Blood Angel 1x1

She nods slightly at his words. "Can understand that. I'm Anglian. Never had a last name." She shrugs slightly.

The place he brought her to was in a way what she expected but bit fully what she expected.

She heads in side with him, following quietly. Why was she doing this? Trusting him? A sick thought crossed her mind, even if he ended up killing her, at least the pain would end.

Quickly she pushed that thought away, she hadn't drank enough tonight.

Viktor shut and locked the door behind them, not that it would keep his thieving family out of his home. He went to the fridge and removed one of the blood bags. He poured some into a glass, then hesitated.
"Hot or cold? I don't mind it cold sometimes, but from the microwave goes better. Or maybe, take a sip and I can warm up a second one for you." He placed the glass on the counter top, so that she wouldn't have to touch him.
"Your name is pretty, by the way, very like you are." He looked around, at the high, vaulted ceiling, "You're welcome to my home, anytime you like, a bed, a shower, my fridge."

Her eyes flicker instantly to the high ceiling as they entered. It was beautiful to her. They were high enough that she could let her wings out. She didn't though and kept them hidden.

The scent of the blood drew her eyes to him. "Either is fine. It will have the same effect on me." She regards him a moment. He called her pretty. She always shrugged off such comments as she always blamed her angel side for it.

"Why are you helping me?" She asks as she steps over to the counter, looking to the glass. Would she black out this time? It was possible. Her angel half hated her vampire half.

Viktor smiled a little. he poured another two glasses, putting one in the microwave and he sipped at the other one.
He sighed, "Because, something in me told me I should. I haven't lived this long as one of the most hate species on the planet, without listening to my instinct," He shrugged, "It told me to follow you."

His answer was not the one she expected at all. She watches him a moment longer then nods a little. "After a drink that...I will black out....it happens every time after I feed." She says.

Picking the glass up, she moves to a place on the floor and sits down. She never understood furniture.

Glancing to him again then she downed the drink. The pain hit her hard as usual. It was a little less but it was still enough.

She gazed over at him and managed to set the glass down before she broke it.

Rolling her sleeves up, she revealed to him her marks. Written in ancient angelic language. The marks seemed to be dancing along her skin. Then she lays down and curls up tightly until the pain pulled her into the darkness and she passed out.

Viktor watched her, blue eyes wide with confusion and pity for the conflict raging inside her.
Once she passed out, he picked up the glass, trying to figure out what he could do. Then he went to his linen cupboard, searching out a thick blanket he had. Gently, careful not to touch her with his bare skin, he rolled her into the blanket and lifted her. Carrying her to one of the spare bedrooms, lying her on the bed. No wonder she fed as little as possible. He returned to the kitchen for his own glass and went back to the room, sitting in the comfortable armchair, feet up on the end of the bed. He pulled out a book and waited, reading quietly, sipping occasionally from his bloody meal, as if it was a fine wine.

As he moved her, she didn't stir at all. The black out deep. It kept her that way for a few hours. Slowly the tension began to ease from her body as she starts to wake.

With a grimace she opened her eyes, a groan leaving her lips. The only way to describe how she felt now was to call it a hangover.

She squints her eyes a bit as she looks around slightly. Then tenses up again as she didn't recognize where she was. Wait she wasn't alone. The scent. The male from before but where was she? She thought she had been on the floor.

Viktor looked up as she groaned, sitting up, letting his feet slide to the ground.
"Anglian," he said softly, "It's alright, you're safe. I'm sorry I moved you, I was carefully not to allow skin to skin contact, but you can't possibly be comfortable on the floor."
He took a deep breath, "Is there anything else I can do to help you?"

She followed the sound of his voice with her eyes. Seeing him clearly in the dark of the room. She shakes her head a bit. "I always sleep in the floor..." she looks around at the bed she was in. It was comfortable.

He was offering her more help again. It was such a strange thing but it was impossible she suddenly realized to ignore his help. His ceilings..." Your ceilings....they are very tall...I haven't let my wings out in a few decades...been too dangerous to do so..."

Viktor smiled gently,
"I've never seen an angel's wings, to be honest." He waved his hand, "Let loose all you like. Might I suggest the ballroom? It is completely open to the third floor. I was a bit decadent when I bought this place."
Somehow, in all his long life, he had manged to avoid angels for the most part. They seemed to believe all vampires were evil and he was sure that he was not, but there's no way to tell God's messengers that.

Her eyes flicker a little as she stares at him as he spoke those words. An entire space where she could let her wings out? It seemed that she was dreaming. It felt that way.

If it was the case she would let the dream play out. She looks to him a little and shakes her head. "I am no angel...not anymore but nor am I a vampire..." she shakes her head. "It's complicated. "

Moving from the bed, she pulls her jacket off and rolls her shoulders a little before a dark light seemed to shimmer off her skin for a moment before two large dark red wings with a few black feathers there.

Viktor blinked for a moment, his blue eyes studying her and her strange but enchanting wings.
He opened his mouth, then closed it again,
"That's like nothing I've ever seen in this world," He said, awe touching his voice. He couldn't help but stare for a moment, then he regained himself and opened the door with a flourish.
"You could dive straight off the landing if you like, we're on the second floor, unless you need to go higher, or take off from the ground," He said,standing at the carved wooden railing that protected people from falling to their deaths to the polished wooden floor below.

She shakes her head a little at him. "I am the only of my kind. Usually when an angel is bitten they die. I'm the only to survive one. "She shrugs a little. "Should have seen them before they chsnged..." she smiles faintly then looks to the open door and the railing. It's been so long since she flew. Could she still do it?

Moving her wings gently, she tests their strength. They felt strong, as if she had been flying every day still.

Once with more room, she stretched them out, letting them feel the breeze. Stepping up onto the railing. She stood there a moment perfectly balanced before falling good forward and letting her wings take her weight.

Joy filled her face as her strong wings carried her through the air.

Viktor lent against the railing, smiling gently as he watched her. Helping another person had never been all that appealing to him, but there was something about bringing the joy of flight, something he had only imagined himself, back to another being.
The back door slammed open. Viktor all but flew himself, down the stairs and barred the doorway.
"Little brother," He growled, blocking Stephan's view of the inside of the house.
"Vik, where'd Alys and the leech disappear to?"
"Looking for you, I guess. You better go and find them," Viktor tried to shove his brother back outside.
"Who's here with you? There's another scent, you live alone, freak, you don't even like other living things."

There was no way to describe the feeling she felt as her wings took her through the air. It reminded her of the days before the war when she would fly just to feel the sun on her face and glide with the birds.

At the sound of the door slamming open, she moved her wings sharply stopping in mid air. The scent of wolf reached her and she knew it must be the brother.

Moving silently and carefully, she eased back to the railing. Once there she tucked her wings and climbed back over.

Pressing her back against the far wall so she was out of sight of the wolf. She wasn't sure if he had seen her or not but out of caution she hid her wings once more and waited.

She wasn't sure if revealing herself would help the situation any so she tried to remain quiet and out of sight. The words exchanged between the two reaching her ears.

She glances around a bit. There wasn't really a way to hide from a wolf up there. Their sense of smell was too strong and she couldn't fly out a window. Now she felt trapped.

Stephan tried to shove past Viktor, and with his larger build, almost succeeded, until the pale haired vampire grabbed him by the shirt collar and threw him back.
"I greatly resent that you just waltz into my house," Viktor snarled. "Out, dog, I'm sick of the smell of you."
"Oh, baby brother, my heart's breaking. You don't love me," A voice purred. Viktor whirled around to find his pixie-like sister perched on the railing of the back staircase, an all but secret passage through the back rooms of the house.
Viktor sighed, "Alys, please. I have a guest."
"Oh I know, she's very pretty. Hey, Stephan?"
"Yes Allie?" Viktor almost decked his brother for the puppy-dog eyes he was giving their elder sibling.
"Can you go with Damon? He needs your help with something."
"Sure Allie," The damn dog nearly skipped back out the door where the ancient vampire was waiting. Damon's green eyes looked pained as he glanced back at Alys, then the pair disappeared into the night.
Alys leapt neatly off the bannister and grinned, "Now, baby brother, I want to meet your new girl. I hear we have something in common about battling natures."
"How - I'm not even going to ask," Viktor sighed, Alys and Damon always seemed to know ore than they should. He didn't know if it was an age thing or just a mysterious, other being thing, although there wasn't anything special about Damon aside from his age.
Viktor sighed and gestured for Alys to proceed him up the stairs, "I will take you to meet her."

Anglian had managed to return to the bedroom she had woken up in. The sounds of the two brothers arguing filling her ears. Her hands instinctively went to her daggers at her back. Her grip was tight on them as she waited.

In the confines of the room she felt trapped. How had she been so foolish to let her guard down so easily? She should have known better.

She tilts her head as she picks of the scent of the female from before and soon heard the conversation change.

They were headed this way. She was hesitant to take her hands off her blades as she listened to their approaching steps.

Slowly she eased her grip and let her hands fall to her sides. Her wings once more out of sight as she looked to the door way. She stood on the far side of the room near the wall.

Viktor knocked,
"Anglian? My sister would like to meet you. I give you my word she won't hurt you."
He looked down at Alys, the hybrid was nearly humming with energy and he sighed,
"Can you tone it down a little? If she doesn't want to see you, I won't make her."
Alys smiled, "Always the gentleman, I know. And I can't tone down, I haven't had my run today. Damon wanted to fly, I hate flying, no room to run in a tiny plane."
Viktor was grinding his teeth in frustration, why did his family always have to be so irritating?

Won't hurt her? Could she really trust his word? Then she thought carefully of his own actions since she had met him. If he was going to hurt her she would be harmed by now wouldn't she? Instead he had been careful with her as he was being now. His word she supposed she could trust.

She nods her head a little. "You both can come in."

Viktor opened the door, and like the gentleman he had been raised to be, he stepped to the side to allow Alys to walk in before him.
The hybrid grinned as she came in.
"Nice to meet you, Anglian. I'm alys. My daddy was a wolf and our mummy is a vampire, we avoid her, she's cray-cray."
Viktor groaned, "Alys, shut up, your mouth is running a mile a minute."
The white-haired girl grinned, "So? Everyone says they love my personality."
Viktor shook his head, looking to Anglian, "If she bothers you, I can kick her out."

Back