Blood Angel

Once upstairs, he had Purple lay Angelian down on the bed. He pulled out the medical supplies and began to assess the wounds. He found two bullet wounds.
The silver burning at the flesh still. He grabbed some pliers and was forced to remove the bullets. Once they were free the wounds began to heal up. He was gentle as he cleaned her up the best he could.
With a heavy sigh he nods to Purple. "She will be out for a while. When she feeds her vampire side, her angel side fights it. Causes her to black out after. Physical contact is painful." He shakes his head.

He kneeled down next to the bed and kept his eyes on her. He couldn't remember ever being this worried about someone outside his family before, but he felt some sort of drive to make sure she was safe. "I wish I could've done more to help... I've never been in a fight like that before, I guess I just didn't know what to do."

Markus regarded the young demon for a moment. "It is not something anyone should have to know how to do but it is still needed." He nods. "I can teach you what I can and I'm sure she can teach you the rest."

He nods and falls silent now.

It took him a moment, but he looked away from Angelian and up at Markus. "You'd be willing to teach me... how to fight? Or at least, fight off hunters? That.. would actually be a really big help."

Markus nods. "The hunters are getting braver and more foolish. For them to have come in here as they did...its not good. You need to know what to do." He nods then pauses as Angelian stirred a little on the bed before settling again.

"Do not look at her as a monster for what she did. Her bloodlust is something she struggles with." He nods to the door. "Come, I will show you some things while she rests."

As she stirred, Purple turned his eyes back to the angel, but only for a moment. "I would never think of her as a monster. She can't help what she is. I have a brother in a very similar situation, hates what he is and what we have to do to survive. But it's not something we can control." He stands up and starts towards the door. "But that aside, whenever you're ready to start, I am."

Markus nods and takes Purple to a room across the hall. It was large in size and the floor free of any furniture. It was used for training.

Carefully Markus began teaching Purple. Showing him different hand to hand moves and ways of defense.

Angelian remained out for several hours. After some time though, she began to stir a little. A grimace filled her as she rolls sharply to her side. Her body jerking as she dry heaves. Nothing coming up. A tremble moved through her before she settled on her side curled up tightly.

Purple was hanging on every word Markus said, and paid close attention to the movements and what he needed to do. His mind occasionally went back to Angelian, but he typically managed to convince himself that she was fine. Yet no matter what he told himself, he just couldn't stop worrying about her. Even with as closely as he was paying attention his concern for her kept nagging at the back of his mind.

Markus stops after a few hours, not wanting to wear him out. "I'll get some water. Go and see if she is awake. You must not ever push yourself to hard the first time learning. " he stated.

He smiled a little and nodded. He went back to the room Angelian was in and slowly approached her. She seemed to be awake but he couldn't quite tell. "Hey, are you alright?" He spoke softly, just in case she wasn't awake, or wasn't fully recovered from her bloodlust.

Markus had gone to the kitchen and grabbed some bottled waters and a cloth he wetted gently. He had only ever seen this once before with Angelian and it was going to be rough for a few days.

Angelian had tended as soon as she heard movement in the room. Her eyes flicker as she opens them. She kept curled up on her side as she gazed at him. "You shouldn't be near me." Her skin was flushed and her fangs long but her hunger were satisfied. She was no threat to him or anyone at the moment. She couldn't even stand at that point, let alone attack anyone.

Hearing this seemed to make him a little stubborn. "Hey, I know you probably feel bad for what happened back there. But you don't have to. Maybe you don't like what you are or the things you have to do to survive, but we can't help things like that. Don't beat yourself up because of one incident. What happened downstairs did not make me see you any different from the person I know you are. Even if we've only known each other for a few hours..."

Markus came into the room. "He is right. You beat yourself up too much for something you have no control over." He hands a water to Purple then set his down as he handed one to Angelian. Then he gently placed the cool rag on the back of her neck.

Angelian grimaced slightly but remained still and curled up on her side. The rag felt cool to her and soothing to her growing headache. "Huh, you both are blind." She grumbles.

Markus smiled a little. "You know we are right." He pauses and nods. "I checked some things while downstairs. The master has issued a warrant for you."

He accepts the water with a smile, which faded at Markus's last comment. "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" He didn't know which master Markus was talking about, of course, so he felt he had to be sure this warrant would be good for the angel somehow.

Angelian tenses slightly at his words. She should have known it would happen. It had only been a matter of time before she was chased from another city.

She sighs a little. "The master vampire to the city. He controls a lot of the going ons for supernaturals in this city." She rubs her head slightly. "Warrant means he wants me alive. If it remains that way...is a different story."

He still couldn't really tell whether this was a good or bad thing, so he decided to keep silent and just take a sip of his water. If trouble ever came along with this... master vampire he already knew he'd do everything to make sure Angelian was safe. And again he wondered why he felt such a connection to her when they had only known each other for a few hours. He didn't want to question it too much but if he really was this quick to trust people he could get himself into some serious danger.

Markus shakes his head. "We need to get you out of the city. I doubt the master has the warrant out because he wants to talk. Last time he saw you he said he would make an example of you."

Angelian grimaced slightly as she tries to sit up a little. "He can try all he wants. I'm not going anywhere this time. I'm tired of these masters constantly kicking me from their cities."

"But why would they want to kick you out? Unless you have a reputation of causing trouble or something." He gave a weak chuckle at his comment, trying but likely failing to lighten the mood with a little joke. "Uh, if there's anything I could do to help, I'd be willing to."

Markus shakes his head. "It has everything to do with the old rivalry between angels and vampires."

Angelian shakes her head slightly. "I was born an angel. A general to the old armies and long ago, before the cities were ever built, vampires and angels were at war. I killed many. We have been given orders to purge the world of them. We succeeded partly but during our final battle, I had been bitten. Most angels when bitten die from it. Me...it was different. I became part vampire. I was disowned by my own and hated by vampires." She shrugs.

"So any time she is in a city, the vampires try to attack her. The masters usually forced to kick her from their domains. As you saw tonight, she never instigated the attacks. She's just hated for her past and for what she is."

Angelian sighs a little and tries to get up but her legs would not hold her and she ended up back on the bed. Markus narrows his eyes. "You know better than to try to move so soon. "

She grimaced but shakes her head. "I can't stay here. I've put you both in danger."

He listened closely to the explanation, and admittedly felt bad for all Angelian had gone through. But seeing her try to get up only made him more worried for her. "But you don't have to leave now. You need to rest, at least get your strength back." Then he realized something. ".. You know, this might be bad timing, but I just realized we never really had a proper introduction. My name's Purple. And before you judge, I had to name myself and I didn't know anything about the world around me at the time." He smiled as he held out a hand to her, though seemed a little unsure of himself as he did.

Back