Battle Royale: Taiwan

Minerva

South of the Border, West of the Sun

battleroyale__________a1.gif

In the wake of a worldwide economic depression, Japan passed the Battle Royale act. This act was meant to terrify the population into obedience as well as cull the population.

Taiwan faced a refugee crisis following an American-Chinese conflict that ended in the nuclear destruction of Shanghai and an American occupied Hong Kong. This led to overpopulation, especially in younger generations. Taiwan's military declared martial law in order to combat the crisis.

Their proposed solution? A game similar to the Japanese Battle Royale was made: Every year, a random high school class was chosen to fight each other to the death on live television. The winner of the competition would be given money, fame, and a full ride to the college of their choice. The losers would be cleaned up by soldiers the next day.

Welcome to the Battle Royale.

images

The School:

Saint John Bosco Academy is a private high school for the children of upper-class Taipei residents. There, students are trained in religious education as well as the normal high school tracks found in normal Taiwanese schools. (It offered a Class IV for seminary students) It also has an emphasis on the military tracks found in

Most students at Saint John Bosco are native Taiwanese, however, several refugees and international students (usually the children of diplomats or businesspeople in Taiwan) have made their way into the school. These students usually tend to keep their head down to avoid being picked on.

This year, the Third Year class of Saint John Bosco Academy was chosen to participate in the Battle Royale.

I'm going for more Battle Royale than The Hunger Games. This means that students will have no time to train, will all know each other because they're schoolmates (through cliques, friendship, bullies, etc.) Also, students will be given a randomized bag of supplies at the beginning, and everyone starts in a different location.

You can play refugees/foreigners if you really want to, but the Taiwanese students shouldn't outnumber those.

There will also be a prologue of characters want to build relationships pre-game.

Last edited:
I'm working on an OoC thread with some more info and a character sheet. I'm glad you all are interested!

Back