Beginner/Practice RP

BrookeDi

Benefactor
So, I would like to have a role play open for people who are new to role play who want something with little commitment required.

The setting is a haunted hotel, and that's about all I got. The reason being is it is something that characters can easily come in and out. This is a chance for the player to practice with a character, or just get used to interacting with other characters. I am willing to give constructive criticism to the players who do join, but I promise it will only be as asked and not something I am just going to force upon you.

I have a few ideas rattling in my mind about how this will work, but I just want to see if there is any interest/need for this kind of role play. If I get a couple of people then I can get a thread set up today.

In order to help with interaction, the only real structure I'm requiring is a small character sheet.

Name:
Race/Entity/etc: (i.e. human, monster thing, vampire, ghost, etc.)
Appearance:

This does not have to be for beginners only, by the way. For those of you who just want a chill, no commitment role play, or want to test drive a character, this would be a good place for experienced players as well.

Name: Bob Harman - Hotel Manager
Race/Entity/etc: Human
Appearance: Tall (6 feet tall) and wiry, a head full of white hair that sticks up in any and every direction. Papery thin skin, and wrinkles that tell a full life.

Name: Chris Sims - Front Desk
Race/Entity/etc: Human
Appearance:
5'5'' and slightly overweight, oily skin with several pimples on the chin and forehead. Usually seen with a book of some sort in his hand.

Name: Gwen Michelle Wilson
Race: Human
Appearance: Gwen has average height, weight, and body build for a 15 year-old girl. She has white skin, black shoulder length hair with a pink hair bow, and green eyes. She wears a white long-sleeved t-shirt, a pink jumper, My Little Pony belt that she must wear at all times, and white tights that cover her feet, and black knee-high go-go boots with side zippers.

Name: Lawrence Dougherty (Goes by Larry)
Race: Ghost
Appearance: One of the most distinctly average individuals you’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting, aside for his slight intangibility. Wears a three-piece suit a little too large for his slight form; he was on his way to an interview when he died. Brown hair, brown eyes, an open, honest face, and a healthy amount of confusion for why he’s now a ghost. Does his best to appear solid, at least around humans, so it may take a bit of observation to notice that he isn’t turning any doorknobs, pulling out any chairs, or generally interacting with his environment.

Name: Gather Rain In Shallow Hiccups After Mourning GRISHAM
Race/Entity/etc: Shapeshifter
Appearance:
He shifts between several main shapes. As a human, he's tall ish, with short ish grey hair and green eyes, also a shaven beard. He'd be around 185 cm tall and dress in whatever comfortable clothes.
Another shape would be a big feline that varies between puma, lioness, black panther, tiger and jaguar with deer antlers on her head. The third shape would be a white barn owl, and the fourth a dog, a rottweiler to be exact.

Name: Roderick Sherman Gallowglas "Rod"
Race: Human?
Werewolf
Glasswalker
Ragabash
Rank 4
Appearance: A fantastically imposing man in form and bearing. Short-cropped sandy blonde hair crowns his head; chiseled, strong features define his visage, punctuated by ice blue eyes that convey the intense, calculating leer of a predator. His physique, too, seems rendered from granite by a master's hand, rendering each cord of toned, ropey muscle. His very presence oft makes the average mortal uncomfortable on some primordial, subconscious level, reminiscent of days when the world was young and mankind, huddled around small fires in dark, dense forests... was not the top of the food chain. Against this grain is yet a second, more subtle aura of primal, magnetic attraction that is equally as difficult to ignore.
This gentleman always dresses smartly, in tailored suits or custom business casual wear, in colors to compliment his winter complexion and make to accent the powerful musculature hidden just beneath the clothes.

Name: Abigail 'Abby' Gallowglas

Race: Human

Appearance: Abby stands at around 5'7'' with longe blonde hair falling to the middle of her back. Tall and statuesque; leggy. She has hazel green eyes, constantly studying sometimes staring as if she sees something that you don't quite...

She's always impeccably dressed, either in business suits or some other, usually designer, dress. On her left hand is a wedding band and sparkling engagement ring.

Last edited:
Name: Darren Lucas Albery

Species:
Phantom

Appearance:
The whole of his ghostly visage is faded into varying shades of grey and black. His gaunt, translucent face, and unkempt black hair drawn back into a small ponytail surprising retain the somewhat roguish and attractive air of his past life. Darren is perpetually trapped in the ragged clothes he died, a threadbare waistcoat over a dingy suit-shirt. His legs are covered a pair of withered slacks that end in frays just below the knees, giving way to feet and calves wrapped in strips of stained cloth. He keeps a small pouch on his belt which holds an endless supply of cheap cigars. He prefers to roll his sleeves up to his elbows, though they always somehow manage to fall back to his wrists. And he often sports an Irish flat-cap atop his head which forever sits crookedly to the left. Lastly all over his body are glowing marks, seeming cuts of light peppered across his form. the cause of these is still unknown.

Name: Hope Oshiro
Race/Entity/etc: Witch
Appearance: Hope is a mixed race girl, being half Japanese and half English. She is around 5'6" and an average weight. She has straight dark hair, coming down to just past her shoulder blades. She has dark brown eyes and pale skin, and has a lot of acne. The only thing that is remarkable about her is somewhat horrifying, and that is that she is always covered in spiders and speaking to them in a hushed voice. She is wearing a set of navy jeans and a light blue t-shirt.

Name: Katherine Adib
Race/Entity/etc: Ghost
Appearance: Kate is a short black girl, standing at 5'2" and towards the larger weight range. She has short, very curly dark hair that sits just around her shoulders, which despite many attempts to tame she struggles to do. She has large brown eyes, though they seem dulled somehow. She wears a school uniform for some private school, with a black pleated skirt, white school blouse, red school tie and a black blazer with the school emblem. In her right calf, there is a very distinctive snake bite that seems to be perpetually bleeding.

Last edited:
Name: Yin Sunesis
Race/Entity/etc: ??? Looks humanoid.
Appearance: Short in stature, only about 5' even. Rail thin. Pale skin. Hair is parted in the middle. One side is white as snow, the other pitch black. A couple of tattoos line her arms.

View attachment 1575
Name: Mackenzie Peterson Irvaron
Race/Entity/etc: A humanoid who has the unique ability to generate static electricity when feeling strong emotions.
Appearance:
Max has a great body physique, thanks to the workout he gets. Quite slender, but not so thin that he could be having some physical issues. His trademark outfit (named "Shine") is a yellow, short-sleeve vest with his name on it and casual black pants.
That is not his only outfit, however, it battle, he's more than commonly wearing a short-sleeve yellow jacket that goes to his waist with a red short-sleeve t-shirt that says "Ready" in big, black, bold letters, all-caps. (So that the person he's facing can see it, he leaves his jacket unzipped.) He is more often than not wearing some orange pants that go to his ankles. This outfit is codenamed "Bull's-Eye."
No matter which outfit he's wearing, he'll wear it with black-and-white sneakers with long, white shoes.

Back