Reborn spirits, this was something Declan had to admit he had little knowledge of. But he's finally seen a phoenix reborn, he'd heard his uncle speak of these sorts of things but never had witnessed it. No mortal could tell a lie? That would help immensely in Blackhaven, given the characters they had to deal with.

Goodness Ori, we've been over this...you've always been more than a few tricks.

She was out of his arms as she stood up, however he got up as well but maintained a supportive distance. He was surprised to learn he is the dragon and she is the phoenix, this made sense now as to why she could touch him without being of fey blood, also that he'd not fully trained her, he'd though he'd done a good job, she'd made so much progress.

So Merlin knew about all this, all he could surmise was Oriana stating about the phoenix decor in the suite, it all made sense now. There was nothing to forgive in that light, however Declan and Oriana would need the explanation as to why Hogwarts was allowed to remain as it was.

Declan listened to the explanation of the phoenix and the dragon, things started making more sense to him, she fell in with the bad crowd before he got her on the right path...this all seemed much like something in prophecy, another area he did not know well, but he was glad Oriana was getting the answers she needed.

The specter had vanished, Declan tried not to laugh at Dumbledore's humiliation, before Merlin told him to tend to Oriana.

He could not have caught her in time as she'd fainted, but got her before she laid on the cold ground for too long, quickly getting her back on the sofa and calling for water. He started fanning her trying to get her to wake up, and take a drink.

"Okay sleeping beauty, what's going on? This lethargy, illness, and your reflexes are off, do we need to go visit Morticia Addams?"

Mushu in the meantime had been stalking Fawkes, ready to smash that bird just at the right time.

Merlin meanwhile had the council bring Dumbledore up on charges for child endangerment, failure to fufill the duties outlined in the Hogwarts charter, favoritism, and violation of the minds of the student body and staff.

He was found guilty on all charges and suspended, he was told to clear his belongings and be out of the castle within the hour.

Declan had been sent to the vaults leaving Mushu and his uncle to watch Oriana, however Dumbledore in a fit of rage went to attack her, thankfully Snape beat Merlin to the punch in defense, and killed Dumbledore.

In the vaults the sorcerer was able to find several things that pertained to Oriana's ancestors, using his uncle's higitus figitus spell he was able to get them all in the suitcase, and it was a lot of wealth and clothes, not to mention several shelves of books. He did pick up phoenix feather and take it with him.

Arriving back in the headmaster's study, the events that unfolded with Dumbledore's death were playing out and were explained to Declan.

"What can we do for you in return Professor Snape?"

"There's nothing for me here, I am marked as a death eater, perhaps you could take me and there is one I am seriously concerned about with you to your realm?"

"Done, I want to get Oriana out of here, this place is bad for her health."

"Mr. Emrys..."

Merlin and Declan both replied.

"The younger Mr. Emrys..."

Declan had to laugh as he lifted Oriana up, his uncle had created a portal back to Blackhaven with the assistance of Nimue.

"That wand you wanted, the cypress one. Here."

Declan nodded a thank you and indicated Snape should get his charge and hurry through the portal as he was about to do.

Last edited:
Severus Snape had many ill qualities, as some would say that he was an 'evil slimy git'. That may have been attributed to his outward appearance, being a thin man with sallow skin, a large, hooked nose, and yellow, uneven teeth. He had shoulder-length, greasy black hair which framed his face, and cold, black eyes. This meant, that even those he had once cared for didn't see past that into his inner qualities. This appearance was garnered over time due to him looming over cauldrons of potions for so many years

Those who had bothered to truly get to know him found him to be a loyal dependable sort. Powerful and easily drawn to those of equal power. At first in his youth, he had mistakenly thought Tom Riddle aka Lord Voldemort had the right plan but it had gone awry. Over time, it had become obvious that Lord Voldemort had slowly become unhinged and he had killed off his childhood crush and friend Lily Evans-nee Potter. In his quest for revenge, he had practically allowed himself to be enslaved to Dumbledore and riddled with guilt for his part in Lily's death, continued to play the part of an ex-death eater Professor for so many years.

Now, he saw the true power in Merlin and the young Emrys before him. Oriana herself provided another one of his theories he had once thought of about Salazar Slytherin being of draconic blood but never spoken about lest he be called insane. Today, he was being proved that he had been right all along.

At Declans request to return the favor he didn't really have much time to think.

Snape quickly realized that this was the biggest opportunity of his lifetime. He had perfected his given role as an unfair and horrible teacher to the majority houses in the school and deliberately ensured that the Slytherin students were favored by him, perhaps the only person within Hogwarts to do so. This had allowed them to believe that he was still on 'Voldemorts side' and at the same time, place him in a key position in the next war. As a spy. Now that plan had crumbled due to Dumbledore.

In Oriana, he had seen Lily before she had become corrupted by the late Potter. The red hair being the main indicator but also some habits...it had caused him to strike out against his so called mentor and fire off the Avada Kedavra spell to save her. He finally felt at peace, for doing the right thing. Now, quick decisions had to be made and so the plea to go to this Blackhaven world passed his lips.

The Ministry of Magic officials would soon come hounding through these doors to drag him to Azkaban, the Emrys family and Oriana seemed to be linked to another world and he had no desire to remain and babysit the young Potter and his friends against the actions of Voldemort in the future. He had atoned for Lilly Evans death by saving Oriana.

The only thing keeping him behind was a certain talented Ravenclaw, who he had observed being treated the same as he had been in his youth and one who had confided all her worries to him in the privacy of his office. His mouth pulled into a thin line, he waved his black wand and produced his patronus...which for once didn't require much effort, as his happiest memory now was ending the tyranny of Dumbledore. "Miss Lovegood, it is time...as you predicted. Come. Hurry." It was strange to see that his patronus had now changed, gone was the familiar Doe who had symbolized his love towards Lily Evans. It was now replaced by a small but vicious grass snake....interesting. It slithered off, and it did not take long for his blonde apprentice to come hurtling through the doors with her large glasses askew on her face and arms laden with...of course, books.

The girl had waist-length, straggly, dirty blonde hair, protuberant silvery eyes, which often seemed to be dreamily distracted, and faint eyebrows.

She had an aura of distinct 'dottiness' about her, and was known to put her wand behind her left ear for safekeeping. Luna had a unique fashion sense that other people usually found bizarre. She often wore odd pieces of jewellery such as a Butterbeer cork necklace and Dirigible plum earrings, and a pair of Spectrespecs - her own creations.

"Miss Lovegood, hurry..." He didn't allow her to be distracted by Dumbledore's dead body on the floor. "If we go now, we never need return here again...and bid good riddance to this world for once and for all. As my apprentice, you may come with me...but the decision has to be made now." Despite Minerva's past accusations, he had not taken Luna as his apprentice to satisfy his male ego or treat her as a sexual tool. In fact, he saw her as the daughter he had never had. Although, at times he wished she was not so blonde haired...not that it mattered when it come to her talents and powers.

Luna, stared at her tall teacher and very quickly noticed the other powerful beings in the room. When she had watched them enter Headmasters office earlier, she had started packing her belongings at that point (those she could find thanks to her pesky dorm mates) and collecting her most prized books. She was not one to deny her 'inner intuition'. "I'm ready sir." There was nothing but an abusive crazed father here for her, and Professor Snape by far was more considerate towards her than him. Not that the rest of the student body would believe that.

"Where are your shoes Miss Lovegood?!" Professor Snape, guided her over to stand behind Declan and waved his wand again. His emergency suitcase whirled through the hallways of Hogwarts until it came whizzing to hover at his ear. He had always been a careful and suspicious man, any self respecting wizard kept an emergency suitcase for events such as these.

“All my shoes somehow magically disappeared. But I'm not concerned. They'll show up sometime - even when you least expect it.”

"Right, of course. Mr Emrys - the younger Mr Emrys, let us proceed. I have no desire to have tea with the Dementors tonight."

Merlin's portal was closing as each stepped through it, the elder Emrys could remain behind and find his way back via Etrigan, besides he needed to provide the cover story of Snape being dead, he was not about to give those wanna-be "Order of Merlin" people like Potter a chance to see that he was not dead or passed on, but the portrait was going with Declan...a link for Oriana in a sense.

While they were not plopped in front of the Arcana Cabana, they were put close enough that Declan could carry Oriana in without notice, though the thought of where Snape and this Ravenclaw girl could go was racing through his mind also.

"Money exchange isn't difficult Professor, Scrooge MacDuck's bank is very helpful, but stay away from Darling and Darling, that investment corporation is shady, I've not been able to prove it, but the Darling brothers are into illegal activities."

It dawned on Declan that Snape was now seeing them as the adults they were, he didn't pay it much mind, favor for a favor and they were new to Blackhaven just as he and Oriana were once.

"Seeing as it's late...I have a room under 'Robertston' at the hotel run by Elizabeth Swann, it's paid through the month."

The name of hotel escaped him, but indicated it via a quick hand gesture and using glowing light orbs to light their way. He also left them with the Arcana Cabana business cards, the new ones that Oriana's name on them as well as his.

"I'd invite you to stay with us, but Oriana is not feeling well, come by in the morning once you've both rested, we'll see about getting you situated in a reasonable place here in the city."

He was sure his uncle would let them know what the result of Hogwarts was, but that would have to wait till Oriana was feeling better, he wanted to get her to bed and let her rest, whatever Hogwarts did it didn't agree with either of them.

Merida was asleep and the Arcana Cabana was as they'd left it, Winston strolled out not wearing his usual bowler hat, but a night cap checking to see if all was well, and rolled his eyes as Declan was carrying Oriana up stairs to their room. That bulldog knew what was going on, Mushu was right behind trying to tell Winston all that had transpired, before both of them went to their respective beds.

Declan didn't remove Oriana's clothes, sure they'd been intimate, but he didn't feel right about doing that, instead he removed her shoes and got a cold washcloth for her forehead, to him she was in shock and ill due to Hogwarts, he no idea of anything more than that. Getting her favorite blanket on her was second priority as he did not get in the bed with her, contenting himself to sleep in the comfortable chair next to her side of the bed, just in case she needed something that the mops and brooms couldn't provide.

Snape, to his credit was not amazed at the age difference that was made obvious once they passed through the portal. It was something he had suspected all along. When he glanced down at Miss Lovegood, she was staring absentminded at the buildings and architecture around them. She caught a few odd glances due to her appearance but nothing he couldn't protect her from.

So this was Blackhaven. His cold eyes took in the various characters and establishments around them as they made their way to the hotel, following the orbs of light and he assessed it was quiet similar to Knockturn Alley. He would feel right at home here.

Tomorrow he would discuss with Mr Emrys how he could get forms of identification, in order to progress said work at that bank and to also ensure his livelihood with his young ward. He wasn't stupid, all those years ago he had packed an emergency suitcase just for situations like these and within his rune protected belongings lay well preserved herbs and potions of the rarest kind. Selling those would keep them going for at least a year. Snape had no intention of being a burden on anyone. He wondered if there were werewolves of the same kind here...if so, no doubt his Wolfsbane would make a sizable profitable. Straightening his shoulders he got himself and Luna settled in the rooms Declan had mentioned, ensuring the girl had the bed and transfiguring a curtain between him on the sofa and her on the bed to give them each some privacy. Miss Lovegood would also need to return to some form of education. He had more responsibilities than before, that was for sure.

---

It was Winston poking her side that woke Oriana up, she yawned widely and sniffed the air. "Raspberry leaf tea huh? Thank you Winston." The silent treatment she got from him didn't faze her, she knew the butler cared for her somewhat enough to give her this tea which she assumed was to help her virus or whatever illness she had. Opening her eyes to their bedroom was a welcome sight, what wasn't was the fact that Declan was slumped in a armchair next to her. Surely he should have just slept next to her - silly man.

She took the extra cup of tea from Winston and nodded at him to leave before setting it on the bedside table for Declan.

Gingerly she sat up, feeling rather sore on the back of her head. Did she fall or something? The last thing she could remember was the Empress specter that was supposedly her...in her own past life disappearing. How utterly confusing. "Declan...wake up." She poked his knee and took a sip of the piping hot beverage, noting that the usual strange taste was this time quiet sweet to her. Maybe her taste buds changed with gaining new powers?

Declan must have brought them home last night...not that she blamed him, she had been whining towards the end that she was feeling homesick. "Declan!" She shook his knee again, pursing her lips. Of course he would be even more tired now, having slept in that chair all night instead of next to her in bed after whatever journey they must have had to have done to get out of Hogwarts. There was another thing she wanted to discuss with him too...something that had itched at the back of her brain when they had been in the Headmasters office but she had put it off due to the arrival of the Empress.

"No it's okay, don't." She warned off the mops and brooms that had come into the room, ready to throw a bucket of cold water over their master. "I'm not that mad at him." Oriana laughed at them, their wooden spines slouching over now that they were unable to complete their prank and slowly they left the room. One of the brooms paused at the door and Oriana sternly shook her head, "Behave... he's tired. We've left you with Merida far too long I see." Her tone of voice was amused though, but the smile didn't last long when her phone beeped in one of the bags that haphazardly strewn on the floor. Setting her cup aside briefly, she leaned over to pick up her handbag but straightened up suddenly when a harsh bout of nausea hit her dead on.

Okay then - moving around equals to feeling sick. Got it. Oriana wondered if it was the portal travel sickness. That must have been it.

Very slowly, she got up and reached for her bag - this time being careful not to bend down too quick and fished out her phone. Oriana winced, her phone had multiple messages and calls that hadn't come through whilst they had been at Hogwarts. One message had her feeling nervous.

"Ah...Eleanor is demanding we come for lunch today." She was too tired for this. "Your brothers have arrived early."

The first attempt Oriana made to stir Declan had not gotten much other than him readjusting himself in sleep, he'd pulled on a throw blanket and was in his bare feet. It was the second tap at the knee that started him stirring, before she'd gotten up and was telling the brooms and mops to skedaddle on out of there.

He was still pale, but his eyes were no longer changing colors, the shakes had subsided, whatever Hogwarts had done to amplify the side effects of blood magic seemed to be calming down a little more.

Odd, he'd not remembered opening the bags the night before, but he needed some caffeine and food to get moving, Winston had by now left the room at Oriana's behest.

"Okay sleeping beauty you're up, how are you feeling?"

Trying to hide his own soreness and exhaustion of the events, he thankfully was downing a cup of tea that was sorely needed along with some breakfast...an omelette to him sounded good...one of the brooms took off to meet the request.

Oriana then had commented about his brothers arriving early...he darkened a bit.

"Are you really up for that? I mean I am about two steps from taking you to Morticia Addams to see what is ailing you..."

He had his doubts his step-mother would take a rain check, plus they were expecting Snape and his ward at some point in the day, and they needed to get settled, but the only way through to Elenaor...was Merida and she owed Oriana after the firebomb disaster...then again Declan owed Merida in a sense for without that prank, they'd not be in the same room...so it was hard determination as to who owed who...but Declan would play that card to at least delay if he could.

"A part of me is like...shall we get it over and done with? Another part of me is like...shall we try and avoid it at each turn because let's face it, an hour with your family will be hard on us. I doubt Eleanor would also let us cut the lunch to an hour either. So let's just take the mature stance and go suffer them for a few hours..." Oriana shrugged, and to pay him back for his over the top politeness from last night she plopped herself onto his lap - narrowly missing his hand that was holding the cup and rested her legs on the bed. She picked up her own tea to finish it off. At this point, she had no idea that Snape and his Ravenclaw apprentice had come with them last night.

"Sleeping beauty?" She frowned, trying to stitch her thoughts back from last night. Oriana touched the back of her head and frowned, "I fell didn't i?" She rested her head on his shoulder, "Mm...I guess I have been taking potions from Madame Pompfrey back at Hogwarts because it must have been draining being in the same realm as my previous form? Spirit? Incarnation? I don't know-" She waved one of her hands wildly, "I do feel a bit...nauseous from the travel back. I'm assuming your Uncle must have done us a portal...I should be fine, if Winston keeps spoiling us with some of these brews - dunno what he adds to make them taste so good." She finished off her tea and settled more comfortably, "Let's avoid a visit to the Addams where possible...you know what happened the last time we went." Oriana's body visibly shuddered at the memory. "I've got a bone to pick with you anyway..."

Oriana put her cup down and turned to face him, lips pursed. "Why were you so keen to leave me with that Empress alone? If Merlin hadn't said to sit down you'd have rushed off...what's the deal here?" She thought back to what that Empress had said and her own doubts about why she wasn't being given a choice when it came to Declan. "Just because you're the only Dragon for me doesn't mean...I shouldn't be a priority. Am I really that easy that you don't think I'd care about things like that? Because I don't have a choice when it comes to you?" Her words weren't meant to be that harsh, or imply that she was thinking of leaving him. More so that she didn't want to be treated less because of a divine predicament.

"Well, I am not sure you're up to it as you've not been feeling well, you've seen how my father can act, and that was just in a public setting. He's much worse in a private setting. However if you're up to it we can work a time in. We are expecting Snape and his ward, I did offer to help them get settled."

Plopping on his lap was the last thing he had expected her to do at that moment, so he was caught at a disadvantage for that moment, still trying to get his own feeling of sore and exhaustion under control. He had to shudder about her commentary about the Addams mansion, but if anyone could have answered Oriana's illness Morticia could have.

"I though it was meant to be a private moment...you know one of those thing I wasn't supposed to be in the room for, I am not really used to being included on things you know. Well you are a priority, I admit I don't know much about what was being said there by the empress, I did however in the red suitcase, gather some things that you might want to see...it has to do with your ancestry. Ori, if I didn't care...do you think the events that led us up to what we did in the Faraway tree would have happened? Or my trying to get you to stay here? Like you there are certain things I am unfamiliar with, in that case it was indeed not knowing if I should have stayed in the room for a private moment or left it, that's all."

He really didn't know if that moment between Oriana and the phoenix spirit should have been private or not, that's why he looked to his uncle for guidance on that matter and in the end he understood he needed to remain in that spot with Oriana.

"Well seeing as we're expecting company...did you want to freshen up and change clothes?"

"Then you should ask me if I want privacy rather than assume it...you shouldn't be looking to your Uncle about decisions that need to be made about us. You weren't with your Uncle in the faraway tree - you were with me." Oriana warned him as a final word, not wanting to turn it into an argument but hoping he'd see her point of view. "I've not been in a relationship before either...so initially almost everything is going to have to be communicated between us more than thinking we will know what the other will like to happen. We need to get to know each other more." Recognizing that he was probably feeling sore she got up, turned around and flicked his forehead slightly. "And that was for assuming you needed to sleep in that armchair all night despite feeling ill yourself. Next time just get in the bed. I was cold." With a roll of her eyes, Oriana sauntered off to the shower to presumably freshen up and pull on some clean clothes. She wrinkled her nose, the very least he could have changed her into some pajamas too last night but oh well.

"Oh, and we just came from dealing with that Dumbledore in Hogwarts - your father is a walk in the park!" Oriana yelled out from the shower, smelling the freshly cooked omelette that one of the mops was zooming in with. "And save some breakfast for me!" It was interesting that Snape and his ward had come with them - she laughed at the mental image of her former Professor striding through the markets with long black billowing robes instilling fear in to the heart of Blackhavens children.

It didn't take her long in the shower, her hair didn't really need a wash but she did take the time to moisturize aplenty and apply some makeup to her eyes. Thinking back to how Fergus had previously viewed her at the Halloween ball, she opted not to apply lipstick and kept herself looking as natural as possible. With a towel wrapped around her, Oriana left the en-suite to inspect her wardrobe and find something suitable to wear to meet his parents.

What would I give for some female advice right now - Natalya would have me visit them in some god awful lace or see through...Not exactly the impression I want to give. After much pondering, she gave up and grabbed a simple black jumpsuit and a black sunhat. "What happened to Dumbles anyway?" She asked, remembering that Merlin had mentioned a Council of sorts.

Oriana had deliberately ignored his comment about her ancestral belongings, that talk with the Empress was enough to last her for a few days...for now, she wanted to take a break from that conversation. Maybe in a few days she would feel well enough to go through those items and see what needed to be done.

Declan didn't comment on Oriana's commentary about them, merely acknowledged it by nodding in agreement. He was hungry, the omelettes had arrived, his specifically being the salmon, tomato, onion, and spinach. The appetite was as Oriana had seen it at Hogwarts, it was as if Declan had not eaten in days, sure the bloody tears had ceased for now, as had the sweating.

He was not foolish enough to touch her plate the brooms and mops had brought her, instead they brought him additional toast and hash browns as needed. A shower was certainly needed by him, all the bloody tears and sweating had him feeling grimy, however it wasn't a long shower as they'd be pressed for time now that Oriana actually wanted to meet with the Dunbrochs.

As he always did when he met with his family, kept his choice of clothes simple but nice enough to avoid giving his father something to pick on. Electing to go with a simple polo shirt and dark blue jeans, he was bound not to wear shoes if he could help it. He was going to need Oriana's help to get him a wrap around his ribs.

"I am not sure what exactly happened to Dumbledork, uncle Merlin had the council find him guilty from what Mushu told me, and I guess he didn't take that well and went to attack you and Snape provided the defense, I was collecting your things from the vaults. Snape asked to come here in return for saving you from Dumbledore, and I said we'd help him and that Ravenclaw girl get settled here. I felt for him, we at one time were new to this place..."

He explained that none of them foresaw Dumbledore going off the rails like that, Merlin had been focused on getting Oriana and Declan out of there.

Declan had made it a point not to unpack Oriana's ancestor's belongings, instead electing to leave them in the red luggage.

"Ori, could you help me get this ace bandage around my ribs?"

Oriana had been distracted by the revelation that Snape had willingly saved her life, at Declans push for her help she came out of her thoughts with a startle and pushed him to sit on the bed first. "Looks sore." She commented, pulling some tiger balm out from their bedside drawer and lathering his skin with it first. Her natural healing was a bit weak but probably due to her not eating yet. "Don't get upset with your family today, there isn't any point...we will just bide our time and get out of there." She made quick work of his bandage, now used to wrapping it and securing it around his chest. The ends of it she tied up neatly, so that it wouldn't be noticeable even with a shirt on.

"That was kind of Profess-I mean Snape." It was going to be difficult to come out of the habit of calling Snape with his name rather than previous title, unless he still preferred it but they'd find that out later. Oriana grabbed Declans shirt and handed it to him before getting dressed herself and scoffing down the now lukewarm omelette that had been set aside for her. "I was thinking...that I wanted to purchase the small shop next door, and use it as a Occult Book Store...like a side business from Arcana Cabana." It wasn't like she had the money now at this point but it could possibly be a join venture with Snape. "We could suggest that to Snape, and that way I'll pay him back for saving me." Oriana didn't like owing people...even potential allies or friends.

She got up and placed the sunhat over her red hair and stood in front of Declan. "How do I look?" There was a touch of anxiety to her voice, not wanting to be judged too harshly by the Dunbrochs after all. It's not like she came from a good background.

Last edited:
Declan was still bruised up from the encounter with the hydra, most of those injuries now because of Oriana had become simple sore muscles and bruising. Reaction to Hamish, Hubert, and Harris was going to be the major concern, if they found out he was sore or even showing the remote signs of pain...it was going to be rough.

"I am only worried about dad and the triplets, don't give them an opening or we're in for a long day. I am hoping he eats his fill and has something else on his mind. The triplets though...who knows what immature thing they'd be up to."

It was a struggle to get his shirt on, and he'd heard Oriana's commentary about the shop next door, he didn't know if the shop was for sale, but Mushu would be able to broker a deal and if need be they could ask Winston about it.

"Mushu!"

"The one and only! What's it today, hunting obnoxious birds? Oooh I know pilfering Jack Sparrow's treasures. What ever it is, I hope explosives are involved!"

"Well maybe explosives could be involved, you're going to need to stand guard when we have lunch with my parents...you know what the triplets are about. No, check out the store next to us and see if you can't procure it for the right price, I am not going to refuse Ori's request."

Mushu almost went white about the triplets, but brightened about making a purchase. A bright popping of fireworks and the dragon was off.

"Mushu should be able to take care of that request for you."

Declan eyed her up and down and smiled in approval.

"If we were feeling more up to it, there would be a repeat performance of our time in the Faraway Tree."

Before Oriana could protest, Mushu was gone. "I didn't mean for you to pay for that shop Declan, I was just voicing an idea!" She groaned inwardly knowing there was no use protesting further than that. Her debt to him would just get bigger and hopefully one day she'd pay him back to stay on an equal footing with him. "There will be no repeat performances whatsoever until you heal up." She pointed at his chest, "So try not to get hurt again." Still, she now felt better about herself with a compliment from him.

Whilst she threw on some jewelry another broom skid into the room, making wild gestures and Oriana glanced at the wall clock. "Ah, yes I guess we are running late this morning...who is it?" The broom suddenly turned black and very tall causing her to snicker in amusement, "You got a chiding from Snape then? I see, well we are on our way down now. I think he likes some pumpkin juice if you can get some for him..." At her advice, the broom returned back to its wooden brown color and rushed off. "I think he will be amicable to a shop rather than teaching so called dunderheads again." She stuck her feet into some black sandals and gestured for him to hurry up. "Come on, let's move it. We have guests to tend to, people to see and parental judgement to suffer."

He indicated that he'd try not to get hurt again...but he couldn't promise due to his brothers. Declan also added two bracelets to his right wrist, in part to ward away the negativity that came when his father was around and the other in part to lessen potential damage.

Their meeting with Snape and his ward simply was familiarize them with Blackhaven and get them the proper ID's and such, Declan and Oriana had indicated they were trying to procure the shop next door for them to work out of and possibly have as their living quarters.

The walk to the uptown district was cold, but given the time of year not surprising, Declan had elected to wear his dark brown trench coat, this one particularly was fire proof and would help should the boys try something explosive. The ever present finger-less gloves were also there. Oriana would notice he was wearing the scarf she got him at Hogwarts, electing not to wear the one Elenoar had knitted for him.

He was pensive, not at embarrassment of being with Oriana, just at the fact he knew things could get ugly and fast and that Merida would not intervene on their behalf. Oh yes Merida and Crane would be there, he could only hope that the attention would be on the heir, Merida, and not him and Oriana.

As Oriana knew, the Dunbrochs did not look down on her due to class or social standing, in fact Elenaor was much in favor of their match, after Tinkerbell...well the less said the better.

Fergus in his fear of Declan, couldn't understand how others were not also terrified and the triplets would do anything to get their father's favor, and knowing his fear and loathing of Declan, is why they tormented him.

The house in this district was huge, the Celtic bear was the theme here, as it was the family crest, though Elenoar was a woman of good tastes and knew how to present for guests. While Fergus did not want the fine dining china and utensils used, a mere look from Elenoar made him change his tune and fast. This was never home to Declan, by the time the Dunbrochs set up here he'd already been in Blackhaven for 2 years. As a wealthy noble family, they split time in their various holdings, this is where they preferred to spend Autumn and Winter.

The door was opened by the butler, as Declan took Oriana's hand to walk into the main hallway where guests, even the children were greeted, Declan had his poker face on, but did whisper to Oriana.

"Mind the tapestries, but if dad gets out of hand...well I say light them up."

Oriana was glad for his hold, because as soon as they entered the large home she couldn't help the nervousness that loomed up in her. "Whatever you do, don't leave me on my own with anybody." The last thing she needed was a repeat of the Headmasters office and she wanted that clear with him.

The room fell silent as they walked in, the butler ushering them through the hallway into the large dining area. Eleanor took no notice of her other children, presumably having already greeted them since her and Declan were the last to arrive and Oriana found herself being hugged by the motherly figure. "Hello..." She said quietly, lifting the bouquet of flowers that they had picked up en route to pass to the lady of the house so to speak.

"How lovely, thank you...well, do take a seat." Eleanor was smiling sweetly at them so Oriana relaxed around her but raised her eyebrows at the vulture gazes of Declans three brothers.

All three were identical, with long faces and short cropped hair. All three were already placing their hands on the plate of breadsticks on the table, their behinds barely hovering over their seats and staring at her as if she was a rare species.

If only they knew how rare. Oriana wondered, thinking back to their conversation with the Empress. "It's nice to meet you all." She murmured, not really meaning it but saying it for the sake of politeness. Merida waved at them from her seat next to Fergus and in return received a small smile.

The room itself, was large and grande just like the rest of the house. Despite the table being so large, Eleanor had clearly placed the chairs closer together for a family meal so Oriana didn't think they'd even have the luxury of sitting far from Declan's brothers.

"Hello brother!" One of them chimed up, it was hard for her to tell whether it was Hamish, Hubert or Harris...not that it mattered. That greeting sounded sarcastic to her ears.

"What do we-"
"-have here?"

Oh gods, they were the finish each other sentences types. Don't they know that makes them utterly more creepy? Oriana tried not to let the distaste show on her face, allowing Declan to pull a chair out for her before sitting down and accepting a glass of juice from one of the staff. She personally, much preferred the mops and brooms back at Arcana Carbana than having actual maids surrounding them.

"-We didn't-"
"-think you'd show up today, never mind-"
"-with a woman in tow? Poor woman...I wonder if she has been-"
"Bewitched to come here with you today-"
"Not a nice thing to do brother, you should set her-"
"Free!"

I already want to punch them. Oriana's hand went to Declans thigh just in case he responded to their immature goading. What she wasn't surprised with was Merida's lack of response. She glanced over at her and nearly scoffed, wondering if this happened at every family meal. At least Eleanor attempted to shush them, but it was absent minded...as if she was too used to it and it was just a bunch of 'boys will be boys' type of fun.

...Oriana glanced at the watch on her wrist. It had only been a minute. The joy.

When Fergus had entered, he was clearly biting his tongue about Declan, but did eye up Oriana not quite understanding how she was still with Declan. He the great Fergus Dunbroch feared his son the sorcerer, other should too by his logic. The looks Merida and Elenaor gave him though was enough for him not to engage Declan with any thing other than.

"Boy, you look well."

"As do you dad."

Stand off as Oriana could see between Fergus and Declan. Hubert, Hamish, and Harris had little to tell them apart, one would have to look at their jewels they wore, Hamish loved the light blue gems, Hubert liked the dark gems his was a deep red, and Harris liked green gems, his was an emerald. Declan felt Oriana's hand on his knee and merely ignore them but had a flash to his eyes to unnerve them, much like Fergus they feared his powers.

"Mother!"

"Declan used-"

"His powers at the table!"

"Punish him, Punish him, Punish him!"

Eleanor rolled her eyes, she hadn't seen the sorcerer nor the apprentice do anything other than sit down and greet his father and the rest of the family.

"Boys, enough."

Declan indicated this was tame compared to other times he'd have to sit down with them for meals, not that he expected this to go off without issues, they were only on the starters, there were other courses to follow. He was hoping no soup or salad course, let this just be starters, the main course, and dessert.

"Boy, that red-head of yers, she really gave it mayor White the other day on TV, I'd always heard ye red-heads were fiery, but what brought all that on?"

Declan looked puzzled as the oysters, peeled cold shrimp, cottage cheese, and cold veggies were the starter. The triplets took a sniff and immaturely stuck out their tongues as if to say we want the sweets not this.

"I have no idea dad, but if she did I am sure there was a reason for it, I was too busy saving the district from doom."

"Looks to us as if-"

"-you wrecked the entire-"

"-district, so much damage it'll take months to rebuild."

"Is that true boy? I would nay 'ave thought you could do that."

"I didn't wreck it dad, the only demolition company in town is Wreck-It Ralph's."

"And you were there too Merida."

"It's as Declan said, he prevented more damage, but I only came in at the end."

This was going so well, Declan tried to do the right thing and now his dad and brothers suspect he had something to do with it. He would ask Oriana bout what his dad said in private, when had she gone off on mayor White? Or had she even done so? It was not beyond the triplets to make up things...

"They're still telecasting it-"
"On the news!"

Oriana had tried not to take it personally that Fergus wasn't using her name, but the fact Eleanor sat there and let him speak about her like that prickled her skin more. Had Declan done something like that she would have given him a verbal rending. Merida sat there silent too...as if she wasn't a redhead either. How could a man speak like that with his daughter sitting right there?

She cringed when one of the triplets rushed to the dining room wall. They had a massive wall mounted TV and when it turned on Oriana didn't know why the floor wasn't swallowing her up and taking her whole. "I-I can explain..." She muttered to Declan, even as the news anchor began narrating the epic showdown that had happened and the conversation she had with Mayor White.

Her cheeks turned red as Fergus pointed a fork at her, "Be careful girl, if ye keep antagonizing yer betters then don't expect us to step in."

"Why would I expect anything from anybody?"

"Yer with him for the money are yer not? Nothing yer do makes you invincible...learn ter curb yer tongue. Killing Achilles too...monstrous behavior that."

"No sir. I believe it is you...who needs to curb his tongue." Oriana's voice was getting more chipped by the second, but she was distracted when Hubert turned up the volume on the TV and her screaming voice echoed across the room causing Eleanor's glass of juice to clatter on to the table.

'Mayor White...first of all...fuck off.'

Oriana put her knife and fork down and placed one hand on her cheek in dismay. Oh no... "Please turn that off." But Hubert only grinned and turned the volume higher. Hamish and Harris began cackling loudly, fists filled with the dessert that somehow had found their way to them even though the rest of them were still on the main course.

'You’re all fucking excused! Because from now on Declan won’t be running to your aid every time you screw up and your stupid Nottingham and his piddly force can’t handle their own job.'

Oriana got up and strode to Hubert, only for him to leap out the way and stand on his chair holding the remote out of her reach. "Give it to me now!" She demanded, one hand on her hip. She really didn't want Declan to be listening or seeing to any of this...

'From now on. He won’t be rushing to assist you at your every bid and call unless you bloody well pay him just like you pay those morons. If you can dish out the notes for those dirtbags so they can continue ruining Blackhaven then you can pay Declan to clean up the mess you all create. One minute you’re fawning over him and the next treating him like he’s a three-day old casserole dish that needs throwing out! And neither will I be assisting anymore unless I see appropriate payments made towards Declan for the past work, he’s done for saving your sorry arses. He is OWED compensation for the amount of times he’s got hurt saving you…you…worthless gits!'

"Eleanor...please. Stop him." Oriana turned to the other woman, but got ignored as her mouth was gaping open at the scene playing out on the TV. It seemed like the woman had thought what the triplets and her husband had described was a mere exaggeration of what had actually taken place.

'He deserves more respect than what you have been giving him and until I see it don’t bloody well expect a thing from us...'

"Merida - grab him." Oriana turned to Declans sister for help but once again - was ignored. Merida had her eyes glued to the TV, even though she had been at the scene it was still interesting for her to see it.

“You can’t talk to us that way!”

“I. Just. Did."

Finally, in a rush of anger Oriana snapped her fingers and the TV fell off the wall and ignited on fire. She bit her lip and closed her eyes in regret.

Shouldn't have done that...

It was Declan's turn to squeeze Oriana's thigh, just reminding her he was there and that he was not worried about this whole thing.

"Dad, you don't give me any money, so I'd doubt that's the case. And as for betters, we're adults...so that's irrelevant again."

Fergus had started to say something to Declan but couldn't as he knew his son was correct and the looks Eleanor and Merida were giving him had him stand down. Hubert coming in with the TV and Oriana's tirade on Mayor White.

Declan hadn't seen this, but was trying not to laugh at Mayor White's reactions.

"Well, Mayor White certainly deserved that."

Merida had broken the silence and the TV bursting to flames on the ground.

"Yes Merida she did, I think Aurora is the better candidate and should be running this city, don't you agree Fergus?"

"Er, wha dear? Oh yes, Aurora. By god girl that's a wicked tongue ye have! I love it puttin' that Mayor White bitch in 'er place!"

Fergus laughed he genuinely enjoyed it and found it funny, he'd never been Mayor White's fan.

"Boys, the desserts are for after the meal, put them back!"

The tables had been turned, whatever it was Hubert was trying to play at failed, sure the TV had been ruined, but there was no way to prove it was Oriana.

Declan squeezed then patted Oriana's leg under the table attempting to relax her and say it was almost over.

"I see why you fancy the boy there Oriana, but ye better watch him, 'e's a demon!"

"Fergus, you know full well he is not a demon, he's your son!"

There it was the debate that always seemed to happen when they had meals together, sooner or later it turned to Declan's powers...the sorcerer made a hand gesture and his father fell silent.

"Dad enough, I believe we're here to discuss Merida's engagement...you can rip me all you want when we leave but until then...please show some respect to Oriana."

"Boy don't you--"

"What? I am not that young child anymore dad, and I've taken your crap my whole life, so let's keep it civil before something happens that we'll both regret."

Fergus was shocked, Declan had never stood up to him like that.

"Aye, as ye wish boy."

Merida at this point had blushed, yes it was about her engagement, but she hadn't expected Declan to say anything.

"So Oriana do you have such designs on Declan?"

"Yeah no other woman would have him."

"Fergus!"

"Aye dear..."

Oriana was struggling. She had come here with the full intention to keep things peaceful, to bide their time and leave and quell Eleanor's desire to have a family meal for a while. Yet, she couldn't seem to keep a grip on her temper and her ring wasn't helping out either.

"Why. Why wouldn't any woman have him?" Once again, everyone fell silent. Before she had been dealing with the triplets in a mild frustrated fashion, even the TV fire hadn't fazed them and they had taken to roasting marshmallows over the remaining fire instead of extinguishing it. Now she was in a rage. "Not that I want any other woman eyeing him but why say such a thing?"

Eleanor tried to diffuse Orianas temper by waving her hand idly, "He was just jok-"

"What Father means is-"
"No self respecting woman-"
"Would willingly be with our-"
"Demon of a brother."

Oriana slapped a hand onto the dining table, forcing the quiet Ichabod Crane to yelp and step away from the table as a crack sounded in the air and the table split through. To the triples dismay, all the food fell through the crack and onto the floor.

"Oriana!" Eleanor gasped, standing up. "There is no need to overreact." Merida got up and sided with her Mother. "That is just how they talk...don't take it to heart. They don't mean it seriously."

"Aye..well-" Fergus stood up as well, eyes wide in shock.

"Enough!" Oriana looked down at Declan and indicated he should get up. She was ready to leave. "You know what? I came here today with a full intention to bite my tongue and just...for the sake of Declan keep my silence but you people just don't know when to take a hint do you?" At Eleanor's protest she raised a hand. "I'm not done and I am over being in awe of you...the more I hear about all of you, the less respect I have in my hearts for you." She ignored the look of hurt on Meridas face at that comment.

Oriana got up and strode near Fergus making him flinch in fear. "Yes...that is right. Fear me. Fear him. We are just demonic monsters after all right? We don't have feelings. We don't desire our families to accept us. All that matters is the great Dunbrochs." She scoffed and turned to Eleanor and Merida. "As for you two, I have never met two of the most spineless women to pretend they have a semblance of respect for female kind. Your father...your husband, disrespects women with every breath he takes and you sit there and give him warning looks and that is it. You allow it to continue. He blames Declan for YOUR daughters mistake and like cowards you allow him to take the hit instead of admitting your own faults even after all these years. Don't you dare give me that look Merida, you know exactly what I am on about! How can you stand there, acting innocent when you both know what you did? I don't care what Merlin said...do you to not have your own brain?" She twirled on the spot and eyed the three boys, "As for your sons Eleanor...you allow them to insult and bully their brother...what kind of Mother are you? Allow me to teach you how you should have disciplined them long ago." With a furious wave of her hand, Oriana set the triplets hair on fire and watched them scream running around for the jugs of water to save their hair.

She stalked back to Declan, grabbing his hand. "We aren't the monsters. All of you are." Her voice was now shaking, emotions high and feelings hurt. "As for my bloody designs Eleanor, I love him. And quiet frankly, I really don't care what you think Fergus you can do one right alongside Mayor White!"

Last edited:
Declan hadn't returned to eating, he really wasn't interested in the meal, it was one of the triplets favorite meals so he wasn't too upset when Oriana was ready to leave or at least he thought she was ready to leave.

Fergus knew he had pushed it, had he intended to he wasn't sure, all he knew is that he messed up bad and he remained red faced but silent in Oriana's tirade, muttering to himself over and over again that "this lass is a keeper".

Eleanor was in shock, she'd only seen Declan do this type of thing once before, she had thought Oriana better than this but she was in shock, especially with the three triplets' hair on fire.

They were running about trying to find water or ice, Fergus was trying hard not to laugh at them, but knowing he was the cause tried to keep a low profile.

It was out there, the Mordu incident and no one was spared for what had happened. It was Merida's fault, but no one wanted to admit that it was not clear if they could not. Honestly it was easier to blame Declan and the powers he held.

Declan had refused to come to anyone's defense, the more he thought about it, the more they needed to hear this, it was what Oriana had said after the fact, something he'd never had expected her to say.

Crane had take advantage of commotion and tried to get a look at both Oriana and Declan and the sorcerer merely brushed him off as before.

"Well I am glad to hear that you gave Mayor White what for, and that you do love me...I think we can call it a day don't you? I'd hate to have to use my own powers in here and have more insults thrown. It was a lovely meal mother thank you. Oh and dad, you were wrong...you heard it from her...I do have someone who loves me."

Fergus could only nod, he wasn't going to make a bigger mess, he knew he was in trouble once they left from Eleanor.

It wasn't really a lovely meal, he was being polite, and he could feel the ill effects of the blood magic creeping up, more so due to the discomfort.

He put a hand around Oriana's waist.

"Ready to go?"

Oriana breathed out whilst Declan thanked everyone for the meal and leaned on him, feeling a bit lethargic from her over use of spells. On a normal day it wouldn't have fazed but she was still unwell from their Hogwarts trip.

At his question of returning home, she nodded eagerly. "Please..." Over his shoulder she noticed Ichabod Crane scribbling notes and then looking up at Declan then back down at his notes.

"He is not some creature in a zoo for you to observe Crane, do that again and Merida won't be getting any future Dunbrochs from you that's for sure." Oriana narrowed her eyes at Merida and sarcastically added, "Congrats on your engagement. We shall take our leave now."

"Well...that is not how I taught you to behave Oriana dear. Apologise to your partners family, right this instant!"

The voice behind her froze Oriana in Declans arm, her face turned pale and she couldn't bring herself to turn around. That horrible voice...which at times still haunted her nightmares was now here...in this situation of all things.

The Butler ran into the room, looking beseechingly at Eleanor. "My apologies, Madame here said she was Miss Oriana's mother...and I asked her to wait in the foyer but..."

"Ah, you must be Declan dear. Robeen told me all about you. Now Mr Dunbroch, the question isn't why any woman would be with your son...it is more, why would any man be with my unruly daughter? That temper of hers...I can only apologise, no matter what I did I was unable to curb the curse in her." Gothel knew that her words would cause Oriana no end of pain, and deliberately stated things in such a way to gain a reaction. As she spoke she walked towards the broken dining table and poured herself a drink from a cracked jar of water. "Hope you don't mind, warm day out."

Back