Status
Not open for further replies.

Sark

Im-im-impossible!!
Prologue
"To Be A Master"

"Skill and Spiritt… Reflect upon what it is that you lack and this child has.... Admit Defeat and Confer..."
~The Master of the Dragon Clan

View attachment 3975
"This is it, ladies and gentlemen!" The announcer screamed over the roar of the stadium. "The final bout of our Exhibition Battle has begun! Both trainers are down to their final Pokémon! It could go either way!"

The Gengar smiled and snickered, staring down its opponent. The opposing Nidoran crouched cautiously mere meters away, hesitant. A determined look burned within its eyes.

"Gengar!" The first trainer cried, pointing towards his ghostly champion. "Hit him with a shadow sneak!"

"Get ready, Nids!" His foe screamed. "Counter it with Sucker Punch!"

The camera flickered back and forth between the two poison type monsters as they began to charge. Dark power leaped from their skin. Every pounding foot or hoof that struck the dirt whipped up a tumbling tower of dust and dirt. Soon, they two fighters had crossed the area, and, with an eruption of light.

The arena held its breath. Gamblers cried and cheered. Both trainers swallowed hard. After a dozen long seconds, the dust began to clear.

"Stunning! A critical hit! Nidoran is unable to battle! I am proud to declare Breed Aaron and his Gengar the victors of this first exhibition match!"

Both Pokémon's health stats popped up on screen. Gengar had survived with only 5 HP remaining!

"Save some of excitement, Pokémon fans, because the first annual Rainbow World Tournament has only just begun!! Our qualifiers will be starting shortly... But first, here is a message from our Sponsors; Team Rainbow Rocket. Reformed. Reborn. Righteous. R--"

View attachment 3977
[BZZT-PEW]

A Magnemite zapped the small television that sat in the top right corner of the Locker room with a flickering Thundershock. Its picture melted into static, and the announcer's voice faded away into white noise. Two Rocket Grunts stepped into the room, holding clipboards in their right arms.

"--Glad that thing's off..." The first muttered. "Ma always told me TV rots your brains..."

The second jabbed the first in his ribs with her clip board.

"Hey! Ma also said that you can't hit me anymore!"

"Well, Ma's not here! Now shut up, brother. We've got a job to do"

"Fine, Sis. We'll so out stupid jobs..."

The second Grunt exhaled and composed herself. She adjusted her hat and performed her best scowl. She couldn't hold it for long. As much as she hated to admit it, she was excited too.
View attachment 3974
"I'm sorry about him. He only got the job because I put in a good word with bosses, but, right now, I wish I hadn't. What we came here to say was: 'Welcome to the One-and-Only-Officially-Recognised-Pokémon-League!' Now, don't go confusing this with your run-of-the-mill national league--- no sir! You are about to make history; here today, we will be crowing our First World Pokémon Champion!"

"Not that its gonna be any of you guys--"

The first grunt was jabbed again.

"Hey!--"

"What my brother was trying to say was you've all been chosen to participate in the Freshman bracket of the tournament. Once we separate the Usarings from the Teddiursas, the winners of this bracket will go on to face the winners of our other two brackets- the Gym Leader Bracket and the Champion Bracket. The overall winners will face off against Team Rainbow Rocket's hand-selected Elite Four and True-Champion. Survive all that? The World is Yours. Simple as that."

The second grunt unpinned a set of flyers from her clip board and passed them around the crowd of Freshman-Tier trainers.

"Here are the pitches you're all scheduled to play on today. Due to the sheer number of applicants, the Freshman Bracket will made up of a series of Double Battles. You've all been in Double Battles, right? You and a partner both pick your 3 strongest Pokémon before the match starts, and duke it out in a classic 2 on 2 match. Our glorious leader selected your partners himself, so don't go complaining!"

Pitch B
Biker Bernie
and Scientist Grant Vs. Rancher Alphonse Star and Sky Trainer Austin

Pitch C
Pokémon Trainer Mei Song
and Master Veronica Vs. Magician Johnny Nibles and Lorekeeper Zinnia

Pitch D
Biker Grant Wilson
and Pokémon Trainer Green Vs. Idol Sora Seizonsha and Poke-Maniac Bill
"Before you start cursing out your opponents or holding hands with your partners, you might want to get you Pokémon ready. We've got hundreds of battle items locked up inside these lockers. Berries. Focus Bands. Choice Specs. You name it. We stock it. And you're free to help yourself."

"And now that that is all out of the way... I've got one last question; who here wants to be a Pokémon Master?"

As the Locker Room erupted into chatter and gossip, several key figures stuck out from the crowd. Should Micha and Martha search for Edwin and Christian, they would find their respective battle partners sizing each other up in the corner of the room. After getting a little too close to the taller, larger trainer, Edwin would find himself being pushed backwards by a large man-hand, which only seemed to set him off further.

"Hey hey hey, ease up, little man..."

"Little Man? That's it. I swear to Arceus I've had it with you, you Muk-sucking has-been! You keep your hands off me!!"

Bernie and Alphonse would find their battle partners casually catting the in the corner. Austin and Grant seemed to get along quite well, until Austin whispered something into Grants ear. Stunned by whatever Austin had revealed, Grant began to head for the door, brushing lightly past Alphonse before running straight into Bernie. We was sent tumbling to the floor, his glasses vanishing into the sea of feet in the process.

"I gotta grab some air. Sorry. Gotta Go. Don't wait up"

Mei would find Veronica being swarmed by fans both young and old, each scrambling to ask her a question about her radio show. Reaching about the sea of bodies, she gestured for Mei to come close, before glancing back down towards her followers and smiling a manufactured smile back at them. Johhny would find Zinnia sitting alone in the corner, comforting her Whismer. The roar of the ground appeared to have startled the poor Pokémon, giving it the jitters.

As soon as the teams were announced, Grant would be approached by Green. With a wink and a bow, she pulled a small, lightly scratched Pokeball from her bag and offered it to the Biker.

View attachment 3976

"Hey hey hey big fella!" She winked. "Can't help but notice that you've got some pretty fancy Pokémon in that bag of yours! How about you do a nice young lady a favour and trade her that Chandelure for her Clefa?"

Sora would also be approached first by her battle partner, who would enthusiastically grab her hand and force it to shake his.

"Bill. Sorry. Should have been clearer. My name's Bill. I'm a fan. And a Pokémon-- I mean-- Pokemaniac.. Expert in all things Pokémon first, but a fan of your music second. A close second."

Cast List
@Yun Lee as Biker Bernie
@Lucky as Magician Johnny Nimbles
@Takumi as Pokémon Trainer Mei Song
@Jackythejack as Rancher Alphonse Starr
@Crow as Pokémon Trainer Micha
@Jeremi as Biker Grant Wilson
@Minerva as Ranger Martha Fee
@Gummi Bunnies as Idol Sora Seizonsha​

Last edited:
"Hey now, it's okay buddy!" Grant would find a large hand offered to him as his partner gave him a warm smile. "Careful, now. Don't want you knocking yourself out before the battle!"

Despite the joke, Bernie was a little concerned for his teammate. He looked at the younger trainer who Grant had been talking to, raising an eyebrow. This kid wasn't trying to unnerve Grant before the battle, was he? That'd be in poor taste. But whatever, he wasn't Bernie's concern. "Take all the time you need. When you're ready, we can talk strategy!"

"Dede!" From his vest pocket, a little Dedenne poked its head out, as if adding to the conversation itself.

@Sark @Jackythejack

Alphonse was...admittedly a little confused. He just saw his partner having a nice chat with one of the other trainers, and suddenly the smart guy in the white coat wanted to hightail it outta there, running past Alphonse in the process. The farm town boy frowned as he watched the scientist run off. He shrugged and approached Austin, offering out a hand.

“Well, I take it your Austin, right? Pleasure to meet you. The name’s Alphonse. Looking forward to being yer partner!”

Johnny Nimbles

Johnny would walk over to Lorekeeper Zinnia and would lean down to the Whismur. " Hey, hey, nothing to be scared of little guy, just a little shaking. It will be fine." He would help JITTERS down who would also give the Whsimur a reassuring pet. " So, I'm Johnny, your partner, street magician. So, if I may ask, what are you thinking to bring into the battle?"

@Sark

The tan-skinned, blonde-haired gyaru strolls along, and among the things that made her stood out was a slouchy socks that decorated her shoes. Right beside her was a Jolteon donning a fedora and a pair of dark, stylized sunglasses, constantly tipping them.

Her style that reflected rebellion was a contrast to Martha's order.

Before she left to meet with her partner Edwin, she had just one question for the Rainbow Rocket Grunts.

"Ya~ hallo~," the girl winks as she places a couple of fingers in a V-shape next to her open eye, "you said 'you name it, we stock it?' Hmmm... does that, like, include..."

She leans towards the female grunt very closely and whispers in her ear.

"... Mega Stones..."

@Sark

Prologue
"To Be A Master"

"Skill and Spiritt… Reflect upon what it is that you lack and this child has.... Admit Defeat and Confer..."

View attachment 3975
"This is it, ladies and gentlemen!" The announcer screamed over the roar of the stadium. "The final bout of our Exhibition Battle has begun! Both trainers are down to their final Pokémon! It could go either way!"

The Gengar smiled and snickered, staring down its opponent. The opposing Nidoran crouched cautiously mere meters away, hesitant. A determined look burned within its eyes.

"Gengar!" The first trainer cried, pointing towards his ghostly champion. "Hit him with a shadow sneak!"

The camera flickered back and forth between the two poison type monsters as they began to charge. Dark power leaped from their skin. Every pounding foot or hoof that struck the dirt whipped up a tumbling tower of dust and dirt. Soon, they two fighters had crossed the area, and, with an eruption of light.

The arena held its breath. Gamblers cried and cheered. Both trainers swallowed hard. After a dozen long seconds, the dust began to clear.

"Stunning! A critical hit! Nidoran is unable to battle! I am proud to declare Breed Aaron and his Gengar the victors of this first exhibition match!"

Both Pokémon's health stats popped up on screen. Gengar had survived with only 5 HP remaining!

"Save some of excitement, Pokémon fans, because the first annual Rainbow World Tournament has only just begun!! Our qualifiers will be starting shortly... But first, here is a message from our Sponsors; Team Rainbow Rocket. Reformed. Reborn. Righteous. R--"

View attachment 3977
[BZZT-PEW]

A Magnemite zapped the small television that sat in the top right corner of the Locker room with a flickering Thundershock. Its picture melted into static, and the announcer's voice faded away into white noise. Two Rocket Grunts stepped into the room, holding clipboards in their right arms.

"--Glad that thing's off..." The first muttered. "Ma always told me TV rots your brains..."

The second Grunt exhaled and composed herself. She adjusted her hat and performed her best scowl. She couldn't hold it for long. As much as she hated to admit it, she was excited too.
View attachment 3974
"I'm sorry about him. He only got the job because I put in a good word with bosses, but, right now, I wish I hadn't. What we came here to say was: 'Welcome to the One-and-Only-Officially-Recognised-Pokémon-League!' Now, don't go confusing this with your run-of-the-mill national league--- no sir! You are about to make history; here today, we will be crowing our First World Pokémon Champion!"

"Hey!--"

"What my brother was trying to say was you've all been chosen to participate in the Freshman bracket of the tournament. Once we separate the Usarings from the Teddiursas, the winners of this bracket will go on to face the winners of our other two brackets- the Gym Leader Bracket and the Champion Bracket. The overall winners will face off against Team Rainbow Rocket's hand-selected Elite Four and True-Champion. Survive all that? The World is Yours. Simple as that."

The second grunt unpinned a set of flyers from her clip board and passed them around the crowd of Freshman-Tier trainers.

"Here are the pitches you're all scheduled to play on today. Due to the sheer number of applicants, the Freshman Bracket will made up of a series of Double Battles. You've all been in Double Battles, right? You and a partner both pick your 3 strongest Pokémon before the match starts, and duke it out in a classic 2 on 2 match. Our glorious leader selected your partners himself, so don't go complaining!"

Pitch B
Biker Bernie

Pitch C
Pokémon Trainer Mei Song

Pitch D
Biker Grant Wilson
"Before you start cursing out your opponents or holding hands with your partners, you might want to get you Pokémon ready. We've got hundreds of battle items locked up inside these lockers. Berries. Focus Bands. Choice Specs. You name it. We stock it. And you're free to help yourself."

"And now that that is all out of the way... I've got one last question; who here wants to be a Pokémon Master?"

As the Locker Room erupted into chatter and gossip, several key figures stuck out from the crowd. Should Micha and Martha search for Edwin and Christian, they would find their respective battle partners sizing each other up in the corner of the room. After getting a little too close to the taller, larger trainer, Edwin would find himself being pushed backwards by a large man-hand, which only seemed to set him off further.

"Little Man? That's it. I swear to Arceus I've had it with you, you Muk-sucking has-been! You keep your hands off me!!"

Bernie and Alphonse would find their battle partners casually catting the in the corner. Austin and Grant seemed to get along quite well, until Austin whispered something into Grants ear. Stunned by whatever Austin had revealed, Grant began to head for the door, brushing lightly past Alphonse before running straight into Bernie. We was sent tumbling to the floor, his glasses vanishing into the sea of feet in the process.

Mei would find Veronica being swarmed by fans both young and old, each scrambling to ask her a question about her radio show. Reaching about the sea of bodies, she gestured for Mei to come close, before glancing back down towards her followers and smiling a manufactured smile back at them. Johhny would find Zinnia sitting alone in the corner, comforting her Whismer. The roar of the ground appeared to have startled the poor Pokémon, giving it the jitters.

As soon as the teams were announced, Grant would be approached by Green. With a wink and a bow, she pulled a small, lightly scratched Pokeball from her bag and offered it to the Biker.

View attachment 3976

"Hey hey hey big fella!" She winked. "Can't help but notice that you've got some pretty fancy Pokémon in that bag of yours! How about you do a nice young lady a favour and trade her that Chandelure for her Clefa?"

Sora would also be approached first by her battle partner, who would enthusiastically grab her hand and force it to shake his.

"Bill. Sorry. Should have been clearer. My name's Bill. I'm a fan. And a Pokémon-- I mean-- Pokemaniac.. Expert in all things Pokémon first, but a fan of your music second. A close second."

Cast List
@Yun Lee as Biker Bernie

Mei frowned as the tv was zapped, a small huff escaping her as she added a bandage to her knee. In fact, she had quite a few bandages on her legs from scrapes and scratches, but given how she never had the forethought of wearing long pants when she let her Pokemon onto her lap or when playing it wasn't too surprising. Rex sat by her feet wagging happily as the grunts talked, not bothering to pay attention to them. That was Mei's job anyway. Speaking of, Mei was listening closely as she scratched at one of her bandages, so Rex went back to doing his own thing for the time being.

Once teams were given, she hopped to her feet and took a quick glance around before making her way to the large group gathered and politely shoved her way through, maybe jabbing her elbow into one or two people accidentally, Rex on her heels yipping and barking at people's ankles while his tail wagged so hard it was practically a blur.

Once beside Veronica, Mei grinned up at her, while Rex made himself comfortable in her arms and settled down to content wagging.

"Mei Song, nice to meet you! I hope we get along well." She greeted as she dug through a small satchel to sort out her Pokemon still in their Pokeballs, and said satchel looked like the Rockruff in her arms got ahold of it with his teeth in one corner.

@Sark

Alphonse was...admittedly a little confused. He just saw his partner having a nice chat with one of the other trainers, and suddenly the smart guy in the white coat wanted to hightail it outta there, running past Alphonse in the process. The farm town boy frowned as he watched the scientist run off. He shrugged and approached Austin, offering out a hand.

“Well, I take it your Austin, right? Pleasure to meet you. The name’s Alphonse. Looking forward to being yer partner!”
View attachment 3978
"Oh, hey, you must be Alphonse..." Austin muttered, staring straight through his partner and off into the crowd. "So... you got any... strategies? Sorry if I seem... out of it..." He peered around Alphonse, using his body to shield him from the eyes of other trainers. "I was hoping to start a friendly rivalry with our opponents... but it looks like that scientist has other things in mind... and certain prejudices he can't look past..."

@Jackythejack
Johnny Nimbles

Johnny would walk over to Lorekeeper Zinnia and would lean down to the Whismur. " Hey, hey, nothing to be scared of little guy, just a little shaking. It will be fine." He would help JITTERS down who would also give the Whsimur a reassuring pet. " So, I'm Johnny, your partner, street magician. So, if I may ask, what are you thinking to bring into the battle?"
View attachment 3979
"Oh HEY!" The girl cried, raising her voice until half the room turned and threw her a glare. He sudden shout seemed to set her Whismer off even more. Before she could come to terms with what she had done, the purple fluffy ball erupted into a fit of shivers and whimper. "Gah! I'm sorry, Aster! Guess I let all this excitement get to me. I can feel my pulse racing, little guy! Be you can feel that energy too an--" Her eyes rolled back up to Johnny, a stunned looked on her face. "Gah!!! I forgot! Hey! I'm Zinnia, by the way. Great to meet ya! And this little guy is Aster! Say hi!" The small creature simply curled up into itself. Johnny's pats helped to calm it down a little, but it still seemed incredibly anxious. "Sheeee doesn't fare well with strangers. But don't take it personally. Oh!" She shook her head suddenly, as if a memory had just leaped back into her head. "I bring dragons! I bring big ol' Mega Dragons to the plate! What about you?"

@Lucky

The tan-skinned, blonde-haired gyaru strolls along, and among the things that made her stood out was a slouchy socks that decorated her shoes. Right beside her was a Jolteon donning a fedora and a pair of dark, stylized sunglasses, constantly tipping them.

Her style that reflected rebellion was a contrast to Martha's order.

Before she left to meet with her partner Edwin, she had just one question for the Rainbow Rocket Grunts.

"Ya~ hallo~," the girl winks as she places a couple of fingers in a V-shape next to her open eye, "you said 'you name it, we stock it?' Hmmm... does that, like, include..."

She leans towards the female grunt very closely and whispers in her ear.

"... Mega Stones..."

@Sark
"MEGA STONES?" The Grunt shouted, throwing subtlety to the wind. "I think we stock Mega Stones. Hey, brother?"

"Yeah?" The male grunt snapped, having been pulled away from a deep thought.

"Do we stock Mega Stones?"

"Mega Stones?"

"Yeah! Mega Stones!"

"I... dunno!"

"Then get on the radio and ask the guys in packing whether they received any Mega Stones this week--"

Soon, the whole room knew that one among them was searching for a Mega Stone.
View attachment 3981
"Your wasting your time with those criminal buffoons. You want a Mega Stone? You come to me." Edwin interjected, brushing off the edges of his cape. "We in the Dragon Tribe have more than enough resources to lend to..." He looked Micha up and down. "...The needy. What stone do you need? I'll be happy to lend you whatever you require, as long as it brings us closer to cutting that vile Beartic in the corner down a few pegs..."

@Crow
"Hey now, it's okay buddy!" Grant would find a large hand offered to him as his partner gave him a warm smile. "Careful, now. Don't want you knocking yourself out before the battle!"

Despite the joke, Bernie was a little concerned for his teammate. He looked at the younger trainer who Grant had been talking to, raising an eyebrow. This kid wasn't trying to unnerve Grant before the battle, was he? That'd be in poor taste. But whatever, he wasn't Bernie's concern. "Take all the time you need. When you're ready, we can talk strategy!"

"Dede!" From his vest pocket, a little Dedenne poked its head out, as if adding to the conversation itself.

@Sark @Jackythejack
"Ah! Yes! Quite right, Quite right... I'll just... grab some air and then I'll...." The Scientist trailed off. His flustered state seemed to fade away as soon as Grant's glasses found their way back onto his face. "Holy Kricketots! That's a Dedenne!!" He clumsily clambered to his feet, accidentally kicking a trainer behind him in the process. After a momentary apology, his eyes darted back towards the electric mouse. "I've... been reading about these Pokémon, but my... I've never seen one this close before! They are... truly remarkable! The world's first Electric Fairy Type! They're capable of developing the 'plus' ability, correct? Its the 'Ying' to my Minun's 'Yang'!!! What amazing pokemon the wider regions have produced!!" Within moments, Grant had forgotten himself completely, surrendering himself completely to his excitement. It was as if his fears had been plucked straight from his skull. "Ah--- Sorry. I've gotten ahead of myself. I'm Scientist Grant." He stretched out his palm, "I'll be your battling partner today. Maybe. Hopefully. If... my instincts are false..."

@Yun Lee
Mei frowned as the tv was zapped, a small huff escaping her as she added a bandage to her knee. In fact, she had quite a few bandages on her legs from scrapes and scratches, but given how she never had the forethought of wearing long pants when she let her Pokemon onto her lap or when playing it wasn't too surprising. Rex sat by her feet wagging happily as the grunts talked, not bothering to pay attention to them. That was Mei's job anyway. Speaking of, Mei was listening closely as she scratched at one of her bandages, so Rex went back to doing his own thing for the time being.

Once teams were given, she hopped to her feet and took a quick glance around before making her way to the large group gathered and politely shoved her way through, maybe jabbing her elbow into one or two people accidentally, Rex on her heels yipping and barking at people's ankles while his tail wagged so hard it was practically a blur.

Once beside Veronica, Mei grinned up at her, while Rex made himself comfortable in her arms and settled down to content wagging.

"Mei Song, nice to meet you! I hope we get along well." She greeted as she dug through a small satchel to sort out her Pokemon still in their Pokeballs, and said satchel looked like the Rockruff in her arms got ahold of it with his teeth in one corner.

@Sark
"Ahh, the pleasure is all mine!" Veronica smiled as she stretched out her hand to gently pet the yapping Rockruff. "Now, isn't he a sweet little thing. Reminds me of my precious Ta-ta back in the day. My, to think that he was one as quant and small as your darling Rockruff once upon a time... Its been so long!" She laughed a Hollywood laugh. "Where are my manners! My name is Veronica, though, you might have already known that. I've been in this game for a while. Now tell me child; what other darling Pokémon have your brought with you today?"

@Takumi

“Prejudices?” The rancher asked with a frown, running a hand through his hair with a confused expression. “Anything you want to talk about it is that something you’d rather be quiet about?”

When asked about whether he had any strategies, the boy shrugged. “What kind o’ pokemon ya got? I’m sure we can come up with some plan.”

View attachment 3978
"Oh, hey, you must be Alphonse..." Austin muttered, staring straight through his partner and off into the crowd. "So... you got any... strategies? Sorry if I seem... out of it..." He peered around Alphonse, using his body to shield him from the eyes of other trainers. "I was hoping to start a friendly rivalry with our opponents... but it looks like that scientist has other things in mind... and certain prejudices he can't look past..."

@Jackythejack

View attachment 3979
"Oh HEY!" The girl cried, raising her voice until half the room turned and threw her a glare. He sudden shout seemed to set her Whismer off even more. Before she could come to terms with what she had done, the purple fluffy ball erupted into a fit of shivers and whimper. "Gah! I'm sorry, Aster! Guess I let all this excitement get to me. I can feel my pulse racing, little guy! Be you can feel that energy too an--" Her eyes rolled back up to Johnny, a stunned looked on her face. "Gah!!! I forgot! Hey! I'm Zinnia, by the way. Great to meet ya! And this little guy is Aster! Say hi!" The small creature simply curled up into itself. Johnny's pats helped to calm it down a little, but it still seemed incredibly anxious. "Sheeee doesn't fare well with strangers. But don't take it personally. Oh!" She shook her head suddenly, as if a memory had just leaped back into her head. "I bring dragons! I bring big ol' Mega Dragons to the plate! What about you?"

@Lucky

"MEGA STONES?" The Grunt shouted, throwing subtlety to the wind. "I think we stock Mega Stones. Hey, brother?"

"Mega Stones?"

"Yeah! Mega Stones!"

"I... dunno!"

"Then get on the radio and ask the guys in packing whether they received any Mega Stones this week--"

View attachment 3981
"Your wasting your time with those criminal buffoons. You want a Mega Stone? You come to me." Edwin interjected, brushing off the edges of his cape. "We in the Dragon Tribe have more than enough resources to lend to..." He looked Micha up and down. "...The needy. What stone do you need? I'll be happy to lend you whatever you require, as long as it brings us closer to cutting that vile Beartic in the corner down a few pegs..."

@Crow

"Ah! Yes! Quite right, Quite right... I'll just... grab some air and then I'll...." The Scientist trailed off. His flustered state seemed to fade away as soon as Grant's glasses found their way back onto his face. "Holy Kricketots! That's a Dedenne!!" He clumsily clambered to his feet, accidentally kicking a trainer behind him in the process. After a momentary apology, his eyes darted back towards the electric mouse. "I've... been reading about these Pokémon, but my... I've never seen one this close before! They are... truly remarkable! The world's first Electric Fairy Type! They're capable of developing the 'plus' ability, correct? Its the 'Ying' to my Minun's 'Yang'!!! What amazing pokemon the wider regions have produced!!" Within moments, Grant had forgotten himself completely, surrendering himself completely to his excitement. It was as if his fears had been plucked straight from his skull. "Ah--- Sorry. I've gotten ahead of myself. I'm Scientist Grant." He stretched out his palm, "I'll be your battling partner today. Maybe. Hopefully. If... my instincts are false..."

@Yun Lee

"Ahh, the pleasure is all mine!" Veronica smiled as she stretched out her hand to gently pet the yapping Rockruff. "Now, isn't he a sweet little thing. Reminds me of my precious Ta-ta back in the day. My, to think that he was one as quant and small as your darling Rockruff once upon a time... Its been so long!" She laughed a Hollywood laugh. "Where are my manners! My name is Veronica, though, you might have already known that. I've been in this game for a while. Now tell me child; what other darling Pokémon have your brought with you today?"

@Takumi

"Yeah, this friendly fella is Rex." Mei introduced proudly as Rex happily nuzzled into Veronica's hand. "My dad's a fan actually, we would listen to your show almost every morning. He thinks you're a rather inspiring woman, by the way." Mei spoke, chuckling to herself at the end.

"Ah, I have my Gabite Fang, my Noibat Echo, and my Skrelp Zaza. This is a pretty good opprotunity for us to train, especially if we're gonna be fighting with you, then I'm sure there's a lot me and my buds can learn." Mei spoke, though she didn't release her other Pokemon due to the current crowded space. Besides, she still needed to pick two others to use for now.

She also didn't know too much about her current opponents either, so this'll be interesting.

@Sark

"Mega Stones?"

"Yeah! Mega Stones!"

"I... dunno!"

View attachment 3981

@Crow

"Man, aren't those a bunch of weird guys~," Micha ponders as she sees the Rainbow Rocket Grunts acting all jumbly, then turns to her assigned partner and the Dragon Clan member, Edwin.

"So you're my partner for the tourney huh? That ain't half bad~," Micha greets, "Ya~ hallo~. Name's Micha. This over here is JoJo~."

The Jolteon raises a paw, tips his sunglasses and tips his fedora.

"And the one you're looking for~... she's right over here! Come on out~."

Micha tosses a Dive Ball into the air, and in a flash of red light, what appeared to be a great white cloud appeared.

"Aaaahhh.... Altaria, you're so soft... I'm so glad I ended up evolving you~..." Micha immediately rubs her face into this cloud's soft plushness as a light blue beaked head peers out, looking left to right.

@Sark

Prologue
"To Be A Master"

View attachment 3975

View attachment 3977
[BZZT-PEW]

View attachment 3974

"Hey!--"

Pitch B
Biker Bernie

Pitch C
Pokémon Trainer Mei Song

Pitch D
Biker Grant Wilson

View attachment 3976

Cast List
@Yun Lee as Biker Bernie

Grant had been standing absent minded from the others when Green came up to him. At the offer of trading he looked at her like she had two heads. "Yeah sorry, missy." Came is abrupt reply. "Me and my Chandelure are quite close. On top of that I don't like to trade. Makes you think their disposable when that ain't the case at all." Grant could already tell that this was going to be a chore.

@Sark

Plus? Minus? Abilities?

What?

Oh boy...had he just jumped into something he wasn't even close to prepared for? Bernie still smiled, but there was a flash of pure panic in his eyes. What happened to the good old days of just catching a Pokemon and fighting with it? Did the kids find some crazy new things to make it complicated?

Forgetting all that for now, the daycare owner decided to return focus to his teammate. "Nice to meet ya, Grant! The name's Bernie." Taking Grant's hand to give him a handshake, Bernie put his other up to his pocket, allowing the little Dedenne to hop out. "Pumkin here's the youngest out of my team, but he's not afraid to stand his ground!"

"Denene!"

"Plus he's cute as heck, too." Though Bernie then registered that last bit. "Uh...your instincts...?"

@Sark @Jackythejack

Johnny Nimble

" Well, if you must know-" he replied to her, now behind her, wit the same Pichu on his shoulder. " You might want to look back at where I was," he replied to Zinnia. Standing where he had been, there was now a zorark with an Abra peeking out of the human clothes that he had been wearing from before. " I run a team of pokemon that work well with my magic tricks, a ditto, a Zorark, Abra, Mime Jr and Yamask. This little guy on my shoulder isn't one who likes to fight, he's very non-combative, preferring to stay close to me, though and he also really likes Coffee, probably shouldn't let him share my morning cup, but I don't do the best thing. So, I was thinking of bringing in Depression, Blue and Mystery for our match. My other ones are too little for combat really and don't do too well in battle, mostly to keep the kids entertained though Mime Jr does have a trick or two," he told her with a smile, as he would watch Blue walk over and imitate Aster.

@Sark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back