Beware the Dreamers

Reliance

Disclaimer
The following roleplay is rated M and is suitable for mature audiences. This means there will be a bit of colourful language, maybe blood and gore and hopefully a bit of violence.

Tell me a story
In the land that humans would call a fairy tale, war has erupted between the two feuding kingdoms. The King of South and the Queen of North had been bitter rivals for centuries, but had never declared war against the other - fearing that the kingdoms were too evenly matched for a winner to rise up. All until word of the Dreamers began to spread across the lands.

The Dreamers are rare individuals chosen by the gods to walk the earth. They are natural warriors who can enter and manipulate dreams to change one’s subconscious thoughts, but they do not always know what they are nor the full extent of their abilities. Two different Dreamers have been reported from countless subjects of both North and South to have entered their dreams at night. The mere idea of Dreamers existing has sparked an interest of both the King and Queen, knowing a Dreamer could be their key to overthrowing the other.

The most elite soldiers of these Kingdoms were gathered, sharing only a military status and great knowledge of the myths that were Dreamers. Their species and abilities varied greatly but complimented one another, the strategic royals knew that these differences would make their small battalions strong. As the battle raged on between the two Kingdoms, these elite individuals were torn from battle and told to find the Dreamers, threatened with the execution of their families to ensure that they would gather and deliver the precious cargo alive. However, these teams of elite aren’t only versing the other, they are up against bounty hunters who obey only their own laws.

No one knew where the Dreamers were, their very existence was a sheer rumour. Yet the soldiers now depended on capturing a Dreamer, outdoing the opposing elites and surviving the terrain to ensure their families were not executed. The odds were against both groups, but they were soldiers - and soldiers fought to the end.

Tell me where
These lands contain three kingdoms: North, South and West. The Western Kingdom is not participating in this war, however the monarchs are taking no risks and are defending their kingdom in case the battlegrounds spread. The Dreamers are likely to be in the Western Kingdom as neither North or South have found any newcomers.

Tell me who
The soldiers chosen to find the Dreamers obtain a power or simply the characteristics that their species holds. They have trained their entire lives to become the elites that they are, never losing a battle or a mission. However when confronted with the idea of a Dreamer, they are walking on unknown territory.
The Dreamers, like told, are individuals chosen by the gods to walk the earth. They were not born here, they appear on earth with basic knowledge of the world and some basics about themselves and that’s all. Now, how do you tell the difference between a Dreamer and your average individual? Their bodies are covered in tribal-like tattoos that glow when exercising their abilities - luckily for the dreamers, cloaks are a very popular item of clothing throughout the realm. (first in, best dressed to be a Dreamer - lets add a third Dreamer, why not, zazz it up a bit)
Though the elites are assigned to find the Dreamers, bounty hunters are also after the Dreamers. These cunning individuals know a good deal when they see one, and a small fortune from either king or queen - depending on the highest bid - seems like a great deal.

Lovely little rules
No one’s perfect, we all f**k up sometime - yes, even your characters.
A decent paragraph (5+ sentences) is REQUIRED. Develop your skills and give a buddy a nice chunk of information to reply to - it lets the creative juices flow.
Don’t do “the nasty” here, the aforementioned disclaimer is mainly for violence.
Violence is fun - in the roleplay.
Be nice to your fellow roleplayers in OOC.
If I see a need for new rules, I’ll make them.
If there’s any issues or questions, flick a message through to my inbox and hopefully I can sort it out

One last thing...
Does the team prefer to post a character description first or develop your person in the roleplay? (soz, I'm new x)

I completely agree with @Valen , I'm very interested but wondering who we will be playing. Are we allowed to play Dreamers, soldiers, and/or bounty hunters? Are there other "roles" available that aren't very obvious? I have soooooo many questions! :D

In my mind, theres room for 2-3 Dreamers, as many soldiers and bounty hunters as desired. As long as theres a decent sized collection of each group, this storyline should run smoothly.

Awesome! And for the character stuff I'd say probably have a very basic character sheet and then also develop as we go. May I snag a Dreamer? Also, what are your thoughts about non straight characters and trans characters? Just wanna get a feel for what stuff I can do and if I'll be comfortable in the roleplay :D

Sure can! Yeah, i'm pretty open minded with that stuff so do whatchu please.
Now next question, do the character sheets go here or on the actual roleplay? Back on the old site I was on, we smacked the plot, rules and character posts all on the same thread so I'm trying to tailor my organisational skills.

Here I believe. I'm new as well but I see people put the character sheet in the first post of the thread and then the players will put their characters in replying posts.

Eho, just some random person poking in to give their opinion.

I always prefer to have the character sheets within the first posts of the thread. If it is in a interest check thread, then you have to keep flipping back and forth if you need to know things about your characters.

If there is still room, would I be able to join as well?
As for the character sheet option, I prefer to have a sheet to at least have a basic idea on how I want my characters to be, but to create a character without a sheet, would be an interesting experience.

I like roleplays that don't have a quota on how many people can be involved so thats what I do. As long as everyone is happy with the amount of interaction etc that they are getting then let the numbers rise! Although there is a cap on the Dreamers, all the other roles are unlimited. So, if we would like to get this ball rolling...just let me now what role you're intending to be so, as long as we have a good scattering of numbers for each role, we can begin.

2 Dreamers (third optional, but need numbers elsewhere: taken
Bounty hunters: none so far
Elite: none so far

Back