She just... had no need for a built up world of her own. Dreams were fading, the world was not. In fact, the only significant thing around was a small, nearly empty book bound in blue leather. It sat on the floor, however she knew that. Everything seemed white like before, but not as empty. Like a massive room instead of the open sky. "Well, this is boring." She remarked.

Green punched the great white floor and it became a blank field of gently moving grass. "I hate not having a ground. Gets me all disoriented. You have never been here before. Shall I summon your greatest memories as pillars of your palace?"

"Never been here? No, I've been here once. It's just not my thing, psychic dragoness I was with looked around a little, made some things, pillars or whatever. Just doesn't stick, she said that my soul "flew as fast as my spirit." Pretty much I just never stick around the same things so they don't stick around me. Now what is it you needed here? That stuff was real gross and I don't like wasting time." She floated again, curling up like a seahorse as she sat there waiting on green.

"Well, not exactly what I expected, but interesting nonetheless. If this book contains what we need, yes, we can finish and awaken." He conjured a chair and a table, setting the book upon it and opening the book to its first page.

The book contained neither words or images, but ideas. Memories sent from the binding of her soul itself direct to his, a complete skip of all intermediaries. It was her first memory, being held in the arms of her mother as she sang a wordless tune. A short hum to put her baby to sleep.

"The seer told me that she saw all the important things in my life there, what made me me. I never looked, it's not all that important I don't think. Are you done yet?"

Back