Blood Dragon

Focusedheart

Through all, smile. Through the worst, smirk.
The forest was quiet this late at night. Even the birds had returned to their nests to sleep for the night. Of course except those who hunted at night. The breeze bringing the sound of wings and calls.

Yet a lone figured walked beneath the canopy of trees, in the silence of the shadows. The female form was clothed in black pants that were made of a soft flexible material, her long red shirt made of the same material. Black boots covered her feet yet made no sound upon the ground.

Her long red hair had been in a braid but now lay in a mess about her head. On hand was clamped tightly over a wound that seemed to refuse to stop it's bleeding. Something was stuck within it ,keeping the wound open.

For now her destination was that of a lake not far from her now. She would be in sight of it soon and then could possibly deal with the wound and remove the item that had lodged itself there.

Once in a while she would tilt her head as if listening to something. It was indeed someone or rather something. A dragon, her dragon. The other half to her was a large red dragon whose attitude was the reason for the female's current state and thus they were scolding each other back and forth but to anyone else it would simply be a strange woman talking to herself.

The lake came into sight and hope filled her at the sight of it. There was a chance of relief finally from this terrible pain.

A man leans against a tree, his hair a dark brown and unkempt. He lifts a cooked trout to his lip, ready to eat, when he notices a girl walking to the river. He stands up slowly, narrowing his eyes at her as he judges whether she was a threat. Approaching slowly and carefully just out of her peripheral vision, he is now about 10 feet from her. Sighing internally, he decides to greet the lost soul. "Hello, wayward maiden. I am Scipio." He declares, unsure how she might react.

Dagger could sense that she was no longer alone at the lake. It wasn't a surprise to her as she stops moving. A grimace leaving her form as she glances towards the male that had approached and spoken to her. "Hello..I'm Dagger." she nods slightly. She manages a slight smile before stepping to the edge of the water.

As she sits down, she moves her shirt enough to reveal the deep gash on her side along with what looked to be a claw stuck in the wound as well. It was just out of her reach to pull the thing out.

She glances over to the stranger, then returns to her wound. It was not uncommon for her to deal with strangers but being wounded in front of one troubled her more.

Blood, her dragon half was on edge but shifting was out of the question. It would only tear them both up with that thing in the wound.

Scipio looks solemnly at the wound, "Dagger, quite the ominous name." He says as he kneels to get a better look at the wound. "Would you like help? You will have a hell of a time getting that out on your own." He says, careful not to near her more than he must.

She glanced at him carefully as he got closer. Her eyes seemed to flicker from one color to another before returning to normal.

"Help would be appreciated. " She says to him but was careful not to let her guard down still. "The name was given, for obvious reasons. " She says to him.

"Reasons still too subtle for me, naming such a fair maiden Dagger..." Scipio says, carefully walking closer, "Though you look like you can hold such a title." He touches the claw, and sees the blood had stained it.

"Grit your teeth, this will hurt." He warns her as he examines the wound to remove it without causing more harm when he takes the claw out.

The female gave a slight smile at those words. "A name earned." She shrugs slightly.

Pain, that was something she was used to. "I'm ready." She says as she braces herself for the pain. It was not something uncommon for her. As soon as the item was removed she knew the wound would start healing but it would need to be cleaned first before it did.

Scipio takes a deep breath and decides the best way to remove it. The hook would make it difficult to remove without nicking the skin, and removing it slowly would be a torture. He carefully turns it and pulls it, causing the hook of it to tear a small bit of skin on the way out. He took his scarf and pressed it against the wound to slow the bleeding until she could slip into the cold stream.

A sound of pain left her lips as the claw was finally released from her side. She grimaces again but nods to the male. "Thank you. Shadow Demons....nothing to mess with..." she grumbles then moves to stand up.

She fell back to her knees for a moment before standing up again. Her dragon half was scolding her but Dagger ignored the dragon.

Getting into the water, she relaxed into. "Water be ever cleansing..." she murmurs.

Scipio turns away and walks back to the food he had sat with and picked it up. Walking back to the girl, he offers her the food. "You won't last long without food to eat, Dagger." He says as he sits on the edge of the creek awaiting her decision.

"Oh, and I have a small camp about a quarter mile northeast. Feel free to get some rest." He adds in hospitality.

Dagger arched a brow for a moment as he offered her food and also told her of his camp. This was new for her. Never had a stranger willing to help her.

Once she was sure the wound was cleaned, she moved back towards the shore and accepted the food from him. "Thank you." She says and nods.

Her dragon stirred and was close to the surface before fading back. The dragon was restless and unrelenting but it was also the dragon's fault that she was injured in the first place.

Scipio nods back, and lays down on a patch of grass. "What are you doing here, wandering the woods like this?" Scipio says intending to make small talk. He knew she wouldn't be one for such pointless conversations, but it was better than silence. Perhaps it would help her trust him, or at least not see him as a threat.

He also notes her mangled hair, and her strange outfit. He knew what she was, an assassin, little doubt in his mind. Only one of them would dress in that manner and behave so warily. Then again, perhaps not. He didn't care what she was as long as she didn't threaten him personally.

As if reading his thoughts, she seemed to smile and shakes her head at him. Moving out of the water, her wound began to heal up. It was painful but slowly eased to where the wound was soon nothing but a scar.

"I travel a lot. Usually get into trouble because of my other half. " She shrugs a little. Finishing the food he had given her, she pulls her hair free from the messy braid. Running her fingers through the mess, she got it mostly figured out and began to braid it back up.

He watches her braid the hair, and he admired her resilience after such a wound. "Traveling... I take it you are also a vagabond?" He says, combing his hair with his fingers as well since the braiding prompted him to manage his appearance.

She arches a brow then shrugs at the question. "I suppose.." she grimaces a little before relaxing. The wound had healed up but she would be sore tomorrow she was sure of.

"Why are you way out here?" She asks curiously as she sits down near him but still out of reach.

Scipio took a deep breath after the question, as if stirring an old pain. "Well.... where do I begin? All that matters is I have no place to call home anymore." He answers, his voice sounding a bit raspy. He judges the distance between them to be around 6 feet, and he laughs to himself. She was more afraid of him that he was of her, why would she be so nervous? "Are you in trouble? You seem unnerved, but rest assured I am no bounty hunter." He says as he closes his eyes halfway looking at the canopy of tree branches above them.

Her eyes flicker slightly. "I know what it is to be without a home. I'm sorry." She says.

She arches a brow at his words then shakes her head. "Money changes the mind of many people, including family." She shrugs then looks around before looking back at him. She was cautious by nature and it had kept her out of trouble for the most part ,unless her dragon got testy.

Scipio chuckles and rises to his feet. "Money and lust... they can bend the minds of even the wisest." He states as he picks up his knapsack he left by a tree and turns around. "Heading to camp, or do you want to risk the wolves?" He asks before walking away. He didn't like the idea of her wandering alone in the woods.

She arches a brow at his words. Wolves. Those were the least of her problems but she nodded and followed him towards his camp.

Keeping quiet she didn't say anything as they headed to his camp. The man still puzzled her. No stranger was ever this kind then again he didn't know what she was yet.

Scipio walked along a vague path of crushed leaves until they came to a small thatch tent and fire pit. Around the fir pit were damp hessian blankets he was drying earlier. "Here, take a seat" He says, spreading out a small mat for her next to the fire pit. He bent over the fire pit with his flint and knife trying to light the charcoal ans twigs. "I am sorry I have little more to offer than a fire and bed of pine needles, but welcome." He says as he nurtures a small flame. His face has fatigue etched into it as he gets the fire up.

Back