Open Baby's first RP search!

ShannonChesterton

Trying not to hyperventilate.
Hello and thank you in advance for taking the time to join me on this journey here on this site! I've only been here for a few days and I'm already awash with excitement after having read a bit of what everyone had to say here. Fantastic story ideas and fun people, it's almost intimidating. I had a small mental breakdown yesterday thinking about what I could write here to get people interested in me and my ideas and I came to the conclusion that being wordy and artistic might turn people off. I figured I'd just be as genuine as I can manage and make a pros and cons list! Parks and Rec taught me something after all. After I'm done with that you'll have learned a bit about me and what I'm into RP wise and hopefully we can become partners and go on to make wonderful stories together so again, thank you for taking the time to meet me today, I'm Shannon, let's get started. <3

Always start with cons, gotta build the castle from the dimples in the earth, as they say, or maybe I only say that...hehe.
1. I do work as a cashier so my days off are random throughout the week. I can't promise I'll be available on the most convenient days for you but I promise to always respond and be forthright with you if I need a significant amount of time away.
2. I'm primarily romance focused. I hate to admit it but I rarely find myself driven to enjoy a 1X1 roleplay unless there's some form of romance involved. I guess it was just how I was raised as a roleplayer, constantly being paired up with people. That's not to say I don't understand what slowly burning romances mean! I love thrilling and drawn out character chemistry and I also love chilling breakups and tearful reunions. Who knows, I might be more flexible if you give me the chance!
3. I'm emotionally unbalanced! I promise I'm not crazy, don't click away yet! I think I have a massive inferiority complex so there will be times when I second guess whether or not my writing holds any merit. You might find that I doubt myself and that doubt keeps me from joining roleplays, even when I really want to. I'll admit, there's even a few people already on this site who've got me interested in playing with them and I'm just too scared of rejection to ask! Hopefully in time I'll get over it, for now, I'm the one searching for people to like me, fingers crossed!

Oof, now we can talk about what might be positive about RPing with me!
1. I'm super patient! At least I think I am, I'm the first person to totally understand if real life issues make your posts slow or small. We're here to have fun and I'm especially using this place as a medium to feel good about something. I wouldn't compromise that with negative vibes and rudeness. No ma'am.
2. I'm flexible with my character creation. I've never been able to be the kind of person who has a cast of dedicated characters that I've played for years. I specialize in making characters almost immediately and being able to shift between them on the fly. I especially excel in making multiple characters! I am a male and I can easily play males or females if that doesn't make you uncomfortable and I've been able to create characters for a variety of situations and themes. Fantasy, Modern, Sci-fi, Steampunk, I've done it all at least once. I've played a violently rude princess with pale skin and raven hair in one RP before being able to quickly shift into playing a seven foot tall redheaded man giant who doesn't speak a lick of English! Got an idea you like and need someone like me? Hand me a script director and we'll see if I can work it!
3. I work well in groups! If you've got a group roleplay and you've got spots that need filling, I might be interested! If I'm in a group I can usually forgo my usual stance on romances. I can act independently and I've been told that when I really get into the groove of the group, I can be quite a welcome addition! :3 Did I say I'm patient and friendly! I hope so.

Woof! If you've made it this far you're officially a great person and I couldn't be happier. Now I'll get into some ideas I've got and I'll probably add more later, these are just some of the ideas I've recently been mulling over as well as some old stuff I used to love but never got a chance to try.

I primarily do MXM stuff but I'll make sure to detail whether or not the idea can work as a MXF where I would gladly play as a female character, as long as that doesn't make you uncomfortable, remember! GOOD VIBES! :D

Key
Bold = The character I would play.

Alchemist X Construct - MXM Or MXF
In a modern world where the common gangster would rather wield a gun to their hip before consulting gods for assistance, chaos reigns. The rate of criminal activity has skyrocketed and shady dealings all over the world seek only to corrupt society like a cavity rots a once prime wall of enamel. It's in this world that gods and the belief in magic is no more. Miracles no longer exist and science can only serve to heal the wounded and the disturbed. Without good in this world, where can one create innocence? A lonely alchemist seeks to bring magic back to this forsaken place we call home. This journey to bring back the once worshiped gods that made our world does not come without it's fair share of trials. What's a poor alchemist to do that to create life, create innocence? It is in this innocence that a construct was made in the shape of a warrior who couldn't feel pain. Standing as the alchemist's warrior, they travel into a modern world of air polluting vehicles and star obstructing skyscrapers to reclaim the elements that once made this earth whole.

Space Cowboy X Unidentified Lifeform MXM or MXF
It's the year 40XX and the intergalactic federation thrives with cities spanning the various galaxies. A bevvy of civilizations and creatures exist on floating space stations all over the cosmos as if they were multiverses! It's in this forever expanding world that crime is still punishable by law. The fastest moving trend in making a living comes in the form of cold blooded mercenary and a certain experienced man of the very same trade just so happens to be in the federations employ. Never in the history of the federations existence had they ever come across a criminal that needed to be taken down this badly and only this particular bounty hunter had the notable skills and reputation to make him worth contacting. The time has come for him to claim the bounty of a lifetime and enough credits in his wallet to retire early. He never thought his life would change until he found a visitor lodged in the very engine of his ship. He thought all would be well if he turned the creature into the federation until he's suddenly chased away by the very people he sought to collect his money from! With a bounty on his head larger than the last, he finds himself being chased down by the entire solar system! On a journey he didn't ask for and a creature he still doesn't understand, he runs for his life!

Red X Trio - MXMXM
Society has all but written off the outcasts. Politicians and leaders from around the globe have trimmed the fat to remove every person they deemed an activists against their beliefs. Marshall law runs our once proud globe and it's believed that no one could stand a chance at gaining anything in this world without following their strict regime. That was of course until The Red X sprang into the scene. The Red X is a trio of criminal masterminds dedicated to shifting the balances of power in favor of whoever pays them the most money. They're essentially terrorists who methodically choose their targets and their charges for large sums of cash, paid to them usually by the worlds most powerful leaders. At once they were believed to be nothing but a small nuisance. It wasn't until they were rumored to be able to shut down an entire countries electrical grid that things became too serious to keep quiet. No one knows how many there are, but rumors tell of them working in a group. In reality there are only three. A charismatic leader and master of espionage, a cold hearted killer with his eyes ever unflinching and a hacker whose frail body belies his incredible intelligence. They are the Red X Trio and where the world seeks to forever maintain balance, they exist to add weights to an already broken scale.

Two survivors - MXM or MXF
No one ever remembers how these things start. They're never sure if the movie specifies whether or not it was an airborne virus or a mistake opening up portals to another dimension. No one ever remembers why zombie apocalypses happen and people always wonder what they would do if zombies were coming for them. Some cocky men would eagerly hope to impress their girlfriends with half-hearted tales about what they would do in the face of mindless flesh hungry monsters and girls giggle as they admit their weakness and joke about how they'd quickly die off without their phone or access to their cars. No one is ever ready for when their fantasy horror movie becomes a brutal reality. Just two weeks ago, an assassin stood with a knife in his hand in the shadows and the son/daughter of his target ratted him out after catching just a glimpse of him. His first failed mission ever. Now he and the snitch that caused his failure find themselves locked in a bunker while chemical warfare leaves the world above them crawling with mindless creatures hell bent on killing any trace of life in their site. Armed with their wits and handicapped by a set of handcuffs keeping them bound, they navigate through a heady wasteland of bodies to find the truth. Why were they left in that bunker? Why are they together of all combinations of people? Why is this world a mess? No one ever remembers how these things start but they're sure as hell not going to let this be the end.

Alright everyone! That's all I've got so far on this episode of Shannon's ideas. I thank you again for reading or even perusing. If my ideas are not your cup of tea but something about my eagerness or writing caught your attention, let me know and we can plot until our socks come off! I have a good feeling about this place ya'll so let's be friends and let's hang out! I will add more so stay tuned but in the meantime...

Call me Shan, call me Shannon, just don't call me late for dinner! I'll see you guys! <3 <3

Hi! I'd be interested in writing with you. The survivors and the Alchemist strike me as most interesting out of the list provided.

In fairness, here is a little about me:
  • CST, if that matters.
  • My work schedule, at the moment, is mostly consistent. Sometimes I have clients who come in unexpectedly, but a lot are by appointment so I'm fairly certain about when I am and am not available.
  • Happy to write romance. Slow burn, hate turned to love, unrequited love.
  • I have a strict inability to play a single character. I, personally, believe this is great for 1x1 writing because it means that I'm more than happy to fill in with NPCs and secondary characters (life would be incredibly boring if you only ever interacted with a single person day in and day out, and I feel this applies to stories as well).
  • I'm partial to playing females when possible, but that's just because in most writing I get stuck playing the male. However, I say that but I'm really happy to play either. I'm not terribly picky.

I wouldn't mind trying out the survivor rp if your still searching for someone to rp with.
I understand about being a cashier as that is what i am but my schedule is set as i have a daughter and can only work certain days.
My posts in the beginning can either be long or short depending on the time of day, but once i get started the length of the posts can and should be between 2 to 3 paragraphs (also depending on if im on my phone or not ^^')

If you have any questions just ask me and i will answer them the best i can CX

Yello Yello! Pleasure to make your acquaintance!

Currently in online school so my schuedual is sparatotic! I’m primarially a night owl!

If you’d be willing! I’d love to help and entertain you best I can!

I try to reply daily but I’m working on two massive papers, and lately I’ve had an emotional rut where I drop to a week! Sorry in advance but just reach out and contact me and I’ll reply as soon as I can!

Past that, good job on the list! How about that Soace Cowboy and Alien? Curious where that will go!

Back