Blood Angel

She smiles a little at his words and accepted his hand carefully. Usually when she touched someone, there was pain, a great deal of it. She was prepared for it but as soon as her hand touched his, there was no pain at all. She stared at the contact. "How strange....I usually can't touch anyone without pain...yet with you I dont feel any..." she says. Then blinks. "I'm Angelian."

Markus nods a bit. This was very strange indeed. "Its settled. You are staying put." He nods though was now curious of the young demon.

He smiled upon learning her name, though curiosity rose in him about her not feeling any pain when she touched him. He had to agree with what Markus said next, though. "Maybe it has something to do with what we are. I won't jump to conclusions though, I find that assumptions rarely turn out to be a good thing."

Markus nods a bit. "Assuming is dangerous."

Angelian nods her agreement as well but she was curious. It had been centuries since she had been able to actually have contact of any kind. She had given up on any hope of friends...or relationships in this world because of it. Markus had been her only friend because he had been too stubborn to listen to her.

She sighs a little. "He will send others here...you know its only a matter of time. This is your home Markus. I dont want it destroyed because of me."

Markus shrugs a bit. "This is not where my heart is. This is just a place with walls."

Purple couldn't help but smile at that last bit, as cheesy as it was. "You know, we're here to help when you need it. I doubt either of us will back down just because of a vampire trying to get to you. I at least know I won't."

Markus smiles a bit and nods as well.

Angelian narrows her eyes. "What Markus is failing to tell you is that this isn't just any vampire. He is the oldest of the old. He went through the war just as I did." She grumbles.

"So both of you have gone through war. I don't see how that makes a difference. Just means you know him a bit more than we might. And the more we know about him, the better." He then took a small deep breath and looked Angelian dead in the eyes. "Look, Angelian, say what you want about him, but we're not going to let him drive you away. I understand wanting to move just so someone won't catch you, but moving every time a new threat is presented does no good. You're staying here, no matter what that master vampire has to say about it."

Markus hid his smile as the kid spoke. He had guts, that was for sure. Before Angelian could argue, he had nodded and said sternly. "Its settled. You aren't going any where."

She only shook her head at them. "Niether of you get it. I've been fighting for centuries since my turning ,every where I went. I am tired. I dont run because I fear the fight. I run because I'm tired of fighting."

Markus nods. "Most fighters are but you aren't doing this alone."

Purple nodded and gave her a soft smile. "Maybe we'll never fully understand what you've been through, or what you're currently going through. But no one can ever fully understand everything about another person. Even if you're tired of fighting, sometimes you just have to tough it out till the fight's over. And it helps to have a team with you, so you don't tire out too fast. You won't get any help by turning people away. So no matter what you say, we're going to help you!" He turned to Markus with a more confident smile on his face now. "Right?"

Markus had nodded, his arms crossed over his chest. "Indeed."

She shook her head. "I have watched through the centuries, people I cared about die. Slaughtered before my eyes just because of what I am. Killed by angel and vampire alike....and others by my own hand....I'm tired." She says.

Markus was watching her before he disappeared and returned with a cup of water. "Drink this. You need to stay hydrated."

She hesitated before accepting it and drinking.

Markus accepted the cup back and watched as she began to fall asleep. In the water had been a knock out agent. She tenses when she realized but it was too late. Soon she fell back on the bed unconscious.

Markus nods and gently tucked her in, careful not to touch her. Then he looks to Purple. "That should keep her out for a few hours. I need to get a few things packed then we will move to a different location. If there is anyone you need to tell do it now or if you want to back out, you can. I wont judge. We are about to get into a fight with the master vampire of the city. It wont be easy."

Purple was mildly shocked by this, but his tone of voice when he spoke seemed exaggerate it. "Wait, wait, wait. You and I would not let up trying to convince her she should stay, then when she's unconscious you turn right around and say we need leave?! Can you not make up your mind?! And are you saying you'd rather stay and fight or bail out of the city? Everything you're saying right now is contradicting something else you've said, and I can't tell what you're really saying at this point."

Markus stopped and looked at the kid. "If we moved from here while she was awake she would just use it as a chance to run again." He shakes his head. "And in the last ten minutes, the magic protecting this place had been getting weaker. If I told her that, she would be out the door and she can barely stand still." He looks level at Purple. "So we need to find a safer spot in the city to deal with this."

Hearing this, Purple seemed to become embarrassed with everything he had said just before, and pinched the bridge of his nose in an attempt not to show it. "Right... sorry about that. If you need any help getting her out of here, I'm up for it. As long as we're not leaving the city, I doubt there's anyone I'll have to tell about any of this."

Markus nods. "We wont be leaving the city, just going to a safer place. You can help by carrying her. For some reason you can touch her without causing her pain. I cant do that." He nods. "We need to move quickly and when we get there, she wont be happy when she wakes up."

He nods and goes to pick up Angelian. He wasn't really sure if he could do it, but for the time being he seemed to manage. Then he spoke softly just to be sure she wouldn't wake up anytime soon. "Alright, lead the way."

Markus nods once the boy had a handle on Angelian. He lead the way back downstairs and out to a car parked in the back alley. His eyes scanning the area as Purple put her in the car. Once that was done he got in as well.

Then they would leave the alley and drive a few blocks over to another building. He parked the car in the garage of the structure and nods to Purple. "This way." He gets out of the car and guided the boy up a few levels of the building until they came to a fully furnished flat.

He nods to the bed that lay in a corner of the room. "Lay her there."

Purple kept a close eye on Angelian the whole way, both making sure she was okay and somewhat afraid she might wake up and get upset. But once directed to set her down on the bed, he did so and stepped away. "So... this place is supposedly safer from the master?" He was silent for a moment, thinking, then he spoke again. "You know... call me crazy, but the more I think about it, the more I kind of want to meet this master vampire. I'm not sure why, it just... sounds kind of enticing."

Markus nodded. "Its as safe as can be for the moment. Its a place that not even the master can enter. That is how strong and old the magic is here."

He placed a blanket over Angelian and watched her a moment before Red spoke about meeting the master. He shakes his head. "Thst would not be a good idea right now. He would use you against her. " he shakes his head.

Purple shrugged a little and seemed unfazed. "I was just thinking out loud... so how long do you think we might have to hide out here? Not that I mind if we'll have to be here for a while, I'm just checking to be sure."

Markus shakes his head a bit. "I'm not sure." He looks to Angelian's sleeping form. "She will have to face him sooner or later. I have a feeling there is something more so about this master vampire though, something she isn't telling. " He said shaking his head. "When she wakes, we'll see."

He nods and starts looking around the room. "I'm still a little curious how I don't hurt her when I touch her. The only reason I can think of is because I'm a demon and she's part angel, but something about that just doesn't sound right. Sounds too... stereotypical."

Back