Resolved/Answered Blog adverts?

Lazzamore

WAAAAAAAAAA-
Hey, so I started a blog to host my writing projects. I wanted to put them in one place from here on out to build a portfolio of sorts for later, when I try to be published someday. I was wanting to publish my stories here too, so you guys can see them as well.

My question is: What I really need is traffic in my main blog, would it be okay with the staff here if I linked back to my blog as well? I looked at the rules, and while I'm not technically breaking any of them, I wanted to be sure I was not being rude or anything. I'm new to blogging and such.

I think that would be a question better addressed by an Admin. However, I have seen several sites allow for this. Often times they were listed as affiliated sites.

Personally, I myself wouldn't see a problem with this, but I think Tiko or Dash would have the final say on it tbh.

That's fine, as long as it's in an appropriate location on the website. IE don't flood chat with links every hour, or post them into someone's roleplay, etc. Common sense and all. As long as you're not trying to sell a product for money via indiscriminately posting links around the forums (IE a spam account), we encourage people to share their creative works and to be sociable with one another, on and off site.

I'd think I fit perfectly in that Criteria. All I wanted to do was extend my Blog over to here, and I don't intend to monetize it in the near future (I don't even own the setting I'm starting with, as a matter of fact.) Thanks guys!

Back