Declan again indicated to Oriana that aside from Tinkerbell and Wendy, who by this point were all eyes on them hitting the dance floor, also nudging Peter and Hook to pay attention, that Ana and Elsa were trouble and she needed to mind them, as he was sure Elsa would try and hit her up for information on Declan or see if Oriana could arrange a liaison of adult nature with Declan for her. The arrival of Lancelot hadn't escaped Declan, though the surprise of the police commissioner Gawain being in his company was there. He let it pass.

Eleanor had taught Declan how to be a gentleman and even the court rituals of dance among other things, though he was going to make a show of this not in a negative way, no in fact he'd make the Ripper jealous, and maybe encourage the distraction of one of Gomez and Morticia's famous, dances...the non erotic ones. The other part of the show was directed at Fergus, though his father wouldn't get it he was sure, though he did see the boys...they were there at the sweets table, watching with awe that their brother was actually with an attractive woman. They'd never let him forget that whole incident with Wendy and Tinkerbell, though any attempt at their older brother was thwarted now with an entry of someone no one had expected to see arrive: Merlin.

Declan was ecstatic to see his uncle arrive of course with the minimal ceremony, it was well known who Merlin was, and it was also known not to mess with him, Mayor White nearly dropped her microphone when he entered silently and found a seat close enough but giving Declan and Oriana space, Fergus had gone beet red at this point, but Eleanor chuckled it off, Merlin was there to look out for Declan. This was true, he was, after all whenever Fergus and the boys were around Merlin viewed it as a three on one advantage that wasn't fair for anyone. Wonka had nearly crapped his pants at the site of Merlin who promptly ordered something that wasn't on the menu, but Wonka eager to please strode off to meet the old druid's request, Nimue had followed her husband in simply to ensure Declan had additional support should Oriana not be able to handle Wendy, Tinkerbell, or Ana and Elsa.

There still was, if Oriana hadn't noticed a bit of confusion in Declan, he was still puzzled on how she wasn't harmed when she touched him, still as they went to the dance floor, he didn't take over in their dance, though to irritate Fergus he leaned in close to her again looking as if he was to kiss her cheek and explained his theory on how Fergus and Eleanor worked so well and how he thought why she put up with him. He also stated something else.

"Watch over my left shoulder as we go round in the dance, this is going to be a real slow dance not a polka, maybe the Ripper will want to cut in...if not you'll get a view of the entire floor complete with the back areas where the kitchens are. I'll watch over your right shoulder, I'll be able to ensure he doesn't get the drop on us, Horvath won't make a move till the unmasking dance at midnight, so no need to fear there. Remember, if needed use your surroundings to help you out of a tough spot."

Declan was going to let Oriana lead in this dance, sure he could have done so, but he enjoyed creating the illusion that he was much less imposing than he really was. This was common mistake many made with him and in this case it could lure the Ripper into some misguided bravado or even over confidence that could help to be his undoing. Declan had no way of knowing of course, but it was worth a shot, after all he and Oriana had planned to use her a form of bait, this was one way, though what they did risk was the wagging of tongues about the nature of their relationship, Elsa could be seen turning red when they stepped on the dance floor, Ana was flirting with one of the Greek statues as she was so blind drunk she couldn't tell.

"If you want, during the polka, I can introduce you to Hercules."

The polka or waltzes were dances that Declan didn't do, Eleanor had always taught the children to not participate in those, not in a mean sense but more of a polite or mingling sense, it was hard to describe. But it was by no means meant as an offensive thing, most of the well to do didn't participate in the polka's or waltzes.

The DJ did make a point to ask for a song from several people, the slow dance ones, promising to play them at some point in the evening. Declan would yield to Oriana on that, with the DJ saying their song would be played close to the end of the night, it couldn't be last due to the unmasking but it would be shortly before that.

Oriana nodded along to Declan’s advice mostly silently, humming in agreement with her chin aligned with his shoulder. Mayor Whites reaction certainly diverted her attention and she smiled benignly at the strange man who walked in…who looked strangely familiar. His energy was intense, and she noticed that Fergus had gone beyond beet red now and was shaking in righteous dispute with Eleanor.

Now if Oriana had thought Eleanor was beautiful then the woman accompanying the powerful man was ethereal. The only thing that confused her is that Lancelot immediately shot out of the room when spotting her and was closely followed by Gawain. I wonder what that is about? Lancelot scared of a woman? Strange. Whoever it is, I need to get her advice and apply it so he can stop hounding me.

Gawain. The man was detestable…she couldn’t believe she had been so stupid enough to have gone to him for help. Why were all the people in positions of power corrupt in this damn town? The only one trying to help was Declan.

His ring was doing that strange thing again where it kept calling for her attention but by now, she had become a master at ignoring it’s niggling call and concentrating on her surroundings.

It was an embarrassed shake of a head at Declan’s suggestion of doing the polka with Hercules. “Please don’t…I can manage a waltz if I have to but, I actually don’t know much on how to dance and I’ll end up making a fool of myself.” Her mother had been intent on her learning the family trade as opposed to allowing dance lessons. They were deemed ‘frivolous activities’ but as Oriana had grown her Mothers mindset had changed and suddenly, she had been all about getting Oriana into dance clubs or high society parties. She claimed it would be a great money scheme if Oriana learned how to catch a ‘good eye’. “Just maybe…afterwards, we can share a drink with them?”

Anything Dame Gothel deemed interesting was instantly a turn off for Oriana.

When Mulan entered on the arm of Jack Sparrow the whole ballrooms attention narrowed in on them for a few precious minutes, especially since they arrived with the whole Mushu staff and Black Pearl crew tagging behind them. Ping was running behind carrying Mulan’s clutch for her. Yet it was short and sweet before everyone’s eyes had shot back to Merlin and Declan, eager to see some drama unfold.

Oriana rolled her eyes at Cinderella’s glare, “You’d think I stole something from her.” She quipped and stepped back a little so she could look at Declan. “Why does that man look a little like you? Your father looks even more unhappy than he previously did.” The wine she had drunk at the table had hit her bladder so she was looking forward for the song to end so she could rush off to the restroom, she couldn’t leave the dance midway since she didn’t want people thinking she’d ditched Declan.

Since they’d been dancing she had noticed the way Declan had instantly stiffened when in contact with her and it was starting to offend her a little. “And, when this dance finishes you can ask that Elsa chick to dance with you. You might be more comfortable with her and she looks rather upset.”

"You might regret that request with Hercules, he can drink like a fish, and it's not pretty when he drinks...things get broken with him."

As the spun close to the elevated stage, Declan could see the trouble Megara was having with Hercules and the strong wine and ouzo he was drinking as if it was water, not to mention how he was eating enough to feed a small force. Still his confusion with the police commissioner Gawain being the in company of Lancelot, Gawain was after all wiping the arrest by Nottingham clean, then again Gawain wasn't stupid, crossing Merlin was just plain stupid. Mulan had noticed Declan and did her best to avert her gaze, she wanted no part of him...more so given Nimue's entrance. Jack Sparrow was too drunk or maybe he was just always that way...Declan swore the guy had infinite luck but fried his brains. They'd crossed paths, but it was a common issue: Peter.

Declan adjusted slightly, he wasn't trying to give Oriana the impression that he was trying to put his hands where he shouldn't without her permission, he'd been lost in the dance as this had been his first one since he and Excalibur had attended that spring fair several years ago. She was the reason he had named the sword that was formerly King Arthur's for her and part of why he chose to do the labors, he was seeking forgiveness, Nimue shot Declan and Oriana a look as if to tell her nephew that she approved of Oriana. To Declan only his auntie and Eleanor's approval were what he valued, Fergus could go suck an egg. Merlin was more concerned with his nephew's well being, and in his mind if Oriana could give him the peace or as he'd heard Declan say it 'set me free' Merlin was more than happy to have her in the fold. Both Merlin and Nimue elected to sit near the Dunbrochs and MacGuffins, not too far from where the only surviving members of the Pendragon family were...Declan snapped back into reality when Oriana had asked him who his auntie and uncle were.

"Oh, that's uncle Merlin and auntie Nimue, I am actually relieved they came, it would be so much harder to deal with dad had they not come, mom can only do so much..."

Merlin by now was content to have a non-alcoholic drink and a very heavy meal. Like his nephew he loved to mess with certain people in the sense they thought him weak. Though that would be difficult considering Merlin never looked a day over 40 years old, this had been commented on several times as well as his not looking like the stereotype of him, he lacked the beard, long hair, and old age. In fact he looked very much like the fun uncle everyone wishes they had, if Oriana had noticed, Declan and Merlin were dressed similarly, though Declan was wearing darker colors than his uncle who tended to dress in darker blues and greens to his nephews black and greens. Both of them had the fancy Hawaiian shirts on as they both detested ties, though Merlin was wearing lighter dress pants compared to Declan and had left his sunglasses in his front pocket. Declan knew his uncle only did that when he was going to assist in damage control or help cause a massive distraction. Nimue on the other hand, was dressed as should have for such a night, accenting her watery colors with the Halloween theme of candy corn and jack o lanterns that adorned her evening gown.

Declan's head snapped again, the stomping that announced the arrival of Achilles, the arrogant warrior known for having a weak heel, this was the only man that could out drink or at least match Hercules in that game, but Achilles was much more violent than Hercules and less liked as well. He was the reason most Greeks had bad names in the terms of chauvinism, Briseis put up with this for some reason, why no one knew, it had to have been the money Achilles had. This could spell trouble later on, at least Perseus and Theseus weren't so arrogant and hung up on their deeds. Declan would have to check in on Theseus at some point, but not now. Perseus no one actually knew where he was after the previous year's ball. Andromeda had show up by herself, and had people fawning over her...that was normal.

"Well did you steal something from Cinderella? Not that I care if you did, but I do need to know in case it comes to blows..."

He was joking, or at least tying to, mostly cause he was trying to draw attention away from the fact he was still struggling with understanding how Oriana hadn't been harmed at his touch. This hand't escaped Merlin and Nimue, in fact it was the first thing they'd noticed when they'd arrived, which is why they were happy, but played it as they were amused.

Looking again at his uncle to see if any movement was going to be made at Sparrow. A slight head-shake from Merlin told Declan to stand down. He wanted his nephew to enjoy the dance. There would be a break before the fast paced dancing would start, slow songs were later, but since the Beast's antics, they opened with this slow dance, things kind of paused when Mayor White and Charming strode out to the floor...it was then Oriana had again snapped Declan's attention again, with the comment that seemed to him like she'd not listened when he told her about Elsa.

"Didn't I tell you Elsa is dangerous? That's not just a no, that's a hell no. You have no idea how badly that woman wants to get in my pants, but she cannot. Did you forget that you've been the only woman that isn't of fey or divine or my own family who can touch me without harm? If I am dancing with anyone I am doing so with you and you only!"

“It’d be nice to meet them…but I can stay out of it if you’d prefer.” Oriana didn’t wish to intrude into his family completely, she was only his apprentice. At best she was no higher than a common intern but it would be nice to meet some…friendlier folk in Blackhaven for once. Now that she knew he was his Uncle she could smile at the older man with less nervousness, particularly since she could catch their resemblance much more precisely now. “You’re so alike…” She added in a murmur.

She kept her smile on when Nimue’s eyes met hers but almost shivered, gosh those were not normal eyes. Oriana thought they were rather mystical and found it odd she could notice the difference from such a distance.

“No, and as if I care for her shoes. You can’t possibly run in those things.” Oriana laughed back at the accusation of theft, it was a running joke in the town that Cinderella was constantly accusing other women of stealing her designs from her shop, notably the small shelves of exquisite shoes that she had on display. Oriana thought it was a publicity stunt.

As they turned on the dance floor she found her arms getting tired so moved them so they were lightly looped around his shoulder and neck, he wasn’t that much taller than her but constantly looking up to have a conversation was tensing her back up. She really wasn’t made for parties.
“Declan…you don’t half overload me with so much information daily I can’t keep up sometimes! I can’t be expected to remember everything. In case you haven’t noticed I’m not bloody well accustomed to these events…and-I don’t know why I can touch you and others can’t. It’s not something I can work out. Alright?” She was a bit taken aback when he’d effectively told her off albeit without raising his voice but in her defense the training, Ripper attacks, jail stint, visit to the Addams Mansion and then with this dratted ball she hadn’t even wanted to attend had overwhelmed her entirely.

This wasn’t what she’d signed up for but still had come on his insistence. Not that he’d asked…nicely anyway. It had sort of just been thrust upon her and then simply expected.

Oriana felt like asking him how he’d feel being trapped with the likes of Dame Gothel and Rapunzel all his life, not knowing what the outside world consisted of and growing up practically silent. At least he had his Uncle, Merida and his step-mother.

Given her past, it was hard to take in everything she had in the past few months and thought she’d been doing a relatively good job.
Yet ranting about it would mean divulging everything.

She just wasn’t ready for that.

“I need the rest room.” She finally grumbled, the dance floor was getting crowded and the constant dirty looks from the women Declan would never dance with were making her more than uneasy.

Plus, now that Lancelot was no longer visible in the room she didn’t have to remain on the dance floor.

"No I don't expect you remember everything, just the important things. Hercules doesn't just show up on my doorstep, but in time you're going to have to remember who is dangerous and who isn't. Cinderella will shut up soon enough, she's seen you here with me and you've seen uncle Merlin and auntie Nimue, rumors will always be there, but they'll be quelled now."

His own sorted history wasn't clean by any means, the death of Excalibur weighed on him in some way, Wendy's toying with him also had taken a toll. Those two things were just the tip of the iceberg as to why he was so aloof to the world around him. Sure he'd told her off, but not in the sense one would do with malicious or nastiness, it was more trying to get Oriana to understand she was the only woman's attention he wanted, the rest had ulterior motives, and those that didn't just saw him as simply Fergus' bastard son.

Understanding Oriana's need for the restroom, Declan took the lead in the dance for the first time, a sense of grace that would have made those in Camelot proud, got them off the dance floor, to some applause, mostly from Statler and Waldorf, but others as well such as Jack Sparrow and the famed Genie of the lamp who had shown up to do the stand up comedy act for the evening.

"I'll meet you back at the table, is there anything you want me to order you?"

Declan's ring again was trying to get Oriana's attention, Declan paid it no mind, he was still trying to loosen up over the fact Oriana could touch him without harm, the words from the goddess Athena and his close friend the god Hades playing through his head about being set free from his labors. Of course they were not the only ones to decide his fate, Balder and Nanna the famed Norse god of light and his wife a goddess of the winds, also held his case with Zeus, Odin, and Cernunos, the famed horned god known in the Celtic lands, were to be his judges.

Hades himself showed up with Persephone, directing her to do what Declan could not with Oriana in regards to the labors. Athena had also entered with her uncle and aunt, though she came with her own date, Selene, the goddess of the moon. Hades was given a wide berth by many of those in attendance, but took it in stride, like Declan he had a bit of bad press. They of course met the bar while Persephone followed Oriana to the restroom, she was going to explain the situation as they'd seen some of the struggles the sorcerer was having, while they could not outright interfere in the labors Declan had bound himself to, they could at least help Oriana understand him.

"Nice dance there Declan, you've gotten much better than you used to be, but you're still pretty stiff I could tell. I get it, she can touch you without harm, roll it with it, don't be so guarded. I know that crap with Excalibur is bugging you...nice gesture naming the sword after her too...but you've got to relax a bit."

Declan could only smile a bit, that was a bad memory, and he knew fully who to blame for that mess: Tinkerbell.

"I though you and Persephone were going to sit this one this year after that mess I made last year..."

"Well you know Persephone was worried about you, much like your uncle and auntie are...and you know Athena and I are trying to help."

"I know, but you needn't worry."

Small talk ensued with Hades partaking of the appetizers and staying clear of the alcoholic drinks, he wasn't a fan of Mayor White's choices in wines and other cocktails. Still he wasn't dressed as one would expect...gone were the dark clothes those that saw Hades and Persephone in when they visited the underworld. In fact Persephone was dressed in a very floral design while her husband was wearing more of a zodiac type design to his attire.

Wonka again in all his wackiness, tried to speak to Declan but turned tail again when he saw Hades and Athena talking to Declan. Athena had a few words for him mostly reassuring as she was confident he'd get the Ripper, before Selene pulled her on the dance floor. Hades left his friend at his table to continue his vigil on the party as the Genie was warming up for the stand up comedy portion, the dancing would undergo it's first break, then would resume after the awards were given. A note Gomez had passed to Declan stated that the Ripper was planning on making a move during the unmasking at midnight, shortly after the dance.

Oriana was a little breathless after coming off the dance floor, partly due to the random and last minute skill Declan had shown and partly for when they got surrounded by people who knew Declan but she had never met before. “No…I’m not hungry.” In fact, she felt rather queasy, if she got hungry she’d grab a KFC on her way home damnit.

Persephone was an oddity, she was comparing her relationship with Hades to the one Oriana was supposedly supposed to be building with Declan which only served to confuse Oriana. Surely an apprentice was much different to a wife? By the time they’d gotten up the staircase her head was once more spinning from information overload that the poor Persephone was drowning her in. Oriana noticed that the advice being shared came from the same place that Merida’s usually did, from a good heart so silently nodded her head in all the right places.

Luckily, as if Lady Fate was watching down on her they bumped into an elderly lady, who turned out to be Demeter. Persephone’s mother. Citing that the two looked like they needed to get to know one another Oriana found her own way to the rest room seemingly oblivious to the fact she was being followed.

After dealing with the needs of her urgent bladder Oriana desperately wanted to splash her face with cold water but her clutch didn’t have all the makeup needed to redo her face. She felt overheated…and strangely angry. It wasn’t her fault Declan couldn’t touch others and there wasn’t much she could do about it. Why were random women she had never met before lecturing her about how she should be more understanding and that she had a lot of work to do. What work? And why were they talking about twelve labours? Did they think she was going to have twelve children or something? Why in the world would she put her body through twelve labours?! What was going on!?

She clutched the sink, leaning over it and grumbling to herself about the ignorant fellow she was apprenticing under when she felt cold air behind her. Raising her eyes, the reflection in the mirror told her that it was Elsa suddenly coming up behind her with what could only be described as a malicious grin.

“Lovers quarrel?” She asked, ignoring the sound of Ana presumably retching in the toilet behind them. Her voice sounded almost hopeful with a touch of glee.

“Hardly, more like disgruntled employee.” Oriana quipped back, turning back to finish washing her hands. When the door creaked open, she glanced only for her stomach to drop in panic. It was Tinkerbell.

Did they all suddenly have to pee at the same time or had they followed her in?

“Well, if it isn’t Oriana…you work as a waitress, right? At the Tea Party?”

“Yes…” Oriana decided to go along with the supposed polite conversation, making sure her back was to the sink now and she was looking at the two women pointedly. Her face was calm even if she was hyperventilating on the inside, Declan had said these two were dangerous and she didn’t need him yelling at her afterwards for being reckless. God forbid she had to pee.

That didn’t mean they could bully her, however.

“Funny isn’t it Tink, how a lowly worthless bird like this sinks her claws into the Sorcerer himself?” Elsa clucked, rubbing her hands together as if to imply she was cold. “I mean just look at her. Who do you think you are? The ugly duckling?” She laughed at her own joke. “Seriously though, putting on that pretty dress doesn’t shake the fact that you look like you need over a century in treatments. Hell, I’ll do it for free in my Spa?”

“Oh, you better believe.” Tinkerbell placed her elbow on Elsa’s shoulder, in an odd show of camaraderie. United against their hatred for the crimson haired girl in front of them. “I hear she’s been coming in and out of the Arcana Cabana…goes in to see him in the early hours of the morning…comes out late at night. You surely are doing it the wrong way round aren’t you doll?”

Oriana rolled her eyes, “Only you two would come up with that explanation…the only reason a girl is visiting him must be because she’s screwing him right? Don’t judge me on the standards and morals of your own personalities. Now if you’ll excu-“

“Well that’s just one thing we can’t do now isn’t it.” Elsa got in her way, moving to stand before her and adjusting every time Oriana tried to step around her. “Excuse you…why I think, you need to remain nice and cosy in here. The rest of us would like some space on the dance floor you see.”

“I’m hardly as big as you Elsa, some of us don’t take up the whole dance floor when we walk on to it. That’s your problem. Not mine. Morgana's socks! For the love of – how can a bunch of women hate each other so much? No wonder the opposite sex have such an easy time playing us off each other.” Oriana snapped back, noticing that Tinkerbell had opted more for an observing stance. But why? Was it so she could report back her findings to that creepy Pan? Peter? No, Peter Pan. She wanted to ask her if she’d hidden some popcorn in that vile dress. If so, she could hopefully choke on it if she was finding this entertaining.

Before she could add to her insults Oriana felt her feet going extremely numb, she looked down to see her heels were stuck within two blocks of ice and finally her temper snapped. “You know wha-“ She didn’t finish her threat, but merely snapped her foot forward after sending a surge of hot energy down to her ankle which melted the ice rather fast. The fast movement meant that Elsa’s dress got splattered with the melted water and she shrieked. Clearly she hadn’t expected anyone to stand up to her. When it was followed up with a slash of a hand that caused her hemline to go up in flames her face became completely enraged.

No doubt they hadn’t expected Oriana to have any skill worth mentioning or the ability to defend herself.

At that point Ana came rushing out her cubicle, wiping some sick of her lips with the back of her hand and in a misguided attempt to help her sister tried to hurtle head first towards Oriana. The redhead merely grabbed her by the shoulder and shoved her into Tinkerbell who was showing signs of getting involved. Three against one, bloody marvelous.

Whispering a short incantation under her breath Oriana quickly threw her hands up just as Elsa tried to throw shards of ice at her, nasty and pointy. “Right that’s it.” Oriana cursed, using small fireballs to disable the cold threat.

She needed to leave and get back to Declan. Oriana used the momentary distraction her fireballs caused to throw up a wall of fire, a divide between the three other girls and ran to the rest room door. Before any of the others could react, she had slammed it shut, thanking whoever was watching her from above that no other women were inside before using her hands to melt the handle off.

Thankfully the door was made of steel and so was the frame, the heat emanating from her shaking palm melted the material into silver drops and locking the vile females in when it cooled. Even if it was a brief measure considering the boom of energy that hit it from the inside. It was enough for to get back to the dance floor, and damnit just because of this she would force Declan to dance with her the whole night.

Huffing she pushed her hair back into place. “And just for the record, I’m his apprentice!” She kicked the wall next to the door angrily and twirled on one heel, stalking back towards the dance hall with a clearly upset look on her face. “I’m not an ugly duckling, am I?” She asked Persphone and her Mother who both looked bewildered, primarily for being interrupted in their catch up session and at the random question.

Oriana just wanted to go back to her apartment but her wish wasn't granted because as soon as she entered the dance hall she was blocked from moving forward by the towering Lancelot, wearing his usual smarmy grin. Oh shit.

Declan had ordered something to eat, it would be a a bit before it arrived, so he decided to instead of waiting for the weird Mr. Wonka to come back and attempt to talk him up, he'd make some various rounds and sure he could care less about these events, but he was one of the upper class despite his father's attempts to distance him from the Dunbrochs. Declan had always taken that in stride and this was no different a situation for him. The balcony on the second level was interesting, they even decorated it, though no one would see it unless they stepped out into the evening air, which is what he did for the moment, he had no interest in talking to Humpty Dumpty about soup as he'd been stopped shortly after he'd ordered.

Looking out over the city skyline he could see your typical late fall weather, the air did him good for the moment all the unwanted attention on him plus Elsa once again attempting her seductive ways, he never did fall for her shtick and even one time told her she'd be better off doing pornography rather than running a spa. Naturally that didn't sit well with her and Ana, who he thought was just an air head who thought she was part of the elite group in Blackhaven, sure they'd come from some form of German money, but it was hard to tell exactly what prominent family...Mayor White knew but she never did say about that sort of thing.

Declan was stepping back in from the balcony when an all too familiar person stopped him, the bowler hat and fur lined coat were obvious, thought the walking stick was a nice touch. Horvath in almost all of his glory, clearly he'd been checked for trinkets and weapons before entering the ball, security clearly didn't know much about those who could use magic...but they'd get a pass for the thought being there.

"I'm mildly insulted Declan, I've been in town several weeks and you've not so much as called."

"Horvath, last I knew you were still safely locked in Spellhold."

"Oh you of all people should know that no prison can hold me..."

"I forgot how arrogant you were...much like some other people I know."

"I here you have a new apprentice, pity I couldn't introuduce her to my late master, oh well I am sure she and Jack will meet soon enough. Though you've not even complimented his work!"

That was news to Declan that Horvath's master was dead, that was one of those double edged sword deals but now Horvath could take on an apprentice, Oriana was off limits as she, whether she knew it or not, was bound to Declan and thus Horvath couldn't steal her away, but that didn't mean Horvath couldn't take on someone to make Oriana's life difficult.

"I think this conversation is over Horvath."

"Oh I think not, as that muscle bound fool told you I've got the famed hydra and the gorgon sisters ready to set the town on fire so to speak oh and yes a couple of old friends in Peter, Wendy, and Tinkerbell who are dying to see you again."

Horvath raised his walking stick to which Declan made a slight hand gesture, this all did not escape the gaze of security, to keep Horvath in check.

"You know the rules Horvath. If you want to play games, we'll have to take this outside."

"Lighten up Declan, it's a party after all."

With that Horvath turned and sauntered off in the direction of the cocktail bar. All Declan could do at that point was shake his head, it was Horvath's game for the moment. Declan left the balcony, walking while keeping his guard up, despite all the good press he tried to give himself, Peter Pan was not the cunning warrior he liked to think, in fact he was more sneaky and very much a rule manipulator. Granted he'd not be stupid enough to jump Declan here, but leaving the party he might decide Declan wronged him in some way, as to what way that's was only in Peter's sick mind.

Still as he was heading back in the direction of the dance floor he'd noticed Oriana run into Lancelot, and he'd make his way that direction, though albeit it not at a fast pace, he didn't want to cause a scene. However the look on her face told him that this wasn't expected.

Oriana gave a desperate look around the dance floor, or what she can see behind Lancelot’s broad shoulders. Declan wasn’t there anymore. I was only gone for a short while. He couldn’t wait?

“You lead an interesting life Oriana…does he know what you’re capable of?”

“How is that any of your business.” Oriana took a small step back when Lancelot stepped forward, “But you seemed to have forgotten…the lesson I gave you last time.”

“Or I have developed a taste for it.” Lancelot slowly peeled off his black gloves to reveal burned and marred skin, “I’m itching for a second helping. Do it, in front of everyone…so they can see what a monster you are.”

“I think this conversation is over Lancelot.” Oriana looked away from his hands, refusing to feel guilty considering the event that had led up to such a loss of control. “Stay away.”

“I think not…what we weren’t good enough but he is?”

“What the hell is wrong with everyone in this damn town that is misinterpreting our friendship.” Oriana hissed but gave up, there was no talking sense to this idiot and she slyly sent a lick of hot energy towards his abdomen which gave her the brief second to walk around him and into the crowd of dancers.

“I think you’re the only one misinterpreting what’s going on around you…oblivious as always Oriana.”

The hold up due to Lancelot meant that behind her Elsa and Ana finally entered the hall looking angry and flustered, Oriana turned and gave them a smug smile before looking carefully around. She met the eyes of Eleanor who pointed up to one of the staircases. Declan was making his way back down to the dance floor from the Balcony.

She moved so she met him at the bottom of the staircase, a frown marring her face and back tense. There were too many people around her that she didn’t know and he expected her to know who to trust and who to be wary of, but it was too much. She had her own worries too. “Your fan girls have interesting opinions of me.” She quipped, adjusting her dress and casting another cursory glance around.

She detested this environment. What was the point of all this glam and poise when all it served was to hurl insults at one another?

“It seems I’m taking up too much room on the dance floor…so I might as well live up to that accusation.” Oriana nodded and extended a hand, “You coming or what?”

Peter had been watching Declan's movements with almost a morbid curiosity, he was the one person that Peter could never figure out and it infuriated him, ever since Tinkerbell had pulled that stunt of making herself look like Wendy...he'd lost all insight to Declan and had no way in further. Maybe he'd get Wendy on the dance floor and see if he could eavesdrop something from the red-haired woman that had accompanied Declan...the one that wasn't Merida. Surely he'd been told her name, but like many things Peter didn't care about it was quickly forgotten. Peter's ego or cockiness was also something that was well known in Blackhaven.

Declan had paid him no mind, thinking he wasn't stupid enough to attempt to cause a scene here and now...maybe in the parking lot later, but not here. The sorcerer had noticed Elsa and Ana's looks of frustration and tried to laugh to himself as best he could without betraying much, he didn't need them targeting Oriana further. Though there was some concern with Lancelot now in the picture and he merely watched the exchange, it was not his place to pry unless Oriana wanted him to do so.

By now she'd asked to dance again, though he wasn't sure about the fan girls commentary.

"Tinkerbell and Wendy will be the ones that can cause the most harm. Elsa is just one step below being a full blown nympho and Ana just seems along for the ride."

He didn't understand the whole taking up too much room on the dance floor, but he followed suit and joined her on the floor once again. If he could just do as Hades said, and relax...that was damn near impossible at the moment...maybe after the Ripper was settled....no there was Horvath to deal with too.

Figuring he'd best not keep that under his hat...he'd tell Oriana.

"I just ran into Horvath, that was probably the last person I wanted to talk to tonight. He bears watching, though you needn't worry about him trying to claim you for his own...as you're bound to me for apprenticeship, but that doesn't mean he can't find his own apprentice to torment you. We'll deal with him in time..."

He didn't want to say more, it was too hard to explain it and he wasn't sure if she could handle it at the moment, more so given that exchange she'd had with Lancelot. If she wanted to tell him about that he'd let her tell him, not pry it just wasn't polite to do that. He wasn't as tense this time, showing some form of acceptance that Oriana could touch him without issues, and still ignoring whatever his damn ring was going on about. Aladdin and Jasmine were currently doing one of those dances that looked like it belonged in the bedroom not in public, it was gaining some attention, but some were just turning their noses up at it. Alice and the Hatter had now appeared, with Alice looking higher than a kite and the Hatter looking as if he was there to sell some of his latest concoctions. Declan paid no mind to Ariel and Eric, they were just far to stuck up for him and the looks they kept shooting their way were just rude...using his free hand he made a slight gesture to give the impression that someone other than Eric had grabbed Ariel's rather large butt.

They would let that one simmer for now, see what happened. He could feel eyes on them but he had no way of knowing whose they were, and he wasn't going to alert Oriana to it just yet, he had to be certain it wasn't just Horvath or....bingo....Peter and Wendy.

"Oh no...it's Peter and Wendy heading our way..."

Declan almost went pale at the site of them, pale as in the sense of an anger he'd have to control. Still he'd keep it in check for now, but what they did next would determine if they left this dance floor intact.

It was hard not to notice the glaring group but now that she was on the dance floor with Declan and she could feel the eyes of his Aunt, Uncle and parents on them it was less of a threat. At least to her. For now.

“Yes, I gathered that. We just had a lovely meeting in the restroom. What was surprising is that Tinkerbell didn’t actually do much…well she tried to near the end, but I was too fast. Locked them in there. Elsa is a creepy little thing. She needs to stay away from me…and from what angle to do I look like a fucking duck?!” She sighed, keeping her angry voice low since she didn’t want to cause a scene, but Lancelot had royally ruined her mood and no doubt he would be able to feel the heat radiating off her body.

“Horvath can just go and do one right now with his own stupid bowler hat…like seriously. I am not in the mood.” Oriana refused to take any more crap tonight, especially with that ring on Declan’s finger flaring up in her minds eye. She never ever wanted to come to another ball arranged by Mayor White if she could help it.

As they turned on the dance floor, she noticed the same things as Declan, cringing in second hand embarrassment at Aladdin and Jasmines shenanigans and sticking her tongue out at the Mad Hatter as his eyes widened upon spotting her.

Yes you maddening lump of shite. I am here too. No, I won’t give you inside information. She thought at him hard and surprisingly it was almost as if he understood her thoughts when his face turned more pleading. No, sod off. Isn’t it bad enough I have to wipe those dirty tables every stupid night and listen to your customers whine…I’m not telling you anything. Non of this is your business.

She didn’t care if he was her boss or that it would be construed as immature by Fergus watching in the corner. For good measure she stuck her tongue out at Alice too who was looking back and forth at the Hatter and her like a ping pong ball.

At that point Declan tensed up and his face lost color, causing her to frown and tighten her hold on his arm. “What, what?…Oh them?” They looked like a rag tag group of those children television characters to her…Tweenies. How these people were a threat to Declan she wasn’t totally clued in but from the way they were advancing into their personal space unless someone stopped them there would be an incident.

“Flame on?” She asked with a hesitant touch of her voice and her hands feeling very itchy all of a sudden. “Or…you want to go for a walk outside?” She asked Declan quietly, knowing these idiots would follow but at least Fergus wouldn’t have a reason to complain then. "Or is that exactly what they want?"

"No, let's just keep up the dance, causing a scene now is what they want. I am not sure if you've noticed yet, but you're a source of jealousy, Hades told me that Persephone was going to tell you, but let's just say I have a bad history with Wendy and Tinkerbell, it's an unhealed wound...one you've not seen."

Oriana hadn't seen him use blood magic yet, but the paleness he'd turned due to the anger, only suppressed by Oriana's touch. This was clearly a sore point from Wendy who was all but glaring daggers at Oriana. Whatever charms Oriana had, were suppressing Declan's divine blood, this would be the first time Oriana could notice his heritage...the one he wasn't giving full details on...simply because he himself didn't know. Merlin did since it was his bloodline as well. There was a rumor out there that Merlin Emrys was of demonic blood...leave it to Geoffrey of Monmouth to get that wrong...then again in an era that Christianity was at a major high this error could be seen. No it was draconian blood that wend through the Emrys line, granted it was still in the famed divine blood-pool, but this differed, while those that had divine beings in their line, such as the sons of Zeus or the sons of Poseidon, they didn't wield the magics that Merlin or Declan did. Others had the abilities to use magic, but not on the same scale these two did.

Peter Pan knew all too well what would happen should he push the sorcerer, they'd tangled several times in the past and Peter walking away, but not without injuries and the feeling Declan was holding back on him...simply due to Wendy. Wendy was no innocent in the crossfire, most of the scuffles Peter and Declan got into she was at the bottom of it, her or Tinkerbell...though Tinkerbell's motives were similar to Elsa's she wanted to sire the next sorcerer with the Emrys bloodline. But the fates had other ideas, that pixie dust educed romp Tinkerbell had done with Declan was low, especially since she was playing on past feelings Declan had had for Wendy....before settling for a brief relationship with Tinkerbell, though Tinkerbell never got into the Arcana Cabana nor did she get the training Oriana was getting.

Declan never knew if Wendy's feelings were reciprocated, and had moved past her as best he could...which had driven him to Tinkerbell until her betrayal. The blood bath with Mordred had ensued, that was a big deal in Blackhaven, one they'd not recovered from fully yet and was still talked about. Fergus was happy Mordred was stopped, but was mortified when the details of Declan and Tinkerbell's relationship came up. Fergus worked hard to cover that up, not fully blaming his son for what happened but still being unable to forgive it. Merlin and Nimue wouldn't say anything about it, if Oriana wanted details, she'd need to talk to Persephone or Merida.

"I've got an epic fail in terms of a relationship with Tinkerbell...let's call it a betrayal...an ugly betrayal that resulted in Mordred's death...it was front page news last year...the rest is hard to explain."

He wasn't sure how to tell her about that, other than stating the betrayal of it all, it was another reason he was aloof to Oriana, he knew he needed to let her in...but it was hard, he had to know she wasn't going to inflict that same damage. He had no way of knowing, seeing into the future was his uncle's gift and he was not going to talk to the fate sisters unless he had to.

The sense that Peter and Wendy were sizing Oriana and himself up was unmistakable, but the heat coming off Oriana was hard to ignore...he wasn't sure what it was, clearly it was not the hots for him maybe a sense of anger.

"Relax and keep focus on why we're here, as long as I am standing Lancelot isn't going to get to you. Let's try and enjoy this dance, at least till the last one...and hope Tinkerbell doesn't get out of the bathroom. Elsa or Ana didn't hit on you did they?"

Declan relaxed a bit and adjusted his arms around Oriana and took more of a lead, if nothing else to make someone jealous, or even to provoke Peter into something.

"Horvath won't do anything, he's fishing to see what you're all about. Or should I say what we're all about."

Oriana first took a deep breath in and exhaled. What an overload of information as usual. She wasn’t sure if Declan realised how he made her brain spin. When he started talking, he really started talking. The heat she had been radiating dimmed somewhat now that he was telling her not to react to the people around them. It had stemmed from defensive anger. She carried on letting him take control of their dance despite her feet paining her. How in hells bells did the rest of the women stand on heels all night bewildered her. Oriana had never mastered these skills.

“Okay…” She nodded, Bad history with Wendy and Tinkerbell check. Tinkerbell scheming backstabbing ex. Check. Look up old newspapers so you’re more in the know of the crap that goes on in this town. Must remember these things. If I forget he will be offended. Not that it is easy to forget I’m surrounded by muppets what with them trying to laser eyes through my back.

“No, they didn’t manage to hit me…I left before they could…I imagine they thought I was someone they could walk all over.” She scowled, looking up at him. “I still can’t believe I got called a duck. I swear!”

Oriana decided not to mention Lancelot in response, first off, she was surprised he had noticed the second bit of trouble she had gotten into and worried that discussing it more would lead to revealing her history. He was obviously hinting at her that he had noticed something, but it wasn’t a subject she could reveal in the midst of so many eavesdroppers.

Him telling her about his history with Tinkerbell caused all sorts of guilty pangs. Here he was opening up and she wasn’t able to even explain the goings on of the night.

“Persephone was going on about labour? I mean…I think she got the wrong end of the stick? I think that Hades has addled her brain – I couldn’t hear her properly over the music, but I heard her talking about twelve labours and I have no clue why she thinks I’m getting pregnant twelve times or something. Does she think she is a seer? Maybe she has issues. Who knows? Everyone in Blackhaven has them. She found her Mom though and got distracted. Nice women though.” She shrugged, “As for Horvath, he can wait his bloody turn…even I don’t know what we are about…” This last line was said in barely a whisper and she jumped when someone brushed her shoulder as they moved around on the floor.

“How are you finding the night?” It was Morticia, checking up on her supposed new favorite town resident.

“Erm, it’s not really my thing…I’m trying Mrs Addams but…I’ll admit, it’s rather depressing isn’t it?” Oriana wasn’t talking about Declan being her company but just the mood the townsfolk caused. She’d much prefer a smaller party gathering of close friends and home cooked food. Some old school horror movies. That’s just the way she was. “Sod it, I’ll admit. I hate these events.”

“How delightful!” Morticia smile was radiant, somehow pleased with that dismal answer and she was swept away by Gomez who left a gleeful yell in his wake. Oriana swore she had heard him tell the Thing to get out the way.

“Eh?….Right.” Her conversation with the Addams matriarch must have been the last straw for the green faced Elsa, as when Oriana looked back up at Declan to comment on the complete strangeness of the Addams family for the umpteenth time since she’d met them, the envious girl had flicked her hand lazily to cause a small tiny patch of ice right under Oriana’s heels.

There was an uncontrolled gasp as Oriana instantly went flying backwards, hands automatically grasping for leverage which happened to be Declan’s shirt and with a loud pained ‘oomph’ was lying on her back….and her lips glued to the Sorcerer. Her eyes widened in shock and she quickly moved her face away, but the damage had been done. It had barely lasted a few seconds at best, barely any time to even react to the feeling, but the hall was silent. The DJ had stalled the music distracted just like the rest of the townsfolk turning to look at the fallen pair on the floor and the only thing you could hear was shocked murmuring. Oh shit.

“I’m so sorry.” Oriana whispered, cringing and hoping no one had noticed. It was to no avail as one glance around had both the Wonka and Hercules hollering Declan’s name loudly in a rather immature fashion.

Elsa appeared ready to scream and was barely being held back by Ana, she obviously hadn’t expected this to happen after her prank, but that isn’t what concerned Oriana. It was the dark look on Lancelot’s face as he stared down at her from the corner of the room, a calculating expression on his face. She prayed to whichever deity was listening that Lancelot never opened his gob in front of Declan. That conversation never needed to happen.

What is my life? Seriously?

Declan hadn't time to explain much before Elsa's antics, though Oriana's reaction wasn't lost on him. Aside from his own shock that no harm had come to her, he didn't betray any emotion and didn't react with anything other than a stone face to Hercules and Wonka's teenage or collegiate whooping. Though unknown to Declan maybe Oriana could see it, his father Fergus' jaw hit the floor while Eleanor laughed quietly in approval. Merlin like his nephew, played it off as if nothing happened, while Nimue was on damage control.

Peter and Wendy had gone wide eyed and backed off, expecting harm to come to Oriana and were agape again when Declan failed to react the way everyone wanted him to, instead he helped Oriana up and calmly led her back to their seats, clearly she needed to be off her feet, he played it off like it was the high heels that were the problem. Inside he was laughing at Elsa's reaction. The look would be familiar that Declan was giving, his uncle did this too, it was as if they were saying don't screw with me right now.

Lancelot of all people would know that look from Merlin and if his mind wasn't thinking about his next girls gone wild adult video, he'd know this would be a damn stupid thing to do to even engage Declan now. Only a very foolish person would do it...Peter being as arrogant as he was wasn't even that stupid...

The DJ composed himself enough to put the song Hercules had requested for Declan and Oriana, in a stumbling attempt to put them together "Go the Distance" by Michael Bolton began playing as Declan helped Oriana up and walked her up to their seats. Nimue and Morticia had by now been going about damage control, with Morticia and Gomez engaging in one of the famed dances, much to the mortification of Aladdin and Jasmine's rather provocative or down right sexual dances.

While there were people agape they kept away from Declan and Oriana as Nimue hovered about keeping enough distance as to let them talk, but close enough to prevent them from being interrupted. Statler and Waldorf at this time had been off dozing, so they were no bother. Wonka wouldn't dare approach when Nimue was around.

Declan didn't draw attention to what happened, sure he was shocked about Oriana coming to harm, but wasn't playing his cards. He knew that something special always happened at the balls...be it Cinderella finding her prince to comedic things.

"I sympathize, being called a duck isn't fun, I've been called a demon, among other things. Galahad swears uncle Merlin and I are angels."

He had one of the enchanted tables summoned over to get them some cold drinks, non alcoholic.

"What I think Persephone was telling you, was that I am doing some labors in repentance for the death of someone....like Hercules I was assigned twelve of them. I've completed six. Hades and Persephone are tying to get it reduced, but the rest is out of my hands, it's in some deities."

Excalibur was something hard to talk about, the labors even harder to explain...he didn't know it, but his grimoire back at the Arcana Cabana told the full story, it was orchestrated by his uncle who knew full well Declan wouldn't be able to explain it to the apprentice....however her getting access to it, well that was something that would have to come in time.

"Well, we can leave soon unless you want to do the final dance, you know the one at midnight. I overheard Peter say that the Ripper rushed off when I was helping you up."

Declan wasn't going to press for information on what the deal with Oriana and Lancelot was, if she wanted to tell him he'd listen, otherwise he wasn't going to ask. But if needed he'd send Lancelot into a world of hurt, worse than what that pervert did to Camelot. That rumor he spread about him and the queen was a load of crap that Merlin had been trying to erase for a long time. For now Declan was going to let things cool down a bit, there'd be something more that would draw attention other than what had happened with them.

He had to admit, like any normal person would, that it was a nice feeling, one he'd forgotten about over the past 2 years....before the betrayal, he didn't know if Oriana had noticed the injuries when she was tending to his injuries after their visit to the Addams' but there a couple of scars on his torso, one from when Excalibur died, one from Peter and Wendy, and the one on his right side...that was the one that hurt the most when it happened, it was from Tinkerbell, when he clashed with Mordred...

Closing his eyes for a moment he could still see it, Declan and Mordred in front of the castle in the government portion of the city, Mordred's rampage had leveled several buildings, the unfortunate incident with Tinkerbell had taken place the previous night, and Declan was late getting to Mordred. He stepped forth after Mordred had killed Loki with little challenge. Wielding Excalibur the sword named for the faerie that had died by Declan's hand albeit accidentally...she was spying on him for Tinkerbell, but had fallen in love with Declan. Declan and Peter had fought and in an attempt to redeem herself for spying Excalibur threw herself between Peter and Declan during a sword duel, with her falling on Declan's sword, the one King Arthur had: Caliburn. Declan re-named the sword in her honor: Excalibur.

Declan was still feeling the effects of what Tinkerbell had done to him the night before, both the sex and the pixie dust. Mordred had the upper hand early and had bloodied the sorcerer. Once Declan had gained the upper hand is when it happened, he had Mordred on his knees, then the blade slid into his right side...deep. It was Tinkerbell, she'd sided with Mordred. Mordred had stood up and was about to finish Declan off, when his bloodied hand in an attempt to staunch the wound inflicted by Tinkerbell, had touched the mark of the dragon on his left upper biceps.

There was a rumble and surge of power, flowing through the sorcerer, whose eyes were now glowing a deep red color, he stuck Excalibur in the ground and simply swatted aside another attack by Mordred and blasted him backwards, into the statue of Walter Disney, destroying it. A blast of magical energy sent Tinkerbell flying several blocks away. While Mayor White and others had rushed out to see what was happening, it was at this point he made the front page and was flashed all over the news. Declan summoned a four pairs of dragon hands, that took hold of Mordred on his arms and legs, before Tinkerbell could save Mordred or Elsa could flash her rather small breasts (she'd since had them enhanced) to Declan to attempt to get his attention...Declan had made a pulling hand gesture and Mordred was ripped apart in quarters, his guts, blood, and other organs littering the area.

There was no way Mordred could be brought back magically or through the divine.

The divine counsel had pardoned Declan, in fact they praised him as did Mayor White, even offering to cleanse him of the death of Excalibur. But Declan instead opted to do the labors in repentance. Fergus had gone on to do damage control for his son's involvement with Tinkerbell. The rest of Blackhaven now knew they had a protector of sorts...

Declan opened his eyes, and put his attention back on Oriana, poker face, he wasn't going to bring up what happened on the dance floor, but Oriana was going to hear it from Merida later, not now. Eleanor soon came over to talk to Oriana, sending her step-son to fetch Oriana something to drink, some ice, and different pair of shoes for Oriana, Merida had brought some for both of them for the final dance.

The word embarrassed couldn’t truly encompass how she felt in that moment.

To feel all those eyes on her, some in derision, some in envy and others in agreeable amusement…it was too much. Her green eyes stung as she was led past Elsa, Ana and Lancelot. Please stop staring…just stop. She’d had enough. The night had been long and all her triggers had been pushed. The only things he could do was not rub at her bruised back, head or watering eyes. She instead blinked hard and forced her features into an expressionless mask. It was doubtful she could hold it on for long.

Sitting back down with Statler and Waldford was a reprieve…a sheer welcome relief since they perhaps were the only two who hadn’t noticed her ungraceful fall and humiliation. At least she could look at them in the eye.

A part of her wanted to throw her head back up and stare back at everyone defiantly. Girls fell on dancefloors all the time, didn’t they? But she couldn’t do it. Not everyone had the cursed fate of falling and somehow kissing the town’s most infamous individual.

When Declan returned from Eleanors list of errands Oriana took the drink from his hand but still wouldn’t meet his eyes, her head was bowed, and she was messing with her clutch and phone as if she was unfazed by those surrounding her but should anyone look close it wouldn’t take much to notice she was utterly mortified. She barely listened to Declan describing the labours to her properly earlier but had caught enough to hum and nod in all the right places.

Next came the flats, and she had to pretend that the heels had caused an ‘issue’ and made a show of taking her black heels off to replace them with the ballets which could cause no problems and would allow her to run. “C-can we go now Declan?” She asked, having not been much company for Eleanor who tried as she might couldn’t cheer the girl up.

It wasn’t just the need to remove herself from this cloying environment. His comment about the ripper rushing off had caught her attention. Why would the Ripper go? That was rather odd, but if he was gone then surely there was no point in remaining now that there prime target had left the area. “…Please?”

Too much was going on inside her mind, namely a vile being called Lancelot which she always blamed for anything bad to happen to her because meeting him had been the catalyst to her remaining in Blackhaven truth be told and then…well what had followed would still give her nightmares.
Oriana no longer wanted to be introduced to Hercules which had been the only thing she had been looking forward to all night. Mostly out of historical teenage fantasy but also just general admiration for all the stories she had heard. Now, that image had been spoilt by the drunk troll of a man falling about the room and occasionally looking over at Declan with a roar of laughter. To his credit the laughter wasn’t really to disrespect the sorcerer but more of some odd juvenile male pride. A go get em’ mentality.

“Honestly Declan…I just can’t, you can stay. I’ll head home by myself.” Oriana muttered even as Eleanor looked disappointed on her left side. She wondered if Declan expected her to go around saying goodbye to his friends and family. What’s a girl gotta do for some pizza and some Powerpuff Girls?

If she accidentally set Elsa’s gown on fire as she left would Declan blame her?

Declan was fine either way with staying or going, but he wasn't stupid enough to miss the signs that Oriana wanted to leave. Sure he didn't always know what women were thinking, after Tinkerbell, well he'd kind of closed off...to certain things. He could tune out the drunken frat boy whoops of Hercules and the other comments from the peanut gallery, though his parents and uncle were the ones he concerned himself with. Still knowing Tinkerbell was at the ball gave him more incentive to exit, she was unpredictable, even when they were together and she could cause damage if enraged.

Winston this time was the chauffeur for exiting the ball and taking Oriana home, to Declan that dog's abilities were normal, to others it might seem strange. Though Declan had been told that Winston was once a caretaker druid from Merlin's own circle that chose to remain in the form of the dog as he found it more useful, rejecting all attempts to change him back into human form. Was it true? Who could say? Declan simply just sat in the back seat with his head thrown back on the head rest while Winston drove, nothing to be said unless Oriana wanted to talk and at this point she didn't, he sensed embarrassment, no need for it, but he wasn't going to press her to talk.

Arrival to her apartment building didn't take too long, and he politely walked her to her door, simply saying it was fun and that she could swing by at any time tomorrow to the Arcana Cabana. He didn't know how much longer she planned to work at the Tea Party, but there was going to be a discussion with the Hatter once he settled the Ripper affair. Returning to the car, Winston had laid out a change of clothes for the sorcerer, both had sensed they were being followed but by whom was unknown....it wasn't anyone divine, fey, or another magic user.

Declan changed while Winston took the long way to the Arcana Cabana, when a brownish blur zipped past the car. Declan knew exactly who this was and the crowing confirmed it: Peter Pan.

They had a history, Peter at one time had been a friend, before he sold his soul to the god Pan to become guardian of Neverland and eternal youth. Sure that story of Peter being a 14 year old boy was out there, but his age was really 21. He had fully stopped aging now as had Wendy the famed chosen bride of Pan. Declan had a crush on Wendy when he was still a teenager and still in apprenticeship to Merlin. It was not reciprocated but hadn't escaped Tinkerbell's notice.

What Peter wanted now was anyone's guess, the last time these two clashed it was draw but Peter's pride was severely injured along with other injuries. Declan too hadn't come out unscathed but he was no worse for the wear.

"So you replace Tink with the red head? Not sure what Jack sees in her but who am I to ask?"

Declan was barely out of the car when Peter swooped down and tried to take Declan's head off with a swipe of his golden colored sword. Declan took a slight cut to the neck area near the shoulder before blasting Peter with an energy blast that sent Peter into a light post. Declan didn't have a chance to slide on his overcoat, so he was doing this in a Genesis t-shirt and jeans, he didn't have the sword Excalibur either. Another egotistical charge caught Declan in the thigh drawing blood, before a blast of electricity from Declan bashed Peter into a dumpster, busting Peter open as well.

Looking around quickly Declan was trying to find something on the street to help, given this was mid town, there wasn't a whole hell of a lot to use, he was going to have to do without, he began summoning up a blast or arctic energy in a ball form to throw at Peter while Peter was pulling himself out of the dumpster mortified all the way, and preparing another foolhardy lunge for Declan, when Wendy speeding in her Aston Martin, hit Declan, not at full speed but enough to get him off his feet.

"We don't have time for this Peter, get your ass in the car!"

"You know Dec, one should never argue with a lovely lady! Too bad this one isn't yours!"

Declan pulled himself up, bloodied, and gave one of those smiles that said fuck you. He made a hand gesture and sent Wendy's car with Peter in it, hurling back in the direction of the docks...even hearing the splash as it hit the water.

Wiping the blood off his face Declan got back in the car piloted by Winston and headed home for the evening, Merida had texted him stating she wasn't going to be returning to the Arcana Cabana tonight, meaning he had the place to himself.

After thanking Winston and Declan for taking her home, Oriana couldn’t have been more relieved to peel her dress off as soon as she got through the door. The dratted emerald colored material went flying somewhere in the corner of her living room and she tiredly went to run herself a bath. As she headed up the stairs her jewellery, hair pins and heels littered the carpet. She’d pick up after herself in the morning.

“Never again.” She murmured to herself, throwing in a large amount of bubble bath and salts. “How was it fun?” She asked to the empty air, thinking it was odd for Declan to say that when he escorted her in, but she figured he would have been trying to just be polite. Maybe end the night on a pleasant note…or as pleasant he could make it in consideration of what had happened.

There was a creak outside the bathroom door but when she looked there was nothing there. “Damn shitty apartment. When I get my savings cleared then I can look for a better place.” It wasn’t as nice as the Arcana Cabana and neither did it have the character. It was just a roof with running hot water to her. It wasn’t as if she wanted something special. Just perhaps a home that didn’t come with creaking old floorboards and poor plumbing.

Daydreaming about her future home, Oriana carefully placed her fluffiest dressing gown on the door hook and a dry towel near her before sinking into the lava like water. “Hell yes…” She hissed, twitching as her skin adjusted to the heat and then finally relaxing. It had been a wild few hours, but she could put it behind her now.

No doubt there would be the looks and talk when she went out and about tomorrow. Working at the Tea Party would be even more hellish since more folk would recognise her and although Declan had tried to make sure no one caught a photo of them coming into the ball and leaving, she couldn’t put it past Elsa or Ana to have a snuck a quick photo on their phones to make fun of her with after. “Blasted bitch…” She cursed remembering the blonde-haired ice woman and sank further into the bubbles. Oriana knew that she wouldn’t have fallen had it not been for Elsa. She’d spotted the smirk but had been too late in realising what the reason behind the smugness was.

“Gosh I kissed him. Kinda.” She groaned and rubbed her face free of the makeup with the water around her giving her koala eyes. The car ride had been difficult since she wasn’t surrounded by Eleanor and Morticia. Instead she had suffered the cringing and awkward silence with Declan practically ignoring her the whole way back. “I bet he is secretly angry with me.” After all, he was the one who had to deal with Fergus.

After a good soak Oriana made her way to her bedroom, pulling her dressing gown tight around her and towel drying her hair. She had the oddest feeling she wasn’t alone but that was impossible. She’d checked all the rooms before heading up to the bathroom. Pausing in the hallway she stilled and listened hard for a good minute. Nothing.

“It’s that damn Lancelot making me feel…paranoid.” She told herself, throwing the towel on to the floor in lieu of pulling on the thickest and probably ugliest blue knee length socks on. It was a cold night and she didn’t have the best central heating system. Her thoughts went back to the arrogant man crossing her path.

“Like a black cat! Crossing my path! Nothing can go right when he is invol-” Oriana fell back onto her bed with a sigh rubbing her forehead to sooth the throbbing headache. Something doesn’t feel right…

Oriana was suddenly grabbed by her right ankle; a shriek passed her lips when she was pulled off the bed and onto the floor with a loud thud. A black mist was gathering around her, curtaining her vision and making her choke. Oriana couldn’t get her thoughts straight as she gasped and felt someone….no, something trying to pull her up to her feet by her still damp hair. Remembering her training took a few minutes and Oriana finally sent a blast of fire around herself to dispel the black fog that was stopping her from functioning.

“Who are you?! Get out!” She didn’t wait for an answer however, thanking the Gods that they had blessed her with speed and hurtling down the stairs. Her scalp stung which told her whoever it was had a good portion of her red hair in their hands.

When she got to the living room, she looked around wildly for her phone before slapping herself on the forehead and grabbing the mobile and the knife on the coffee table. Behaving like the stupid girls from the horror movies. Grab a weapon and get out.

Her hesitance cost her though and she swore loudly, “F-fuc-“ the dark energy caught up to her and pinned her to the wall. Her green eyes stung trying to find a face within the foul-smelling smog holding her and her own knife now against her neck. Great, Oriana Mikhailova died by the big bad Ba-Ba Black Sheep…the hell is this?!

When the knife slid into her skin Oriana shut her eyes hard and tried to recall all the advice Declan had given her the past week or so. The phone in her hand clattered to the floor and it was with another wince she heard it crack. Damnit…think, think…what would Declan do? But everything required preparation or at least some distance between her and the attacker. Whatever this was… it wasn’t giving her a chance to move.

Her own blood was staining her white gown and by this time it had a hand around her throat, tight and choking her from saying anything to defend herself. She was perhaps a foot off the ground too. Oriana wondered if this was how they would find her…that damn Nottingham better not send her body back to her Mother. She’d find a way to Casper his arse.

The moment her eyes rolled back, and she started to lose some consciousness is the moment it deigned to introduce itself, the voice whispering in her right ear. The sound was eerie and amused. Entertained by her attempts to free herself from his hold.

“It is nice to finally meet the apprentice…Did you like the presents I sent?” There was a dark hoarse laugh before it flung her across the room and she panted, rubbing her neck and crawling away. Blinking hard she saw the figure now, no longer a vapour but a rather tall but hooded man. She could only see his lips spread into a cruel smirk. He was all in black and her own knife was in his right hand. Some of her blood dripped to the ground off the blunt blade.

“You’re not human.” Oriana breathed out, suddenly feeling exceedingly angry. “Ripper, right? I’ve had enough! I’ve had a shit night as it is without being murdered on top of it.” As much as she would have liked to be shouting at him her voice came out more in croaks. Still, not one to give up, Oriana threw up her hands at the now more solid attacker and a fire wall erupted heading towards him.

Panic arose when she watched him simply walk through the fire and take two steps towards her and unfortunately Oriana felt her control slip. Her skills and talents had always tied in sharply with her emotions and she was feeling too many at that moment.

Anger, fear and alarm caused the fire she had let loose to turn into a mini tornado of blue, coursing through the room until she couldn’t see anything but the need to get out of the house fast. Her furniture, carpet and curtains were all aflame now and she couldn’t gather her wits enough to do damage control.

Oriana wasn’t sure how, but she did burst out the back door eventually, having had to somehow run past her assailant, grab her keys to unlock the door and nearly slamming into the tree outside in her haste to get away. Maybe stubbornness was a superpower?

“F-focus…g-ir-move. Move!“ She told herself, the sight of her home exploding had her once more careening down the road, the fire which had been whirling inside the walls shooting out in every direction.

There was only one place Oriana could go at this time of the night, wearing only one sock. (Great Circe knew where the other one had gone.) A torn robe and soot covering her face, arms and legs.

The Arcana Cabana.

Not ten minutes later, covered in scratches from accidentally falling into a nettle bush on her way there Oriana pounded the door of Declan’s building with one hand still covering the cut on her neck. It was by sheer luck her carotid artery hadn’t been nicked.

The redhead threw nervous looks behind her shoulder in case the Ripper followed her all the way here but how he would have survived that fire she didn’t know.

Declan had refused all aid from Winston in cleaning up his injuries from Peter and Wendy's hands, he was too pissed to think so upon arriving back at the Arcana Cabana. Peter always played to rules of his liking, and was not above cheating or bending them to get his way, what had provoked this attack wasn't known to Declan, just the pain associated with it. Right now Declan looked like he'd tangled with the Minotaur after calling him a sissy, he didn't proceed to the shower either, instead removing his bloodied clothing and changing into cloth pants and sleeveless shirt. He didn't go down into the training room, no he opted for the small room that was converted from the front desk area when the building was a hotel to a quiet room for Merida and Declan when they just needed a moment of reflection.

The Arcana Cabana at one time was a luxury hotel, this was before Merlin bought it for Declan when Declan had ceased to be the apprentice to him. The only thing that remained from the hotel was the Scandinavian sauna. Given the building was only four floors (this included the off limits to the public training room that was in the basement of the building). The main area had been specifically renovated to house the books and other odds and ends of magical nature collected by Declan during his training and even up to the present time. His other stock if you will was provided from various people, faeries, elves, gypsies, mermaids, and others. There were things in private collections too here, kept in glass cases or set to look like museum displays.

Now Declan lit some incense in the dragon shaped incense burner and lit the Greek braziers that were in the room, there was a Celtic circle etched into the floor with four Norse rune markers, to represent the four compass points, while the Celtic circle was the fours seasons and elements. There in small shrine in the corner was a Japanese shrine, the dragon statue was coupled with the phoenix, he'd been given this by a husband and wife samurai duo, it was a thank you for Declan's aid in defeating several Oni (demons) while training with them. Unknown to Declan they'd recognized who Declan was and his lineage...the famed draconian bloodline that ran with the Emrys family. Declan's mother was priestess to the goddess on Avalon and thus forbidden to leave Avalon, Merlin's younger sister. She'd met Fergus at the famed Highland games in Scotland and as the will of Merlin and the goddess...Declan was the result of their union. However Declan's mother fulfilled her duties, and Fergus agreed to raise their son with his soon to be wife Eleanor, with Merlin coming to take the boy when he was 6 for training. Fergus knew what his son was and he feared it.

Now Declan sat in the middle of the circle, the bleeding wounds inflicted by Peter were in no danger of touching the mark on his arm, they runes he couldn't read as Declan did not know the language the druids and priestess of Avalon used, but unknown to him the mark was that of the dragon of Avalon. Merlin had similar markings, though his looked more like tattooing in the ancient Celtic way. Declan always had thought his mark was Norse, but when Balder or Odin couldn't read it...that shattered that idea. Declan had also made it a point to cover the mark before the ball with a large bandage.

Winston had brought his charge a cold dragon fruit drink, and Declan simply told Winston to get some sleep, it was late after all...though the sirens of the fire department were going off...neither of them had any idea why.

Declan focused for a bit in meditation, he'd completed six of his labors, he need the strength to finish them and finally cleanse his guilt over the death of Excalibur. Training Oriana wasn't easy, then again he couldn't imagine how difficult he was to Merlin when he was being trained, the anger Merlin understood all too well was a driving thing with Declan, the anger directed at Fergus' treatment of his eldest son...the forbidding the boy to take the name Dunbroch. The family name no longer bothered Declan, he was fine with Emrys...though he did use 'Robertson' as an alias when needed....which he'd done at Dionysus' casino, he and Oriana had a task there...and they'd be staying as Mr. and Mrs. Robertson, he'd tell her about this soon, she needed to know.

Then there was the thing he needed to sort out with the Hatter...while he'd never tell Oriana to quit her job, he didn't want her working with the Hatter. But it wasn't his place nor his right to make her leave that employment. She'd been given a line of credit paid for by his uncle and auntie, when she had achieved the 200th circle, he'd discuss her leaving the Tea Party, for now he was just trying to protect her.

Declan wasn't stupid, he'd picked up on her discomfort at the ball and understood her embarrassment caused by Elsa, this was why he didn't really want to engage her in the car, there was nothing he could say or do that would make it better and he felt just to let it pass. Sure rumors would fly...they always did. But Jasmine and Aladdin's dancing was more than likely going to be the talk of the town...for good and bad...still Declan couldn't believe they'd do that in public. The Beast was a concern...given his business with his beauties and not mention Belle's unsavory trade...they'd been keeping a low profile so Declan had not been asked to intervene with them.

His focus now was what Hercules had visited him about, the hydra...the gorgon sisters...Hades didn't know what else Horvath had released. The headless horseman disappeared at midnight 1 November. His reign of terror over and Horvath could not bring him back till next October. Persephone had noted that it would be dangerous if Horvath unleashed the titans, but Horvath had no idea where the titans were imprisoned. Instead the chimera would have to suffice. The Minotaur wasn't hostile to Declan, in fact they were friends, with the Minotaur producing the children's programs in Blackhaven.

As he meditated, he tried to focus on what exactly Peter had to do with Horvath, it didn't make sense. Also, would Elsa and Ana make another attempt on Oriana, and the strangest thing of all...his ring...opening his eyes, and looking at his blood covered hand his ring was on...the eyes of the dragon had a black glow...he knew what that meant...someone died, and it was someone of either fey, dwarven, divine, monstrous, or summoned blood that died. The pounding on the door at this hour had snapped his concentration to the point he couldn't mediate any longer.

Extinguishing the braziers and allowing the magical glow of the runes and circle to die down...he left room and headed to the front door. Surprised there was a caller at this hour, not thinking of what he looked like...he opened the door to see Oriana who looked like she'd gotten into a fight with a bush of some sort and lost...and holding a cut on her neck. She was wearing one sock and what he thought was a dressing gown...

Now the sirens made sense, the orange glow against the night sky...but he wasn't going to just leave her there on the front step.

"I'm not going to ask...all that matters is you're okay, now get in here, you cannot be comfortable like that"

He ushered her in, and got her into a comfortable chair, he had some hesitation in moving her hand from her neck, still expecting harm to come to her by his touch, but got over that quickly. He recognized the cut mark...he'd seen it two of the victims, the Ripper. He summoned one of the brooms to bring him some water and Winston's alchemy kit.

"Hold still and relax."

Taking one of the powders from the alchemy kit, Declan used his non blood covered hand to rub the powder into the cut before bandaging it, the cut would be healed in a couple of days, he wasn't going to press his luck with her other scratches. The water he'd asked for was for a wash cloth for Oriana's head. Now he wasn't going to leave her wearing what she was...sure he had the same sort of male desires they all do, but he had been raised to be a gentleman, and that wasn't learned from Fergus or Eleanor...no it was Nimue.

Declan didn't say anything but allowed Oriana to sit for a moment before coming back with one of his Snoopy sweat shirts and a pair of sweat pants.

"You might be more comfortable in these..."

He'd been careful not get his blood on anything, whatever had happened clearly had caused a start in Oriana, he thought for a moment, it was late and she'd been through enough tonight and he didn't want her worried about him nor did he want her worrying further about anything else, she here and she was safe.

"Look, it's late and you've had a rough night, I am sure that's an understatement, but why don't you get changed, and get some rest, if you want you can tell me what happened in the morning. I'll show you to my room, I'll take the futon in the office."

Once the door was opened Oriana breathed a sigh of relief and he needn’t have tried to convince her to come inside, she had wobbled in on tired legs at the slightest indication of him allowing her entry. Once she heard the door click behind her, she breathed a sigh of relief and with that her mind went numb, Declan was saying things to her…a soothing voice after the dreadful occurrence only minutes before and she was mutely nodding to whatever he was suggesting.

Even as he applied some powder to her neck, she looked over his shoulder with a blank look on her face and barely registered the sting it caused on the open wound as her mind was locked into the realisation that her home was no more.

The home she had only been cursing an hour before was dust and ash.

She didn’t even flinch or give any indication that he was cleaning out the back of her head, in the course of the fight when her head had been slammed against a wall, she must have sustained a horrible bruise and some blood leakage but it was dealt with by the sorcerer.

He was now holding out some clothes to her and she swallowed, taking a moment before holding out her dirty hands to show him that it was a bad idea. “I-…can I shower?” She asked, her face had been wiped clean and she hadn’t even noticed herself the silent tears that had made her way down her cheeks but with the blood and mud on her feet how could she just change and sleep? He was being kind enough in offering his room and Merida would kill her for tracking dirt everywhere…speaking of which, she really missed the woman not being here. Usually Oriana was an independent personality but tonight…she could have done with at least a quick hug from the other woman.

Oriana did she want him to leave her on her own. There was doubt the Ripper could have survived such an explosion since he had at one point walked through the fire effortlessly. What if he came back? In that horrible mist form and tried to kill her again?

There was a few sniffles at the thought that everything she owned was now lost. Her belongings, furniture, material values, even the damn dress for the ball and most importantly…the cash savings that had been hidden in the floorboard under her bed.

All these months of hard work and living on cup-noodles only to lose it all within an hour. The most painful thought was that if Lancelot had never entered her life then she wouldn’t have been on the Rippers list in the first place.

Lancelot…the bane of her existence. She knew she ought to finally tell Declan what the issue was there but parts of her were afraid, yes, afraid of his judgement. Somehow during the training his opinion of her had begun to matter and hold weight.

Another part of her simply didn’t want to remember and then the fact she had told Natalya some part of the story only for the woman to shrug and say it was any woman’s story who had come through Blackhaven.

Did that make it okay?

It had been shrugged off as the norm, as something to be accepted and that she should just move on…would Declan think the same?
Oriana shivered, the cold settling into her bones where she sat, and she was suddenly very aware of her state of dress. “P-please? And -…and stay outside the door. Just…he might come back.”

The fire that had taken down her home had unfortunately been a familiar sight. An out of control whirlwind that had caused her problems once before. To think she had vowed she’d never let loose like that again…. was Lancelot right?

Was she really a monster?

"The bath/shower is in my room, take your time."

He'd been there himself with some of the more traumatic dealings in training, though he had to admit he'd never had a serial killer after him, still it didn't mean he couldn't stand outside his own bathroom while Oriana got herself composed. Saying nothing more he showed her where his room and the bathroom, though he did click on the television to see if the late night news had anything on orange glow he'd caught a glimpse of.

Most of the news was about the ball and the red carpet, Mayor White's speech about how the even raised funds to repair the Walter Disney park and statue that Declan and Mordred had destroyed. Then the new broke in about a fire that was being investigated with only one casualty that was charred beyond all recognition, though they did find a bloody if one could call it that, knife on the scene. Things now were making sense to Declan on Oriana's late night visit.

The news again cut to Mayor White and her promotion of the ball and park reconstruction, she basically brushed the fire aside stating that this sort of thing happens and that they'll investigate. She was quickly dodging questions about it as was Nottingham. The fire chief, Roger who was known for having 101 dalmatian fire dogs that were damn good at their job, left no comment about the fire nor the body found.

Clearly the loss of Oriana's apartment was not something to be taken lightly, she'd have to stay here at the Arcana Cabana, putting her up in a hotel until she could find a place was out of the question given what was running loose in town. He'd have to turn the room he was using as a den into a guest room, not difficult...the brooms, mops, and tools could help with that, while she showered he'd have them work on that and hopefully she'd like it when he'd show it to her in the morning. For now she got use of his room, the futon in the office was sufficient for Declan after he cleaned up, he'd use the Japanese baths, the replaced the former hotel's swimming pool in the lower level where the training room was.

The body they'd found...his only guess was it was the Ripper...the ring wouldn't have got nuts like that otherwise. Still what he found more interesting was the news wasn't covering it as it would normally should a big fire hit a building...almost as if it was being covered up...it wasn't his father or uncle's work, no this one was someone else if it was a cover up. Still that could wait till morning when things were settled.

Oriana had been through enough and he could see she was rattled, letting her calm down was the best course of action for now, besides it was late and he was sure both of them were tired, still to help ease her concern...when she'd go to the shower, he'd set the security measures in place so that no one would or could get in...that stone dragon in the front was more than a lovely decoration, as the bear, the moose, and the famed griffon statues were...even if someone unauthorized got in...well getting out wasn't so lucky when those were triggered. A mere hand gesture would activate them, he wouldn't do in front of her given her current state.

For now he'd just see if there was more information he could get from the late news, and if Oriana wanted to talk after her shower, he'd be there to listen.

The night had been spent tossing and turning, various nightmares forcing her up but then her physical lethargy pushing her into deep sleep again. This vicious cycle continued into the late hours of the morning until she got up and achingly padded into the bathroom to freshen up.

Oriana stared at herself in the mirror, taking in the dark circles under her eyes and her usual bright green eyes were marred with red splotches. Last night she’d showered with her knees buckling the whole while and had barely pulled on the too large clothes and crawled into the bed even as Declan continued to watch the news. She hadn’t failed to notice the new guardian statues but since Declan had seemed unfazed by them it didn’t seem important enough to ask.

Her head was pounding now and stomach rumbling, the smell of toast and omelettes had her zombie walking out the room, absent minded petting the griffon statue and tugging the borrowed sweatpants up. She really needed new clothes...maybe Declan would lend her some money. She'd pay him back with some overtime at the Tea Party.

Entering the kitchen area she found Winston on a long stool, casually flicking toast in the air holding a spatula between his paws and sat down taking advantage of the jar of orange juice on the table.

After inhaling down the thickly buttered toast and scrambled eggs Oriana was a bit more alert enough to wonder how she was going to inform Declan of everything that had transpired.

What did she start with? Lancelot…or Ripper?

She sighed and thudded her head on to the table.

When she’d first arrived in Blackhaven, naive soul that she was despite Gothels upbringing, she’d fallen into his trap. Sleeping rough on the outskirts of the town in the Enchanted Park she’d been accosted by a group of other homeless folk for her very small amount of food.

Lancelot had seemingly come to the rescue and offered to help her get settled, presenting himself more as a social worker type of personality than what was the actual reality. He’d taken her in…to what she had thought was a home for women’s aid.

It had been anything but, citing debt on her part soon Lancelot had her forcibly working for the Hatter in the VIP section of the Tea Party and she had worked hard to repay him for the board, food and clothes she had originally thought were being given to her from the kindness of his lying cheating heart.

This led to a situation where she had visited Sir Lancelot's Girls Gone Wild and unfortunately caught the eye of some rather unsavory characters. Her mission to throw the money she owed him in his face had gone significantly wrong when a chloroform handkerchief had covered her mouth as she was leaving. Waking up hours later, and finding herself bruised and sore she’d been mortified that everything had been recorded for the purpose of distributing it to the black market. Lancelot had tried to convince her that she could make a career out of all this but it fell on deaf ears. She’d managed to get her hands on the video tape but the damage that had been to done her couldn’t be fixed.

Her uncontrolled emotions had led to burning out the whole warehouse where they had left her, disfiguring Lancelot and his friends. It had been an unusual occurrence where they’d seen the flames emanate from her skin and flare out outwards, wildfire they’d called it. They had been raging wings of heat spanning the whole warehouse until all was left was her in the middle, a crying mess.

Lucky as hell, they’d escaped being familiar with magical beings and accused her of arson and assault. The next day she was found, hiding out behind the park once more and was dragged to Gawain, who she hadn’t known at the time was either blackmailed by Lancelot or in his pockets. The verdict announced was hardly fair.

The aftermath had left Gawain with his own set of injuries and a stalemate situation. All parties had agreed to go their own way since she held the damning evidence of what they’d done to her…not that she had told them that the video had gotten damaged in the whole ‘arson’ situation in the first place but as long as they believed she had a way to ruin their reputations. It was one thing to own and run a strip club but another to drug and assault someone the way she had been.

Lancelot cleared off after that, but Oriana was left with a missing memory, the thoughts of being violated and a bitter outlook on anyone else who ever offered her help.

But now? When word got around that she had blown up her own house? Gawain would be out for her blood. He had a score to settle after all…

Oriana lifted her head up from the table and blinked at Winston, "...Where's Declan?" She asked.

Back