Declan could feel his blood go cold as Gothel was announced, the hand that Oriana didn't have was tensing and his own temper was flaring now it was his turn to get verbal.

"You, have no right to say anyone has a curse, I've seen you whoring about with parties and I am surprised the Ripper didn't seek you out. You think you're the hottest thing around but you're nothing more than a gold digger, who now is trying get in on something that is none of your business. The only thing you are correct about is the actual love between us."

Declan turned to his father.

"And if I find out you, dad invited her here, not only will Oriana set this house ablaze...I will become what you fear the most and you'll never have a good night sleep, good meal, or a son that despite your best efforts to alienate me, that actually loves and tries very hard to take your lessons to heart."

The dull blue glow to his hand showed he was fighting and urge, but Mushu wasn't here to help it and Oriana was too weak to fully curb the sorcerer's rage.

"Gothel, I suggest you back away to whatever tower you're currently inhabiting, before I send you back there in pieces. And before you say a damn thing, I've seen Oriana's memories, and it's only because of my love and respect for her, that you are not in pieces at this moment."

The boys knew this full well from when they enraged Declan before, and after having their hair burned off, were content to sit like embarrassed kids holding ice bags to their hairless heads.

Fergus went pale as a sheet and wide eyed, he didn't dare say a word, and was conflicted on being proud of Declan or wanting to denounce him as the demon he believed him to be.

Merdia despite the butt hurt was attempting to get back on Oriana's good side by showing support for them as well, Eleanor still the pillar of dignity, received their rude arrival with icy cold reserve, but politeness.

"Whatever you've done to enrage my son...I am not going to pry, but I caution you, he does wield powers that put people in fear."

Fergus remained silent, while Merida tried to corral Crane who was getting close to Declan again noticing the blood again coming from his eyes.

Whilst Declan was giving her Mother a thorough dressing down, Oriana was trembling. In the back of her mind, she felt a sense of pride and relief that Declan was standing up for her – mostly because she didn’t know how to with Dame Gothel. Her eyes did widen when Declan accused Fergus of inviting the atrocious woman himself…

At Cranes continued insistence of being nosy towards Declan’s blood eyes, Oriana flickered her eyes to him and sent a blistering heatwave in his direction. The hot air pushed him to the far corner of the room where he rushed to pull off his outer clothes and panted at the sudden sweat on his skin. In the crossfire, Merida was unfortunately thrown against the wall too but thankfully not too hard. They didn’t even question why Oriana had just hurt them that way – it was obvious, she was sick of their meddling.

Gothel, remained unfazed at Declan’s words and simply hummed. “Yes yes – big bad sorcerer. Once you’ve seen one then you’ve seen them all.” She picked up the glass of water as if to drink from it and then set it down again, turning her gaze back to Oriana once more. “My…you do have him tightly wrapped around your little finger don’t you?” She smirked, lips glossy and coated in a hideous shade of red. “Does he know you’re spoiled goods?” She grinned, “Lancelot’s cast off…oh wait, it wasn’t just Lancelot was it? Can’t remember their names? Poor thing…”

If Oriana hadn’t kept the last vestige of her patience together, the dining room and Dunbroch’s residence would have been crumbling by now. “H-how…do you know about Lancelot?” She was angry at herself in that moment, why did her voice have to come out so pathetically weak and shaky?

“Why I paid that fool…when you ran away, asked him to find you in that cold park and shelter you…” Gothel scoffed, “…even asked him to teach you a lesson for daring to run from me you little chit.”

Eleanor and Merida let out shocked gasps and it was that reaction that caused Oriana to feel like the blood was draining from her body. Shakily she stepped away from Declan and closer to Gothel. “Y... you asked him to do that to me? WHY?!” There was no going back from this revelation, her mother was well and truly psychotic. A sadist really.

“Mmhmm, did you really think you could just get away with deserting me? Oh and if you think this Sorcerer of yours…that it doesn’t affect him, what you are and who you’ve been with then think again. When the whole town is gossiping about what happened do you feel like he will keep you by his side? You think the Dunbrochs won’t be ashamed that their sons girlfriend has such a dirty past?” Gothel set the glass down on the cracked table and calmly walked towards the door. “All men are the same dear. You think he won’t cheat on you? Find another like you? Think again. You’re nothing special.”

“Get. OUT.” Oriana’s voice was suddenly different, it sounded as if multiple voices had radiated from her and there could only be one assumption that this was the ‘fire mimicry’ that the Empress had warned her of. Her whole body was covered in bright orange flames. The Dunbroch Residence shook under the deafening roar of her voice as Gothel slammed through a window, breaking the glass and after a beat, they all heard her pained yowl as her body crumpled on the cement floor outside. It had only been one floor and Gothel was made of stern stuff. Unfortunately.

Oriana stifled a sob and swallowed hard. It took some work, but she managed to stop her body from ‘flaming out’. For some reason, her clothes had remained intact. Her throat was parched and in dire need of something to calm her down, so she stalked over to the glass of water her Mother had previously been toying with and gulped down the contents without thinking. Her vision was darkening, and she was getting aura spots. “M-my head hurts…we should go home.” She whispered to Declan, not wanting to even look at him or the others in shame of what had been discussed in front of them. “I can’t even…walk.” If Winston could come get them then she’d kiss the butler himself, there was no way Declan or her could make it on foot back to Arcana Cabana.

Fergus went to say something but again was silenced by his eldest son, even after Merida had been pushed up against the wall and Oriana had sent Crane packing, Declan hadn't noticed Crane as he was fixated on Gothel, he was probing for a weakness, which he had found: arrogance, self absorbed, and sadist.

Only Oriana had saved her from Declan as he'd said, like it or not she was Oriana's mother as Fergus was Declan's father. The only reason he'd been able to stand up to Fergus now was because of Oriana, the dragon and phoenix as apparition told them.

Declan was stone faced when Gothel threw her comments at it, she clearly had no idea who he was and what he wielded. Clearly Gothel thought she'd seen all the sorcerer's...she must have only run into Balthazar and Veronica Blake, and they liked to think they were bigger than they were, using Declan's uncle's name as their master, when in fact he wasn't.

Declan's eyes flashed bloody red at Gothel's admission about Lancelot, dragon like the bloody tears were now steaming ready to blast Gothel into oblivion, Oriana had beaten him to the punch and blasted Gothel out the window.

Eleanor, mortified but relieved that Gothel was gone went to check Merida, she silently agreed with Oriana's treatment of Crane...while Declan wasn't her biological child, she knew the wrath his mother could bring as did Fergus, they didn't want to cross her or Merlin. Fergus in the mean time went to comment about his son being a demon but backed off at Eleanor, Merida, and once again Declan.

Declan caught Oriana and at her request texted Winston to come with the car.

"That was the best family lunch ever!"

Harris was impressed with Oriana's display, but it was one of those time and place things.

"Declan you'd better take her home..."

Merida was trying to mend the fence...but it was not the right time.

"Oi, boy...I...did nay invite Gothel...but I am 'appy ye've got a bonnie lass to call yer own."

That was about as good an apology as Declan was going to get from Fergus, who was still struggling with being proud of his son or in fear.

"Ye take care of 'er ye 'ear?"

"I will dad."

There was not much more to be said between the two, Fergus on sense was upset about the house being wrecked, but in another moved by Declan's devotion to Oriana.

"Invocho verias!"

Declan's incantation while startling his father, brought the will o' wisps to repair the damage to the house. The sorcerer returned his attention to Oriana.

"Ignore your mother, I am not interested in any other woman, put such fears to rest. I am going to avenge what Lancelot did to you, don't worry, but you need to rest, Winston will be here shortly."

Oriana was only half listening to the words being said in the room, when Declan approached her she simply allowed herself to be held and stare off at the floor waiting for Winstons car to honk outside. Despite drinking the water, she was still terribly thirsty but would much prefer the Mops and Brooms to bring her something refreshing to sip on than ask for another drink from Eleanor or Merida.

The words that had clearly hurt her the most, were two fold. One was the implication that Declan would not remain faithful to her...despite his declarations Gothel's vile comments had settled the doubt in her mind. The second was the admission that Lancelot had been her Mothers plan.

Thinking back to what the Empress had said...she became resigned to her fate. A Phoenix's destiny was to consume all the pain and sadness, and be at peace with it? How was that fair?

Although no longer crying, Merida could see that Oriana had wilted and seemed very glum and dejected. She met Eleanor's eyes across the room but shook her head. Neither of them were in Oriana's good books to comfort her but they also knew that Declan would take good care of her when they got home. When Declan repaired the room, Merida tried to diffuse the tension in the air in the room by smiling hesitatingly at him. "Shouldn't have bothered...Mother was hoping to redecorate in here anyway." Unfortunately her quip didn't work, as only the triplets laughed at her joke.

Winston luckily, only took a few minutes. Upon hearing him honk outside, Oriana lifted her head and slowly made her feet move. One of her hands was holding Declan's so she presumed he would just walk with her since they both just wanted to get out of there. She didn't make an effort to be polite and give her goodbyes to the Dunbrochs...they were past that now. She didn't believe any of them would recognize her in public or approached her unless Declan was there himself. It was just a facade and she'd never really belong to this family now that her past was out in the open.

Her eyes flickered up and down the road - wary of Gothel's presence still, but apart from a small splatter of blood on the footpath she was nowhere to be seen.

"Winston..." The bulldog looked through the car window and puffed on his cigar angrily, silent but always on their side. "Home." Oriana told him, tiredly clambering into the backseat and waiting for Declan to get in. The charge of blood magic was still thick so she patted her lap indicating he could rest on her for the ride.

The next few weeks passed without really much going on, however Declan had noticed strange behavior from Oriana, she'd been distant and not talking to him much. Sure they were still sleeping in the same bed, but it wasn't like it was before Gothel reared her head.

Given his own recovery from use of blood magic, Declan played it off as if she was recovering from her own bout of illness, he did not care about what had happened during their lunch with the Dunbrochs, though Merida had not come around the Arcana Cabana much since then.

There had been no sign of Gothel either, though he was trying to remain vigilant about that, still there were other matters to attend to, one of which was his remaining labors the other was Oriana.

Oriana had refused to go to the Addams mansion and who could blame her after what happened the last time, but in his mind only Morticia might have the answers as to what was going on with Oriana. He wrote a letter to her in red ink and hoped for a reply.

No sooner had he posted the letter, than Oriana had asked him...more like ordered him to go to the store, he'd obliged.

Taking his coat he left the Arcana Cabana and made his way to the grocery store, it wasn't going to be a terribly long walk but he was trying to ensure he didn't take too long...

"Blast...I forgot to write mango's on the list." Oriana whispered to herself, he had only been gone for two minutes so would only be up the road. If she followed him at a fast pace then she could catch up to him and probably join him on the store run. Not that she was in the mood to deal with people but she kept having the oddest of cravings. Sometimes Winston wouldn't follow through with her demands and the assumption was that he was controlling her sugar intake. As she turned a corner, Oriana found herself frozen to the spot and forced to watch her biggest fear come to life in front of her eyes. Declan was leaning against a lamppost with that bitch - Tinkerbell in his arms, lips locked to hers passionately and his hands in her dirty blonde hair.

She felt sick to her stomach. How could he? Part of her wanted to yell out but she couldn't get her voice box to work so without making a sound, Oriana turned and stonily stalked back to Arcabana Cabana. She only started breaking down once she was sure no one outside could hear her.

The haze she had been fighting off for a few days came crashing down, enveloping her, and forcing her to commit to its demands.

The demand for revenge. To hurt Declan the same way he had done to her.

The angry tears evaporated and the memory of him holding Tinkerbell in his arms dissipated. Oriana charged up the stairs to her bedroom and flung her wardrobe open.

The mops and brooms watched her warily from the open door as she changed her clothes, dropping her normal garments onto the floor where they started to smoke up and burn away. One of the mops zoomed into the room to put all the fires out that kept erupting around her and throw buckets of water everywhere.

Most certainly the carpet would need replacing.

They all watched Oriana transform from her usual laid-back look…to something that made even the Brooms look away with an embarrassed blush. Oriana looked at herself in the mirror and smirked, she didn’t need Declan.

She would show him how he had needed her. To add the finishing touch, she applied a dark red lipstick and heavy amounts of eyeliner grabbed her handbag and skipped off. Oriana had barely any clothes on her, and if she had been in her right mind would have noticed how similar her dress sense had become to Alice of all people. Revealing stockings, short skirt and a crop top that was too tight. There was no care in her eyes though, just the smoky haze that swirled around in the depths of them that told her that what she was doing was right.

Her journey wasn’t long, the only place she could think of…the only man she could think of was Severus Snape. They’d become good friends in their talks of a joint business venture, and he had confided that she reminded him of his old crush, Lilly Evans…as such, at this point she was not above playing on that. Plus, since arriving to Blackhaven his appearance had tidied up. Around these parts he was considered quiet good looking now that he was taking better care of himself. She let herself into the bookstore and made sure his apprentice was out.

Perfect.

When she found Snape, he was huddled in an armchair cataloging some new tomes that had come through. Hearing her footsteps, he looked up and did a double take. “Oriana?” He said, rather snappishly. What in the worlds was the woman wearing…although years of studying Polyjuice Potion made him wonder who actually was in front of him? Oriana didn’t usually have that hooded look when staring at him, her eyes were strange too – much darker.

“…you’re not Oriana.” He touched his back pocket and was relieved to find his phone in there. The person in front of him was radiating a strange pulse of heat, something Oriana only did when she was intensely angry, but the woman didn’t look angry in front of him…just hungry.

The potion to return his powers from Hogwarts was still simmering away in the back office, so there wasn’t much he could do in defense when he was suddenly levitated, and his eyes widened as she made a ‘come here’ motion with her finger and his body was snapped to stand rigid right in front of her. The only thing he could do was move his hand to his back pocket and press on the speed dial for Declan to come and remove this impostor from his shop.

“Miss…whatever your name is. Release me immediately!”

“It’s Ori, why? Do I look different today? You don’t like it?” Even her voice was different, had Snape met her mother he would have been repulsed by how much she sounded like Gothel herself.

Snape kept his eyes fixed on hers, not daring to look down. “If it is you…Oriana, I don’t know what happened, but you must settle me down and we can talk.” Inwardly, he wondered if Declan would even consider his missed call as an emergency. "What would Declan sa-" That was the wrong thing to say obviously as he was flung onto the ground with Oriana climbing over him. "Stop this!" The audacity of this woman to force herself on him, Severus Snape. If he had his wand then he wouldn't be in this predicament but then again - how could he attack his friend back?

"Declan?" Oriana hissed, "Declan who?"

“I’m not here to talk.” He was brought closer to her lips and Snape winced at the implication.

“Declan will never forgive you…think twice.” Snape swallowed, yes the woman did remind him of Lilly but not in that way. He had no designs on her and was utterly confused as to why this was all happening. The only thing he hoped was Declan would come here seeing his missed call and control the woman.

“Who said…. I care for his forgiveness.” Oriana smiled, showing all her teeth and Snape trembled. Up close, he could sense…. something had gone terribly wrong here.

Declan's trip to store went uneventfully, sure the Lost Boys were at their street corners doing their thing. He wasn't interested in what they were up to, still it was cold outside his breath hung in the air as he walked briskly, he hated the cold.

As he was checking out, he was going over to make sure he'd gotten everything Oriana had asked for, the last thing he wanted was her to rip into him for forgetting something she'd asked for, this mood change she'd undergone was strange, he'd never seen anyone take this kind of illness.

Hefting the bag he made the walk back to the Arcana Cabana, once again avoiding the Lost Boys, however taking time to probe and see if Tinkerbell was lingering somewhere, true the nasty gash on his side wasn't bleeding but it was still there, and would remain until the geas was broken.

Oriana was on his mind, he was hoping Morticia had an answer and in fact would answer his correspondence. The snow began to fall which meant that he needed to quicken the pace back home, he didn't want Oriana worrying about him.

It was then his phone went off, it was Snape, and when he picked up there was no answer but he could hear Oriana's voice and Snape's voice, and from what he heard didn't sound good.

He had to rush to the bookstore next to the Arcana Cabana, he was not about to run in these boots, but did the only thing he could do, get Mushu to meet him there and try and cause a diversion and get him the powder of sleeping.

Mushu obeying his master, burst in and caused some fireworks to go off.

"Yes that's right it's me the one and only MUSHU, thank you, thank you! Now our first guest is what-in-the-holy-fuck are you doing Oriana! Let's hear it for her folks!"

He had an illuminated Applause sign over head.

"That's right my master Declan does it for the applause! The way that they scream and cheer for him!"

More fireworks.

"And now the main guest, that's right it's the sorcerer himself, the bonnie laddie himself....DECLAN!"

It was at that point Declan, out of breath burst in, where Mushu handed him the powder of sleeping.

"I'm sorry, am I interrupting?"

Clearly seeing something was up with Oriana, but not knowing what...but not determined to jump to the conclusion that he did with Phil...tried to be cooler headed about this...looking for a trick to use as a distraction...

Declan caused some books to fall from the shelves, bursting into flames...

"ORIANA! Look!"

Snape gave him a look as to say "now".

The sorcerer wasted no time in muttering an incantation and blowing the powder of sleeping into his beloved's face.

Snape let out a relieved puff of breath when Oriana fell to one side with a thud and scrambled to get out from underneath. "You." He pointed at Mushu, "Will never mention a word of this to anyone." His dark eyes promised a world of pain if the little dragon even by accident gossiped about this to anyone. Not just to protect Oriana from rumours but himself...

To think the great and feared Severus Snape just got molested...he shuddered to think what Dumbledore and Potter would have made of that had they been alive.

He patted himself down, dusting off his clothes and glad to get control of his limbs. Snape averted his gaze from the ground, Orianas state of dress seemed worse when she was out cold and he didn't want the younger Emrys to get any ideas. "I wasn't sure if you would come at my call. This woman has gone crazy." He grumbled, then frowned. "But why..."

Why was Oriana acting out in such a manner? From their time at Hogwarts she seemed very loyal to the sorcerer and not once had he thought she could deceive the man. Then why had she throw herself at him, Snape, of all people? There would have been better...or worse characters in this town?

Or was there a part of Oriana which trusted Snape to not take advantage of her in this state. Was someone controlling her? Had it been her last ditch effort to get some help by choosing him?

Snape paced around Orianas body, glancing back and forth from Declan to Oriana.

Non of this made sense. The Phoenix should be on the righteous path since she had the Dragon on her side...or did she not?

Bending down, and hoping that Declan didn't strike him away from Oriana...he lifted one of her eyelids that were covered in dark eye-shadow and whispered "Leglimens..."

A woosh of memories hit him, and Snape viewed them emotionlessly that was until he found the trigger that had caused this mess.

Tinkerbell. Yes that annoying chit.

So....the craziness had stemmed from Declan's infidelity...no, he needed to dig deeper.

It took a few more moments before he let Oriana go and stared at Declan accusingly. "Mr Emrys, I would never have thought you...of all people, would behave in such a manner." His voice had returned to that of a strict teacher, wholly disaproving. "No wonder Miss Oriana is displaying this wildness. If you were to be unfaithful must it have been done in broad daylight?!" They were ex-Slytherins for Merlin's sake!

Delcan had let Snape look over Oriana hoping to get an answer or at least some semblance of an answer, true she'd been treating him with almost disdain since their return from his parent's house, but he had chalked it up to Oriana simply not feeling well.

Snape's commentary to Mushu, was of note to the sorcerer...he needed the extra insurance that Mushu would keep quiet.

"Mushu, you're ordered not to speak of what happened here...you're bound by me not to."

The dragon could do nothing to avoid it he was stuck, unless of course Merlin needed answers but only then it would not be in exactly clear form. What had come out next was shocking, him being unfaithful.

That made Declan angry, he was accused of many things, but no one could ever say he was unfaithful...in fact he was dumb enough to stay within the one way relationship it was with Tinkerbell.

Calmly he lifted up his shirt, showing the stab wound on his side, the mark of the geas.

"You'll forgive me for being angry, but that's a load of shit. I have not been unfaithful, Oriana has been the only person I've been with in the last three years. As you can see from my geas, I cannot be unfaithful, I cannot be released from the geas until my apprentice, which is Oriana reaches her proper place in the circle. She is bound to me in that manner, but our visit to Hogwarts revealed much more...I don't fully understand it, but something about me keeps her on the right path."

The geas began to bleed slightly and glow.

"She's close."

"Who?"

"The one who put me under the geas. Whatever tricks you might have left to see what is wrong with her, they'd be welcome professor..."

Declan was breathing hard, this was not something needed now given a high moment of stress, the last thing he needed was Tinkerbell to rear her head.

Snape studied the geas mark and frowned, "Hm I see...put your shirt down, don't remind me of Potter like that." He shuddered slightly, but it was a weak response to diffuse the atmosphere. Declan was far better man than Potter could ever hope to be. Yes, the geas was a significant issue but one that could be dealt with a bit later. He had a bigger problem forming in his mind right now.

"I am just informing you as to what is in her memories..." Although he wasn't able to use his full magical strength in Blackhaven yet - well, at least not until he had finished making the potion for it - but he was still able to use Leglimency. That was the beauty of the mind arts however the drawback was that it showed the memories of others...the thoughts of others, but not necessarily what was true.

"There is more to this though." He really hadn't wanted to have this part of the conversation. "Mushu...transfer her to the sofa." He let the dragon deal with that whilst he dragged Declan to his back office, rubbing the bridge of his nose in frustration. This was why he had left that damnable school. "Mr Emrys. I believe your Uncle and I...well, we didn't discuss it but from our last day at Hogwarts until today I had assumed he would have told you all this." And not left it to bloody well me! "I'm sure he has better powers of deduction than I. Yet judging from your angry demeanor right now...he has not."

Well, here went nothing.

"After being surrounded by miserable teen girls for all those years...and being forced to break up complete and utter horn-dogs hiding away in the school broom cupboards whilst on nightly rounds, I have always found it rather easy to deduct...when a young woman, is..." Snape perched himself on the desk of his small office and clasped his hands together, "Well..." He wasn't half struggling with this one, Snape usually prided himself with just being straightforward and upfront but this was a delicate matter. "Since I first saw Oriana I noticed the glow on her skin. Over time she was, looking plump in ah- certain areas. I spoke to Madam Pomfrey and was informed that she had wanted to do a diagnostic spell over her but Oriana would not let her anywhere near her person. The only thing she would allow were the prescription potions she was being supplied to manage her ill health. Potions...that Pompfrey was receiving from me. I didn't want to intervene because a part of me believed that you two weren't really mere students. However, I can say without a doubt in my mind...that Oriana is with child. I am sure it is yours...from the way you two remained in Hogwarts, refusing to be separated."

There. It was out.

"So ah yes, with child...and under a very dangerous influencing potion. There is no name for it as such but I recognized the effects of it from the crevices of her mind." He raised his hand, not letting Declan get a word in. "I know...this is a lot to take in. However, I need you to think. Has anyone been near her who would not have her best interests in mind? This potion would be clear...odorless and can usually be mixed with water. It allows one to control another persons emotions, feelings and most dangerous of all. Memories. Hence...I believe her angry reaction to believing you had been unfaithful. She is in the full throws of this potion now." In fact...what he didn't want to admit, was that in all his years of study he had never found a real cure for something this complex. "The more deeper she goes onto a dark path then it is possible she will harm her child." Without even knowing.

Mushu's jaw dropped, feeling sheepish that he'd not noticed Oriana was pregnant. It hit Declan hard, the reaction was there, the instinctive over protective of their mate type demeanor. The blood from the geas was seeping through his shirt, it wasn't bad, but it was now visible, where Tinkerbell was at this time was unknown, but she was at least in the vicinity. His thoughts then went to what the phoenix spirit told him, he would have to save her from the dark path, it worked in unison in a way, with her being able to set him free.

Ignoring the pain it caused, he closed his eyes and focused, one hand up palm out, it was a trick he'd shown Oriana as well, the magic used here focused on interactions, the people appeared as red haze or smoky depending on the power of the sorcerer or sorceress.

Declan hadn't mastered this, but had used it many times, it went fast...he was replaying the family dinner....no it wasn't his father, nor Merida, or Crane, or the boys...there it was! Gothel!

He could not see what used, however he could pinpoint the source. He was breathing hard due to the geas, but had an answer for Snape.

"Gothel, her mother, put something in the water she drank, when my siblings and father caused a scene."

"I've contact Morticia Addams as well to see if she knew anything, but I fear professor we have unwanted company. I pray your charge is okay, but if you hear any crowing or the sounds metal on stone...you need to focus on this...let me deal with Peter and Hook."

Declan made a small hand gesture to summon Excalibur to his hand, the icy cold grip of the hilt felt like the sword's purpose with Declan was nearing an end.

"You and I have work to do Excalibur...but not much more. Mushu! Get a message to my aunt Nimue see if she knows anything about what professor Snape just told me."

He could hear the crowing and the sound of metal on stone or brick...

Knowing that some part of Oriana would not want him harmed, he chose the aegis coat, the one that could reduce damage of blades. Whatever this was he'd have to power through it with Oriana, some how some way, he'd get her back on the right path...they were going to be a family. But first things first...

He stepped out of the book shop, he wasn't going to allow Snape's new digs to be damaged...at least not much. Hook and Peter could see he was bleeding, they had no idea why, but thought they had an advantage, with Peter swooping in trying to take Declan's head off...only to be met with an ice spike to veer him off.

Hook had a little more luck, getting that steel hook, wrapped around Excalibur, Declan merely let go of the sword, which encased Hook's arm in ice, Declan merely waved his hand and sent Hook flying in into the garbage area.

Peter had recovered and swept Declan off his feet with a low swing of the golden sword he had, this knocked Declan on his back and the sorcerer barely had time to roll away. A lightning blast got Peter to hold fast, twitching in shock complete with his hair sticking straight out.

Hook staggered to assist Peter, only to be met with a rock blast that knocked him sideways. Declan was then met a shot to the back with the flat of Peter's sword that took him to the ground again...Peter was going to drive the blade in his back.

"Oh bad form Peter...I thought more of you."

"The great Peter Pan takes any advantage he can get sorcerer!"

There was a strong blast of heat, one that reeled Peter back away from Declan and had him looking up in shock.

Stood in the doorway was a fully awake Oriana, black flames licked across her shoulders and gave the effect of smoke coming off her skin.

"Its your precious little red head." Peter snickered, levelling his sword down to see what the apprentice would do but was surprised when she merely scoffed at his words.

"I'm not his anything Peter." Oriana's voice now had a more sultry edge, one that had Peters eyebrow raising into hairline.

Oriana walked past Declans fallen body, swatting away Snape who tried to drag her back in the store. "I'm bored of both of you...don't annoy me further." Mushu's attempt to control her went to dust when fire walls kept blocking his every move.

Now she stood next to Peter, gazing down at Declan with an emotionless stare. "Declan Emrys...Dunbroch. Whatever name you wish to go by. Know this. I am no longer your apprentice. I have no interest to be chained down by you any longer...consider me free. And consider yourself free of me too. Have your liaisons with other women. They are free to have my second hand goods." At her words, Peters crew let out loud shocked guffaws.

"We've walked into a lovers tiff Hook!" Peter was quickly eyeing up this new version of the apprentice, as much as she paled in comparison to his Wendy he would do anything to rattle the Sorcerer and knew this would hurt him more than anything physical. "Let's give you a ride petal...we are off to the Tea Party. Fancy a drink."

Oriana froze, his arm was around her waist lest he got burned from the flames stirred up around her shoulders. "A drink sounds good." She turned to leave with him but glanced back at her ex. "I will leave you with a parting gift. More than what you did for me." With a silent wave of her hand, Declans geas wound stitched up slowly. It wouldn't last long, especially since she was planning on leaving the gobsmacked Tinkerbell who had just arrived alive...for now. But the effects of it were dimmed. "Of all the people it had to be her...she who causes you this pain. You disgust me." Her last words were angry, giving away the hurt which she had felt seeing him with the fae blooded woman.

"Stop this Oriana...you don't know what you speak of!" A fallen Snape got up to try and get through to her but it was in vain, the silly woman was walking into Peters gang with a victorious smirk. That Gothel had her well and truly under her control.

What a foolish thing to say, clearly Oriana didn't know she couldn't break the bonds of her apprenticeship. That comment about being a Dunbroch was a low blow for sure, he was no Dunbroch...that was made crystal clear years ago, still that was painful just as it was to lose Excalibur and Tinkerbell's betrayal when Mordred reared his ugly head.

So much was running through his mind, he had to remain silent or at least try to...though the bloody tears showed more than he'd wanted at this point, Peter's squawking made it hard to pinpoint Oriana's voice, something about it seemed not her...but the geas...that was an issue, more so when the old flame showed up, he couldn't get to his feet, and could only watch as Oriana went off with Peter, hand gesture at the spell he was trying to use just wouldn't go.

Snape couldn't help him, and Hook ever the opportunist took this chance to try and shed more blood as Declan struggled to get to his feet.

"Oh did the red-headded apprentice break you pathetic heart Emrys? Bad form that. I shall make the painless."

Declan barely had time to move back as the steel hook raked his mark...the bloodline was going to be awakened again, this time in a more destructive manner.

Tinkerbell had tried to stop Hook, but backed off as the blood seeped into the mark, she'd seen this and it wasn't good. When she'd inflicted the geas during the bout with Mordred it had caused a whole district in Blackhaven to virtually be wiped out, she had been trying to gain something from him and in a sense she got it, but not the way she'd planned.

There was power here but something about the red-head had changed the sorcerer, she didn't know what only what she'd seen with the car incident and the hydra.

Hook wasn't so lucky when Declan blasted him clear across town, the hook handed man was very lucky it was an air element that sent him back...Declan no control over which elements he used now and his powers were what people feared: destruction.

Though it was not the echoing voice and vaporous eyes, that would only come when enraged further, no he was on a mission to fix whatever the hell was going on with Oriana, this geas had been going on long enough.

"Professor, figure out what Gothel did. Get back to me as soon as you do and pray Crane doesn't come around."

Turning his attention to Tinkerbell.

"You, caused this whole thing, had not you not betrayed me in the first place much of this could have been avoided, now you've got two choices...you tell me how to get this geas off of me...or I am going to tear Peter, the Lost Boys, the Pirates, Wendy, and finally you limb from limb."

"Emrys, you're an idiot, the geas on you won't allow you to harm me. In fact I am sure I own you now...however if you're so damn interested about how to get it off of you, it's simple either I have to die, which is unlikely or that little red head of yours has to break it. Judging by what I just saw that's not happening, Peter's going to toy with her for a while then get bored and go back to Wendy. So what you are going to do for me, is help me identify who has been diverting my pixie dust shipments to the Tea Party and if it's Peter I am going turn you loose on him, hell I am going to do that anyways...but I will tell you, second star to the right and straight on till morning."

Where had Declan heard that phrase before? Didn't matter now...his destination was the Tea Party, one thing that could be said about him was he was loyal to the fault and if that phoenix spirit was correct, then he needed to get Oriana back on the path.

Tinkerbell laughed as darted off in the direction of the Tea Party, Declan moving as quickly as he could, despite his score with Peter, he needed to close the book with Tinkerbell, she'd caused enough damage...hopefully not too much. IF this was Gothel's doing...she had a date with the red dragon...something no one wanted.

The night had set, but for Oriana it seemed like she had just begun living. Peters's crew had brought her into the Tea Party and after an hour or so she had left their little group to venture onto the second floor.

Natalya, despite their distance and timid friendship to her credit had tried to stop her from entering the VIP section of the Tea Party but the Mad Hatter and Alice herself had intervened. They were thrilled to have Oriana back on board especially in her new get up. It was bringing in the cash and heightening the interest for the usual so called 'high' profile men of Blackhaven.

The redhead in question had moved on from the outfit she had visited Snape with, instead Alice's girls had done her up in their latest garb of a black corset, sheer stockings and six inch heels. On her head they had placed a kitten headband. The music hit her ears loud and drowned out the memory of Declan kissing that disgusting pixie faced Tinkerbell.

The hate kept brewing up and the more it rose, the harder she danced on the table tops and allowed them all to pour drinks down her throat. The air was misty with the after effects of pixie dust and other hard drugs. The more she breathed them in the less she cared about who was touching her and what the Mad Hatter was suggesting at her to do. Somewhere in the corner she could Alice cackling away.

Now that she no longer lived with the Sorcerer then she had to make her way somehow...earn a living. What did she even care anymore of her reputation?

Oriana suddenly lay on a table, not bothering to remove a strangers hand that was currently on her thigh and took a few minutes to rest her pounding heart.

All men are the same dear. You think he won’t cheat on you? Find another like you? Think again. You’re nothing special.

The table underneath her began to smolder and burn away as her thoughts turned so much darker. It was horrid to believe that her mother, dame Gothel had been right...but Oriana refused to be pushed aside. Before the table crashed and turned to ash underneath her she jumped up to the stage and began swaying her hips left and right, mouth splitting into a grin as she looked down at leering eyes wanting her to remove what was left covering her skin.

Declan did not see her as anything special...but the rest of Blackhaven would.

The cheers turned louder as she snapped one of her stockings off and dropped it to the floor, miming to the DJ to turn the music louder for her little spectacle.

Tinkerbell had led Declan to the Tea Party, the smell of blood would have been noticed by many in the Tea Party, Declan had rampaged thought the bouncers what was left of them would be found later, in various locations. He was in no mood for more bullshit, if what Snape had told him was true and Oriana was expecting, then the madness needed to stop, if he had to die then so be it, it was worth it to snap her out of this.

Tinkerbell glided around the Tea Party staying out his view just so she could watch the spectacle, the foolish playing card bouncers or guards, much like what happened on the night Declan and Oriana met, found themselves frozen or ashes at the sorcerer's hands.

Declan tore apart one of the theme rooms by a massive magical blast that couldn't have been good for the structure, there were no survivors in that room. No wasn't who Tinkerbell was looking for...on to the next room that met a similar fate, he was looking for Oriana, not doing Tinkerbell's bidding, but she was leading this using the geas "help" Declan find Oriana.

The dance floor was leveled when one of the bouncers tried to touch his shoulder, the bar itself lost some serious booze and possibly pixie dust. The March Hare quickly got his fun-boys out of the dominatrix room, yelling something to Declan about going to the VIP section.

If Alice and the Hatter had heard the commotion they'd be smart to run, however no one accused them of such a thing. Declan blasted through part of it while Tinkerbell laughed herself silly, to the point she toppled over in a chair, this was hilarious to her, watching the sorcerer struggle and unleash the destructive side of the bloodline that so many feared.

He heard in the haze loud music, in what he thought was the main area of the VIP section, this place was going to come down if he rocked it further to the core.

Tinkerbell finally decided endgame, like many fey, she chose to manipulate the truth...there was no person holding back her pixie dust shipments, the Hatter and Alice simply hadn't paid her what she thought she was do, and knowing Declan would go to great lengths for Oriana was using the situation to get even...

Whatever that was Oriana was wearing brought something back to Declan...he couldn't remember what...but it was not a happy thought...now she was risking harming their still unborn child...he moved quickly, preventing her from removing any clothing of hers, what little there was, by throwing his aegis trench coat over her.

The sorcerer almost never used fire, but he exploded when in his mind the Hatter and Alice made Oriana do this. Tinkerbell did nothing to change that thought and was willing to let him kill them both as the room itself began to collapse after the sheer blast of magical energy...

"Told you Hatter, you should have paid up...now I am going to use the sorcerer to collect what I am owed, and his pretty little apprentice seems to have him all upset. Emrys...you can kill him and Alice."

Something was stopping Declan short, as the phoenix spirit had said there was balance, even though Oriana was under Gothel's will at the moment, that didn't mean their bond had broken, the calming effect was there long enough to prevent him from killing both the Hatter and Alice who he'd had in a choke hold using magical means, his eyes flickered a bit.

"Not smart Hatter, you sure know how to get on my bad side...I know love is a foreign thing to you...but even though Oriana doesn't love me any longer, doesn't mean I don't love her. Give me one good reason why I don't end you both here."

Tinkerbell didn't understand, why wasn't he finishing them off? They owed her and she had the geas on Declan!

Last edited:
Doesn't mean I don't love her.

The black flames that had been brought back by Declans arrival flickered somewhat just as his eyes did and Oriana had to shake her head, tugging the aegis coat off and chucking it to the floor in anger. "So now you're what? Having a temper tantrum?" She yelled, not really caring about the Hatter or Alice. Nor any of the customers here.

"You are here...with that bitch." Oriana swung her hand down and Tinkerbell let out a shriek, the fronts of her legs were burning up and the skin started to peel away in blisters. "You're listening to her...as if she owns you." Her face was scrunched in frustration even as she tore up part of the stage in her anger. Each step off the stage was causing the wood around her to start smoking up. "Damnit Declan, maintain your bloody distance. We aren't together any more. Don't come around me flaunting your new toy and expect me to act okay with it." Her eyes showed how livid she was with him. "But since you're here, let me show you what I am actually truly capable of...and allow me to use your new fling in demonstration."

Large black smokey wings protruded from her back, and each step towards Tinkerbell had her cowering in fear with eyes darting left and right in search of an escape route. "I was considering letting you go...you're just a fly to me. Something to be swatted away...its your own fault for acting like a damn dung beetle." Oriana smiled rather creepily, "Down goes the tink...tink..." A snap of her fingers had Tinkerbell shrieking in pain, doubled over and coughing up blood. "Don't want to save your new girlfriend?" She asked Declan with a fake sweet tone, "Not even if I do this?" Her fist was filled with Tinkerbells blonde hair now, burning the strands up.

The distraction Oriana had caused allowed the Hatter and Alice to slink away, leaving just the three in the room with them. Just as she was about to move her hand to Tinkerbells throat a black shadow caught the side of her eye.

It was Snape, looking disheveled and rather annoyed. "Mr Emrys, I believe Gothel is on the run...now that she knows you are aware of her actions." His eyebrows rose at the sight of Oriana and her dark wings, "Ah - I see the situation has worsened..." He was in two minds to tell Declan to calm down too but doubted it would do any good. Knowing this he had even told Luna to remain in the panic room back home until the dust had settled so to speak. He had frantically gone through every book in his store and list of potions earlier to find no cure but did find a handwritten note in a very old tome that suggested a potential cure. It was enough of a helpful hint that had him run here to find Declan.

However seeing the furious Phoenix in front of them he dared not utter the cure in front of her.

Instead, he rather bravely considering the effects of the blood magic in the air, stood in front of Declan and stared into his eyes. With Leglimency he could even force Declan to see a pretend memory...one that he fabricated and slipped into the top surface of the Sorcerers mind.

It was Declan himself, forcing Oriana under and into Lake Logres...and bringing Gothel to her knees with Excalibur.

The death of the creator of the potion and the purity of those waters would be the only way to return Oriana to his side.

"Don't you dare accuse me of being in her service, Ori, you know very well of the geas. Burn her for all I care...but you're going to step back from this path...you heard the phoenix spirit."

The pain was the geas, and the hurtful tone, but being Fergus Dunbroch's bastard son...he'd taken worse verbal abuse, she had no idea what his temper could do, in fact he had no idea what it could do to be honest.

Declan was in the throws of countering Oriana before Snape had stepped in, the forced memory did work in the confusion of blood magic, while the dragon side of Declan was focused on Oriana, Snape could reach a glimpse of Declan.

So, to free her the lake...that was his aunt Nimue's element, but how to get her there? There were two ways, one he was not going to be able to do...the sleep or knock way.

He had to take caution, their unborn child still was holding him back, the Tea Party was teetering on collapse when Declan blasted his way in...Oriana was going to bring the whole thing down.

The wings were not lost on him...however them not being fiery in this case black was of concern.

The only piece of control he had over an element...was Excalibur.

"Excalibur gu logres loch!"

He had to brace himself...water and ice was going to be the means of transport to Loch Logres, he had no clue who was going get what element...but Snape was going, Declan was going and damn sure Oriana was going...Tinkerbell would as well, she controlled the geas....

Meanwhile, the other dragon called Merlin was on the hunt, enough was enough, an attack on his family could not stand and he'd seen Declan hurting enough...Gothel's arrogant comment about seeing one sorcerer and seeing them all was about to come back to haunt her, there was no hiding from Merlin...he could only hope that Nimue was ready...

Oriana found herself staring at starry sky, her back hurting from falling into wet grass. There was another thud and next to her fell Tinkerbell.

With a shriek of rage, Oriana was on top of her. Declan's words making her spiral out of control. Every touch to Tinkerbells skin had the fae begging someone to intervene, yet no one could...or did.

Oriana didn't even register where she was and why. All she knew was that she wanted Tinkerbell...to die.

She wanted Declan to see only her...even if she was too angry to accept him anymore. Nothing about her made any logical sense. It was all just fiery rage.

Tinkerbell suddenly rolled away with a pant of effort, standing at the edge of the lake and Orianas vision narrowed. "Run all you want...but I am going to end you tonight." The air around her thickened with smoke and the ice effect from Excalibur had slowed her movements down somewhat but not enough to help Tinkerbell.

The woman in front of her was desperately searching her body for some pixie dust when Oriana took the final step towards her, eyes filled with bright orange flames and simply whispered "Burn."

Behind them, Snape who was staring at this madness from his position in the mossy grass silently watched Tinkerbell catch fire and scream out repeatedly for mercy but no one was willing to intervene when the wrath of a Phoenix was in full form. Even if it was a dark Phoenix.

"Declan..." He whispered, indicating that now was the time. Oriana had her back to them...yet they were interrupted again.

A figure came flying through the trees to thud against the ground next to the lake.

Tinkerbell was still burning when an angry Oriana stepped away to get a look at their new visitor. "Mother?"

Gothel groaned, wiping the blood from her mouth and staring at the new version of her daughter. A slow smile spread across her face even knowing that Merlin was not far at all and she should be running.

The curiosity got the better of her and so did the smugness. "You...are in much better spirits my dear." Unfortunately, Oriana wasn't pleased to see her. The redhead was reminded of her mother's last words to her at the Dunbroch residence.

Oriana was suddenly crying hot angry tears. "This is your fault...you put the idea in his head that day..." Perhaps if Gothel hadn't suggested Declan would cheat on her then he wouldn't have. The last of Tinkebells screams faded away leaving a pile of ash.

"You don't need him...now deary, stop these silly Sorcerers from harming your poor Mother...and we can finally be a family together." Gothel knew her only chance was to put Oriana in fronr of her and against Merlin.

Declan pulled himself up with the help of Snape, two ribs were damaged and his left shoulder was numb with pain...Excalibur was lazily being held by him, but glowing with those icy Celtic runes...the sword's purpose with Declan was nearing it's end...he moved as quickly as he could trying not to pitch over, but it was a stagger.

He stopped and jolted, he hadn't noticed his shirt had been torn, but as Tinkerbell was finally engulfed in flames...the geas mark vanished, it could be assumed the dagger had burned to ashes and dust to dust with Tinkerbell...sadness and relief overcame Declan, he pitied Tinkerbell in some way...but what she had done to him was unforgivable, and only Oriana had shown him what real love was...

Close he staggered, a weight had been lifted but his blood hadn't cooled, the dragon was trying subdue the dark phoenix, but once again his uncle came through for him, as he always did. There was Gothel...and it appeared an exchange was going on between them.

Mushu for all his silliness, prodded his master on, Declan's feet were feeling heavy...but as he got closer to Oriana the rage of the dragon calmed just a bit more, but flared up at Gothel, losing Oriana to dark phoenix...was unacceptable.

Straightening up he threw Excalibur at Gothel with all his might....not sure where it was going hit Gothel, but Declan was aiming for the stomach.

He'd heard something about the sorcerer's being the evil here...more lies...

Declan had to act quickly, not knowing how injured Gothel was, nor did he care, he grabbed Oriana quickly and spun her around, knowing what was to come next, he had to give her a real kiss, not a damn thimble.

"People do crazy things when they're in love...you and I are going to be a family...you're carrying the next Emrys."

He gave her a long romantic kiss, before summoning Excalibur again to his left hand while using a magical blast sending Oriana into Loch Logren.

Using both hands he hurled Excalibur in to Loch Logren.

"Take it back auntie!"

A hand arose from the loch, and caught the sword...the hand held the sword for a short time, the was a glow of magical energy that radiated before the hand disappeared into the loch.

Declan was in pain and collapsed to his knees, he had to watch the woman he loved go into the loch in hopes of saving her, the bloody tears were replaced by normal tears...

Oriana had gasped in shock, watching Excalibur sink into her mothers stomach. No…it wasn’t grief but just the surprise of it that had caused a reaction within her. She felt nothing for her Mother, dark phoenix or not.

Gothel was convulsing on the ground but before Oriana could do anything, she was swung around. At first she resisted until she realised it was Declan. The part of her that was angry at him was slowly receding as Gothels breath stuttered and she bled out. The black wings around her were starting to fade away

You’re carrying the next Emrys…

“What…?” Oriana barely had time to question that statement and was being kissed again, by now most of the fury had ebbed leaving just the hurt and confusion. What was he trying to do? Fine…maybe he did hold feelings for her but…why had he cheated? What was this about…her or the next Emrys?

At his magical push, Oriana let out a silent scream in denial. Her eyes were filled with tears showing how much she felt betrayed by him as the water enveloped her and dulled the power of the Phoenix. Oriana’s arms furiously tried to keep her to the surface of the water, panting with her head above the water and spluttering out, “D-don’t do this Declan…” She didn’t want to go down to the cold depths of Lake Logren. He was ignoring her…sending Excalibur down to his Aunt and the next she knew Nimue herself was dragging her down. Her eyes closed, the last thing on her mind was Declan’s battle torn body…the geas wound that had closed up and the tears on his face.

Minutes past by, and when the bubbling water finally settled Snape and Mushu staggered to Declan’s side and tried to lift him up. Gothel’s body needed to be disposed of and they had to return him to Arcana Cabana.

“Mr Emrys…” Snape pulled the grieving man up, “…Once she has been purified, the waters will return her…but you can not remain here.” Who knew how many days Oriana would be gone? “Let us take you home and tend to all our wounds…Mushu will deal with that Gothel.” He said the woman with all the distaste he could muster in his voice.

What a waste of life…Gothel could have raised Oriana to be a confident powerful young woman, with pure ambition and strength in her heart but instead…from what he could see, there had been no love lost between that mother and daughter. It was a disgrace.

Looking back over to Blackhaven skyline the air was filled with the smoke and destruction that had occurred due to the Sorcerer and Apprentice being driven apart from that menace of a woman. He shuddered to think what would have happened if Oriana had given herself to another man in her state. Declan surely would have driven Blackhaven and all its residents into the ground. “Come.” He tugged on Declan’s arm, and wondered how he’d get the young man home.

Luckily, there was a honk not far off that Snape recognized to be the vehicle Winston always drove.

Back