Whatever the call to Declan's blood, Merlin's blood was here in this place that was so upsetting needed resolution. But for now he needed to rest, the withdraws from the use of blood magic and tension of being in Hogwarts was disconcerting to him. This so called Emrys suite, belonged to his uncle once upon a time, now it almost struck him as no one getting in here but him, this was not a museum by far. The reaction to him surprised him but was not unfamiliar. Sleep soon found him, though his breathing was labored a bit. He was surprised Oriana chose to sleep naked, but didn't comment other than squeezing her chest, with a cold hand, still had the shakes bit too.

"I am not sure what the designs are, my uncle always says 'everything in time'; I am sure we'll find out, I just need to know if I am going to free to roam the halls. I am sure there are answers, but I don't think the classrooms will have them."

Mushu on the other hand was still roaming the halls, one setting about his task, the other part trying to ease his master's tension especially with Potter who seemed to be some kind of god to these people. Mushu was disgusted with Peeves, wondering how the hell that jester knew the Emrys line, it wasn't as if Declan's uncle advertised them.

"Answer me this bloody baron...if that Potter gets in my master's way, there will be issues. I would advise that Potter does avoid the master. Declan is not well right now...any agitation could be trouble for this place, if you know Merlin then you know what I speak of."

Mushu managed to get additional information on these so called death eaters, however Mushu refused to return to the Emrys suite just yet, he did not feel that he had full information for Declan, at least not enough to cool his angered bloodline...the dragon hated dealing with spirits, they could be so moody, obviously Merlin kept Peeves here for a reason, Merlin was here for a reason, but why was this place allowed to stay? That would be something Declan would ask, Mushu went further down the halls of Hogwarts to try and get Declan answers or find traces of Declan's uncle that he could have Declan cut class for.

Last edited:
"We are not here to control the students..." The Baron clinked his chains together and disappeared into the shadows of the hallways. It wasn't really his place to control Peeves either, but he did it as the one good deed of his afterlife alongside his penance for the sins of killing Helena Ravenclaw.

---

The morning had gone horrifically wrong, Oriana had awoken to cramps and had spent an hour retching over a loo. She was starting to worry at the sight of her usual pale skin looking dull and sickly. It did make her think though, never in her whole life did she remember being truly sick like this. She cleaned herself up quietly, as she didn't want to worry Declan and washed her face with cold water.

Thinking back to her childhood in the basement. It was unlikely Gothel would have cared for her if she had become unwell. Luckily, despite suffering starvation and poverty there had never been a time where she had to worry about getting medical treatment whilst living in that tower.

The only time she had visited a 'doctor' was when Natalya had insisted she get a checkup before working at the VIP section of The Tea Party. Apparently the customers demanded you were 'clean' of any sexually transmitted diseases. Not that she had slept with anyone there but it was 'procedure'.

Oriana at that time had agreed for a medical checkup due to her past with Lancelot and his men. Luckily there hadn't been anything wrong with her apart from a confirmation of something Gothel had already told her when she was a teenager. She was infertile. How Gothel had known this she never understood to this day, but had been hearing it since she had gotten her first period.

The doctor confirming it had made her simply shrug her shoulders, there were worse things in life especially during that time...not having a roof over her head and all. Finding out why she was infertile would have costed her hundreds in medical fees so she was still unaware to this day.

Oriana had only used a condom with Declan on their first night together because it had been drilled in her head by Natalya to do so...and secondly, wasn't really ready to have that conversation with Declan. It was one to be had if they became serious and needed to start a family together or if she suddenly felt the desire to have a child. Until then...it was best they just got to know one another in her opinion.

Shaking her head from these thoughts Oriana got read and prepared a small carry bag for the day. She'd return to the Emrys suite after visiting the School Nurse, it was barely dawn.

Luckily, at the back of her lesson plan scroll, was a hand drawn map of key points. One was what was scribbled as the nurses office. So whilst Declan was still asleep, she donned her robe and left the Emrys suite to visit the school nurse. She also made a mental note to thank Professor Snape for scribbling this map for her...it had surprised her to see it. She wondered what had made him do that for her. Had she looked that sick last night too?

When she arrived there was only the Weasley boy in one of the beds, seemingly fast asleep. He had a bucketful of slugs next to him which made her want to be sick again. How disgusting.

The matron seemed nice, and after some introductions and explanations the woman got very worried. She was given a critical look and then quickly pushed on to one of the spare beds and had the curtain pulled around them for privacy. "I noticed you arrived with the Emrys boy...I have made an assumption that you are sexually active with him?" She was whispering at her, as if it was a terrible and awful thing to do. Oriana supposed it wasn't suitable for teenagers still of school age but forgave the woman for that assumption. Obviously Madame Pompfrey didn't know that they were adults.

"Yes. What has that got to do with anything? I'm here for something to help me with my sickness and lethargy..."

"I'm indicating that you are pregnant my dear, allow me to complete a diagnosis spell." At Madame Pompfreys' words however Oriana began to laugh sadly and the nurse put her wand down.

"I am...er, this is confidential right?" Oriana folded her arms.

"As per school policy, unless your health is at risk or you are under a curse then there is no reason to notify your guardians at this time...do your parents know my dear?" Madame Pompfrey had assumed that the redhead in front of her had admitted to being pregnant.

"I er...am an orphan. No guardian." Oriana much preferred calling herself that than to be classed as Gothel's daughter. "And I'm not pregnant. I am infertile." At her words the nurse looked confused.

"How -child,...we have spells to assist with fertility and potions. Have you been to St Mungo's? Unless it's a curse then I doubt there is a reason you can't get pregnant...you should let me test you." This was however one of those tests that Madame Pompfrey could only complete with the patients consent.

Oriana had no clue what St Mungo's was, but she quickly nodded to the nurses assumption that she was cursed. "Yeap, that's it. The curse thing." This place was rather old fashioned and judging by what she had learned far, they didn't put much emphasis on medical science here. She didn't want to confuse the nurse further but managed to get a nasty tasting concoction that thankfully did ease her stomach. "Thanks - can I take a few vials more in case it is persistent or returns?"

Madame Pompfrey watched Oriana leave with a few extra supplies of the Invigoration Draught. It should help the poor girls lethargy. Since she was infertile, the presumption was that the girl simply didn't fare well with Floo Travel.

"Honestly...if she'd just let me test her..." She tutted and carried on with her inventory check. It went unnoticed to her and Oriana that their whole conversation had been listened to by a certain Weasley, whose eyes shot wide open. Madame Pompfrey checked on him a few minutes later and discharged him.

"Do try not to point your own wand at yourself again Weasley..." However Ron Weasley was in a rush to return to his dorms, and spread the news of what he had just found out about the Emrys boys girlfriend.
---

The potion hadn't been fully effective, but it allowed Oriana to walk around without cramping every few seconds and she reached the Emrys suite in time for Declan's usual wake up time. There was a table stacked high with toast, scrambled eggs, porridge and a large bowl of fruit. Oriana opted for dry toast and some orange juice. "Declan, wake up! We have Defence against the Dark Arts in two hours but I want to visit the library first!"

Oriana had burst in at the moment Declan was staggering to the bathroom to get ready, with Mushu in tow yammering about what the dragon found out about this Potter, Granger, and Weasley, character and the cryptic bullshit Peeves was on about. Declan was always difficult to get up and moving in the morning, especially when it was cold. He wasn't too interested in breakfast, but Mushu made him eat some eggs, toast, and fruit. Porridge was not going to help him with getting over the use of blood magic.

The magic mirror, that it seemed every sorcerer, druid, wizard, or other such user of magic had, he looked pale still, the sweating had gone down, the bags were there. The water he splashed on his face and running his head under the sink, just to cool down. He was still running warm, but otherwise able to function. In fact he'd rather have slept in and screw the first class, he'd rather wander about and find out what his uncle would have to do with this place, it full of clowns as far as he was concerned, well, aside from the professor they'd met when they got sorted.

He did still want to slap the taste of that Malfoy, he suspected that one would get his in the end. Moving slow on purpose, he was taking his sweet ass time in getting ready, before he heard Oriana go on about the library.

"What in the world do you want in the library?"

Mushu had been telling Declan about portraits, and how they talk and give advice, the dragon had heard rumor that Merlin had his own portrait in this place...

"If that true, you need to see if you can find it...remember you cannot be in your normal form..."

"Yeah, yeah these wannabe wizard weenies would shit their robes, c'mon Dec, let me scare the balls off Potter!"

"No, stay to your form, you'll have your chance to scare the crap out of Potter."

Now the difficulty and agonizing part for Declan, having to wear shoes, he looked out the window and noticed that some of the students had scarves with their houses on them, he sighed knowing they'd be given the same.

"Are you alright Oriana? Only toast, you usually want a heavier breakfast, and what is with all the potions?"

"Oh I went to see the nurse...kept feeling sick." She didn't mention that she'd spent an hour retching up last nights dinner. "These are to help me feel less tired. We think it's the Floo Travel...a bit like when we get travel sick." She tucked the potions in to her carry bag and washed the taste of dry toast out of her mouth with another swig of orange juice. "And what's all this recon work about Mushu." She narrowed her eyes at the dragon, "You will behave. I'm here as a holiday and to experience the student life. I want no funny business out of you two. All these questions about the what, why and how of Emrys suite and any other question hanging over your heads can be quiet simply be answered by your Uncle when we get back to Blackhaven. We are not to get involved with the situation here!" Oriana pointed a chiding finger at both of them, "There will be no removing the balls of any student here...I hope I am making myself clear to you two. Right, and the library because - " She went over to her other luggage bag and pulled out one of the tomes she had gotten from Diagon Alley. "I'm unsure what language this is written in...and I feel a strange connection to it. So I thought I'd see if there were any other similar volumes like this here...apparently the Hogwarts library has more extensive resources. I was thinking maybe your Uncle left something here in his younger years."

Oriana had the feeling that despite the warning she had given to Declan and his troublesome familiar, they would still misbehave and forget that they were surrounded by children and teenagers. At the end of the day, she and Declan were adults and from another world so to speak. They had no right to meddle with the affairs of these people and if Merlin himself had allowed whatever was going on here to continue then who were they to say anything?

Declan set Mushu back to his recon task, there was something Declan didn't trust here and the fact that Merlin allowed it to remain as is, there was something not being said the only person that could be trusted he thought would be the professor they'd met last night, Dumbledore seemed too eager to attempt to befriend Declan once his linage was out.

"Mushu, find out about this portrait of uncle Merlin and dig up what you can on this Dumbledore."

"What if this Potter kid gets in the way? Can I burn him?"

"No, Oriana said to behave. Just color spray him."

Mushu didn't like the idea of not being able to torch Potter, but Declan was allowing him to color spray him, this was a spell that from the casters fingers, various colors sprayed out like spray paint, and had varying effects such as if one was hit with green it would be like an acidic feeling. The trick didn't cause harm so to speak.

Declan was still rubber legged, but was managing the more he walked it off, he did raise an eyebrow as if to say really Oriana, but let it pass once she explained about the library.

He was not interested in interfering in what was going on here, terrorist situation or not, he wanted to know simply what his uncle's connection was and Mushu could access places he couldn't without blowing the cover.

They made their way to the library, to allow Oriana to explore the tome, he'd be close by, like he would on any other adventure, and something he'd learned the hard way time and time again, he needed to know his opponents...figure out who was friend and who was foe here. He'd been wondering if that professor and head of their house knew that they were adults, he didn't act with surprise when Declan was outed as an Emrys they way everyone else did.

Most of the books held no interest to him, they looked to him like parlor tricks or something Baba Yaga would use back in Blackhaven, hexes and curses. He had minimal knowledge in potions and the tomes there didn't hold interest. Though there was one there that did, creation of ones own wands. Declan knew enchantment, but crafting wands could be of use especially if as the ones he did have back home could be given more than one thing.

He might have to send Mushu back here to scry it, unless their professor would allow him to take it...

Oriana spent an hour and a half, studying the strange book she had found with the other languages and trying to find a fixed time period. The awful thing was, when she finally got around to linking it to some language...and it nearly always was south asian it changed the characters before her very eyes. This book simply didn't wish to be read in her opinion.

She sighed sadly, and shut the tome with a frustrated groan. "Declan...this is impossible, every time I come close...it's like there's an evasive tactic built into it's damn pages." As she was complaining she heard some whispers from behind her, there she saw the Potter boy trying to pull away a grinning Weasley and with them the bored Granger girl who clearly thought she had better things to do.

With them, were a large group of Griffindoor's and instead of going through the shelves for any books they were all stood clearly gossiping with each other and staring at her.

"Shush Lavender-" A dark haired girl pulled her friend back, hissing at her not to cause problems.

As their voices got louder the librarian snapped at them to leave. Oriana put away her belongings, and checked the clock. It was time for their first lesson anyway. "Come on." She told Declan, her expression was of confusion. She didn't know why they had been staring at her in such a way, the girls had been as if she was something disgusting and the boys had been almost leery...

"Strange them lot." She muttered, pulling Declan along with her to the hallways and following Snape's map to the right room. It was then she felt something wet hit the back of her neck. Frowning, she turned around and touched the back of her hair at the same time. It was a wet piece of parchment and it was clear the culprit was the Weasley boy....hadn't she seen him back at the hospital? Guess he felt better and good enough to be spitting paper at her. "What the hell was that for?" She asked angrily, her hand quickly going to Declan's in case he decided to act. They're just stupid kids...don't kill them...just stupid teenagers...

"Slytherins Slut!" It wasn't Weasley who called out to her, but another boy within his year. "Is that why you were begging Snape to let her into your rooms last night Emrys? Good lay is she?" Granger was huffing at the group, tugging at their arms and nagging them about 'loosing points' and getting 'detention for this'.

Oriana clenched her fists, "This is my first day at this school - rather unsure what is possessing you all to behave like this. Let's just end it here before things get very bad for you." It was then that Weasley pushed forward, Potter had been trying to hold him back but the redhead seemed to have an axe to grind with her.

"Oh we saw you last night getting chummy with Malfoy and Snape eh. I heard he's knocked you up and all - right from Pompfrey's mouth! We don't want your sort here in Hogwarts. So pack your bags...and go back to whatever dark school you came from. Blackhaven, that's what we heard isn't it. Bet it's the same as Durmstrang." The boy had his chest puffed up, as if he was some kind of school spokesperson.

Oriana had no idea where all this vitriol was coming from and she sighed in annoyance at his indication that she was pregnant. "You're making up a load of bullshit form a conversation you probably only half heard since your ears were filled with slugs - you halfwit." She pulled her bag tighter to her shoulder, glancing at Declan. "We should go."

There was a whizzing sound from behind her, and a loud clatter. By the time Oriana twirled to look behind her and then back forward to the group of Griffindoors, Peeves had arrived and decidedly dumped sewage water all over Ron Weasley.

Oriana in that moment, decided Peeves wasn't so bad. "Thank you." She whispered to the poltergeist who only cackled and bowed at her, he hadn't finished and began blowing raspberries at the other students.

"See!" Ron spluttered, getting red in the face as passerby's groaned at the smell permeating from him. "She controls Peeves like The Bloody Baron! She's a dark witch!"

"...for the love of - do make your mind up, what am I? A slut? A dark witch? Pregnant? Stick to one insult at least if you're going to act like a buffoon!"

Declan had to remind himself that they were just kids, but this Weasley seemed down right stupid. At least from what he could gather Granger, so this was the Granger girl that was the overachiever, and Potter who had some sense as not to start a battle with them. Still, master and apprentice they were, but really now a couple, Declan did feel he had to defend her honor. But he didn't know if his bloodline would boil and cause trouble, he didn't know now if his eyes were even glowing.

"Who said she controls Peeves? How do you know I didn't do it? Or is your brain too small to see the bigger picture? I am guessing you're staring trouble due to your lack balls? Or are you really just plain stupid?"

To Declan he sounded normal, he had no way of knowing if he had that echoing growl that some called his demonic voice, he walked in a circle around Weasley.

"Wow Weasley, you could use a shower...then again from what I understand this smell is an improvement, is this a piece of your brain? If so I would have expected more...sad as it is."

Declan pointed at Granger, again he was hoping is his eyes were not glowing, but if they were it'd better be a dull glow. Declan was trying not to laugh at Peeves, but he was thankful.

"Why don't you do us all a favor and take your babbling idiot here out in the hall before he embarrasses himself further."

He leaned in to Weasley and hissed.

"I smell the fear on you, and I can assure you Weasley you have no idea what you're messing with, back off now, I doubt you know what an apology is given how stupid you sound."

Declan felt the rage, rise and fall, this was many of the students first look at the Emrys up close. He laughed at them in a way.

"Really dark witch? Do any of you truly know what a dark witch is? Clearly Weasley doesn't he's just a babbling buffoon, that can't make up his mind what people are cause he doesn't know."

Declan turned his back before he was tempted to blow their cover by not using a wand, but he did have a question for Oriana, that he whispered. He grabbed the book she was attempting with, he didn't care it was coming with them.

"Pregnant? Where's that coming from?"

The students around them gave them a wide birth after hearing Declans voice, the growl wasn't obvious but he didn't exactly sound 'human'. Oriana covered her face with one hand to get try and cover her embarrassment, not used to the idea of reality of anyone else standing up for her. Potter was dragging his friends away, with an angry look his face to which she rolled her eyes at. Declan's question had her sheepish as she pulled him away, tugging him to their first lesson. "Well, he probably overheard the Matron overreacting when I asked for some medication. You know I've not been feeling well - so, they just over exaggerated it."

Behind them Madame Pince was shrieking about taking a book without signing it out, but they paid her no notice. "Either way, you should have let me deal with that. I'll let you know if I need defending." She poked his rib gently as a mild deterrent and started heading back to the dungeons area where there classroom supposedly was. "Nevermind anyway, I'm more interested in finding out what is going on with this book than what these students here think of me. They can call me the whore of Babylon if they want - I couldn't care less." They'd be gone in less than a month, what did it matter what a bunch of teenagers thought of her? It was to be expected as well, she was the new girl hanging around Hogwarts new celebrity and sorted into Slytherin which people here thought made you instantly evil.

They reached the door of Professor Snape's classroom, and thankfully they were one of the first to arrive. They would be able to choose where they wanted to sit.

Declan returned Potter's angry look with one of his own, when Oriana dragged him off to the class. The library had been odd to say the least but he was going to hopefully get answers as what these people considered the "Dark Arts". Mushu certainly didn't know but that's not what he was sent out to find, nor did Declan want him near that Hagred he was hearing about, something about the magical beasts...he sure didn't want his familiar out in the open and exposed like that stupid hat had done. He didn't comment to Oriana, to him that sort of behavior wouldn't stand, he'd been called much worse by Fergus, and no one else should have to be subject to that.

Not interested in sitting up front where Declan figured the overly eager to impress students would sit, nor did he want to sit in the back where the troublemakers would sit, he got on neutral ground in the middle area. He was hoping to avoid Malfoy and his followers, that desire for his family to want to get to know them was a red flag.

Declan would try his best not to look bored during class, this whole thing with wands really had him shaking his head, sure he and Oriana could do all these tricks without the wands, in fact he could do half of what he'd seen here at age 10, he'd just lacked control at that age.

Snape however, Declan listened to during the lecture, this one at least seemed to have his head on right and the best part wasn't falling all over himself on having an Emrys here unlike the other members of the staff and students.

Mushu on the other hand had been wandering about looking for Merlin's portrait and these supposed vaults that the portrait supposedly guarded or knew how to access, it wasn't clear from what he managed to gather from the other portraits or ghosts that roamed the halls, the dragon was certainly not going near the Griffyndor dorms, that Dumbledor might get wise to what he really was. Still the question remained why Merlin had a portrait here, there had to be a reason for it.

Oriana, for her part was enthralled with Professor Snape. He had a unique method of explaining things, rough but eloquent.

There class was with, unfortunately, the Griffindors and that meant Potter, Weasley and Granger strolled in the last possible minute and took the seats at the front at the insistence of Granger. She caught the 'Golden Trio', something she had heard one of the Slytherins mutter sarcastically all give Professor Snape ugly looks.

All the man was doing was trying to teach them,

“The Dark Arts are many, varied, ever-changing, and eternal. Fighting them is like fighting a many-headed monster, which, each time a neck is severed, sprouts a head even fiercer and cleverer than before. You are fighting that which is unfixed, mutating, indestructible."

Well, if that didn't sound like something right up Declans alley! Perhaps this was Professor Snape's way of explaining that he knew more about them? By hinting at the Hydra? She had also noticed something, Snape himself didn't use his wand very often and talked about theory more so and was clearly passionate about the Dark Arts rather than the defense of them. It was surely one thing to respect the Dark Arts as a dangerous enemy, another to speak of them, as Snape was doing, with a loving caress in his voice. Oriana for one, didn't mind even though Potter was continuing to shoot the professor and her dirty looks.

A projector screen was eventually put onto display, and Oriana leaned against Declan's shoulder to watch a reel about the progression and evolution of the Obscurus throughout the years. The fact they were formed from lonsg standing child neglect had Oriana feeling uncomfortable as it triggered past memories. If she had repressed her powers and not harnessed them, was that what would have become of her?

Declan sat through the class, interested in a sense of the word because this sounded like what his father and most of Blackhaven thought he was, a dark magician or possessed dark powers. The way the professor here explained it was much better than most, still the Griffyndors annoyed the hell out of him and it could be seen in his expressions and mannerisms. He shot looks to tell them to back off, whether his eyes were glowing or not he could not tell.

One thought he'd come back to what the odd behavior of Oriana and her trip to the nurse...was she really sick from the travel or was it something else that was hinted at and he'd been too distracted to notice.

Mushu meanwhile, continued to wander the halls looking for any information or possibly location of Merlin's portrait, of course he spent more time in the kitchen eating when the cooks were not looking, but as Mushu figured why search on an empty stomach. In his bird form he decided to eavse drop on some of the classes to see if there were any clues, that crazy goggle eyed teacher he found disturbing and frankly clueless, she didn't have any ideas.

Where would that be kept? Given Dumbledor's ego it would have to be out of view of the students.

The days past by rather quickly for Oriana, every weekend she spent hunting Merlin's portrait with Mushu (just to stop his whining) and trying to make some headway into the mysterious tome that refused to be 'read' by her. Every page would end up being in another language and it would change the next night when she opened it. It became too difficult to translate or transcribe. Her most favorite evenings were spent with Declan in the Astronomy Tower, after they'd shoo'd Mushu away and spent hours getting frisky under the night sky. A few illusions and spells usually kept the wandering teachers and students at bay and gave them their privacy.

They were in their last week when trouble reared it's head, mostly Oriana had been ignoring Ron Weasley's constant mantra of "Oriana is Slytherin's whore and a dark witch." but things changed when her food was tampered with using something called a 'Nosebleed Nougat'. It was apparently one of the older Weasley twins concoctions but coupled with all the potions she had taken recently, the reaction went beyond a regular nosebleed and she had spent hours in agony in bed. After pulling through, and despite the rest of the Slytherin girls asking her to 'leave it' since 'Dumbledore won't do anything about it' she still grabbed her robe and went charging off to find that damnable Ron Weasley.

Lo and behold, she found him near the hallways to the painting of the Fat Lady. "You little nitwit!"

Since her health had already been deteriorating, what with constant feeling of nausea and lethargy the nosebleed and pain had pushed her tolerance over the edge. "That's it!" She'd had enough and charged over to the Golden Trio. "I'm on medication already you imbecile, that so called prank could have made me land up in with Madam Pompfrey." At his amused face, Oriana lifted both hands and blasted a heatwave at him - causing him to be pushed backwards and be slammed into a pillar.

Potter, who had just crawled out of the entryway of the Fat Lady's painting with Granger in tow only saw Oriana use wandless power to slam his best friend into the pillar. It dawned on him that Ron must have been right, for Oriana to possess such power. That would mean she had tampered with dark arts and was probably in league with Voldemort. He raised his wand, intent on stopping her before she harmed Ron more. "Oi! Sectumsempra!" A yellow light streaked out of his wand, and Oriana barely had time to jump out the way but unfortunately it hit her in the shoulder blade causing a horribly painful cut to open up the skin around that reached up to her neck. She screamed out in agony, realizing that he'd used a cutting spell and was quickly bleeding out. She slipped in a pool of her own blood and panted on the ground, thinking of a way to get to Declan and get herself healed. For some reason, her usual self healing powers weren't kicking in.

Granger screamed just as loud, pushing Potters wand and arm down and asking him what the 'hell was that spell' and scrambling her bag for some 'dittany' to help Oriana. "We'll get expelled...or worse! What if her boyfriend finds out!" The hallway was quickly filling up with more Griffindors who were more interested in getting Weasley and Potter out of the 'crime scene' than helping Oriana get help.

Delcan in the meantime had been looking over one of the books his uncle had left, one that couldn't be read by people not of the bloodline or at minimum those that were allowed...which were not many. Some of this had been about Camelot, but a note from Merlin himself in the book noted that some idiots were taking the "Order of Merlin" the wrong way.

He didn't have time to read more, there was a commotion going on and he though he'd heard that obnoxious Weasley shout something as well as the name of Potter.

In all his haste he'd left his wand with Mushu, who had being going on about a location of Merlin's portrait and some vaults that might have something of interest to them.

The Slytherin students parted the way as if Merlin himself was walking through and the look on Declan's face, could have set Potter ablaze, frozen, poisoned, and electrocuted all at once. Mushu scrambled to look at Oriana's shoulder, he was not going to stop his master, unless Declan was goin to kill Potter.

A quick hand gesture from Declan had Potter blasted into a pillar, which Declan then waved a hand and knocked Potter's wand clear, followed by having some candleabras come to life and hold Potter in place, all the while making hand gestures to slowly cut into Potter's skin and choke him just enough for Declan to get his point across.

Declan could feel the burn of the bloodline, but he wasn't lost to it yet, the rage was there, but he was doing his best to control it. Weasley tried to interviene only to be met with the same force blast, followed by having a water bucket splash him and Declan to freeze him with an icy stare, literally encasing the hapless Weasley in ice.

Granger didn't dare attempt to help, but still wanted to know what that spell Potter had cast. Declan in a low whisper, though only Oriana could tell if it was the influence of the blood line or Declan himself, but something of it was very much his uncle.

"So Potter, we meet at last, can't say this is a pleasure. But you've picked the wrong person to mess with here arse biscuit. I must say I am disappointed in your so call skills, but that spell clearly shouldn't be in your or anyone's repertoire for that matter...because you clearly don't have an understanding of what you're doing. You're lucky I didn't shove that wand up your ass Potter."

The sorcerer turned to the other Slytherin.

"Dumbledore will have to do something about this, it's one thing to use magic to attack, but this was abuse of power and it shall not be overlooked. As for you Potter, you ever do something like this to Oriana or myself..."

He had the sconce around Potter's neck tighten enough to draw some blood as well as the one's around his wrists. Declan kicked Potter's wand to Granger.

"Let your friend thaw out...the other one can be released after Oriana and I go back to the library."

He made a gesture with his fist, to loosen the grips on Potter a bit more, but he was going to leave him there for more humiliation. Declan had a powder he'd gotten from his uncle's suite, it was known his uncle was always prepared for events, and this had been left by one of the phoenix carvings.

"Not sure what this is Ori, but try placing this on the cut."

He was sure by now there was some gawking that he didn't use a wand, and this had escaped him in the heat of the moment...he couldn't know what would happen next, but he made it a point that Dumbledore would now have to take action on Weasley, Potter, and them, but the point was he'd taken these troublemakers down a peg.

Whilst everything was going on, Oriana was busy battling with the intense need to cry. She took the powder Declan offered with an angry sigh, wondering why she was having such an emotional reaction to a bunch of moronic kids and that too in front of everyone. A silent shadow loomed behind them, and after she had patted in the powder to her shoulder there was a slight 'tsk' behind her.

Professor Snape raised his wand and with a barely there whisper, began healing the skin so Oriana didn't have to suffer the pain as much that she would have with the powder. "Vulnera Sanentur."

There was a sizzle and her skin itched as it stitched itself back together. "Thank you Professor." Her voice was dull, and Oriana suddenly felt very homesick for Blackhaven. At least there if someone did this to them, then her and Declan could retaliate in kind. Here, at the most they had to apply a forgiving nature because at the end of the day the idiots surrounding them were indeed just children. "Let's go Declan..." She wouldn't mind spending the rest of their days at Hogsmeade, the need for a school life had dissipated and what was left was just...bitterness.

"Potter. Weasley. One hundred points from Gryffindor!" Professor Snape drawled distastefully, staring at the struggling form of the Gryffindor and his best friend. Potter tried to protest but was blocked instantly. "Enough whimpering. Save your excuses. I saw the whole thing, let us see how Dumbledore and Minerva save you this time." He turned to Declan with a sweep of his robe, "Release them Emrys, we will take them to the Headmasters office." His black eyes glittered dangerously and the Gryffindors around them scampered away leaving the hallway empty apart from them, the still frozen Weasley and a nervous Grainger.

Oriana scoffed, "Dumbledore? What will he do apart from award them points? After all, I'm just a whore and a dark witch and it was brave of them to go up against me. Right?" She reached up, pretending to tuck her hair back but silently patted the invisible Mushu to keep him calm. "Declan and I will just take our leave, I don't wish to be here anymore and we can then return home when this week ends."

Snape walked up to the still stuck Potter, staring at him coldly. "You dare use my own spell against my student, Potter? It was I who invented them — I, the Half-Blood Prince!" The only thing the boy in front of him could do was splutter in shock.

Next to them Grainger, who had been gathering all the fallen textbooks of her friends gasped and stared wide eyed as their teacher grabbed a Defense Against Dark Arts book from her hands and slipped it into his robes. "Emrys, I do not know why you possess this wandless ability but you need to let Potter go. I will take him to Dumbledore now." There was a pause, "You two will need to come to. We have much to discuss...there is no point leaving before you secure what you and your familiar have been hunting for."

Oriana's eye widened, how did he know of Mushu? Hadn't the dragon been invisible the whole time? She turned her head to glare at Mushu, silently asking him when he gave himself away.

"Do not be surprised. Not all of us within these walls are complete and utter dunderheads."

The rage was still flickering in Declan, his blood had risen, Mushu and Oriana could do little to calm it during the ensuing chaos, but at least Potter had gotten emasculated, and what's more Professor Snape sided with Declan and Oriana. What Declan had failed to realize is he was still holding Potter in the embarrassing situation, and somehow had gone to the point of having a sconce with candles at the moron's male area.

It was like uncle Merlin telling him to release the hold or calm down, something in Snape's voice that got the sorcerer to comply, Declan released Potter, but not before ensuring he landed face first on the ground. It was not clear when Mushu gave himself away, at least he'd not given himself away as a dragon, but going to see this Dumbledore would be interesting, he could not say if the headmaster would kiss his ass or try and punish him, if it was punishment all Declan would do is laugh.

Moving to Oriana and agreeing that they needed to follow Snape to Dumbledore's office, Declan offered no resistance. Sure he gave his abilities away...but not everything, the damn hat had exposed his being an Emrys, he merely proved he was an Emrys in this little display, he didn't know if Snape knew that it could have been much worse or not, but Declan did feel the eyes of the Ravenclaw girl on himself and Oriana.

"Come on now Ori, as you said we need to follow their rules, you're good at negotiating this may prove a chance for you to do so."

Mushu at that moment had gotten the information about Merlin's portrait for him and from the Ravenclaw girl, that only an Emrys could understand the portrait...well that was encouraging once they finished with Dumbledore, Declan was going to have a word or three with the painting, it was the key to unlocking Oriana's tome that she'd found, beyond that the sorcerer knew little as did his familiar.

"Professor Snape, I cannot explain how I have the wandless ability aside from being Merlin's nephew."

Declan laid the first chip on the table, there was a reason for it and Oriana was going to have to trust him here, he was hoping she would. Snape kept them separated from Weasly and Potter to prevent any further issues, but Declan got the sense that his display created some fear as they followed to Dumbledore's office.

Oriana simply sighed and hummed at Declans words, the walk to Dumbledore's office had her holding his hand tightly somewhat in tension of him loosing his temper with an old man unnecessarily and also from the feeling of her chaotic emotions. "I really want to go home." She mumbled, but despite her slightly whining tone didn't burst into tears as others would have. Her skin prickled as they passed a blonde Ravenclaw girl before they reached Dumbledores office. Strange...

Snape lazily muttered at the gargoyle statue in front of them, "Bubblegum." He said it in a manner as if he would give anything to use any other word but that. "We will discuss your bloodline later Emrys. For now, let us deal with these imbeciles." With a flick of his wrist, the doors swung open and he strode in with one hand each on Weasley and Potters ears, his grip tight enough to drag them in despite their painful yowls.

Grainger, still clutching her book bag followed him complaining about not using physical punishments on children and students. This will ignored.

Entering the Headmasters office, Oriana automatically felt violated as every portrait suddenly woke up from it's sleeping state to stare at her and Declan. It wasn't the same as when in the hallways with the other students. If possible, her grip on Declan tightened more so and she leaned into him. "Intrusive." She said quietly, feeling on edge.

The bearded wizard with twinkling blue eyes, rose from his seat behind the table and admonished Professor Snape forcing their Head of House to release the boys and fold his arms grudgingly. "Potter." He snapped, "Used a dark curse on a female Slytherin student Headmaster. Weasley, has been hurling vitriol and demeaning comments towards her - " He flicked his hand towards her, indicating the torn shirt at Oriana's shoulder. "And when challenged on his behavior, did not curtail it but Potter decided the correct action was to harm her with a severe cutting curse. Had Mr Emrys not supplied her with a healing powder and I had not healed her, she would have bled out to death." His tone grew colder at each word, and at the mention of nearly killing Oriana the boys began spluttering with words about dark arts and evil Slytherins. As per them, it was just self defense and no normal student would do magic without their wands.

"Enough!" Dumbledore eyed Harry Potter and his shredded clothes and clearly disheveled appearance, barely glancing at Oriana in concern. "Who has harmed Mr Potter? Surely, a violent reaction does not resolve their...adolescent differences."

"Adolescent differences?!" Oriana said in shock, "I've been verbally bullied and assaulted sir, this is not about mere differences."

"Miss Oriana, surely you can not claim that Mr Potter and Mr Weasley truly meant any harm with their actions." Headmaster Dumbledore shook his head at her disapprovingly, "Yes, we admit they should not have used such a spell on you but Mr Weasley here seems to be wet from either an ice curse or something similar and Mr Potter looks much worse for wear." He sighed and stepped out from behind his desk, "Severus...the full story if you please."

Professor Snape, nearly felt his tight grip on his anger snap but managed to reel it in. "Upon seeing his housemate and girlfriend, Mr Emrys took it upon himself to...teach Mr Potter a vital lesson." He knew where this would go now. "Frankly, given the situation at hand. Who can blame him?" There was one thing to be thankful for, Minerva wasn't here.

"Indeed." Dumbledores voice turned grave with concern, looking over at Declan. "Mr Emrys, whilst you may possess gifts passed down from Merlin that does not mean you forget that with great power comes an even greater responsibility. I must insist that in future you reign in the desire to harm others as the first automatic response." He waved a hand at the Gryffindor trio. "Mr Potter. Mr Weasley. You will write some lines about respecting fellow students. Dismissed. Miss Grainger, please take them immediately to Madame Pompfrey for a quick fix up."

Grainger wasted no time, knowing that an angry Declan and Snape would be looming at them any second she pushed her two friends quickly out the office with a breathless "Yes sir."

Professor Snape closed his eyes and breathed out. "Some lines?" He turned and watched the trio leave with a stony silence.

"Yes Severus, I believe I noticed the Gryffindor points fall dramatically and as such, the required discipline has been metted out. Now, Mr Emrys and Miss Mikhaĭlova. Take a seat. We will need to call upon your guardians. The portraits informed me that elemental magic and wandless magic was used - most dangerous." Dumbledore returned to his seat and pulled out a large tome, flicking through it and then looking up with a confused expression. "Why does Hogwarts Register not have your guardians names?"

Declan stood in an almost eerie silence, Snape and Oriana could now note the reddish color his eyes had gone ruby red, the only thing saving Potter and Dumbledore now was Oriana holding his hand. Writing lines? Had he done that when training uncle Merlin or Phil would have put him through paces or extreme training.

He was trying not to snap, enough was enough.

"I can see why Potter thinks he can get away with the crap he pulls, you clearly have favoritism that or you're just that bloody fucking stupid old man."

Declan was calm, but something in his voice was almost as if it were from another time and place, almost Camelot, Snape would surely note this as he was Slytherin, but Declan was throwing another chip onto the table.

"We came here to see what this was all about, and clearly it's lost it's way of it should be, you are one of the worst headmasters I've ever seen, it's appalling how you want to overlook bullying and encouraging ego, you want to throw at me that bloody speech over great power and responsibility, have you no fucking clue? If not taught properly shit like this happens, and I for one am thankful you have teachers like Professor Snape here, they see the truth in what happened, your idiot Weasly and Potter started it, I came to Oriana's defense, yet you're not getting their so called guardians involved...what shit."

He again remained calm with what he was about to say, he could not believe Dumbledore was such a moron.

"How much of a dumb fucking quack must you be to miss the obvious? How can I do wandless magic, who do you think my uncle is..."

He paused, knowing he was going to have to spell it out for Dumbledore, because clearly he was an idiot.

"My uncle is Merlin Emrys, the Merlin Emrys! You ass clown."

There was a hand on Declan's shoulder, one he knew all too well, Oriana would feel the same hand, it would feel similar to Declan but a more seasoned, powerful one...the name Declan mentioned.

"Declan, enough, I know the use of blood magic is taking a toll, but I am here now...guardians, yes well I admit I forgotten about this place...sorry my boy I don't recall everything. Now then Albus...what is it exactly you're accusing my beloved nephew of?"

Merlin was in his customary blue slacks, loafers, a rose colored collared shirt, no tie, and his leather jacket. It looked to Declan as if his uncle had been pulled away from a gala or some important event back in Blackhaven.

"And I must confess Albus, you use of my name in that Order of Merlin has me quite annoyed, how did you become headmaster here?"

Declan stepped back an collapsed into Oriana's arms, he was spent and relieved, Merlin showed no anger at them, in fact this would have been encouraged by him had he remembered Hogwarts. But Declan didn't realize his uncle knew Dumbledore...

"Here I thought I was struggling Ori, what's going on with you? You're up and down emotionally."

"I don't know Declan...might have something to do with a bunch of kids trying to kill me today, I don’t know!" Despite her snappy response Oriana wrapped her arms around him, holding him in place but also giving herself, some comfort. "I just don't feel like myself right now."

Dumbledore gaped. His mouth fell wide open as Merlin himself seemingly materialised out of nowhere and into his office.

"This-but you-" He spluttered, then fell back into his chair and stroked his beard. It had been shocking enough to have the young Emrys hurl abusive words at him expressing that anger...which he found to be dark in nature. Yet this was unprecedented, Merlin himself although extremely powerful was rumoured to have long died out long ago. Plus, the man in the chocolate frog cards was painted as an elderly wizard not this middle-aged man in front of him. By appearance he seemed to be in his late thirties, if that. He also spoke as if he knew of him already. "How...you just apparated into my office?"

Hogwarts, a History clearly stated that no one could apparate onto its grounds but here stood the proof itself. The comment about him being the worst Headmaster was lost on him. He was the great Albus Dumbledore, feared by Lord Voldemort himself. Surely, they were simply mistaken. "Lord Emrys...goodness, do take a seat and we can discuss all this calmly." He gestured at the seats in front of his desk but suddenly found himself hovering mid-air, upside down and his robes falling open to reveal his boxer shorts.

Professor Snape couldn't help stopping the snort at seeing Dumbledore's undergarments, the worst part being the rubber duck print all over them. To him, it was justification for all the bullying he had received as a teen here at Hogwarts by the deceased Potter that Dumbledore had allowed to slide then too.

"Thank you." Merlin calmly took the seat which Dumbledore had been occupying and set the man to stand next to Professor Snape, his beard all over the place and watched the wizard put himself together again with a swish of his wand. "I must say, this is most outrageous!"

Merlin leaned back into the plush chair and raised one eyebrow. "What is outrageous is that Declan here was forced to defend Oriana within the walls I had created to ensure her future safety."

At his cryptic words Oriana frowned, for her safety. Really? She glanced at Declan to check if he knew anything about this.

"You called upon their guardians, so I thought I'd pay a long overdue visit." With a slight flick of his finger, a sofa appeared in the office and he nodded at Declan and Oriana. "Sit, you're both tired." His eyes glanced over Oriana, as if he was seeing something the others couldn't. "Especially you Oriana..." He knew the woman didn't like him too much, questioned his actions and stance in Declan’s life and hoped they would come to a mutual understanding one day.

Professor Snape did what he knew best in situations like these, silently stepping into the more shadowed part of the office to observe. Might he add, he was thoroughly enjoying this even as his mind was adding up all the peculiar events unfolding in front of him. What he had once theorized, was coming through. Merlin had never passed or moved on; he was no mere wizard.

"I must insist, this is not the correct method to disciplining the children." Dumbledores eyes were no longer twinkling, even though he obediently sat down at the seat opposite what was once his own. "In future your nephew will wreak havoc -"

"Like you have wreaked havoc upon this world? Weakened the minds of the children? Why is wandless magic such a shocking thing here, in my time here it was most common...? Well, if taught correctly and I am assuming you did not wish for anyone to grow more powerful than you." Merlin clasped his hands together, "Anyways, you wished to meet Oriana's guardian too correct? Let us call upon her...otherwise this meeting shall be quiet dismal." There was a sudden sweep of heat, the windows fell open and Fawkes who had been on his pedestal watching this spectacle suddenly started squawking in fear.

In the middle of the office, a mist appeared which turned slowly in to the shape of a curvaceous woman. It was almost like staring at a replica of Oriana…had she been born as a Chinese woman that is. The facial features were the same but of more eastern origin. Slowly, as the heatwave passed, it revealed a stern-faced spectre in a long tunic that reached her ankles. Around her mid-section was a sash, tightly holding the material together and it was covered in stitches with the symbols that Oriana recognised immediately. They were the same symbols and drawings of Phoenixes that were in that damnable book she was unable to read.

Oriana breathed in tightly, how was this her guardian? When Merlin had mentioned calling that person in, a part of her had panicked that she would suddenly have to face Gothel herself and most likely that would have been a catastrophe.

“Who are you?” She whispered, not having the ability to stand up and face her. There was a mixture of awe and fear emanating from her. That damnable bird in the corner was reminding her of Robeen though.

Meanwhile, Snape eyed Dumbledore almost having some form of anxiety attack. Despite his many wand waving and incantations, the spectre in their office wouldn’t leave. He smirked, it was a pointless endeavour to try and exorcise an ancient spirit. They were not similar to the Hogwarts ghosts and had a more divine nature. Snape doubted Dumbledore would have educated himself on these things, as they had been wrongly categorised as dark arts and magic.

Specters, were nothing new to Declan and Merlin, they'd seen more than their fare share of them over the years. This one caught Declan's attention for resembling Oriana if she was Chinese.

Faux was going cuckoo for cocoa puffs, which was a mild annoyance to Declan, he did have to deal with Mushu after all...

"Uncle Merlin, you established this place?"

"Well, like you I was reckless once and well...let's just say the Ravenclaw lady and I had a thing going on...this was well before I met your aunt of course. And well you know hundreds of years is a long time, I don't remember everything my dear boy. But what I don't tolerate Albus, is your handling and favoritism, that Potter is nothing more than lamb to slaughter, the Weasley brood has no aspirations, and that Granger girl is an overachiever in the worst way, but what really pisses me off is that you've allowed this!"

Merlin threw his feet up on the desk, and waved a hand to place Dumbledore in a seat where he could not move, he made Declan stand down and focus on what was about to take place.

Oriana's fear was not lost on Declan, he did his best to calm her as he could, pulling her in close in loving or comforting manner. He had to think this was quite the shock to her that this particular specter resembled her, would he have reacted differently if he were in her place? No. However he knew there was nothing he could do other that hold her as close as she'd allow, his guardian was here he had nothing to worry about himself, she on the other hand needed him and he was going to be there.

Last edited:
The spectre in front of Oriana turned to face her directly, and in what should have been normal humanoid eyes instead when stared into all that could be seen was a pool of gold flames. To some it may appear demonic, but to Oriana it felt like…home. “Who are you?” She repeated again, trying not to fear what was in front of her especially since it was Merlin himself who had seemingly invited her.

“I am…what you are, and what you will be…” The voice did in fact come through as slightly spooky but nothing too dangerous. The smile on the spectres face didn’t seem malicious, at least not towards them. The look she gave to Dumbledore was another story.

“I…I don’t understand.”

“I have been known by many names, in times before I was known as Empress Fenghuang and today we are called…Oriana.” The Empress tilted her head, “We are, the same…yet different. Reborn, time and time again to meet the dragon…and balance the world right once more. We are the Phoenix, and we bring each era to its end. Our power is regenerative, and they see us as immortal…sometimes invincible but we are not complete without the Dragon. We symbolise fire…divinity and our destinies lead us to become powerful leaders. Our tears are sought after by humans…and at times, we have become hunted. No mortal can tell a lie…when we are in touch with our inner Phoenix.”

“…We, I…wait so.” Oriana put up a hand, this was an overload of information. “So…what I am, isn’t just…a few fire tricks?” At the end of the day, how could someone divine be born from parents like hers. “How is that possible…where I come from- “

“We are always borne from evil…but we always right that path. In future, they will see your strength. You will wield fire as if it is your second nature.” She turned to face Declan, “The Dragon of your time…he will teach you to harness this, use your fire armour…aura…mimicry and breath to guard your future. In time, you will be able to resurrect yourself from even your own ashes…and both of you will lead long lives…your time ends, when your Dragon breathes his last.” There was a rush of sadness across the woman’s face, as if remembering her own past was simply too painful. “Your spirit will only move on, when you have guided your own descendant…the day you come into your full powers is the day when you will be able to read my grimoire. Before then, it will not answer to your child. I have waited so long for you to arrive on this plane…where I have been stuck awaiting you. Young Dragon, you must forgive your Uncle. His decisions were for Oriana’s benefit…and to free my spirit from this land, I have been wanting to move on…for so long. It had become unbearable.”

Empress Fenghuang walked up to Merlin; her form was begun to slowly disappear from the edges. “As you kept your promise to me…you should keep your promise to Lady Ravenclaw. That is all I can advise you.”

The seat that Dumbledore was sitting on suddenly burst into flames and the elderly wizard fell to the floor, rubbing his burned behind angrily. His shouts of anger were silenced by a wave of Merlin’s hand.

“You sir…are a disgrace to your kind. The bird you have enslaved…is a mere distant cousin of what a true Phoenix is. Using it to your benefit…most disgraceful. Set it free before karma catches up to you.” Fawkes immediately stopped squawking, giving everyone’s ears a rest.

“Wait!” Oriana stood up, watching the Empress start to blur away. “If-…if every Phoenix has a destined Dragon…then, why is M-Merlin with Nimue? Are you saying…I have no choice but to be with Declan?” She was pretty sure Declan’s Aunt wasn’t like her, and as much as she loved Declan she wasn’t too thrilled if her choice and destiny was pre-decided by something beyond her control. She would have liked to have thought that she had chosen Declan herself.

“I said that every Phoenix…requires a Dragon. I did not say that every Dragon requires a Phoenix. The balance of this world can be settled in different ways. Some fall to prophecies. Never consider yourself less than anyone, you are powerful alone but…we Phoenix’s stray upon terrible paths…when alone. Nor can any mere mortal touch us.” With that, the spectre disappeared leaving Oriana troubled.

Her time with her ancestor was cut too short…that small conversation with her, where she was overloaded with information about her identity, abilities, and destiny. “Wait…” She asked desperately but it was too late. The spectre of the Empress had gone. “Where did she go.”

“Where we must all go eventually.” Merlin sighed and bowed his head, “I wish you could have met her in a different situation Oriana…but I believe, she was simply running out of time on this plane of existence.” He put his feet down and got up, walking around the desk, and sitting on it casually. He glanced down at the muted Dumbledore who still had the audacity to keep waving his wand around. “Yes, yes we get you feel humiliated. Now, I believe we will require the Council to correct your behaviour towards the students and this establishment. Don’t give me that look, your Minister of Magic can’t assist you…those men are not officials of the Council itself.” In all honesty, he was actually feeling livid about the whole situation at Hogwarts which made him react a bit harsher than normal and place one of his feet onto Dumbledores shoulder.

“You don’t mind do you Albus, after all…I am your elder.” Merlin smirked but it quickly vanished at the sound of Oriana’s body hitting the ground. “Declan.” He gestured towards the girl, “Help her onto the sofa…” He was being put in a difficult position.

If Oriana wasn’t informed about her pregnancy soon, she may accidentally harm herself and the baby…but what was worse was that he had no right to inform her of this…or Declan. It wasn’t his place. Maybe Nimue could say something…he would have to speak to her first. Merlin glanced at Professor Snape, and noticed with keen interest that the man actually had a flicker of concern pass his usually stoic face and wondered…did this teacher know of Oriana’s condition?

Perhaps Nimue didn’t have to be involved after all.

Back