Returning User Back in the Circle

Valen

Hello all, I’m not really good at introductions to begin with, let alone second introductions I guess. I was active here a good few years ago but haven’t been rp’ing a while for one reason or another. I find myself missing that RP craving now that I used to enjoy indulging in and am looking to get back into things.

I’m not sure who is still active here from around the time I was last here but those of you who have rp’d with me before know what I’m about....very wordy, impossibly complex character and deep stories are my raison d’etre. I’m a storyteller first and foremost and I love to weave and build detailed and emotional stories where I can.

So hi, it’s good to be back!

Hello Valen! Good to meet you. I stumbled across this forum when i was looking for a forum with lots of rp-ers. I'm fairly new to RP and joined here almost a couple of months ago.
I like that you write in detail, i'm also an aspiring story-teller, and want to better my skills in storytelling.
Do you like fantasy RP?

Hey there, yes, having been brought up on a large diet of fantasy novels and D&D its fair to say that I'm a bit of a nut when it comes to fantasy rp.

Outwith that I also find myself with a bit of a want for Sci-Fi (Space Opera variety) and Post-Apocalyptic settings recently as well.

That was one of the things that drew me to the site initially was the collaborative storytelling aspect of things, which is something I'm a huge fan of. Some of the early role-plays I was involved with here way back then were absolutely amazing and its something I'm hoping to be able to recapture here.

I mean how can you rate anything past fantasy and sci fi opera? To be honest in my opinion, those are the kings and queens of storytelling, though me telling that is biased cause... well duh... I'm also a nut for crazy fantasy, but in all honesty what is better to recreate a real-life scene exactly as it is in real life and play in it? Or to create the exact same scene only this time on an alien world or a parallel universe and add technology and magic to it?

The best stories in my opinion are those that seem very detailed on the mundane and simple stuff and have a supernatural or sci-fi element in them that is seldom revealed and when it is revealed it creates that sense of awe and wonder in the characters.
Though i do like to go straight out crazy with fantasy and lose my head as i found out i did when i created my first RP ever...
That is literally here...

Tell me i'm not mad after you look a bit through it : The Expansion of The Arothai

Back